Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

I don't see that personally. BB for sure looks like he's having an absolute blast. The Kayla actress pretty much always sort of treats most of what she does with disdain which is half annoying and half hilarious. DH and LK are giving what they always give so I don't see evidence that they somehow hate this more than everything else they always do.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

I was pleased to see BH back as the devil, though would prefer Doug-devil because then he might lock that bitch in the freezer again. 😁  Bummer that Julie appears safe at the moment with the devil merely borrowing Doug's form in the hell waiting room.  On that note, when the devil said, “If you saw my real face, yours would just melt away," Little Peanut, who has seen the old '95 pics and is waiting for the costume to return, remarked, "They so lost the devil suit.”  Still holding out hope though after the devil promised Marlena that the next time she sees him, he'll be in his true form. Perhaps Ron is going to rent a new one. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

I was really wondering if that was Marlena or the devil with Kayla and Kate.  Marlena just seemed uninterested in her fate.  there are times I find Marlena cold this time she just came off strange.  
    Anna is one of the best characters I love her so much.   If anyone knows how to carry around ashes with style it’s her. 
    Use to really like the actor who plays Nick.  Wonder if he could just play a different part.   It could give Julie more airtime.  Know you are all missing that lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
On 2/17/2023 at 10:39 PM, boes said:

Anna makes everything better.  

(…)

More Anna, please!

She most certainly does. “You live in this town long enough…” 🤣

Like many of you, I can’t with the Cream Cheese plot and The Bengay Gang. It’s too bad, because I enjoy having older actors on screen, but this is playing on much too long. I also wasn’t a fan of sad death bed scenes, knowing full well they weren’t going to be seen alive within days so I skipped those.

I tried to watch only on Fridays, but then I wouldn’t see the dénouement of the small cliffhangers and it made it hard to join in the comments here. Now I’m watching both Fridays and Mondays, but I skip through a lot.

I don’t know when the decision to move to Peacock was made, but I would understand it 100% if it was made after seeing these storylines. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Desperado said:

I don’t know when the decision to move to Peacock was made, but I would understand it 100% if it was made after seeing these storylines. 

As a few others have said, it was mostly likely made in an effort to drive people to Peacock in what is actually a show of faith in the show/audience.

Kate, Marlena, and Kayla pretending they were being pulled by Nick/Nick pretending to pull them was literally one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

BB's Jake accent is 100 times worse than it was before and that hardly seems possible lol.

Orpheus is hilarious. Every line, every facial expression is pure gold.

Anna, as always, is everything.

This is honestly maybe the best comedy on air right now.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Problem is if Peacock becomes something Xfinity customers have to pay for then they're going to lose even more viewers because there's nothing on Peacock worth watching beyond old TV shows.

That's not quite true.  It has some hits in Bel Air, The Traitors and Poker Face.  Is that enough to get people to purchase?  I don't know. It's more likely to get me to to drop Comcast.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Problem is if Peacock becomes something Xfinity customers have to pay for then they're going to lose even more viewers because there's nothing on Peacock worth watching beyond old TV shows.

We are Xfinity subscribers so we get Peacock for “free”.  Luckily too, because I watch English Premier League football (aka soccer) and have to have Peacock to watch some of the teams I follow in that league.  (Or I could try an illegal stream and just hope I don’t get caught!)

• Like 2

Bye, Allie. Only two bags for your trip? At least you and Chanel stayed friends.

Anna was great with the two martinis.

How shocking that we learn that the ladies are not dead. Bad Nick just stepped in and stole their souls prematurely. Jake certainly hasn’t forgotten Kate. We then see the pods in some sort of creepy lab with green beakers or leftover Star Trek Khan ep. Who has them?

All that effort to kill Orpheus and… he gives a clue. Wow. So much for… that.

• Like 4
57 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

We are Xfinity subscribers so we get Peacock for “free”.  Luckily too, because I watch English Premier League football (aka soccer) and have to have Peacock to watch some of the teams I follow in that league.  (Or I could try an illegal stream and just hope I don’t get caught!)

Xfinity Customers are losing our free access sometime this summer.

• Sad 3

I've come to the conclusion that Nick's torture in hell is dealing with these 3 dumb shits.  The ladies might be alive but at this point they are proving themselves borderline brain dead. I mean, shards of glass to kill someone who's already dead and in the afterlife, really Kate, Marlena, and Kayla? 🙄

5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Orpheus is hilarious. Every line, every facial expression is pure gold.

❤️⬆️ Orpheus is the only reason I tune in!  I'm so glad GD can still channel his character after all these years.  Even when Ron gives him crap stories, he still comes through with his delivery. 

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

All that effort to kill Orpheus and… he gives a clue. Wow. So much for… that.

This is actually the second time John has tried to kill Orpheus and been stopped by 'more information.'  The last time Orpheus just whipped out a VHS tape and John's dreams of pulling the trigger were halted.  😄 Good times.

