Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E19: We Need to Talk About Kathy

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cathaireverywhere said:

I am not at all surprised that Crystal is a grown ass adult who celebrates a "birthday week."  

She was turning 40.  I don't think it's that horrible.

1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

Eh I know a lot of adults who say this. At least she didn’t say it was birthday month, because I do know some people who do that. Sometimes I say birthday week, because a lot of my friends and family will ask to do something for my birthday like dinners, concerts, winery visits or other events around my actual birthday. So it sometimes feels like a birthday week, because every day/night is celebrating with different people. So I will confess that I have said it as a grown ass adult too. 

Yeah I agree, I tend to have people throughout the week who want to take me to dinner and I would rather not mix different groups all in one forced dinner, I have tried that too and it's not the best.

Birthday Month people are a different breed.  LOL.  They create the events themselves.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Social media and message boards are a study in bias.  People who have likable personas are given passes and the benefit of the doubt while everything is spun negatively about people who are deemed unlikable. 

11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

what??? lol I'm sorry but you are attacking Kathy based on what Rinna is saying with no proof but saying other people are sweeping it under the rug??

1E6727A2-224D-4BE9-8B89-2E6CAFDCBDC8.jpeg

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I definitely thought Erika was referring to Kyle, too. 

Personally, I think they all (Kyle, Dorit, Erika and Rinna) all have some secrets they could spill about each other. 

Well, in all fairness, Erika does admit to doing all these things, but she never, ever, ever apologizes for any of them. 

Erika doesn't apologize because she doesn't ever think she is in the wrong.

Yet she insists Kathy needs to apologize. Erika has been a loose cannon since she joined the show although she was able to keep under   control a little better when things were going her way. Now, she just comes across as both Evil and Deranged. Weekly.  But, Kathy needs to apologize. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

WWHL:

Both Garcelle and Dorit think that G doesn’t have to make Erika look bad; Erika makes herself look bad.

G and D don’t believe Rinna was trying to take a dig at Kathy, by ordering 818. (?!?!)

G and D both think that Erika should show more compassion for the plane crash victims, burn victims, etc.

I think they even both agreed that Erika should have turned over the earrings, not refused and not appealed.

You mean that's what Garcelle thinks and, since no one else was there, Dumb Dorit went along. If she had been on with Rinna, what she "thought" would have been completely different.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

DEF1BB8A-5BF9-4C08-AC07-95DB27210483.jpeg

Totally forgot about that loveliness.

There is just so much grossness around Rinna that you can’t keep up with it.

(Also, apologies, Keywestclubkid, for not getting your name right in a post last night.)

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

None of my comments attacked Kathy.  I'm going to wait for more information to come out, but it's clear that she behaved badly and said some bad things.  So many people are ready to downplay and dismiss it simply because she's been funny and kooky on the show and because it was Lisa who saw the worst of the meltdown.  Yes, Erika and Rinna have behaved badly, but that doesn't mean that Kathy gets a pass.  If they need to be held accountable for their behavior, so does Kathy.  She doesn't get to be above it all.  She voluntarily signed up for the show just like them.  Also, Kathy 'raised' Paris and Baron who both have displayed reprehensible behavior.  I've always side-eyed her.

And Erika left her one and only son behind to go to LA and become a hooker-um, I mean Hostess. I side eye that. The point is the drama Lisa and Erika are trying to add to this. I personally don't care what goes on between the sisters, the relationships are weird and Kyle throws both sisters under the bus every chance she gets. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Blondie said:

Why would they go to a chocolate shop to purchase a box of chocolates for a person who admits that she is struggling with an eating disorder?  I know it's a.birtday gift but come on....    

Inconsiderate hags.  

maybe Erika thought they could slip some laxatives in there for good measure? 

7 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

(Also, apologies, Keywestclubkid, for not getting your name right in a post last night.)

you can call me whatever you want :) 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, chlban said:

And Erika left her one and only son behind to go to LA and become a hooker-um, I mean Hostess. I side eye that. The point is the drama Lisa and Erika are trying to add to this. I personally don't care what goes on between the sisters, the relationships are weird and Kyle throws both sisters under the bus every chance she gets. 

Until it’s crystal clear exactly what went down, I’m going to give Kathy the benefit of every doubt, because Rinna’s word is worth absolutely ZERO. Someone posted that the place where these “slurs” allegedly occurred has a no-comment policy. I call bullshit on that. These gossip sheets can always find employees all too willing to dish on celebrities. 

