Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Another theory of what's going on with the backstage crew. From Monte: There will be a competition with the two nominees and the three backstage crew. The two that perform the worst will be up for eviction.

Monte is noticing that Paloma is going off verbally.

I hear Monte talking, but I see a white rabbit in a box.

OK, now  - here's the rabbit again! OK, back to Monte, Joseph and Michael in the Have Not room. They are talking about getting Paloma. The watermelon slice is deflated. They are questioning why Paloma was talking to Taylor. Monte's saying Paloma told him one thing and then she's saying another. They are afraid Paloma will tell Taylor all the stuff people were saying about her and who said it.

So, there is a chance that Taylor will be safe and Paloma could be evicted?  That is exactly what would save this season for me.

• Applause 3
  • Love 5

Joseph says Taylor said "No way is Daniel putting two black people on the block because of how it looks." 

Back to the white cat washing his front left paw. Then he stares at the camera. He's aware of his audience.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Indie is going to cook a big dinner for the Have Not guys once they are off of slop. Salmon, rice, potatos, maybe fajitas. 

Terrence, Nicole, Pooch and Turner are going to volunteer to be next week's Have Nots. 

39 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Indie is going to cook a big dinner for the Have Not guys once they are off of slop. Salmon, rice, potatos, maybe fajitas. 

Terrence, Nicole, Pooch and Turner are going to volunteer to be next week's Have Nots. 

I bet Jasmine will complain about Indy;s cooking. 

Who volunteered first? Curious the last person to volunteer , who probably wanted to be in the room for listening.social more then getting it over with.

5 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Yes.  I thought that Ameerah and Alyssa were, as well, until they revealed last night that they really don't have a problem with Taylor at all and actually feel bad for what's happening to her.  But Jasmine's creeping up to Paloma's level.

All of the other women seem otherwise okay.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

She has only Nicole, Ameerah, and Alyssa who feel even remotely bad for her position.  I think, at this point, she has to hope for a hail Mary in the form of whatever the Backstage twist is.

I don't know if she actually has Nicole though. 

13 hours ago, Suzysite said:

I don't get that kind of thinking.  Is the only acceptable scenario two straight white guys being put up?  All the players are in the game for the same reason.   I mean, The Cookout was as racist a plan as it could be, but it's up to the HOH and their alliance. So let them do what they need to.

I don’t think anyone has said that.   Last season did a great job of explaining the history of racial dynamics of this show, so no need to completely rehash reasons behind the cookout.    But in summary, first boots are often those seen as not fitting in with the majority.   And Black people on this show are disproportionately given the label even though their actual actions are no different than other houseguests.   

So until we have several seasons where the pattern of Black people being targeted early for vague reasons then the criticism will remain and is fair.   

• Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, After7Only said:

I don’t think anyone has said that.   Last season did a great job of explaining the history of racial dynamics of this show, so no need to completely rehash reasons behind the cookout.    But in summary, first boots are often those seen as not fitting in with the majority.   And Black people on this show are disproportionately given the label even though their actual actions are no different than other houseguests.   

So until we have several seasons where the pattern of Black people being targeted early for vague reasons then the criticism will remain and is fair.   

I think it's also Taylor's personality. She's quiet and inoffensive. You might even say she's a bit meek. People are making all sorts of assumptions about her character and (to feed watchers), she seems the exact opposite of what they're saying. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I think it's also Taylor's personality. She's quiet and inoffensive. You might even say she's a bit meek.

It's interesting because I did not get that vibe at all from Night 1 Taylor. She came off like a picky princess, complaining about how the kitchen smelled like onions with a full on stank face (I actually had thought she was making a shady comment to Terrance about B.O. or something). She sounded snotty when a suggestion was made to get bread from the storage room ("I'm not going to get it," complete with a nose wrinkle and Look), and when the Motherfucking Chore Chart was brought up by Daniel, she had a strong reaction against it. It was probably all Night 1 jitters but I was sure that she was going to rub everyone wrong with her attitude. IMO she did come off like an entitled pageant girl that night. Since that night, she became really toned down but there are still things that she does: in group settings, she talks over people, talks louder over people that are talking to "correct" a story, makes jokes that fall a little flat (I think this one is more because the other HGs give her no energy back).

