Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: We Need to Talk About Kathy

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Hiyo said:

I don't think many think she is purely innocent, I think the issues are

1) How much of it (Kathy's meltdown) was embellished by the source (Rinna) since none of it was caught on tape (that we know of, so far)

and

2) How much it seems like The Fatal Five are trying to focus on Kathy to try to divert attention, scorn, and criticism for the shitty actions we have seen from them, especially Rinna, Ericka, and Diana.

Oh, I don't disagree with any of this. But I am seeing a lot of "#teamkathy" and "Kathy was likely just venting about Kyle" and "Kyle treats her sister horribly" and...  Like, I have no trouble believing that #1 and #2 are true to a large extent but also that Kathy can be a shit who doesn't treat Kyle well either, and that her behavior that night went beyond just a little venting. Like, there are no heroes here, and if there were, Kathy Hilton would not be in the running. If anything, it would be a three-way tie between Garcelle, Phoenix, and Kyle's dogs.

• Applause 5
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ladle said:

How many fucking "Roaring 20's" parties can one TV franchise withstand??

If I had to choose, I'd take Roaring 20s parties over shady psychics/mediums/ghost whisperers, etc. But you're right; these parties are tedious.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

If I had to choose, I'd take Roaring 20s parties over shady psychics/mediums/ghost whisperers, etc. But you're right; these parties are tedious.

This isn't even BH's first Roaring 20s party. Taylor had one way back when. LVP and Cedric switched gender roles. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Oh, I don't disagree with any of this. But I am seeing a lot of "#teamkathy" and "Kathy was likely just venting about Kyle" and "Kyle treats her sister horribly" and...  Like, I have no trouble believing that #1 and #2 are true to a large extent but also that Kathy can be a shit who doesn't treat Kyle well either, and that her behavior that night went beyond just a little venting. Like, there are no heroes here, and if there were, Kathy Hilton would not be in the running. If anything, it would be a three-way tie between Garcelle, Phoenix, and Kyle's dogs.

I think it was possible the Kathy did indeed say inappropriate things and exhibited not good behavior at the club.

As others have said, Kathy isn’t the babe in the woods that she presents herself to be.

That being said, the only witness we have to her vile, PTSD inducing behavior is Rinna herself,

No one from the private club confirmed or denied Rinna’s allegations of racial and negative LGBTQ slurs that  Rinna insisted happened. Other cast members did said Kathy was acting inappropriately but never said she said anything that was racist or homophobic.

There were no cameras in the Sprinter van, but there was a driver, and yet nothing was filmed or leaked from that.

The only person that is the only witness to all this is LISA RINNA, who was terrified but could not figure out how to set record on her phone, just set the camera to video and hit record. Not difficult for Rinna who records herself all the time.

So, maybe some of “Kathy “ story is true, but since Rinna is the narrator, 95% of the people wouldn’t trust her word for anything. I would actually trust Erika more than Rinna in this instance - which is the best insult I could ever fire at Rinna.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I think it was possible the Kathy did indeed say inappropriate things and exhibited not good behavior at the club.

As others have said, Kathy isn’t the babe in the woods that she presents herself to be.

That being said, the only witness we have to her vile, PTSD inducing behavior is Rinna herself,

No one from the private club confirmed or denied Rinna’s allegations of racial and negative LGBTQ slurs that  Rinna insisted happened. Other cast members did said Kathy was acting inappropriately but never said she said anything that was racist or homophobic.

There were no cameras in the Sprinter van, but there was a driver, and yet nothing was filmed or leaked from that.

The only person that is the only witness to all this is LISA RINNA, who was terrified but could figure out how to set record on her phone, just set the camera to video and hit record. Not difficult for Rinna who records herself all the time.

So, maybe some of “Kathy “ story is true, but since Rinna is the narrator, 95% of the people wouldn’t trust her word for anything. I would actually trust Erika more than Rinna in this instance - which is the best insult I could ever fire at Rinna.

I actually don't disagree with anything you've written here! 

And, I don't know about racist or homophobic. So far, Rinna hasn't made that claim on the show, so I'm sticking to what we saw in this episode. (If Kathy did say things of that nature while drunk/on meds, it would not shock me. But if Rinna made that part up completely, that also would not shock me.)

• Like 6
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, ladle said:

I actually don't disagree with anything you've written here! 

And, I don't know about racist or homophobic. So far, Rinna hasn't made that claim on the show, so I'm sticking to what we saw in this episode. (If Kathy did say things of that nature while drunk/on meds, it would not shock me. But if Rinna made that part up completely, that also would not shock me.)

Good point as this is an episode thread, so I shouldn’t have posted it here (I lose track of what happened when). Rinna did make those accusations about the incident outside of the episode itself, so you are correct that to this point in the show Rinna didn’t mention homophobic or racial slurs uttered by Kathy.

