Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Breast Intentions

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

I read somewhere that the Pillow Talks are where the real money is: $2,500 per episode (not sure if that's per person or per couple). If you're looking to get rich off the 90-Day franchise, you want the audience to like you enough that you become a PT regular and get a lot of Cameo requests.

As for the regular 90-Day couples: I'm sure that in addition to the $1,500 or whatever per ep, they're also getting help with the expen$ive K1 visa fees.

Pillow Talk seems like the best gig, to me.  They don't have their privacy invaded and live out their ups and downs in front of a camera. They just have to react for an hour or so to a tv show every week. It's mind boggling that PT would pay more per episode than being on the series.  Also, I don't think the audience has to like the couple for them to be regulars; so many of the PT commentators are not popular at all:  Tom, Angela, Tania, Colt, Family Brandon, Yara (maybe that's just me, but I don't care for her.)  It seems like the only way we can avoid seeing some of these obnoxious former 90 Dayers is if they cut ties with the franchise by their terrible behavior: Baby Girl Lisa, Geoffrey the abuser, and some others come to mind.  

• Love 4

Yve should have taken the day off upon Egypt Tim's arrival. Just to spend real time getting to know each other, showing him around the house, sightseeing, then meeting and spending time with her son. Rushing off to work after spending a few minutes telling him what's for breakfast was not the best of planning. Why didn't she tell him the day before that she had to go to work early the next morning so he knew to expect that? And Egypt Tim expecting breakfast to be served to him. He needs his mama, he will never grow up and it will be hard if not impossible for him to adjust to this new normal after being a snowflake for his whole life.

Lot's of "babe's" again this season. Always weird. Someone on the show, please refer to the love of your life as "honey", "sweetheart", "my love". Babe always seems so forced to me.

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I didn't understand why she was so tired since she just slept through the 24-hour flight, leaving Binyam to care for the baby. Although, granted, it probably wasn't as good a sleep as one would have in a bed.

Doesn't it always seem like someone else is caring for the baby? 

I read a long while back, on social media, that someone saw Bini and Ari here in the states and that he looked good, but she looked a mess.  I wasn't surprised. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Pillow Talk seems like the best gig, to me.  They don't have their privacy invaded and live out their ups and downs in front of a camera. They just have to react for an hour or so to a tv show every week. It's mind boggling that PT would pay more per episode than being on the series.  

I think the people who are on Pillow Talk benefit from the very cheap production costs. The money saved is handed over to the PT participants with plenty left over for Sharp and TLC. No cameras, no sound technicians, no moving from one location to another, no permits to film. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Losers: Areola’s siblings, who are watching their hopes for an already meager inheritance dwindling away

The siblings have a different father.  Only our Special Snowflake Ariela is Dr. Fred's daughter 

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

I breast fed three children: in the presence of my father, but always discreetly. 

Emily could take a cue from Michelle Duggar with her very modest circus tent/nursing cape. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 minutes ago, magemaud said:

The siblings have a different father.  Only our Special Snowflake Ariela is Dr. Fred's daughter 

Yes, I know that. Dr. Fred has no blood ties to the other three kids. However, if Dr. Fred pre-deceases Janice (which might happen any day now because he looks like he aged about 20 years, probably a result of financial woes), she would be named as his beneficiary. And when she dies, most likely all four children will inherit the assets. The percentages might not be equal as things sit at the moment, but there would be nothing preventing Janice from rewriting the will to give them equal distribution. 

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, JeanJean said:

I didn't understand why she was so tired since she just slept through the 24-hour flight, leaving Binyam to care for the baby.

Sleeping on a flight is a lot more work than Ari normally does so it’s no wonder she acted like she just ran a marathon when she got off the plane. The poor girl was exhausted from walking through airports and stuff! Lol. Watch the footage…she very rarely carries the baby (Bini always does). She very rarely feeds the baby (the babysitter and Bini do). She very rarely cleans the house (the babysitter does). She very rarely cooks (the babysitter does). Heck, she doesn’t even do her own hair (the babysitter does)  I seriously have no idea how she spends her time but the woman never actually “works” at anything. I’m very curious to see if she will be able to pay her own bills in that apartment. My money says no but I’m sure her parents will find a way to bail her out, even if it means that her dad hires her as a paper filer one day a week for $100k a year. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I wonder if Emily will sing a different tune when Koben is five and asking for the titty in complete sentences. 