That's not to say that she deserves this. Her crimes are minor. The reaction to her has been way out of proportion from the HGs but I don't know if I could call her meek, quiet, or inoffensive. I think she just got the vibes from the others and has adjusted accordingly. That would dim anyone's sparkle.

God damn it, now I'm saying vibes too.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

It's interesting because I did not get that vibe at all from Night 1 Taylor. She came off like a picky princess, complaining about how the kitchen smelled like onions with a full on stank face (I actually had thought she was making a shady comment to Terrance about B.O. or something). She sounded snotty when a suggestion was made to get bread from the storage room ("I'm not going to get it," complete with a nose wrinkle and Look), and when the Motherfucking Chore Chart was brought up by Daniel, she had a strong reaction against it. It was probably all Night 1 jitters but I was sure that she was going to rub everyone wrong with her attitude. IMO she did come off like an entitled pageant girl that night. Since that night, she became really toned down but there are still things that she does: in group settings, she talks over people, talks louder over people that are talking to "correct" a story, makes jokes that fall a little flat (I think this one is more because the other HGs give her no energy back).

That's not to say that she deserves this. Her crimes are minor. The reaction to her has been way out of proportion from the HGs but I don't know if I could call her meek, quiet, or inoffensive. I think she just got the vibes from the others and has adjusted accordingly. That would dim anyone's sparkle.

God damn it, now I'm saying vibes too.

I'm very introverted and Taylor is to me a classic introvert. In large social settings we often don't know how to calibrate at first, so we come across as awkward and even aloof. There's a lot of social anxiety. It takes a good chunk of time (days, sometimes weeks or months) for us to find that right level of medium chill.

I think it's very hard to play BB as an introvert. There have been those who have succeeded (Ian, Steve) but in general this is a game for extroverts.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Taylor's also a pageant girl, successful enough to get to Miss USA and win Miss Congeniality. Not to say an introvert can't do well in that setting but I dunno. I guess I'm not seeing it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Paloma: "What's that... Crow over the Cuckoo? Something?"
The Turner Formerly Known As Matt: "The movie with Jack Nicholson? 'Over the Cuckoo's Nest'?"
Paloma: "No, I think that one is just called 'Cuckoo'." She knows because her psych professor made them watch it.

Paloma is also having trouble distinguishing the difference between a dream and reality. She believes her dreams are prophetic and that this is some Inception stuff.

Paloma: "We're just personifying stuff in this house because we're going insane. Like, my glasses are dancing over there. This rug is like our pet. It's shedding, like a dog. We need to name the rug. It's our pet."

Paloma also said that her body has been possessed by Descartes.

Paloma: "Where's Julie? I need her to talk me out of this dream right now."

Reminder: it's day 7.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Mind Blown 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Indy, upon being asked if she wants kids: "Yes. But I want twins because I only want to be pregnant once. And then I will adopt extras."

Paloma update: she managed to grab five minutes of sleep in a bathroom full of chattering, loud people, which was enough to recharge her batteries. She then sat up like she had been raised from the dead, declared them to be in a dream, then called it a simulation, claimed that Elon Musk is now in control of the world, and said that they were all in a new version of Get Out. So she should be good to go for the next six hours of batshittery.

FTR Taylor has joined the much larger group of people at the dining room table and absolutely no one has complaints about her now that she's on the block. Shocking. In fact people seem to be ditching Paloma and her rambling ass more than they're ditching Taylor now. Heh.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Paloma: "What's that... Crow over the Cuckoo? Something?"
The Turner Formerly Known As Matt: "The movie with Jack Nicholson? 'Over the Cuckoo's Nest'?"
Paloma: "No, I think that one is just called 'Cuckoo'." She knows because her psych professor made them watch it.

