Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

Holy shitballs!! What in all the fuuuuck happened to Jill Zarin??

http://imgh.us/image_33.jpeg

Yikes, is it the angle of the photos?  Her haircolor isn't doing her any favors.  It looks like her hair has thinned out or she's pulling clumps of it out.

I am rewatching the Morocco trip and oh my, the Alex scene where she bursts in the room to confront because she's upset with Luann was hilarious.  Kelli, "That was weird.  It's inauthentic."  And then Kelli's "You're not mad, you're sad."   That whole discussion was the reason I wish Kelli was back.  She's nutty as hell but makes me laugh.

• Love 6

I am dying over this pic-

http://imgh.us/image_36.jpeg

Francois looks like Rojo Caliente (TM Michael K).

Johan looks like a 35 year old man.

I know this is a typo but I love this blurb from the article:

He opened a law firm van!!! He works in a van down by the river!

I so love that you pulled out "Rojo Caliente"!  And yes, he does look like her!

Is Johan the one behind Alex? It's been so long, I can't remember. Poor thing has inherited his mother's odd bone structure.

You mean blessed with her genetics?

I remember nearly choking during her modeling episode where she talked about both her parents were good-looking so she was lucky -- she's genetically blessed.

I mean, good on her that she finds herself so gorgeous, but to me, her face looks like it got stuck in a vice.  Long, narrow, no lips, big chin.  

• Love 10

You mean blessed with her genetics?

I remember nearly choking during her modeling episode where she talked about both her parents were good-looking so she was lucky -- she's genetically blessed.

While searching for a picture of this genetic blessing Alex speaks of, I came across this:

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/real-housewives-new-york-city-alex-mccord-settlement/

Have we discussed a lawsuit?  How much did they settle for?  Am I the last to know that Alex's real name is 'Sara'?! 

• Love 1

Jill is in a movie on the SyFy channel.

The movie is called NIGHT OF THE WILD and it airs this Saturday, October 3, at 9PM EST on SYFY Channel. Here is a short description.

"When a large meteor crashes into a quiet town, pet dogs become mysteriously aggressive - attacking and killing the residents. Now the citizens are forced to fight back against their once beloved companions."

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/QIIEkHOySX4

• Love 1

Good Golly Miss Molly.  Jillz looks like she had a "reverse" nose job...she needs to get on the horn with Dr.Terry's office ASAP 'cause she sure is Botched.

Maybe that is the new thing, Get all your plastic surgery undone and let the chips (or nose) fall where they may.  Strange and disturbing to say the least.

Now I know that the clip of the new SyFy movie is her.  It is called "Dogs Gone Wild" or some such.  Like a Sharknado movie but with dogs. Jillz might be playing one of the dogs. Heh!

Bless her heart...

• Love 1

Jill is in a movie on the SyFy channel.

The movie is called NIGHT OF THE WILD and it airs this Saturday, October 3, at 9PM EST on SYFY Channel. Here is a short description.

"When a large meteor crashes into a quiet town, pet dogs become mysteriously aggressive - attacking and killing the residents. Now the citizens are forced to fight back against their once beloved companions."

Trailer:

https://youtu.be/QIIEkHOySX4

Sorry Feline.Godess -   I posted before I saw your comment.

I actually think Jill still looks very good. Glad to see she dropped the extensions.

I've always been confused about Alex -- she either looked great or horrible. Weird.

I've always thought Jill was attractive.  I thought she looked great with her hair in sort of a 40s style at some of those parties.

As far as Alex, I think she only looked great FOR Alex and it was largely dependent on the hair.  I think (with the exception of Bethenney), their facial structures were attractive on their own.  Of course, everyone looks better with great hair, but I just don't think Alex really has the face.  Odd mouth, long head, Leno chin.  She was tall and thin so she could look attractive, but she needs a lot of work to look attractive.

• Love 3

It sounds like Jill was in a serious car accident and was hospitalized. Sounds like she is ok and home now.

http://realitywives.net/blogs/former-real-housewives-of-new-york-star-jill-zarin-hospitalized-was-unconscious-after-car-crash/

Jill sure got a lot of press for being in a car accident. Funny how all of the articles take care to mention her new movie coming out AND how her career is thriving. Most articles have a glamour shot on top of the page.