That, in itself is interesting, since this is not the angle Rinna led with in describing the Club, Sprinter ride and what happened once the two of them were back at Kyle’s house.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
On 9/21/2022 at 5:53 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

So Kathy vented about Kyle and Rinna saw an opportunity to weaponize it and took it .. 

Yep.  Family issues are weird and one is stupid AF to get in the middle of it.  I fully believe Kathy is an asshole in person who I wouldn't like, HOWEVER, I am on her side with this.  They have all marketed their wares relentlessly on this show so why couldn't they throw Kathy a bone?  I am sure whatever she did was nothing compared to Rinna in Amsterdam and Rinna threatening Sutton.  Rinna needs to shut that giant anus looking mouth.  I believe Rinna's reported salary demands are to give her a way out rather than not being asked back.  She can say they wouldn't pay her what she is worth 🙄

• Like 2
  • Fire 3
  • Love 5
On 9/23/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jel said:

Thanks so much for that, @ZettaK

I dove in, and it seems that according to a Radar Online source (ahem) the accusation made against Kathy (by a witness at the club) is that she asked the DJ to play Billie Jean. DJ took umbrage and asked her "where she was from". She replied LA and DJ told her to go back to LA. At which point, Kathy Hilton said, "I have white privilege".

(That alleged exchange... just sounds strange. Strange that a DJ would ask a woman where she was from, angrily, and then tell her to go back there. And two, that someone would announce , "I have white privilege". Isn't the point that one just has it; it's not like a 20% off Bed Bath and Beyond coupon you present to the cashier.  Kathy says kooky things, but that? I don't know. Seems odd)

I did not find any source saying she had used a slur, so I wonder why anyone has been thinking she did. Either we are experiencing the telephone game, internet style, or someone else has gone to some effort to leave us with that impression.

I read at least 10 articles from internet sites, and I posted details from most, but linked only one as reference. The HWs left Aspen on January 30th, and the articles are from the very beginning of February (1st, 2nd, 3rd), and almost nothing (only one) after which seems like there were probably cease and desist letters from attorneys after all. In some articles there is reference to Kathy claiming (her) white priviledge, but there are more details in others (eg. racial and homophobic slurs used by Kathy). Those were allegedly toward an employee who Kathy asked to relay a request to the DJ who was behind a glass divider and couldn't hear her. That employee was rude to Kathy who was at the club many times before in the past (so I'm sure she knew no cameras were allowed, including Bravo's). I understand that Kathy could be annoyed if the employee was rude, but this doesn't excuse such language (if she used such terms). Alcohol consumption doesn't help with remaining calm.

As for Kathy being upset because the tequila was not promoted enough, Bravo showed that it was- in clips since Kathy started filming again late in the season. Nicky, her daughter and her are investors in the tequila company. Rick Hilton is worth anything between $300 and $350 million, and Nicky is married to a Rothschild, so they are not exactly desperate for money. It was reported that Kathy is obsessed with being famous, and having money, and  although she married a Hilton, Rick's grandather and father left almost everything to charity (one main reason was that they didn't like some of the women their sons married, and the behavior of grandchildren like Paris and Nicky), so Rick had to create his own real estate agency which doesn't compare to the former Hilton empire.

Kathy's attitude remained constant, and it is well documented during the decades after she married Rick Hilton. There are Hilton employees (in the managerial level), and others who described it (by allowing to be named, as well, so there are not anonymous sources) in the Jerry Oppenheimer book The House of Hiltons. 

"Kathy Hilton's very selfish and very spoiled and very self-centered", from a sister-in-law.

"Kathy was absolutely pushy, arrogant, condescending, and presumptuous", from a Parsippany, NJ Hilton manager.

The Hiltons didn't want Kathy in the family, and they thought she, and her children tarnished the family name.

There are reports that the couple mistreated employees like housekeepers. One sued for not receiving overtime, and not allowed to take proper lunch/dinner breaks). 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Yep.  Family issues are weird and one is stupid AF to get in the middle of it.  I fully believe Kathy is an asshole in person who I wouldn't like, HOWEVER, I am on her side with this.  They have all marketed their wares relentlessly on this show so why couldn't they throw Kathy a bone?  I am sure whatever she did was nothing compared to Rinna in Amsterdam and Rinna threatening Sutton.  Rinna needs to shut that giant anus looking mouth.  I believe Rinna's reported salary demands are to give her a way out rather than not being asked back.  She can say they wouldn't pay her what she is worth 🙄

Rick Hilton, Kathy's husband is worth anything between $300, and $350 million, and Nicky, their daughter is married to a Rothschild. I don't think they are in such need of money for Kathy to get so upset. Nicky and Kathy are investors in the tequila company. 