When this is all said and done, if John, Roman, and Steve really want Orpheus to leave them alone, maybe they should put more effort into bringing his wife back from the dead instead of killing him.  As Anna would probably say, it is Salem after all....and the mad scientist on the family's payroll has a lab right in her basement. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That's not quite true.  It has some hits in Bel Air, The Traitors and Poker Face.  Is that enough to get people to purchase?  I don't know. It's more likely to get me to to drop Comcast.  

They also stream the NBC shows if you don't have live cable/streaming along with Bravo - while I would have to be strapped in a chair against my will to ever watch even one episode of any Real Housewife show I do like watching Project Runway.  

• Like 3

I, too, would have liked a good-bye scene with Allie & Johnny, and what about her Grandpa Roman?  And it would have made more sense for Allie to be moving to Europe to live with her Mom, Sami who could help her care for lil Henry. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I don't get how she can just decide to move to New Zealand on a whim. Don't you need travel docs, residency visa, etc?

It is a soap. From some countries, you do need a visa, and that can take about a month. Maybe she will spend a few weeks in Hawaii.

Correction. She can get a travel document within 72 hours.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visas/preparing-a-visa-application/your-journey-to-new-zealand/before-you-travel-to-new-zealand/details-page/visa/nzeta

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Poor New Zealand.  Just wait till they figure out what they've allowed into their country.  Allie isn't exactly the personality type that makes everyone feel better.  

Chanel and Allie like to reminisce about their days as party girls.  

Allie is to to "party girls" what the Von Trapp Family was to hard rock.

giphy.gif

Edelweiss THAT, Allie!

• Applause 1
  • LOL 12
17 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Xfinity Customers are losing our free access sometime this summer.

WTF!?!?!?  We might have to seriously think about getting rid of Xfinity in that case.  You'd think with soooo many people already cutting the cord of thinking of doing so, they'd "reward" people who still subscribe to cable with a little something.  Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 5

The most fun scenes today were Gabi & Rafe...Rafe cannot follow Gabi's back & forth as to who she loves & his facial expressions were so funny.  Also, Li & Sloan..they are fun together.   Johnny & Nicole had an awkward conversation but she was his Step-Mother at one point!  

• Like 5
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

WTF!?!?!?  We might have to seriously think about getting rid of Xfinity in that case.  You'd think with soooo many people already cutting the cord of thinking of doing so, they'd "reward" people who still subscribe to cable with a little something.  Thanks for the heads up!

I don't think Xfinity had a choice: Peacock is eliminating its free tier altogether.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The most fun scenes today were Gabi & Rafe...Rafe cannot follow Gabi's back & forth as to who she loves & his facial expressions were so funny.  Also, Li & Sloan..they are fun together.   Johnny & Nicole had an awkward conversation but she was his Step-Mother at one point!  

Nicole also was involved with two of his uncles, former stepdad and grandfather. Johnny should keep clear from her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

I don't think Xfinity had a choice: Peacock is eliminating its free tier altogether.

I assume the Xfinity people weren't getting the free tier anyway though. Weren't they getting the ad-supported Premium tier?

I didn't know Peacock was just getting rid of the free tier. It does make sense though. I never really understood why they even had the free tier.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
8 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

I disagree.  I think she was plenty good of an actress.  She just got lame material with which to work most of the time.

I thought she lit up as Devil Allie with Evan but yeah, other than that her character just didn't get much to work with and I just don't think she sparked with this version of Chanel. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I don't get how she can just decide to move to New Zealand on a whim. Don't you need travel docs, residency visa, etc?

As soon as she said she was moving to New Zealand, all I could think was "what a lucky bitch."  Wish it was me. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I assume the Xfinity people weren't getting the free tier anyway though. Weren't they getting the ad-supported Premium tier?

I didn't know Peacock was just getting rid of the free tier. It does make sense though. I never really understood why they even had the free tier.

From what I've read and what I know as an Xfinity/Comcast customer, we've had Peacock's $4.99 version for free. Basically, it's shown on the bill and then discounted the full amount. That will end in June for existing customers. A discount promo is supposed to be offered around that time to get customers to keep it. No specifics announced yet on the exact discount. 

https://variety.com/2023/digital/news/comcast-xfinity-subs-losing-peacock-free-access-1235520530/

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Like 1

Johnny doesn't seem to know Allie gone, good riddance to him anyways it's not like they showed any real love between them. 

Ariana chose to live with Will and Sonny no surprise. She didn't choose her mother but instead live as far she could get 

Why does Brady care that Li is working with Sloan?

if Brady proves Li is guilty then Gabi won’t go back to him.  That means Chloe stays with Stephan.  I gave myself a headache typing that.  

