Type keyword(s) to search

S3.E10: The Demon of the End

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

The team investigates a household terrorized by a demonic infestation and is shocked when they find out the house is next door to Kristen's. Meanwhile, Kristen is surprised to learn that her frozen egg was never destroyed and purchased anonymously which leads her on a new adventure.

Season three finale, dropping Sunday, August 14, 2022.

• Love 1

Ohhhhhhhh, no. Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, nooooooooo... 

My worst fear from a few episodes back came true. I KNEW that storyline ended way too easily (darkly, yes, but also easily). I knew it. 

Well. Shit. That's...not good. To say the very least. How on earth Kristen will handle and respond to this, I don't know, but...yeah. Between this and all the other demons wandering around her home*, along with Andy's odd behavior since coming home (I loved Kristen's confused reaction to him and Sheryl suddenly being so nice to each other :p), suffice to say the team's got their work cut out for them next season. I think it's going to take a LOT more than an exorcism or the team's usual tactics to tackle all of this. I wonder what the hell Leland and Edward did to Andy in order to "bring him back", as it were (also, what the hell was with that song about kids that they were singing :p?). 

*So that family that used to live next door, the one whose daughter was friends with Lila and where the dad became a "zombie", as it were, must've moved, then. I wonder where they moved to, and why. Were they noticing some of the freaky sounds that this new family was noticing? Did it have anything to do with the attempt to de-zombify the dad? 

Um. In other topics...so, Lynn's considering becoming a nun, eh? Hm. Interesting. I liked how Sister Andrea tried to advise her on that, even while she was attempting to kill demons :p. Kristen's reaction to the idea cracked me up. "You want to get a nose ring or tattoos, we'll talk about it, but this? No!" LOL. I totally get and sympathize with her reservations about raising her daughters with all that kind of religious baggage, but yeah, it'd be interesting to see what would happen if one of her daughters did choose a different path in that regard. 

I also like how David's learning to handle his situation with his own demon. And the moment between Ben and Laura when the girls feared the worst about their dad was really sweet. Smart girls, using that game to help track the connection to Edward. Sheryl clearly wasn't expecting that little twist - she's underestimated her granddaughters! 

Everything with Father Ignatius broke my heart. Oh :'(. I wanted to hug him, the poor man. His reaction upon finding the Monsignor's body... Seeing Sister Andrea in tears just added to the emotion of it all. 

All right, so, that's quite the note to end things on this season. That ending bit with the book and the angel, though...that gives us some hope going forward, right? Yes? *Crosses fingers* Guess we'll see in season four!

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7

Well, this threw out more than a few things I did not expect.

I did NOT expect Andy to make it back home.  Although he did so exactly when Prophet Lady said he would.  Of course, something is definitely not right with him.  If he can see demons, that can't be good at all.

I was worried for a bit because I started to realize the episode was almost over, and Psychic Lady got whisked away immediately, and Leyland and Boggs were noticably absent most of the episode.  In Leyland's case, the last two mintues alone more than made up for it.  So, he's presumably making a demon baby using Kristen's missing egg.  That's just fucking diabolical.  The look of sheer horror on Kristen's face.  I guess it makes sense now why she was seeing a demon baby in her dreams, and why she was feeling so maternal to it.

Aaaand, Boggs has complely gone off the deep end.

"We're going to be...parents." Leyland has never, ever, sounded so creepy.

A few other things;

Ah, Sister Andrea-the demon roach killer you never realized you needed.

So Kristen's confused because she once prayed for her parents not to divorce, and God didn't answer, and now she prays for Andy's return, and boom, there he is again.  She is getting mind-fucked aplenty right now..

And to think, all David had to do to get rid of Demon Kristen, was to set up a mosquito tent.  Problem solved, it seems.

One of the daughers want to be a nun now? Where'd that come from?

Edited by StarBrand
  • Like 2
  • Love 5

Grace should have drew a picture of her attacker, instead of just telling David the man is after him now.

The girls should have told somebody that they thought Leland might be holding their Dad, the gang knows where Leland lives and might have been able to break into or at least surveil Leland's apartment to try to find Andy. They would have at least learned that Sheryl was still hanging out there.

EVIL_310_EF_0426_03749_RT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 4

I don't understand why Grace didn't just tell David that Leland was the one who attacked her and killed the Monsignor. Why do people on this show have an aversion to straightforward communication?

Grace was right about Andy coming home, but he's not the same person as when he left. Whatever Leland and his friend did, they somehow erased Andy's memory. And made him able to see demons, apparently. Two of the demons were George and Abby, I think, and of course Sara the baby demon who survived and is not actually Kristen's. Didn't expect Kurt to also show up, but it makes sense after everything he's done. I'll bet Andy doesn't mention any of this to Kristen, just like he flushed the demon head without telling her.

