Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: We Need to Talk About Kathy

• Start Topic

I believe that Kathy had a huge-ass tantrum and that Rinna is exaggerating some details. I also think there are a couple of reasons why Rinna slipped out stage-right instead of her usual “Own it!” confrontations. Foremost, Kyle was not there. There’s no way that Rinna would get all in Kathy’s business without Kyle there for both approval and back-up—and also some accolades for defending her friend. We also saw all the ladies discuss it on the plane. Although I don’t think Kyle said anything outright, I sort of got the impression that she would handle this as a “family matter” and didn’t want anyone else making a big deal about it. So, I can see why the anxiousness of having to keep her literal and figurative fat mouth shut for an entire evening felt like PTSD, in that she was having anxiety attacks of not acting in her usual manner. She also seems scared of Kathy in a deferential way, like Kathy has the means to ruin her in Beverly Hills Society or something. But, mainly, I think it’s because Kyle wasn’t there, and as soon as she gets back from filming Halloween 68 or whatever she’s up to, Rinna will be back in top form of confronting Kathy to Own It—just in time for the big finale episode. It also makes sense why there’s no film of the tirade, as the crew had wrapped for the night. Since it was a vacation home, they wouldn’t have built-in cameras like they sometimes have in homes on reality shows. (I’m not sure whether this show has that even, but you see that on some other shows with the camera up in the corner of the room.)  Anyway, despite Lisa being a liar, I do think Kathy freaked the fuck out. I also have no doubt that Kyle and perhaps others mocked Kathy to no end for even suggesting they do a conga line—a CONGA LINE—in the Caribou Club in the year 2022, as opposed to a wedding in Miami in 1987. So she wasn’t mad that they wouldn’t Conga but that after being made fun of all week, it was the “toe that broke the camel’s back.” (Ooh, just dawned on me that she conflated that expression with “camel toe.”)

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
13 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Rinna's a lot of things, but she ain't stupid.

She knew she'd get a rise out of Kathy when, on camera, she made a point to order her Kardashian friend's daughter's tequila instead of Kathy's daughter's tequila.

Kathy may have unloaded some of her life's unhappiness on Rinna, thinking that since they were alone, off camera, with Rinna listening, that Rinna was being her friend.

Who amongst us hasn't unleashed anger and frustration about our own family members to good friends?  Heck, I had a 2-hour conversation just last week with a friend who called me to unload.  Happens.

I would never, in a million years, go to that friend's family and tell her what they said.

On camera, no less.

Rinna, I hope this is your last season.

Neither Garcelle nor Dorit on WWHL thought Rinna was stirring up trouble by doing that, which really surprised me.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Ummm-kind of like what she said to Brandi when Brandi was trying to get in the middle of Kyle and Kim?  The big difference is that Brandi was Kim's "friend", defending Kim and bashing Kyle.  This time, Rinna is in Kyle's corner and defending her, so I guess that is okay.

To be fair Brandi didn't go on a whole campaign against Kyle. She had her issues with Kyle and of course there was no love lost but in the moments where Brandi was being there for Kim it was usually in the moment and in real time. It was usually during an actual disagreement Kim was having with Kyle that Brandi was right there to see. And I remember on at least two separate occasions where Brandi's involvement was mainly her trying to remove Kim from an escalating situation. Brandi ended up getting slack for that. Look I am totally against outside factors interfering with my family issues however Brandi spoke up here and there in defense of Kim and shared what her observations about Kyle's treatment of her during an ongoing interaction the sisters where having in front of her/them. 

Rinna isn't speaking up for Kyle during some group discussion bad mouthing Kyle or during a disagreement Kyle and Kathy are having in her presence. No, Rinna is creating this whole narrative surrounding who Kathy is, as a person, as a sister, as a friend using information that may or may not be true and she's created this whole scandalous backdrop of evil, deception and chaos with absolutely no provocation.  Witnessing someone have a terrible tantrum and ragefest means what to the world exactly? Kathy cursed out Kyle in her rant. And? Stop the presses!! Give me a break!

I'm reminded of Lisa's limo ride with Kim where she claims to have witnessed Kim fall off the wagon and she was so traumatized by Kims erratic and disturbing behavior. Rinna turned that one limo ride into a way to go after Kim because of how distraught and frazzled she came across during her retelling of that experience to Eileen. Somehow, Rinnas confusion about why Kim was behaving weirdly was somehow turned into Kim mistreating Rinna and so it was allowed to come out in conversation as "holding Kim accountable" for what she did. Like huh? Okay even if she was high. How does that turn into her having to atone for it with Rinna and the group? Sound familiar? Now she's trying to pull the same bullshit on Kathy.