Paloma is also having trouble distinguishing the difference between a dream and reality. She believes her dreams are prophetic and that this is some Inception stuff.

Paloma: "We're just personifying stuff in this house because we're going insane. Like, my glasses are dancing over there. This rug is like our pet. It's shedding, like a dog. We need to name the rug. It's our pet."

Paloma also said that her body has been possessed by Descartes.

Paloma: "Where's Julie? I need her to talk me out of this dream right now."

Reminder: it's day 7.

Well, now I'm reconsidering my decision to not watch the feeds this season. But is she, uh, OK? She doesn't seem like a chill homie at ALL.

• LOL 2
(edited)
5 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Well, now I'm reconsidering my decision to not watch the feeds this season. But is she, uh, OK? She doesn't seem like a chill homie at ALL.

Paloma has gotten a grand total of six hours of sleep in six days (not actually but probably close). Part of it is that she feels the need to be part of everything. Part of it is sleeping in the hallway bedroom while a large group loudly chats at the dining room table until 4 am every night. And the last part of it is that she's qUiRkY 🤪. It's entertaining until it's not and then it's annoying.

Like, imagine if we had a live feed of Phillip from Survivor. That's what I figure Paloma is like, except she's the Gen Z Cool Girl version of Phillip.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

Supes boring feeds tonight although we did get this gem from Alyssa.

Alyssa to Jasmine: "I can't find him [Kyle] attractive because of how crusty his lips are."

ETA:

The majority of the HGs are sitting around the table, telling everyone what they're first impressions were on people/their reactions when they first saw them. Literally almost everyone has described Taylor as "gorgeous, the dress you wore looked amazing on you, we vibed right way". Yuh-huh, suuure.

Poochie has been described as the Italian Stallion and a young Leo DiCaprio and Cody Calafiore. Indy called Michael her "gay friend". Daniel said that his first impression of Alyssa was "oh shit, my ex" and his first impression of Indy was "big boobs". The Turner formerly known as Matt looks like a dude who would listen to Nirvana which tracks (personally I would add "probably says he's from the wrong generation"). All four feeds have been on this for the past half-hour. Kill me now. Someone wake up Paloma from whatever corner she's recharging her batteries in.

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

The thing that has become more and more obvious over the years is that you just can't win this game unless you're a physical threat or you have a super close alliance with a physical threat who will protect you. It's just, like, these people like the Artist currently known as Turner. How is he possibly going to win this game when he can't beat these guys at Final Five or whatever? 

We saw it last year, when Tiffany was all smart and shit, but then they get to the end and it's, "Oh, yeah, the buff smart guys are going to beat you every time." It was like the early days of the Amazing Race when they would have teams of two smart, physical guys on the show and it would just be so unbalanced. 

I bring it up only because I've found it is sapping some of my attention of the game when so many people seem to have no chance right off the bat.

Edited by Brian Cronin
  • Like 2
  • Love 9

Taylor was apologizing to Michael because of Daniel's re-nom speech where he blamed her for everything like the world turning and gravity sucking and whatnot. She explained to Michael about the Monte conversation confusion (she told Monte that Paloma was thinking that there was an all guys alliance and it being spun as Taylor accusing the guys of having an alliance) and apologized for the confusion to which Michael told her that she didn't have to apologize for anything to him. She also correctly clocked Jasmine as not voting for her to stay and said that she can't depend on a twist with the Backstage Bullshit saving her so she's putting in some work. Which is all well and good and props for not letting death take her except she's more toast than the frozen waffles I burnt for the husband's breakfast tonight. Now she's trying to suss out Nicole and telling her that she wanted to play for/with the Girls' Girls. Nicole is giving no energy to this conversation so that's going to go well when she repeats it to Daniel later in order to take the title of Dopest Homie away from Paloma.

