Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...but won't she call the cops?

Unless Rafe is in on this, I don't see it going well.

I clearly don't understand the plan 😄

That's okay. Neither do the writers. And I use that term loosely.

• LOL 13

Honestly, I doubt Kristen would call the cops. She clearly (and rightfully lol) thinks they're idiots. She'll try to find Rachel herself or get Dimera goons to do it.

It doesn't seem like Brady and Eric really thought this all the way through though, which is obviously not surprising at all coming from those 2.

• LOL 8

What's the goal anyway? Distract Kristen with the kidnapping so John can look for the orchid...?

Considering how many lives are at stake here, why not bring Steve in...and Roman...and Tripp...pretty much everyone cares about or is related to Doc, Kayla and Kate. The whole town could chip in if it means screwing over Kristen. Then at least they could brainstorm a decent plan.

Hell, Rafe and the cops could be secretly searching for the orchid if Brady told them he was being essentially held hostage by Kristen.

Everybody in Salem always keeps the secret when they're being blackmailed and acts like they can handle it on their own by giving in to the offending party when they obviously shouldn't (hi Lani!) and yet we're supposed to see these people as rational adults.

Brady and Eric need backup and there are a good dozen people who'd be willing to help or look the other way...including the flipping DA!

Bozos.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Starting to think Arianne hurt her arm for real, because they usually don’t keep slings on that long unless it’s for a plot point and it hid her lovely dress.

I liked all the dresses at the wedding, except for the one SH had on. She’s in great shape, but I don’t think it did anything for her.

Remington is getting better, but I feel nothing for Li. I suspect they’ll keep him and Kristen involved somehow. Meh.

Happy New Year, everyone! 💫

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

What's the goal anyway? Distract Kristen with the kidnapping so John can look for the orchid...?

I guess turn over the orchid and she gets to see Rachel again.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 12/30/2022 at 1:13 PM, RedElf said:

I'm shocked that Chloe and Stefan didn't get married, but she'll probably wind up pregnant.

They might be married, but Gabi is, too, so no big deal to annul them both. Both were victims of fraud. I AM surprised that they let Gabi's wedding go all the way through.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

So same.

Plus, like, attempting to murder someone and brainwashing them is not exactly the worst thing a Salemite has done. I can let it go lol.

Exactly.

Your post reminded me of the best line of last week.  When someone said something to EJ about Stefan being brainwashed, EJ said, it was more like a "light rinse".

I think you could always brainwash a Salemite and do it on the 'Fast' cycle.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Plus, like, attempting to murder someone and brainwashing them is not exactly the worst thing a Salemite has done. I can let it go lol.

I'm not a lawyer, but can you murder someone who is already legally dead? That feels like a loophole that Sloane - I'm assuming -should use to get Li off. "Li can't kill a dead man. The worst he did was disrespect a living corpse. 5 months probation."

Speaking of Stefan, does Chad know that Stefan is alive again? Does Stefan know that Abby is dead? I vaguely remember someone telling him about Abby but can't remember. Does Stefan know that Vivian is in jail? Does Stefan know that Lani is in jail for murder? Does Eli know that Stefan is alive? So many questions.

• Like 7
4 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I'm not a lawyer, but can you murder someone who is already legally dead? That feels like a loophole that Sloane - I'm assuming -should use to get Li off. "Li can't kill a dead man. The worst he did was disrespect a living corpse. 5 months probation."

Speaking of Stefan, does Chad know that Stefan is alive again? Does Stefan know that Abby is dead? I vaguely remember someone telling him about Abby but can't remember. Does Stefan know that Vivian is in jail? Does Stefan know that Lani is in jail for murder? Does Eli know that Stefan is alive? So many questions.

There was a scene, early on when Stefan came back, where he and Chad talked in the Dimera living room and he was filled in on Abby's death. EJ was there, too, I think.  I don't remember any scenes since then with the two of them, though.  I think he met with Vivian at the prison, something to do with him getting his shares back from Gabi??

I don't know what he knows about Lani, or what Eli knows about him.  I don't remember, did he have a storyline with those two?  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, boes said:

There was a scene, early on when Stefan came back, where he and Chad talked in the Dimera living room and he was filled in on Abby's death. EJ was there, too, I think.  I don't remember any scenes since then with the two of them, though.  I think he met with Vivian at the prison, something to do with him getting his shares back from Gabi??

I don't know what he knows about Lani, or what Eli knows about him.  I don't remember, did he have a storyline with those two?  

