Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: The Heist

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Eve, Gavin and others attempt to commandeer a shipment of black rock to gain access to the mysterious Building, where they believe they may find a way to bring Josh and Riley home. In 1988, Josh and Riley must act swiftly to prevent Caroline from altering the timeline.

Premiere Date: Tuesday, October 25, 2022        9pm     NBC    
LA-BREA-Season-2-Episode-5-The-Heist.jpg
NUP_198030_00056_lowRes.jpg

Wolfsnack and Riley do manage to not disturb the timeline when Grandma gives custody of Isaiah to his adoptive parents.

Eve has no idea which man she wants and at least Gavin has more on his mind than her.

We learn that the more primitive lady’s husband is from the more advanced mining society. We also learn of rather large crawly spiders.

Lo and behold, they do reach the magic building and now there is some dude there that probably is evil. But they need to get the kids back. My hmmm-o-meter is pondering all this added nonsense.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Wolfsnack and Riley do manage to not disturb the timeline when Grandma gives custody of Isaiah to his adoptive parents.

They also suggest that there is some sort of fixed timeline and Josh and Riley ALWAYS went to 1988 and talked to Caroline.

Which contradicts the stuff with the plane crash in season 1.

Gavin and Eve are horrible parents for bringing Izzie down there and then letting her come on the dangerous journey with them. I get not wanting to get separated, but maybe that's why they should have left her in 2021 (even though I like the character and want her to stay on the show).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lo and behold, they do reach the magic building and now there is some dude there that probably is evil

I was only halfway paying attention, but the Evil Dude’s voice sounded like

Spoiler

John Glover

but I’m unspoiled, so it could be anyone with a similar voice 🤷🏻‍♀️

There was one unintentionally LOL moment. Anyone recall?

No one thought about, you know, STEPPING on some of those big spiders? They weren't horse sized. Instead, they were held off by a Bic lighter. Alrighty then. I would have laughed MAO if they escaped from the spiders and went through the wall into a room full of snakes.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Honestly I was like "wha?" for most of this. I've reached the point where I need some coherence. 

Yeah, is anyone following this? They are making this show way too complicated. I've completely lost the thread on the 1988 characters, where they're from, where they're going, etc. Last week Grandma said she had only just begun her experiments but this week she said they already built a time portal in 10,000 BC. Which is it? Meanwhile in 10,000 BC we've got Paara's tribe and the "sky people" and the Exiles and next week we'll apparently meet whoever is running things at the tower. 

The whole plan to hijack the shipment from the Exiles seemed so far-fetched and so half-baked it's laughable they managed to pull it off. I mean, I haven't seen any other Exiles wearing scarves over their faces so when they were stopped at the gate it was like, isn't that the least bit suspicious? Why wouldn't he ask them to drop the scarves? SO dumb.

And am I to understand not one person who fell through that sinkhole had a gun? If the sinkhole had been in Texas they all would have guns on them.

Why would Isiah lose his memory by going to 1988? Neither Josh nor Riley did. Nobody else who has gone through a portal has.

Honestly, the show is really suffering from being overly ambitious. They had a simple premise to work with and couldn't leave it at that. Send some people back in time to 10,000 BC. Let them deal with the giant animals and wolves and wooly mammoths and maybe a local tribe or two. Let them set up their own rival communities and try to live off the land. Throw in a Sleestak or two and that's all you really need.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

No one thought about, you know, STEPPING on some of those big spiders? They weren't horse sized. Instead, they were held off by a Bic lighter. Alrighty then. I would have laughed MAO if they escaped from the spiders and went through the wall into a room full of snakes.

Stepping on the spiders? Ew. No. Too squishy. Well, unless it's the only option.
Note to self: When the time portal sink hole opens up under my already-sloping condo, be sure to grab the Swiffer for smushing bugs. 
But this isn't another planet. Google shows that the few types of spiders that live in colonies do not look like those spiders.
Or maybe it is another planet now?
Sure.
Anyway, I was out of the room when they escaped from the spiders, but "out of the spider pit and into the snake pit" sounds about right. I bet it was in a first draft.

18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

And am I to understand not one person who fell through that sinkhole had a gun? If the sinkhole had been in Texas they all would have guns on them.