As for Rinna, of course she didn't have PTSD. She is overexaggerating for the effect because she cannot forget her soap operas days. 

It seems that the HWs didn't witness the alleged episode with the club employee because Kathy approached the DJ area alone. The report is by a bystander. But most of the HWs mentioned she had a meltdown which was probably an aftermath of the episode, and continued in the van, and house. Rinna discussed what happened in the van, and house. Kathy doesn't deny what happened in the van and house because she already apologized. I think the HWs found out about the alleged club incident from the media.

Kathy stopped filming after that night's incidents, she didn't fly with the women back to LA, and she was absent for the last two events of the season.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Rick Hilton, Kathy's husband is worth anything between $300, and $350 million, and Nicky, their daughter is married to a Rothschild. I don't think they are in such need of money for Kathy to get so upset. Nicky and Kathy are investors in the tequila company. 

It’s not about how much money they are worth (they are all worth more then the average viewer could ever hope to be).. Why invest in something just to have someone try to sabotage it?

Would Rinna be cool with someone going no I don’t wanna try your wine oh did you hear about Vanderpump’s she’s my friend I wanna taste that then proceeded to give it publicity by saying how smooth and great it is while they refused to even taste yours on camera?  Lisa knew what she was doing and did it purposely. So I would say Kathy has a valid reason for being upset 100% 

Kathy showed up to crystals party RIGHT after the “incident” Lisa was upset about that remember (which is funny cause she normally bitches when they do something and DON’T show up to “talk about it’ that was her whole gripe with Denise) She thought/ hoping she would be able to come in say how traumatized she was (PTSD) get the girl’s sympathy while also saying see everything I’m saying MUST be true cause look Kathy is so embarrassed she didn’t even show up to her friend Crystal’s birthday party  (at this point we all see how Lisa operates) but with Kathy showing up it threw a wrench in cause she wouldn’t let Lisa do that without giving her side  (this is why I don’t think Kathy blew up as bad as Lisa is saying she did) not saying she didn’t “vent” in that car but that she was RAGING to the point of giving someone PTSD

Now she is like HOW DARE she show up? The next episode is the last of the season so what did she actually miss? I mean it must not have been that much if they end the season with that episode right? And I’m sorry but I wouldn’t wanna be around people who just accused me of saying such terrible things while my sister sits and co-signed it forgetting that when she fights she says some nasty things herself .

Kathy also is just a friend of she doesn’t and isn’t required to show up to everything that’s not what friends of do. Even so she is more in this then Sheree was ALL season 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 8

If Bravo cameras catch housewife activity, the editors can use it, per housewife contracts. But if Kathy's behavior was not captured by a Bravo camera and therefore outside the purview of her Bravo contract, her attorneys can intervene.  Unfortunately for Kathy, Rinna is trying to smear Kathy regarding an event that was not recorded by Bravo; falsely promote an upcoming episode (Aspen);  and use it to keep her (Rinna's) position on the show.

As others have posted many times, there is often more truly real drama outside of production, and this appears to be one of those cases.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The only person that is the only witness to all this is LISA RINNA, who was terrified but could not figure out how to set record on her phone, just set the camera to video and hit record. Not difficult for Rinna who records herself all the time.

All this. Those of us who seem to be "defending" Kathy aren't doing so because we don't think she actually got angry.

We've seen her upset, and Sutton confirmed that Kathy was upset at the club, but didn't follow that up with "OMG. She said some terrible things!"

The only person's word of what happened is Rinna who has shown herself, over the years, to have a credibility issue. She keeps up the suspense with what was supposedly said and went so far to say Kathy's comments gave her PTSD. This is an obvious embellishment for attention.

No doubt Kathy was pissed during the trip, but I don't think what's been speculated as to what she said is actually what she said. I'm willing to be proven wrong. We have to see what goes down at the reunion. If someone besides Erika and Diana back up what Rinna says, then I'm all ears.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9

So Teddi said on Two T's podcast that there was some kind of slur at the DJ and that lawyers were brought in to shut the talk down so they have to talk around the issues.  No clue if that is true or not but that is what Teddi is saying.

She said she has seen Kathy get upset and not be the Kathy we saw on screen.  So take that for what it is worth.  I am guessing that Rinna is pissed / afraid of Team Hilton is not playing the game and at this point has nothing to lose and that is probably feeding the reactions for her and Erika.

I mean who knows the truth I am sure Kathy was a complete ass no clue if she used a slur or not as Rinna is not exactly someone I would bet the farm on and her CONTINUING erratic behavior all over the place does not give me a warm fuzzy.

I feel like the FFF likes to be judge and jury on what is allowed to be discussed and they ALL have dirt on each other and it seems like Dorito is afraid that her dirt will be told by Rinna and Erika so she is trying to keep them all happy.

