Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E14: Temperature Check

• Start Topic

Shaeeda turns the tables on Bilal and his prenup; Thais tells her dad the truth; Jibri clashes with his parents when they push him about his plans; Kara vents to friends about Guillermo's doubts; Ari and Bini make a momentous decision.

First Look: 15/7/22; TLC: 17/7/22; Discovery +: 17/7/22

(edited)
3 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ari does not look good in jeans.

They were the very definition of “Mom Jeans” and could they have been any tighter? 

I was just coming here to say I am impressed with Bibi’s prowess with the sewing machine! That’s a skill he might be able to use in some kind of job. I was worried about how close his fingers kept getting to the needle, though. 

Also, I had to laugh how little Avi was totally disinterested in Ari’s arrival home. 

19AC7772-69BD-4BD7-9777-8CF7F7FB43CE.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
Edited to add photo
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6

Kobe has friends! Temperature seems like a smart guy. Doubt that Ems will want to leave small town life any time soon. It would be good for them to get away from the parents and in a larger city where there are more black people and a bit of an African community.

Shaeeda, good for you for getting your attorney to basically say that the pre-nup benefits only Bilal. I assume that Bilal wants to take over her yoga studio and pull that from under the rug. He still has true love a bit mixed up. Something that the business of marriage grows into over time. Nope.

I didn't like Ari's huge handbag. Really dwarfed her. If Bini can sew, he can get a part time job at a tailor. Handy skill to have. Ari is still all about her. Why is Leandro watching dress shopping? Good to know he is skipping the wedding.

• Like 4

First Look: 

Have to say Bilalzebub has some sort of cojones to declare what mine is mine and what yours is partially mine just because I gave you some start up cash. The asshole is full of himself. 

I really don't give a crap about Ari and Bini but super surprised and pleased that the man sews. I mean, that could be a business in itself if he is super good at it.  He really loves his kid.

• Like 2
  • Love 9
(edited)

For an international underwear model, Kobe looked passive and uncomfortable at his tuxedo fitting.  The store and sales associate looked the same from Emily's bridal gown shopping scene,  Yet again, Mother Emily was hovering over Kobe so that she and Emily can criticize his fathering skills.  And, Emily's father is so against the wedding that he goes to the tuxedo fitting, too.

Just having to see mouth-breather Bile on the screen disgusts me.  Yet, he ups the ante and his condescending passive-aggressiveness with his air quotes every time he says "talk" in reference to Shaeda's request.  Shaeda is working the script with her dumb line, "You love love, but you put business first."  And she throws in the, "I gave up everything to come here and marry you."  I wonder if he will be her agent in the deal for the yoga studio and charge and keep the commission.  After all, it's his real estate empire.  He's a jerk for saying that he'll consider Shaeda's pre-nush counter-proposal, and for telling a 37-year old woman who has called off 3 engagements that marriage isn't just a fairytale.  

I can't and won't start with Orthodox Christian Bini in his oversized cross settling on a Jewish wedding because the chuppah includes the colors of the Ethiopian flag front & center, and because it makes Ari's parents happy.  I wonder what her wedding ceremony with Leandro was like.  Ari's cell phone looked like a full-sized tablet in the back pocket of her mom-jeans.  

Edited by Grifter Lives
Proofreading
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

Ari's cell phone looked like a full-sized tablet in the back pocket of her mom-jeans. 

It wouldn't fit in her enormous red handbag? 

1 hour ago, Grifter Lives said:

And, Emily's father is so against the wedding that he goes to the tuxedo fitting, too.

I would imagine he was also getting fitted as the FOB. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

For an international underwear model, Kobe looked passive and uncomfortable at his tuxedo fitting.  The store and sales associate looked the same from Emily's bridal gown shopping scene,  Yet again, Mother Emily was hovering over Kobe so that she and Emily can criticize his fathering skills.  And, Emily's father is so against the wedding that he goes to the tuxedo fitting, too.

Just having to see mouth-breather Bile on the screen disgusts me.  Yet, he ups the ante and his condescending passive-aggressiveness with his air quotes every time he says "talk" in reference to Shaeda's request.  Shaeda is working the script with her dumb line, "You love love, but you put business first."  And she throws in the, "I gave up everything to come here and marry you."  I wonder if he will be her agent in the deal for the yoga studio and charge and keep the commission.  After all, it's his real estate empire.  He's a jerk for saying, that he'll consider Shaeda's pre-nush counter-proposal, and for telling a 37-year old woman who has called off 3 engagements that marriage isn't just a fairytale.  