Originally Lucas and his now-dead mom had a gun.
Way too much punching in this episode. 
I'd prefer the folks from the future left a few Stargate zat guns laying around (1st zap stuns; 2nd zap kills; 3rd zap disappears the body) but with just the 1st zap stuns and the 2nd zap sends the stunned body to some place else.
Hey. Since nobody seems to be running this show, I'm retired and will work for food at current prices.

18 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Honestly, the show is really suffering from being overly ambitious. They had a simple premise to work with and couldn't leave it at that.

I think I am now beyond the generosity of saying the show is "overly ambitious."

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

WORD to your post @iMonrey. I feel like the writers are making stuff up every few minutes to fill out 45 minutes of story. It's like they are taking us on a '60s LSD trip via every episode. (Not that I know anything about '60s LSD trips.) But it is kinda fun since nothing makes sense. I can deal with that!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Well, Scott’s vape pen finally ran out of juice and with Lucas’ help learned how to deal with his sudden loss 🤣

I don’t get how Isaiah in 1988 has no memory of life in 10,000 BC but Wolf Snack and Pre Med remember everything either.  

Any time I see Izzy wanting to do something that has a lot of risk attached (like going to the Exiles camp) then fall hard I think of her prosthetic leg and the possibility of it being damaged in a place where an effective repair would be challenging if not impossible.  

At this point I’m watching the show because it’s there.  I don’t know how much longer I want to watch this junk.  I can’t see it getting any better.  

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Cobb Salad said:

Well, Scott’s vape pen finally ran out of juice and with Lucas’ help learned how to deal with his sudden loss 🤣

If that tossed vape pen doesn't show up in 1988 as a plot point, I will be even more disappointed in this show than I already am.
I would prefer if it is discovered in the fossil of a prehistoric animal that choked on the vape pen. 
These people have no concern for the butterfly effect. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

When Paara wouldn't tell what happened to her husband I knew we'd find out soon enough, but when she recognized "Taamet" (had to look it up) and Ty asked who he was, she shocked me with her answer, because what I said out loud was "He's my SON!" I guess she's not as old as I thought she was.

I was certain she was going to say son not husband.

• Like 3
  • Love 5

I went into this with the mindset that it's gonna be dumb, just leave my brain at the door and be entertained by the mindlessness, but, good glory, it's this muddled and it's only Season 2? They trying to beat Lost's record?

The only thing that gets me riled up about this show's story is the lurve triangle. Ich. I get why Eve turned to Levi. I mean, he's there, he's reasonably attractive, and he performs like a well-trained lap dog. On the other hand, he's boring and an ass best friend. I'm Team Gavin, but in the sense that he deserves better than either of these two.

I miss Marybeth. I'd take her over Eve's Mary Sue any day.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

I went into this with the mindset that it's gonna be dumb, just leave my brain at the door and be entertained by the mindlessness, but, good glory, it's this muddled and it's only Season 2? They trying to beat Lost's record?

I watched this on demand over the summer and thought what fun!  And now it is giving me Lost vibes - I stopped watching Lost because of how confusing and not fun it kept getting.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

Any time I see Izzy wanting to do something that has a lot of risk attached (like going to the Exiles camp) then fall hard I think of her prosthetic leg and the possibility of it being damaged in a place where an effective repair would be challenging if not impossible.  

We've already seen how slathering on some tar-pit tar and a duct-tape wrap can fix that prosthetic, so no problem.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Lo and behold, they do reach the magic building and now there is some dude there that probably is evil. 

Wait, there was a dude there? I remember the episode ending with the tower door opening but I do not remember a dude lol.

3 hours ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

When Paara wouldn't tell what happened to her husband I knew we'd find out soon enough, but when she recognized "Taamet" (had to look it up) and Ty asked who he was, she shocked me with her answer, because what I said out loud was "He's my SON!" I guess she's not as old as I thought she was.

I thought she'd say brother. I didn't see husband coming.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Well, Scott’s vape pen finally ran out of juice and with Lucas’ help learned how to deal with his sudden loss 🤣

I've pretty much commented on this after every episode so hopefully I can let it go now. Maybe he had a giant bottle of juice in his backpack but how the hell was he charging that thing? You have to charge those vape pens every day. Did one of the cars that fell through the sink hole have a working battery and a USB charging port? We'll never know. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I started watching the episode and continue to be confused. But I need some help with some basic knowledge in general history:

Paara uses time in years and the concept of marriage in a modern way. When was the modern western calendar introduced? Because I would expect someone in 10,000 B.C.to use seasons to convey time passing. And the marriage thing, that is a pretty modern concept. I don't know it there are records of how society organized itself in this micro universe, families, etc but I would not expect her to use "my husband" as if they had a whole paper signing and a big party. It sounded pretty ridiculous coming from the mouth of someone dressed and with make up to convey some form of very early "city" life.