To paraphrase Bethanny, "this has Jill's grubby fingerprints all over it." Talk about a PR stunt. Way to use a car accident to get press for your movie. I'm not shocked, same old pathetic Jill.

• Love 6

So I just saw Aviva yesterday in TJ Maxx.  Now, I was a bit puzzled to see her there cuz it was the one on 59th & First Ave. and when she was last on the show she & Reid were in the place on the West side.  I remember they rented that place just for the show, so maybe they're back on the East Side?  She was with her 2 young daughters, who were very well-behaved, nicely dressed & looked quite cute.  And Veevs?  Her hair was shortish (shoulder-length), she carried an interesting-looking bag & was wearing a very quietly elegant skirt, blouse & heels.  She looked kinda dressy for TJ's, but there are some fancy-looking broads in this TJ's, so she wasn't out of place.

Anyhoo, I saw her when I was on line by the cashiers, and she was way in front of me.  I kinda wanted to (discreetly, of course) catch her face, to see for sure if it was her, and man, she had a really icky sneer & bored look, which never left her mug.  In this TJ's, you have to either use a staircase or take an elevator to get to the main area.  And there is a long wait for the elevator, so most people take the stairs.  As I left to go upstairs, I passed her & the kids waiting for the elevator (which I assume she needs to take for obvious reasons).  Needless to say, I passed by quickly  cuz the woman gives me the creeps -- but that's only because of how she was on the show.  Otherwise, she would not take anyone's notice, other than looking like a typical bored Upper East Side woman with her young kids.

• Love 11

So I just saw Aviva yesterday in TJ Maxx.  Now, I was a bit puzzled to see her there cuz it was the one on 59th & First Ave. and when she was last on the show she & Reid were in the place on the West side.  I remember they rented that place just for the show, so maybe they're back on the East Side?  She was with her 2 young daughters, who were very well-behaved, nicely dressed & looked quite cute.  And Veevs?  Her hair was shortish (shoulder-length), she carried an interesting-looking bag & was wearing a very quietly elegant skirt, blouse & heels.  She looked kinda dressy for TJ's, but there are some fancy-looking broads in this TJ's, so she wasn't out of place.

Anyhoo, I saw her when I was on line by the cashiers, and she was way in front of me.  I kinda wanted to (discreetly, of course) catch her face, to see for sure if it was her, and man, she had a really icky sneer & bored look, which never left her mug.  In this TJ's, you have to either use a staircase or take an elevator to get to the main area.  And there is a long wait for the elevator, so most people take the stairs.  As I left to go upstairs, I passed her & the kids waiting for the elevator (which I assume she needs to take for obvious reasons).  Needless to say, I passed by quickly  cuz the woman gives me the creeps -- but that's only because of how she was on the show.  Otherwise, she would not take anyone's notice, other than looking like a typical bored Upper East Side woman with her young kids.

I always enjoy your NYC sightings.  Must be wild when you see one of them up close.  

When she first came on the season, I thought she was really beautiful.  Glad she cut her hair short.  I am amazed how at smoking her body is for having one leg.  I

• Love 2

Nothing about her stands out especially.  She is a very elegant-looking woman.  I'll give her that.  But there are a zillion gals who look like her on the Upper East Side.  If not for the show connection, I'd never notice her.  She has nice posture, but I didn't see her walk, so I don't know if that would give away she wears a prosthetic leg.  You'd certainly never know it to look at her.

• Love 3

So I just saw Aviva yesterday in TJ Maxx. Now, I was a bit puzzled to see her there cuz it was the one on 59th & First Ave. and when she was last on the show she & Reid were in the place on the West side. I remember they rented that place just for the show, so maybe they're back on the East Side? She was with her 2 young daughters, who were very well-behaved, nicely dressed & looked quite cute. And Veevs? Her hair was shortish (shoulder-length), she carried an interesting-looking bag & was wearing a very quietly elegant skirt, blouse & heels. She looked kinda dressy for TJ's, but there are some fancy-looking broads in this TJ's, so she wasn't out of place.