Speaking of, Paloma is dealing with a sore throat and supposedly went to bed and is not speaking to save her voice. So I assume Paloma will be on all four feeds in ten minutes, telling us all about how Elon Musk is controlling her in the Matrix while starring in a Jordan Peele movie.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I will say that I kind of enjoy how no one knows what the fuck kind of Backstage Bullshit this Backstage Pass thing is. Just that it is going to be something stupid (and "conveniently," three women picked by a man who was himself chosen at "random"). 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Brian Cronin said:

I will say that I kind of enjoy how no one knows what the fuck kind of Backstage Bullshit this Backstage Pass thing is. Just that it is going to be something stupid (and "conveniently," three women picked by a man who was himself chosen at "random"). 

Yep, and, as much drama Paloma is guaranteeing she'll cause later on down the line, there's no way that production is going to allow her to be booted this week instead of Taylor.  And here, I thought, on premiere night that Brittany was going to bring the entertainment with her cray-cray eyes.

• Love 2

Regarding the Taylor situation, I think it's wrong to make it a racism thing because it diminishes what it really is, which in my opinion is pure jealousy and slut shaming or at least this is how it began.

Taylor got into the house saying she doesn't care about strategy or competitions, she will use her looks to advance into the game and I guess this is what we saw her doing in the second episode. Things could have been different and the guys could have been charmed by her instead of trying to kick her out if Paloma had not worked THAT fast in creating an alliance with them and in that case we would have a different story now.

Paloma took what Taylor was doing (trying to use her looks) and made it a big bad thing and this is exactly what is wrong in my eyes. I really don't think that Taylor being black had any impact to what Paloma did. And of course it's not only Paloma, it's all the "girls girls" who accused Taylor for not being a girls girl while them being proud for being girls girls, slut shaming another girl! That was ironic.. Is this what girls girls are supposed to do?

It's so sad that we were waiting for a new season for so long, and especially after an amazing BB Canada season, this is what we get...

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

And here, I thought, on premiere night that Brittany was going to bring the entertainment with her cray-cray eyes.

I keep seeing reddit talking about Brittany tanking her game today (maybe in a conversation involving Jasmine who is quickly becoming my 13th reason why) but I can't figure out what exactly she did. But your prediction might come true!

...do you also have prophetic dreams like Paloma?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Nicole talking to Daniel, advocating for Taylor: She thinks Monte is consciously twisting things, because he is targeting the strong women. Monte is the one we should be looking out for.

Daniel doesn’t care. Taylor called Jasmine fat, so she has to go.

Nicole thinks the twist will put one of the Backdoor girls on the block. But according to Ameerah, Terrance and Michael will be renommed next week. 

Nicole doesn’t trust Paloma. She knows Paloma is avoiding her. Daniel loves Paloma, but if she keeps losing it, things will have to be reassessed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Daniel’s random thoughts, delivered to the HoH room camera:

Monte wouldn’t force me to put up Taylor, after hearing how vulnerable he was about representing culture.

Paloma is slowly losing her mind. I need to reel her in or distance myself.

Ameerah is here to fuck shit up. It’s Jasmine, Nicole, Ameerah, and me.

Pooch and Turner are trying to form an all guys alliance. I hate it, but if I turn it down they will target me.

If Taylor doesn’t go home, everyone will come after me. I will commit fully to Nicole and Ameerah and ride it to the end.

• Love 1

I guess Paloma is up and "losing it" according to Terrance. There's speculation online than her manic behaviour is because she wasn't allowed a medication in the house (she's mentioned needing a Xanax before but that doesn't mean much). Jedi Janie was tweeting that she was also denied her Xanax in the house - it was deemed to be an "unfair advantage". I'm less charitable and think it's a combination of lack of sleep and acting this way on purpose. They're keeping the feeds off of her so all we have is secondhand info and wild speculation.