Actually, that absolutely happens! Toddlers don’t understand boundaries (obviously) so those that are still breastfeeding have been known to get confused and grab the breasts of other random women. People seem to forgive such behavior when an infant does it, but a 3 year old toddler? Not so much. It gets even worse when it happens at school in front of other kids. Because kids never gang up on other kids and make fun of them. Nope. That never happens. 

If Emily wants to go down this road (extended breast-feeding and co-sleeping) to each their own, but I hope she’s receiving guidance from a doctor or other trained professional to help her avoid some of the common developmental pitfalls with that approach. There certainly are benefits but if not navigated intelligently, she can risk some significant developmental problems as well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

As much as despise Emily, I must say she’s got some good genes on her side. Her mom is a true natural beauty and this week revealed that her grandmother is as well. Lucky girl. Too bad she squandered hitting the genetic lottery by being such an entitled, selfish, bossy brat. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
55 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Yes, I know that. Dr. Fred has no blood ties to the other three kids. However, if Dr. Fred pre-deceases Janice (which might happen any day now because he looks like he aged about 20 years, probably a result of financial woes), she would be named as his beneficiary. And when she dies, most likely all four children will inherit the assets. The percentages might not be equal as things sit at the moment, but there would be nothing preventing Janice from rewriting the will to give them equal distribution. 

If you Google there has been a bunch of financial woes besides Ari.  Their house burned down and the insurance refused to cover it, they declared bankruptcy, etc.  I think they rented the house shown on the first season and are now renting in the same okay but not luxury complex Ari is in.  So although Fred is a cardiologist he does not appear to have accrued the assets that other cardiologists do by retirement.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

So although Fred is a cardiologist he does not appear to have accrued the assets that other cardiologists do by retirement.

He looks totally beaten down. He’s 70yo and has little to show for all those years practicing medicine. He’s still supporting his hapless 30yo daughter. If Janice isn’t working full time, she should be. I wonder if he and Janice lost their retirement accounts to their creditors. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

He looks totally beaten down. He’s 70yo and has little to show for all those years practicing medicine. He’s still supporting his hapless 30yo daughter. If Janice isn’t working full time, she should be. I wonder if he and Janice lost their retirement accounts to their creditors. 

Generally speaking, IRAs and 401(k)s and the like cannot be touched in a bankruptcy proceeding. If they had conventional stock market investments on the other hand, all bets are off. The Weinbergs presumably had the money to hire a good lawyer, but later sued him for malpractice (the suit was eventually thrown out).

• Useful 3
23 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think she does work full time as a nurse at an ER.

So, this week:

Bilalzebub and Shaeeda: Time to meet the kids! Both are to share some of the blame for the bust of an event. Shaeeda, it is a little soon for the kids to be calling you anything. Take some time, get to know them and then work on a 'bonus' mom name for you - although I do hate that term - no one will call their stepmother 'stepmother'. See how it goes. Whether you like to play games or not, you could have been a little nicer and yeah, be honest that you don't play games, but show some interest in watching and maybe learning to play one game at a passable level.

Bini and Ari: So Bini looked after Avi for the entire flight? The whole 24 or so hours of the various connections? Was it a bit empty and they could find some seats in the back to stretch out? Who did Ari's hair? Bini? Is there a nanny also on the flight who wasn't shown who will still be taking care of Ari? Her folks found an apartment for them? With Covid, it could take a few months for Ari to find a job, find some daycare for Avi, etc. Ari better hope Bini gets some bongo work or other kind of work soon.

Guillermo and Kara: She is treating him like a child. Going to her parents and meeting the family? She doesn't think that Uncle Mike hasn't volunteered to do some investigating for free? Feel sorry for Guillermo. He is still a bit of a kid and immature. Although Kara is about the same level. She can find used/refurbished computers on Amazon or Kjiji or wherever. 

