Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Yacht on the Rocks

• Start Topic

Parsifal III hits aground under Tom's watch, sending the boat into total chaos; the crew pulls it together for the guests' departure, but Tom's actions put Glenn and the deck team in a difficult situation.

Airdate: 03.28.2022

12 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Wow, I was going to say Tom was acting like a big baby and then he got all stalky scary.  

I know what Tom is experiencing emotionally. Several years ago, I had a girlfriend sleep with my college roommate. That chick was kicked to the curb by yours truly. Tom definitely got very emotional and crossed the line. He should’ve just walked away. Nobody should sleep with a co-worker if they value their employment. Upset co-workers can sabotage work projects. My college roommate got my ex- girlfriend pregnant and he hit the road leaving her stranded.🤣🤣

• Love 2

Let's play "If I were."

If I were Glenn, I would already be on the phone looking for a potential deckhand to replace Tom. His immature distractions could get somebody seriously hurt or the boat irreparably damaged. Anchor watch aside, he almost took out a quarter million dollars worth of electronics with that haphazard hose.

If I were Gabriella I would tell Ashley she is a level below me and to just do what I ask...period. I am not here to be your friend. If you don't like it, leave.

If I were Gary I would chase anything that had a vagina....oh wait , he does that already.

Edited by aqusdealer
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2

That was pretty dicey.  Lucky there was no serious damage.

"I thought we were sailing"  LOL

Now the guests are all up early.  Pump them full of coffee so they stay calm.  OK  They were a very friendly bunch.  Nice tip!

Go away Ashley!  Why all these women have the hots for Gary just escapes me.  Did Gabriela get in bed with Gary just to piss off Ashley?

Quite the drunken boat party.  I feel bad for Tom.  He seems like a good person, just green.   And hammered. 

"I'm gonna talk, you're gonna listen"  That always works.  Don't apologize to her.  I can see him quitting or getting fired.

Daisy is an awful manager.  You can't just throw up your hands and say "Well, they don't like each other, nothing I can do".   Ashley is such a snake with her phony reconciliation.

• Love 8

Captain Glenn has the worst luck. Last season, the engine fails and the yacht smashed against the wall of a dock. Now, the sea currents drag the boat approximately half a mile. I appreciate Captain Glenn because he appears to be the nicest of the Below Deck captains. Glenn’s kindness is also his weakness. Glenn is also a Canadian and Canadians have a tendency to be friendly to a fault.

• Love 10

Why did Tom go up on deck rather than wake up others as the alarm sounded, what was he going to do up there to help the situation.  I loved Colin flying out of bed in his boxers. Glen, Gary & Colin all kept level heads and that certainly helped get the situation under control. They were very lucky. Tom, rather than being contrite, gets defensive. Yeah, I fear he's not long for the boat, Spraying down the electronics sure didn't help.

What was up with Ashley throwing him under the bus. Maybe he would've noticed the wind speed sooner had she not been making out with him in the wheelhouse. Guessing she didn't share that tidbit.  She's a piece of work.  In no way is she scared to approach Gabby. She just used that an excuse.

Why does no one fancy Marcos? The man is hot and he can cook. 

• Love 20
12 hours ago, APK said:

How did Ashley get that large bruise on her backside?

Well the epi before when she was in that cabin fooling around with Tom we hear a smack sound and her saying harder. So maybe from that?

Was that quiet deck hand girl all cozied up to chef in the hot tub? And she is the only girl on the boat that hasn't made out with Gary. Gary is so gross. I just don't get it. 

Ashley is gross too. Total bitch to Tom and Gabby. 

Tom and the dragging anchor...didn't he call Colin right away. Ashley said she heard him say that they were dragging anchor and the replay showed her saying 'oh we definitely are' as Tom is already calling Colin. Then Tom ran down on deck. I think Colin and Gary were out there a while before Glen was woken up. So when Glen said 10 mins dragging before he was woken...Colin and Gary and Tom had been out working on it a bit. Why is Tom getting the full blame? Though Tom does suck at everything he does so no real loss if they sack him. 

Edited by Lamima
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Time for Tom to go back to the North Country. He should be tending sheep -- not at sea snogging while the keel is being scraped. Good thing they weren't aground on a coral reef: that stuff would slice up a hull like a katana through warm butter.

And why on earth was Gabby making out with Gary?! Yikes! She dropped a couple of points on the Class Meter.

• Love 11

A big part of the problem on this boat is the night time drunken romps every time a charter ends. The boat looks trashed when they all stagger into bed. Glen should tell them next time go out to dinner have a good time but when back on the boat no booze because some of you can't handle it. But alas I know Bravo tells them no worry. Drink as much as you want and hook up with any and all that you can. Because Bravo can't come up with anything better. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

A big part of the problem on this boat is the night time drunken romps every time a charter ends. The boat looks trashed when they all stagger into bed. Glen should tell them next time go out to dinner have a good time but when back on the boat no booze because some of you can't handle it. But alas I know Bravo tells them no worry. Drink as much as you want and hook up with any and all that you can. Because Bravo can't come up with anything better. 