I will say Teddi said Kathy showed up with an entire TEAM vs by herself and on one hand I get it - one slur can get you cancelled so I guess she is fighting fire...I just loathe Rinna and Erika so I am okay with it

OH and she also said she was told they are editing DIana out partly because she did not resonate and partly because she is suing on the BOT-gate.  I did my duty by listening my ears are still bleeding a bit.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I read at least 10 articles from internet sites, and I posted details from most, but linked only one as reference. The HWs left Aspen on January 30th, and the articles are from the very beginning of February (1st, 2nd, 3rd), and almost nothing (only one) after which seems like there were probably cease and desist letters from attorneys after all. In some articles there is reference to Kathy claiming (her) white priviledge, but there are more details in others (eg. racial and homophobic slurs used by Kathy). Those were allegedly toward an employee who Kathy asked to relay a request to the DJ who was behind a glass divider and couldn't hear her. That employee was rude to Kathy who was at the club many times before in the past (so I'm sure she knew no cameras were allowed, including Bravo's). I understand that Kathy could be annoyed if the employee was rude, but this doesn't excuse such language (if she used such terms). Alcohol consumption doesn't help with remaining calm.

As for Kathy being upset because the tequila was not promoted enough, Bravo showed that it was- in clips since Kathy started filming again late in the season. Nicky, her daughter and her are investors in the tequila company. Rick Hilton is worth anything between $300 and $350 million, and Nicky is married to a Rothschild, so they are not exactly desperate for money. It was reported that Kathy is obsessed with being famous, and having money, and  although she married a Hilton, Rick's grandather and father left almost everything to charity (one main reason was that they didn't like some of the women their sons married, and the behavior of grandchildren like Paris and Nicky), so Rick had to create his own real estate agency which doesn't compare to the former Hilton empire.

Kathy's attitude remained constant, and it is well documented during the decades after she married Rick Hilton. There are Hilton employees (in the managerial level), and others who described it (by allowing to be named, as well, so there are not anonymous sources) in the Jerry Oppenheimer book The House of Hiltons. 

"Kathy Hilton's very selfish and very spoiled and very self-centered", from a sister-in-law.

"Kathy was absolutely pushy, arrogant, condescending, and presumptuous", from a Parsippany, NJ Hilton manager.

The Hiltons didn't want Kathy in the family, and they thought she, and her children tarnished the family name.

There are reports that the couple mistreated employees like housekeepers. One sued for not receiving overtime, and not allowed to take proper lunch/dinner breaks). 

I went back in!  Thank you for the tip to look in February 2022, ZettaK, that's where I went and found a little more.

Is this (screenshot of a text message, first link below) the original source for both the racist and homophobic slur accusations? 

I'm wondering why no one ever says "I work at the club/my best friend is an employee at the club and told me/a club member said: this is what I saw..." nothing like that, it's just repeated, over and over with no source mentioned. I really wanted to hear from a witness, but no luck, just lots of "here's what happened".  The closest I can find is Radar Online Re: "White privilege" quoting "a source". And by "a source" do you mean, Lisa, Got-A-Buck? Rinna? No sources for the slurs (beyond Rinna and Erika, contrasted with Sutton's denial a homophobic slur was said about her assistant).

Did you witness this yourself?

Do you know someone who did?

Can you at least say you know someone who knows someone who did? 

As far as I can tell, the answers to these questions are no.  So when someone says, "here's what happened", in order to take it seriously, I need to know in what way they are in a position to know this.

Anyway, here it is:

https://www.allabouttrh.com/2022/05/24/lisa-rinna-calls-kathy-hilton-a-homophobic-racist-in-leaked-messages-as-more-tea-about-kathys-alleged-aspen-meltdown-emerges-along-with-old-video-of-kathys-children-using-slurs/

Sutton denies Kathy used slur against her employee:

https://pagesix.com/2022/05/09/sutton-stracke-why-i-squashed-kathy-hilton-gay-slur-rumors/

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Slakkie said:

So Teddi said on Two T's podcast that there was some kind of slur at the DJ and that lawyers were brought in to shut the talk down so they have to talk around the issues.  No clue if that is true or not but that is what Teddi is saying.

She said she has seen Kathy get upset and not be the Kathy we saw on screen.  So take that for what it is worth.  I am guessing that Rinna is pissed / afraid of Team Hilton is not playing the game and at this point has nothing to lose and that is probably feeding the reactions for her and Erika.

I mean who knows the truth I am sure Kathy was a complete ass no clue if she used a slur or not as Rinna is not exactly someone I would bet the farm on and her CONTINUING erratic behavior all over the place does not give me a warm fuzzy.

I feel like the FFF likes to be judge and jury on what is allowed to be discussed and they ALL have dirt on each other and it seems like Dorito is afraid that her dirt will be told by Rinna and Erika so she is trying to keep them all happy.

