Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E16: It’s Expensive to Be She

• Start Topic

Drew and Sheree attempt to broker peace between Marlo and Kenya by throwing them a joint surprise birthday party; Marlo’s nephews return to her home with new house rules; Sheree reaches out to an old friend for advice about Tyrone.

Airdate: 08.28.2022

A million dollars investment so far and no fashions (well, maybe there are some in Alaska…)?

Where did Sheree get a million dollars to invest in the first place.

I am picturing her going on Shark Tank and I keep laughing.

Everyone is rooting for Sheree including many of us viewers.

If she doesn’t come through:

B8BD6B80-D785-4A8D-837C-38913E798450.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6

And, Bravo brings back another one of their ex-cons!  They seem to have alot of them.

Kandi really brought the Sheree shade tonight.

Edited by Axie
  • Love 8

I can’t with Sheree. I’m like embarrassed for her. She’s asking Apollo for advice? Lmao! Sheree is kind of a joke.

Altho I was kind of finding Apollo hot so maybe I’m the joke lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

She is so fucking cheap and wonders why her shit is always janky … the assistant telling Kenya that that’s the best they could do model wise cause due to the budget sheree gave her made me LOL.. then Sheree bitching about the party bill with drew while wearing a 20k designer top. Girl shit all the way down 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I think Sheree has a fear of success/loves the attention of failure, I am sure there is something to the psychology of that otherwise why would she continually align herself with people who do not deliver the goods she pays for, does not want the help of experienced, successful business people and still does not learn anything from her past fails. Now she is inviting a known felon into her mix, other than him being a model (she said he has modeled before, as in being a model prisoner?), what is she expecting from Apollo? Will she gleem something from his felonious business acumen?  

Is Erika Jayne aware Bravo has named this episode after one of her seldom heard songs?

Drew is trying really hard to come up with a story line and so far nothing has really stuck, her injury and husband are just not enough and the party...the only thing that will stick with that is the bill, (Sheree will stick her with the bill), who spends $700+ on any one thing for a party in your house for 12 people and it looks like that? $500 for the DJ...are those women dancing $500 worth of a DJ? I would have plugged in my phone to a speaker and blasted all the Kandi Burrus hits.  

Marlo has done a disservice to her nephews, we all know it, she knows it too, essentially she sent them to live with someone who financially was not up to the task of taking on two teens, who lives a different lifestyle than Marlo (pretends to?) live then when the kids return she makes them recount why her house is so much better than the other house was.  Marlo should hire tutors for the kids and have a standing weekly therapy appointment, those kids need someone to talk to and help guide them thru the process of dealing with their mother's behavior and to fully understand it.

Kenya has no idea how to not poke the bear or how to lay down the gauntlet.

• Like 2
  • Love 15

This is the first of these I've watched of this season.  I see Kenya is still the try-hard villain. 

I mean, maybe she's not really trying that hard, she actually just seems to be a shit human.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

Marlo wanted to teach her nephews what it’s like to live poor so they would appreciate her more. Not sure it was the best approach. Plus it had to be tough on her sister. 
Drew and Sheree know damn well Kenya and Marlo aren’t going to make up. They did handle themselves fairly well so there’s that.
Sheree has no control over her own fashion show. She doesn’t design or make clothes so I don’t understand why she is still wasting money on this.  Then she calls on Apollo for life advice? She should change the name to Shit Show by Sheree.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

For the love of God, Sheree--- please, please listen to the advice Kenya & Kandi are offering you!