I wouldn’t mind appearing on reality television. Each one of this cast is a member of the Screen Actors Guild. The money can also be pretty good, however so many reality television actors participate in the drama of a situation. Reality stars should just collect their checks. Cameran Eubanks(Southern Charm) was a master at collecting a check while never really participating in any chaos. Cameran Eubanks was on MTV’s Real World(San Diego) to begin her reality television career.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I want to say that Tom is just immature, but as an employer myself, I recognize the type. It's more than that. Whenever someone tries to instruct him they get an argument from him. Even if it's the simplest of things, like pulling up the fenders. If Gary says "no do it this way" he gets an argument. I'm not sure what that's about but it's a bad employee. That type of person just isn't prepared to work in the real world. 

Ashley is a different story. I think she's just kind of a bitch. And I hate to play that card but her attitude towards Gabi strikes me as a trifle racist. She's "scared" to ask her questions because of her attitude? Sure Jan.

They were lucky to get as big a tip as they did considering they were never able to go sailing.

Ah, now I see the deal with Tom.  Argues about everything, I hadn't really noticed, and yes I can see a racist tinge to Ashley's "I'm scared of you" BS, along with just feeling very entitled.  Everyone should bow to her

2 hours ago, WhiskeyVictor said:

And why on earth was Gabby making out with Gary?! Yikes! She dropped a couple of points on the Class Meter.

To yank Ashley's chain?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Ah, now I see the deal with Tom.  Argues about everything, I hadn't really noticed, and yes I can see a racist tinge to Ashley's "I'm scared of you" BS, along with just feeling very entitled.  Everyone should bow to her

To yank Ashley's chain?

Is that how immature and petty these women are?! 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Both Tom and Ashley seemed a little attached for just hooking up once.  Tom got to have sex with the big boob girl and had her on a talking head saying how great he was.  Take the win, bro, and move along.  Instead he gets weird about everything.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

What did Tom keep calling Ashley? It was some weird foreign slang word I'd never heard of before. Meant to look it up, now I've forgotten.

Skit? Something like that. I don't know that word either. I imagine it's some variant of "slut."

ETA: 

Skit noun

a wanton girl; a light wench

Edited by dleighg
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, Lamima said:

Well the epi before when she was in that cabin fooling around with Tom we hear a smack sound and her saying harder. So maybe from that?

Was that quiet deck hand girl all cozied up to chef in the hot tub? And she is the only girl on the boat that hasn't made out with Gary. Gary is so gross. I just don't get it. 

Ashley is gross too. Total bitch to Tom and Gabby. 

Tom and the dragging anchor...didn't he call Colin right away. Ashley said she heard him say that they were dragging anchor and the replay showed her saying 'oh we definitely are' as Tom is already calling Colin. Then Tom ran down on deck. I think Colin and Gary were out there a while before Glen was woken up. So when Glen said 10 mins dragging before he was woken...Colin and Gary and Tom had been out working on it a bit. Why is Tom getting the full blame? Though Tom does suck at everything he does so no real loss if they sack him. 

Tom made a big mistake by not informing anyone of the changing wind conditions and not being aware of the anchor dragging.  But, he probably could have salvaged his job if he had a different attitude when Glenn spoke to him about it.  Now Glenn doesn't feel like he can be trusted with anything other than a chamois.  Tom's go-to response is to get defensive and argumentative, even though I can see that he does feel bad when he is talking to himself.  

• Love 3

According to Urban Dictionary, a sket is a very nasty term meaning a dirty slut. I didn't even really have to look it up; given the way Tom spit it out repeatedly, the meaning was obvious. He may have been a good lay, but he's bad at his job, can't take criticism, and needs to not drink ever.

Edited by bref
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
On 3/28/2022 at 8:33 PM, APK said:

How did Ashley get that large bruise on her backside?

Either from Gabriela kicking her ass in the stew department or from the decision to sleep with Tom coming back to bite her in the butt?

The one good thing I'll say about her was that as soon as the guests started to wake up during the drama she jumped into serving them and reassuring them.  

Considering she always jumps in before Gabriela finishes speaking, I don't think she's so "scared" unless it is, as some of you point out, racism.  

But Tom, please never make me feel for Ashley again.  His verbal abuse and drink-pouring was awful no matter what she did.  

Mmm, Colin in boxers and mmm, Marcos.  Gary who?  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 3/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, iMonrey said:

Ashley is a different story. I think she's just kind of a bitch. And I hate to play that card but her attitude towards Gabi strikes me as a trifle racist. She's "scared" to ask her questions because of her attitude? Sure Jan.

