Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E16: Are You In, or Are You Out?

• Start Topic

Almost eight weeks have passed and the four couples prepare for their final decision; the idea of staying married has a nice ring to it for some, while the others turn to their friends and family to help sway their final decisions.

Air date: April 27, 2022 at 8:00PM EDT.

3 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

If Jasmina still doesn’t have attraction for Mike after almost 8 weeks I don’t think this is going to work. 

Especially if she isn’t willing to try a kiss or more.  They are so busy friend zoning each other that they don’t even attempt a kiss to see what would happen 

Sorry  Jon - Just because Lindsey is willing to help clean out the house does not mean she’s the right person for Mark 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10

After Mark and his friend were on, I counted 14 commercials.  14 is a bit much.  Ridiculous!

Of course Lindsey had to go in the bathroom with Mark to make sure he got the sample.  What is he, a baby.  She’s up his face every minute.  Her monotone voice annoys me too.  I have a feeling he will say yes next week as he doesn’t like to hurt anyone.  Then divorce after a few weeks.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Especially if she isn’t willing to try a kiss or more.  They are so busy friend zoning each other that they don’t even attempt a kiss to see what would happen 

Sorry  Jon - Just because Lindsey is willing to help clean out the house does not mean she’s the right person for Mark 

Lindsey likes to help people, then hold it against them and expect things back tenfold.  There’s always payback.  She expects it.

• Like 1
  • Love 13

What does Olajuwon want? He wants to travel but wants Katina to work, go to school, cook, clean. I don’t see a yes on DD but if there is a yes it won’t last long. 
Mike, Jasmina is basically saying she’s always going to be in the friend zone with you. 

• Love 12

Mark should dump Lindsey and go with her nice girlfriend she had lunch with.  She seems very nice and normal.

Oh no.  Mark falls, and Dr. Lindsey puts his whole leg up on her shoulder.  Nut job.  I didn’t know she’s an Orthopedic also.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Uh oh--Katina has found a way to reconcile O's controlling ways.  She's grateful for the way he treats her. She's learning a lot from him!  It's instructional!   I say it's bad news.

Without her heavy make up, Katina looks tired and washed out.

Edited by rebel2u
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Wait.  Did Katina say she’s still working on her two year degree?   She’s 30 yrs old.  It’s a very long way for nursing.

Yeah, and when you go into nursing now it’s smart to get a three year degree.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

After Mark and his friend were on, I counted 14 commercials.  14 is a bit much.  Ridiculous!

Of course Lindsey had to go in the bathroom with Mark to make sure he got the sample.  What is he, a baby.  She’s up his face every minute.  Her monotone voice annoys me too.  I have a feeling he will say yes next week as he doesn’t like to hurt anyone.  Then divorce after a few weeks.

Did that include the James Allen jewelry  “commercial” Steve put on for us? He was giving his friend step by step instructions. Too much! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I thought the Lindsey sperm discussion was gross, especially comparing it to Elmer’s glue. Is nothing off limits any more? I’ve been married 27 years and have never felt the need to tell other people about my husband’s sperm.  I actually turned this on thinking it was decision day but it was another episode about the same issues as every other week.

• Love 20

Well, this season was underwhelming!  While I can think of several low notes, I am hard pressed to remember a high one.  I have a feeling that some of the couples are going to say "Yes" on D-Day and will be over by Labor Day, if not already. 

• Love 13

I sure hope Katina kicks Oj to the curb. She should not stay married to a man who tells her he has to be selfish and do what is best for him. He will never cherish her. 

I think Jasmina will say no and good for Mike if she does. He deserves a wife who is attracted to him.

Steve and Noi have no chance of making it. She only wants a wallet for a husband.

Lindsay and Mark are a hot mess. They will never make it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
43 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

I thought the Lindsey sperm discussion was gross, especially comparing it to Elmer’s glue. Is nothing off limits any more? I’ve been married 27 years and have never felt the need to tell other people about my husband’s sperm.  I actually turned this on thinking it was decision day but it was another episode about the same issues as every other week.