But I know nothing, and the writers probably don't know anything either. Also, too lazy to search for this information

Izzy was acting like a 5 year-old. She is hurt, that's understandable and hurt doesn't choose a  time to manifest itself. But trying to go all marriage counsel on her parents in a cave with giant spiders, when there are such pressing dangers and a mission ahead is completely ridiculous. She deserves a sit down and to be put in her place. Or they can just say "yeah yeah, we will be back together now shut up kid" - just like one appeases an annoying young child.

Scott is annoying me. If pot is the only thing that makes him go through life, he is pretty messed up. I know anxiety and that story is so weak to have caused such damage after such a long time, he might be the most lonely person in the world, someone who never had anyone to help him through the real trauma of losing a sibling. 

• Love 3

This triangle and Izzy is really annoying. I wish her and her father can go back. 

With Izzy trying to claim all is ok now because the visions justified the drinking and etc.. is ridiculous. Eve needs to shut her up and give her some reality that it doesn't justify it.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Wait, there was a dude there? I remember the episode ending with the tower door opening but I do not remember a dude lol.

I think I was distracted, my eyes turned away for a few seconds and thought the preview for next week was part of the show.

Edited by Frozendiva
51 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

So was I.  I really don’t want to watch another love triangle on this show.  If you could call this thing with Paara that, I don’t know.  

7 minutes ago, circumvent said:

Izzy was acting like a 5 year-old. She is hurt, that's understandable and hurt doesn't choose a  time to manifest itself. But trying to go all marriage counsel on her parents in a cave with giant spiders, when there are such pressing dangers and a mission ahead is completely ridiculous. She deserves a sit down and to be put in her place. Or they can just say "yeah yeah, we will be back together now shut up kid" - just like one appeases an annoying young child.

I wish she’d just go away.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cobb Salad said:

I don’t get how Isaiah in 1988 has no memory of life in 10,000 BC but Wolf Snack and Pre Med remember everything either.  

At this point I’m watching the show because it’s there.  I don’t know how much longer I want to watch this junk.  I can’t see it getting any better.  

Isaiah might have something worth remembering.  The universe recognizes that our teen heroes don't know squat so what's the point of erasing their already empty heads?

And yes I do get you.  I kinda wish I could go into the past and make a few changes so I wouldn't have lost all the brain cells that I have sacrificed watching this.

Not to beat a dead horse.  But why is the goal to bring the son back to 10,000 BC rather than put the daughter in 1988 AD where her worst nightmare is being surrounded by Swatch watches rather than spiders as big as her head?

Tower created by folks from the future (though who knows when the future if since she is speaking in 1988 where 2020 is in the future).  Towers creates sink holes.  Remains to me seen if they create butterfly effects or if the time line is already set to account for interference.  The former is scary, but the later perhaps scarier.  A concept from Dune.  If you know the future you lose free will because you become a slave to it no longer permitted to deviate from your destiny.  But such high concepts give the show WAY too much credit.

So the leader of the exiles is the husband of Paraa.  Perhaps it means she is also Tongva.  And since while the Tongva predate the Europeans they didn't enter the area until thousands of years after 10,000 BC that Paraa is herself a "sky person."  While that makes sense I have a hunch they will just ignore that and pretend she is indigenous to the time because reasons.

Edited by Taget
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, WatcherUatl10 said:

5 hours ago, Redrum said:

I was certain she was going to say son not husband.

1 hour ago, Cobb Salad said:

So was I.

Heh. All y'all haven't woken up next to 3 or 4 lovers/live-ins over 10+ years to be informed there was a fiancée, gf, ex, whathaveyou waiting in the wings or arriving later that day.
So. Yeah. Given the dialog earlier where Ty asked about her husband, I saw that coming a light year away. 

What confused me was when Taamet was peering at our masked, time-traveling fools, I thought he recognized Gavin from their previous discussion in the caves about how Gavin recognized Taamet's language, and I thought Taamet was letting them escape on purpose.

One more thing:
Why is Natalie Zea/Eve freshly manicured each episode????

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I thought both Mary Beth and Ty had a gun. Along with Levi, but I think they’re out of bullets.

