Type keyword(s) to search

Jibri and Miona

• Start Topic

Jibri, 28 (Rapid City, S.D.) and Miona, 23 (Serbia). It was a picture-perfect moment: Jibri noticed Miona in the audience of his band's show in North Serbia. They've been together ever since, and Jibri proposed during one of their trips around the world. Miona can't wait to move to the United States and envisions a lavish life in Los Angeles, but Jibri recently moved back to his family's home in South Dakota. Will Miona be able to accept a life with Jibiri in a small town, or will the strains of living with his family, combined with her jealousy, prove to be too much? 

• Love 2
On 4/10/2022 at 8:37 AM, greekmom said:

I thought I posted that SD can get quite cold, and I am learned today that Serbia can get cold, too.  So maybe that won't be too much of a shock to Miona.

Look, I am a midwestern human through and through, but a small SD town could get a bit.....boring.  

• Love 1

I've been to Rapid many times and love South Dakota, but Miona at first glance doesn't strike me as a small town girl-even if she's from a small town in Serbia, she wants the L.A. life for all the disruption in her life.   I just don't see her excited about Mount Rushmore :D.

• Love 3

Wasn’t Warehouse 13 set in South Dakota? Someone involved in a band is not likely to spend downtime in the middle of what is seemingly nowhere. Maybe if it an hour or two from Chicago. If she wants the LA scene, life will be boring. Some folks would find it refreshing to have a quiet life.

• Love 2

She's a wannabe kardashian & while his look may make him stand out in South Dakota he will just be another tatooed, bleached blond bum in LA and he will find it difficult to adjust to being just another weirdo in a city full of weirdos.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
27 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Didn't we all change over 7 years at that age?

Some of us couldn’t afford plastic surgery, didn’t invest in a bronzer company, changed my skin color, changed my hair except for a colour here and there.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, and actually her recent look is garnering a lot of controversy. Some people are calling it out as "black fishing."  

Weird how he says in that article that he's "tired of being black" and Miona appears to be "tired of being white".  These two belong on reality tv.  Just maybe not this show.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Weird how he says in that article that he's "tired of being black" and Miona appears to be "tired of being white".  These two belong on reality tv.  Just maybe not this show.  

Yes, and he says he doesn't want to live here in the US, but now she is coming here to live with him---???  Lots of mixed messages.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I am wondering about how JibJab decided on Serbia out of all the places on earth, Serbia? Not that I know so much about Serbia but the location, cold winters, no beach...seems like he was hiding from someone or something more than looking to escape racism...Serbia? Croatia would be nice, there are beaches at least.  Was he looking to blend in or stand out? All I could think of is my grandmother and her family standing on a frigid dock with all their belongings that they could carry waiting for a boat in 1905 waiting to get the eff out of Lithuania (formally part of Russia), because being Jewish anywhere in Eastern Europe was very hard and they were heading to the US...this guy heads somewhere where he will be more noticeable?  

Maybe I am off base but I have to wonder if he had not met a woman from Serbia would he have ever gone?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
I just don't know which way to run with this, signed, Confused
  • Love 4
On 4/19/2022 at 4:55 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am wondering about how JibJab decided on Serbia out of all the places on earth, Serbia? Not that I know so much about Serbia but the location, cold winters, no beach...seems like he was hiding from someone or something more than looking to escape racism...Serbia? Croatia would be nice, there are beaches at least.  Was he looking to blend in or stand out? All I could think of is my grandmother and her family standing on a frigid dock with all their belongings that they could carry waiting for a boat in 1905 waiting to get the eff out of Lithuania (formally part of Russia), because being Jewish anywhere in Eastern Europe was very hard and they were heading to the US...this guy heads somewhere where he will be more noticeable?  

Maybe I am off base but I have to wonder if he had not met a woman from Serbia would he have ever gone?

I think he mentioned his good friend is from Serbia and he went with him for a visit and fell in love with the culture, etc.  He's been there lots of times and can speak the language, I think.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I think he mentioned his good friend is from Serbia and he went with him for a visit and fell in love with the culture, etc.

I believe the Serbian friend is also in his band and that's why they went there several times. 

I guess that makes him an International Star like Usman? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 14
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

I believe the Serbian friend is also in his band and that's why they went there several times. 

You forgot he's an international SUPERstar not just star. 🤣🤣

• LOL 5
7 hours ago, magemaud said:

Welp, TLC.  Some shows/bands/fandoms have fan cruises.... here's your 90DF angle.  

(JUST KIDDING PLS DON'T DO THIS IT IS SUCH A BAD IDEA)

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I might have too much time on my hands but I think these are the boots JibJab bought for The Future Mrs. JibJab.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Old-West-Children-s-Narrow-J-Toe-Boots/172709430

Those boots are kids boots.

Jib says he hopes Meowna will give him time to save money so they could move to LA or where ever, in order to save money doesn't one have to actually be earning money? Does he have a job, he does not own a car and I am not sure what the public transportation is in SD but has he actually sat down and thought about how he intends to make enough money to keep that woman in the LA lifestyle?

I saw on her social media account that she travels a lot, how did she have the money to do all that traveling? Does she have a career that pays well or was the Cisco Kid footing the bill for her lifestyle and that is why is a broke kid now?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

My suspicion is that a lot of the jobless girl friends, like Miona are living off of the considerable income from Only Fans, and other sites.    I bet some of the boyfriends are too.    There's a reason that the 'fiances' have a big social media presence, including paid sites.   It's all about getting followers who will result in income.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Those boots are kids boots.

