Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E04: Bliss, Brunches, and Brawls...Oh My!

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm not convinced Steve's apparent joblessness is the issue everyone is making it out to be. I agree that he needs to have some sort of plan for the future and some financial stability, but I don't think taking a break from the rat race is a huge red flag. 

I agree. He had an opportunity to make the most out of being laid off. He is a sales engineer who will easily find a job.

The producers are trying make a big deal about it when it isn't a big deal.

• Love 9

Yeah, the thing is Chris can get his teeth fixed, but I doubt there’s a cure for everything that’s wrong with Alyssa. I’ll just add, I came from a generation where you had to have some pretty janky teeth to get braces, so his teeth don’t look that bad to me. 

• Love 6

I wish Alyssa had a warrant. 😂😂 She should've been removed from the experiment for her ridiculousness. She's giving me Haley vibes. & like Jacob, Chris is over thinking it, yet is correct in his assumption, but pushing in the wrong way. He's saying things to the camera he should be saying to her. He shouldn't have stated his assumptions because she got defensive & played victim. He should've asked her how she tried, how making up issues is helping the marriage, what she envisioned, did she like everything about guys she dated, etc. I really don't know what the right approach would be with Alyssa. Maybe just ignore her & her BS or have her explain herself. She's made all this stuff up in her mind about how different they want to live their lives & ish. It's all BS excuses! She's making up whatever she can. The sad thing is, if she really just wanted to sleep alone, she could've requested it, RESPECTFULLY, & it probably would've been fine. But she's pulling dramatics & pushing him away, so she really wants him to end it for her. She doesn't want it to work so she's making up whatever she can to confirm that it won't. Nobody is getting through to her, maybe the "experts" should call her out. She's the absolute WORST!!! & he still doesn't care enough to follow-up & understand! He said he didn't think he disrespected her. ASK HER WHAT YOU SAID TO DISRESPECT HER!!!! SIMPLE!!! She's not gaslighting because she said that. She actually feels disrespected because she's looking for issues. Apparently the truth is disrespectful. 😂 He just cares about his perspective. They're not gunna get anywhere. I'm over them.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

She saw him, thought he was ugly, and was out - and it would have been much kinder if she’d gotten to the altar and said “I’m sorry, but no” and not gone through with the wedding. (I wonder if that’s ever happened?)

The Brits have done it many, many times.  As a matter of fact, the crew place bets on who they think is going to be "a runner."  The irony is that us Yanks are considered "rude" and yet, we are too polite to pull such a stunt.  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

The Brits have done it many, many times.  As a matter of fact, the crew place bets on who they think is going to be "a runner."  The irony is that us Yanks are considered "rude" and yet, we are too polite to pull such a stunt.  

I didn’t even know there was a British version of this show.

• Love 3

There's nothing to figure out

LOL, even O figured out the ACE BS during the afterparty! 

Alyssa couldn't be more straightforward--she said from the jump if her husband had janky teeth she was out at the altar. Then she didn't follow through--no surprise. Alyssa very clearly is trying to keep her highly undesirable personality off camera (private CONFIDENTIAL chat with Chris, walking off the Afterparty set when Keisha pushed for the truth). How's that working for you, ACE? You checking Twitter? Forums? Because, yikes.

I'd almost feel sorry for you, if you weren't such a gaslighting fool. Never watched this show, eh? Really thinking there was going to be a rich model-looking groom at that altar? From these experts/producers? LOLOLOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, PupCal said:

I mean a dude raising his voice, posturing like he's gonna fight me, and getting in my face when I barely know him would also trigger me a little so I'm not sure we should just immediately dismiss Lindsey as a "Major Karen".

Yup. Totally unprovoked. He randomly did that out of the blue. 😂😂 He reacted inappropriately to her inappropriate instigation. She probably would've made herself the victim with any pushback. She wouldn't have been scared of him if she would've been scared of the consequences of what she said to him. Her own father told her to think twice before speaking. It's about time she got her privilege checked. 😂😂

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Cancun said:

I’ve never worn false eyelashes of any kind, but is it common that they cause the rapid, double blinking Alyssa does? I can’t stop watching when she does that, which is a lot - at the alter, when “talking” with Chris, on Afterparty, in her talking heads. I realize it’s probably a nervous/anxiety response in addition to maybe the weight of the falsies, but wow it’s an unattractive distraction.