Man, Rinna's a lying Rinna who Rinna's!!! 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I believe that Kathy had a huge-ass tantrum and that Rinna is exaggerating some details. I also think there are a couple of reasons why Rinna slipped out stage-right instead of her usual “Own it!” confrontations. Foremost, Kyle was not there. There’s no way that Rinna would get all in Kathy’s business without Kyle there for both approval and back-up—and also some accolades for defending her friend. We also saw all the ladies discuss it on the plane. Although I don’t think Kyle said anything outright, I sort of got the impression that she would handle this as a “family matter” and didn’t want anyone else making a big deal about it. So, I can see why the anxiousness of having to keep her literal and figurative fat mouth shut for an entire evening felt like PTSD, in that she was having anxiety attacks of not acting in her usual manner. She also seems scared of Kathy in a deferential way, like Kathy has the means to ruin her in Beverly Hills Society or something. But, mainly, I think it’s because Kyle wasn’t there, and as soon as she gets back from filming Halloween 68 or whatever she’s up to, Rinna will be back in top form of confronting Kathy to Own It—just in time for the big finale episode. It also makes sense why there’s no film of the tirade, as the crew had wrapped for the night. Since it was a vacation home, they wouldn’t have built-in cameras like they sometimes have in homes on reality shows. (I’m not sure whether this show has that even, but you see that on some other shows with the camera up in the corner of the room.)  Anyway, despite Lisa being a liar, I do think Kathy freaked the fuck out. I also have no doubt that Kyle and perhaps others mocked Kathy to no end for even suggesting they do a conga line—a CONGA LINE—in the Caribou Club in the year 2022, as opposed to a wedding in Miami in 1987. So she wasn’t mad that they wouldn’t Conga but that after being made fun of all week, it was the “toe that broke the camel’s back.” (Ooh, just dawned on me that she conflated that expression with “camel toe.”)

I can believe Kathy had a meltdown of some kind and said some things about her sister that she regrets. She has said as much and has said she apologized (and apologized).

I don't believe Rinna was that freaked out at all -- I think she was sitting there getting as much dirt as she could. And Kathy probably thought she was just venting to a friend. 

Another poster questioned why would Rinna be texting Erika and not Kyle, and that's a great question. It kind of throws any water on the "Oh zoinks, poor put upon Kyle doesn't want any trouble with family" theory. That's half true -- Kyle just doesn't want to be seen as the person doing it, but she makes sure it gets done anyway, imo. Kyle is the most masterful manipulator this show has ever seen. She's the Bobby Fischer and always has been.

But, what I don't believe is that a Kathy Hilton "freak out" is anywhere near a Lisa Rinna freak out. And that's why Kathy has been posting what she's been posting. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

Seems to me rather obvious that Bravo is"punishing" Kathy for dragging out her salary negotiations by publicizing diva behavior that previously may not have had camera time.

As to the awfulness or non-awfulness of the behavior itself:  Yeah, maybe Kathy is prone to lashing out when she's upset.  Many people are; among the Ho'wives themselves, certainly, Erika is.

Lashing out is unpleasant, infantile behavior, to be sure.  The Richards sisters in general—oh, wait!  "Richards" was not Kathy's original last name.  Whatevs!  I can't remember Kathy's original last name—are very infantile in their general reactions.  But I don't think it's necessarily an expression of authentic feeling.  Rather, it's an expression of intense emotion in a single, encapsulated moment.

Was it Dorit who said, Kyle is wayyyyyy more famous than Kathy?  Like the Ho'wives carry around instant fame-o-meters or something?  Pul-eeeze!  I've never booked a room at the Kyle Richards Hotel. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Rinna's a lot of things, but she ain't stupid.

She knew she'd get a rise out of Kathy when, on camera, she made a point to order her Kardashian friend's daughter's tequila instead of Kathy's daughter's tequila.

Kathy may have unloaded some of her life's unhappiness on Rinna, thinking that since they were alone, off camera, with Rinna listening, that Rinna was being her friend.

Who amongst us hasn't unleashed anger and frustration about our own family members to good friends?  Heck, I had a 2-hour conversation just last week with a friend who called me to unload.  Happens.