Patrick and Thais: So, she hasn't told her dad she's moving to the US? Does he know about Patrick? Does he know that she is planning to marry him? I get her not wanting his brother around and not having someone else in the house. I hope that she and Patrick did talk about getting a pet and it's not an unwelcome surprise for her right now. Maybe a few months after they get married and she settles in, they can make a decision of what sort of pet they want, what they can afford to take care of, what size of dog she wants, what kind of exercise it needs, whether she likes cats instead and would prefer a kitten, etc.  Not just spring a dog on her. It's a multi-year commitment and if Patrick is really lucky, he will be taking care of the dog or pawn it off to his brother. He does have a Tesla and seems to be beating Bilalzebub at his game.

Kobe and Emily: So Ems runs the house. She and her parents may need to work on setting some healthy boundaries. Cobin is getting a little old for regular feedings from mom, and maybe it is time to talk to the pediatrician about how to wean him off her as a major food and comfort source. The toddler should be eating more grown up food by now, maybe with a bit of baby food.  He should probably also be in his own room or a crib by the bed to stop being dependent on mom. Em just seems to use feeding Cobin as an excuse to get out of stuff and to get her own way. Kobe is a little wrong in that her breasts do not belong to him and he doesn't want to share with his son. Of course there is no room in the double bed for the entire family. Why wasn't a bigger bed purchased? Don't know if Ems is just dangling Kobe along, hopes he loses interest and leaves, or if she does want to be 'married' for the sake of it and obligation. Times have changed and one does not need to marry one's baby daddy. Co-parenting and support can work. 

Mohamed and Yve: Well, that was an awkward arrival. All lovey dovey at the airport, and then.... yeah, Yve, maybe you could have taken the first morning off to acquaint Mohamed with your home, show him where things are, how to use the stove to cook food, where things like salt and pepper are, etc. All he seemed to care about was his bidet and why you aren't making him breakfast and treating him like the king he imagines himself to be. Have the two of you talked about the life you will lead? Are you planning to convert to the Muslim faith and life? There will be some changes that an independent woman like you will not like. Mohamed, you are a grown man and can rustle up some sort of breakfast for yourself. Maybe Yve had some frozen waffles or bread and jam, whatever. I hope he does get a soft spot for her son, but his lack of maturity and wanting a mom for a wife may be a problem. Until he is able to work, he may be helping Yve with her son, changing the catheters, etc. Maybe he thinks it's female work and that as a man, he does nothing. Don't know if they will be viable life partners. Mohamed may realize he is in way over his head and Yve may wonder what happened to the hot, passionate Egyptian man she met.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

The Weinbergs presumably had the money to hire a good lawyer, but later sued him for malpractice (the suit was eventually thrown out).

I hope they had to pay the court and legal fees for both themselves AND the attorney they sued. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Spectator said:

Actually, that absolutely happens! Toddlers don’t understand boundaries (obviously) so those that are still breastfeeding have been known to get confused and grab the breasts of other random women. People seem to forgive such behavior when an infant does it, but a 3 year old toddler? Not so much. It gets even worse when it happens at school in front of other kids. Because kids never gang up on other kids and make fun of them. Nope. That never happens. 

If Emily wants to go down this road (extended breast-feeding and co-sleeping) to each their own, but I hope she’s receiving guidance from a doctor or other trained professional to help her avoid some of the common developmental pitfalls with that approach. There certainly are benefits but if not navigated intelligently, she can risk some significant developmental problems as well. 

Somehow, I doubt that Emily has ever navigated anything intelligently. 

And yes, a five year old asking to nurse in a complete sentence is the least of it. I cannot imagine that Emily's mother and sister will just smile indulgently and hand Koben off to his mama when he goes for the gold with them. I mean, dear lord, there are limits. Aren't there?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

I don't get this. If Janice and Ari are so close, why was this not discussed before her arrival back to the US? Ari made it clear that a one bedroom would be better AFTER THEY ARRIVED. So there was no plan or conversation in place as to where they would go? Who would pay? How to pay ongoing rent, etc.? I think that Janice couldn't bare the thought renting a one bedroom where her daughter would have to be inconvenienced, having all three of them sleep in the one bedroom. I think the thought pained her. Daddy will just have to increase her salary and that would be the solution. But still - the rent is probably not going to be cheap and along with all their other expenses, all paid for by one person, is going to be a challenge. Enter: Leandro. Ari probably can't wait to call him and cry on his shoulder. Bini will be miserable.