False eyelashes can cause someone's eyes to dry out making them blink more.  It's a reaction to the adhesive in many cases.  Makeup can cause the same reaction.  There are some brands of eyeliner I have to avoid for that reason.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Alyssa was so FAKE with Chris's family! Then felt "betrayed" because Chris was honest with her family. SHADY AZZ! She's like Atl Chris, tryna hide her shenanigans! She knows she's wrong, that's why she wants to hide what she did. Too bad it's on TV for EVERYONE to see. 😅😂 Like. NOW their conversation is confidential?!!! NOW she has something he should've told her family? She should've thought about that BEFORE making up issues to avoid sleeping with him & letting him twist in the wind. She should've told him what to say during their off-camera chat. 😂 HOW has she been respectful to him?!!! She's so FOS!!! I need Michaela to freak out on her. 😂😂

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

A lot of posters are writing that Steve will get a job with no problem, etc., etc.  I don't know how true that is.  We only have his word for it that he was laid off due to Covid, and we also don't know how good he was at his job (or exactly what his job was).  The way his father brought up his jobless state and that he was a vagabond may indicate that this is not an unusual state for Steve.  Now, I think he's a nice guy and will probably find a job, but I also think there's the possibility that he may like his unemployed state a little too much (didn't Lillian and Tom [?] have this same issue as well as others during the run of the show?).

Chris should just walk away from Alyssa, but he's probably trying too hard to be nice and understanding (and the producers may be encouraging him to see if she'll change).  At least it's not a Katie/Luke, Chris/Paige situation (yet).

I couldn't believe how Olaj dressed for brunch with Katina's family.  Tank top, backwards hat-what, is he is junior high?  

I hit the "do not record" option for last night's After Party and wow am I sorry now after reading about what happened (note to self: never delete the After Party again!).

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Lindz said:

Alyssa was so FAKE with Chris's family! Then felt "betrayed" because Chris was honest with her family. SHADY AZZ! She's like Atl Chris, tryna hide her shenanigans! She knows she's wrong, that's why she wants to hide what she did. Too bad it's on TV for EVERYONE to see. 😅😂 Like. NOW their conversation is confidential?!!! She should've thought about that BEFORE making up issues to avoid sleeping with him & letting him twist in the wind. HOW has she been respectful to him?!!! She's so FOS!!! I need Michaela to freak out on her. 😂😂

Alyssa is acting like it's Chris' fault that he's not what she wanted in a man.  She needs to stop treating him like crap and instead direct her beef with the show and the experts.  She's taking it out on the wrong person.  The fact that she would attempt to villainize him when he obviously did nothing to deserve it shows just how little self knowledge and character  she has.  She's a horrible person.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
5 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Now, I think he's a nice guy and will probably find a job, but I also think there's the possibility that he may like his unemployed state a little too much (didn't Lillian and Tom [?] have this same issue as well as others during the run of the show?).

Tom's lifestyle was established and intentional. I can't remember what he did for a living but whatever it was, he only worked as much as he had to, by design, and lived in a bus intentionally, by design. Lillian was a much better sport about it than I would have been (I'd have been like "A bus with no air conditioning in Miami? Nah, good luck") and didn't seem to mind his situation at the time, but they ultimately split up because they wanted fundamentally different lives. I think Lillian hadn't grown up with much and aspired to if not wealth, then a certain level of comfort, and Tom wanted to work as little as he could and live in the bus and go surfing. Neither is wrong, but they were wrong for each other. Incompatible.

The only other unemployed guy I can think of is ... I forget his name but he was on the other Boston season, was married to Molly, and ended up dating the blonde therapist (Dr. Viviana replaced her). His employer fired him for doing the show. He remained unemployed for the duration of the show (which isn't that long to be unemployed), and found a job after.