I’m not really following the storyline, but I’m still enjoying the show for what it is. Although I’m really tired of the main family and their love triangle drama. I prefer the side characters.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I figured it would be husband since she had the dramatic reveal about him being dead. But I thought she was going to be shocked that he was alive. Telling someone your husband died, when you just mean, "they are dead to ME" is kind of wrong IMO. Why not just tell Ty you split from your husband because he's a terrible person?

3 hours ago, Taget said:

Isaiah might have something worth remembering.  The universe recognizes that our teen heroes don't know squat so what's the point of erasing their already empty heads?

Maybe it has to do with how long he was down there?

Although Lilly/Ella supposedly had amnesia when she was found because adult Ella didn't remember anything about 10,000 BC. So maybe that theory doesn't work. Maybe you have to be an adult to keep your memories (and Josh is close enough?)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

The writers clearly never learned about Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. 

Who blathers about their personal relationships when they don’t know if they will have food to eat or get attacked by wild animals at any minute?

And one of them has separation anxiety. The weird fetishizing of physical proximity over keeping their loved ones safe is ridiculous. FGS, your children are safer in 1988, not reuniting with you in 10k BC.

• Love 8

“I’m not just from 1988, I’m actually from THE FUTURE!”

Of *course* she is.  This show never met a time-travel plotline it couldn’t needlessly complicate and muddle the heck out of.

Knowing this show, Scott will probably recover from weed withdrawal within the hour.

Also, Izzy, the visions weren’t Gavin’s fault but you can’t just gloss over the fact that his coping mechanism was becoming a raging alcoholic. Like, *that* somehow didn’t affect you at all?  And you’re somehow surprised that your mother wants to keep her distance from her alcoholic husband?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

The continuing Amazing Super Ninja Skills of our modern day, no fighting skills protagonists is simply incredible.  They take down several super-buff, fit, 10,000 BC guards who are used to fighting, then a whole hunting party that comes after them!  I get a kick out of every time they kinda, sorta hit someone in the head & that person is totally knocked out.

This show has basically become a kid's cartoon to me. :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I think I was distracted, my eyes turned away for a few seconds and thought the preview for next week was part of the show.

Ah, Peacock doesn't have the promos. I'll have to start watching them on youtube.

13 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I’m not really following the storyline, but I’m still enjoying the show for what it is. 

Same. I enjoy this show precisely because it's stupid lol. 

The only characters I marginally like/care about are Lucas, Scott, Izzy, and Veronica. Maybe Jon Seda if he had something to do. I wonder if Jon Seda regrets doing this since he gets nothing or if he's happy to be doing practically nothing and getting paid?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I figured it would be husband since she had the dramatic reveal about him being dead. But I thought she was going to be shocked that he was alive. Telling someone your husband died, when you just mean, "they are dead to ME" is kind of wrong IMO. Why not just tell Ty you split from your husband because he's a terrible person?

This is peanuts compared to the fact that they were "married" in 10,000 BC and apparently also got divorced. Why include those modern concepts into the story? I mean, wasn't someone having a heart attack in an episode and they yelled at people to help him? Do they have mandatory CPR training there? 🙄

So, Gavin was born in the future, but moved to 10,000 B.C. and then was adopted in 1988? I am mildly curious about the year in the future because it makes him virtually immortal, since he will be born once more, just to be transported to the far past and then again to 1988, making his life a forever loop

11 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoy this show precisely because it's stupid lol.

I enjoy because I can come here and snark about it. Would not watch if not for that.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, circumvent said:

So, Gavin was born in the future, but moved to 10,000 B.C. and then was adopted in 1988? I am mildly curious about the year in the future because it makes him virtually immortal, since he will be born once more, just to be transported to the far past and then again to 1988, making his life a forever loop.

Confused Thinking GIF

• LOL 3

The best part of this episode was old boy sweeping the dirt in Paara's village.

I will assume Eve has an abundance of nice clean "Saturday errand running" outfits because they found that truck full of clothes in Season 1.

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only characters I marginally like/care about are Lucas, Scott, Izzy, and Veronica. Maybe Jon Seda if he had something to do. I wonder if Jon Seda regrets doing this since he gets nothing or if he's happy to be doing practically nothing and getting paid?

I thought I was the only who liked Lucas! I like the sibling dynamic that seems to be developing between him and Veronica. At first I thought it might be romantic, but I think she's supposed to be a teenager. Although the actress is in her 20s, so who knows. I thought it was interesting that Dr. Sam seemed to be showing more interest in Izzy than her actual parents. Maybe he's just missing his own daughter.

