Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: St. Simon Says Fight

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Naomie is sleeping with Whitney but had to ask Shep, “is Whitney meeting us at the restaurant?” Hahaha, lol. 

Austen is getting over the top in his womanly gossip. There are no guys on this show that I would remotely be into. Pringle is the possible exception but he’s gone. 

Austen showing off his bubble butt at dinner, cringe. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I have watched Southern Charm for a few years and I had no idea Craig could be such an abusive person when he’s drinking. On this recent episode, I believe Craig has hit a new low. Craig should definitely get control of his behavior. The South Carolina Bar Association can suspend or revoke an attorney’s license and privileges to practice law. Craig needs to realize his professional responsibilities and end this drunken and disorderly conduct. Any state bar association can and do sanction attorneys for inappropriate conduct.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m getting the feeling that Austen not just loves Taylor,  but is a little bit in love with her.  Craig was a real ass tonight and alcohol is not his friend. 
This show is such a waste of time now, yet I keep showing up. 

I was thinking that Austen and Taylor would make a sweet couple. And Shep would lose his mind. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I was thinking that Austen and Taylor would make a sweet couple.

I have a hard time thinking of Austen as a sweet couple with anyone.  Perhaps only in comparison to Shep.

• Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Lassus said:
9 hours ago, Sage47 said:

I have a hard time thinking of Austen as a sweet couple with anyone.  Perhaps only in comparison to Shep.

Maybe an older woman...who's a dominatrix.

10 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Austen is getting over the top in his womanly gossip. There are no guys on this show that I would remotely be into.

Insulting to all women...but true.

10 hours ago, APK said:

The South Carolina Bar Association can suspend or revoke an attorney’s license and privileges to practice law. Craig needs to realize his professional responsibilities and end this drunken and disorderly conduct. Any state bar association can and do sanction attorneys for inappropriate conduct.

Did he really care about the Bar and/or being an attorney?  I think he dragged his butt forever to even take the exam...and it was probably to appease his parents.  Sadly, his conduct is probably peanuts compared to so many other attorneys in the area.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

Maybe an older woman...who's a dominatrix.

Insulting to all women...but true.

Did he really care about the Bar and/or being an attorney?  I think he dragged his butt forever to even take the exam...and it was probably to appease his parents.  Sadly, his conduct is probably peanuts compared to so many other attorneys in the area.

In some states you can get in trouble for drunk driving but being drunk at a bar unless he commits a crime I think he doesn’t have to worry.

• Applause 1
  • Love 3

OK, I'm going to depart from the conventional wisdom here on Craig.

"Crazy ex" is in fact more common and normal and basic a phrase than "psycho ex", which is significantly different and far more aggressive; and recounting his words as the latter and not the former is actually kind of bullshit IMO.   

9 hours ago, APK said:

The South Carolina Bar Association can suspend or revoke an attorney’s license and privileges to practice law. Craig needs to realize his professional responsibilities and end this drunken and disorderly conduct. Any state bar association can and do sanction attorneys for inappropriate conduct.

Is Craig a drunken jerk?  Yes.  If every state bar association sanctioned every attorney for what we saw tonight, it would crash the economy.

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Craig: Naomi, why do you have a scowl on your face?! We’re having fun!

N: I’m just sitting here, Craig.

Didn't she say immediately following this that she was thinking about him saying crap things she was told about at the last party?  Or did I miss some other time passing?

Edited by Lassus
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Lassus said:

OK, I'm going to depart from the conventional wisdom here on Craig.

"Crazy ex" is in fact more common and normal and basic a phrase than "psycho ex", which is significantly different and far more aggressive; and recounting his words as the latter and not the former is actually kind of bullshit IMO.   

Is Craig a drunken jerk?  Yes.  If every state bar association sanctioned every attorney for what we saw tonight, it would crash the economy.

75 million up votes!  I thought the same thing.  Leva LIED about what Craig actually said.  If my ex called me "crazy" I might be miffed, but if he called me "psycho" I'd be royally pissed off.  Loved how the camera caught her lie. 