I can't and won't start with Orthodox Christian Bini in his oversized cross settling on a Jewish wedding because the chuppah includes the colors of the Ethiopian flag front & center, and because it makes Ari's parents happy.  I wonder what her wedding ceremony with Leandro was like.  Ari's cell phone looked like a full-sized tablet in the back pocket of her mom-jeans.  

I would think Shaeeda is realizing that her prince is becoming more frog-like. The coach is turning in to a pumpkin.

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

If Bini can sew, he can get a part time job at a tailor. Handy skill to have. Ari is still all about her. Why is Leandro watching dress shopping? Good to know he is skipping the wedding.

I don't think that Bini was even following a pattern. Really impressed with his sewing skills. Like many said, I think he can (once able) in addition to his dream job, sew (and maybe even design) women's clothes and earn a pretty good living. A woman seeing a beautiful dress or top in a magazine, wanting to have that or something similar in her own wardrobe, hire Bini - and you have a unique beautiful outfit. Oh, yeah, then there's the jealous Ari. Guess that's off the table.

I have no respect for the girlish Leandro. What guy doesn't feel and back up another guy and respect boundaries (although none given by Ari or Bini, he should know better than to be a nuisance in his ex-wife's relationship). He's a zero in my book because of this.

15 hours ago, magemaud said:

Also, I had to laugh how little Avi was totally disinterested in Ari’s arrival home. 

Very telling, wasn't it? Ari seemed to not even consider enbracing her son after being gone for the day. It wouldn't have occurred to her that mom's normally just instinctively do this.

Ari always crying about "working on their relationship." Did it occur to her that she needs to say so-long to the ex? How does she not see how that impacts the relationship? How about working on her extreme jealousy issues? Or understanding that Bini really isn't a liar, she just perceives him as one to cover up her own insecurity and jealousy issues? So sick of people who have multiple issues who blame others for their own faults - and get away with it. S.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I don't think that Bini was even following a pattern. Really impressed with his sewing skills. Like many said, I think he can (once able) in addition to his dream job, sew (and maybe even design) women's clothes and earn a pretty good living. A woman seeing a beautiful dress or top in a magazine, wanting to have that or something similar in her own wardrobe, hire Bini - and you have a unique beautiful outfit. Oh, yeah, then there's the jealous Ari. Guess that's off the table.

I have no respect for the girlish Leandro. What guy doesn't feel and back up another guy and respect boundaries (although none given by Ari or Bini, he should know better than to be a nuisance in his ex-wife's relationship). He's a zero in my book because of this.

Very telling, wasn't it? Ari seemed to not even consider enbracing her son after being gone for the day. It wouldn't have occurred to her that mom's normally just instinctively do this.

Ari always crying about "working on their relationship." Did it occur to her that she needs to say so-long to the ex? How does she not see how that impacts the relationship? How about working on her extreme jealousy issues? Or understanding that Bini really isn't a liar, she just perceives him as one to cover up her own insecurity and jealousy issues? So sick of people who have multiple issues who blame others for their own faults - and get away with it. S.

If their relationship is worse here maybe they should go back to Ethiopia lol.

Not sure if this fits here or in the couple's thread but how pathetic is that Areola's best friend is her ex husband. There are no girlfriends, her sisters or sister in laws that want to hang out with her?!?

• Applause 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, greekmom said:

Not sure if this fits here or in the couple's thread but how pathetic is that Areola's best friend is her ex husband. There are no girlfriends, her sisters or sister in laws that want to hang out with her?!?

Would you want to hang out with her?   I wouldn't. 

I can see her mother's older children not wanting to tolerate her.    When your mother abandons your family to be with her affair partner, and marries him, and enables their spoiled younger half sibling, then I would loath being around her too.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, greekmom said:

There are no girlfriends, her sisters or sister in laws that want to hang out with her?!?

I'll bet her siblings and in-laws can barely tolerate her. They're all half siblings (to her) and it wouldn't surprise me if they're tired of seeing how she gets special attention from their mother and stepfather.

edited to add: and we KNOW how her Ethiopian sister-in-laws feel about her! 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, greekmom said:

We all saw how obnoxious she was from the jump, when she was in attendance at the birthing class. And I have a feeling that she will quickly turn on you if you might say anything that sounds the least bit critical. She’s emotionally and psychologically impaired. Who the fuck wants to constantly walk on eggshells (while she says anything that comes to mind)?

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

We all saw how obnoxious she was from the jump, when she was in attendance at the birthing class. And I have a feeling that she will quickly turn on you if you might say anything that sounds the least bit critical. She’s emotionally and psychologically impaired. Who the fuck wants to constantly walk on eggshells (while she says anything that comes to mind)?