Sheree is not ready or serious to do anything . One,  she doesn't want to pay for anything ever !!  two, she does not know how to conduct business and to cheap to pay a real team of people that can take her to the next level.  It appears that Sheree would rather spend her money on clothes and material things than investing to keep her lively hood flowing. She has had ten years , I pray it works for her this time.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She is so fucking cheap and wonders why her shit is always janky … the assistant telling Kenya that that’s the best they could do model wise cause due to the budget sheree gave her made me LOL.. then Sheree bitching about the party bill with drew while wearing a 20k designer top. Girl shit all the way down 

This has always been her problem. Material things.. don't want to pay for a dam thing except clothes, cars and house shit. The irony is, if she would invest in her lively hood, she could spend her money how she chooses, it's called sacrifice and commitment to make it work . She doesn't seem committed to me. I understand that it's scary to step out there , but trust the process and start with a small line the way Kandi said and build on that . 

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Marlo wanted to teach her nephews what it’s like to live poor so they would appreciate her more. Not sure it was the best approach. Plus it had to be tough on her sister. 
Drew and Sheree know damn well Kenya and Marlo aren’t going to make up. They did handle themselves fairly well so there’s that.
Sheree has no control over her own fashion show. She doesn’t design or make clothes so I don’t understand why she is still wasting money on this.  Then she calls on Apollo for life advice? She should change the name to Shit Show by Sheree.

The one  fashion show she managed to pull off never would have happened without Dwight stepping in to help her, and she did not pay him . She claimed she did not ask him to do anything, but I didn't see or hear her asking him to step away either. She took advantage of his help, did not not offer him a coin.  Typical Sheree. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

This is the first of these I've watched of this season.  I see Kenya is still the try-hard villain. 

I mean, maybe she's not really trying that hard, she actually just seems to be a shit human.

Kenya was totally disrespectful with Sheree's assistant, never should have asked Kenya to attend, Kenya is rude and obnoxious always. 

• Like 5
  • Love 8

If Sheree really wanted to and actually had the drive and commitment, she would pull a Kemya/Phaedra and make a series of workout videos. Especially if her target audience was older women.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Sheree has a fear of success/loves the attention of failure, I am sure there is something to the psychology of that otherwise why would she continually align herself with people who do not deliver the goods she pays for, does not want the help of experienced, successful business people and still does not learn anything from her past fails. Now she is inviting a known felon into her mix, other than him being a model (she said he has modeled before, as in being a model prisoner?), what is she expecting from Apollo? Will she gleem something from his felonious business acumen?  

Is Erika Jayne aware Bravo has named this episode after one of her seldom heard songs?

Drew is trying really hard to come up with a story line and so far nothing has really stuck, her injury and husband are just not enough and the party...the only thing that will stick with that is the bill, (Sheree will stick her with the bill), who spends $700+ on any one thing for a party in your house for 12 people and it looks like that? $500 for the DJ...are those women dancing $500 worth of a DJ? I would have plugged in my phone to a speaker and blasted all the Kandi Burrus hits.  

Marlo has done a disservice to her nephews, we all know it, she knows it too, essentially she sent them to live with someone who financially was not up to the task of taking on two teens, who lives a different lifestyle than Marlo (pretends to?) live then when the kids return she makes them recount why her house is so much better than the other house was.  Marlo should hire tutors for the kids and have a standing weekly therapy appointment, those kids need someone to talk to and help guide them thru the process of dealing with their mother's behavior and to fully understand it.

Kenya has no idea how to not poke the bear or how to lay down the gauntlet.

Sheree's issue is that she's cheap, you get what you pay for. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's the latter for me. Sheree just wants attention. She has no intention of getting She by Sheree off the ground because her entire storyline is will she or won't she have a fashion show with fashions/actually get her line sold in stores or online? Sheree is similar to Sonja Morgan and her clothing line/toaster oven. It's all just an idea. They'll kick up dust during their seasons just so they'll have something to do, but there's no excuse for why Sheree couldn't even get a t-shirt out after 10 years. She's lazy.

Kenya was in top form tonight and reminded me why I will never like her. Sheree's model search was janky, but as the assistant whose name I'm forgetting said, you have to have a budget for real models. Kenya was SO RUDE during that segment, but I like that the assistant gave it back to Kenya.  :flat voice: confetti. And really, Kenya, why didn't Sheree ask you to model? Girl. If Cynthia were on the show, that would've made sense. Speaking of Cynthia, is her modeling school still a thing? Or did that fall by the wayside? 