How many times has Rinna thrown people under the bus with her stories? I’d love to see Kathy go after her at the reunion, but honestly, what purpose would that serve? Rinna’s gonna Rinna. She was after Kathy the whole time they were in Aspen.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If this is true why doesn't she tell Rinna to stop it. This is between Kyle and Kathy. Kyle needs to tell Rinna to move along and stay out of her family's issues. But she won't. She let Rinna trash Kim and she did nothing to stop it. 

At the beginning of RHBH she threw around Paris and Kathy's names every chance she got. Now she figures she doesn't need them anymore  because she so important so she'll stick with the coven and leave her sister leave out to dry. 

Ummm-kind of like what she said to Brandi when Brandi was trying to get in the middle of Kyle and Kim?  The big difference is that Brandi was Kim's "friend", defending Kim and bashing Kyle.  This time, Rinna is in Kyle's corner and defending her, so I guess that is okay.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

honestly, what purpose would that serve? Rinna’s gonna Rinna.

She'd probably start equating the trauma of Kathy's rage to her losing her own mother something something some past trauma something something LVP is behind it all, then start crying (badly), then things would get awkward, and others would start comforting her.

Or something like that.

Edited by Hiyo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 3
7 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

If Kathy was still raging at the house, why didn’t Rinna record it on her phone? I mean, her phone was powered on since she was texting Erika right at the time  (not later, and surely not edited) about how frightened she was.

Questions. 

So. Many. Questions.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I am also skeptical because the narrative has changed over time.  According to Rinna right after the incident, Kathy was raging against Kyle and her family and Bravo.  But, soon, there were rumors about Kathy making homophobic and racist comments.  I  hope this is not true, because that would be very disturbing.  But, those accusations did not surface until later.  

Here's my take: I bet Kathy did rant about her family and Bravo.  I suspect she did say homophobic and racist comments (as her family has a history of this).  Lisa is a savy, calculating business woman (or at least she thinks she is) and she is trying to position herself as standing up for her employer (Bravo) and LGBT rights.  She is making a point at being over the top offended.  She is positioning herself to be the savior of her employer being so wronged and disrespected.

At the same time, she hedging her bets.  She's claiming great offence yet walking away and not escalating at the bday party, which is not her usual tactic.  Maybe she's waiting to see how BRAVO reacts. Maybe she's worried about fan/media blow back. Maybe Kathy did bring out the big guns with a legal threat.  

All indication is BRAVO is going to sweep whatever happened under the rug. They seem to be sending a message that Rinna is over reacting (at least that's the impression I get)

This makes sense to me.  I mean it fits with Kyle's actions too.  Just leave Kathy and walk away like there's nothing much to see here.  No tears.  No drama.  Not like Kyle at all.  But if Kathy was hugely offensive to their employer and said racist horrible things...it would be best to just ignore and let the episode fade away.  Just talk to Kathy like all is normal next time you see her (when she's actually thinking "gall dammit bi@ch don't mess up my reality gig!")

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

If Kathy was still raging at the house, why didn’t Rinna record it on her phone? I mean, her phone was powered on since she was texting Erika right at the time  (not later, and surely not edited) about how frightened she was.

I want to be fair here, I don't think this is an inherently simple thing to do at all.

• Love 1

Besides, Lisa's excuse would be she was texting away while hiding under a bed, her phone on silent, trying not to breath too loudly to be heard by Kathy in her rage tantrum, lest Kathy chuck Lisa out of a window or something...

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

Yeah, I'm not buying Rinna's fake "it was so horrible, I have PTSD" reaction. There is a long list of people who probably have PTSD from Rinna's bullying. Not to mention the victims of Tom and Erika. 

Kyle (and the rest of them) spend the entire trip making fun of Kathy, Kathy snaps and somehow Kyle is the victim? Kathy has a meltdown and somehow it's the worst thing that has ever been seen but Erika and Rinna have both snapped and raged on people multiple times (on camera!) and that's ok?

This show is just not enjoyable anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 14
14 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Some of the texts were shown at the end of last week's episode and repeated tonight.  It was the text that Rinna said Kathy was raging in the sprinter van and then that Rinna locked herself in her room.

I saw that, but - importantly to me - so far we haven’t seen any specific details…what happened to she was racist and homophobic?  Hmmmmm…..

rinna and Erika are such liars I need time-stamped details.  And even then I want outside proof no one tampered with the data.

Edited by Mrs peel
Typos, always typos!
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Just like how she revealed her true thoughts on the "victims" in Aspen, Erika continues to spill more than she'd planned to. Her threat that she has dirt on everyone may confirm some people's suspicions as to why the FF5 is so ride or die with Erika. At least, to me it confirms it's an alliance built of fear rather than true friendship. And she seemed to be pretty much admitting that she (and by extension the rest of F*x Force) would be using whatever Kathy said that night to get the heat off of Erika and her tantrums.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

If a Kardashian joined the cast and became a fan favorite, how soon after would Rinna try to bully her off?