I wonder if all the villagers are from the future, and decided to break off from the rest of the scientists, or were thrown out of the tower. It would explain why they speak in such a modern way. It does frustrate me that no one besides Scott seems to be asking any questions about the villagers or the tower people.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I went into this with the mindset that it's gonna be dumb, just leave my brain at the door and be entertained by the mindlessness, but, good glory, it's this muddled and it's only Season 2?

Wait until season three when they add aliens and dinosaurs.

19 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Why is Natalie Zea/Eve freshly manicured each episode????

That's one of my favorite things. She has literally been digging up rocks for the last couple of episodes and her nails still look great.

I can't wait for the episode where we find out the the Exiles are a group of pro wrestlers who fell through the 1988 time hole.

• Wink 2
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

Although the actress is in her 20s, so who knows.

In this show, life imitate art (art?). I mean, Gavin is not even born yet, since he is from the future, but he has teenage children, and was raised in 10,000 B.C. The age of the actors is kind of the same thing. Maybe Veronica is actually an ancient woman of wisdom who will find her power once they get to the mysterious building, and Lucas is actually her great great grandson 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 10/26/2022 at 3:25 PM, badgerwoman said:

I watched this on demand over the summer and thought what fun!  And now it is giving me Lost vibes - I stopped watching Lost because of how confusing and not fun it kept getting.  

Yup. Every time someone says something like "We need to find the others" I think "No, that's a different show"

Edited by opus
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, pezgirl7 said:

I thought I was the only who liked Lucas! I like the sibling dynamic that seems to be developing between him and Veronica. At first I thought it might be romantic, but I think she's supposed to be a teenager. Although the actress is in her 20s, so who knows. I thought it was interesting that Dr. Sam seemed to be showing more interest in Izzy than her actual parents. Maybe he's just missing his own daughter.

I am also liking the Lucas/Veronica dynamic. I too thought it was going romantic but yea I never could tell how old Veronica was supposed to be. I guess she is supposed to be a teenager so it'll probably be siblings-like. I like it either way.

Ah, so Jon Seda is named Sam, then? I never could remember and didn't care enough to look it up. I'll probably still call him Jon Seda. I also like the relationship him and Izzy seem to be developing and yea, I am assuming he's sort of making her his surrogate daughter since Riley is gone and also maybe because he sees that Eve sucks lol.

• Love 2

The most unintentionally funny, LOL moment: Eve and her masked crew have taken out the overlord Exiles by wacking them with shovels, then swapped clothes with them including face coverings, and are seated in the cart full of rocks hitched to some beats of burden, and after they successfully pass the checkpoint, Eve yells: “Let’s go!” seeming to expect a hasty dash for the tower, but as the camera pulls back for a long shot so we can see the poor little mules (or whatever they are: ponies with fake rabbit ears?) barely able to plod along at a snail’s pace.

BTW, “Let’s go” occurs 8 times in the episode transcript.

• LOL 2
22 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only characters I marginally like are Scott, Lucas and maybe Ty. Izzy just whines all the time and waits for others to do something, and Veronica doesn't really do much in general. Dr. Seal could be a good character but he ALSO doesn't really do much in general. 

I didn't like Lucas much in season 1 until he started making up with his mother. And they've surprisingly given him more depth this season so it's easier to like him. I actually like his dynamic with Scott. I mean, Lucas' stuff with Veronica a couple of episodes ago was fine but I'm not really a fan of her but I'm not necessarily opposed to her like I am with others.

Generally, though, 90% of the characters are either annoying as shit or piss me off with their stupidity and selfishness. Pilot Pete (aka Levi) sucks ass, Princess Peach Eve sucks ass, and Psychic Dad with his Gavisions (that haven't even appeared this season) sucks a little less ass but still sucks. Ty's girlfriend, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman is boring, even with Assassin's Creed Playable Character being her husband. Mad Eye Moody (aka Izzy) has been useless (which is a shame because I would have loved to see a character with a disability show that they can do shit; I'm watching Survivor and Noelle, also an amputee, is doing more than Izzy has been doing. Izzy can't walk a couple of miles before breaking her own prosthetic). 