Imagine being her boss.  Remember when the boss asked if she had sent emails yet and she said no because she was with Avi at the park lol?

• LOL 1
(edited)

I think Areola is flaming out at this point in the story. Her weight goes crazilyy up and down and from the neck up she's constantly changing.

I think that if they broke up, Bini should have primary custody, he clearly delights in the child and has endless patience with him. However, he and A don't seem a love match, with A clearly pining for someone else (Leandro) right in front of her fiance, who sees it. I do think Bini has talent in design, color, and (clearly) fabric. He can learn more about U.S. tastes and preferences. Although being a tailor wouldn't measure up to the grandparents' expectations, he could start a custom clothing business and eventually employ a tailor or two. It's hard to find high-quality clothing and fabric off-the-rack now, and having it tailored can cost more than the garment.

I have no words this time for Bill-All's arrogance and condescension toward Shaeeda. That she hasn't thrown a drink (or  more) in his face and gone home shows superhuman self-control, IMO. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

She’s emotionally and psychologically impaired. Who the fuck wants to constantly walk on eggshells

Great description of Ari.

11 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I think that if they broke up, Bini should have primary custody, he clearly delights in the child and has endless patience with him. However, these two don't seem a love match, with Areola clearly pining for someone else (Leandro) right in front of her fiance, who sees it.

Most if not all of the couples this season don't seem to be a love match. There's not a lot of drama this time either. Ari's got a real mean streak that she uses Leandro for. She's got a lot of anger towards Bini for her own perceived injustices, so out comes her weapon of choice: Leandro. Every woman on the planet knows it's not a good idea to invite your ex-husband to go wedding dress shopping with you or buy bras for you. "She's emotionally and psychologically impaired." Yup! Totally.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

I think Areola is flaming out at this point in the story. Her weight goes crazilyy up and down and from the neck up she's constantly changing.

I think that if they broke up, Bini should have primary custody, he clearly delights in the child and has endless patience with him. However, he and A don't seem a love match, with A clearly pining for someone else (Leandro) right in front of her fiance, who sees it. I do think Bini has talent in design, color, and (clearly) fabric. He can learn more about U.S. tastes and preferences. Although being a tailor wouldn't measure up to the grandparents' expectations, he could start a custom clothing business and eventually employ a tailor or two. It's hard to find high-quality clothing and fabric off-the-rack now, and having it tailored can cost more than the garment.

Just curious, is B. ever allowed to see his first son now that her is in the U.S.? If not, why not? Even if he and A broke up, an incentive to stay in the U.S. might be spending time with both his sons.     

I have no words this time for Bill-All's arrogance and condescension toward Shaeeda. That she hasn't thrown a drink (or  more) in his face and gone home shows superhuman self-control, IMO. 

The answer to Bini questions are in the Ari & Bini couples thread. 

5 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Why is she allowed to procreate? Good lord. The nerve of her Dad saying she’s a very “Independent” women is hilarious. 

B3604D71-2AEB-47E8-A733-C51C73D858AF.jpeg

F5862F4F-92BE-41AC-A31A-9997FA2B8EA1.jpeg

Her parents breathe a sigh of relief.....we can help you  pack!

• LOL 2

Everything about Bilal is very posed and deliberate. Even when he puts a finger to his forehead, it's as if he's thinking, "I'm going to put my finger to my forehead now." It's all a pose, nothing spontaneous.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

Looks like I called it in one of my E12: Different Ex-pectations posts in which I wrote:

"I'm wondering: if Thais told Patrick her dad said 'I don't like Patrick. I don't trust him and I don't want you to marry him' what would Patrick say? 'Oh shucks. Well, better pack your bags and go back to Brazil, honey. Dad says 'No'!'

Not a chance. Patrick's all 'Man Code' now because he thinks Thais' dad likes him and would give them his blessing..."

No. I didn't write the script. 😉

Thais knows her father much better than Patrick does. Everyone is more of an expert on their immediate family than the immediate family of anyone else.

It's why the (unwritten) relationship rule for couples is each person is responsible for handling their immediate family, and one should never coerce their partner to handle a member of their immediate family differently than the way they think is best.

So, what's Patrick going to do now? I'm betting he wishes he'd kept his big mouth shut and not given Thais an ultimatum about something that wasn't his business to get involved with in the first place.

Between Patrick with his "Man Code" and his refusal to include Thais in decisions that affect her, and John with his "Be a man" B.S., the cloud of toxic masculinity in that house must be so thick I'm surprised Thais doesn't need a guide dog to navigate from one room to another.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Do Kara and Guillermo have two chihuahuas or was there editing hijinx?  They would cut back and forth to him with the dog in bed then to the dog running around at the lame bachelorette party (“we can be as loud as we want”- sure the neighbors liked that) .