When I stopped watching the feeds a few hours ago, Michael was washing dishes. I just turned them back on and... Michael is washing dishes. Someone came late to put his name on the Motherfucking Chore Chart. Next time, be there early and get garbage duty or something.

• Love 2
(edited)

Poochie, Terrance, the Turner formerly known as Matt, Ameerah, and Joseph (and potentially Michael but he's off cam atm) are all either still awake or have been woken up by Production to do DRs. Anytime Paloma is brought up by a HG, the feed cuts to psychedelic beach balls. I think the button intern is trolling the end of the late night shift/early morning feed watchers.

ETA: Never mind, the second I hit post, the feeds cut to two seconds of Paloma in her sunglasses in the bathroom, motor mouthing to Joseph about how she can't sleep and him telling her that the DR can't give them melatonin. So yeah, trolling.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

Terrance: "The next HoH will probably be something quick because there will be 15 people will in the house."
Also Terrance: "Like... questions. Or endurance."

He must have seen that lightning fast slip and slide Fessy won.

• LOL 3

Paloma's quotes as relayed on Twitter sound increasingly troubling. I'm sure Production is having their annual conversation about "compelling TV" vs. "the responsible thing to do." 

I, of course, have no way of knowing if this will impact the results this week. But I do look back at people like Samantha who took several weeks for her mental health to go downhill, and wonder how bad it will get for Paloma if she's already this way. (Of course, if it IS a med thing, it could also stabilize, depending on the situation.)

5 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I keep seeing reddit talking about Brittany tanking her game today (maybe in a conversation involving Jasmine who is quickly becoming my 13th reason why) but I can't figure out what exactly she did

From what I could gather, Brittany either ratted out the Girls Girls alliance to Pooch, or told him he and Turner are the target of Ameerah/Jasmine.  Maybe both  Ameerah decided to "confront" Brittany but then instead of actually confronting her, she did a a weird and uncomfortable interrogation thing where she asked Brittany who she wanted out, Brittany said Pooch and Turner, then Ameerah kept repeating the question until Brittany said she didn't know, all this taking place with Ameerah basically cornering Brittany. So of course Ameerah and Jasmine now want Brittany out.

• Sad 1
  • Useful 1
46 minutes ago, kassandra8286 said:

So of course Ameerah and Jasmine now want Brittany out.

So do Poochie and The Turner Formerly Known As Matt. So when Brittany wins the Backstage Bullshit safety vote by a landslide, watch them convince themselves that it's a sign from their adoring audience that she needs to go next. Because, you know, America probably got it wrong and had actually thought they were voting for their least liked rather than most liked or some bullshit like that.

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm sure Production is having their annual conversation about "compelling TV" vs. "the responsible thing to do." 

Please, they never have this convo lol. 

This. If there's any conversation happening, it's more like "compelling TV" vs "even more compelling TV". They didn't do the right thing with Jackson or Sam or anyone else that potentially went around the bend or had a break with reality. I don't know why Paloma would be any different. I don't actually think there's anything wrong with her that a solid nap wouldn't fix. All she needs is to ask the HoH or someone who sleeps in one of the bedrooms with a door if she can swap beds with them for a night.

She's the girl you know from high school who was always described as "quirky" and "random" and she decided to make it her whole personality. Only now she's amping it up for the cameras, like Alyssa's eighth grade poetry writing ("I am the ocean, drink me in" or whatever cringe thing it was).

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hello, a late start to the feeds this morning as I had a doctor's appointment. Looks like I didn't miss much - Cameras 1 and 2 show Monte lying on the couch in the upstairs pool nook. He was doing yoga earlier. (I keep thinking of Monte in BBOT.) 