I've heard of people quitting their jobs when they are cast on reality shows because filming basically demands it - if you go on something that films for months, many US employers aren't going to enable you to do that. But this one, they've made it clear that they all work their regular jobs while filming and do the show stuff nights/weekends. I assume the honeymoons are only a week and most people can scrape together enough PTO for that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

She's made all this stuff up in her mind about how different they want to live their lives & ish. It's all BS excuses! She making up whatever she can. The sad thing is, if she really just wanted to sleep alone, she could've requested it, RESPECTFULLY, & it probably would've been fine. But she's pulling dramatics & pushing him away, so she really wants him to end it for her. She doesn't want it to work so she's making up whatever she can to confirm that it won't. She's the absolute WORST!!! & he still doesn't care enough to follow-up & understand! He said he didn't think he disrespected her. ASK HER WHAT YOU SAID TO DISRESPECT HER!!!! SIMPLE!!! She's not gaslighting because she said that. She actually feels disrespected because she's looking for issues. Apparently the truth is disrespectful. 😂 He just cares about his perspective. They're not gunna get anywhere. I'm over them.

What I want to know is how Alyssa is so sure that she and Chris are so different and want completely different things from life after a few hours and a few short conversations.  Does she really think everyone's going to believe that?  She acts like she was given a spreadsheet with all of his information and decided it wasn't for her.  She doesn't even know the basics about him yet, except for his appearance.  How she thinks the world is going to buy that her dissatisfaction is about anything BUT appearance is ridiculous.  She thinks she is so smart and can fool everyone but she's really stupid if she thinks we're going to buy that.  We're MUCH smarter than that.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9

Aw man. That Alyssa "lying" thing was a big, fat NOTHING burger!!! I thought it might be like Haley or something. But. No. It was Alyssa setting Chris up to make her a victim of the cold, hard truth. 😂 She picked a fight to be able to sleep alone. Add another "problem" to the list to validate why they shouldn't be married. Chris asked the wrong question. Of course she was gunna say she gave it a chance! Ask her HOW she gave it a chance!!! HOW is finding problems giving it a chance?!!! HOW is she being a nice person?!! WHY should he be nice to her?!! She's so FOS! I CAN'T EVEN!! Playing victim is just too far!! I'm glad Chris is calling her out. He should call her out more on all her BS. He's looking very desperate & should back off & be done with her nonsense.

Edited by Lindz
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Regarding our lovely experts. Who on this planet would think a 38 year old unemployed vagabond who never keeps a job for very long is a great candidate for marriage and children? Because he said so? 

The "never keeps a job for very long" is news to me.  I thought this was the first time he'd done this, and he was laid off due to the pandemic, and presumably enhanced unemployment benefits made the decision to take a trip instead of look for a job more attractive/feasible. 

3 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

What the hell was that argument between Michael and Jasmina? They had a conflict over whether there would be more conflict? Oh brother.......zzzzz

My impression is that they were talking about the Olajuwon and Lindsey beef, maybe, and Michael was saying there's bound to be conflict in any new situation, and Jasmina was questioning that--why is it assumed there will be conflict?  Can't people just get along?  That was their disagreement--whether conflict is inevitable in every situation.

I was confused by his statement but then mention was made (maybe in a TH?) that Michael always looks for the negative, and I guess they're tying his assumption of conflict to his negativity. 

I'm with Jasmina--why assume there will be conflict, especially in a situation where people are meeting new people?  And I'll go one better--if Lindsey's bothering you, ignore her.  If Olajuwon seems threatening, just think to yourself, "What an idiot; I'm glad I wasn't matched with him" and move along.

2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I was doing other stuff during the show - did they say Jasmina always had long distance boyfriends?

One of the brides said she'd always had long distance boyfriends, and I'm pretty sure it was Jasmina.  I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'm also pretty sure it wasn't any of the others.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Jasmina and Michael are so far really low key.  I don't even know what the whole "conflict" conversation was even about.

