Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: The Bag and the Box

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Jenny and Beau are on the hunt to find the killer of a decorated veteran. Meanwhile, Cassie closes in on the Barnes family, all while getting closer with Cormac; and Tonya and Donno devise a plan for their own best interest. 

Premiere Date: Wednesday, October 26, 2022      10pm     ABC

bs306-1.jpg
Jensen Ackles         Spare Change?...    Empty You Wallet!
FfetIH-WAAE8ONw?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1

Yeah, it would have been so on the nose, but not an Impala? Lol.

Donno vs Walt was a scene I didn't know I needed. Absolute gold. I kind of love Donno, I admit it.

I'm a little bored with the Paige and Walt storyline though.

Sunny and Buck's act is falling apart. Damn Buck, I was liking you.

Lucky for Cassie, Cormac seems innocent for now.

Avery getting inadvertently called out for snooping in front of the mom was great. He is so sketchy. 

The case of the week, again, was pretty decent. I like the simultaneous A and B stories, but I wish Jenny and Cassie had more scenes together.

JA is only on for one season? If the series goes another year, his presence will be missed. He brings the humor.

ETA, the last 2 minutes made me edit my post. Yikes.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Like 2
  • Love 8

More twists and turns with knives and cars!

The case of the week was pretty good. I like that they're doing a whole spectrum of cases, kidnapping, murder, bank robbery, grand theft auto, escaped prisoner, etc. 

A part of the investigation we shouldn't think about, is that when they had a print out of the owner of the 3rd car, wasn't a copy of their DL with their photograph, included? 

Avery and Carla act more like they just started dating than a married couple, (just my opinion), very formal with each other. There's no affection, and I don't mean PDAs. I mean more like casual touches. Weird how both Beau and Avery keep telling Emily "don't tell Mom." Says something about Mom, I guess

Don't really understand the overarching mystery. Seems like Sunny and Buck are just reacting. They may have crimes in their past, but currently they don't seem to be doing anything underhanded. Unless their whole glamping thing is a con or cover for something more like smuggling or human trafficking. 

The scene with Walter and Donno was the best! 

Did not see Buck's actions coming. Was that Emily's knife?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I have to wonder about burying that suitcase right ON a hiking trail and not in the center of some heavily wooded forest. I mean, just step off the trail four or five paces and bury the thing there. Plus, Walt managed to bury a whole person deep enough, Sunny can't dig a hole deeper than four inches to bury the suitcase? And no animal would bother to dig that thing up unless it was full of Little Debbie snack cakes or something else to eat. Wild animals aren't much interested in the latest fashion.

I think swinging around a few lies would be easier for Buck than hiding another body. Those are starting to pile up.

I'm thinking Cormac is behind some of those old dead bodies though. Not that I want that to happen. I kinda like him stalking Cassie.

More Walt and Donno please!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Name a more iconic duo than Jensen Ackles and him referring to vintage cars as "baby"!

Case of the week was fun, even though I thought it was pretty obvious that the convict was going to be behind it all.  And not just because he was played by Brad Leland.  Buddy Garrity's always got something cooking up!

Walter facing off against Donno was something I never knew I wanted, but I really should have because they are so obviously golden together.  Both of the actors were clearly having a ball bouncing off one another.  Hope we see more of that.

Looks like Walter really did kill his adoptive/foster parents, but as I suspect, it sounds like they really were abusive to him.  But I'm curious about this Meredith friend he mentioned.  I have to imagine she'll factor in at some point.  And I'm still wondering why Sunny put him up for adoption in the first place and what led them to being reunited.

Carla/Beau's ex really doesn't seem to know much about the guy she's currently married too.  But now we know he's apparently really good at archery, so I'm sure this won't be the last time we see him draw a bow!

Cassie and Cormac are continuing to heat up.... even with him knowing she suspects his parents of foul play.

So, now another camper as been killed in order to keep all of this a secret: this time by Buck's hands (with Sunny witnessing it)!  Even if they somehow avoid responsibility (I doubt that very much), this bodycount is not going to help them when it comes to their promises of safety and fun!