I was thinking, what is Ashley's problem with Gabriel? Gabriel just wants her to work, she's nice about it until Ashley is on her last nerve, and a list makes sense. When she started with the BS about Gabriel making her uncomfortable, I was like oooooh, now I get it. She doesn't like like being a lower rank and taking orders from Gabriel for very possibly the reason others have mentioned.  My opinion of her sank even lower if that is possible.

9 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Mmm, Colin in boxers and mmm, Marcos.  Gary who?  

Yes, Colin is a lot hotter than Gary, as is Marcos. That scene with Colin in his boxers, yum.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

You can run, but you can’t hide, from comments in order of episode broadcast….

So after all the kerfuffle and mishegoss of the “run aground” incident, it turns out – not so much.  Yeah, the anchor dragged, and yeah, they hit some sand, but at the end of the day – nothing really but drama for the camera.

Tom quote:  “I will not take responsibility.”  Yeah, mate, that’s your problem – and you’re a dick.

Glenn is way too nice a Captain.  I suspect he’d invite the iceberg on board the Titanic.  Fire Tom.

Daisy’s explanation to Gabriella regarding duties and chain of command – what the bloody hell?  Daisy you are a lousy and ineffectual boss. 

Tom, you are a petulant little boy who’s way too young to be at sea much less in any sort of relationship.  Your clingy jealousy does you less credit than someone who is on watch and lets the anchor get dragged… oh, wait, that’s you!  Even your mother recognizes you’re a drunken monster!

Will Tom achieve redemption?  Will Ashley and Gabriela come to terms?  Will Kelsie get any decent screen time?  Will the new guests get fed?  Stay tuned….

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 3/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, APK said:

I wouldn’t mind appearing on reality television. Each one of this cast is a member of the Screen Actors Guild. The money can also be pretty good, however so many reality television actors participate in the drama of a situation. Reality stars should just collect their checks. Cameran Eubanks(Southern Charm) was a master at collecting a check while never really participating in any chaos. Cameran Eubanks was on MTV’s Real World(San Diego) to begin her reality television career.

When did reality show members get accepted into SAG?

• Useful 1
On 3/29/2022 at 8:00 AM, snarts said:

Why did Tom go up on deck rather than wake up others as the alarm sounded, what was he going to do up there to help the situation.  I loved Colin flying out of bed in his boxers. Glen, Gary & Colin all kept level heads and that certainly helped get the situation under control. They were very lucky. Tom, rather than being contrite, gets defensive. Yeah, I fear he's not long for the boat, Spraying down the electronics sure didn't help.

What was up with Ashley throwing him under the bus. Maybe he would've noticed the wind speed sooner had she not been making out with him in the wheelhouse. Guessing she didn't share that tidbit.  She's a piece of work.  In no way is she scared to approach Gabby. She just used that an excuse.

Have no fear, Snarts.  I fancy Marcos.  I notice him every episode.  Yummy.

I had to look up "sket" because I'd never heard it before.  According to Urban Dictionary, basically a whore with no concerns for morals.  Well.

I noticed how quickly Ashley threw Tom under the bus.  She didn't confess to distracting him, she didn't say when she got up and went to check in on him, the wind wasn't blowing, anchor wasn't dragging.  Nope.  She told Daisy that Tom wasn't her boyfriend and she wasn't responsible.  Even if Tom were her boyfriend, she's not responsible for his actions but that just proved what a shitty human being Ashley is.

I think the truest statement Ashley made all night was that she didn't have female friends.  No kidding.  First of all, I have a feeling that Ashley sees all other females as competition.  Secondly, she strikes me as someone who would sleep with your man in a second (or try to) and think nothing of it.  

Tom's behavior was terrible -- but so was Ashley's.  I think immaturity and alcohol plays a very large part of it for Tom.  He needs to stop drinking.  Actually, the majority of this crew needs to stop drinking.  

While I may have thrown up in my mouth a little bit from Gabriela making out with Gary, I also had to thoroughly enjoy how much it pissed off Ashley.  Ha ha.  

Daisy is quickly becoming one of the worst chief stews we've seen.  She needs to have a discussion with Gabriela and Ashley - and NOT when they are drinking - and tell them that she doesn't care whether they like each other or not but they will respect one another and Ashley will give Gabriela the respect she deserves as second stew . . . or their jobs are on the line.  Gabriela isn't wrong that Ashley should not be playing run-tell-dat to Daisy.  Of course Daisy also needs to stop that.  But she won't - the same way she (and others) won't tell Ashley to her face that what she did to Tom was pretty bad.  

I guess Ashley needs to be hit with a 2x4 to understand that Gary isn't likely to hit it.  She is persistent.  Embarrassing but persistent.  