I will say Teddi said Kathy showed up with an entire TEAM vs by herself and on one hand I get it - one slur can get you cancelled so I guess she is fighting fire...I just loathe Rinna and Erika so I am okay with it

OH and she also said she was told they are editing DIana out partly because she did not resonate and partly because she is suing on the BOT-gate.  I did my duty by listening my ears are still bleeding a bit.

We also know Rinna is willing to do a little dirty work. She said as much when she accused LVP of telling her to bring up Munchausen's syndrome, but she was the one who said it. I can also believe that Kathy went nuts and lost it, I mean many of them do at some point (Kyle, Erika, Rinna, Brandi). It's the slurs that I am side eyeing because that's not an angry outburst at another HW, that's just pure hateful ugliness towards someone she doesn't even know.

I think Teddi is so ride or die for Kyle that she's say anything, so I personally don't have much trust in her version. I could be wrong, but that's how I feel. The whole Blizzard thing during puppygate etc.

One other thing that occurred to me today after reading Brain M's Vulture recap. He thinks Dorit and Erika were talking about Kathy. And the threat to Kyle is that she will expose Kyle's sister., like that would be some big terrible thing for Kyle.

So why did Kyle post a pic of her and Rinna laughing, captioned, "You better believe we're going to mention it all" (something like that anyway). I didn't take from that Kyle was worried about seeing Kathy shown in a bad light.

Something about it feels very manufactured.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jel said:

I think Teddi is so ride or die for Kyle that she's say anything, so I personally don't have much trust in her version. I could be wrong, but that's how I feel. The whole Blizzard thing during puppygate etc.

One other thing that occurred to me today after reading Brain M's Vulture recap. He thinks Dorit and Erika were talking about Kathy. And the threat to Kyle is that she will expose Kyle's sister., like that would be some big terrible thing for Kyle.

So why did Kyle post a pic of her and Rinna laughing, captioned, "You better believe we're going to mention it all" (something like that anyway). I didn't take from that Kyle was worried about seeing Kathy shown in a bad light.

Something about it feels very manufactured.

Teddi IS Kyle ride or die and she was sort of gunning for Dorit-O.  I agree and as I said my ears were bleeding because she is Kyle tunnel visioned.  I think her opinion is this is hurting Kyle she does not care at all about Kathy only how it makes Kyle feel.

• Applause 3
  • Useful 2
19 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Good point as this is an episode thread, so I shouldn’t have posted it here (I lose track of what happened when). Rinna did make those accusations about the incident outside of the episode itself, so you are correct that to this point in the show Rinna didn’t mention homophobic or racial slurs uttered by Kathy.

That, in itself is interesting, since this is not the angle Rinna led with in describing the Cluv, Sprinter ride and what happened once the two of them were back at Kyle’s house.

I mean, there are so many possibilities here, right? One is that Rinna was "too traumatized" at the time to mention the slurs. (Bwaaahahahaha! Sorry, just had to get that one out of my system.) Another is that Rinna did mention the slurs at the time, but Bravo edited it out to create a "big reveal" later. Another possibility is that Rinna wasn't getting a big enough response to "Kathy said mean things about Kyle" so she made up the slurs to stir the pot. Another is that Rinna only read about the slurs afterward in the media and then started talking about it, and perhaps (?) pretending that she had heard them too.  

As for the slurs themselves, it's possible Kathy said something racially offensive. It's possible she said something weird about race (Like "I have white privilege" in an odd context) that could go either way. It's possible she said nothing at all and Rinna is a lying, anus-mouthed piranha. 

It's all a rich tapestry of possibility. I'm just saying, I wouldn't be surprised if any of these things were true -- except for Lisa Rinna legitimately having PTSD from this incident. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

Is it possible that Kathy didn't actually say "I have white privilege", which is weird, but that what she said came off as white privilege and that's what was meant?

Definitely plausible since she says things even on the show that come across as white privilege! 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

Is it possible that Kathy didn't actually say "I have white privilege", which is weird, but that what she said came off as white privilege and that's what was meant?

I thought that at first too, but in reading it seems that the Radar Online "source", aka, Lisa Rinna ;) said that Kathy did use the words white privilege. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think most people with white privilege are even aware that the phrase exists. So yeah, I am denouncing Rinna the source.

None of it makes any sense, except for Rinna calling it in to the Radar Online "we pay for tips" line. She's a hustler, dontcha know.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Hiyo said:

It still sounds fishy.

Same. I find it interesting that there were no cameras/smartphones/whatever in operation when Kathy supposedly had a PTSD-level racist/homophobic/etc. meltdown.