Using a mosquito net to repel Demon Kristen is hilarious.

Holy shit, that ending. Leland using Kristen's egg to create another demon spawn is so sick and fucked up. Did they have to brainwash that woman into carrying the baby or did she volunteer? I hope Kristen cuts her mother out of her life after this. She was already suspicious when she saw Andy and Sheryl on good terms, but this sealed it. 

If I'm understanding David's vision right, the end times have officially begun. Uh-oh. 

• Like 4
  • Love 7

There will be no show if Grace would tell them who attacked her, right? Sure the church wants to cover the murder up because of Grace, who is illegally in the country, but this is also so incredibly stupid.

And re: the ending. Thank god they renewed it already. Imagine the show ending on this cliffhanger 😂

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

(also, what the hell was with that song about kids that they were singing :p?). 

It's from Bye Bye Birdie.

That was also the fastest and most intense hour of TV I've seen in a while.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

OMG, I don't know where to begin from...

Sister Andrea the deemons slayer! I want a spin off now!!
Andy meeting George!
That pure evil end with Leland's and Kristen's "baby"...

wow...

• Are they gonna let Kristen leave DF building? She now knows and she will try to stop them for sure.
  • I still can't understand if Sheryl is trying to protect Kristen or not. She is a double agent or she has completely joined the dark side?
  • Those unlucky neighbors harboring the exiled daemons in their house...
  • Was there really a demons gathering Andy saw? It was weird the shrink also joined.
  • Btw Kristen's daughters are the smarter of all, it is a shame no one really cared about how they tricked Leland and got to know the Himalaya feed was fake. 
    For me this whole Andy fake chat was the weakest point of the season, I don't accept Kristen is such an idiot not to have been suspicious weeks ago.

MVP of the season: the 4 daughters and Sister Andrea.

Please bring back George for the next episode previews.. we miss him!

The song from the end scenes, by the amazing Laurie Anderson.

Edited by Zaffy
  • Love 5

Ugh. I was afraid this would happen. The season finale ends with multiple cliffhangers. 

It is completely unbelievable that the priests would not ask Grace to describe her attacker.  I know it’s a show with demons, but adult human beings should still act in a plausible way.

I liked the girls catching Leland with the computer game. Older people not knowing about technology is very believable. I would like to see the girls team up with Ben the Magnificent to take down Leland next season.

After 3 seasons, two of Kristen’s girls are still a blur to me. I know Lynn is the oldest and Lexis is the one with the tail, but the other two… one of them has a heart problem and both of their names start with “L,” but that’s all I’ve got.

• Like 2
  • Love 8

Kristen's egg just getting murdered so easily was kind of a cop out wasn't it? Having Leland be daddy to her egg baby is soooooooo much better. I approve.   Quick question though,  why does Leland want her egg so badly?  Is it just to mess with her head?  I mean she does have some really cute and intelligent kids.  Plus there is Lexis......   So maybe we will find out there is some demon blood already in the family.   But other then that it is Leland just kinda poking the bear.   Which is pure Leland.

Well Andy is back but it looks like he can see demons now.  I am glad the show isn't dragging out the "Andy is dead" storyline.  This works for me.   He is back but there is something not quite right with him.  And this puts him smack in the middle of the big overiding storyline with everyone else instead of being on the fringes of it.

Lynn legit wanting to be a nun might be an interesting storyline for atheist Kristen. How do you support a child's choices when you don't support the child's choices?   I thought Lynn's scenes with Sister Andrea where fun  with them discussing what it meant to be a nun while Sister Andrea was killing demons.

I really like that  show takes the Father Ignatius and Korecki relationship seriously.  Everyone was so concerned about Ignatius feelings and treated him like someone he loved died.  I honestly wouldn't mind if he was the gang's new go to for the the Catholic Church.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 3
  • Love 5

That was BSC in the best way possible.

Grace can't point out Leland as the killer? She's in the country illegally? Wouldn't that supersede naming a murderer? And I can imagine the Chruch saying they granted her sanctuary from where she could be killed. 

As I've said before, do NOT mess with Sister Andrea. Plus, Andrea Martin is a dadgum national treasure. The oldest asking about becoming a nun while SA whacking a shovel upside some demon head? PRICELESS! The remaining demons also know not to mess with her, they all took off when she was playing Whack-A-Demon!

Forgive me for this [shallow], but Schoolgirl!Kristen...uh...oh my! [/shallow] Fr. David out running and the offer of, "David, you want some?" wasn't about the water. 

The girls are so dang smart. Pinging Leland while Otter was talking to Kristen was genius. Andy showing up unannounced? How does that work? It's a long flight and no one at "base camp" would've known? Something's gotta come loose from his memory next season to completely nail Leland and Sheryl. 

Ben, you are the best. You see genuine affection for the girls from him. It may not all be acting. They all seem like such decent people off-screen. 

