Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Oh! I thought pageant girl was just an excuse. HG don’t like pageant girls as contestants? Who knew?

Well, my question was a legitimate question, because I can't recall many pageant girls who've been HGs and the only other one I can recall off the top of my head was Candice, who was also a strong, black woman.  I only started watching in Season 11, so I don't know if there were others - or if some of the women since have been on the pageant circuit (though not as successful at it as either Candice or Taylor).

• Love 1

So Michael lied about working for an escape room. I remember that conversation from the feeds and I was kind of confused since his bio said he is a lawyer.

(edited)

I suspect Queen B(iotch) Mean Girls are very threatened by Pageant Girls.  That Pageant Girl could be the sweetest, nicest person ever or another Queen B and it matters not.  If the Queen B feels threatened, she will go on the offensive.

Taylor was screwed from the get go.  Even if she held back her pageant background, she could not hide her beauty or her bearing--the combo of which screams "Pageant Girl" to a Queen B sniffing around for enemies.  It's too bad she couldn't have thought about strategizing going in, and tried to be a little looser and slumpier and less constantly poised to field questions regarding world peace.  Yeah, it isn't fair to ask her to change for BB, but she really only needs to for the first few weeks to get over the hump.  Taylor is also probably naturally a bit aloof--particularly around strangers--so she needs to try doubly hard to be extra friendly and goofy and open.  Otherwise she's an easy out if she doesn't immediately (fake or otherwise) bond with the rest of the hamsters.

To be fair, Pageant Girls come from a viciously competitive realm, so in a way it isn't wrong for the rest of the hamsters to be a little wary of them.  

I will never understand why in BB first week nominees are never the biggest threats.  Even if the first HOH is a douchebro he should nom other strong hamsters.  And if one wins Veto, then nominate the next strongest.  It evens the odds in their favor as the game goes on.

Yet each year, the first few weeks of noms prey on the weak.  Even an early season Freak and Geek HOH will nom other outsiders rather than a Bro or Ho.  Every season devolves into the Lord of the Flies.

Love him or hate him, Cody Nickson had the right idea to go after strength in his early HOH noms.  He just got screwed by shenanigans.  I always wonder how that season would have gone if the deck hadn't been so stacked and he'd been successful eliminating the unnamed one.  (Yes, I'm perilously close to breaking my pre-season BB resolution.)

Edited by HurricaneVal
Because apparently ducking autocorrect isn't in favor of world peace.
  • Like 1
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I suspect Queen B(iotch) Mean Girls are very threatened by Pageant Girls.  That Pageant Girl could be the sweetest, nicest person ever or another Queen B and it matters not.  If the Queen B feels threatened, she will go on the offensive.

Taylor was screwed from the get go.  Even if she held back her pageant background, she could not hide her beauty or her bearing--the combo of which screams "Pageant Girl" to a Queen B sniffing around for enemies.  It's too bad she couldn't have thought about strategizing going in, and tried to be a little looser and slumpier and less constantly poised to field questions regarding world peace.  Yeah, it isn't fair to ask her to change for BB, but she really only needs to for the first few weeks to get over the hump.  Taylor is also probably naturally a bit aloof--particularly around strangers--so she needs to try doubly hard to be extra friendly and goofy and open.  Otherwise she's an easy out if she doesn't immediately (fake or otherwise) bond with the rest of the hamsters.

To be fair, Pageant Girls come from a viciously competitive realm, so in a way it isn't wrong for the rest of the hamsters to be a little wary of them.  

I will never understand why in BB first week nominees are never the biggest threats.  Even if the first HOH is a douchebro he should nom other strong hamsters.  And if one wins Veto, then nominate the next strongest.  It evens the odds in their favor as the game goes on.

Yet each year, the first few weeks of noms prey on the weak.  Even an early season Freak and Geek HOH will nom other outsiders rather than a Bro or Ho.  Every season devolves into the Lord of the Flies.

Love him or hate him, Cody Nickson had the right idea to go after strength in his early HOH noms.  He just got screwed by shenanigans.  I always wonder how that season would have gone if the deck hadn't been so stacked and he'd been successful eliminating the unnamed one.  (Yes, I'm perilously close to breaking my pre-season BB resolution.)