I guess we all have to wait to see what's said at the reunion. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Applause 1
  • Love 1

Just had to mention I'm reading a book about the genetics involved in Machiavellian personalities and psychopaths. The author's talking about historical tyrants like Genghis Khan and their borderline disturbed offspring and then eventually gets to the example of...Big Kathy and Little Kathy and Paris!

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Just had to mention I'm reading a book about the genetic involved in Machiavellian personalities and psychopaths. The author's talking about historical tyrants like Genghis Khan and their borderline disturbed offspring and then eventually gets to the example of...Big Kathy and Little Kathy and Paris!

I'd love to know the title. Sounds fascinating!

(Sorry if this is OT, but you did mention the Kathys and Paris. 😂)

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Just had to mention I'm reading a book about the genetic involved in Machiavellian personalities and psychopaths. The author's talking about historical tyrants like Genghis Khan and their borderline disturbed offspring and then eventually gets to the example of...Big Kathy and Little Kathy and Paris!

I believe Kyle is pernicious! 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 5
19 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I'd love to know the title. Sounds fascinating!

(Sorry if this is OT, but you did mention the Kathys and Paris. 😂)

19 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I believe Kyle is pernicious! 

I almost wonder if Kyle is just not as good at it as her sister! 

The book is: 

Evil genes : why Rome fell, Hitler rose, Enron failed, and my sister stole my mother's boyfriend by Barbara Oakley.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I don't think most people with Kathy's level of white privilege are even aware that the phrase exists. So yeah, I am denouncing Rinna the source.

1000%!!  First of all, people in Kathy's stratosphere probably don't really know the exact meaning of white privilege, secondly, if they have a clue as to what it means, they seriously don't think that the phrase would ever apply to them, and third, would never use that term because of my first and second reasons.  I can't imagine anyone invoking "white privilege" anywhere - it just sounds ridiculous for anyone to even say that - even someone who says stupid comments like "the toe that broke the camel's back" or "who is hunky dory?".

Pure speculation on my part - If anything, Kathy may have been overheard to say "Do you have any idea who I am?" or something to that effect, and IF that was said to an employee who is a person of color, it would have been totally misconstrued as white privilege, rather than just an obnoxious comment from someone who thinks she is super important and is used to getting what she wants based on her family name and reputation.  Based on what is written in "House of Hilton" about Kathy, it would seem that she and Rick are very used to getting what they want by dropping their name everywhere.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I think Kyle may have been nursing some grudges against Kathy. We saw the little picks, tequila bar, that she was annoyed that Kathy wandered off, and it appears Kyle refused to leave the club when Kathy wanted to go home. And of course, she would be very upset over what ever Kathy said or threatened about Kyle back at the house where Mo must have been passed out.  The next day we see Kyle and Rena talking about the incident and Kyle seemed a little arch, but not truly upset. However, in the previews for the next episode, we see Kyle and Kathy with Rinna and Kyle is crying and whining. It seems to me that Kyle decided to promote this whole issue with Rinna’s help. Without Kyle’s support, Rinna was not going to pursue it vigorously on her own as we saw at the birthday party.

If Kyle wanted to keep it quiet and off camera, she would have. We saw this with the whole magazine issue and Vander pump discussing that the tabs were intimating that Mauricio was seen with a younger woman.  Kyle discussed this on camera with Brandy and all the other members of the cast. Again, if she didn’t want it on camera she would have kept quiet. So she was actively promoting it as a storyline. I think her fingerprints are all over this Kathy storyline as well.

• Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m sorry, I don’t have any articles handy, but I read them through this site weeks ago, so they’re here somewhere. But I don’t think that Kathy was “invoking white privilege” as in you need to do what I say because I have white privilege. I think that was her response/insult to the DJ for refusing to play Billie Jean. It was more like you, DJ, are using your white privilege to deny my request to play a Black artist, my good friend Michael Jackson. Implying the DJ was racist for not playing Michael Jackson—despite that the majority of club music features Black artists. I don’t think the article explicitly said the DJ was white, but that was my reading of the event. Though, I could have misunderstood.

But she did also supposedly use a gay slur that evening, so even if the white privilege thing has a reasonable explanation, she lost me with that one. 

There was also an unforgivable N-word accusation, but it seems hazy whether it was that night or another time toward Sutton’s assistant. But Sutton said that didn’t happen. So if it also happened in the club, I’m not sure about that. 

ETA: Okay, I think I pulled a Rinna and added my own details here! I googled and the initial reports from Feb 2-3, start with a Radar article, which other sources then quote as “you’re looking at ‘white privilege.’” So I guess that really can be spun either way: I’m the face of white privilege or you’re coming from your perspective of white privilege. These initial articles don’t mention the other slurs, so that came in later.

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I almost wonder if Kyle is just not as good at it as her sister! 

The book is: 

Evil genes : why Rome fell, Hitler rose, Enron failed, and my sister stole my mother's boyfriend by Barbara Oakley.