DF! How could I NOT see this? DF = Demonic Forces. And I was a screenwriting major. 

The ending in the home addition with the mockery of Christ's birth was frightening. Perhaps the scariest shot I've seen in a movie or TV in a long while. And the pullback to reveal Dr. Boggs? He still has no idea what he's dealing with.

"We're going to be parents." As much as I love to hate Leland, I want him gone. Kristen, surely you've got another ice axe hanging around?

S4 cannot get here soon enough. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9

Everyone is (rightly) pointing about about how Grace couldn't (or would not) identify Leland as the murderer.  I think Grace said something like "I've never been so blind before", which would seem to indicate doubt about what she knows.  All I know is, like the misdirect with Kristen's eggs, everything's not as cut and dried as it looks.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 8/14/2022 at 9:20 AM, StarBrand said:

Everyone is (rightly) pointing about about how Grace couldn't (or would not) identify Leland as the murderer.  I think Grace said something like "I've never been so blind before", which would seem to indicate doubt about what she knows.  All I know is, like the misdirect with Kristen's eggs, everything's not as cut and dried as it looks.. 

What really bothered me is that she never passed along the message from the Monsignor telling Father Ignatius that he loved him! It would have given him great comfort knowing that he was in the Monsignor's final thoughts, especially because those words were actually, finally, said out loud. That was no small thing.

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Athena5217 said:

After 3 seasons, two of Kristen’s girls are still a blur to me. I know Lynn is the oldest and Lexis is the one with the tail, but the other two… one of them has a heart problem and both of their names start with “L,” but that’s all I’ve got.

Lila and Laura are the other two. Laura's the youngest and also the one who had the heart problem. From oldest to youngest, it's Lynn, Lila, Lexis, and Laura :). 

5 hours ago, Dani-Ellie said:

It's from Bye Bye Birdie.

Oh, okay! Thanks - I've seen bits and pieces of that musical, but somehow must've missed/forgotten that part of it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I'm not sure how I feel about this finale. Disappointed might be too strong a word, but I was kind of hoping for... more? After all that, Andy is allowed to just walk away with a memory wipe/false memories? And why didn't anyone take the girls' assertion that Leland was involved more seriously? I get that Kristen was a wreck, but still. I did enjoy Sister Andrea and her interaction with Lynn - even Lynn completely ignoring that fact that the nun was beating invisible demons to death with a shovel while they chatted.

Also, does that mean the father of Kristen's not-egg was just crazy and murdered his wife and child for nothing? Or are all the eggs from the fertility clinic demonic?

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5

Leland is the sickest of stalkers, along with everything else. He is so disgusting. I’m glad that she knows her mother works with him now, but that was horrifying.  It really seems like her plans changed after that dinner party, with him last season, and she went to his side.
Had they already killed Andy, and somehow revived him? 
loved sister Andrea, and her shovel. Also David rejecting demon Kristen. 
love the girls, and that they’re being so smart. 
I wish we had more episodes, but that was one hell of a cliffhanger.  

Oh, and Lynn lied in the past.  She did sleep with that boy.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I've really enjoyed the girls messing with Leland via the game. Not sure why it occurred to them or would think he had anything to do with their dad but it was a brilliant trap! I think Kristen and Ben have a bit of chemistry and he also has such a great relationship with her girls so I think it would be interesting to test that out if Andy is ever permanently gone.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Holy Moley! Kristen‘s egg paired with Leland’s (demon) sperm! 😯

Ha, David sleeping in a mosquito net. Sister Andrea The Demon Slayer. 🤣 No magic ropes, no sword or guns, just a plain ole heavy shovel. Brilliant! I love this show. Last episode.  😟

A little disappointed in the Sister Andrea meets the 4L’s after the buildup and waiting for it. One little “Pause, pause” to the girls and that was it? 😕 But I’m glad Sister Andrea is the one that will be advising Lynn on becoming a nun. She will be completely honest with Lynn as to whether it’s for her and if she’s doing it for the right reasons. 

And I have to say, the actresses playing the daughters are phenomenal. Whether they’re that good or it’s the directing that’s leading them... they seem so comfortable with each other as if they’re really sisters. I know a lot of times young actors are better when they’re young and have less inhibitions, but I hope these actresses don’t lose the quality as they get older. 

Seeing Andy following the growling noise juxtaposed with Kristen chasing down her errant egg (and finding Sheryl there!) was perfectly done. It was proper creepy. 

I can’t wait for the “Angel of the Beginning” next season. (I was surprised there was only one Angel titled episode this season and now we know why.) Good cliffhanger for next season. 