I would never, in a million years, go to that friend's family and tell her what they said.

On camera, no less.

Rinna, I hope this is your last season.

ALL. OF. THIS.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
18 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

Last words heard from some of the HWs:

Dorit: Oooh, that is a chic looking knife!

Kyle: Haha, very funny, look everyone, my silly sister and one of her silly pranks, hahaha!

Diana: You mean you carry knife yourself, and not have personal assistant do it for you? Pfft.

Ericka: I don't care about your bleeping knife, I only care about my bleeping self.

Lisa: You know my friend Kris Jenner also carries a knife in her purse, except it's a Gentak Makara knife. A GENTAK MAKARA knife, not some random Ginsu.

This is a work of art. 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Jel said:

I can believe Kathy had a meltdown of some kind and said some things about her sister that she regrets. She has said as much and has said she apologized (and apologized).

I don't believe Rinna was that freaked out at all -- I think she was sitting there getting as much dirt as she could. And Kathy probably thought she was just venting to a friend. 

Another poster questioned why would Rinna be texting Erika and not Kyle, and that's a great question. It kind of throws any water on the "Oh zoinks, poor put upon Kyle doesn't want any trouble with family" theory. That's half true -- Kyle just doesn't want to be seen as the person doing it, but she makes sure it gets done anyway, imo. Kyle is the most masterful manipulator this show has ever seen. She's the Bobby Fischer and always has been.

But, what I don't believe is that a Kathy Hilton "freak out" is anywhere near a Lisa Rinna freak out. And that's why Kathy has been posting what she's been posting. 

DING, DING, DING, DING!!!!!!

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, mytmo said:

Will we ever find out what happened?

No, because that wouldn’t be DRAMA. I think everyone here has put together what probably happened anyway.

50 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Frustration + anger + insufferable bitches + copious amounts of alcohol = Kathy’s meltdown.

That’s it. Pay no attention to Lyin’ Lisa.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Little Kim was supporting her family while Big Kathy groomed all three how to snag a rich guy. Little Kathy was expected to marry big time and she did.  Kim did too, but the drugs and drinking took their toll.

I see this misconception all the time about Kim supporting the family. Not only did their father earn money but Kyle very much paid her own way through childhood. From the age of five until she was a senior in high school, Kyle's resume is packed. She worked just as hard as Kim. The main difference was that Kim was a genuine child star while Kyle was a working child actress. I always thought it was weird that Kim claimed that she never learned how to properly apply makeup because she'd always had someone to do it for her on set. Kyle was in the same boat but she learned. Kyle had a regular main cast tv gig almost all of high school but Kim makes it seem like she was the only one who didn't have a regular life. None of the sisters had a normal upbringing. Kyle just made more of her opportunities than Kim did. (And Kim has had some amazing opportunities in her life.) They're both incredibly damaged. Kathy is too, I suspect. 

I agree with your takes on the family as a whole though and how messed up the dynamic is. Big Kathy definitely wanted the girls to marry rich and Kathy paved the way by landing Rick. 

Regarding Kathy's anger towards Kyle, I think it's likely that she did say something to Rinna because until Aspen Kathy didn’t realize what an evil snake Rinna is and thought she could trust her. Kathy probably also thought she was safe in venting because she wasn't being filmed. Rinna is the last person anyone should confide in and it's been proven again and again. 

I don't think Kathy has forgiven Mauricio or Kyle for Mauricio leaving Hilton and Hyland. Rick isn't over it and it's obvious that Kathy isn't over it. They see themselves as responsible for Mauricio's success and see themselves as the wounded party because they think Mauricio shouldn't have started a rival company; a company that seems to have stolen their thunder.

On top of that, Kyle is more or less HBIC on this show and Kathy needs Kyle's support to do things like promote her tequila brand and get the other ladies to go along. The fact that Kyle is being a bad sister by never missing a chance to mock Kathy and letting her overall twist in the wind this season wasn't what she was expecting and she's (rightfully) pissed. 

It'll be interesting to see if Kathy comes back next season. I would love it if Kathy teamed up with LVP, Sutton and Garcelle to take down Rinna (and Erika) once and for all. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8

I'm not a housewife. I'm not a mother. I have no real reason to try to get on this show, but it would be great if I could. Just to f*ck with Rinna.

My TH: "Oh my god. You won't believe what Lisa said to me. I'm so deeply traumatized. I've never heard anything so terrible. Wow. Even the camera crew suffered such massive PTSD from that moment, they forgot to film the scene. It was really that bad."