I laughed too hard when Sheree said Apollo did some modeling. I flashed back to when Phaedra used to make Apollo sound like he was related to the Hedley's. The hardest working West Indian family on In Living Color. He was a master barber, then he was into fitness, and now he's done a little modeling too? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
45 minutes ago, byrd said:

The one  fashion show she managed to pull off never would have happened without Dwight stepping in to help her, and she did not pay him . She claimed she did not ask him to do anything, but I didn't see or hear her asking him to step away either. She took advantage of his help, did not not offer him a coin.  Typical Sheree. 

I forgot about the other fashion shows. Lisa Wu had one that season too and they were pitted against each other despite being friendly in season one. 
So that fashion show was successful but the line never materialized? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

I forgot about the other fashion shows. Lisa Wu had one that season too and they were pitted against each other despite being friendly in season one. 
So that fashion show was successful but the line never materialized? 

Dwight did a good job, even tough she only had a few pieces, but they were nice ,  I thought, afterwards If I remember correctly she was part of a small runway show somewhere, but after that I heard nothing else about her line. Also it's funny but to me, she seemed more driven that season than now because she was basically broke and she was working with real investors, I believe this is how she managed to do the runway show but choose the wrong people to do the work.  

Edited by byrd
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, byrd said:

I hope Marlo compensated her sister well for keeping the boys. I remember her saying she would send her a check for the month, hope it was enough to help her out.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I'm convinced that Marlo sent the boys to her sister so that she'd be free to participate fully in events and trips for the filming. And that would have been fine if she'd posed it that way to them (and for the cameras). She could have just been straight and told them that because she'd be traveling and doing events on camera, she is going to have her sister take care of them while she's working. Still would have taken flak, still would have been hard on the boys, I'm sure, but at least it'd be straightforward and they wouldn't feel it was their fault.

Instead - because she had to paint herself as 'oh so put upon by all that she's done for the boys' - she told them to 'get the f out' and sent them to her sister's house with no warning. That's what she said she had done. Found their room messy and a hole in the wall, and boom, kicked 'em out. And now taking them back, has to make herself look like some kind of saint for doing so.

I don't question that Marlo cares for the boys, but her affection for them comes in a very distant second (third, fourth?) to her own self interests. 

Kenya was rude to the coordinator helping Sheree pick her models, but she was asking a lot of the questions that Sheree should have been asking. Blunt, rude? Yes. Wrong? Not so much. She was forcing conversation that should have already happened between the woman and Sheree. Was it her place to do so? Unclear - as I don't know what Sheree asked of her in terms of her being at the casting.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Maybe don't book a fashion show until you actually have the fashions in hand ready to go. Then book the venue and models. Sheree is so stupid and although Kenya came in hard at the modeling auditions she was right. Sheree clearly has no business sense. Where is Dwight when you need him? 

Drew already knew and had experience with cheap Sheree. If Sheree doesn't help her pay for the party it's on Drew. Stupid for asking in the first place. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

I am disappointed that Kandi is attempting to push Ace into a career - let him have his childhood. He didn't appear to be especially gifted as an actor. Child performers become twisted for the most part - you don't see most *sane* actors attempt to push their kids into the business as kids for the most part.

The issue with Ross is that there was no reason to become that hostile to *protect* his woman - was it Nene who complained about men mixing into the "wimmens' business. While I don't believe the genders need to be segregated the show is a job and part of the job is to have the housewives getting into it with one another - there is no need for a man to interject themselves into it.

And am I imagining it but does this franchise seem to really buy into the myth that a woman is only complete with a man. Sanye has taken that route at least twice this season - when she stressed that it was a couple's trip instead of just saying you can invite a friend if you like and on this episode when she insinuated that Kenya only reacted because she WISHED she had a man to protect her.