Also, Ari and Avi lived with Janice & Fred for at least a month, awaiting Avi's hernia operation.  And, Aris was threatening Bini that she and Avi could never return to Ethiopia.  Did Janice and Ari just plot Ari and Avi's living in her childhood bedroom?  Did they honestly think that Ari, Bini and Avi would permanently live in Kenya - even after Ari started the US visa process?  They had to anticipate Ari and family's move to the US, especially since Janice always encouraged it.  Those two could have gone apartment hunting during Ari's frequent Starbucks runs during the hernia operation era.  

Janice's $2000 apartment rental budget sounds about equal to the total monthly cost she absorbed for Ari's African lifestyle.  Ari was foolish or selfish to whine about the cable/internet service, unless she planned to cut Bini off from his sisters completely.  Moreover, she was supposedly a freelance writer.  I assumed that meant that she wrote about herself or her full-time job of repairing her relationship with Bini on a Wordpress blog.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, Grifter Lives said:

Also, Ari and Avi lived with Janice & Fred for at least a month, awaiting Avi's hernia operation. 

They stayed with Ari’s sister, presumably because the parents already had downsized to the apartment.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

So, she hasn't told her dad she's moving to the US? Does he know about Patrick? Does he know that she is planning to marry him?

Not only does Thais’s dad know about Patrick, according to her, her dad doesn’t like him! He’s not going to be pleased when he finds out about the wedding plans 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Of course there is no room in the double bed for the entire family.

I’m sure most couples who want to co-sleep with their children come up with a better solution than kicking the father out of the marital bed. They make small cribs that pull up next to the bed and the side lowers even with the level of the mattress top so the mother can reach the baby but he’s not taking up room in the bed. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Pillow Talk seems like the best gig, to me.  They don't have their privacy invaded and live out their ups and downs in front of a camera. They just have to react for an hour or so to a tv show every week. It's mind boggling that PT would pay more per episode than being on the series.  Also, I don't think the audience has to like the couple for them to be regulars; so many of the PT commentators are not popular at all:  Tom, Angela, Tania, Colt, Family Brandon, Yara

It's an easy way to earn a buck. Veronica makes the show, with Tim playing second fiddle. Lots of screaming from Molly, but at least she shows enthusiasm which makes it fun to watch. I liked Annie and David as well as Kenny and Armando. The rest don't offer anything, IMO. Kulani and her sister bounce on the bed, sit-dance whenever music is played, repeat what's said on the screen - gah, they are annoying.

Shaeeda, it is a little soon for the kids to be calling you anything. Take some time, get to know them and then work on a 'bonus' mom name for you -

I think that the question took her by surprise. Did she consider this beforehand? It probably never occurred to her as she likely never had been in a "step-mom" situation before. I think she considered it for a minute, then came up with the Umi from the top of her head. I think she means well. The kids are well-behaved, polite, respectful and seem very open to accepting Shy as their stepmom.

Did Billy refer to Shy as "young lady" after she asked about having kids? Holy Moly.

In the preview for next week Billy threatened to stop the car and suggested Shy get out and walk . . . Shy is in a foreign country, and any supposed man/host/boyfriend/fiance/human who would do that, in jest or not, needs to be "dismissed" from the possibility of sharing a life with them. This is not funny. It's abusive and scary.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Breedom said:

Yve should have taken the day off upon Egypt Tim's arrival. Just to spend real time getting to know each other, showing him around the house, sightseeing, then meeting and spending time with her son. Rushing off to work after spending a few minutes telling him what's for breakfast was not the best of planning. Why didn't she tell him the day before that she had to go to work early the next morning so he knew to expect that? And Egypt Tim expecting breakfast to be served to him. He needs his mama, he will never grow up and it will be hard if not impossible for him to adjust to this new normal after being a snowflake for his whole life.