I know, I don't need to know the consistency of Mark's "sample".....Just completely beyond inappropriate for TV.  At this point the two of them are grossing me out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

True to form Olajuwon can barely hold a knife and fork and then drinks his wine straight from the little wine carafe he got with his meal.  D'oh!  What an ignoramus.  Then, also true to his narcissistic form he tells the world that he will do what's best for HIM on decision day.  Yeah, we know, in the end t's all about Olajuwon.  Katina will say yes but she'll regret it someday.

Lindsey is right that Mark lives in the past, can't handle change and is very defensive about himself and his things, but that's not because he's an only child, it's because he is a momma's boy and mentally and emotionally still hasn't cut the proverbial apron strings.  I realized that about him tonight.  Lindsey herself doesn't know what it's like being an only child.  You don't come out like that unless you have an unhealthy attachment to your mother and lead a sheltered life.  I didn't come out anything like that.  I shared my toys with all the kids on my block.  I loved change, I couldn't wait to get out of my parents' house.  That scene where Lindsey talked about taking $500 (it would take more to do what she wanted) reminded me of "Big Bang Theory" when Bernadette moves into Howard's late mother's house and he balks when she says she's going to completely redecorate.  She got her way anyway, and truthfully she was right.  And incidentally Howard also had an unhealthy "momma's boy" relationship with his mother so I see some parallels there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Oh please let this be the last episode before DD. I’m so done with this bunch. 

Sorry to say it is NOT and they are going to drag us out yet ANOTHER week with a totally unnecessary "filler" show with former cast members giving their commentary on the couples.  I guess the producers of this show don't know how this is totally backfiring on them and turning off viewers.

• Love 5

Ugh Noi!   With the living apart. And her snotty faces.  She should never have been selected for this show. But Steve and his “oh hey I had a job for 4 years” like he deserves a gold star. Ugh. And a 1.5 carat ring for that snotty little girl?   But I did like his sense of humor while they were in bed. 

O is awful. So many tests for Katina and she’s still falling short to him. She looks exhausted and she’s not enough for him. Not passing his tests. Not enough of a woman.  He wants to travel the world and she will hold him back with her striving for an associate degree. He’s an idiot and I wonder how he functions in real life with his inflated sense of self worth. 

Jasmina and Mike.  Boring and boring.  Too many complicated conversations with friends.  It shouldn’t be so hard. 

I still think Mark and Lindsay are perfect for each other.  They are so busy fighting it that it will never happen. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

And a 1.5 carat ring for that snotty little girl

Did anyone else catch that when he was zooming in on the photo and saying he was choosing 'F' for color ( which is good btw), to the right of the photo of the ring it said "lab created diamond." Oh hell no!!! 

2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Edited by ECM1231
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Katina, run girl.  Seriously, RUN like the wind. Don’t cry for that horrible nasty person the ‘experts’ foisted off on you.  RUN...I’m begging you!  RRRRRUUUUUNNNN!!!!

O, you are working so hard to make Katina the bad guy and say ‘no’ on DD, but we all see you.

Mike, Jasmeena’s just not that into you.

Lyndsey, Mark is scared of you.  Let him go back to the beige room in his beige life and be beige.

Steve and Noi, you are at different places in your lives.  Realize that, accept that, and move on.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Lindsey is BEYOND. She has to describe Mark’s ‘sperm’ (correct term = semen, Dr. Lindsey!) in embarrassing detail, after going with him to supervise the whole thing. Ugh. Plus, what’s her egg count, hmmmm? Takes two. She may have hormone issues (Lord knows!) or a diminished egg count, or both! I believe women in their mid to late thirties tend to have more fertility issues than men of that age. Let’s hear all about HER testing in embarrassing detail!