Edited by ferjy
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

I feel pretty hopeful after that finale:

1. Andy's back and he can see demons, so maybe he and Kristin can fight them together
  2. Kristin can no longer turn a blind eye to Sheryl's evil ways
  3. Next season will bring help from Angels
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, WAnglais1 said:

The ending in the home addition with the mockery of Christ's birth was frightening. Perhaps the scariest shot I've seen in a movie or TV in a long while.

Shades of Rosemary’s Baby. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Andy has always been easy to write off because he was always absent and on the fringes of the story so shipping a married mother and a hunky priest was easy.  It becomes more complicated when Andy is front and center in the story and his roll as complicated as everyone elses.     Whose side is he on with a brain injury and possibly being brainwashed by Leland and Sheryl?     Even if Andy is kinda boring up until now what if he becomes a fun character later?  Would we still want Kristen and David two honorable characters to commit one of the deadly sins?   I think bringing Andy back is awesome because it complicates things on several levels for several people.   Heck the whole egg thing.     How long before Kristen tells him that she may be having a baby with Leland?   How long before Andy and Sheryl have a reckoning?   

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Kristen's egg just getting murdered so easily was kind of a cop out wasn't it? Having Leland be daddy to her egg baby is soooooooo much better. I approve.   Quick question though,  why does Leland want her egg so badly?  Is it just to mess with her head?  I mean she does have some really cute and intelligent kids.  Plus there is Lexis......   So maybe we will find out there is some demon blood already in the family.   But other then that it is Leland just kinda poking the bear.   Which is pure Leland.

Well Andy is back but it looks like he can see demons now.  I am glad the show isn't dragging out the "Andy is dead" storyline.  This works for me.   He is back but there is something not quite right with him.  And this puts him smack in the middle of the big overiding storyline with everyone else instead of being on the fringes of it.

Lynn legit wanting to be a nun might be an interesting storyline for atheist Kristen. How do you support a child's choices when you don't support the child's choices?   I thought Lynn's scenes with Sister Andrea where fun  with them discussing what it meant to be a nun while Sister Andrea was killing demons.

I really like that  show takes the Father Ignatius and Korecki relationship seriously.  Everyone was so concerned about Ignatius feelings and treated him like someone he loved died.  I honestly wouldn't mind if he was the gang's new go to for the the Catholic Church.  

Leland dropped the line a few episodes back... if Lexis wasn't the one she was the Ambassador. He is referring to a high high level demon. I am now assuming that his child with Kristin is option 2. The fact that Cheryl will be taking over for Tim Matheson's demon by eating him when it's time implies that the bloodline is special. My pet theory is in fact that Kristin is the special one and Leland wants to make her go dark to exploit her. This is why he has focused on her so much.

Cheryl sees demons. She drinks demon blood I think. I assume they fed Andy demon blood. Maybe they will eventually make him a demon too. He's one of them now.

6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Also, does that mean the father of Kristen's not-egg was just crazy and murdered his wife and child for nothing? Or are all the eggs from the fertility clinic demonic?

S 1 dealt with cases involving children that resulted from this clinic. There were issues. RF is on the Vatican/Entiry watch list. Leland is involved. It seemed they were probably breeding new recipients to be gifted sigil hors d'oeuvres, ie. Become demons. So yes... evidence points to all of the babies being compromised. Lexis is ok for now.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, StarBrand said:

So Kristen's confused because she once prayed for her parents not to divorce, and God didn't answer, and now she prays for Andy's return, and boom, there he is again.  She is getting mind-fucked aplenty right now..

I found her confusion a bit puzzling but I may have missed something. Most people who pray sometimes get the thing they pray for and sometimes don't, and obviously neither result proves or disproves the existence of God. It seems odd that she finds a 50/50 success rate significant for any reason! 

11 hours ago, Zaffy said:

Sister Andrea the deemons slayer! I want a spin off now!!
Andy meeting George!

wow...

• Are they gonna let Kristen leave DF building? She now knows and she will try to stop them for sure.
  • For me this whole Andy fake chat was the weakest point of the season, I don't accept Kristen is such an idiot not to have been suspicious weeks ago.

Please bring back George for the next episode previews.. we miss him!

All I know is that while I enjoyed watching Sister Andrea bash demons, I was so relieved that George got away! I don't want to lose George!

Kristen will surely leave the DF building since her presence there was part of their plan.

The fake Andy chat was a mess to me as well. This happens a lot on TV, where people only communicate via video chat and there's an intermittent signal so -- Oops! Guess our communication will be a mess! I mean... you have a signal sometimes. Ever heard of sending a text? Or an email? I just wish they'd had some nod to her and the kids getting emails from him. Obviously that still could've been faked, but it would've been more believable for Kristen to buy that than just throwing her hands up for weeks on end about a bad signal for the Facetime. 

This was such a fun finale, but I'm a bit devastated to lose the show for a year! I only started the show this spring, so I got to watch the first three seasons with no breaks between, so this'll be rough.

