Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E05: Big Fat Sex Reveal

• Start Topic

As Babs settles into her new senior living community, Whitney partners with a drag queen to throw Ashley a gender reveal party and agrees to teach Jessica a dance for her upcoming wedding.

TLC

Air Date:Sep 6, 2022

I gave Jessica too much credit. Those two pissed me off not having those dogs on leashes.

The drag show was awful and creepy to me and why were they all dressed like they were going to the supermarket.

Heather's date was so unnecessary, like wtf are they going to a bar and neither one of them drinks and they both order pineapple juice. 

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I gave Jessica too much credit. Those two pissed me off not having those dogs on leashes.

The drag show was awful and creepy to me and why were they all dressed like they were going to the supermarket.

Heather's date was so unnecessary, like wtf are they going to a bar and neither one of them drinks and they both order pineapple juice. 

What really pissed me off is that after Jessica's dogs went after the poodle (don't know the name), Whitney and Jessica went ahead and let the three dogs sniff at the poodle again, while the poodle stood there, scared to death.  Three against one.  Yeah, that sounds fair.  Stupid assholes.  Do what you want with your life, but leave the animals out of this. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

I'm actually enjoying Lenny this season. He was such a blank first time around. Now, he's funny and seems cool. I felt bad for him when she kept making fun of his teeth. You could tell he's self conscious about them. Even though they look perfectly fine to me. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
21 minutes ago, Pi237 said:

I'm actually enjoying Lenny this season. He was such a blank first time around. Now, he's funny and seems cool. I felt bad for him when she kept making fun of his teeth. You could tell he's self conscious about them. Even though they look perfectly fine to me. 

The comments about Lenny’s teeth really annoyed me.  Somehow, I think they were producer driven, but I would have refused.  That’s just plain mean.  Someone says their family couldn’t afford dental care and then you double down on the diss…..not ok!  I’m still not sure how the braces are supposed to lengthen Whit’s back teeth to align with her front ones.  Hmmm…. 

Glenn is resolute in not retiring.  That is clear.  He should continue doing what he enjoys.  Tending to Bab’s around the clock is not feasible.  They should be encouraging him to get away from the AL as much as possible. Babs has a full day of activities.  

The sex reveal seemed to be a reality show obligatory event.  It’s overdone and no longer really relevant , but is an excuse to have a party.  Wouldn’t a baby shower worked just as well?  

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

I miss Todd and his confessionals. The only one not afraid to call out Shitney for the mess that she is. 

Why did Lenny have to take Whitney to the dentist? So lame. 

Todd, Buddy and Tal hardly shown and Lenny, Jessica, sick Babs and Glen front and center. Are we really going to have to watch Jessica's wedding? Who gives a rat's ass and who thought it was a good idea to feature her on this season?  It's not entertaining at all. 

Big, Fat, Fabulous Life. Big and Fat for sure. Fabulous no way. 

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Shauna said:

What really pissed me off is that after Jessica's dogs went after the poodle (don't know the name), Whitney and Jessica went ahead and let the three dogs sniff at the poodle again, while the poodle stood there, scared to death.  Three against one.  Yeah, that sounds fair.  Stupid assholes.  Do what you want with your life, but leave the animals out of this. 

I feel sorry for any animal that comes into her life. Remember the fate of the pig she bought for Babs??

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

I did laugh at Whitney saying, 'Don't you know what happens when you let a drag queen rub your belly?!'.  I forget her name, but the drag queen seemed like a fun hang. Her makeup was awesome.  But yeah, it seemed like everyone just dropped by on their way home from running errands. 

Jessica's wedding stress was annoying, and Heather's 'date' was also a waste of time,  but I did give her points for taking the charcuterie with her. 

• Love 1

Todd is the highlight of the show and he’s being wasted. Perhaps, they had different storylines that had to be ditched when Babs got sick and the schedule changed.  Perhaps, the real storylines will be implemented, if they have another season.  Has Jessica changed?  Why can’t she just put her foot down on how she wants the wedding.  I have a pet peeve about dogs and very young children in a wedding.  I think the recommendation is for children they should be school age.  I’m not sure what the age is for dogs.  😆

• Love 6

The drag queen sex reveal party looked so cheap and stupid and isn’t the whole idea that the reveal be a surprise??  She yelled “it’s a boy!” and then popped the balloon…. and why was Ashley dressed like a pope? The whole drag queen thing for every occasion is sooo old, every reality show has done it more than once, it’s no longer interesting… stick a fork in it… it’s DUN!