Anyhoo, I saw her when I was on line by the cashiers, and she was way in front of me. I kinda wanted to (discreetly, of course) catch her face, to see for sure if it was her, and man, she had a really icky sneer & bored look, which never left her mug. In this TJ's, you have to either use a staircase or take an elevator to get to the main area. And there is a long wait for the elevator, so most people take the stairs. As I left to go upstairs, I passed her & the kids waiting for the elevator (which I assume she needs to take for obvious reasons). Needless to say, I passed by quickly cuz the woman gives me the creeps -- but that's only because of how she was on the show. Otherwise, she would not take anyone's notice, other than looking like a typical bored Upper East Side woman with her young kids.

But I thought she couldn't ride elevators. She about had a panic attack in one the first year she was on. I guess she's cured now.

• Love 5

I actually think Jill still looks very good. Glad to see she dropped the extensions.

I've always been confused about Alex -- she either looked great or horrible. Weird.

She looked fantastic on WWHL!  Best she's ever looked.

• Love 6

That looks like it was sponsored by (or on the) Ouidad website, which is a hair salon/company that specializes in curly and wavy hair.  I guess her hair is naturally wavy?  I don't think it looks horrible, but she's much better off as a red-head. 

Also not sure when that was taken, since she's definitely back to being a redhead now, per her WWHL appearance.

Ha ha soooo true about Alex.  The difference in her appearance between Season 1 and seasons 2-4 is startling.  And it really mostly had to do with her hair.  She had a serious fright-wig look for the majority of the first season. Her natural curl is actually very lovely (as we saw on Scary Island) but she clearly prefers to wear it blown out.  I think her season one hair was a result of her trying to blow-dry it herself (frizzy and unkempt) vs. getting professional blowouts in later seasons and maybe even a Keratin treatment to smooth it out. 

She did look great!

CQ12oUJUYAArnTM.jpg

• Love 3

That looks like it was sponsored by (or on the) Ouidad website, which is a hair salon/company that specializes in curly and wavy hair.  I guess her hair is naturally wavy?  I don't think it looks horrible, but she's much better off as a red-head. 

Also not sure when that was taken, since she's definitely back to being a redhead now, per her WWHL appearance.

Ha ha soooo true about Alex.  The difference in her appearance between Season 1 and seasons 2-4 is startling.  And it really mostly had to do with her hair.  She had a serious fright-wig look for the majority of the first season. Her natural curl is actually very lovely (as we saw on Scary Island) but she clearly prefers to wear it blown out.  I think her season one hair was a result of her trying to blow-dry it herself (frizzy and unkempt) vs. getting professional blowouts in later seasons and maybe even a Keratin treatment to smooth it out. 

She did look great!

CQ12oUJUYAArnTM.jpg

I missed her WWHL appearance!  She looks...different.  Like a cross between Katie Couric and Jennifer Grey.  I really wanted her to stay gone.  But you know Jill, she can't stay out of the spotlight.  Uuugh.

I know everyone was gushing over Alex and her wavy hair on Scary Island, but I thought she looked terrible.  Remember her face when Kelly was taking her picture?  I need to dig up a screen-shot...

• Love 1

I agree.  When I saw the pics of her, I thought she looked absolutely awful, but on WWHL, she looked terrific.  What gives?  I suspect she just doesn't photograph well.  In the pics, her nose is all over face.  On the show, she looked really nice.  I dig her hair.  The red color was OK, but I like the color toned down.  It suits her age better.

So how was Jillzy's performance on WWHL?  Ah, she couldn't help herself from being snippy, could she?  Like a yipping snippy dawg, she sure was throwing some catty potshots at Bethenny & Moaner.  But I have to say, she was much improved over the past.  After all these years & the several chances Satan Andy has given her, she seems to have finally, finally, finally gotten the message to tone herself down.  So what does it mean?  Not sure.  