I’d pay to see that, because Momma Jenner would eat Rinna for a snack (not enough meat on her bones for lunch).

Edited by Mrs peel
Edited to add, not that I like the kardashians, I loathe them.
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 8

Where was Mo during all of this? Did he go to the club with them. Is he staying the in Aspen house? Has he chimed in on the Kathy is the devil talk?  I'm sort of half watching this and admittedly I am missing some stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

We all can see that the sisters are toxic for each other .. letting Rinna have a storyline using that and wedging herself once again between Kyle and one of her sisters is all kinda fucked up 

The fact that Kyle keeps allowing “friends” to get between her and her sisters or allow them to take aim using her as the poor victim has always been the first thing that stood out to me and made me very weary of Kyle. Sure they have their toxic sibling relationship but constantly invites outside input into her issues with them. It’s one thing to have friends support the trials and tribulations of having these unhealthy family relationships it’s another thing have people coming after your family using their slights against you as their ammunition. Maybe that’s why we’ve heard Kyle that Kyle has taken all the blame at the reunion. Maybe she understands where she’s fallen short with regards to creating boundaries between her “friends” them trying to take down her family.
I have plenty of friends that know the ins and out of what my family dynamic is like and have shared plenty of sob stories where they have felt for me however they also know that under NO CIRCUMSTANCE are you gonna use that to pick a fight or call them out. No ma’am! Feel how you want about that very real reality but you ain’t got permission from me to do that shit just cause I cried on your shoulder. Most people only go through with something like that cause they believe they have the “injured parties” blessing but that’s why you make it a point to correct the misunderstanding right away and well Kyle isn’t one to make those lines clear and when she finally does it’s usually some meek, woe is me, “I have no choice” decision that still lets her grab all the sympathy. 

We will see how her “taking the blame” comes across during the reunion. I’m guessing it’s still gonna leave people thinking Kyle has Stockholm syndrome and that’s why she’s owning up to whatever she’s owning up to. 🙄

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, swankie said:

Is it just me or was that the driest, dullest Gatsby party ever?  No music, just sit around and make snide remarks about everybody you don't like?  I wouldn't want to get all dressed up for that.

In a dark, dismal basement that cost hundreds of thousands to remodel. Even the furniture looked cheap. Where was the food? I laughed when Sutton got up to leave and said "I've had enough cake"!

I feel ripped off. An entire episode discussing the appalling behavior of Kathy yet we don't see or hear any of her meltdown. Just hearsay. How exciting. 

Also, how strange of Rinna to take it upon herself to go home alone with Kathy after knowing the agitated state Kathy was in. I guess Rinna was hoping for it to be filmed but Kathy must have slapped the cease and desist order on BRAVO to not show the footage. 

Lastly, why would Kyle let Kathy leave the club without following her sister home knowing how upset she was? Kyle stays in the club partying? You would think Rinna would have at least texted Kyle asking her to come home because her sister is losing her shit and is scaring her. It's not adding up. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Just throwing this out here:

Maybe Rinna didn't want to make a scene at the birthday party because Chrystal's hubby was there and he is in the film industry.  She thinks she's a good actress and doesn't want to burn that particular bridge.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think Kyle may have asked the other women not to talk about it. I say this because during the conversation at the chic therapeutic luxury chocolate shop Erika got angry because Kyle was allowed to talk about her behavior (to Dorit), but they're not supposed to talk about the behavior of someone who should not be named (I was led to believe, Kathy).

Edited by SweetieDarling
missing words
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

The editors showing the tour of Tom and Erika’s house the same day the auction selling all their expensive stuff ended. 😂🤣🤣🤣

Erica's voice was so different back then! 

I think Diana looked much worse than Erica did in terms of 1920s-ness. Maybe Erica was trying for Art Deco-inspired?

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
8 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

Yes, I’m unapologetically willing to downplay and/or dismiss it because the whole damn “she said/she said” situation boils down to one thing: CREDIBILITY.  Lisa Rinna has NONE, as far as I’m concerned.   

I don’t think anyone here buys Kathy’s ditzy role, either.  It’s been discussed quite often.  She could very well be the asshole some believe her to be, or have even witnessed, but in THIS particular situation, there will always be a big question mark as long as Lying Lips Rinna is the only witness.  