5 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

I see this misconception all the time about Kim supporting the family. Not only did their father earn money but Kyle very much paid her own way through childhood. 

Thank you for mentioning this fact. Even Kyle mentioned that their father supported the family. And after their parents divorced, I believe their father moved into a house two doors down to remain close to them.

Edited by Surrealist
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Lassus said:

I want to be fair here, I don't think this is an inherently simple thing to do at all.

But why not? If Kathy was screaming loud enough for Rinna to hear it, it could have been captured by the phone from inside Rinna's room. 

And yes, why did Crystal have a murder cake? Did she also have a mystery party that we didn't see or something else that would be more fun that the "stand around in the windowless basement in fancy clothing" party?

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I think Kyle may have asked the other women not to talk about it. I say this because during the conversation at the chic therapeutic luxury chocolate shop Erika got angry because Kyle was allowed to talk about her behavior (to Dorit), but they're not supposed to talk someone who should not be named (I was led to believe, Kathy).

ONE good thing that came from this episode is that I can see the words of those dingbats in that scene providing laughs for a long time.  

Thanks, SweetieDarling - you’re always quick to turn a frown upside down! 😂

• Applause 2
  • Love 4

My gut feel is that Lil Kathy is not to be crossed. She plays off her passive-aggressive comments with a quirky naivety that screams master manipulator. Don't get me wrong...indicating that Erikunt's overdrawn lips might be an accident was hilarious, but the intent is to take her down a notch and let her know she looks a fool. While Kyle's endless picking apart of Lil Kathy is petty and annoying, I don't doubt that Mrs. Hilton can slay a bitch and baby sis is an especially easy target. I envision..." Mom thought you were just as pretty as Kim and I. Even when you were chubby and had braces!"

Yes, Lips, run for the hills with your lack of proof and PTSD (Progress The Storyline Drama). If Harry Hams isn't in Canada, he can comfort you with pasta and special sauce you can pretend to eat.

That birthday party/basement debut was one boring, host not trying very hard, event. Dress in theme to come hangout on my couch and have a cookie. No thanks!

Will's ex adds NOTHING! Can't even bring her own gift since that child support gravy train ended. She's more Down and Out in BH material, than a real housewife. No diamond for you!

• Applause 3
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, J80134 said:

My gut feel is that Lil Kathy is not to be crossed. She plays off her passive-aggressive comments with a quirky naivety that screams master manipulator. Don't get me wrong...indicating that Erikunt's overdrawn lips might be an accident was hilarious, but the intent is to take her down a notch and let her know she looks a fool. While Kyle's endless picking apart of Lil Kathy is petty and annoying, I don't doubt that Mrs. Hilton can slay a bitch and baby sis is an especially easy target. I envision..." Mom thought you were just as pretty as Kim and I. Even when you were chubby and had braces!"

Yes, Lips, run for the hills with your lack of proof and PTSD (Progress The Storyline Drama). If Harry Hams isn't in Canada, he can comfort you with pasta and special sauce you can pretend to eat.

That birthday party/basement debut was one boring, host not trying very hard, event. Dress in theme to come hangout on my couch and have a cookie. No thanks!

Will's ex adds NOTHING! Can't even bring her own gift since that child support gravy train ended. She's more Down and Out in BH material, than a real housewife. No diamond for you!

Absolutely, 100%.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 4

I would like to remind everyone that Kyle literally LUNGED at Kim in the limo and Adrian had to get between them that first season to keep Kyle from physically attacking Kim … just putting that out there in this Kathy is a horrible person who said bad things about her sister 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I would like to remind everyone that Kyle literally LUNGED and Kim in the limo and Adrian had to get between them that first season to keep Kyle from physically attacking Kim … just putting that out there in this Kathy is a horrible person who said bad things about her sister 

Kyle had her finger pointed hard at her, "You take that back," before lunging at her.

On 9/21/2022 at 3:02 PM, Straycat80 said:

I read somewhere, can’t remember, that no racial or homophobic slurs were hurled. Erika hinted last week on WWHL that the fight had something to do between Kathy and Kyle, long brewing family related stuff. 
Rinna is most likely stirring the pot to take the attention off of her horrible behavior this season. And this is just my guess BTW. 

I don’t trust Rinna as a source. She is a snake. It is irritating and frustrating that we basically have her word, backed by the equally horrible Diana, about Kathy’s “meltdown.” So there were no cameras? No footage of anything? Why weren’t they filming if they were at an event in Aspen?