Satan Andy seemed OK with her.  At least she didn't pull some dumb stunt, to be manipulative & piss him off.  But she came off as rather phony-ish when discussing Bethenny & definitely threw some digs her way.  Given how Satan Andy has handed the NYC show over to Bethenny, that was NOT a smart move, Jillzy.  Carole, Lu, Moaner & Sonja know all too well -- if they wanna stick around, they gotta lick Bethenny's every body part.

In spite of Jillzy's sorta snipiness toward Bethenny, everything she said about her was dead on.  Jeez, did anyone believe Bethenny wasn't still holding onto anger toward Jillzy when she was going on & on about her in that 100th thing (which was really just Bethenny's Revenge Tour)?  So was her appearance on WWHL a possible indication Jillzy will come back to the show?  Hmmm, my theory is Satan Andy is giving the show over to Bethenny to produce & mostly handle & he'll oversee it in passing.  So if Jillzy comes back, Bethenny will have to deal with her.  The big question is -- does Bethenny wanna have to deal with Jillzy's manipulative & catty bullshit?  She might be willing to give it a shot.

Bethenny is extremely purposeful & calculating.  Satan Andy mentioned on WWHL that viewers liked the relationship between she & Jillzy.  And right now, Bethenny is desperate at all costs for viewers to like her.  So if Jillzy plays this right, she could get asked back.  BUT can she keep herself toned down & NOT pull some kind of nasty/manipulative bullshit, which seems so ingrained in her to do?  Me doubts it.  I'll say one thing for sure.  Neither Bethenny or Satan Andy would stand for her manipulative crap.  If she pulls some kind of manipulative stunt, they'd chuck her out in a second.  My hunch is she just can't help herself & she would.  We'll see, but I think they're gonna give her a chance.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 6

Jill is the only thing that could possible save this show.  Andy needs to suck it up and admit he was wrong and bring her back.  He never should have let her go in the first place. 

So if Jillzy plays this right, she could get asked back.  BUT can she keep herself toned down & NOT pull some kind of nasty/manipulative bullshit, which seems so ingrained in her to do?

I certainly hope not.  Crap like that is why I watch these shows.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4

Damn, did I miss Jill on WWHL ?!

Here you go. If link doesn't work its the 10/8/15 episode:

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-12/jill-zarin-rebecca-romijn

Worth the watch because its the Jill I'd now like to see again and I never thought I'd say that because I was never a fan but originally was amused by her and then hated her. I've been disappointed with the "Friend of the Housewives" returning wives like OC Lauri because they just seem to all have a pre assigned tptb mission and I want to an old wife return with a new and interesting twist to their REAL life. Jill might be good for this campy (in a good way) mess.

• Love 3
Satan Andy mentioned on WWHL that viewers liked the relationship between she & Jillzy.

Yes…we enjoyed it 6-7 years ago. I don't think anyone would be fooled by a "Bethenny & Jill rekindle their friendship" storyline at this point. Time's passed, they've both moved on. Or, at least Bethenny has. I don't think they'd be BFFs or mortal enemies at this point…just cordial acquaintances. I remember Jill working with PR professionals to prep her for the S3 reunion. Her image took a serious hit and if she were to go back on the show, I think she'd be VERY careful about how she presents herself. I can easily see her locking horns with Ramona, as those two seem to push each other's buttons relentlessly, but I think she'd be measured around B.

At times, Jill has seem like a discarded lover over the whole Bethenny thing, and it's uncomfortable to watch, especially when their fight gets further and further in the rearview mirror. That said, I always appreciated how Jill "brought it" to RHONY. I started watching RH to see fabulous clothes, vacation homes, etc. I think Jill understood that people wanted to see ridiculous consumption, ergo the episode where she buys a $16K (Birkin?) bag, the hideous apartment renovation, or even the special flight Bobby arranged to get her to St. John's.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 1

I really don't want them to bring Jill back.  I have been doing a re-watch on Hulu - Seasons 1-4 and she is insufferable. 

I am really kind of hating Sonja this time around.  I always thought she was kind of annoying with her name-dropping and yacht talk, but she is actually kind of insane.  She really thinks she still has the life of a Morgan.  Also, she is rude and trouble-making.  How did I not notice it the first time around?