Thank you! 😘

• Like 1
On 9/25/2022 at 2:00 AM, ZettaK said:

From Andy Cohen's verified Twitter account. I checked it, and took a screenshot.

Screenshot_20220925-015848_Twitter.jpg

After chewing on this for a few days, I guess my issue is with the fact that there were no cameras outside the club, or inside the sprinter, to document anything that maybe would have supported Rinna’s story. Seems to me, such footage is pretty standard in Howivesland. While Kathy may not be an angel, that’s irrelevant as to what actually happened here — I’m still not taking Rinna’s tweets as Gospel. The ominous black screen “TWO HOURS LATER” indicating bad stuff did absolutely nothing but create more confusion. Honestly, I was expecting some kind of filmed drama in the van.

The immediate fallout from bad incidents that occurred off camera have been shown on other franchises. Was this a “Bravo, Bravo, fucking Bravo” moment? If so, that’s fine. Also if so, Andy needs to be more honest about it.

• Applause 2
9 hours ago, Pattycake2 said:

I think Kyle may have been nursing some grudges against Kathy. We saw the little picks, tequila bar, that she was annoyed that Kathy wandered off, and it appears Kyle refused to leave the club when Kathy wanted to go home. And of course, she would be very upset over what ever Kathy said or threatened about Kyle back at the house where Mo must have been passed out.  The next day we see Kyle and Rena talking about the incident and Kyle seemed a little arch, but not truly upset. However, in the previews for the next episode, we see Kyle and Kathy with Rinna and Kyle is crying and whining. It seems to me that Kyle decided to promote this whole issue with Rinna’s help. Without Kyle’s support, Rinna was not going to pursue it vigorously on her own as we saw at the birthday party.

If Kyle wanted to keep it quiet and off camera, she would have. We saw this with the whole magazine issue and Vander pump discussing that the tabs were intimating that Mauricio was seen with a younger woman.  Kyle discussed this on camera with Brandy and all the other members of the cast. Again, if she didn’t want it on camera she would have kept quiet. So she was actively promoting it as a storyline. I think her fingerprints are all over this Kathy storyline as well.

If roles were reversed, Kyle would have thrown a HUGE tantrum about Kathy not supporting her; she'd have been a scratchy-voiced sobbing mess.

Kathy, Kim and Kyle have very dysfunctional relationships with each other. IMO, they each play their own roles, taking turns at instigating, playing the victim, and sympathizing. It's how they roll. I honestly don't think any of them is any worse than the others, I think they are equally horrible people, just each in their own ways.

• Applause 6
  • Love 6
On 9/24/2022 at 8:54 PM, ZettaK said:

As for Rinna, of course she didn't have PTSD. She is overexaggerating for the effect because she cannot forget her soap operas days. 

It seems that the HWs didn't witness the alleged episode with the club employee because Kathy approached the DJ area alone. The report is by a bystander. But most of the HWs mentioned she had a meltdown which was probably an aftermath of the episode, and continued in the van, and house. Rinna discussed what happened in the van, and house. Kathy doesn't deny what happened in the van and house because she already apologized. I think the HWs found out about the alleged club incident from the media.

Kathy stopped filming after that night's incidents, she didn't fly with the women back to LA, and she was absent for the last two events of the season.

Oh sure Kathy doesn't need the money.  It is a respect thing.  If we can all sit through Kyle's stores, Rinna's wine/lip kit/dusters, Toothless not homeless, Erika's plastic hair, we can hear about her tequila business.  I would rather hear about none of their businesses but here we are.  I am sure there was a blowup.  But was it worse than ANY of Rinna's?  Doubtful.

• Like 2
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, Slakkie said:

Kathy's son's learned their entitled shitty, racist behavior somewhere.  My guess is at home.  HOWEVER, Rinna needs to shut up.  Her threats and tantrum's have been caught on camera and they are bad.  It is also shitty to get between sisters and their issues.  Kathy's supposed tantrum was not on air so shouldn't be open for discussion unless ALL of their off camera conversations are open to the viewers.  And finally, Teddi can go fuck herself.  She is a thirsty lame ass ex housewife.  It almost feels dirty to side with Hilton who I have great differences with on many issues.  

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
On 9/22/2022 at 5:10 AM, 65mickey said:

If this is true why doesn't she tell Rinna to stop it. This is between Kyle and Kathy. Kyle needs to tell Rinna to move along and stay out of her family's issues. But she won't. She let Rinna trash Kim and she did nothing to stop it. 

At the beginning of RHBH she threw around Paris and Kathy's names every chance she got. Now she figures she doesn't need them anymore  because she so important so she'll stick with the coven and leave her sister leave out to dry. 

YES!  I have 2 sisters and if anyone says shit about them in front of me it is ON!  