Doesn't affect my opinion, however, that he was a complete asshole after drinking in the last two episodes.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Sage47 said:

Austen is a cheater. Madison caught him having a threesome. Taylor doesn't need that. Also, Austen is totally in love with Taylor. His tearful conversation with her in the store was hella awkward.

Craig is going backwards. He cleaned himself up and now he's going back to his alcohol and adderall infused ways. A really bad look. I wonder what Paige thinks when watching this. 

That said, Naomi needs to get over herself. So he called her crazy. Don't we all think our ex's are a bit crazy? 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Austen is a cheater. Madison caught him having a threesome. Taylor doesn't need that. Also, Austen is totally in love with Taylor. His tearful conversation with her in the store was hella awkward.

Craig is going backwards. He cleaned himself up and now he's going back to his alcohol and adderall infused ways. A really bad look. I wonder what Paige thinks when watching this. 

That said, Naomi needs to get over herself. So he called her crazy. Don't we all think our ex's are a bit crazy? 

This was Leva shit stirring while she pretends to be a peacemaker.  People use crazy in all sorts of mild ways.  I had a crazy day.  I am crazy for you.  I am crazy in love with her.  Psycho would not be a good substitute for any of those.

• Like 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Also, Austen is totally in love with Taylor. His tearful conversation with her in the store was hella awkward.

I suppose I would disagree with this.  Austen is emotional, and Taylor is sweet, and I can see him becoming emotional as a friend here.  Honestly, if he was into her that way, I doubt he would be this emotional.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I think it is actually possible that Naomi might check herself (and then maybe Leva) when actually shown the clip of what Craig really said.  She would be annoyed but understand.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Lassus said:

Didn't she say immediately following this that she was thinking about him saying crap things she was told about at the last party?  Or did I miss some other time passing?

She definitely used the opportunity of him confronting her to confront him right back about what he said to Leva, but he “started it” and then got all huffy that she won’t leave him alone. She was totally ignoring him for most of the dinner, but HE kept calling her out for stuff first, and certainly wasn’t just ignoring her, considering that he keeps saying he wants no interaction with her.

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I’m getting the feeling that Austen not just loves Taylor,  but is a little bit in love with her.  Craig was a real ass tonight and alcohol is not his friend. 
This show is such a waste of time now, yet I keep showing up. 

OMG, me too.  I quit awhile ago, but came back as it’s heating up again.  Not liking 42 re old Shep not working, but hanging around and drinking like a frat boy.  
Naomi and Whitney are laughable.  Naomi looks uncomfortable with him IMO.  I don’t believe they are together.

Venita looks uncomfortable too .. weren’t Leva and Madison her friends?  It doesn’t look like she is that friendly with this group.

Taylor and Austin would be good together, I think.  At least Austin has respect for her .. Shep doesn’t.

Deep down, I don’t think Craig loves his N.Y. Girlfriend, still loves Naomi, but is trying hard to deny it.  Why would he be out of sorts if he loved the girlfriend?  He’s drinking more since Naomi came back.

Im happy Leva and Madison are rarely on.

Why doesn’t someone address Sheps leg giggling around all the time?

Shep wants to travel with Taylor, but no strings attached.  Typical Shep.  Selfish.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Shep wants to travel with Taylor, but no strings attached.  Typical Shep.  Selfish.

He wants her financially dependent on him so she can’t easily leave when he is abusive to her.  But at the same time he can dump her whenever he decides he is bored with or annoyed by her.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
51 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

He wants her financially dependent on him so she can’t easily leave when he is abusive to her.  But at the same time he can dump her whenever he decides he is bored with or annoyed by her.

Yeah, he’s such a nice guy …NOT.  Big spoiled baby.

• Love 3

Craig is that drunk guy everyone wants to avoid at a party.  

Whitney and Naomie are so uncomfortable around each other.  Yet they want us to believe they are a couple.

Next week looks like the episode all the guys fight.

• Love 3

Why is it that all the best shows nowadays have only 8-10 episodes per season, yet here we are on Ep.13 of this steaming pile of 💩? Certainly whatever story these "writers" are trying to tell this season, could have been contained in a dozen or less episodes, plus a reunion.