EJ never came across as a guy who would feel guilty about anything he has done.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Nicole looks better with the slightly darker hair. Even her outfit was good. At least she was honest with Johnny about coming out of his dad’s room. Plus the his dad wasn’t feeling well.

Wonder if Allie called her brother from the airport to say so long.

Hope Gabi got a letter for Will to take with Arianna to go to New Zealand. Guess the kid wants summer.

Brady, Sloan may figure out that someone went through her bag. You could be causing issues for Eric - that he let you snoop.

How many DiMera shares do you have, Li?

Johnny is pretty smart to trip over a bottle of something in Stefan’s office. Take it to a lab, Johnny. Don’t tell folks.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Others have given the background on this but one more thing to mention is that Comcast is Xfinity and Xfinity is Comcast.  And they're all under the same parent company which is why this feels like a kick in the teeth.  They absolutely did have a choice.

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
15 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

A discount promo is supposed to be offered around that time to get customers to keep it. No specifics announced yet on the exact discount. 

What Cox did when they ended the free promo, was give $2 a month off the $4.99 price for a year.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Who else is there?

Orpheus's daughter is there, along with her husband and child, and dead Jordan's son, the one who Rafe was raising originally.  Now Sonny, Will, Allie, Henry and Arianna are there as well.

It could be like Gremlins 2.

• LOL 3
45 minutes ago, boes said:

Orpheus's daughter is there, along with her husband and child, and dead Jordan's son, the one who Rafe was raising originally.  Now Sonny, Will, Allie, Henry and Arianna are there as well.

It could be like Gremlins 2.

Don’t forget about Evan - who was taking Jan’s and his baby there. Until she clonked him into the river. We don’t know if he ever got to NZ.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
30 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Don’t forget about Evan - who was taking Jan’s and his baby there. Until she clonked him into the river. We don’t know if he ever got to NZ.

I'm willing to believe he swam the whole way to NZ. It's Salem afterall and it would still be less ridiculous than this afterlife crap. Plus it gives me hope there could be an Evan/Allie pairing at some point. The actors had good chemistry. Now they could be 'reoccurring' together. 

• Like 4
16 hours ago, tribeca said:

EJ never came across as a guy who would feel guilty about anything he has done.  

EJ did tear up when Sami finally got it through his thick skull that what he did to her was rape when he stalked her and Lucas's '07 honeymoon, so maybe?????  It took several attempts by Sami to let him know that, though.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

The whole 'stay married to me for 6 months' thing is like catnip to me. Thanks, Ron! Although, I'm afraid it's going to go south now that Eric's dumb ass helped Brady for no reason lol. Just say no to Stefan/Gabi Part 2 please, show!

Petty little bitch Rafe is my fave Rafe. He is so damn fun.

I was hoping for a bit more of Wendy/Johnny investigating.

Yea, I'm over EJ/Nicole. They're a little too like quaint for me now. They've lost the edge.

• Like 3

I enjoyed Eric lying and scheming.   He was so happy when Jada and Rafe bought his act. 
Rafe was petty and had some good one liners.  
Gabi and Li are going to have their own little rom com yeah I love it.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Others have given the background on this but one more thing to mention is that Comcast is Xfinity and Xfinity is Comcast.  And they're all under the same parent company which is why this feels like a kick in the teeth.  They absolutely did have a choice.

This this this!  I was about to post something similar so thank you @Irlandesafor seeing it the same way as me.  Comcast  (or is it NBC Universal?) owns both Peacock and Xfinity, so it's a big FU to the folks who subscribe to Xfinity  - in an age when soooo many people have cut cable - to start charging for Peacock. We're already paying for $$$ in cable service which, no matter what cable tier you choose, I'm sure costs more than subscribing to Peacock alone.

And sucks for me that I am into the sports (soccer and hockey) which aren't "freely" available (like NFL) so I have to pay $$$ to access to those sports on cable/streaming.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Gabi, don’t get sucked in by the lure of the preciousssssss, er, shares. Six months with Li? It might be fun or a disaster.

Eric, you did a good job pretending to be off your moral high horse. Jada sure moved on from you rather quickly. You did both her and snarky Rafe a favor by springing Rolf.

Johnny and Wendy make a decent detective team. I also enjoyed him talking to his dad about drug use. In front of Nicole. She has been decent the past bit. She and EJ did have a good talk about their relationship. Unless both have made some changes, it won’t work but at least she is willing to try to see where it goes. EJ also did get a sneak peek at the Salem Brain to figure out that Stefan is probably drugging him.

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Just because they were "quaint" today, it doesn't mean they've lost their edge.  I actually liked that they were quieter with each other.  Surely there'll be more "edge" going forward.

Meh, for me they've been boring for awhile now. Maybe a new story will get me back to enjoying them but I don't know. In general, I'm just kind of tired of Nicole and her bad hair lol.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3