Cameras 3 and 4 show the guys' room with the triangular carpet pattern and pictures of cars on the walls. Someone is making a little night music. (I think it's Terrance - he and others were talking about his snoring a few days ago.) I'm trying to figure out who the sleepers are. The first on the left is Pooch or Joseph. The one in the middle is only showing an upraised arm with a clenched fist. The bed on the right shows only a long raised shape. The long shape came out from under the covers for a minute and was unrecognizable. I think Nicole sleeps in this room. Pooch is in the middle bed so Joseph must be on the left. The unrecognizable one is actually Terrence who is now gets up and puts on his longjohns. He strolls out to the kitchen. The longjohns are actually dark blue sweatpants. Goes into the bathroom, hikes up his T-shirt to scratch his belly and is now doing his business. I can still hear heavy breathing.

Cameras 1 and 2 are off Monte now and now are showing Have Nots scattered around the floor. It looks like Michael is on the slide.

• Love 1

Just had the wakeup call. Monte's in the kitchen, talking to someone who mumbles an answer. Also in the kitchen are Kyle and Paloma who is very tired. Her voice is shot. Michael and Brittany are whispering in the bathroom. Brittany is saying how snippy Taylor was in the cooking, constantly criticizing Brittany. Terrence returns to the bathroom. They are saying Paloma goes to bed eight times and gets up eight times. Michael thinks the backyard is closed for the week.

Daniel opens everyone's eyes as he serenades them with "Baby Let's Play House" as he starts scheduling his one on ones for the day. He borrows someone's eye liner to write a schedule which he tapes to the door.

In the atomic bedroom we find Nicole, Indie, Taylor, Jasmine and Alyssa. Taylor is saying someone was up and down last night. (Probably Paloma.) Indie is going to fix shots and offers to make them for anyone who wants some. 

Button Boy must have caffeine jitters, he's just pressing that button like crazy!

Jasmine's going to have a birthday party even if it's not her birthday. They are talking about turning 30.

Now we're back in the bathroom with Paloma, Brittany and Kyle. Then, Button Boy strikes again! Back to the bedroom! The view changes to the opposite wall and now we can see Ameerah lying down in bed as well as Indie, Taylor, Jasmine and Alyssa.

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Please, they never have this convo lol. 

Or the appearance of having done so, anyway ;)

Seriously, they have pulled people in the past, but that was usually for violence or property destruction. Hopefully it won't come to that with Paloma.

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Seriously, they have pulled people in the past, but that was usually for violence or property destruction.

I think that was all pre-Allison Grodner. She don’t give a fuck lol.

Oh wait, Willie was after Allison. I still remain surprised they even pulled him when they’ve let others get away with worse. There had to be more there then we know.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm pretty sure her full name is Alison "We do negotiate with terrorists" Abrahamian Crispen Michie Grodner.

ETA: Really, Jackson Michie being kept in the house while detoxing from multiple drug addictions and being placated with watermelon and a smush room to remain rather than removed for his safety kinda kills any idea that Grod would do the "right thing". Also consider how hard she worked to keep fan favourite Tyler (ugh) when he missed Mother Angela. Paloma isn't a hot dude, though.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Wow, this is my first time really having a chance to watch feeds, and Paloma has just said the word "anxiety" roughly 197 times.  Girl can't shut up.   And this whole inception thing - does she think she's cute and getting attention for this?  Does she want people to think she's a deep thinker?  WTF?!

• Useful 1

Ameerah, Taylor and Jasmine are in the bedroom. Mention of something happening later today and guessing that it will be upstairs. Ameerah is excited at the thought of seeing someone from the outside. 

Ameerah asks Taylor if Chris Evans is married. Taylor says no, and they comment on how handsome he is. Now they're talking about movies.

Terrence has joined the conversation. They think the Backstage competition or whatever will be elaborate and that the HOH competition will be a simple one, like a quiz. Terrence had a revelation last night - the guy who tells them turn on their mics and to stop singing, etc., is the same guy who introduces each Big Brother episode on TV. Then the guy says, "Do not quote movies or TV shows!" And they wonder, "We can't even quote the show that we're on???"