Cody Nickson went after strength? He nominated Megan and Jillian because he didn't like them and tried to build an alliance because people looked in shape and good looking.

Bayleigh was a pageant girl. I don't remember the houseguests disliking her right away. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, my question was a legitimate question, because I can't recall many pageant girls who've been HGs and the only other one I can recall off the top of my head was Candice, who was also a strong, black woman.  I only started watching in Season 11, so I don't know if there were others - or if some of the women since have been on the pageant circuit (though not as successful at it as either Candice or Taylor).

Season 1 Jamie was Miss Washington. She finished fourth. 

• Love 1

I mostly remember Cody going after the Evil Troll Paul after Cody had enough time in the house to recognize what a threat ETP was.  Unfortunately, Cody was stymied in putting ETP up as a replacement nominee because of shenanigans, and in doing so in such a unilateral manner put him on the outs in his own alliance.

Now, that was an interesting week on BB!

• Love 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I mostly remember Cody going after the Evil Troll Paul after Cody had enough time in the house to recognize what a threat ETP was.  Unfortunately, Cody was stymied in putting ETP up as a replacement nominee because of shenanigans, and in doing so in such a unilateral manner put him on the outs in his own alliance.

Now, that was an interesting week on BB!

He was on the outs with his own alliance before he decided to put up Paul because he wouldn't tell his alliance anything. But Cody is a good example why you don't choose your alliance based on all the good looking/strong looking people since that is what he did lol. 

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

Not sure about Kaysar since I am not sure if Iraq is considered Persian. But it could be Fessy. 

Iraq is considered Arabian. Iran is Persian. I didn't remember Kayzar's background. 

1 minute ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Omg. Paloma did not know that pickles are cucumbers. I can't. Where do they find these people?

Hey, if you don't eat pickles or cucumbers - because BOTH are gross - and you've never canned or cured anything...  It is possible she honestly didn't know.  I mean, I knew that, but if you put me on the spot and asked, I'd have to think for a second to give you the answer because pickles and cucumbers are gross and I haven't canned or cured anything in at least the last quarter century.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2

Theory about backstage pass. America votes and one of them is safe. Other two do a comp. Backstage Boss, Pooch, then decides if the loser will replace one of the nominees or nominations stay the same.

Or the loser could be the third nominee.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Aww Taylor tells the girls how alone she felt when people just ran out of the room if she entered. The girls respond by quitting the pool game and looking for nail polish remover. Taylor is now playing pool ... alone.

ETA: Alyssa and Ameerah are talking about how it's kind of silly that Taylor is being targeted for finaledress-gate.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Hey, if you don't eat pickles or cucumbers - because BOTH are gross

Can't decide if I want to fight you, or ask you if I can have the pickles you clearly do not want.

Unless they're sweet pickles. Those can go straight to hell.

5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Aww Taylor tells the girls how alone she felt when people just ran out of the room if she entered. The girls respond by quitting the pool game and looking for nail polish remover. Taylor is now playing pool ... alone.

From when I was a kid, I've been the type of person to befriend that outcast. I can't stand seeing people ostracized for no reason. I'd definitely befriend Taylor. One of my lines in the sand, I think. I'd rather lose the game than watch that happen.

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Can't decide if I want to fight you, or ask you if I can have the pickles you clearly do not want.

No need to fight me.  You're more than welcome to have all the pickles you want!  When older niece lived with me a dozen years ago, she was allowed to have her jar of pickles in the fridge - which is more than I can say for the horror movies she liked to watch.  Those weren't even allowed in my house let alone into the DVD player and onto my TV.  Nope, nope, nope.  But, she could have pickles, lol.

4 minutes ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

From when I was a kid, I've been the type of person to befriend that outcast. I can't stand seeing people ostracized for no reason. I'd definitely befriend Taylor. One of my lines in the sand, I think. I'd rather lose the game than watch that happen.

It's really sad how they're treating Taylor.  Classic BB in the worst way.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

What excuse does Daniel plan on telling Taylor for nominating her? 

Something about "Taylor so you wore your finale dress and are a pageant girl and Paloma made up a lie about you wanting Monte out and ...really, because Paloma wants it."

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Something about "Taylor so you wore your finale dress and are a pageant girl and Paloma made up a lie about you wanting Monte out and ...really, because Paloma wants it."