They had a conflict about conflict!!! RICH!!! 😂😂 She combined him thinking the worst in situations with him finding the Olaj/Lindsey conflict "normal." She started off wrong talking about strangers respecting each other's boundaries & agreed with Michael's point that strangers don't know each other's boundaries. She didn't agree there would be conflict learning boundaries. Maybe she has a problem with the word. 😅😂 I agree, conflict isn't guaranteed. Things can easily be resolved. She should've said Lindsey & Olaj should've communicated respectfully, Lindsey should know better than to tell people what language to speak. Maybe she was joking, but Olaj took it seriously. 🤔

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

The only things that might save him there are if he has savings he can coast on for a while (he likely made a high salary and since he was laid off he probably got severance) and if he’s considering consulting, which is common in the tech space. He could do project-based work where he works on a specific thing for three months, six months, etc. and then has breaks. Tech consulting is lucrative. It’s something they’d have to discuss because it would put the benefits burden on Noi, and would also require budgeting for the time he has between projects.

It kind of sounds like he doesn’t want a full-time tech job again, and I get it - those are demanding and there’s more to life than work. But he’s not saying he wants to work part-time or consult or whatever - he’s not saying much of anything about how he intends to earn money, and that won’t fly.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Steve has invested in crypto currency as well as tech companies and has a very good portfolio. I remember when Apple was only $75 a share when Steve Jobs died. A lotta people invested then and now it is more than double and that’s not even a company that you need to know tech to invest in.  

But if I were Steve, I wouldn’t tell anybody about my big ass portfolio and see if they like me without knowing that I’m worth a lot of money. Personally I suspect he has enough to start his own business as a consultant or even hire other people. Hope his wife just gets to know him and see what kind of relationship they can have. The type of job he had Suggests he’s not a flake at all and probably took advantage of every financial opportunity since he was in the area of tech that helps the company really make the money.  I bet he has been grinding to get to this great former job for a long time.  No evidence he doesn’t keep a job.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

They had a conflict about conflict!!! RICH!!! 😂😂 She combined him thinking the worst in situations with him finding the Olaj/Lindsey conflict "normal." She started off wrong talking about strangers respecting each other's boundaries & agreed with Michael's point that strangers don't know each other's boundaries. She didn't agree there would be conflict learning boundaries. Maybe she has a problem with the word. 😅😂 I agree, conflict isn't guaranteed. Things can easily be resolved. She should've said Lindsey & Olaj should've communicated respectfully, Lindsey should know better than to tell people what language to speak. Maybe she was joking, but Olaj took it seriously. 🤔

While the conflict between the other couples—and whether conflict is inevitable when people don’t know each other well—may have been the subject of their conversation, Jasmina was all on edge about it because Michael’s family told her that he always expects the worst outcome no matter what, so she was all in a tizzy about marrying a pessimist. So even while on the one hand she had to agree that it does take time to feel people out and understand their boundaries, triggers, and ways of communicating—she didn’t want to indulge in his pessimism, and was caught up in like Aha! Your mom told me you’d be like this, and here’s the beginning of a lifetime(?) of catastrophic thinking!

Edited by JenE4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

When Alyssa declared to Mark, "I feel gypped. You feel gypped."---he should have replied,

"Wait a second. What have I done? YOU left ME alone in the hallway after our wedding. YOU asked to sleep apart. YOU are choosing to put the statements of others before me. YOU won't sit near me. Now, again, WHAT HAVE I DONE OR SAID TO MAKE YOU FEEL 'GYPPED'?" 

If only he knew it was his teeth that turned her off. He could have said, "Yeah, you got stuck with a guy with bad teeth and I got a girl with no chin 😒"

• LOL 10

if he’s considering consulting, which is common in the tech space.

I think he is currently consulting independently. He could continue to do that and perhaps earn a good living.

I’m not a psychiatrist, but surely there’s some type of diagnosable personality disorder at play here, right?

I'm not a psychiatrist either but I don't see anything diagnosable in Lindsey. I think she is just garden-variety annoying.

I'm just saying she doesn't find him physically attractive. That's her right. She doesn't want anything to do with him and it's not because they don't have the same interests or the same values. She doesn't like his teeth, his physique, his face, his voice. I could go on and on. Because of the show's premise we'll be subjected to them going back and forth for the next eight weeks as they try to figure it out. There's nothing to figure out.