It is especially ironic since some of the men I would actively want NOT in my life - Ralph for starters - Tyrone the felon - no one sane wants a relationship with someone incarcerated let alone someone who has a significant criminal past. I don't know enough about Ross to form an opinion although I think his push for another child when he obviously didn't do much hands on parenting is suspect. 

I don't get the sense that Kenya really wants a spouse at this point - I think she wanted a child and I think she has a child at this point. 

Even if the She by Sherree actually has a show with fashions on models, I think the whole thing is ridiculous. Getting samples is the least of it since you then have to get them manufactured and distributed. As I recall she bought fabric from a retail store and so anything actually shown on the runway would just be prototypes anyway.

Also who is the market for jogging pants and leggings. The market is saturated and it isn't as if you can do that much with styles. Is this athleisure stuff or for real workouts. The expensive stuff seems to be tied in with luxury brands that are already branded as desirable; there is the mid level stuff like Champion or attached to Nike or whatever or Kate Hudson's brand - but those - especially the stuff like Champion have manufacturers and distributors in place. 

I just don't understand this - Sherree could have licensed her name to an existing company and they would release some stuff branded under her label.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Maybe don't book a fashion show until you actually have the fashions in hand ready to go. Then book the venue and models.

I guess Sheree does not realize that most of the clothes will have to be fitted to the models prior to the show and if it has taken this long to get the samples I have little faith she can get them altered in time for her fashion show, a term I will use loosely.

As for what seemed like all the models were in the 5'6" height range, (production much?), I do not see a problem, her clothes could not be further from couture where the models should be walking clothes hangers.  Where did they get those models that were auditioning and what would Sheree even pay them for the fittings, rehearsals and the show? Why would Sheree want Kenya around, we all were treated to a flashback of the "Coochie Crack," moment and how she takes over in that sort of situation, maybe that is what Sheree was hoping would happen, Kenya would swoop in to action and get things.  Where did Sheree find that fashion show coordinator anyway?  Remember when Sheree was planning She the first time around and she told the coordinator she wanted to arrive in a Maybach, so ridiculous because if it is your show you will have been back stage for hours prior to the show and nobody is going to see what kind of car you arrived in.

We see Apollo and the other jailbird, (suddenly he can be on camera, that far from Philadelphia and it does not mess with his parole?), Sheree just cannot help herself with setting herself up for a disaster of epic proportions.  Also, did Apollo ride up in a Bentley? We all know that is not his car.

Ralph has currently done more modeling than Apollo because he was shooting his book cover, btw, that vest he had on was not good unless you are James Garner and starring in the show Wild, Wild West.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

Adding that I really don't understand this Ralph adopting this kid storyline.

Unless there is something missing, you can't adopt a child unless the parent legally gives up ALL parental rights to that child. It isn't a question of not wanting to hurt the bio Dad's feelings but that the bio -father has to actively sign a legal document before there can be an adoption.

If Drew and Ralph discussed adoption with Josiah before discussing waiver by bio-dad, they really were awful because they should have confirmed bio-dad's willingness and then approached Josiah and asked whether he would like to be adopted. 

Honestly I am not sure whether adoption would be in the best psychological interest of the kid since it would signal strongly that bio-dad forever wanted to have nothing to do with the kid or acknowledge him as a child. 

But I ask who in the world are the potential readers for Ralph's expertise on any subject except perhaps how to hoodwink your wife when you are cheating on her in Tampa. 

Edited by amarante
  • Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, amarante said:

But I ask who in the world are the potential readers for Ralph's expertise on any subject except perhaps how to hoodwink your wife when you are cheating on her in Tampa. 

I am going to guess Ralph will be busy with book tours in the future...in Tampa.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am going to guess Ralph will be busy with book tours in the future...in Tampa.