As for Wolf Snack and Pre-Med? I feel like my feelings on them are pretty clear. Their plot is also kind of dumb. So they're really gonna waste five episodes trying to fight a tidal wave. Yes, one that's apparently caused by a sinkhole, but still.  

• Love 1

This episode was a masterclass in bad formula writing.

"So now what?" was pretty much the line the characters said after every calamity ended in a convenient solution leading to yet another moment of "what the heck are we going to do next?".  The whole plan to hijack a wagon and get into the building to "rescue" Wolf Snack and Pre-Med from 1988 was about as threadbare as all out.  And then we got yet another completely unrealistic "plan" to somehow rescue all the enslaved workers from the mine.   I guess all's well that ends well on this week of La Convenience.

Rebecca is goners, but now we have Grandma answering questions with non-answers like "There's a lot that needs to be done".

Then we had those life and death scenarios or tense do-or-die escape/rescue sequences where characters launch into a long drawn out stories about how their older brother drowned when they were 13 and "since then, I've had deep anxiety issues".   I know it's the norm in movies and TV shows, but this series just does it so much more clunkily.

I liked Izzy but she was nothing but a downer liability to the mission.  Scratch that, turns out she could participate in the oh-so-easy takedown of armed Exile guards!  With a rock and a song, anyone can fight off muscle men brandishing large knives!

I too thought Paara's husband recognized Gavin and just let them go.  The alternative is that he is really, really stupid.  We should mourn his death early, since we know we will need to cry some tears when we find out he was coerced by the evil mastermind in the tower to mine precious rock but eventually he will do the right thing and sacrifice himself to save his former village family.

So Paara's people are now A-ok with supplying troops to help them fight their ex-rebels who they avoid conflict with?  At least wound your ex-husband and take him prisoner or something, no?  Isn't your community all about justice?

That Nigel guy sure was helpful.  He escaped from the Exiles and willingly went back to help them look over the precipitous with an awesome view of the mine, which would have been the ideal spot for a guard post?

Spiders from 10,000 BC can't crawl through cracks between rocks?  This show is full of tidbits of learning.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Lucas is so different in demeanor and personality this season.  He’s almost not the same person. 
Veronica is supposed to be in her teens?  I would have bet she was in her 30s.  
I still like Scott. I still dislike Levi. And Eve with the clean white shirt in a cave. 
The village has been dealing with sky people for many years.  When we first saw them, they all spoke English and the children had school in one of the huts.  I’m fairly certain that some of the current villagers ancestors were sky people.  That is why they seem so advanced for 10,000BC.  

They are definitely trying to beat Lost’s record of tying up a show in meaningless complications.  It’s like a maze with so many dead ends there is no way out.  And that’s what ruined Lost.  When we see the wheel that moves the island, or the bomb that was buried, it’s time to call it quits. 

eta:  Taamet is played by the actor that played Sam in 1883.  I didn’t recognize him under all that hair and costume. 

Edited by mythoughtis
14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

The village has been dealing with sky people for many years.  When we first saw them, they all spoke English and the children had school in one of the huts.  I’m fairly certain that some of the current villagers ancestors were sky people.  That is why they seem so advanced for 10,000BC.  

They are definitely trying to beat Lost’s record of tying up a show in meaningless complications.  It’s like a maze with so many dead ends there is no way out.  And that’s what ruined Lost.  When we see the wheel that moves the island, or the bomb that was buried, it’s time to call it quits. 

About the village, since Silas was living there with Isaiah maybe he had some influence in its development?   Yeah, there had to have been some integration or something that happened prior that resulted in what we see now.  These people didn’t just develop on their own in 10,000 BC.  I’m sure they won’t explore this though, just the now revealed that Paara has a husband who is part of the Exiles.  

For all the convoluted plot lines Lost had I enjoyed the show.  I have the series on DVD and have been considering a rewatch lately.   This show if it’s trying to mimic Lost is failing miserably given there were lots of people at the time noting the dropped story lines so the writers here could have taken that as something to consider when planning this show.  It’s a mess.  

• Love 1
On 10/31/2022 at 10:43 PM, mythoughtis said:

Lucas is so different in demeanor and personality this season.  He’s almost not the same person. 

I should be more bothered by this, but...given as I ended last season ONLY giving a shit about Scott, I'm fine with any sort of personality change to justify liking a second character. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/1/2022 at 6:21 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Veronica is supposed to be in her teens?  

Googled the actress, she is 26. Steve McQueen was 28 when he played a teen in the original “The Blob”.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2