I couldn’t give a rats ass about Jessica or her wedding, she’s such a sourpuss about everything… why is she getting married if the whole thing is so annoying… elope and stfu!

Heathers date was so awkward it couldn’t end soon enough to please me… total SNOREFEST!!!!!

I’m still trying to figure out what’s up with this sudden return of lennie…. I have a sneaking suspicion that they’re going to wind up falling into bed together and lennie will be the new man in Whits life… bye bye fake Le Blur.

Looks like next week we get to watch Whitney pole dancing and laying on the floor twerking, lord help us! 😳

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect hates me!
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Heathers date was so awkward it couldn’t end soon enough to please me… total SNOREFEST!!!!!

I’m still trying to figure out what’s up with this sudden return of lennie…. I have a sneaking suspicion that they’re going to wind up falling into bed together and lennie will be the new man in Whits life… bye bye fake Le Blur.

Looks like next week we get to watch Whitney pole dancing and laying on the floor twerking, lord help us! 😳

I think Lennie has taken the place of Buddy, he's her caretaker and 'friend' and 'assistant' like Buddy and Donna used be. Plus he flirts with her as a bonus. 

I'm ashamed to admit I find Lennie 'hot' with his beard, but those times we saw him clean shaven he was like whole other person.

Pretty sure we've seen her pole dancing before have't we.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

My dog in heaven, does Whitney *never* cover her body in public?  Nobody else is visiting the old folks wearing a goddam sports bra and cringingly clinging tights.  My mother was in a joint exactly like Abbotswood, and I swear the staff might well have asked a visitor dressed like Whitney to go to her loved one's room to wait, or go home and put some clothes on.

In my mother's place, the living room was always pretty full of old folks reading the paper, or magazines, or chatting.  They worked jigsaw puzzles there together.  They were all dressed nicely, all coiffed and everything (on-site hair salon), and they were all having a good time.

I am charitably choosing to believe it was the presence of the tv crew which chased the old folks out of their living room, but it can't help that their *home* was invaded by this braying, half-naked crazy person and her family.  They went to a lot of trouble to furnish Babs's apartment for their comfort; why won't they let the rest of the community have their living room back and go film in Babs's apartment?

The only reason I can see for Whitney et al. being in the communal living room was to let her greet the old guy by name (showing how involved she is in the life of the facility) and to bring up the threat of dance lessons.

These old people don't want dance lessons from Whitney.  Mother's facility had occasional dances, and the old folks danced the way they did when they didn't live in an ALF.  Is Whitney going to teach them to twerk?  What dance move we've seen her do would appeal to people in their 70s, 80s, 90s?

And will Whitney wear her dance class bra and tights to demonstrate all these moves?

Edited by Mothra
clarity, more thoughts
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, LEILANI2 said:

Pretty sure we've seen her pole dancing before have't we.

If we’ve seen her pole dance before my brain must have taken drastic actions and blocked it from my memory lest I puke!

I’m sure you’re right since they have a few tired old themes on these reality shows and they recycle them every few years. 

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The drag queen sex reveal party looked so cheap and stupid and isn’t the whole idea that the reveal be a surprise??  She yelled “it’s a boy!” and then popped the balloon….

robert-de-niro-lol.gif

I forgot about the snoozefest this week, but that fact that they can’t get even the simplest things right on this show amuses me to no end. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 3
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m still not sure how the braces are supposed to lengthen Whit’s back teeth to align with her front ones.  Hmmm…. 

This!!

7 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why did Lenny have to take Whitney to the dentist? So lame

Ikr!   Why did he have to sit in the actual exam room with her?   Like .. who does that?   She can't even do that by herself.   But I'm sure the show had something to do with it

• Love 6

why was Ashley dressed like a pope?

The theme was "Kings and Queens" and Ashley was the queen.

I am charitably choosing to believe it was the presence of the tv crew which chased the old folks out of their living room

Probably though I think COVID was still a thing then too and that might have limited how many people they had in a common area at any given time as well.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

I wonder if there’s dental work for Lenny in the future on the show.