If there is no footage, then why is this story getting spoken of at all? They don’t usually spend a lot of time talking about what (supposedly) happened off camera, except of course for Crystal’s veiled comments about Sutton’s “dark” remarks. 

And it’s really outrageous considering we’ve witnessed abhorrent behavior this season from Rinna, Erika and Diana. Yet they are the ones telling us how awful Kathy is with no proof!

Why did Rinna have to take Kathy home anyway? Was Kathy drunk? Was she drunk and angry like Rinna was drunk and angry a few episodes ago that no one seems concerned about because she was "hurting"? (Same goes for Erika.) Why is the standard different for Kathy? 

I don’t care how much Kyle tries to get my sympathy, I don’t see her as a victim. I also don’t believe she is more successful and famous than Kathy, as Rinna said. Give me a break! It could very well be the opposite: Kyle could just as easily be jealous of Kathy. In that TH, Rinna seemed like head PR flack/flying monkey for Kyle. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5

Remember when Kyle said Garcelle didn't pay her charity bill, and the time Kyle chose to mention that "fact" was on national tv? And then Kyle acted like she was all hurt that her charity wasn't paid.  And she just had to mention it on national tv, to the newest HW, at her first reunion? She was hurt for the kids everyone, the kids!

Or when she grabbed Sutton by the arm and stuck her gnarly sausage finger in her face accusing her of lying about her miscarriages? Oh and the fact that it was in defense of near virtual stranger, Diana, would make a great real estate client for The Agency has nothing to do with it!

How about when Kyle suddenly, after all those many years of grudge holding, decided that she'd end the feud with Brandi because she's just that great of a person, she just couldn't hold a grudge a second longer! How dare any of you think that ending that grudge at that particular moment was also integral to the Denise Richards takedown. Shame on you for thinking it! 

Or the times when she'd go on and on (re: LVP) how it was an ensemble cast and there was no "queen" until Lisa left and Kyle was proclaimed the new queen and suddenly Kyle's ALL IN on the queen title?

How about when she outed her sister's alcoholism in national tv, claiming to have supported her all these years (would love to see those receipts)

Or, when Kyle mean girl snickered about being asked to be Camille's bridesmaid, and basically shut down Camille's attempt to return to the show.

I'm sure there's plenty I am forgetting.

• Fire 4
  • Applause 14
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Mar said:

Also shared on Instagram by Kathy Hilton.

033861BA-DED4-490F-8A49-3D159539CC01.thumb.jpeg.11c20a40152eda17afcc47b07a8f71e6.jpeg

Exactly, anyone that Rinna feels is a threat to her position on the show has to go, If Garcelle and Sutton were weaker women , they would have been off by now. Sutton has her number and is unafraid of her and Garcelle takes no crap from her.   When she couldn't do it by herself she enlisted the coven to help her and it still did not work.  These women understand that Sutton and Garcelle are no pussies.  They have had their emotional moments but they come back swinging. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

How did that party cost six figures? I'm shocked that they didn't do more. 

The six figures was for the renovation of the basement. I do agree that the party was very lackluster.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Maybe Kathy was screaming  "I hate birds" and Rinna took it as an insult to Lois.  

You are killing me!  Great way to stay awake during an afternoon conference (during the otherwise post lunch coma).

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Mar said:

Does Kyle not care that Rinna is trying to basically destroy the lives of both of her sisters? Kyle posted something on Instagram about a month ago about letting go of certain people in your life. I was hoping she was referring to Rinna but now I think she was probably referring to her sister. It seems from what I have been reading that their relationship is over.

I'm not sure what Kyle is supposed to do about it, especially in this case when she was packing to leave to actually work.    She can't turn Rinna into a different person, she can only control how she reacts.  It appeared as though she chose to stay out of the fray (this time) and I think that was a good choice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I would like to remind everyone that Kyle literally LUNGED at Kim in the limo and Adrian had to get between them that first season to keep Kyle from physically attacking Kim … just putting that out there in this Kathy is a horrible person who said bad things about her sister 

One thing that I don't doubt about these sisters is that they can be NASTY!!! 

I have no doubt that hurling insults and going below the belt is well within that family dynamic.