Lani shot and "killed" Stefan. That was the reason for Vivian stealing the twins later.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
17 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Lmao but you’re so right. It should be a breeze to get Li acquitted.

I absolutely loved everything about the Li and Li/Wendy scenes today. So much unintentional comedy and drama and even some heartwarming stuff because Li and Wendy are just great as siblings.

I also enjoyed all the Eric/Brady/Kristin scenes. Brady’s facial expressions were hilarious and I am just loving Eric right now. I liked the brief Sloane/Rachel and Sloane/Eric scenes, too. Oh, and the cut from Kristin wailing about Rachel to Rachel and Sloane just sitting there chilling was hilarious.

The Chloe/Stefan/Gabi scenes weren’t great but NB giving nothing was kinda fun lol.

• Like 9

Poor Sloane having to watch cartoons with Rachel! While Kristen is screaming about her being gone. Eric pretending to make himself a sandwich. Brady just standing like nothing is wrong.

At least Stefan got his own room and all of them maybe need to keep apart for a while.

I liked the Li and Wendy scenes. And him not answering Rolf’s call because he was in the middle of his wedding ceremony.

At least Nicole said no to EJ.

• Like 6

After a few good days, I thought today's episode was mostly boring.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I thought Sarah was the highlight. 

Gwen and Xander made no sense.

Will and Sonny's argument was a repeat of what we've already heard, and they settled on "we'll agree to disagree." While that's a very adult thing to do, it's a boring thing to watch.

Chad and Ben was a boring rivalry that only got exciting after Ben became a serial killer. Chad and Alex seems like it'll be just as boring.

• Like 4

I mostly liked everything I watched; I skipped the Chad/Stephanie/Alex scenes unless Thomas and Charlotte were in them.

Does Sarah know that non-cropped tops exist?

Sonny still not bringing up Will befriending Ben was so stupid. I won't forget, writers!

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

The neighbors in Li's hotel should be complaining to the front desk about all of the noise coming out of his room.

How many bedrooms do Jarlena have in that penthouse?

Rachel is just like Sloan. No wonder I don't like either one of them.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

Todays show was boring.   
Gwen get your hands off Zander.  Zander you are just acting stupid 

Leo no wonder you fail as a conman.   If anyone was paying attention to you they would see how guilty you look and act. 
Will you are right but your agreement bores me. 
Alex you are just gross.  
Eric you are pretty.  You were not on today’s episode but you need to be included.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Maybe Marlena bought the unit next to hers or below hers to have an extra 3 bedrooms. And mini kitchen.

Guess winter really hasn’t hit Salem in that Sarah wears crop tops. And high waisted jeans.

I liked Bonnie slugging Xander. Leo was getting really flustered when the polyester suit was mentioned.

No interest in a Chad, Alex, and Stephanie triangle.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Sonny still not bringing up Will befriending Ben was so stupid. I won't forget, writers!

This!  I kept waiting for Sonny to ask Will why he thought a serial killer was somehow more likely to change than a simple conman.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No interest in a Chad, Alex, and Stephanie triangle.

I thought the Rafe/Ava/Nicole triangle was a snooze. This one is giving it a run for their money.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
21 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Episodes like today seriously make me question if Maggie loves Xander more than Sarah.

When Maggie was basically like, 'Sarah, who cares about what Xander did you're being over dramatic,' I was like well damn lol.

Another good episode, minus Chand/Stephanie/Alex, of course. I need to check twitter and see if they have any traction over there. I'm hoping not so that I can hope the writers will realize the'y're a snoozefest and drop it.

• Like 5

Gwen, Jada is the smart one. Not Rafe. Eventually, Leo will be exposed.

Maggie knew what/who Victor was and still married him - for his other side. Xander is diet Victor. Xander looked pretty sincere when he was explaining his actions. Sarah probably will forgive him at some point.

Alex, Stephanie can have any male friends she wants. Chad also works with her. Dull triangle.

• Like 4
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

When Maggie was basically like, 'Sarah, who cares about what Xander did you're being over dramatic.' I was like well damn lol.

She is married to Victor the man who once sent goons after her daughter Melissa to hurt her so.... 

• Like 5

My favorite scene of the day was when Chad told Stephanie that they'd always be connected because they're family.  As in cousins-in-law, right?

Sorta like Stephanie and ALEX are family, too, as in step cousins!?!

I guess Stephanie, Alex and Chad keep all their Flowers in the Attic.