You should suggest this as a chyron in the last episode when they give "updates" on what housewives are doing. 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
16 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I guess Sheree does not realize that most of the clothes will have to be fitted to the models prior to the show and if it has taken this long to get the samples I have little faith she can get them altered in time for her fashion show, a term I will use loosely.

Well in fairness there is not much fitting involved in leggings and jogging pants - they are intended to stretch to fit and/or slouch. The only theoretical fitting issue is that a short person might have pants that are too long. I have short legs and there are certain pants styles that don't work even if shortened - anything with stuff on the bottom; anything with some kind of decorative motif or pattern. 

I think the only drama is whether all of this storyline is fake and Sherree is as clueless as she is making it seem and that there will be a show and because the bar was set so low everything will be awestruck.

The big question is whether she will actually have product available to buy since the logistics of that take time. I would hope that there is a website all set to go live right after the show to take advantage of any idiots who want to purchase the stuff.

The only thing I would purchase would be a Who's Gonna Check Me Boo t-shirt and she should have had those out awhile ago along with baseball hats and mugs.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Marlo raises self-righteousness to new heights. I almost think she truly believes that what she did with the boys was for their own good and produced a positive result. Also, she's discovered the wonders of structure! It involves getting out of bed in the morning, Marlo. We'll see how long the commitment lasts.

It's too bad Kairo decided against a modeling career. He had a little bit of genuine experience. But desperate Sheree turns to Apollo. They're good friends. Who knew? I'm hoping Apollo's appearance is a sign to Phaedra that she and the show are never ever getting back together.

So Ralph talked adoption with Josiah's father, who said he'd rather that didn't happen and he wanted to get back in Josiah's life. Ralph said he was down. Did I miss where Ralph, the expert on blended families, then said he first needed to check this out with the child's mother, you know, the parent who has at least physical custody?

3 hours ago, amarante said:

While I don't believe the genders need to be segregated the show is a job and part of the job is to have the housewives getting into it with one another - there is no need for a man to interject themselves into it.

And they proved that in this episode. There was a dust up at the birthday party, after it had gone on long enough they quelled it and moved on. No male savior needed.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Did I miss where Ralph, the expert on blended families, then said he first needed to check this out with the child's mother, you know, the parent who has at least physical custody?

I laughed so much at this, thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Seeing Apollo, Sheree, and flashbacks of Dwight just remind me of how this show used to be such trashy fun and now is boring as Hell.

7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

I think Sheree’s show was in conflict with Anchorage fashion week. That’s why some of her better pieces are stuck in AK.  🙄

THESE quotes are pure gold. Almost makes it worth sitting through an episode.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

Warning - I had some wine.
The name of the episode really has many funny connotations. 
“It’s expensive to be She”

She (Sheree, hooked up with a convict and is asking for advice from an ex-convict who drives a Bentley, who has an undetermined source of legitimate income. 
Sheree, doesn’t seem to pay her bills…

Erika Jayne Girardi, whose husband stole millions and millions of dollars from people he was supposed to represent and funneled a lot of that money into Erika “music” career.

I actually enjoy the producers calling it like they see them …

Sheree, is by no means a con or an ex-con, but she does shirk away from paying her bills (such as expedited shipping of merchandise from Alaska).

I am getting exhausted by the continuing stream of felons of Bravo and so miss light hearted fun and shade which is was what I thought was the original premise of the show.

Also, how tired and unwatchable has this show become, when they felt a need for Apollo and his beard to appear? (I  mean his actual beard) 

Off-topic, but I am sick to this type of beard on men. 

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

You know Sheree  could have just gotten some joggers from Amazon and put her name on them.  They have 2 day shipping you know.

I live n Metro Atlanta and sometimes you can get deliveries the same day.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Hiyo said:

If Sheree really wanted to and actually had the drive and commitment, she would pull a Kemya/Phaedra and make a series of workout videos. Especially if her target audience was older women.