What continues to be mindblowing to me is that it constantly pops up as some sort of relevant "GOTCHA" moment throughout the course of this franchise. Poor wittle Kyle gets picked on and mistreated by her sisters... I'm so over this need to infantilize Kyle when we have seen OVER and OVER again how Kyle can dish it out just as badly and then some. Not only that but we get snippets of these behaviors straight from the miniature horses mouth when she shares details about how they've fought in the past. Uggghhhhh. These castmates still trying to make "battered and bruised Kyle" happen is just so friggin' old!!

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Blondie said:

Just throwing this out here:

Maybe Rinna didn't want to make a scene at the birthday party because Chrystal's hubby was there and he is in the film industry.  She thinks she's a good actress and doesn't want to burn that particular bridge.

Could be, she is delusional after all.  Or maybe she was hoping for a role for Harry Hamlin?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

seems like Kyle and Kathy have more in common in the back of cars then Kyle would like to admit huh? :) 

Exactly! These three are cut from the same cloth so the sooner they cut the crap with each other and just accept they all have big feelings that get in the way sometimes the sooner they can start living their later years as a happier family. Just saying.

But yeah, I'm still wondering what was so triggering for Kyle that she had to force herself in the limo and make such a revelation. Kim was trying to disengage and Kyle was NOT going to let that MOMENT slip by her. It's the cornering Kim on camera that was always suss to me. Kyle really was NOT allowing Kim to get away.  Family resentment is a real thing and I get it but to be so adamant to get the moment filmed was where Kyle lost me. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, thesupremediva1 said:

In season 5, Kim was being a monster - I was glad Kyle had friends willing to help her. This situation? Exact opposite. Rinna is delighting in wedging herself between Kyle and Kathy, and Kyle is all too thrilled to play the poor, put-upon victim. I ain't buyin' none of it, certainly not from Lisa Rinna of all people.

Agreed on your entire post. Rinna has zero credibility. The situation with Kim was completely different. Kim was caught on camera at multiple points that season high off her ass being mean, rude and obnoxious to people. Nobody emerged unscathed after dealing with Kim Richards.

With Kathy in Aspen, there's nothing to support Rinna's version of events. I think we can all agree that some things were said by Kathy (before and after the club) but Rinna seems like she's taken those comments and completely turned the molehill into a mountain with them. 

It couldn't be more clear to me that Rinna is exaggerating because she sees an opportunity to simultaneously take some heat off herself while playing the victim, be center of a new story, take down Kathy whom she views as a threat because viewers responded to her in a positive way, and maybe score some points with Kyle since Kyle is the de facto leader of the group. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

Kyle had her finger pointed hard at her, "You take that back," before lunging at her.

Yeah, from across the limo. Kyle had to take a few STEPS to reach Kim so Kim's finger wagging really doesn't compare to the leap Kyle made from the other side of the limo to get at Kim. That's funny. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah, from across the limo. Kyle had to take a few STEPS to reach Kim so Kim's finger wagging really doesn't compare to the leap Kyle made from the other side of the limo to get at Kim. That's funny. 

Kim even said I don’t want you that close to me.. indicating that Kyle has gotten physical with her before and just wanted space .. but it’s Kyle that is the poor put upon sister here who never does anything to her sisters and would NEVER say anything hurtful towards them right? 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Wink 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The basement renos did. Not the party.

27 minutes ago, Mar said:

The six figures was for the renovation of the basement. I do agree that the party was very lackluster.

Thanks guys, makes more sense. Although it's not that impressive a basement remodel for six figures. It looked kind of depressing. Not what I would expect from Beverly Hills. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Kim even said I don’t want you that close to me.. indicating that Kyle has gotten physical with her before and just wanted space .. but it’s Kyle that is the poor put upon sister here who never does anything to her sisters and would NEVER say anything hurtful towards them right? 

I'm so sick of that narrative. To be honest I truly believe that Kyle is the worse one of the three.  She's conniving, manipulative and calculating and this is towards her own family. The other two are flawed no doubt about that but they just try to live their flawed lives and keep it moving. Kyle needs to find a bus, load the bus, map out a road trip, turn the cameras on, fire up her friends and then proceed to drag them under the bus for the duration of the trip.