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Meowwww said:

But Steve and his “oh hey I had a job for 4 years” like he deserves a gold star. Ugh

What he actually said was it took a lot of work to GET TO that level and once he attained THAT JOB he did it for four years (and was involuntarily laid off btw). She showed no interest in learning what the job involves, skills/training/experience required, how it can be flipped into a successful contract/consulting role, etc. She has no trust that he’ll step up/work to support family, despite his assurances and the type of person he has shown himself to be over the past 8 weeks. With a ‘coordinator’ title she likely makes 40k or less. I don’t know why she’s so haughty about herself and so unbending. As many have said, aNOIying little priss. And she didn’t even say ‘I love you’ back to him - instead said  “Me too.” WTF

Edited by ChiMama
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 13

Noi is damaged goods. It’s sad. But her childhood scars are showing and I don’t think she’s going to get help and stay with Steve—ultimately. Based on previous DDs, deciding to stay married means nothing much of the time.

Get Lindsey off my TV. Take Ola with her. She doesn’t appear to be capable of a happy relationship. He’s #1 in his world. There’s no room for anyone else.

I feel bad for Michael. But as I previously posted, shave, smile and get out there, Mike. He’s ready and deserves a healthy relationship.

Poor Mark. I couldn’t deal with him, but he’s so lost. Imagine thinking Lindsey might be okay after all the shit she’s thrown because she offered support to him. This season is sad. And far too long.

• Love 13

I don't know why but I really do enjoy watching this group just play around and have fun. 

On paper I can see why all of the remaining couples were put together.

Mike and Jasmina could literally work great if it wasn't for her. They actually are a good match. But, attraction is such a difficult thing to define and feel. It's not her fault. I almost feel like they are Karen/Miles 2.0. Maybe outside of the cameras and the pressure they could work.

Mark and Lyndsey both basically got what they asked for but while in many ways they balance each other out, in so many other ways, they don't match. At least, I believe they don't hate each other now.

O and Katina could be great but O as well as Noi came into this just wanting to plant a warm body in their life. They have no interest in making a new life with someone. I hate people like that on this show.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I think Lindsey was either giving him a helping hand or lip service.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

True to form Olajuwon can barely hold a knife and fork and then drinks his wine straight from the little wine carafe he got with his meal.

Did you see the chunks of beef he was stuffing into his mouth? It was sickening. Run, Katina!! 

The minute Chris and Alyssa left the show, I knew I’d rue that day. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

After watching all the episodes of this season, so far, I asked myself why I have not really enjoyed this season.  My answer is that I really only like two of the people, Steve and Mike.  The rest I don't care for.

Through their personalities, these people have shown why they have not found a spouse and needed to try Married at First Sight.

Also, the mid season episode where the panel got to re-evaluate the couples and next week's show are totally unnecessary.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Yeah No said:

True to form Olajuwon can barely hold a knife and fork and then drinks his wine straight from the little wine carafe he got with his meal.  D'oh!  What an ignoramus.  Then, also true to his narcissistic form he tells the world that he will do what's best for HIM on decision day.  Yeah, we know, in the end t's all about Olajuwon.  Katina will say yes but she'll regret it someday.

Lol! I thought I hallucinated that! I was like: Wait. Whut? Did he just? ... No. No, no, no. 😅

The thing that irks me is: Olajuwon is constantly putting Katina down. Saying that he's achieved certain things in his life and she hasn't. Welp:

2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Did you see the chunks of beef he was stuffing into his mouth? It was sickening. Run, Katina!! 

🗣 Olajuwon, you have stuff to work on, too. Like table manners.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

True to form Olajuwon can barely hold a knife and fork and then drinks his wine straight from the little wine carafe he got with his meal.  D'oh!  What an ignoramus. 

This alone would make me dump him!

I can see why he and Lindsey have formed a bond - they are both mannerless heathens.

• LOL 4
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Wait.  Did Katina say she’s still working on her two year degree?   She’s 30 yrs old.  It’s a very long way for nursing.

What has she accomplished?  She hasn’t finished the 2 year degree yet?  Maybe Olajuwon has a point?