Sounds all perfectly logical to me. I am curious if she gets a heads up beforehand or is she is going to be totally dumbfounded when she sees her face on the memory wall. None of the girls will look at her or even look up. They’ll be checking their nails and then make a mad dash to their beds. Kind of sad. 

1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

When older niece lived with me a dozen years ago, she was allowed to have her jar of pickles in the fridge - which is more than I can say for the horror movies she liked to watch.  Those weren't even allowed in my house let alone into the DVD player and onto my TV.  Nope, nope, nope.

I have a whole collection of horror movies! That one, I won't get on you about, as I completely understand someone not being into it. It does sound like your niece and I would have a grand old time watching movies and eating jars of pickles though! haha

• LOL 2

I think everyone nervously assuring Daniel that it's not going to look "like that" if he ends up with two Black people on the block is only going to get him nervous about it. At least I hope so, because for a couple of these HGs it does seem to be exactly "like that" in terms of their motives.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think everyone nervously assuring Daniel that it's not going to look "like that" if he ends up with two Black people on the block is only going to get him nervous about it. At least I hope so, because for a couple of these HGs it does seem to be exactly "like that" in terms of their motives.

I mean ...

He puts up a black dude and a gay dude. Gay dude wins veto, and he puts up a black girl. 

I haven't seen any signs that he's overtly racist, but it's not really a good look. And next week people seem to have decided that Terrance is the target.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Unless they're sweet pickles. Those can go straight to hell.

1 hour ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Oh @Alice Mudgarden, I have posted with you on these forums for years, but have never felt closer to you.  

::Raises dill pickle jar in a "cheers" salute::

Unfortunately, I've had the latter blow up in my face, so I take care now about the ostracized I choose to befriend.  That was a lesson hard learned as a freshman in college, so.... obviously long, long ago.  Thankfully I disentangled myself, recognizing some warning flags, before he went off the deep end.  Not that I was entangled past being merely politely friendly to a social outcast.  Which sometimes automatically makes you their best friend simply because you aren't being mean to them like everyone else.

The following year, when we had no classes together and were just campus nodding and quick smile acquaintances, was when he totally flipped out and used a big ass knife to stab giant gouges and divots in a dorm room door while shouting and beating at it.  To be fair, the douchebros inside had stolen his "magic staff"--the guy was big into a bizarre offshoot of the SCA.  To emphasize how...odd...this guy was, he had been heard to threaten people in that bizarre offshoot of the SCA that he could use that magic staff to "boil your brains inside your head, and you know I can do it!"

He was put on criminal trespass for the campus, and from inside info gleaned from a campus security friend, this guy had a notebook with violent imagery and notions, and had a hit list of people who had angered him.  I was not in that list.  The douchebros were, though.  If that scenario played out today, he'd probably be one of those clocktower mass shooters.

Taylor is not at all one of those kinds of ostracized people, so very safe to befriend in this context.  Gawd.  The Hantz cousin and Jackson notwithstanding, I hope the very poor psychological vetting BB does would weed out the actual psycho types.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Oh @Alice Mudgarden, I have posted with you on these forums for years, but have never felt closer to you.  

::Raises dill pickle jar in a "cheers" salute::

To another season of people acting shitty on this ridiculous show we can't seem to quit!

And to one of the greatest foods ever created, the dill pickle!

*SALUTE*

Despite how it may seem where I snark here, I'm actually a pretty sensitive person; knowing someone like Taylor was crying, feeling all alone and not knowing why, legitimately makes me sad. I wish I could hug her.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

This just in: Daniel is fearful for his life and career if he noms Taylor. (My bad, I had it backwards.) He's worried that the casual watchers will think he's racist. Boo hoo.

Nicole, who I thought was a voice of reason, is now talking him off the ledge and explaining to him that he's doing it for Jasmine and Monte and every other people in the house. I'm so confused - this is what happens when you take a day off due to migraine and cake.

Edited by Callaphera

After the day from hell (sick dogs! A/C goes out! When it’s 104 degrees outside! But at least nobody made me eat pickles! Sorry guys, those things are nasty), I tune in the feeds to redirect my frustration at some people who really deserve it, and here’s what I see:

• Paloma holding court in the backyard while 5 guys cluster around her and hang on her every word. 
  • Daniel breaking into tears because he’s afraid people will think he’s racist, while Monte assures him it’s all fine and essentially gives him a race pass

Say what you want about Paloma (and I have few good things to say), she has a stellar social game. “We love you, Paloma!”, someone says. “Aw, thanks, guys!”, she coos. 