Lot's of "babe's" again this season. Always weird. Someone on the show, please refer to the love of your life as "honey", "sweetheart", "my love". Babe always seems so forced to me.

I think "my love" (sometimes it's "mi amor") is being used on some of the spinoffs this year. It's just as annoying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Watching Mohamed sit and the table with Yve’s son, I was getting real sibling vibes. Certainly not step father/step son vibes. This relationship seems so so so off. But then again - He’s looking for a mother to take care of him. She’s looking for a babysitter. Maybe they actually did find exactly what they wanted in each other. But that still doesn’t mean it’s not super super weird and clunky. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Breedom said:

I think that the question took her by surprise. Did she consider this beforehand? It probably never occurred to her as she likely never had been in a "step-mom" situation before. I think she considered it for a minute, then came up with the Umi from the top of her head. I think she means well. The kids are well-behaved, polite, respectful and seem very open to accepting Shy as their stepmom.

Yes, and I believe she said she hopes that eventually they will call her umi, which she explained is also used for step parents and those as close as a mother.  I don't disparage her for saying this, because it opens the door for them to use it if they wish and for the kids to know that she is looking forward to being a close figure in their lives.  I do think she needs to be more open to playing games and doing things the kids enjoy, while at the same time she can introduce them to some of her interests, such as yoga.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Breedom said:

In the preview for next week Billy threatened to stop the car and suggested Shy get out and walk . . .

They show Bile getting out of the car, I'm holding out hope that a tractor trailer splatters him all over the road.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Breedom said:

In the preview for next week Billy threatened to stop the car and suggested Shy get out and walk . . . Shy is in a foreign country, and any supposed man/host/boyfriend/fiance/human who would do that, in jest or not, needs to be "dismissed" from the possibility of sharing a life with them. This is not funny. It's abusive and scary.

Oh so this is another prank, it is funny, no?  His mother and sister thought it would be hilarious if he pretended to pull over on the highway miles from home and tell her to get out.

I bet his ex wife is watching this and so not surprised.  Maybe the ex can give Shaeeda her phone number for when she needs to be picked up roadside or maybe share her Uber account with her.

Somehow if Shaeeda balks at his demand for her to exit the car he will say she is being ungrateful for her yoga room.

Punishment will be swift.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Oh so this is another prank, it is funny, no?  His mother and sister thought it would be hilarious if he pretended to pull over on the highway miles from home and tell her to get out.

I bet his ex wife is watching this and so not surprised.  Maybe the ex can give Shaeeda her phone number for when she needs to be picked up roadside or maybe share her Uber account with her.

Somehow if Shaeeda balks at his demand for her to exit the car he will say she is being ungrateful for her yoga room.

Punishment will be swift.

I wonder if he plays sadistic pranks on the kids too when they displease him in some minor way.

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Shauna said:

Ari looked a mess when she got off that plane.  Yes, I realize it was a really long flight, but she looked pretty bad. 

Wonder who will care for her child now that she doesn't have a full time nanny?  Mama, who lives just five minutes away?

I thought it was a crossover from Squid Games when she first emerged.

Then I realized it was just Ari.  

You can imagine my disappointment.

• LOL 9
On 5/13/2022 at 10:42 PM, Frozendiva said:

It is not that hard to inform potential partners that you have no interest in having more children. Don’t waste someone’s time.

Is he narcissistic enough to believe that if he stalls long enough, Shaeeda will become so enamored with American life with him in his God awful Mcmansion that she'll stop wanting children?  I think this POS IS at that level of hubris.

• Love 12
On 5/14/2022 at 11:06 AM, magemaud said:

He obviously doesn't want to answer the question himself and tries to weasel out of it every time he is asked. 

I thought Shaeeda came across as kind of a wet blanket when the kids asked her about playing a game. I realize there are people who are just not into sports or video, card or board games but for her to haughtily announce "I don't like games. I don't PLAY games..." instead of "I've never played such and such but would love to watch you play and learn about it" was a real buzzkill. She's in for a rude awakening when the kids expect her to be on the sidelines at their sports games or in the audience for a dance recital or school band concert. That's just what parents do! 