Bottom line: I call out bad behavior WHEN I SEE IT. And I'd offer anyone a pass at this point, because apparently the only folks entitled to passes are Rinna, Erika, Kyle, and Lizard Lips. Their disgusting, ABUSIVE behavior has been swept under any and all carpets for YEARS now, as they systematically bully their castmates into leaving the workplace. 

This ENTIRE end-of-season storyline is based on hearsay from a known lunatic and proven liar, and her texts to a woman who proudly proclaims not to give an eff about her husband's victims. Both are desperate to deflect from their own bad behavior and ugly personal lives.

There is no footage of this obscene meltdown. Zero. Nothing from the club, the sprinter, or the house. How in the hell is that possible?! Bravo covers for no one - if it was as bad as Rinna says it was, SOMEONE would have filmed it.

So no, I don't  believe Lisa Rinna. I think she took a drunken bitchfest from a wounded Kathy and turned it into something much bigger and more sinister than it ever was. She is getting away with it because she knows, in fact, that it's impossible to DISPROVE because no one captured it. 

In season 5, Kim was being a monster - I was glad Kyle had friends willing to help her. This situation? Exact opposite. Rinna is delighting in wedging herself between Kyle and Kathy, and Kyle is all too thrilled to play the poor, put-upon victim. I ain't buyin' none of it, certainly not from Lisa Rinna of all people.

Bravo, please build a show around the millions of hours of footage you shot, or get off the freakin air. This is as lazy and infuriating as it gets. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Hiyo said:

Why, it was so bad she almost hired Tom Girardi to represent her...

🤣💀

Rinna has terrible PTSD because of Kathy, and yet we viewers see Kathy sort of doddering around while looking a bit of place. (I'm aware it's part of her persona.)

But the way some of these ladies talk about how terrible Kathy is, I keep waiting for Kathy to pull a Ginsu knife out of her shopping bag and start stabbing people.

• LOL 2
36 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I was thinking Ericas voice sounded especially cartoonish during that clip too. Way higher, like she had inhaled some helium before talking. I think that clip was sped up a bit which made her voice sound even more chipmunky than her usual weird voice.

• LOL 2
3 hours ago, Mar said:

Also shared on Instagram by Kathy Hilton.

033861BA-DED4-490F-8A49-3D159539CC01.thumb.jpeg.11c20a40152eda17afcc47b07a8f71e6.jpeg

We all know Kathy isn't a saint. Then again, no one is.

I'm surprised she's going all in to share these things on her social. The person who posted this isn't wrong, though.

6 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Kathy and her is that on purpose lol 

I almost died when Kathy brought up Erika's lip liner, but tried to play it off like it was supposed to be a compliment. 😂

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

Where was Mo during all of this? Did he go to the club with them. Is he staying the in Aspen house? Has he chimed in on the Kathy is the devil talk?  I'm sort of half watching this and admittedly I am missing some stuff. 

I am curious if he was at the house..  Of course, we know there is no love lost between him and Kathy - remember his words about her after she disinvited him from Nikki's wedding?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, cathaireverywhere said:

I am not at all surprised that Crystal is a grown ass adult who celebrates a "birthday week."  

I have a couple of friends who do "birthday months," I love 'em, but don't indulge them in this regard.

You get one day and that's it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

I think Diana looked much worse than Erica did in terms of 1920s-ness. Maybe Erica was trying for Art Deco-inspired?

This will probably date me, but it’s in reruns so…the first thing I thought of when I saw Erika’s getup was Klinger dressing as the Statue of Liberty in an episode of MASH. The only thing missing was the torch. That look in no way was 1920s.

Diana resembled Jean Harlow, which was the ‘30s. 

Back when, Erika was really attactive. Now she looks — and acts — like a hunted and haunted old hag.

4 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

We all know Kathy isn't a saint. Then again, no one is.

I'm surprised she's going all in to share these things on her social. The person who posted this isn't wrong, though.

I almost died when Kathy brought up Erika's lip liner, but tried to play it off like it was supposed to be a compliment. 😂

They left out Yolanda. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 4
5 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Who knows what was said, but if she went ballistic on everyone, I would LOVE to know what she said. I have a feeling a lot of it was true. 

Right? Even if you don't like Kathy, if she were to drop dirt on the others, you'd be like "I mean, yeah, that's true." 😂

• Like 2
  • Wink 2
  • LOL 1
18 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

🤣💀

Rinna has terrible PTSD because of Kathy, and yet we viewers see Kathy sort of doddering around while looking a bit of place. (I'm aware it's part of her persona.)

But the way some of these ladies talk about how terrible Kathy is, I keep waiting for Kathy to pull a Ginsu knife out of her shopping bag and start stabbing people.

Or, maybe just from Crystal's birthday cake decoration. 