She keeps talking about her staff (she was upset that Cindy danced with her "staff" when she came in).
I guess the first time I watched, I believed she actually employed a staff - this time, knowing what I know now, that these kids are actually unpaid "interns," it adds a pathetic edge to it.

• Love 3

Oh - and another thing about Sonja - she has the telltale sign of being high on Adderall.  In one of the first episodes she is on, she is on camera TALKING about how she knows so many people that are on Adderall.  Then, the next season, she is hopped UP!  

• Love 1

Oh - and another thing about Sonja - she has the telltale sign of being high on Adderall. In one of the first episodes she is on, she is on camera TALKING about how she knows so many people that are on Adderall. Then, the next season, she is hopped UP!

Not to mention visibly skinnier. Oh yeah, methinks she enjoys her horse tranquilizers.

• Love 2

Kelly Killoren Bensimon wrote a book and I got an advanced copy!  I have tons on my shelf to read first and I am almost afraid to broach it -- what if the ghost writer she had do most of the work is actually good?!  The title is 'A Dangerous Age' and the blurb reads like a mashup of a Real Housewives cast.  Surprise, surprise. 

• Love 2

Kelly Killoren Bensimon wrote a book and I got an advanced copy!  I have tons on my shelf to read first and I am almost afraid to broach it -- what if the ghost writer she had do most of the work is actually good?!  The title is 'A Dangerous Age' and the blurb reads like a mashup of a Real Housewives cast.  Surprise, surprise. 

Lucky you. Fiction or non?

From the summary on Amazon.com:

It’s the dog days of a sweltering Manhattan summer, and four sophisticated best friends who once took New York by storm are secretly falling apart at the seams. Lucy’s marriage to a renowned artist is slowly crumbling, with an explosive secret that threatens them both. Sarah, in the middle of auditioning for an auspicious new television show, realizes that her socialite standing is in jeopardy after countless disastrous events. Billy—a queen in the kitchen—has finally left her former life behind to become a highbrow cuisine artist. And Lotta, a knockout downtown art dealer, spends her free time guzzling cocktails in both the grittiest and most expensive clubs around town—but now, she’s taken it a little too far.

So... Lucy = Luann, Billy = Bethenny, Lotta = Sonja?

• Love 1

It’s the dog days of a sweltering Manhattan summer, and four sophisticated best friends who once took New York by storm are secretly falling apart at the seams. Lucy’s marriage to a renowned artist is slowly crumbling, with an explosive secret that threatens them both. Sarah, in the middle of auditioning for an auspicious new television show, realizes that her socialite standing is in jeopardy after countless disastrous events. Billy—a queen in the kitchen—has finally left her former life behind to become a highbrow cuisine artist. And Lotta, a knockout downtown art dealer, spends her free time guzzling cocktails in both the grittiest and most expensive clubs around town—but now, she’s taken it a little too far.

Oh, I want to play.....can I play???  :D :D :D

I think Lucy = Ramona.  Sarah = JillZ and I agree with your Billy and Lotta being Bethenny and Sonja.  For some reason, I think LuLu and Kelly are still good friends and Kelly would not make LuLu a character.  Same with herself though an argument can be made that Kelly is Sarah.   OH....  I always posted that JKL shared one brain so maybe Sarah is a composite of JKL.  Any chance there is another close friend that moved away with her family to ....say....New Zealand?  Just curious.

Lol, I almost....almost want to buy the book.  Especially if it is written in Kelly-speak.  I loved Kelly-speak and her thought process.

Would someone do a book report for us?   :D :D :D

• Love 1
(edited)

Rewatching the earlier seasons thx to Hulu... Up to season four, the episode where B calls Jill and Jill puts her on speaker phone in front of Luann... Man I loathed Luann that season... And had to keep my eyes from rolling out of my head when Jill said Bobby's neck was cut from ear to ear... Funny how he had no scars on his neck indicating he was nearly decapitated... Flash forward to another season starting soon and although I'm not as fond of B as I once was, I can handle her being back, but the only way I could handle Jill being back would be to see her as an occasional "friend of" and even then...,I doubt she'd have a redemption arc... She was so gawd awful during seasons 3&4, or shall we say, she showed her true elitist insecure self then... Blah. Dare I say I'd even welcome Jelly Belly Kelly back long before Jill Zarin of Zarin Fabrics...