Since when do cast members have the option to opt out of the trips "hosted" by other cast members? Leva just decided she wanted no part of it? You'd think it was a contractual obligation. Not that I missed her. 😄 Kathryn too. 

On so many counts, it's long past time for the plug to be pulled on this mess.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

Whitney and Naomie are so uncomfortable around each other.  Yet they want us to believe they are a couple.

Excuse me, but I hope one of the guys beat the crap out of entitled Shep.  The way he yelled at Taylor that day made me furious.  I would have taken a bat and knocked his block off.  He’s entitled, mean and lazy.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I did have to laugh when Austen called Olivia to ask "What's the deal with the tennis situation?" and Olivia said, "Uh, we're gonna play it."

Incredibly, overall, I didn't mind Austen that much this episode.  I think he has genuine feelings for Taylor - possibly IN LOVE feelings - and truly wants what's best for her, and he sees the humor in Shep being infatuated with his butt.  I kind of liked him this week.

As for Craig, I think he never accepted the fact that Naomie had legit reasons for breaking up with him (remember the "You're really reaching to come up with a reason why we broke up and you can't find one!  You threw away a good thing for nothing!" tantrum?), and now she's back, and in his mind, he's punishing her.  In reality, though, he's still struggling with the fact that it just plain didn't work out.  They weren't good for each other.  It happens.  But Craig thinks he was/is in control of who decides that.

• Applause 5
  • Love 3

I really want to believe that Austin was genuine in his convo with Taylor, but I'm sure the muppet mouth is looking to shed some better light on himself and get bonus points with the female audience.

Craig, eww. I always wanted him to succeed and do well in life, but he's become a Southern Asshat.  

Enjoying Olivia, and her sense of no BS. 

• Love 4

Maybe I'm a sap but I thought Austen's concern for Taylor was genuine & wondered if he does indeed have feelings for her. Despite his comments, I see absolutely no connection with Olivia, although I like her & think she's a solid addition to the cast  

I believe that Craig is so concerned how any interaction with Naomi will be portrayed that he's paranoidly gone in the other direction into openly hostile. Leva certainly didn't help by swapping ubiquitous "crazy" with far more severe "psycho" 

Why are Kathryn, Leva, Madison even on the show if they don't show up for cast trips??

• Love 4

What happened to the dog Craig had one season?

I think Austen has a sensitive side. He was kind of teary when his parents moved and a couple of other times. I think it’s sincere when it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

There’s no point to Leva on the show. Can she go away now.

Why is Marcie even on the show? She brings nothing and all the best to her family and baby but I don’t care at all.

Craig was a drunk idiot but honestly Naomi is annoying and who cares if Craig called her crazy. Why bring it up? They aren’t friends so just get over it.

The show needs to stop trying to make Austen Olivia happen no one cares.

Also I don’t believe for one second Naomi and Whitney are together. They are so awkward and weird with each other. Whitney is such a sleaze too. A snobby sleaze who thinks he’s better then everyone.

Meh to Venetia. Her chair fall seemed for attention.

Shep is just a loser piece of shit and honestly Taylor is an idiot. I don’t feel bad for her she knows exactly who Shep is and continues to stay with him. I have a couple friend like that who are always on the verge of breaking up. After a while you don’t care and it’s annoying to always talk about. Taylor’s just a religious moron too.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, LakeGal said:

They’d have us believe that Whitney and Naomie fucked, more than once.

Yet they don’t kiss each other, even in that first convo when it was just them, no other supposed “friends” around so it’s not a PDA thing.

It’s mainly prostitutes and their johns who have intercourse but don’t kiss?

• LOL 2
17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

She definitely used the opportunity of him confronting her to confront him right back about what he said to Leva, but he “started it” and then got all huffy that she won’t leave him alone. She was totally ignoring him for most of the dinner, but HE kept calling her out for stuff first, and certainly wasn’t just ignoring her, considering that he keeps saying he wants no interaction with her.