I fear that Tom is not long for the boat.  Between his friend's dad's illness and Ashley, his head is not in the game.  Too bad that Kelsie isn't his supervisor.  She has noticed it and has given him some encouraging, but firm, pep talks.  

• Love 6
On 3/29/2022 at 5:41 AM, Lamima said:

Maybe in person he exudes BDE (in the spoiler for those who don't know) which a lot of women find attractive apparently, it used to be called animal magnetism for the oldies among us.

Spoiler

BDE = Big Dick Energy

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

...tell them that she doesn't care whether they like each other or not but they will respect one another and Ashley will give Gabriela the respect she deserves as second stew . . . or their jobs are on the line

They aren't though.  I doubt even Glenn can actually fire people.  Look at all the "your ass is gone" speeches Lee gives, yet people rarely leave.

Plus Ashley and Gabriela are out there getting wasted and making bad decisions - they need to keep up the good work.  I'm finally entertained by this show again.

• Love 3
On 3/30/2022 at 11:53 PM, AryasMum said:

I believe anyone appearing on a tv show or in a movie, with a speaking part, must be a member of SAG. I could be wrong.

On 3/30/2022 at 11:53 PM, AryasMum said:

I don't think they can. The latest I could find was an article from 2020 explaining that they're independent contractors. SAG members must be employees.

• Love 2
On 3/30/2022 at 8:25 PM, Tanukisan said:

You can run, but you can’t hide, from comments in order of episode broadcast….

So after all the kerfuffle and mishegoss of the “run aground” incident, it turns out – not so much.  Yeah, the anchor dragged, and yeah, they hit some sand, but at the end of the day – nothing really but drama for the camera.

Tom quote:  “I will not take responsibility.”  Yeah, mate, that’s your problem – and you’re a dick.

Glenn is way too nice a Captain.  I suspect he’d invite the iceberg on board the Titanic.  Fire Tom.

Daisy’s explanation to Gabriella regarding duties and chain of command – what the bloody hell?  Daisy you are a lousy and ineffectual boss. 

Tom, you are a petulant little boy who’s way too young to be at sea much less in any sort of relationship.  Your clingy jealousy does you less credit than someone who is on watch and lets the anchor get dragged… oh, wait, that’s you!  Even your mother recognizes you’re a drunken monster!

Will Tom achieve redemption?  Will Ashley and Gabriela come to terms?  Will Kelsie get any decent screen time?  Will the new guests get fed?  Stay tuned….

Is this the first time Glen has put a firing on the table?

He can't avoid it, Bravo must have thought "won't play along with the fire the crew member game, well we will just cast someone horrible."

• Love 1
On 4/1/2022 at 1:43 PM, Passing Strange said:

I don't think they can. The latest I could find was an article from 2020 explaining that they're independent contractors. SAG members must be employees.

The original point of reality TV was to avoid the bureaucracy and expense of typical television production, including unions and scriptwriters. There was a lot of discussion in the media around the time that Survivor launched, with actors, scriptwriters, etc. protesting that reality TV's independent contractors, and reality TV in general, would steal work away from the traditional TV model. These folks are not members of SAG and are not afforded employee protections.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/29/2022 at 8:31 AM, iMonrey said:

I want to say that Tom is just immature, but as an employer myself, I recognize the type. It's more than that. Whenever someone tries to instruct him they get an argument from him. Even if it's the simplest of things, like pulling up the fenders. If Gary says "no do it this way" he gets an argument. I'm not sure what that's about but it's a bad employee. That type of person just isn't prepared to work in the real world. 

Oh, it's definitely more than immaturity. He cannot take responsibility for anything. He makes a mistake, and then, when someone points out his mistake, he immediately huffs about it (albeit usually under his breath) and somehow makes it their fault ("why did you wait until after I've done it to tell me...?"). His reaction to Ashley's (admittedly callous) behavior was frightening - the way he stalked her around the boat, wouldn't take no for an answer, called her a derogatory name. I mean, even his initial reaction to her not wanting to date a younger guy - dude, that is her prerogative - leave her alone, she doesn't owe you anything and it's not her problem if her taste in guys deflates your ego. I get that Tom has a softer side to him, he clearly cares a lot about people, he clearly wants to do a good job, and it's at least a good sign that he feels remorse for his behavior. But he has real unchecked rage - he's young still, it's only going to get worse as he gets older if he doesn't deal with it. 

• Love 6
On 3/29/2022 at 8:00 AM, snarts said:

THANK YOUUUU! Jeeze! Like pulling teeth trying to get anyone to notice Marcos! And he's so cool & nonchalant.  

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

THANK YOUUUU! Jeeze! Like pulling teeth trying to get anyone to notice Marcos! And he's so cool & nonchalant.  

He was apparently sleeping with a producer or a behind the scenes crew member.