It also pointed out just how little Bilal knows about her, he didn't realize she's not playful and hated his family "prank." 

I think the only reason she decided to ultimately play along was because she saw the displeased look on Bilal's face when she at first refused.  From what we've seen of Bilal's temperament thus far, and how he's treated as the golden child by his mother, sister, and even ex-wife, she's going to have a lifetime of caving in to Bilal's displeasure, or otherwise there'll be hell to pay.  Next week's coming attractions clearly show what an even greater asshole he is than we've seen so far.

On 5/15/2022 at 12:19 PM, Nilo said:

Oh man, Yve with the profoundly special needs child has somehow acquired another one.  “I expected breakfast in bed.  Usually my mother prepares my breakfast and I expected Yve to do the same.”

I just can’t.

I literally threw up in my own mouth when she called him, "My King".

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 5/16/2022 at 9:01 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I have a lot of thoughts on this. I agree that Kobe is bending over backwards. He clearly loves the baby and wants to interact with him. Gatekeeper Emily will have no part of that. She will be on cloud nine in the coming weeks, telling Kobe everything he's doing wrong. I mean, she wasn't wrong when she said not to wind him up and play with him so energetically before bed. But the WAY she told him! She barked it out like an order. No reason why she just couldn't say calmly "we don't want to get Koben all wound up and hyper at bedtime. Do you want to sit quietly and read him a story?" NOOOOOOO. Besides, I'm willing to bet a shiny American quarter that Koben's "bedtime routine" is strictly mommy jamming a boob into his mouth. And I agree that she seems far more invested in nursing than Koben is at this point. Even if he turns his head she's intent on him taking it. 

I didn't nurse myself but I am all for nursing, and extended nursing. though at Koben's age I would think it would be more of a comfort thing, not a constant. I mean, no one BF's a toddler every two hours, do they? Emily's boobs were constantly flapping in the breeze. Kalani did the same thing, getting up in the middle of the night to BF toddlers. I have no beef with co-sleeping either. BUT Emily should have invested (hahaha, I kill me. I mean, should have had her long suffering father invest) in a king size bed so everyone would be comfortable. And speaking of her long suffering father, I agree that pumping in front of her parents was, well, odd. And I don't get why she has to pump for a 17 month old. He's eating solid food at this point, he's not dependent on breast milk for nutrition or antibodies. Is she donating her milk? (hahahaha, I kill me again.) Emily's found a way to hijack the attention of the whole family at all times. She's daring anyone to say a word about it. She reminds me of the women I used to see on a usenet group I hung out on in the 90's, who'd post things like "I sat down on the edge of the frozen food case at Walmart and breastfed my 3 year old! I got so many dirty looks! Its my baby's right to breastfeed and when she's hungry I'm going to!" Its not about her baby. Its about her. 

I suppose her parents are just relieved that she didn't spawn with one of her now incarcerated former boyfriends, and that she's not bringing their grandchild to the state pen for visits every Sunday. 

Am I wrong, or was the bed that Kobe ultimately went to sleep on larger than the one Emily was on?  Unless it just looked bigger because the room Emily was in looked like it was owned by a hoarder.  No wonder Emily feels claustrophobic, LOL.

If the other room's bed WAS bigger, they could have all slept in there together.

• Love 4

Since, as far as we know, Emily’s baby slept by himself just fine when she had her hotel nights with Kobe (and she didn’t even seem upset, like this is my first time sleeping away from him or anything), seems like she’s using the baby as an excuse to not sleep with Kobe. Maybe that first night wasn’t as magical as she hoped?

I’m kinda surprised Kobe is so against extended breastfeeding. I was under the impression that it was normal most other places, just not the US. I mean, once my kids were this age it was pretty much just before going to sleep or for comfort, they ate what we ate for meals. And I mainly just pumped at work and stopped that as soon as I could (about a year). So maybe Emily is just as attached as the baby, or more. 