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Mike and Jasmina could literally work great if it wasn't for her. They actually are a good match. But, attraction is such a difficult thing to define and feel. It's not her fault. I almost feel like they are Karen/Miles 2.0. Maybe outside of the cameras and the pressure they could work.

I keep thinking that too but Jasmina has a lot of trouble getting out of her head.  She overanalyzes everything and that's the death to attraction and romance.  She has to be willing to take a risk.  At least sample the goods before she decides she isn't attracted to him.  Why is she so positive about the relationship and how it's progressed if she won't even put in a little effort to hug and kiss the guy?  She doesn't have to jump into bed with him, just see if there's any spark.  As a woman I know how I can get in my own way that way even married.  I'm seriously not in the mood, not feeling it for my husband AT ALL, and then suddenly after a hug and kiss, it comes out of nowhere!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I know, I seriously think the guy was raised by wolves.  And that's probably an insult to wolves.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

And other episode where it is the same old thing. But there was Steve with the ring company infomercial. Why is he buying a ring for someone that doesn't want to live with him?

I do think Noi and Steve will say yes on D-day.

I've called it before and I'll say it again, Mark and Lindsey will stay together. Without each other, who are they going to complain about?

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sorry to say it is NOT and they are going to drag us out yet ANOTHER week with a totally unnecessary "filler" show with former cast members giving their commentary on the couples.  I guess the producers of this show don't know how this is totally backfiring on them and turning off viewers.

I'm pretty sure they only had about six hours of usable footage this season, and they're mercilessly stretching it out for 20ish two-hour episodes.

8 hours ago, Real4real said:

O, you are working so hard to make Katina the bad guy and say ‘no’ on DD, but we all see you.

If it wasn't her Life Plan, it would be Cooking or Travel or something. Olajuwan isn't feeling the marriage, which is fine, but he's trying to make it solely Katina's fault for "failing" him and his ongoing tests.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Yeah No said:

True to form Olajuwon can barely hold a knife and fork and then drinks his wine straight from the little wine carafe he got with his meal.  D'oh!  What an ignoramus.

12 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Lol! I thought I hallucinated that! I was like: Wait. Whut? Did he just? ... No. No, no, no. 😅

I laughed and laughed at that. Ignoramus indeed!

I'm editing my reaction, based on the sensitive observation of @StatisticalOutlier.  It is a bit sad that production chose to exploit his lack of worldliness for entertainment purposes. (I once sat next to a guy at a fancy work dinner who sipped from the finger bowl because he thought it was some kind of special tea. I certainly did not laugh at him, and my heart broke a little.) But this is O…so now I’m all kinds of conflicted since he loves to say how Kat lacks life experience.

9BFDAF20-DFB0-46B7-92E1-0839EED98B25.jpeg

Edited by Cancun
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Rightside said:

And other episode where it is the same old thing. But there was Steve with the ring company infomercial. Why is he buying a ring for someone that doesn't want to live with him?

I do think Noi and Steve will say yes on D-day.

I've called it before and I'll say it again, Mark and Lindsey will stay together. Without each other, who are they going to complain about?

I agree on all fronts and have said that before myself, that Mark and Lindsey will say "yes" on decision day.  I'm not making any bets on how long they stay together, though.

Steve seems to be completely in the dark about why Noi doesn't want to live with him.  She wants to see if he actually gets a job and/or finds a way to support himself before she'll trust him enough to live with him.

• Love 5

Not many comments   It’s a strange group IMO   I sort of wish Katina had been matched with Michael because he’s so genuine and accepting and I think he’d really support Katina’s efforts and plans for herself   Maybe after r the divorces, Mike and Katina will get together   Why not?   I think Lindsey and Mark will stay together and work out fine    Like last week, Steve is too good for Noi   Enough said    

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kira53 said:

What has she accomplished?  She hasn’t finished the 2 year degree yet?  Maybe Olajuwon has a point?

30 yrs old, gets married, has to get Bachelors, nursing school, husband.  What was she thinking?  Personally, I think she is immature.  I don’t remember her ever saying nursing before.

• Love 2