I think everyone has figured that out - Olaj said it straight up in Afterparty. To me the problem is 1) the whole point of this show is that the show is matching you on something deeper than physical attraction. Honestly I think the experts really need to say to each participant, "we might match you with someone you don't initially find physically attractive. How will you deal with that?" and 2) ACE won't just say "I'm not attracted to him and I don't want to hang around and see if that develops." Instead she babbles on (constantly in passive voice which is my pet peeve) about them "not vibing" and "not having anything in common" instead of just being honest. And she is a bitch about it. She is offended at the suggestion that she might be attracted to Chris or that the experts even thought to match her with him. 

As soon as it was revealed she rescues dogs I was ready to make her my favorite.

Me too. And she has a pittie. Even that doesn't redeem her for me.

We only have his word for it that he was laid off due to Covid, and we also don't know how good he was at his job (or exactly what his job was). 

He said he was in IT Sales. I read that as him having some tech background and some sales background. He could either work for an IT company with an existing product (for example, SalesForce) and his job is to sell that software to various companies OR he works for a IT company and sells their services, which could include building websites, databases and other applications, and maintaining systems. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Lindz said:

They had a conflict about conflict!!! RICH!!! 😂😂

How meta!

With regard to Chris, I get the feeling that he knows the marriage is a bust, but he needs to seem reasonable and accommodating because he is mindful of his real estate business. His upscale clients don’t want to work with someone who seems to get rattled or appears to be short-tempered. I think he’ll put up with Alyssa as long as he has to.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

How meta!

With regard to Chris, I get the feeling that he knows the marriage is a bust, but he needs to seem reasonable and accommodating because he is mindful of his real estate business. His upscale clients don’t want to work with someone who seems to get rattled or appears to be short-tempered. I think he’ll put up with Alyssa as long as he has to.

Possible. Also possible is that he's a decent guy and figures even if the marriage isn't going to work out, he doesn't have to be a total asshole about it.

We really need bingo cards for this show. We have five squares right there!

Ooh - yes. Also 1) someone mentions being "triggered" by something; 2) someone mentions an ex; 3) someone is "vulnerable;" 4) someone says "I married a stranger because..." 5) friends or family ask inappropriate questions about a couple's sex life; 6) someone gets drunk; 7) Pastor Cal says "grow in love;"

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I think he is currently consulting independently. He could continue to do that and perhaps earn a good living.

I was watching a YouTube recap of the show and one of them said that Steve said he freelances. I missed that he said that. Again, if that's his long-term plan, he would still need to be discussed with Noi because freelance life can sometimes be feast or famine and that requires budgeting, but if he's a freelance tech consultant he could do very well. I've consulted (not tech) and the variety, flexibility, and freedom are nice. Freelancing is running a business of one, and Steve may well be a successful small business owner.

20 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

His upscale clients don’t want to work with someone who seems to get rattled or appears to be short-tempered.

Chris said as much leading up to the wedding, that he planned to do his best to make his wife feel calm and he was used to that because he's done deals worth millions. If you freak out, your clients are going to freak out, which is a mess - like, how would it look if he said to his client "Holy shit, you're about to buy a $2M building, that's crazy!" He's come across as very measured in his dealings with Alyssa. He's called her out but he's never raised his voice (she has) or stormed out in a huff (she has), and when calling her out, he's been articulate (in general, I think he's articulate - remember, Alyssa loved the letter he wrote her before the wedding), and she's gotten flustered.

28 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

While the conflict between the other couples—and whether conflict is inevitable when people don’t know each other well—may have been the subject of their conversation, Jasmina was all on edge about it because Michael’s family told her that he always expects the worst outcome no matter what, so she was all in a tizzy about marrying a pessimist. So even while on the one hand she had to agree that it does take time to feel people out and understand their boundaries, triggers, and ways of communicating—she didn’t want to indulge in his pessimism, and was caught up in like Aha! Your mom told me you’d be like this, and here’s the beginning of a lifetime(?) of catastrophic thinking!

I wonder if all the loss Michael has faced is at the root of his pessimism. He lost both his parents and one of his siblings before he was old enough to drink - it is totally logical to me that he'd think that stuff doesn't work out in the face of that.

23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

And she is a bitch about it.