• Love 4

I'm not sure Emily thought this thing through--bringing Kobe over.  She's going to have to co-parent with him.  She can't rule over him and have all the say. 

I nursed my son and always thought of it as private, bonding time between the two of us.  I would take him to my room an cradle him and have quiet time.  No way, no how would I nurse in front of my parents like Emily does.  Call me crazy, but I just couldn't, wouldn't do that. 

• Love 11
(edited)
15 hours ago, Breedom said:

It's an easy way to earn a buck. Veronica makes the show, with Tim playing second fiddle. Lots of screaming from Molly, but at least she shows enthusiasm which makes it fun to watch. I liked Annie and David as well as Kenny and Armando. The rest don't offer anything, IMO. Kulani and her sister bounce on the bed, sit-dance whenever music is played, repeat what's said on the screen - gah, they are annoying.

Did Billy refer to Shy as "young lady" after she asked about having kids? Holy Moly.

I absolutely cannot endure any episodes of Pillow Talk because it makes me crazy with all of the over-the-top, phony excitement about each episode they watch, with all of them claiming how much they "live" for Sunday nights.  It's just so transparently fake AF.  Really, the highlight of all the loser participants' week is watching other losers likewise embarrass themselves?  Based upon the one or two episodes I did ever watch, I totally agree about Veronica making the show, with boring, lethargic Tim just being a sidekick.  Veronica totally seems like a fun, great person.  It's kind of sad that they broke up as a couple, though nice that they're still close because of her daughter. 

I had a former fiancee similarly torment me.  We had flown to his hometown of Montreal, Canada to attend a wedding of a relative of his.  We were in downtown Montreal sightseeing and hanging out when we got into a huge fight.  My fiancee just walked away from me and didn't come back for more than two hours.  I was so distraught, as I didn't even know the telephone number or address of his parents, who we were staying with in some suburb.  This was back in 1993, so no cell phones to use.  For the first hour after he left me there, I sat on a bench and cried.  The second hour I started walking around trying to find I don't know what.  I didn't know any French, and the majority of the people speak that, and some of them also English.  I think I was hoping to come across a police officer to ask for help.  That POS ex of mine finally popped up behind me after the second hour, telling me that he had been watching and following me for the entire time, and that he had never intended to leave me there on my own indefinitely.  I totally believe he was masochistically enjoying watching me suffer.  He totally was an abusive asshole on whom I'd had to call the cops twice during the 1 and a half year that we were together as a couple.  We broke up for good shortly after returning from that trip. 

My point in comparing what happened to me with what it looks like Bile will be doing to Shaeeda, is that it IS such an EMOTIONALLY ABUSIVE, as well as TERRIFYING thing to be left alone in another country like I was and she may be.  I hope that she leaves him because of it.

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I absolutely cannot endure any episodes of Pillow Talk because it makes me crazy with all of the over-the-top, phony excitement about each episode they watch, with all of them claiming how much they "live" for Sunday nights.

And anytime there is a “cliffhanger” (even one that will be resolved in the same episode) they act like their dog just died.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have so many questions for Yve & Mohammed.  Did they not discuss Mohammad being a father figure to her son? But he doesn't want to spend time looking after the son & was already calling himself a babysitter before he's ever even spent one minute watching the son. He's undoubtedly in the US on Yve's dime, is getting free room and board, but can't be bothered to help her out? And she thinks her childlike lover came to the US & is qualified to be her son's caretaker? What about the religious differences? Is Yve expected to convert to Islam? Or is Mohammed expected to assimilate to Yve's way of life?  As a woman she's not allowed to be alone with a man who isn't her husband. So that means she's not allowed to be alone with Mohammed... or her ex husband?  Did Mohammad expect America to assimilate to his way of life, as opposed to vice versa?  It just seems so poorly thought out. Also, Yve seems like kind of an idiot.

Emily is a straight up baby-hog.  So she brings Kobe all the way here from Cameroon so that he can meet his son and then stay in another room? He's only allowed in her bed when she summons him for sex, but then has to go sleep alone? She's bossy in the worst way. Yes, OF COURSE the baby's regular routine is disrupted by the introduction of his father into his daily life. The solution is to create a new routine that includes daddy, not kick daddy out of the room to maintain a one-parent-only routine. Kobe seems far too reasonable and kind to be with Emily - or to be on this garbage-show. 