Whit was carefully choosing her words when she described how Babs wasn’t too crazy about staying in AL.  That’s a common thing based on what I’ve seen.  Often, the people who need the most care, are the ones who are the most unhappy in AL.  It’s as if they can’t appreciate how much work is required to help them.  

I must have missed it, but what exactly is Hunter doing in Atlanta?  He has a house there?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, suev3333 said:

Why did he have to sit in the actual exam room with her?   Like .. who does that?   She can't even do that by herself.   But I'm sure the show had something to do with it

And she made sure to make an inappropriate comment about him getting "quite the view" from where he was sitting.  Gross. But that's all of these shows. I'm always grossed out by how much penis, vagina, sex talk there is on reality tv-when in actual reality, I rarely hear anyone talk that way.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Ok, I just watched and the reveal was so raggedy…even for this show. I’m confused why did purple balloons come out? Did they say purple was a boy beforehand? I zoned out when the random people were added into the reveal…this episode really stunk.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I must have missed it, but what exactly is Hunter doing in Atlanta?  He has a house there?

He's an actor. He does character work and supporting roles. He has never been a lead in anything but seems to work fairly steadily.  He feels there are a lot of acting opportunities in ATL. I would think he would move to LA for that and was living in NY until Covid hit. I'm not quite getting when ATL became such a hotbed for actors but I guess Hunty knows what he's doing. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Ok, I just watched and the reveal was so raggedy…even for this show. I’m confused why did purple balloons come out? Did they say purple was a boy beforehand? I zoned out when the random people were added into the reveal…this episode really stunk.

None of it made any sense… it looked cheap and shabby… to me it looks like they’ve given up and aren’t even trying anymore…. add a bunch of random people, do a boring name game, pop a balloon with purple balloons inside because no one could be bothered to buy blue balloons and do a silly dance… Tal, Buddy, Tod and the others looked bored to death and just wanted to leave.

Everyone looks like they’re fed up filming for TV and are just doing as little as possible and going through the motions to pickup a pay check….Jessica’s wedding is so mundane, she’s cranky and looks like she’d rather be doing anything else, I guess she’s just filming it for the show to save money, her fiancé is boring… blech!

Heather’s date was stupid, the only thing she was excited about was the charcuterie.

• Love 5

It looks like Babs was holding this show together.  Lol. Well, I bet they’ll miss the income, but Whit is likely going to have her hands full helping with her mom.  She’ll have plenty of things to do to keep her busy.  Having a renter will help pay the bills.  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Shauna said:

In the first place, if we're to believe the sequence of events as shown, Whitney didn't even know Jessica's dogs were in the yard, so her Poodle (don't know name either since Whitney constantly calls her various nicknames) wouldn't have known either, then they just let the Poodle out into what she considered her territory and a safe place to be only to find three other dogs suddenly rushing her, then like you wrote she was forced to endure them all inspecting her while terrified, like that was going to help them get along.  That dog seems pretty timid in general (all dogs seem timid compared to my Boxers though lol) and I wouldn't be surprised if she's forever nervous about going into her own yard now especially if they continue sticking her in these situations without warning.  One of the first rules of dog introductions is to do it in a neutral place, never on or near the property of any of the dogs so none feel territorial, and all dogs should arrive at the same time so that none have been there long enough to start thinking of the area as theirs.  Jessica's dogs were in Whitney's yard and from their point of view, that Poodle was suddenly intruding in "their" space.  What a mess.  Whitney should never own any dog.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

He's an actor. He does character work and supporting roles. He has never been a lead in anything but seems to work fairly steadily.  He feels there are a lot of acting opportunities in ATL. I would think he would move to LA for that and was living in NY until Covid hit. I'm not quite getting when ATL became such a hotbed for actors but I guess Hunty knows what he's doing. 

Hunter probably is there because a lot of movies are shot in Atlanta because of tax incentives and there are several studios there, plus it’s a cheaper cost of living than LA.

45 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Heather’s date was stupid, the only thing she was excited about was the charcuterie.

I skipped over most of  Heather’s scene. They were somehow even less exciting than the reveal.  Heather always comes off as awkward when it comes to talking about her love life.  I’m not sure if she’s this way because she’s thrown into corny setups like the date tonight or she’s just awkward in general.  