I can't get over that Alyssa left Chris in the airport. That's just bad manners. I've traveled for business with coworkers I didn't even like, and we all still waited until everybody had all their stuff and left the airport together.

14 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

4) someone says "I married a stranger because

If we made this a drinking game we'd be passed out 20 minutes in.

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12

Alyssa is just horrible. I wish the experts would talk to her and tell her they didn’t promise her a tall handsome cowboy who rescues dogs on the side in Boston. And she talks about disc golf like it’s mugging people or something. My son and his friends play disc golf and enjoy it. She has no ideas about his goals and values because she hasn’t spent two minutes with him. Lindsey is another awful one and Mark won’t want to deal with that all the time or consider having a family with someone so unstable. I really wonder what the experts see in some of these people.

• Love 12

This is my first season watching, and I could not believe they sent them on a  group honeymoon. Ugh!
I thought it was all about couples getting to know each other.  Not about getting to know eight other random strangers.   
I was hoping maybe it's just to facilitate filming during a pandemic.  But I'm guessing it's producer-driven drama-generating  shit stirring.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, kirklandia said:

This is my first season watching, and I could not believe they sent them on a  group honeymoon. Ugh!
I thought it was all about couples getting to know each other.  Not about getting to know eight other random strangers.   
I was hoping maybe it's just to facilitate filming during a pandemic.  But I'm guessing it's producer-driven drama-generating  shit stirring.

I think they have always sent the couples to the same place at the same time for the honeymoon. It's easier (and probably cheaper) if everyone goes to the same place. They seem to have a lot of time alone as well as some couple activities though I anticipate that many of the couples will opt out of group outings on this honeymoon since they don't appear to like each other much.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, kirklandia said:

In the early seasons, there was no group honeymoon, everyone went on their own individual one (which I much preferred). In recent seasons, they bumped the number of couples up from three, to four, to now five, send them on group honeymoons, and have them all live in the same apartment building. I'm sure it's to save money and to amp up the drama. It leads to a lot of extraneous story lines, but it does also provide some peer support to the other newlyweds (and they don't seem to get much support from the experts, so...).

• Love 8
On 1/26/2022 at 8:39 PM, Vanderboom said:

On a show that continually refuses to acknowledge Red Flags, it's . . . quite the contrast that Alyssa flees at the threat of occasional condescension and Frisbee golf. I wonder if she heard something that was edited out? Because if it's just that she doesn't find Chris attractive, then why not go with the usual "not my type" excuse? Alyssa certainly doesn't care about hurting Chris's feelings, so why not be straightforward?

When you’re attracted to somebody , you’ll make excuses for their bad qualities . When you’re not attracted to somebody , you’ll find things wrong with their good qualities . Alyssa was not right for this experiment but she is good for the show . That’s all the producers care about . 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Airy2021 said:

Does Alyssa own a mirror??? She seems to be judging Chris wholly on his appearance yet she’s one of the most off putting women I’ve ever seen. She has no chin and Turkey gobbler neck, a bad nose job, ridiculous fake lips, and eye lashes that look like they weigh 10 pounds each. My friend said she looked like a chihuahua and now that’s all I see when I view her on tv. 

Wow! Your friend absolutely nailed it. 

image.png.b2a7c74bdfc8abdf9d0c9a247c306196.png

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I found interesting that MTS asked Olajuwon if he wanted an apology from Lindsey.   That pretty much confirmed for me that Lindsey was the aggressor in the fight.

Alyssa was upset that Chris called her a liar, but expected him to lie to her family and the show about what they talked about…lol.    The marriage and their story belongs to both of them.  Each of them signed a contract with the show to share their experience.     She can violate her contract if she wants but it’s unfair to expect Chris to violate his because of her feelings.   

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Did you know that Steve is a "Free Spirit"? (eyeroll)

Yeah, he does act like a trip down the East coast in the US makes him the next Magellan  or Columbus.  It’s not like he backpacked through Northern Korea.  He drove down the coast and probably stayed at some Motel 6’s or slept in his car.  I like him but he is making this trip a way bigger deal than it is. 