• Love 8

In general I enjoyed this episode. My favorite part was Donno & Walter. They are magically weird together and the subtle injection of humor is perfect. I'm tired of Jenny wearing concert t-shirts, and is it me, or are her pants getting tighter? I also noticed the bottom of her boots were red. Please don't tell me they put her in Loubioutins.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

When you are out in the woods alone with someone you think is sketchy, don't keep questioning them and letting them know you are on to them! Just go along with whatever they say until you are in a safe place to tell someone you trust!! Just a PSA lol. 

• Like 6
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
8 hours ago, LilyP said:

I'm tired of Jenny wearing concert t-shirts

Has anyone noticed if she repeats any of the shirts? Does she have an endless supply? When does she find time to go to concerts or does she get a stack from online thrift stores (or something) every week? I can't think each one lasts too long as she seems to rip/cut out the neck and arms?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, MAK said:
9 hours ago, LilyP said:

I'm tired of Jenny wearing concert t-shirts

Has anyone noticed if she repeats any of the shirts? Does she have an endless supply? When does she find time to go to concerts or does she get a stack from online thrift stores (or something) every week? I can't think each one lasts too long as she seems to rip/cut out the neck and arms?

I have not noticed a repeat. Angela, a detective on The Rookie, also wears concert t-shirts under a jacket. No police detective or sheriff's deputy would dress like either one of them.

• Like 5
On 10/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, Pondlass1 said:

Only Sheriff Beau should be allowed to kick down a door.  There should be a law.

Eh, I see it as just another reason that they're made for each other. ;-)

Beau and Jenny are, hands down, my favorite thing about this show.

I love them to pleces; especially the slow burn of this relationship that they're giving us.

I can't wait for him to call her Jenny instead of Hoyt, while stiil loving and LOLing at his response of "You wish" to her very sultry response of "Would it break your heart?" when he asked her if she was really never going to date another cop. 

That little scene was one of two that were Golden to me in this episode. 

The other was, of course, Walter and Donno's scene which was so funny and loaded with subtleties-my favorite kind of dialogue.

The case of the week was good-loved Sheriff Beau's action scene and the scene with him and Popernak and Jenny when they were discussing what to do next in their search for someone else's Baby AKA Delilah, the vintage Trans Am in this episode(I see what you did there, Show-btw, I recently read that Jensen Ackles adds in a lot of the SPN easter eggs, himself, and the editors leave them in. Love that. So much.). And the obvious pain our dear Sheriff experienced afterwards, both on the road and when he went back to the office and tried to hide it from Jenny, but she saw, Sir, and that little interaction was lovely too.

Jenny getting hit on by the cop and the bad guy was a hoot and almost made me hope that the bad guy wasn't the bad guy even while I kind of knew that he was even while he was hitting on her and which his accomplice's murder cemented. 

Cassie's investigation may be the downfall of anything good that might come of her and Cormack, but the real question is who Cormack will back when he finds out how crazy mom and dad are-not to mention step-brother Walter, who I think now possesses Emily's knife- for the poster above who was wondering. Not 100% sure of that though. Maybe someone here with better eyes might have noticed?...

And last, but not least, poor Mary, yes, who just couldn't refrain from voicing her suspicions to the wrong person at the wrong time even while she knew that it might be the wrong person and blinding her to the knife in the back from-Surprise!(but not really, tbh)-Buck-who now has commited the first actual murder that we've seen as far as the long story of the glampers in the woods is concerned.

Looking very forward to next week and how Sunny and Buck will handle this one.

Can't wait for the sheriff's dept. and Cassie to get working together on what's going on in those woods.

That's going to be fun and we'll see if Denise's 20-year-old bleeding heart murder mystery gets solved too, along with the Paige/Luke/Avery and now Tonya and Donno shenanigans too.

Lots of very interesting irons in the campfire, along with lots of interesting characters is making this viewer very happy, Big Sky writers.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5

Anyone wondering when or if Jenny's mom will be brought up again? They showed her with Tonya and Donno (favorite character ever) then they ditched her for glamping. Reminds me of when Richie Cunningham's older brother went upstairs never to be seen again. 