I trust Kyle as much as I trust Michael Myers death certificate! 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Rinna can’t discuss what happened in Aspen in front of Kathy because Kathy could clarify what really  happened. To me, what probably happened was Kathy was pissed, was cussing out Kyle and ranting about all the shitty things she has done to Kathy and her family; immediately upon entering the duplex went to her room to pack, probably was making a lot of noise packing, and then left for a hotel within an hour of reaching the house. However, Rinna kept texting Erika about how awful it was even after the ranting was over. If Rinna were to discuss the night in front of Kathy, her “Kathy was frightening me for hours” would probably be disputed by Kathy producing her receipts of her hotel check-in time. This is how Rinna works: she gets her “truth” out before her victim even knows there is an issue.

I bet Rinna really fed Sutton a lot of BS about Kathy when they met to buy Crystal’s birthday gift. Hate we didn’t see it.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, Avaleigh said:

Thanks guys, makes more sense. Although it's not that impressive a basement remodel for six figures. It looked kind of depressing. Not what I would expect from Beverly Hills. 

Sad that I remember this, but a lot of the cost was the need to dig down several feet in order to accommodate the golf simulator and him being able to get a full swing (club completely over his head).

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

The fact that Kyle keeps allowing “friends” to get between her and her sisters or allow them to take aim using her as the poor victim has always been the first thing that stood out to me and made me very weary of Kyle.

2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

To be fair Brandi didn't go on a whole campaign against Kyle. She had her issues with Kyle and of course there was no love lost but in the moments where Brandi was being there for Kim it was usually in the moment and in real time. It was usually during an actual disagreement Kim was having with Kyle that Brandi was right there to see. And I remember on at least two separate occasions where Brandi's involvement was mainly her trying to remove Kim from an escalating situation.

I don't remember the details of the Brandi stuff now, but definitely remember I did not see it like this at all. I remember Brandi being totally encouraging Kim just as much as Rinna does to Kyle. And Kim leaning all the way in on the "Brandi's my real friend and I'm much closer to her than you!" Kyle is no victim, but Kim is 100% as bad as Kyle when it comes to using other people to get at the other one, playing the victim, making herself out to be the "good" one and who knows, maybe she's just as physical at times. I would have a hard time believing that Kathy doesn't do that as well. Kim being an addict don't gain her any sympathy for me when she's being terrible. 

Rinna isn't acting exactly the way Brandi did because it's a different sister and a different situation where that wouldn't be the way to go, not because Kim's too nice to allow it.

1 hour ago, Avaleigh said:

I see this misconception all the time about Kim supporting the family. Not only did their father earn money but Kyle very much paid her own way through childhood. From the age of five until she was a senior in high school, Kyle's resume is packed. She worked just as hard as Kim. The main difference was that Kim was a genuine child star while Kyle was a working child actress. I always thought it was weird that Kim claimed that she never learned how to properly apply makeup because she'd always had someone to do it for her on set. Kyle was in the same boat but she learned. Kyle had a regular main cast tv gig almost all of high school but Kim makes it seem like she was the only one who didn't have a regular life. None of the sisters had a normal upbringing. Kyle just made more of her opportunities than Kim did. (And Kim has had some amazing opportunities in her life.) They're both incredibly damaged. Kathy is too, I suspect. 

Yes, Kim herself seemed to enjoy this misconception and it certainly convinced plenty of people, since Kim was the star and Kyle wasn't. And sometimes when Kyle spoke up and said that Kim wasn't the sole breadwinner, that she worked and especially their father worked, she was sometimes accused of trying to pretend she was as much of a star as Kim.

To me, that's another example of Kim and Kyle just having different ways of exaggerating their own importance and suffering, not one doing it and the other not. I don't like Kim any better than Kyle, so I don't see her ways as being somehow not as bad. I don't particularly like Kyle, her behavior doesn't push my buttons as much as Kim's sometimes did, that idea just seems absurd to me.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Surrealist said:

I have a couple of friends who do "birthday months," I love 'em, but don't indulge them in this regard.

You get one day and that's it.

Same!  And since my birthday is during the week between Christmas and New Years I've always been lucky to get one day much less a week, lol.  

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

I don't remember the details of the Brandi stuff now, but definitely remember I did not see it like this at all. I remember Brandi being totally encouraging Kim just as much as Rinna does to Kyle. And Kim leaning all the way in on the "Brandi's my real friend and I'm much closer to her than you!" Kyle is no victim, but Kim is 100% as bad as Kyle when it comes to using other people to get at the other one, playing the victim, making herself out to be the "good" one and who knows, maybe she's just as physical at times. I would have a hard time believing that Kathy doesn't do that as well. Kim being an addict don't gain her any sympathy for me when she's being terrible. 