I understood when Ashley said her boyfriend didn’t want to come to the reveal, who can blame him? He probably didn’t want to be spanked by Whitney.  She’s such a weirdo.  I’m also surprised Whitney let the drag queen take center stage while she was dancing in the background.  I expected her to run up and start twerking on him.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Kid said:

I feel sorry for any animal that comes into her life. Remember the fate of the pig she bought for Babs??

I remember the pig, then they were having some kind of issues with trying to keep this large livestock animal in a city yard (who would have guessed anything like this might happen???) then it was rehomed, I don't know if they ever gave details on where the pig went but I know there are many more unwanted pet pigs than there are homes.  What did happen, slaughterhouse?  Whitney ate it?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, MaddyMaeboxerbabe said:

@Boxer Woman your boxer is adorable!  I have an almost 9 year old female boxer.  Still nuts but I adore her :). 

Thank you!  Boxers are the best.  :)

8 hours ago, LEILANI2 said:

I think Lennie has taken the place of Buddy, he's her caretaker and 'friend' and 'assistant' like Buddy and Donna used be. Plus he flirts with her as a bonus. 

I agree, and also think Lennie's back on the show and in Whitney's life because he needs money.  He was talking about how he wanted to get his teeth fixed on the way to Whitney's dentist appointment, probably hoping the show or Whitney will pay for that also.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

I remember the pig, then they were having some kind of issues with trying to keep this large livestock animal in a city yard (who would have guessed anything like this might happen???) then it was rehomed, I don't know if they ever gave details on where the pig went but I know there are many more unwanted pet pigs than there are homes.  What did happen, slaughterhouse?  Whitney ate it?

The pig died shortly after being 'rehomed' of an infection, it was in a follow up episode. I figured they actually sent it to a slaughterhouse too and the rehoming plot was scripted so her and Babs could be 'victims' and cry in a few more episodes over it.

Edited by LEILANI2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jessica does not want the big wedding at all.  She practically dissociated at one point when Whitney and Isaiah were yapping at her about dances and who was going down the aisle when and such.  It was really striking to me.  There is something more going on with her.

I agree about the living room in the AL place.  I suspect that there were still COVID restrictions on the number of people in the room and also that maybe the other residents didn't want to sign filming releases.  Either way, they could have just gone up to Babs's room.

From the previews, when Whitney was laying on the floor twerking, it looked more like a seizure to me.  And she needs to put some clothes on.  Flopping around in a sports bra and leggings is just not appropriate for public places.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

If I remember correctly, the pig died suddenly of some disease or other. I do recall the wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments Whitney performed upon receiving that phone call.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The theme was "Kings and Queens" and Ashley was the queen.

Probably though I think COVID was still a thing then too and that might have limited how many people they had in a common area at any given time as well.

Well, if Abbotswood is anything like the ASF here in Bucks Co PA (read:  rich old folks), they closed the facility down to outsiders and vaccinated (and boosted) all the residents, who were not allowed to leave the facility for a couple of months. 

You might be right, though:  Maybe they declared the living room off-limits for the filming--which takes me back to my point:  why didn't they film in Babs's apartment instead of taking over the communal living room?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Well, if Abbotswood is anything like the ASF here in Bucks Co PA (read:  rich old folks), they closed the facility down to outsiders and vaccinated (and boosted) all the residents, who were not allowed to leave the facility for a couple of months. 

You might be right, though:  Maybe they declared the living room off-limits for the filming--which takes me back to my point:  why didn't they film in Babs's apartment instead of taking over the communal living room?

Too small, maybe?

16 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He feels there are a lot of acting opportunities in ATL. I would think he would move to LA for that and was living in NY until Covid hit. I'm not quite getting when ATL became such a hotbed for actors but I guess Hunty knows what he's doing. 