My only problem with Xander inadvertently kidnapping Bonnie is that he let her get away.

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1

In the episode earlier in the week where Leo was in Alex's bed, I noticed they covered up RSW's upper back tattoo that he had when he was Ben. It looked like a squggle or signature, but on Alex the ink wasn't on his back. 

• Useful 4
20 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I forget how Xander even had the money for Bonnie to steal in the first place. Where did it come from? With the way Xander wants to live, 1 million wasn't gonna last long anyway.

If I remember correctly, Sami gave him 1 million dollars to not kill her and Lucas. I think Lucas was there. This was when they were trapped in the secret room together. Someone - I honestly can't remember who - paid Xander to kill them, and Sami upped their offer. Afterward, he walks out, and Marlena runs into him in the Dimera living room holding a gun. Marlena seemed only mildly surprised by the image. It was honestly hilarious.

I have to give EM and SH props on showing the really hateful antipathy between Brady and Kristen without making EM/Brady seem abusive. One thing I hated about the Brady/Theresa relationship was when 6'2 Brady would tower over a cowering 5'2 Theresa. Even though Theresa was a scheming vixen and Brady was rightfully upset, it still gave off domestic abuse imagery on Brady's part. SH doesn't cower before Brady, EM does a better job of balancing rage and control with SH, and SH must be standing on a box since she looks about 5'10 or 5'11 in their scenes together. SH is 5'7 in real life.  I think SH has become really uneven in her acting, but I do think she does well when she plays cartoon villain.

Have Brady and Eric actually done anything illegal? Best I can remember, Brady has full custody of Rachel, and Eric has Brady's permission to keep Rachel. Brady even knows where Rachel is physically located and is checking in on her. Technically, no kidnapping has occurred since Kristen doesn't have parental rights. As long as Brady could keep Kristen from calling the cops and making a false report, Brady and Eric and presumably Sloan should have nothing to worry about from a legal standpoint.

A strong episode I would say. 

• Like 10
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I forget how Xander even had the money for Bonnie to steal in the first place. Where did it come from? With the way Xander wants to live, 1 million wasn't gonna last long anyway.

Sami paid him 1 million to announce at Eric and Nicole's anniversary party that he had slept with the bride. Xander had so much fun he said he would have done it for free... which  he kind of did in the end

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

If I remember correctly, Sami gave him 1 million dollars to not kill her and Lucas. I think Lucas was there. This was when they were trapped in the secret room together. Someone - I honestly can't remember who - paid Xander to kill them, and Sami upped their offer. Afterward, he walks out, and Marlena runs into him in the Dimera living room holding a gun. Marlena seemed only mildly surprised by the image. It was honestly hilarious.

That was the first million, EJ wired it to him then retracted it. The second million was paid to him for telling Eric he slept with Nicole. Sami gave that to him cash which he stupidly left lying around his hotel room

The whole Xander hit on Sami and Lucas was played for laughs. I liked when one of them whacked the gun out of his hand and he was wailing his wrist was broken and Sami checked it out and told him to stop whining it was fine.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

It was Kristen who paid Xander to murder Sami and Lucas because they were in a position to reveal her masquerading as Susan. The negotiations about Sami's life being worth more than Lucas' were also very funny... although EJ eventually pulled back that payment and Xander later got the money from Sami to blow up the Eric/Nicole marriage.

I have to give EM and SH props on showing the really hateful antipathy between Brady and Kristen without making EM/Brady seem abusive. One thing I hated about the Brady/Theresa relationship was when 6'2 Brady would tower over a cowering 5'2 Theresa. Even though Theresa was a scheming vixen and Brady was rightfully upset, it still gave off domestic abuse imagery on Brady's part. SH doesn't cower before Brady, EM does a better job of balancing rage and control with SH, and SH must be standing on a box since she looks about 5'10 or 5'11 in their scenes together. SH is 5'7 in real life. 

Much as I don't care for Brady/Kristen, I think that they're also just a better physical match than some of Brady's other pairings. EM is such a big guy-- not only tall but broad-shouldered-- that it's easy for him to give off creepy dominating vibes while doing normal soapy emoting. I also used to flinch during Brady/Melanie scenes because even though they didn't really argue, MB is so tiny that EM's contortions to get himself in the same camera frame with her looked painful.

Obviously in the real world height has zero to do with couples looking great together or being great together. But in soap world, viewed through a camera, sometimes it matters.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

I am guessing that it won't be until after Xander and Gwen have sex and she gets pregnant.