Rinna isn't acting exactly the way Brandi did because it's a different sister and a different situation where that wouldn't be the way to go, not because Kim's too nice to allow it.

Yes, Kim herself seemed to enjoy this misconception and it certainly convinced plenty of people, since Kim was the star and Kyle wasn't. And sometimes when Kyle spoke up and said that Kim wasn't the sole breadwinner, that she worked and especially their father worked, she was sometimes accused of trying to pretend she was as much of a star as Kim.

To me, that's another example of Kim and Kyle just having different ways of exaggerating their own importance and suffering, not one doing it and the other not. I don't like Kim any better than Kyle, so I don't see her ways as being somehow not as bad. I don't particularly like Kyle, her behavior doesn't push my buttons as much as Kim's sometimes did, that idea just seems absurd to me.

My point was that Brandi didn't go on these campaigns against Kyle that go on for episodes and episodes. It was more of a direct interaction that involved Kim. Brandi was trying to look out for her friend and call Kyle out and that was pretty much the jist. Did the display get distasteful and cross some boundaries? I guess but Rinna is a whole other level of manipulator when it comes to creating a narrative like a patchwork quilt and then draping it out like a plush red carpet. Theatrics and cliffhangers and trailers and hollywood screams complete with horror film music. Brandi put herself somewhere she probably didn't need to and that was her own fault and it played out the way it played out. Rinna's antics are straight to DVD bad writing. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Yours Truly said:

My point was that Brandi didn't go on these campaigns against Kyle that go on for episodes and episodes. It was more of a direct interaction that involved Kim. Brandi was trying to look out for her friend and call Kyle out and that was pretty much the jist. Did the display get distasteful and cross some boundaries? I guess but Rinna is a whole other level of manipulator when it comes to creating a narrative like a patchwork quilt and then draping it out like a plush red carpet. Theatrics and cliffhangers and trailers and hollywood screams complete with horror film music. Brandi put herself somewhere she probably didn't need to and that was her own fault and it played out the way it played out. Rinna's antics are straight to DVD bad writing. 

Yes, but my point is that while obviously Brandi and Rinna were two different people doing different things in different situations, that doesn't to me show Kim and Kyle behaving so very differently towards each other, especially in terms of pulling punches or being protective.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Whenever I see that episode I still cringe when Kyle tells Kim that Mo treated Kim like “a second wife.” 

That's another of the cringiest scenes on this show.

Edited by Surrealist
19 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Yes, but my point is that while obviously Brandi and Rinna were two different people doing different things in different situations, that doesn't to me show Kim and Kyle behaving so very differently towards each other, especially in terms of pulling punches or being protective.

I noted how I believe that all three sisters have no doubt hurled insults, gone below the belt, yada yada, yada. 

I guess my main gripe with Kyle and why I find her the most distasteful out of the three is because I get the vibe from her that she is in favor of these dysfunctions being revealed on the show.  She's got a lot of unpacking she desperately wants to do but of course she knows that would be going too far so instead she runs hot and cold on the show with her sisters and drinks in as much sympathy that comes her way. She's a product of the family dysfunction so it is what it is. She just seems to want to wallow in it deeper and longer and my thing is either find healing or let it go. How she has chosen to handle it does none of them any favors. 

Maybe the sisters are at each others throats behind the scenes all the time but Kyle was the one that felt like pulling back the curtain was the way to go and after so many years on this show and how much its affected her relationship with her sisters I'm just tired of seeing her still sabotaging it with her own very obvious antics. I'm always asking myself why Kyle, why?

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I guess my main gripe with Kyle and why I find her the most distasteful out of the three is because I get the vibe from her that she is in favor of these dysfunctions being revealed on the show.  She's got a lot of unpacking she desperately wants to do but of course she knows that would be going too far so instead she runs hot and cold on the show with her sisters and drinks in as much sympathy that comes her way. She's a product of the family dysfunction so it is what it is. She just seems to want to wallow in it deeper and longer and my thing is either find healing or let it go. How she has chosen to handle it does none of them any favors. 

Ooh, I never thought about that aspect but yes, I think Kyle might absolutely specifically like bringing this stuff out on TV. It explains a lot of her behavior--and it fits with the way she is with everybody else as well. The other two don't seem to have the same kind of strategy for dealing with her on camera the way she does. And she's been on the show the longest too, so she's getting a lot of practice.

God, it's just so Whatever Happened to Baby Jane!

• Like 1
  • Love 1