Daniel is so upset and worried that he briefly considers nominating someone other than Taylor, but Monte talks him out of it. Monte insists that he would never target a black person unless they really, really deserve it. He says if he saw someone murder someone else, he would have to turn them in, even if it’s his homie. He pauses, then says maybe that’s an extreme example.

Ya think?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Nicole told Daniel that Jasmine feels like she's been fat shamed by Taylor. It turns out that Jasmine had been talking with Taylor about why Taylor isn't a model, to which Taylor said "I'm not model size, I'm not a double zero." And Jasmine took that personally.

I feel like BB17 Audrey in the HN room, on night vision, wrapped in a blanket cape with sunglasses on, crooning about whether this is really reaaaaaal.

GUxG.gif

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Monte, Jasmine and Ameerah discussing Taylor. Monte explains why he’s so angry at Taylor: She came up to him and said Paloma was talking about taking out some of the strong guys. To Monte, that meant Taylor was trying to ruin his relationship with Paloma and pit them against each other.

Ameerah is briefly the voice of reason, saying maybe Taylor was just trying to build something with you by giving you a piece of information. It did seem like she liked you in the beginning?

Monte considers this and immediately rejects it. Nah, she’s just a liar. She’s evil and has to go.

• Love 1

It's all Taylor, all the time on all feeds! Yay!

Nicole tells Daniel about Taylor complaining that she feels alone in the house and that people leave rooms when she enters. Nicole: "And I was like, giiiirl. That instinct? It is you." Daniel: "Yeah, it's you!" She's not like Daniel's dope homie, Paloma.

Meanwhile Michael is chilling with Taylor in the backyard, having a friendly chat, and I'm just so over the moon that someone is actually conversing with her in a nice way, even if they are just talking about TikTok videos and how the dryer doesn't actually dry things in the house.

• Love 2

Monte encouraging Turner&Pooch to come up with their own reasons for wanting Taylor out and share them with Daniel. Because Daniel is feeling really bad and needs their support. For someone who feels so torn about targeting another black person, Monte sure is putting a lot of work into it.

• Love 1

Reason #37467 Why Taylor is Eeeevillll:

During the backyard photo shoot, a Production member told people to take off their sunglasses for the photo. Someone didn't take off their sunglasses so Taylor turned to look at them and said, "Hey, take off your glasses." *pause of theatrical gasp* That heinous bitch.

But it's okay, guys! Because Paloma and Poochie doesn't see colour so it's totes cool to target Taylor! In fact, let's hold a meeting in the storage room where we can discuss who should say what sick burns in their goodbye messages for Taylor! Fun!

• Love 1

Poochie pulled a "funny" "prank" (aka pandering for that America's Favourite vote) by putting two bananas in Alyssa's bed and Splenda and garlic salt (which he then stashed down his pants, ew) in her water bottle because Alyssa put one banana in Poochie's bed and dosed his water with the same mix earlier.

Is this how kids flirt nowadays? Hork. At least put a pickle in that banana peel. That's real flirting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

...and just like that, the button intern got orders to keep all the cams on one room to avoid the  we don't see colour lulz 🤪 talk deep, insightful conversations on race . Also because Jasmine didn't throw away her floss after using it and Taylor asked her to so we know that's going to be a Thing now.

(edited)

Welp. Innocent cinnamon roll Michael has joined the Taylor bashing party as he coaches Jasmine to say something about how Taylor wouldn't win Miss Congeniality in the Big Brother house. (Side note: Taylor won fucking Miss Congeniality when she did Miss USA.)

Jasmine: "Paloma or like Alyssa would win Miss Congeniality!"
Me: "Yeah, in Bizzaro World."

Daniel is literally moping around the house to every HG (except Taylor) and needing to be constantly reassured that he's not racist. He also doesn't want to just talk game but then he talks game with each and every person (except Taylor). I feel like the (except Taylor) should be obvious but I added it anyway. At some point, he was talking to Brittany and it sounded like maaaybe she was trying to coach him to be nice in his re-nom speech and he agreed and then explained that he had no choice because: "Then the blow-up... or the lies, whatever, happened." Yeah, totally unrill, homie.