Edited by gesundheit
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I've really enjoyed the girls messing with Leland via the game. Not sure why it occurred to them or would think he had anything to do with their dad but it was a brilliant trap! I think Kristen and Ben have a bit of chemistry and he also has such a great relationship with her girls so I think it would be interesting to test that out if Andy is ever permanently gone.

I would guess that at this point the one creepy dude who has been stalking their family for 3 seasons is their first suspect for anything bad going on.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

The S3 finale was okay but it leaves me unsatisfied and wanting more. Too many stories, all piling-up but lack of resolutions. 

Father Ignatius made me cry. Part of me wants Grace to tell him about Monsignor’s last words but if she does, am worried he will take his own life to be reunited with his love.

The church didn’t alert the police about the crime. They didn’t preserve the crime scene either. Will the Entity (Vatican) investigate this murder? Using Grace as an excuse for not calling the police was weak.

Am glad Andy has returned home even though we know it’s Brainwashed Andy. At first, I thought it was a dream. He can miraculously walk after months being in “coma”? 🤨

I hope Kristen will not (continue to) be in denial re his odd behavior like she did with his “bad connection”. Kristen ignoring the girls telling her about the hoax, stupid move. Brainwashed Andy told Kristen he’s feeling trapped. I seriously hope she won’t brush this off as “amnesia” etc. 🙄

Ben’s scene with Laura was sweet but I cannot believe that he didn’t take Laura’s claim seriously (re Leland’s involvement). What’s wrong with Ben and Kristen? Pay attention to things that matter!

I love it when Sister Andrea blatantly told the girls that’s not how young ladies act. I love it even more when Ben teased them, “Burn. Burn. Burn.” 😂

Thank god Sister Andrea didn’t kill George and Flaming Jinn. I like them both. Is that how the demons supposed to be destroyed? Too much time was spent on the demons killing scenes, around 5 minutes. 

Lynn’s interest in becoming a nun - it was sudden and out-of-nowhere. Is it just a filler or is it going to be a parallel to David and Father Ignatius’s stories - having internal conflict then turns to religion then having some sort of doubt? Does Kristen know her eldest daughter is sexually active at 14? Lynn is obviously a good liar.

What’s so special with Kristen’s egg that made Leland practically hunt for it? Her bloodline?

Does Sheryl know that is Kristen’s egg? If she does, why would she be okay with it? It doesn’t make sense. For how long the show is going to keep us in the dark re Sheryl’s intentions in becoming demonic? At this point, her character is irredeemable. 

Soon there’ll be 5L - Lynn, Lila, Lexis, Laura and Leland Jr. 😆

329E478C-F458-4B55-B5D1-B9968301802C.jpeg

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

The S3 finale was okay but it leaves me unsatisfied and wanting more. Too many stories, all piling-up but lack of resolutions. 

Father Ignatius made me cry. Part of me wants Grace to tell him about Monsignor’s last words but if she does, am worried he will take his own life to be reunited with his love.

The church didn’t alert the police about the crime. They didn’t preserve the crime scene either. Will the Entity (Vatican) investigate this murder? Using Grace as an excuse for not calling the police was weak.

Am glad Andy has returned home even though we know it’s Not Andy. At first, I thought it was a dream. He can miraculously walk after months being in “coma”? 🤨

I hope Kristen will not (continue to) be in denial re his odd behavior like she did with his “bad connection”. Kristen ignoring the girls telling her about the hoax, stupid move. Not Andy told Kristen he’s feeling trapped. I seriously hope she won’t brush this off as “amnesia” etc. 🙄

Ben’s scene with Laura was sweet but I cannot believe that he didn’t take Laura’s claim seriously (re Leland’s involvement). What’s wrong with Ben and Kristen? Pay attention to things that matter!

I love it when Sister Andrea blatantly told the girls that’s not how young ladies act. I love it even more when Ben teased them, “Burn. Burn. Burn.” 😂

Thank god Sister Andrea didn’t kill George and Flaming Jinn. I like them both. Is that how the demons supposed to be destroyed? Too much time was spent on the demons killing scenes, around 5 minutes. 

Lynn’s interest in becoming a nun - it was sudden and out-of-nowhere. Is it just a filler or is it going to be a parallel to David and Father Ignatius’s stories - having internal conflict then turns to religion then having some sort of doubt? Does Kristen know her eldest daughter is sexually active at 14? Lynn is obviously a good liar.

What’s so special with Kristen’s egg that made Leland practically hunt for it? Her bloodline?

Does Sheryl know that is Kristen’s egg? If she does, why would she be okay with it? It doesn’t make sense. For how long the show is going to keep us in the dark re Sheryl’s intentions in becoming demonic? At this point, her character is irredeemable. 