YES! When he held them up I thought they looked like kids boots, but then maybe she just has super tiny feet? I am guessing no, that Jibjab is just so stupid she said i wear a size 7, and he grabbed a child's size 7 because....reading is hard. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

YES! When he held them up I thought they looked like kids boots, but then maybe she just has super tiny feet? I am guessing no, that Jibjab is just so stupid she said i wear a size 7, and he grabbed a child's size 7 because....reading is hard. 

Rapid City has a Boot Bbarn and they're not exactly cheap. You're looking at over $200 for the womens sizes and the kids aren't exactly cheap.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Good boots, no, they can run up $$$$. The link posted was for a pair from Walmart. I am guessing that is also where he found that flamingo suit...that or the local thrift lol

Didn't see the link until now, my bad & please forgive me. 🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Rapid City has a Boot Bbarn and they're not exactly cheap. You're looking at over $200 for the womens sizes and the kids aren't exactly cheap.

The boots he bought were from Walmart.  

I love a cowboy boot, I have a few pairs, none of them were cheap but they last forever, I think JibJab should have spent the money on sewing kit for his pants.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

idn't see the link until now, my bad & please forgive me.

LOL, all  forgiven! And, FYI, I meant reading is hard for Jibjab as in he just saw a size number and ignored all the signs that he was in the kid section

• Love 3

My shoe size is anywhere from 5.5 to 6.5.  Normally a 6. I have purchased summer flip flop or slide type shoes from the girls section at Joe Fresh. They do go up to size 6. I was happy to find a good price for sparkly slides.

• Love 3
On 4/27/2022 at 2:01 PM, Stuckathome said:

Good boots, no, they can run up $$$$. The link posted was for a pair from Walmart. I am guessing that is also where he found that flamingo suit...that or the local thrift lol

I KNEW those boots looked plastic (no shade to Walmart; I get things there (especially box fans.. cheapest around, but i digress).  Cheap ass guy (well he doesn't work, so?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2022 at 12:55 PM, Welshman in Ca said:

When I saw the boots I figured they came from Walmart or the like, but then saw the distinctive Boot Barn bag.  I mean, they are still hideous and look like the boots my nieces wore at 3 yrs old. But I guess they will go along with Jibri’s insane outfits and Cowboys hat perched on the back of his head. 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 4/29/2022 at 5:26 PM, Grifter Lives said:

I'm sure "Space Cowboy" can be worked into a title, too.

"Some people call me Jibrice, cause I speak of the pompatous of pink boots..."

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 4/29/2022 at 8:26 PM, Grifter Lives said:

Are we subtitling the couples' threads this season?  

My first nomination for this thread: Black(fish) Serbs

I'm sure "Space Cowboy" can be worked into a title, too.

If we can find some mod to change the titles.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Jibjab rips the crotch of his pants before he leaves for the airport and is in no hurry to change when he gets home, odd.

The parents are pleasant to this Serbian girl, the mother is worried about her adjusting to cold weather, does this woman not know about Serbia and that they get all the seasons?  Mother Jib asks the young couple to pitch in with making dinners a few nights a week and Jibjab thinks she is being unreasonable in her very mild request, Mother Jib is nice enough to not throw the fact they are there on her dime/under her roof/funding their lifestyle in their face.  Also, they are eating dinner in the living room, why not the kitchen or say the actual dining room, (is there one?).

I give this couple a less than 50% chance of survival, I give South Dakota a more than 50% chance of snow.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
Grammar.
  • Love 6

first time I saw that couple it reminded me of 'Blake and Jasmin' of a few seasons ago...

an excentric wannabe musician dude living at his mom's house, and dating a very plastic looking lady...

Going Crazy Will Ferrell GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Because my brain is pretty much just an endless loop of Seinfeld episodes, I immediately thought of this when she put the boots on.  I was so hoping she would try to walk or run in them.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.a176f807d4f9d813432a7e1d1ca66fbf.jpg

• LOL 10
45 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Because my brain is pretty much just an endless loop of Seinfeld episodes, I immediately thought of this when she put the boots on.  I was so hoping she would try to walk or run in them.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.a176f807d4f9d813432a7e1d1ca66fbf.jpg

I'm so glad it's not just me that does this! The other night the surf was very rough and you could hear it at night and I said to Mr. Gingerella, 'The sea was angry that day, my friends..." and we both laughed. Then last night we were watching something on TV and someone had a weird hair style and I said, "You might wanna DO something about that hair..." My life is just one Seinfeldian moment connected to the next.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, gingerella said:

I'm so glad it's not just me that does this! The other night the surf was very rough and you could hear it at night and I said to Mr. Gingerella, 'The sea was angry that day, my friends..." and we both laughed. Then last night we were watching something on TV and someone had a weird hair style and I said, "You might wanna DO something about that hair..." My life is just one Seinfeldian moment connected to the next.

You are us.  We are you!  If other people heard us talk they would think we were insane.  My husband is always telling me that I get in the bloodstream and "Those aren't buoys!" comes up as often as we can feasibly work it in. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

They posted that they sold the split pants for $28,000....WTF would pay that for that??? holy hell....

I'm guessing the real sale price is $0.28 cents, because someone needed them for a dust cloth. 

• Useful 2