I am assuming that Sarah will be pregnant and it will draw her back to Xander

GOD BRADY WHY ARE YOU SO DUMB??

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Sami paid him 1 million to announce at Eric and Nicole's anniversary party that he had slept with the bride. Xander had so much fun he said he would have done it for free... which  he kind of did in the end

5 hours ago, Panopticon said:

It was Kristen who paid Xander to murder Sami and Lucas because they were in a position to reveal her masquerading as Susan. The negotiations about Sami's life being worth more than Lucas' were also very funny... although EJ eventually pulled back that payment and Xander later got the money from Sami to blow up the Eric/Nicole marriage.

I literally forgot all about the second million dollars and the Eric/Nicole anniversary party. But now that you two mention it, I so clearly remember the scenes now. It's so odd how memory works. 

Thank you.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, Panopticon said:

Much as I don't care for Brady/Kristen, I think that they're also just a better physical match than some of Brady's other pairings. EM is such a big guy-- not only tall but broad-shouldered-- that it's easy for him to give off creepy dominating vibes while doing normal soapy emoting. I also used to flinch during Brady/Melanie scenes because even though they didn't really argue, MB is so tiny that EM's contortions to get himself in the same camera frame with her looked painful.

Obviously in the real world height has zero to do with couples looking great together or being great together. But in soap world, viewed through a camera, sometimes it matters.

NOTHING makes Brady palatable with a pycho murderer rapist. Kristen needs to become mulch.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Rachel was having too much fun being makeup artist to Uncle Eric. He was also a good sport. Red lipstick and all.

I don’t know if Brady has done anything illegal, either. He has custody, he knows where Rachel is, she is being well taken care of, Sloan is showing a softer side, etc. Almost making me like her.

I did like him and Kristen hashing it out without making it abusive or creepy.

So orchid shot 1 is wearing off already?  Why did Rex come now? CDC asks for 90 day updates? Wonder who has the orchid and better yet, if they have been watering it. I kill plants just by looking at them.

How convenient that the orchid dose is wearing off on all the ladies within hours.

• Like 7
13 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I have to give EM and SH props on showing the really hateful antipathy between Brady and Kristen without making EM/Brady seem abusive. One thing I hated about the Brady/Theresa relationship was when 6'2 Brady would tower over a cowering 5'2 Theresa. Even though Theresa was a scheming vixen and Brady was rightfully upset, it still gave off domestic abuse imagery on Brady's part. SH doesn't cower before Brady, EM does a better job of balancing rage and control with SH

Yes.  I never liked how Brady would hulk over Theresa and get RIGHT IN HER FACE when he was mad at her for something.

They've actually done this "kidnapping" thing better than I feared (like a lot of you, I also agree that it is perfectly legal for Brady to allow his brother to take Rachel for a limited period of time.)  They haven't dragged it out and done a lot of stupid things to cover.  Brady admitted it and Kristen caved.  I'm actually curious of the missing orchid is legitimate or a ruse.

• Like 6

Holy **** Kristen! Are you going senile? A little too young to be forgetting your pants. 😳Why are they dressing her like she is in her 20s? That getup was embarrassing on a 50+ woman, I don’t care how fit & slim you are. Only the very young can pull this off or you look like trash or a streetwalker. 

• Like 4

Another pretty good episode.

I was kinda shocked the show referenced Chad's relationship with Jordan. I guess it was one of RC's nudge nudge, wink wink moments since RSW immediately called Stephanie after "the physical therapist" was mentioned. 

The Evans/Black clan was hypnotic. I thought everyone including Kristen really elevated the material. It really felt like an umbrella storyline with months of plot climaxing to the women collapsing one by one and Kate dying. I was on the edge of my seat.

Chad/Alex/Stephanie is still the weakest link on the show. I still think Abby/Chad should have just been given a happily ever after and written off. There are more than enough male Dimeras on this show. Quite frankly, too many.

• Like 6
On 12/2/2022 at 2:18 AM, methodwriter85 said:

On 12/1/2022 at 11:08 PM, Frozendiva said:
On 12/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, 4evaQuez said:

I've believed that the show writes Eric like they've traditionally written heroines. 

images.jpg.5cfc4fb25f579fe9d3fdd5c3477e06bf.jpg

Can you blame them? Young Adult Eric looked positively like an angel from the heavens!

Amen! Didn’t like the way Eric handled that situation.

HOWEVEVER..if JA was still in the role…I’d forgive his selfish high and mighty stance on this 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• LOL 1