I could not figure out the reason for having a knife with blood on it in the middle of her cake.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
9 hours ago, swankie said:

Is it just me or was that the driest, dullest Gatsby party ever?  No music, just sit around and make snide remarks about everybody you don't like?  I wouldn't want to get all dressed up for that. 

How did that party cost six figures? I'm shocked that they didn't do more. No jazz band, really? Why not at least put a little more into and use it as the end of the season cast and crew party? I get why there weren't a lot of people since COVID was still a factor but I thought there'd at least be music and better decorations.

I find it odd that they always want to have dress up parties across the franchises but rarely come up with anything creative. On this show alone I think they've done the 1920s theme at least three times. Roaring 20s, Halloween, 70s,  80s, Moulin Rouge, etc. is what we typically see. It would be nice if someone thought outside of the box a little when it comes to the costume parties. There are so many different themes they could have fun with. Figures from the ancient world, fairy tales, pre revolutionary France (did Sonja do this? I seem to recall her wearing something vaguely in this ballpark?), music legends, Old Hollywood, Brazilian carnival, futuristic, etc.

• Applause 1

Rinna's a lot of things, but she ain't stupid.

She knew she'd get a rise out of Kathy when, on camera, she made a point to order her Kardashian friend's daughter's tequila instead of Kathy's daughter's tequila.

Kathy may have unloaded some of her life's unhappiness on Rinna, thinking that since they were alone, off camera, with Rinna listening, that Rinna was being her friend.

Who amongst us hasn't unleashed anger and frustration about our own family members to good friends?  Heck, I had a 2-hour conversation just last week with a friend who called me to unload.  Happens.

I would never, in a million years, go to that friend's family and tell her what they said.

On camera, no less.

Rinna, I hope this is your last season.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 11

Something definitely seems off with the text messages and the whole retelling of what happened. On the plane Kyle says that shortly after arriving at the club, Kathy was mad and wanted to go. But production puts "several hours later" when before the text messages come up on the screen. Kyle also says that Rinna is texting Erika a play by play and she sees it, but the messages we see are not a play by play. It's just she's going crazy in the sprinter and now I'm in my room. It just makes no sense.

I also agree that Rinna would have gotten some sort of footage. Even if it was a picture of the broken glasses or recording of Kathy still yelling while she was locked in her room. And like someone else mentioned upthread, where was Mo? Wouldn't have he heard everything? 

Like others, I'm not doubting that Kathy was upset and perhaps had a meltdown, but I think it is being exaggerated and again being held to a different standard than the FF5.

Also, I found Rinna's behavior at Crystal's partly so out of character which is part of why it's clear she was acting. It is odd of her not to have brought it up somehow. It felt like part of her and Erica's plan. For Rinna to seem so traumatized that she couldn't speak up and couldn't stay out of fear of the "Hilton Mafia" or something. Erica was unusually calm on the plane and when she approached Garcelle about The Real. I wouldn't put it past the two of them to have, like others have said, weaponized a meltdown Kathy had and figured out how to draw attention away from Erika and to someone else.

I have noted their annoyance with Kathy prior to this, which I think has to do with her popularity last season and holding out on half the season for more money.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

This will probably date me, but it’s in reruns so…the first thing I thought of when I saw Erika’s getup was Klinger dressing as the Statue of Liberty in an episode of MASH. The only thing missing was the torch. That look in no way was 1920s.

I wouldn't say "in no way," as the headpiece sort of had some Art Deco-ness to it. Whether Erica knows that or she did it on purpose or she just felt like weraing a crazy getup, I have no clue. All I said was that Diana was much farther off the mark, IMO.

I never liked MASH, but I can clearly picture that episode. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
4 hours ago, Jel said:

but Rinna already threw out the kitchen sink last night with her claim that Kathy was raging, Kathy Hilton is the devil, Kathy went after Kyle, the other HWs, CBS, ABC, NBC, Bravo, The Franklin Mint,, Charlie Babbitt, the lady from the Where's the Beef commercial...

I just laughed so hard at this, I thought I might have a heart attack.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I keep waiting for Kathy to pull a Ginsu knife out of her shopping bag

Last words heard from some of the HWs:

Dorit: Oooh, that is a chic looking knife!

Kyle: Haha, very funny, look everyone, my silly sister and one of her silly pranks, hahaha!

Diana: You mean you carry knife yourself, and not have personal assistant do it for you? Pfft.

Ericka: I don't care about your bleeping knife, I only care about my bleeping self.

Lisa: You know my friend Kris Jenner also carries a knife in her purse, except it's a Gentak Makara knife. A GENTAK MAKARA knife, not some random Ginsu.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1