Soon there’ll be 5L - Lynn, Lila, Lexis, Laura and Leland Jr. 😆

329E478C-F458-4B55-B5D1-B9968301802C.jpeg

Pretty sure that Cheryl has agreed to eat Tim Matheson which means she has agreed to become a demon. When Tim M. Dies she eats his sigil. There was an arc in regards to her corruption in s 2 and a discussion about this.

After this episode I think Leland has always had his eye on Kristin.he focused on her. S 1 was engineering her fall. However it also out her with David, God's agent who exorcizes her in s 2. This season he corrupts her therapist. In s 2 he corrupts her mother.

Kristin killed for her girls. Leland is going to use the child to manipulate her towards evil.

2 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

I would guess that at this point the one creepy dude who has been stalking their family for 3 seasons is their first suspect for anything bad going on.

Grace talked to her. She knew her dad was coming how therefore the avalanche story was a lie. Leland was obvious from that point.

• Love 2

God is a lot  like Santa Claus.    I know kids who stopped believing in Santa REAL early because they didn’t get that one special thing they kept asking for all year. Kristen stopped believing in God because she asked him to make sure her parents didn’t get a divorce.   (Can you just picture little Kristen with Sheryl and some poor sucker as a husband or even better some mean son of a gun who hates his wife but loves his daughter?). I liked David telling Kristen that she should start to accept the miracles that are happening around her.      There is a big difference between believing in God and believing in a particular religion.   It would be an interesting road to go down with Kristen.  

• Love 3

Very intense finale but now I won’t have my weekly scary fix! I did wonder why Andy was released and why he was kidnapped in the first place. I know the girls were trying to tell Kristen that Leland was involved but I can’t imagine Leland caring about that at all. Leland certainly has interesting choices in music! 
I still don’t understand why Sheryl is willing to hurt her daughter and granddaughters. I loved seeing Sister Andrea destroying the demons! The end was very Rosemary’s Baby. Great episode.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I KNEW they wouldn't kill Andy. And we know that Andy can see demons...didn't he see the one in the office when Sheryl was staying there? Also, he is a Buddhist, right? He's called on his spiritual practice to heal his youngest daughter, and to heal his relationship with Kristen (with the burning ceremony). I wonder if he's going to turn out to be a secret weapon for Good?

But they have definitely fucked with his mind. Seeing Grace's drawing triggered him...which is why I don't think it's an Andy-double. 

Good on the kids for figuring out Leland was behind the "Andy's missing" message. WHY didn't Kristen OR Ben snap to attention when Leland's name was mentioned?

And yes, all this lack of communication...has he or Lynn (was it Lynn?) ever mentioned throwing the head in the jar down the toilet? FINALLY Kristen mentions to the team: oh yeah, the toilet overflowed with blood.

And WHO is Crystal? (The voice trying to scare the kids through the wall?)

It's good to know that if you can see demons, you can also kill them with a shovel. That talk by Sister Andrea to Lynn was more useful than a thousand job fairs! (Though, based on the ex-nuns I know, maybe Lynn just hasn't realized she's a lesbian.) I also don't think that's an ordinary mosquito net Sister Andrea gave to David.

When Sister Andrea turned on the light and saw all the demons scurrying away, was I the only one reminded of Ghostbusters?

I can ALMOST buy that Grace is too traumatized to describe the person who attacked her (she never met Leland, did she?) But how is the Church going to handwave the murder of a Monsignor? And are they just going to let Leland continue to do what he wants? I don't see the Holy See letting him take out one of their guys without a MAJOR response. 

I'm so glad Good is finally coming to David's aid...I also interpreted the 38 days as how long it will be until the baby is born. And I don't know if it's Leland's seed that fertilized Kirsten's egg...he's too middle management for that. It's somebody higher up.

Also: f*ck Dr. Boggs for going from ally to Leland's stooge in the space of a season.

ETA: Now that Boris McGiver is out of the picture, I hope this means that Wally Shawn (Father Ignatius) becomes a recurring character.

Edited by kwnyc
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, kwnyc said:

When Sister Andrea turned on the light and saw all the demons scurrying away, was I the only one reminded of Ghostbusters?

Or like when I lived in a cockroach-infested building and had to brace myself before turning on the kitchen light in my apartment!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Or like when I lived in a cockroach-infested building and had to brace myself before turning on the kitchen light in my apartment!

that is more horror than all episodes of Evil !

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, kwnyc said:

And yes, all this lack of communication...has he or Lynn (was it Lynn?) ever mentioned throwing the head in the jar down the toilet? FINALLY Kristen mentions to the team: oh yeah, the toilet overflowed with blood.