I love Reba McIntyre in this role. Anyone who's seen "Reba" knows she's great at comedy but this shows she's also very good at bringing the drama. I laugh when she immediately switches from nice Sunny to mean Sunny with her comments about Cassie after being questioned ("I just don't like that girl."), and although she sang a little in an early episode or 2, the writers aren't forcing the singing when it wouldn't fit.  Its fun watching Reba and her real life honey as a couple onscreen. Hopefully their real life is less dramatic.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 10/27/2022 at 1:49 AM, CrazyDog said:

Donno vs Walt was a scene I didn't know I needed. Absolute gold. I kind of love Donno, I admit it.

OMG, Yes! I can't believe how much I loved that scene. Everything about Donno and Tonya is gold, they really add a spark to the episode. 

The Crime of the Week was good too. Rather enjoyed the story and thought the Ex-Con (Micky) was an interesting character and liked the way the actor played him.

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I bailed in season 1 but I'm here as long as Jensen is, he even called the car baby :-)

Walter and Donno's scene was the best, lol.

I don't care for Jenny's work clothes or her boots, which look really uncomfortable to wear/run in. But like I said I'm only here for Jensen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tessabq said:

Does this mean Beau is going to be a single parent or am I horribly confused?

If you are referring to the lady in the woods who was stabbed in the back and no longer with the living, no, that was an anonymous, stupid red shirt glamper out for a run. It wasn't Beau's ex-wife. As far as we know, she's still at the campground.

Edited by FlickChick
Big difference between wife and ex-wife!
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
On 10/29/2022 at 5:49 PM, FlickChick said:

If you are referring to the lady in the woods who was stabbed in the back and no longer with the living, no, that was an anonymous, stupid red shirt glamper out for a run.

I can't remember for sure, but she might be the woman who Luke was flirting with after Paige went missing.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Not only does Jenny wear concert tshirts to work but she cuts them purposely to show off her cleavage. 

Maybe she's trying to look like she ripped out of them, like the Hulk.  So it's not her fault. 😀

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

Perhaps. But I'm fairly sure that the actor doesn't get to choose her wardrobe, so the negative feelings should really go to the person who chooses it for her.

I got the impression that the comments were directed at “Jenny” the character and not the person who plays her. 

• Love 2

I find Jenny to be a failure as the deputy chief.   She didn’t even know that there are multiple places  on a car that  a VIN is placed -  specifically to thwart criminals. She dresses like a 20 year old.  She’s not undercover in a college drug buy.  She’s second in command in her law enforcement agency.  Cassie doesn’t dress that way, and she’s a private investigator. 

I don’t call what Reba is doing here drama.  It’s definitely comedy.    She and Buck keep piling up the criminal offenses.

I have decided that Cormac is innocent and he seems suspicious of his parents.   interesting that he is the product of a definitely odd mom and a now homicidal dad. 
I think Emily’s knife was picked up by Cormac, but he may have given it to Buck offscreen.  I don’t think Emily told Cormac she lost a knife. 

still not sure why Avery was snooping around Paige’s tent.   If he’s there to find the cryptocurrency, why were Donno and Tracy hired?  

Edited by mythoughtis

I was so not expecting that ending Wow.  We have now moved from passive not helping to actual murder.  And, not by the family member I would have expected it of.  And, yeah, I didn't really remember Mary. 

• Like 1
On 10/28/2022 at 11:20 AM, Myrelle said:

I recently read that Jensen Ackles adds in a lot of the SPN easter eggs, himself, and the editors leave them in.

They should oughta give one to Lost and have Buck, or maybe Donno, running through the woods shouting "WAAALT!"

• LOL 2

Dang Buck...you were sorta-kinda-still a little bit innocent but you done stabbed that lady who couldn't shut up about her suspicions.   Guess you're going down with the ship at the end of the season.    So it's Buck and Reba vs. the "Odd Couple".    Should be fun.

• Like 1
  • Love 1