It seems like a lot of  TV shows are filmed in Georgia.
https://www.georgia.org/industries/film-entertainment/georgia-film-tv-production/now-filming-georgia

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So here's what I'm not interested in:

• Babs and the old folks home
  • Glen's retirement
  • people sitting around talking in masks
  • Whitney's braces
  • Pretend wedding angst
  • Heather's fake date
  • Drag queens

The good news is, with FF I was able to watch this episode in no time 😄

• Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

Heather's so fake date  - not much shown in the episode, and so awkward - the hugs, the small talk, the exit...   The whole thing was just dumb.  Neither one supposedly drinks wine (or other alcohol), so let's meet at a wine bar and drink pineapple juice? And they didn't  even try to give the appearance of making it look like a reasonable length date. Suddenly  it was "Gotta go, and oh, I'll  take this charcuterie with me."   Wonder what the rest of the footage was like...I guess there wouldn't be much footage for a speed date...

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Apparently there is quite a lot of film and TV work in Georgia. My friend's husband is a cameraman and they finally moved to Atlanta because he was always there for work. 

A friend of mine is a stunt actor and got no work until he moved to Atlanta. Since he did, he's been in so many movies and series that probably every one of us in this forum has seen him in something. I hope Hunter has a great future with whatever he does.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 9/7/2022 at 4:25 PM, Mothra said:

The only reason I can see for Whitney et al. being in the communal living room was to let her greet the old guy by name (showing how involved she is in the life of the facility) and to bring up the threat of dance lessons.

These old people don't want dance lessons from Whitney.  Mother's facility had occasional dances, and the old folks danced the way they did when they didn't live in an ALF.  Is Whitney going to teach them to twerk?  What dance move we've seen her do would appeal to people in their 70s, 80s, 90s?

Loved the wording!  Also, I would imagine that to teach dance classes to people of that demographic, would require a lot of sensitivity, and probably some training, about what moves are appropriate for muscles/joints/tendons for the average person of that age.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Whit was carefully choosing her words when she described how Babs wasn’t too crazy about staying in AL.  That’s a common thing based on what I’ve seen.  Often, the people who need the most care, are the ones who are the most unhappy in AL.  It’s as if they can’t appreciate how much work is required to help them.  

Whitney was an idiot to think that Babs living there was going to actually be some happy situation for Babs.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:45 PM, Joan of Argh said:

None of it made any sense… it looked cheap and shabby… to me it looks like they’ve given up and aren’t even trying anymore…. add a bunch of random people, do a boring name game, pop a balloon with purple balloons inside because no one could be bothered to buy blue balloons and do a silly dance…

You left off the fantastic song that the drag queen wrote.  When she was talking to Whitney and Ashley beforehand in the planning, she actually sold it as some sort of great thing that she would do.  

• Love 3
On 9/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, LuvMyShows said:

Loved the wording!  Also, I would imagine that to teach dance classes to people of that demographic, would require a lot of sensitivity, and probably some training, about what moves are appropriate for muscles/joints/tendons for the average person of that age.

And we know that Whit is not going to do that.  Remember the mess that was the No Barriers Summit?  I couldn't believe they invited her back for another year after that.  Plus seeing how she treats her parents when dealing with age related disabilities, I wouldn't exactly call her an advocate.

• Love 2

Do wine bars typically have pineapple juice? Is that not a super weird thing for a wine bar to just have laying around? Also the wine bar serves charcuterie in a cardboard box? Even if they are buying it pre-made, they could at least plate it before serving.

Edited by John M
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
On 9/12/2022 at 7:00 AM, Shauna said:

So Whitney is at her mother's retirement home dressed in leggings and an exercise top?  Really?  The same thing she would wear to a gym, she wears there?  Super gross. 

I’m starting to wonder if she’s not comfortable in clothing anymore… in the past she always complained about being too hot and would force her friends to sit in the car with the air conditioner blasting and all the windows rolled down in the middle of winter!…. She’s almost 40 now and isn’t nearly as nimble and active as she used to be…. I bet she’s hotter than hell and less clothing is mandatory.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by Joan of Argh
Autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I’m starting to wonder if she’s not comfortable in clothing anymore… in the past she always complained about being too hot and would force her friends to sit in the car with the air conditioner blasting and all the windows rolled down in the middle of winter!…. She’s almost 40 now and isn’t nearly as nimble and active as she used to be…. I bet she’s hotter than hell and less clothing is mandatory.  🤷‍♀️

I think she has always said that she isn’t comfortable in clothing. What I never understood is why skintight leggings and sports bras are more comfortable that drapery shirts or tunics. I have a favorite big sweater that is the most comfortable thing I own. I’d think Whitney would want the least binding clothing she could get. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4