If what Craig said about Naomie was relatively Innocuous — regardless of whether Leva accurately conveyed what he said about her — why is he acting belligerent towards her at this dinner, snarling belligerently at her to move on with her life.

Even he doesn’t buy the fake Whitney and Naomie thing.😄

• Love 3
2 hours ago, aghst said:

Even he doesn’t buy the fake Whitney and Naomie thing

I'll always remember his sly comment that meant...essentially... "How can she POSSIBLY consiter a worthless human like Whitney after having a relationship with FABULOUS me?"

• Love 2
2 hours ago, aghst said:

They’d have us believe that Whitney and Naomie fucked, more than once.

Yet they don’t kiss each other, even in that first convo when it was just them, no other supposed “friends” around so it’s not a PDA thing.

It’s mainly prostitutes and their johns who have intercourse but don’t kiss?

I think in one-night stand/hookup/friends-with-benefits culture people don’t necessarily kiss either.  It’s a very emotional, intimate thing that usually involves romantic feelings.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Marley said:

There’s no point to Leva on the show. Can she go away now.

Why is Marcie even on the show? She brings nothing and all the best to her family and baby but I don’t care at all.

Craig was a drunk idiot but honestly Naomi is annoying and who cares if Craig called her crazy. Why bring it up? They aren’t friends so just get over it.

The show needs to stop trying to make Austen Olivia happen no one cares.

Also I don’t believe for one second Naomi and Whitney are together. They are so awkward and weird with each other. Whitney is such a sleaze too, A snobby sleaze who thinks he’s better then everyone.

Meh to Venetia. Her chair fall seemed for attention.

Shep is just a loser piece of shit and honestly Taylor is an idiot. I don’t feel bad for her she knows exactly who Shep is and continues to stay with him. I have a couple friend like that who are always on the verge of breaking up. After a while you don’t care and it’s annoying to always talk about. Taylor’s just a religious moron too.

Leva is working from home when it comes to filming. 

Kathryn? where did she go? One of the guys mumbled something about her kids, she has her kids?

Pringle is missing! Where did he go? What happened that none of the inner circle even mentions him anymore?

I half expected Patricia to show up for this trip, she has shown up for all the other events why not this one, lol.

Marcie had the baby and we didn't get any labor footage, you know harmless stuff not the down and dirty looky loo stuff, we don't need to see that.

Craig left the table to go to the bar, five minutes later he comes back plastered...pills AND booze perhaps got him wasted quickly. And yes Craig Naomi has some street cred to tell you to be considerate to the waitstaff her parents have a restaurant so I am pretty sure she might have some respect of food service workers.

Side note, I freakin' hate when someone tells me to smile! What am I supposed to do sit there with a foolish grin on my face for no reason? At that point Naomi should have told Craig to sober up.

Venita...was she there? She fell out of a chair?

Taylor seems like a nice person but this crap about G-d wants her to stay with Shep is too much, no deity wants anything like that, Shep is a good time boy, any relationship he has should be short and sweet, by now all the women in Charleston and beyond have seen his antics, he is not changing for anyone. Taylor wants that Bravo check so she is hanging in there for as long as she has to.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think in one-night stand/hookup/friends-with-benefits culture people don’t necessarily kiss either.  It’s a very emotional, intimate thing that usually involves romantic feelings.

But they're pretending like it's more than a one-night stand.

They're repeatedly hooking up and they were betting on her ending up in his separate villa -- why wouldn't they stay together?

That first convo is suppose to be an example of them hanging out -- which could mean more sex or doing stuff together that couples do when they're not having sexy times.

The greeting hugs aren't even that warm either.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Marley said:

This is indeed a massive mystery no one in my house understands.

• Like 2

They dolled up Marcie for her TH, like they do all cast members

So they probably want her as a backup cast member if they do more seasons.

Maybe they will spice up her life by having her cheat on her husband with her baby's pediatrician or something.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, aghst said:

They're repeatedly hooking up

Many FWBs do. Does he take her on one-on-one dates?  We haven’t seen any.  They didn’t travel to Georgia together and she had other lodgings.  So while they are apparently having sex on occasion I don’t think they are  in a monogamous committed relationship.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1