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I wonder what Jibri’s agreement with his parents was.  Seems to me if they knew they didn’t have the funds to live on their own, they could have tried harder to make things work.  For example, help with the cooking and cleaning. Miona on the other hands, has been ready to leave from Day One.  I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but unless she has money that Jibri doesn’t know about, she is in for a rude awakening. 

When they showed Thais at home in Brazil, her family didn’t appear to have a lot of money and yet her father wants her to come home.  I hope Mohamed follows her lead. 

Emily is no prize, but if Kobe knows what is good for him, he won't take unmarried Temperature's advice when it comes to marital relations.  My husband is from Columbus, OH, so he's right on point when he says that it's a great place to live.  The people there are kind, decent, warm and friendly.

• Love 1
On 7/16/2022 at 12:32 PM, Grifter Lives said:

The only thing we know about Ari and Leandro's wedding was that Leandro chose her dress--hot pink and slit up to there. I'm guessing it was not a traditional Jewish ceremony. 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:16 PM, greekmom said:

Her eyes immediately narrow and the claws come out when she is in a room with any woman who isn't her mother. She's insecure like its her job.

• Love 8

Ari is such an odd duck.  Really weird.

Shame on Emily for not calling off the wedding and allowing her parents to spend all that money when she knows she is pregnant.  The wedding money will be needed for the second baby.  Those two (Emily and Kobe) could never make it on their own away from her parents.  They (the parents) are screwed. 

• Like 3
  • Love 6

I think the couple that bothers me the most is Thais and Patrick and of course John.  Thais should've gone back a long time ago.  Patrick including John in all their personal relationship stuff is just weird.  I understand they're brothers, but when it comes to Patrick's and Thais personal life, John should butt out!  Patrick should not have agreed to let John move in with them.  Thais is doing the right thing and moving back home!  

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Shauna said:

Shame on Emily for not calling off the wedding and allowing her parents to spend all that money when she knows she is pregnant.  The wedding money will be needed for the second baby.  Those two (Emily and Kobe) could never make it on their own away from her parents.  They (the parents) are screwed. 

I'm sure Em and Kobe are planning to make a career out of Pillow Talk.  I can see them now, Kobe sitting there muttering "Oh My Goodness" every two minutes and Emily whipping out the breasts for a late-nite snack. 

On another note, WRT to Temperature's diatribe about how the man is the boss and the woman belongs to him because that's the African way - OK, which is it? You come to America because, as you say, it is so wonderful, despite all the women being "on top".  Then, you proceed to attempt to shove your misogynistic beliefs onto the women who come into your life.  I guess it's "their way" to have it both ways?

• Applause 2
  • Love 3

Mohammed & Bilal should be together.  Hang at the mosques & build their empires & just live together forever.  I predict they'd be the best & most successful couple to come out of 90df franchise.  

Yve can use the opportunity to pull her head out of her ass & get 👏her👏self👏to👏ge👏ther👏!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

Egypt Tim doesn't know anything about compromising and that's a deal-breaker in a relationship. You can't work with someone like this. I did like how he mentioned interrogation and how he didn't appreciate it to Yve and her squad. The questions asked during the first meeting were way, way, over the line. You don't expect that from bright, educated, smart women and I don't blame ET for not liking this group. But with his unwillingness to be open to any of Yve's ideas, thoughts, opinions and lifestyle, this 'aint gonna work. He also seems to have no problem heading back to Egypt - at the drop of a hat. SO . . . . . . . . . . Yve, let this guy go home to his mama. He's in no way ready to even have a girlfriend, let alone a wife.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The only thing we know about Ari and Leandro's wedding was that Leandro chose her dress--hot pink and slit up to there. I'm guessing it was not a traditional Jewish ceremony. 

Or Catholic, which I suspect Leandro is.

And what's with that nod to Ethiopia with the flag colors on the chuppah? Could they have been any more discrete? All season we have seen Bini just about wearing the entire flag on his back and now they're doing three skinny little stripes of color to signify his homeland? 

I know it wasn't built to be beautiful, but that synagogue interior doesn't lend itself to lovely wedding photographs. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kdawg82 said:

Mohammed & Bilal should be together.

They both seem like bottoms so I don’t think it would work.

1 hour ago, Breedom said:

The questions asked during the first meeting were way, way, over the line.