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 2

Now I haven't even tapped the book on my Kindle once, but just going by the blurb I had initially thought that Kelly is Lotta since she is the only one who lives downtown and is described as a "knockout".  I was thinking Sarah was Sonja.  And maybe Lucy is Ramona since this was written it seems after the Singer split and Luann is still Kelly's friend.  So not sure she would exploit that.

The other part of me thinks that what she may have done is essentially take certain traits from the others in general and she is doing them better by making them each 'herself'.  She has that weird almost manic pride in being associated with being a former model, but she also is hellbent on showing the world she is so much more.  She so reminds me of Tyra Banks in many ways.  They both want to prove to the world they are not just one of the most beautiful women (in their own eyes) but they are also the elite in every aspect they take on.  Both have conflated their education.  Both have decided to be photographers (I think this reveals such a unique aspect in people who are raving egomaniacs.  How the first chance they get they tackle the other jobs in their industry determined to master them; particularly those that had control over the them -- models to photographers, actors to directors and writers -- a general but not sweeping observation).

So anyway I think she might introduce characters that seem parallel to the other women but also throws in part Kelly so she can do them one better.  If all the women get an even hand and all get a happy ending, there is no way Billy is Bethenny!

Next month maybe I can delve into it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Still on my rewatch of season 3. Jason was an ass from the jump, I think he knew how to hide much of it in front of cameras, but it slips every now and then. B should have never legally married him... Proof it's better to be alone for the right reasons vs married for the wrong. The whole marriage fantasy she had... She's paying for it now... She settled with Jason in marrying him...

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 8

at the end of my S4 rewatch... I actually skipped the last few episodes. This had to be one of the foulest season's ever. The dogpile on Alex was disgusting. And Cindy...Thank goodness she was a "one and done". Also Luann's worst season IMO. She softened after this one... once Jill was gone... Watching the reunion episode it was crystal clear the brunettes had it in for Alex. Their offense at her was uncalled for and overly dramatic. I suspect it had something to do with the Simon/Blog situation that involved Jill. Jill got Cindy and JellyBellyKelly to drink the Koolaid and Luann clearly had a few sips herself... thankfully like I said, once Jill was off the show, Luann became, dare I say, likeable - in future seasons... 

*I do think Alex tried a little too hard S4 to be dramatic herself, rewatching some of her more pumped up scenes was funny... but  I don't feel anything she did warranted her being called an "f'ing bitch" by Jill etc... Probably still paying for delivering Bethenny's message... ha ha...

**I still chuckle at how apparently Luann thinks nobody should fight other's battles yet there she was, once again, fighting Jill's... sheesh...

Edited by BodhiGurl
  • Love 3

I'm rewatching S4 as well.  I'm out of the country and bored so I downloaded it.  I'm sure this was discussed at the time, but is Fronswah on some kind of spectrum?  His response to the piano that his devoted parents bought him as a lovely b-day present (God I feel sorry for those kids!  Couldn't they just have bought him a video game or something?) was...er...unusual.  

I'm rewatching S4 as well.  I'm out of the country and bored so I downloaded it.  I'm sure this was discussed at the time, but is Fronswah on some kind of spectrum?  His response to the piano that his devoted parents bought him as a lovely b-day present (God I feel sorry for those kids!  Couldn't they just have bought him a video game or something?) was...er...unusual.  

I always assumed that the boys didn't want to be on camera or were tired because filming took longer then their attention spans could handle so they acted up. They seemed like average kids that the parents tried to sell as something superior, much like the rest of their Cobble Hill storyline. It all went back to the original series being filmed as "Moms of New York" or whatever tptb called it and changed to a HW show after much of the filming was completed. If it would have been a HW show to start with the boys probably wouldn't have been forced to film so much.