And then she just shrugged it off: "It's an old house" 😱

I love Sister Andrea to pieces, but why did she (or David) not tell Kristen about the demons? As has been mentioned, though, lack of communication is way too prevalent in this show. As is (mostly Kristen) not taking things seriously (the girls' warnings about Leland, her own mother's obvious wacka-doodle-ness etc etc etc)

That being said, I will definitely miss this show while it's off. The Andy storyline promises to be really intriguing and I want to know more about how he was "brought back" (from the dead???) or for that matter, why, in terms of why Leland and Sheryl spared him when the "killed in an avalanche" probably would have worked for their purposes.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Eek.

But yeah, watching that scene reminded me of all the times throughout this past summer where I've been fighting off flies with my fly swatter at work :p. 

13 hours ago, SnazzyDaisy said:

I don't think Grace has/had any interaction with Fr. Ignatius.  It seemed like they whisked her off to the Vatican before she even crossed paths with Fr. Ignatius.  However, I am a little confused as to why Grace never said and no one pressed her for the identity of the man who killed the Monsignor.

I found that all confusing.  I agree that Lynn's interest in taking orders was out of the blue, but I also believe it could have been (or could be) and interesting plot element if it had been handled better.  Also, I don't even remember Lynn having a boyfriend.  Did I totally miss that?

I'm not sure what is so special about Kristen and/or her egg.  Previously, I thought that all the devilishness came from the fertility clinic, but apparently not.  It was implied a while ago, maybe season 1, that David was "the prize" and Kristen was the tool to get to him, but that doesn't seem to play well with the magic ova.

As for Sheryl, I would be surprised if she knew it was Kristen's egg.  Sheryl may be horrible, but she ultimately does love her daughter and granddaughters.  That may be the line that is too far for her that Leland has just crossed.  Maybe.  

4 hours ago, kwnyc said:

Now that Boris McGiver is out of the picture, I hope this means that Wally Shawn (Father Ignatius) becomes a recurring character.

I hope so!  I adore Wallce Shawn!

2 hours ago, Barbarblacksheep said:

I love Sister Andrea to pieces, but why did she (or David) not tell Kristen about the demons? As has been mentioned, though, lack of communication is way too prevalent in this show. As is (mostly Kristen) not taking things seriously (the girls' warnings about Leland, her own mother's obvious wacka-doodle-ness etc etc etc)

Maybe it is because she learned earlier in the season that admitting she sees demons doesn't always go over well?  However, she doesn't seem to have a problem talking about it with David and, oddly enough, Lynn.

My husband and I waited to binge this season, which I think is really the best way (for us, at least) to watch this show.  We enjoyed it, but it did feel strange to be watching it in July/August and not October.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

In the episode with the google map locations, and a list of things to do, if you saw this demon - she knew a boy who had seen it, and Kristen asked her if she'd slept with him, when she saw the list. She got him on something like facetime, to talk to her and her mum. @OtterMommy

Edited by Anela
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

The finale was kinda muted in comparison to s02. The whole season was missing something. And there are so many questions  from previous seasons that will definitely never be answered or even addressed again, it's sad.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Anela said:

In the episode with the google map locations, and a list of things to do, if you saw this demon - she knew a boy who had seen it, and Kristen asked her if she'd slept with him, when she saw the list. She got him on something like facetime, to talk to her and her mum. @OtterMommy

I do remember that, now that you mention it.  But when I watched it I never actually thought that Lynn was more than friends with him.  I guess I'm just an innocent!  But, yeah, that must be who Lynn was talking about.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, kwnyc said:

I KNEW they wouldn't kill Andy. And we know that Andy can see demons...didn't he see the one in the office when Sheryl was staying there? Also, he is a Buddhist, right? He's called on his spiritual practice to heal his youngest daughter, and to heal his relationship with Kristen (with the burning ceremony). I wonder if he's going to turn out to be a secret weapon for Good?

But they have definitely fucked with his mind. Seeing Grace's drawing triggered him...which is why I don't think it's an Andy-double. 

Good on the kids for figuring out Leland was behind the "Andy's missing" message. WHY didn't Kristen OR Ben snap to attention when Leland's name was mentioned?

And WHO is Crystal? (The voice trying to scare the kids through the wall?)

It's good to know that if you can see demons, you can also kill them with a shovel. That talk by Sister Andrea to Lynn was more useful than a thousand job fairs! (Though, based on the ex-nuns I know, maybe Lynn just hasn't realized she's a lesbian.) I also don't think that's an ordinary mosquito net Sister Andrea gave to David.

I can ALMOST buy that Grace is too traumatized to describe the person who attacked her (she never met Leland, did she?) But how is the Church going to handwave the murder of a Monsignor? And are they just going to let Leland continue to do what he wants? I don't see the Holy See letting him take out one of their guys without a MAJOR response. 

I'm so glad Good is finally coming to David's aid...I also interpreted the 38 days as how long it will be until the baby is born. And I don't know if it's Leland's seed that fertilized Kirsten's egg...he's too middle management for that. It's somebody higher up.