I started to say I'd buy this.  Now what am I gonna play it on? lol.   YouTube didn't occur to me for an embarrassing length of time.

23 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

It's the latter for me. Sheree just wants attention. She has no intention of getting She by Sheree off the ground because her entire storyline is will she or won't she have a fashion show with fashions/actually get her line sold in stores or online? Sheree is similar to Sonja Morgan and her clothing line/toaster oven. It's all just an idea. They'll kick up dust during their seasons just so they'll have something to do, but there's no excuse for why Sheree couldn't even get a t-shirt out after 10 years. She's lazy.

Kenya was in top form tonight and reminded me why I will never like her. Sheree's model search was janky, but as the assistant whose name I'm forgetting said, you have to have a budget for real models. Kenya was SO RUDE during that segment, but I like that the assistant gave it back to Kenya.  :flat voice: confetti. And really, Kenya, why didn't Sheree ask you to model? Girl. If Cynthia were on the show, that would've made sense. Speaking of Cynthia, is her modeling school still a thing? Or did that fall by the wayside? 

I laughed too hard when Sheree said Apollo did some modeling. I flashed back to when Phaedra used to make Apollo sound like he was related to the Hedley's. The hardest working West Indian family on In Living Color. He was a master barber, then he was into fitness, and now he's done a little modeling too? 

I get that somebody has to play the villain but her degree of assholery strikes me as completely natural.    Rawan's montone delivery of "confetti" and Kenya's follow up of:  mmmm.   Childish, but between the two of em, Rawan is closer to childhood.  Btw, is pageant experience synonymous with modelling experience?  I mean she made some helpful statements, but not without being a dick unnecessarily.   She was right about the casting call, there's no reason it could'nt have been anonymous but wide spread.   And free, tons of college kids would be involved just for the exposure and experience.   Kenya's still a weird choice as an advisor.  An off-camera Zoom with Cynthia and Eva would've made more sense.    Kairo doesn't model anymore?  Not even for his mom?   I did enjoy Kenya's question to Sheree at the party, you're wearing a seven thousand dollar sweater, you don't want to pay your half of the bill?   Agreed, Sheree's ideas should be at the developmental point of providing her with passive income.  She should've made a ton of opportunistic cash off Who Gone Check Me Boo? alone

Apollo's mini rant about Phaedra being unsupportive was delusional considering how many businesses she created in an attempt to keep him occupied.  The: I didn't get to see my sons statement.   Weird.  She told him, Kandi, anybody who asked that she didn't believe in exposing two young black boys to prison.  Why would he want them to be there?    

Ace is a cutie, but I don't see him destined for stardom.

Ya'll, why does it cost $700 for somebody to pick up 50 balloons? 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Ace is a cutie, but I don't see him destined for stardom.

He is a cutie but Kandi has got to stop trying to make her children into stars. Let Ace lead a normal life away from the foolishness of the entertainment industry.

I know I do not need to see Riley on my screen...ever again. I did not appreciate what I heard about asking people to cash app her money on Instagram. That is just tacky as Hell.

Apollo's mini rant about Phaedra being unsupportive was delusional considering how many businesses she created in an attempt to keep him occupied.  The: I didn't get to see my sons statement.   Weird.  She told him, Kandi, anybody who asked that she didn't believe in exposing two young black boys to prison.  Why would he want them to be there?    

Does anyone know what Apollo is doing currently for employment? 

Is he still a master barber, personal trainer, reality producer, fitness mogul, public speaker, celebrity ambassador, philanthropist, and brand endorser?

With all that Phaedra tried to create to keep him busy, he still ended up running cons and getting locked up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, amarante said:

Well in fairness there is not much fitting involved in leggings and jogging pants - they are intended to stretch to fit and/or slouch. The only theoretical fitting issue is that a short person might have pants that are too long. I have short legs and there are certain pants styles that don't work even if shortened - anything with stuff on the bottom; anything with some kind of decorative motif or pattern. 