Same goes for Shae.  She's far too rational, smart, reasonable and beautiful to be part of Bilal's OR TLC's shitshow. Girl, you in danger. Run back to T & T. Bilal's $ ain't worth all his bullshit. Where's HIS gratitude for HER? I want to roll up his "B Grateful" shirt and cram it down his throat. He's a dick.

Ari and Bini... whiny ingrates. Ari's parents: enablers of whiny ingratitude. 

I already know where Patrick & Thais' story is headed and I'm pre-cringing. John is a weapons-grade asshole and he's going to make his brother choose between him and his girl. And sadly, I bet Patrick gets manipulated into choosing his asshole brother.

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, Xebug67 said:

From what we've seen of Bilal's temperament thus far, and how he's treated as the golden child by his mother, sister, and even ex-wife, she's going to have a lifetime of caving in to Bilal's displeasure, or otherwise there'll be hell to pay. 

I wonder what his brother thinks of that? He said he came from a large family, there might be more displaced brothers that we haven't seen on camera. What makes Bilal so special? Maybe he's the oldest or youngest boy or the most successful so the family fawns over him. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I wonder what his brother thinks of that? He said he came from a large family, there might be more displaced brothers that we haven't seen on camera. What makes Bilal so special? Maybe he's the oldest or youngest boy or the most successful so the family fawns over him. 

I think Belial said he was the youngest.

1 minute ago, Gobi said:

I think Belial said he was the youngest.

I thought so, too, but then I thought I was mixing him up with other participants like Bini, Ari or Libby, (all the babies of their families) 

Am I seeing a trend? 

• Love 2

Oh, WTF was that bandaid looking thing on Egyptian Tim's neck/upper back? It is visible when he is trying to cook his breakfast. A nicotine patch? But why put it there? 

Yve said he understood he would have to help with her son....but I don't know if he truly understands the depth of that commitment or what it even means when she says he has some disabilities. I am sure she will be SHOCKED when he pushes back on stepping up as baby sitter and housekeeper. 

• Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I am sure she will be SHOCKED when he pushes back on stepping up as baby sitter and housekeeper. 

not to mention Catheter Inserter. 

It definitely was a round band-aid looking thing on his back. I posted a screen shot of it somewhere in the Live Chat. To me, it doesn't look like a medicinal patch, maybe it's just a band-aid covering some kind of boo-boo. Perhaps Yve scratched him with her talons during their sexy time. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 2
On 5/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, Inga said:

Wow Emily is just horrible. I can’t believe how rude she is being to Kobe. I would never tell my boyfriend to go help my mom in the kitchen the first time he came over. How uncomfortable is that. And personally, i would not pump in front of my father or father in law, that would just be weird for me. And Emily’s boobs??? Omg! They are not looking good, i can’t believe she wore that outfit at the dinner table, gross. I mean, my boobs aren’t great either but i don’t show them like that. If i was Kobe, I’d be like, that’s okay Koben, you can have those. 

The worst part of that fiasco was making Kobe sleep in another bed!!!!   No wonder she wanted a sex-night before they went home.  I can't stand that girl.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And anytime there is a “cliffhanger” (even one that will be resolved in the same episode) they act like their dog just died.

The worst one, out of all of them, is Molly with her fake accent and screeching.  Super annoying.   Veronica gets too loud a lot of the time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

1) Can I just say I love the phrase “Her identity is breasts.” That would be a great name for the spin off Big Em is inevitably aiming for.

Em really grosses me out. I feel like this sloppy, tits-out-in-front-of-Dad, domineering cartoon character being that is her current form is totally representative of who she really is. Talk about Vacation Em mask coming off! Poor Kobe, it’s almost like getting catfished.

2) Mohammed’s hollow “Ohhhhh my Gahhhhhhd….” should be the sonic identity for the show, at the end of every promo. 

Edited by HelloOutThere
Forgot words
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4