• Love 6

at the end of my S4 rewatch... I actually skipped the last few episodes. This had to be one of the foulest season's ever. The dogpile on Alex was disgusting. And Cindy...Thank goodness she was a "one and done". Also Luann's worst season IMO. She softened after this one... once Jill was gone... Watching the reunion episode it was crystal clear the brunettes had it in for Alex. Their offense at her was uncalled for and overly dramatic. I suspect it had something to do with the Simon/Blog situation that involved Jill. Jill got Cindy and JellyBellyKelly to drink the Koolaid and Luann clearly had a few sips herself... thankfully like I said, once Jill was off the show, Luann became, dare I say, likeable - in future seasons... 

*I do think Alex tried a little too hard S4 to be dramatic herself, rewatching some of her more pumped up scenes was funny... but  I don't feel anything she did warranted her being called an "f'ing bitch" by Jill etc... Probably still paying for delivering Bethenny's message... ha ha...

**I still chuckle at how apparently Luann thinks nobody should fight other's battles yet there she was, once again, fighting Jill's... sheesh...

I completely agree with this, I found seasons 4 very uncomfortable to watch because of the way Alex was treated. They didn't even try to hide the fact that they all thought they were much better than her. Sure she's pretentious and Simon can be a little gross but I liked Alex, I always thought when she had beef with the other housemates it was actually warranted; she was never simply nasty like some of the others eg. Jill and Sourface Cindy who obviously despised everyone from the get-go. 

I think Jill branded Alex an effing bitch because she wanted to place the blame on someone about the whole situation with Bethenny. Of course, it was her own fault, but she'd never be self-aware enough to acknowledge that. She'd never outright blame Bethenny because Bethenny was popular with the viewers, and trying to be anything but contrite about their fall-out would have been bad for her public image. So she shot the messenger and pretty much decided to keep shooting at her for the rest of her time on the show.

• Love 11

S4 is the only season I never rewatch. I'll even take Jill vs. Bethenny of S3 over S4.

And like you said, a lot of it is how uncomfortable it was watching Alex get ganged up on by the brunettes. "Gang up" (and pile on) is a phrase that tends to get overused in HW land, but I think it was true in the case of Alex. Mostly because she was just so awkward and ill-equipped verbally for confrontation, her sparring with the other HWs was always so painful to watch. To the point where it made me soften on her pretentiousness.

She was just so vulnerable in a HW fight that I couldn't help but feel bad for her. Plus I think her awkardness reframed a lot of her early pretentiousness for me, too. Yeah, she and Simon were pretenders, but they were just so bad at it, that I could never view them as malicious or grifter-y, just bumbling and endearing in a way. Everyone else in the cast already looked down on them, it was hard for me to feel much dislike toward them, just discomfort. It was kind of like watching how a normal person might fare (badly) on reality TV. Most of us need more time to digest/process things and just aren't cut out for quick-witted sparring, and neither was Alex, quite frankly. 

Edited by KFC
  • Love 5

What's sad was that after all the torture Alex endured in season 4, she was rewarded with a pink slip in the shakeup. I know a few people stopped watching when she was let go....and I could have seen her fitting in with the women in season 5..more so then Luann

• Love 5

And like you said, a lot of it is how uncomfortable it was watching Alex get ganged up on by the brunettes. "Gang up" (and pile on) is a phrase that tends to get overused in HW land, but I think it was true in the case of Alex. Mostly because she was just so awkward and ill-equipped verbally for confrontation, her sparring with the other HWs was always so painful to watch. To the point where it made me soften on her pretentiousness.

Right! Especially given that usually, 'wives who get "ganged up" on at least have their own allies. One of the reasons I felt for Alex so much in Morocco was that the miserable buzzkill brunettes were clearly not her friends, so she was trying as hard as she could to fit in with the blondes, but there wasn't really any room for her there either. She ended up being Ramonja's third wheel, and some of the brunettes even took shots at her for that during the reunion if I remember rightly, but what else was she realistically supposed to do? Stay in her room alone the whole time?

• Love 4

Andy mentioned on RadioAndy that they were seriously discussing having Jill show up in a limited capacity with Luann or some of the other gals. Unfortunately, as per usual, Jill got in her own way. Right as they were going to invite her, she went on Brandi's podcast and trashed the show, saying it is scripted and fake. They will probably never approach her again.

• Love 2