Also: f*ck Dr. Boggs for going from ally to Leland's stooge in the space of a season.

ETA: Now that Boris McGiver is out of the picture, I hope this means that Wally Shawn (Father Ignatius) becomes a recurring character.

Good catch on Andy seeing the demon previously.

Cheryl told Leland when she came back to him after their big break up that she had dated demons before. Maybe Kristin is part demon or was given demon blood at a young age.

Andy is good, spiritual  and has always had a natural antipathy to Cheryl which grew to epic proportions as she bec6more demonic.

The kids can go either way.

Leland and David are battling for Kristin's soul I think. She is the real one Leland wantsfor the royal sigil. I think the baby is a MacGuffin,, a tool to control her. Andy may well be a secret weapon. He was spared because God wanted him spared. He is important which is why Grace saw that he was coming home.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, OtterMommy said:

As for Sheryl, I would be surprised if she knew it was Kristen's egg.  Sheryl may be horrible, but she ultimately does love her daughter and granddaughters.  That may be the line that is too far for her that Leland has just crossed.  Maybe.  

I read this a lot, and I’m legitimately confused by it. They are showing us nothing to make me think she loves anyone or anything. Maybe power. Sociopaths are likeable, I suppose, because that’s how they’re effective. Sheryl’s a murderer, a manipulator, a liar, and an abuser. She is literally demonic. The line hasn’t been crossed with torture? Or bringing her grandchild to an actual beast? Even serial killers show “love” to people they’re using. They have families. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Grace talked to her. She knew her dad was coming how therefore the avalanche story was a lie. Leland was obvious from that point.

They had a plan ready to go as soon as the call came in though, so they clearly already suspected Leland was holding Andy before the Avalanche call.

Which, I mean, they should have suspected something is up because those "calls" with Andy were so blatantly fakes, but it invites the usual question of why they didn't take this suspicion to their mother or tech wizard Ben.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

I'm not going to lie, SD, when I first saw that I thought even demons like Dyanamite?  LOL!

Maybe George can dance to it next season. ;)

(I love that song!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

A post on the Evil twitter posted "What DF just happened?" Geddit? These guys kill me...

It seems the availability of the acter playing Andy has affected his storyline quite a bit, which the Kings explain (among other things) in this interview. It appears the "angel of beginning" from the pop up book was might to covey a sense of optimism about the future...

https://ew.com/tv/evil-season-3-finale-explained/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=62f9488e54ec3f000109f30b

Edited by StarBrand
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

I'm not going to lie, SD, when I first saw that I thought even demons like Dyanamite?  LOL!

Hahaha! 😂

HJ, send a tweet to Robert King and ask for a Disco Demon. You may get lucky.

Weeks ago, I have tweeted Evil team and asked for a Wendigo…🤞🏻😆

• LOL 1

Damn, KH is just fantastic at the heart-wrenching stuff. From Kristen's near-hysterical confession to David in last season's finale to her reaction to being told the fake news about Andy (from the moment she saw someone other than him appear in the video call) to her tearful joy at seeing him again, she never fails to rip my heart into shreads. I just love watching her.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:08 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

I never got the impression throughout the series that the show was going for a "Chosen One"-type storyline with Kristen (with Lexis, yeah, maybe). He is probably after it because it is a sibling to Lexis, the previous Chosen One, whom he has realized things aren't going to work out with. Also because it comes from RSM, which has spawned its fair share of demonic children with no input from Kristen.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, kwnyc said:

(Though, based on the ex-nuns I know, maybe Lynn just hasn't realized she's a lesbian.)

I thought exactly the same thing when she said that all her friends wanted to talk about was boys or something like that. 👀 I definitely would prefer this turn of events to a "Lynn suddenly feels a calling to the church" because the show could use more lesbian content (and no, Kristen and her nun girlfriend Fenna don't count 😜).

Even though I'm a card-carrying member of the "going to hell for still shipping Kristen and David" club, I thought the Bouchard marriage reunion was lovely. I 100% believed Kristen when she said she loved him. It's nice that the show is not going for an awkward love triangle thing with them and is letting them be genuinely in love and happy. Though I feel bad about what is ahead for Andy before someone catches on/he suddenly remembers what happened to him.

I was disappointed by Sister Andrea, a character we are supposed to side with, toeing the party line, as it were, with the whole "That is not how young ladies behave!" wrt Kristen's daughters. Fuck that! Young ladies should be allowed to be loud and obnoxious, the way boys are allowed to be and the way the show allows the 4Ls to be. Anything else is just, as Kristen would say, patriarchal bullshit. That said, the best part of that scene was Laura deadpanning "Mirabella" when Kristen was introducing them to Sister Andrea by name, and her sisters' wordless "WTF" reactions. I love those girls.

• Love 6