I think the only drama is whether all of this storyline is fake and Sherree is as clueless as she is making it seem and that there will be a show and because the bar was set so low everything will be awestruck.

The big question is whether she will actually have product available to buy since the logistics of that take time. I would hope that there is a website all set to go live right after the show to take advantage of any idiots who want to purchase the stuff.

The only thing I would purchase would be a Who's Gonna Check Me Boo t-shirt and she should have had those out awhile ago along with baseball hats and mugs.

Just for the record, she did market that "who's Gonna Check me Boo Tee "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
20 hours ago, byrd said:

Just for the record, she did market that "who's Gonna Check me Boo Tee "

I was today years old when I found that out.  Crazy.

17 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Are we forgetting about the $10,000 chandelier in her home? For one I do not believe it cost that much and two, it is hung so high up nobody even sees it, lol.

I think it's dumb, but I believe it.  She calls her house a château and, if Kenya's to be trusted, wore a seven thousdand dollar sweater to a house party.  Andplusalso, for some reason I still can't figure out, lighting's hella expensive. 

• Love 4

OMG how I laughed at Sheree trying to walk back that $1 million quote. Nobody was buying that one. But anyway, ain't no way in the world Sheree let Bravo bring her on here and resurrect this fashion show story again, without having something spectacular planned. I mean no, she's not a bright bulb, but nobody is that damn dumb. I think Sheree will pull off some sort of a show, and it'll look just enough like a real fashion show to shut people up.  Now will she end up with an actual clothing line? Tuh

• Love 3
On 8/30/2022 at 11:07 AM, ZaldamoWilder said:

I get that somebody has to play the villain but her degree of assholery strikes me as completely natural. 

So I was watching this episode with a girlfriend of mine and she reminded me that we spent 4 or 5 days with Kenya in Paris YEARS ago. It was the "international" debut of her first big movie role, an independent film called "Trois" and the trip was sponsored by Bronner Brothers - so it was basically Madea Goes to Paris🤣.

Kenya could be completely lovely one minute and a raging asshole the next. I basically tossed up the duces with her once I saw her berate a couple of service workers for failing to cater to her appropriately. At that point in time, she was a couple of years off her Miss America (Miss USA?) win, and although she was fairly well-known in the black community, lots of people didn't have the faintest idea who she was. That unnecessary cattiness and veiling her insults as "fun shade" is exactly who she is all the time. I can't wait until Brooklyn is a smart-mouthed 13 year old so she can get a taste of her own medicine. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Questions about this episode:

-Why is Marlo dressed like a Blackjack dealer?

-Why is Marlo acting like putting out her nephews was so difficult for her? She acts like she had a great plan or something. No, she just got mad, flipped out, and wanted to punish them severely. Setting limits with kids isn't rocket science. Read a book on consequences. Ask Kandi for advice. Take away their cell phone for a period of time when they fail to do something.

-Why do I continue to hate watch this show when there are millions of better ways to spend my time?

Edited by queta
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, Rlb8031 said:

So I was watching this episode with a girlfriend of mine and she reminded me that we spent 4 or 5 days with Kenya in Paris YEARS ago. It was the "international" debut of her first big movie role, an independent film called "Trois" and the trip was sponsored by Bronner Brothers - so it was basically Madea Goes to Paris🤣.

Kenya could be completely lovely one minute and a raging asshole the next. I basically tossed up the duces with her once I saw her berate a couple of service workers for failing to cater to her appropriately. At that point in time, she was a couple of years off her Miss America (Miss USA?) win, and although she was fairly well-known in the black community, lots of people didn't have the faintest idea who she was. That unnecessary cattiness and veiling her insults as "fun shade" is exactly who she is all the time. I can't wait until Brooklyn is a smart-mouthed 13 year old so she can get a taste of her own medicine. 

Sooooo {{looks around the room}} nobody else needs more words here?  

Um, me.  I need more words here.   

• Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3