The question about how he knew how to have sex was especially stupid.  How does anyone know their first time?  And people have had sex for thousands of years before porn.  What imbeciles.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
(edited)

Memo to Patrick: You NEVER, EVER force someone's opinion unless you really want it. Thais obviously wanted to avoid telling her father for this very reason: She knew he'd forbid the marriage and didn't have the emotional strength to directly disobey him. Much better to get married first, then present him with the marriage as a fait accompli. But you went and bullied her into asking her father beforehand anyway. Nice job breaking it, idiot.

Having said that, Thais' dad is an idiot and a jerk. There are exactly two things that can happen if you tell your child "I forbid this wedding":

1. They'll marry anyway and your relationship with them will be either ruined or at least strained forever. They may forgive you in time, but they will never, ever forget that you forced them to make that choice. And their spouse will be especially sour on you, both for the way you treated them and for the emotional wringer you put their spouse (your child) through.

2. They won't marry and will instead resent you the rest of their lives. Even if they find someone else and marry and have a wonderful life, they'll still occasionally think "What would my life have been if I'd married X instead?" and when they do, they'll blame you for their never finding out.

Memo to Emily: Lots of people are "Kings" or "Princes" of their tribes in Africa. It's similar to all of the Dukes and Earls and Barons in the United Kingdom: some are fabulously wealthy, others are legitimately rich, but most are just normal people with a fancy title that means nothing in the rest of the world.

Gotta love how Bilal is looking at an impending marriage solely as a business transaction: "Well, if I put in some seed money to start your Yoga business and we get divorced, my amortized return isn't going to be what I'd like." I guess he doesn't subscribe to the notion that you'd help your spouse because you love them and want them to succeed?

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Gotta love how Bilal is looking at an impending marriage solely as a business transaction: "Well, if I put in some seed money to start your Yoga business and we get divorced, my amortized return isn't going to be what I'd like." I guess he doesn't subscribe to the notion that you'd help you spouse out because you love them and want them to succeed?

Bilal likes conversating about the prenup he brung to the relationship. 

• Fire 2
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2022 at 6:00 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

Would you want to hang out with her?   I wouldn't. 

I can see her mother's older children not wanting to tolerate her.    When your mother abandons your family to be with her affair partner, and marries him, and enables their spoiled younger half sibling, then I would loath being around her too.    

Wait, wuuuuuuuut????

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Breedom said:

Egypt Tim 

You’re a genius, I just want you to know that. The way I just snorted…. 😂

He’s heading the race for most horrible cast member with Emily gawfumping in a close second.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bugfrey Von said:

You’re a genius, I just want you to know that. The way I just snorted…. 😂

He’s heading the race for most horrible cast member with Emily gawfumping in a close second.

For me, Emily is way ahead of Mo in this race as she is bringing multiple children into it...

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Memo to Patrick: You NEVER, EVER force someone's opinion unless you really want it. Thais obviously wanted to avoid telling her father for this very reason: She knew he'd forbid the marriage and didn't have the emotional strength to directly disobey him. Much better to get married first, then present him with the marriage as a fait accompli. But you went and bullied her into asking her father beforehand anyway. Nice job breaking it, idiot.

Exactly! Plus, she knows her father better than Patrick does, that's for sure, and knew what he'd say. Plus, where does Patrick get the idea that her father liked Patrick? Is it cause "everyone likes him" and he just assumed? I don't think the father hates Patrick specifically. I think he'd hate anyone Thais brought home. Dad is an a-hole. Full stop.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Shaeeda is telling Bilal how she had fallen head over heels for him, like in a fairytale and he cuts her off and says there is no such thing as a fairytale love, why would he say that when someone who he is supposedly is in love with enough to marry says that she is infact in love with him?

How stupid is Shaeeda's lawyer, of course the pre nush is soley to protect Bilal.  All this fuss over a man that does not have much to his name and pays child support.

If Shaeeda wants to start a yoga studio, great but shouldn't she work at an existing studio to get a following and make some money?  And in this age of on line living she could certainly have online classes that way she can avoid using Bilal's money, you know so he does not repossess her yoga mat should the marriage end.

Also, let's go to a public place to discuss our personal finances and such because the kids are home.  Never heard of closing a door to the office?

Also, Bilal and his future billions, lolololololol!

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Also, let's go to a public place to discuss our personal finances and such because the kids are home.  Never heard of closing a door to the office?

Or wait for one of the frequent times when the kids aren’t there.

Production probably wants them out of the house as much as possible so viewers don’t pick up that it’s not his real house.

2 minutes ago, PearlClutcher said:

Is it me or does Ari have this weird, blank look a lot? Knock, knock, is anyone home?  

I think she is on mood stabilizers or anti-psychotic meds or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4