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 9/22/2022 at 6:09 AM, RoseAllDay said:

This is all anyone needs to know.

Rinna is doing her “I’ve got a secret” crap for a reason, and it’s no coincidence that immediately after she left Erika and Diana went into a huddle to baselessly speculate about it, using Rinna’s “info” as the Gospel.

I cosign with everyone who says Kathy’s mistake was being with Rinna in the first place. Mother Teresa could be with Rinna and Rinna would spread shit about her. Rinna has proven herself to be an exaggerator (Yolanda’s Munchausen’s) and liar (Kim being “near death”). This kind of stuff can do real damage to reputations, and the people she slanders fight back at their own risk.

Rinna needs to GO. Nobody wants to watch this shit.

She also claimed Harry needed an apology from Garcelle re the sauce and it turns out Harry didn't care.  Lisa lied.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2022 at 8:12 AM, Hiyo said:

Besides, Lisa's excuse would be she was texting away while hiding under a bed, her phone on silent, trying not to breath too loudly to be heard by Kathy in her rage tantrum, lest Kathy chuck Lisa out of a window or something...

While she was hiding under the bed, she saw Michael Myers shoes...

Anyone that can shatter a glass and raise it to someone's throat would have no trouble taking Hilton down physically.  I mean we have seen her dance.  

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

If no one is willing to provide evidence or real sources, I have no official reason to just blindly trust their word, no matter how many times they say the same thing over and over.

Same thing is happening with one of the bands I follow—rumors going NUTS and the sources just say “trust us.” Why? They won’t share where they got the info; and if it is true, why should I trust someone that was willing to leak information that was likely intended to be private?

And so it goes with Rinna, etc. Kathy may be scuzzy but I don’t have to take Rinna’s overdramatic, loudmouthed word for it just because she’s crying wolf claiming PTSD and saying she knows what really happened. 

Edited by ivygirl
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3
On 9/22/2022 at 8:51 AM, 65mickey said:

Where was Mo during all of this? Did he go to the club with them. Is he staying the in Aspen house? Has he chimed in on the Kathy is the devil talk?  I'm sort of half watching this and admittedly I am missing some stuff. 

Smoking a doob hoping no one bothers him

• LOL 10
On 9/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, Hiyo said:

Just from my own anecdotal experience, but  a DJ would never flash attitude like that to a customer at a bar/nightclub. Especially not in a ritzy place like Aspen. At most they’d just politely say they don’t have a copy of the song with them or even just say something like “Sorry I don’t do requests” in a nice way. So yeah, that story seems a bit strange.

The DJ would download it if they didn't have it and my guess is this place does cater to their clients.  I also can't believe the supposed version of the conversation/accusations.  Working in a club like atmosphere myself, no one would have been able to suss out that conversation with how loud music is played.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

The other issue is, this is a private club in Aspen where most patrons of the club could also be  future employers. So it wouldn't make sense for the DJ to be initially rude to Kathy.

• Like 3
  • Love 4
On 9/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, Kdawg82 said:

YES! I was just coming to mention this!!! Seriously! Kyle is a "real housewife." I personally never heard of her until this show (which I haven't always watched). Until his passing, my father-in-law thought it was Demi Moore on the show. I was like "wait...what?! Demi Moore is a RH?!" LoL

Ritalin Rinna going around the house the morning after the ALEGED "Kathy breakdown" packing & saying how she's "still in shock" was beyond the pale.  

Last name Hilton:  You know the name from the hotels and Paris plus Kathy has been in the media over the years

Last name Umansky: You wouldn't necessarily know who the eff this was unless you follow LA real estate or watch this show.

I'm going to guess Kathy is more famous or infamous than Kyle.  Plus, Kyle's face has changed to much over the last 12 years it would be forgivable if you didn't recognize her.

Petty Betty remark: Kyle looks like shit in that football commercial with Kenya and Teresa.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Last name Hilton:  You know the name from the hotels and Paris plus Kathy has been in the media over the years

Last name Umansky: You wouldn't necessarily know who the eff this was unless you follow LA real estate or watch this show.

I'm going to guess Kathy is more famous or infamous than Kyle.  Plus, Kyle's face has changed to much over the last 12 years it would be forgivable if you didn't recognize her.

Exactly. Kathy may not be as big with Bravo, but the Hilton name is iconic. People who watch zero reality TV know her daughters very well too. 

These ladies confuse Bravolebrity and having lots of passionate fans on social media for overall fame. Lisa Vanderpump for example refers to herself as a "household name." She is a very successful woman and has lots of Twitter fans, but the average person has zero clue who she is. A household name to me is more Beyonce, Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford, Kim K, LeBron James, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, etc. People you know whether you listen to their music, watch their films, keep up with sports or not. The name Hilton registers whether you've stayed at one of their hotels or not. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5