And now he's getting reassurance from Indy and Alyssa that no, you're totally not racist, it's totes okay, poor baby.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
(edited)

I took a break to find a recipe to use up 12 egg yolks (golden cake ftw) and to make sure I had all the ingredients, did the conversion from AP flour to cake flour, took the yolks out to warm up to room temperature, came back...

...AND THEY'RE* STILL BITCHING ABOUT TAYLOR.

*THEY'RE basically stands for the entire fucking house but in this case: Jasmine, Monte, the Turner formerly known as Matt, Joseph, and Michael. They accused her of campaigning before she's been put on the block by... mentioning that she feels alone? I've given up on following their logic. It's shitty logic. From shitty people. And then that evil bitch Taylor joined them (and chased Jasmine away, making it officially Taylor's best game move ever because I really fucking hate Jasmine now) so I'm sure that's going to be held against her in about 2.7 seconds. Fun!

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
(edited)

And now Nicole and Terrance are shit talking Taylor and the fact that she might feel vibes that she's going on the block and going home, and they feel bad but like GOD, SHE'S DOING IT TO HERSELF. And they feel horrible and all BUT THEY DON'T and WHY CAN'T SHE JUST BE QUIET AND OBSERVANT and TOMORROW IS GOING TO BE SOOO LONG AND WE'RE ALL GOING TO BE LOCKED IN OMG and my personal favourite HOW DARE SHE TRY TO HAVE CONVERSATIONS WITH PEOPLE OMG. But they feel sooo bad about it.

Y'all.

Taylor is in the hall bedroom with Jasmine (ugh) and Joseph who is laying on Taylor's bed. So Taylor jumped into another bed and asked "Is it foul if I use her bed to change? It's just my pants." and then changes her pants out under the covers. So expect to hear hours of Jasmine bitching about that tomorrow.

Edited by Callaphera

Paloma to Monte, Ameerah, and Michael: "I'm Nice Paloma and I want to stay Nice Paloma so I don't want to win HoH."
Also Paloma to Monte, Ameerah, and Michael: has been talking about her nomination strategy for the last twenty minutes for when she wins HoH next week.
Also also Paloma to Monte, Ameerah, and Michael: gets distracted by cookies, robots, aliens, and her own reflection.

• LOL 2
(edited)

Paloma, Nicole, and Taylor in the hall bedroom are being kept up by Jasmine, Joseph, the Turner formerly known as Matt, and... someone else Ameerah making up backstories and histories for the HGs memory wall photos. Paloma is trying to find out if she can sleep in a cabinet in the storage room. I think Paloma is around six to eight hours of sleep the entire time they've been in the house, which is definitely contributing to her motormouth crackedness.

She wandered into the storage room, muttering about not wanting to get sued (?), and telling Big Brother that she read the manual and then they cut her off. You can hear from the other rooms that she keeps getting hit by a "You are not allowed to talk about Production." lol

I think maybe? Daniel and Nicole and Terrance are sleeping. The entire rest of the house is still up in various rooms, chatting.

Also, this is the longest stretch I've heard (ten or so minutes) where absolutely no one was bashing Taylor. However there were a few feed cuts in there so the bar is now in hell.

ETA:
Clearly the bathroom rug isn't part of the Motherfucking Chore Chart
HODTrVI.png

Edited by Callaphera
8 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I mean ...

He puts up a black dude and a gay dude. Gay dude wins veto, and he puts up a black girl. 

I haven't seen any signs that he's overtly racist, but it's not really a good look. And next week people seem to have decided that Terrance is the target.

I don't get that kind of thinking.  Is the only acceptable scenario two straight white guys being put up?  All the players are in the game for the same reason.   I mean, The Cookout was as racist a plan as it could be, but it's up to the HOH and their alliance. So let them do what they need to.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Alice Mudgarden said:

Were they given BB21 in sequester? Was the way that group behaved their main takeaway from that dumpster fire?

I've actually read recently from a few more recent past HGs that they don't get any seasons of BB in sequester anymore. I know Claire said it but I don't remember who else.

• Useful 1