Also, Alyssa with her “he is just yes’s me to death”.  No, he’s trying to appease you.  You are supposedly such a  fun, active person.  So he mistakenly thought you might want to have some adventures in PR.  But no, all you like to do is lay on the beach.  So he says he’ll do that with you and you somehow find fault with that.  She is insufferable! 

I also don’t think she is just “unattracted” to him.  I think she is actually repulsed by him.  Like the thought of him even holding her hand makes her want to vomit.  And she is mortified that the experts thought he was in the same league as she is.  She feels completely humiliated by this whole process. 

Edited by Katie111
  • Love 12
14 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I couldn't believe how Olaj dressed for brunch with Katina's family.  Tank top, backwards hat-what, is he is junior high?  

Yeah, her brother was not impressed. I thought he looked ridiculous, I'm already forming a strong dislike for Olaj. He like Lindsay look like they would be exhausting to be around.

Edited by Mr. Miner
21 hours ago, Retired at last said:

I don't know why the show is giving Alyssa a free vacation. She is

To torture us .. what else?  She will keep us coming back to see how far she will go with her obnoxious behavior.  She’s like a train wreck.  You see it coming, but can’t look away.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
On 1/26/2022 at 8:45 PM, Straycat80 said:

Noi’s brother is really loving his camera time isn’t he? 
Some of these friend and family members are causing more harm than good. 

Yeah, every season there seems to be someone who has a terrible friend. Last season was Bao, another season was Mindy's "friend." Now it's Chris' friends. I'm just confused why these people allow themselves to have such terrible friends. Bao and Mindy's friends were trying to get with their spouses, and Chris' friends are calling him condescending, which is not a nice term. 

That being said, I actually really hate Alyssa. Way to rob someone of not just an experience, but of possibly being matched with a good person. To not even give someone a chance and make a decision based on being shallow before you even get to know them is really horrible to do to a person, and I hope she ends up as a single cat lady for the rest of her life while Chris meets a good woman!

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 1/26/2022 at 9:10 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Wow, Steve lost me with the “if and when I want to commit to a full time job” and the vagabond comment certainly got my side eye going. I had the same look that Noi had on her face when he said that. 

Right. Like I don't want a full-time job either Steve, but it's called being an adult and that's pretty non-negotiable in real-life. He was probably hoping to sign up for this show and become instagram famous so he wouldn't have to get a real job. Hope couples cam pays well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Alyssa is joyless.

Always makes me wonder how women like this even have friends at all.

Her character is making her physically uglier by the minute.  Just look at all the posts here pointing out any unfortunate physical features she has.  Very few are doing the same to Chris, who is objectively less attractive physically, but is showing through his character to be such a better person, that he's gaining in the physical attractiveness department.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, Lindz said:

I wish Alyssa had a warrant. 😂😂 She should've been removed from the experiment for her ridiculousness. She's giving me Haley vibes. & like Jacob, Chris is over thinking it, yet is correct in his assumption, but pushing in the wrong way. 

Alyssa has season 3 Atlanta, Ashley vibes. She is treating Chris the same as Ashley treated David.

There will never be a drunken one night together for Alyssa and Chris.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, KateHearts said:
On 1/27/2022 at 5:56 AM, kristen111 said:

She’s rude, and walks away when she hears something she doesn’t like.

I just watched the "afterparty" and - surprise! - when confronted, Alyssa dabbed her eyes and walked off the set. I love the new (NOT Jamie O) host- she drilled right down and said, "hey, if you want things kept secret and don't want to be honest, why are you on the show?" ACE couldn't handle that and stomped off.

Absolutely! Such a punk! I wish Olaj would've said what he said in front of her. I wish Keshia would've asked Alyssa WHY she's projecting her past relationship onto her new marriage to sabotage it mere HOURS into the marriage. Ask her how intentional her sabotage was. Ask her if she wanted a divorce. She's such a politician, she answers NOTHING directly. She was asked if she was attracted to him, she answered he wasn't her type. Chris said he was paired with someone with zero interest in trying & she responded she didn't know what was going to happen that week. He should've asked how she will try at the marriage, his statements are pretty useless. I wish someone would just tell her they see right through her & know what she's doing, will she just admit it to end the game?!!! 😅😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

“ACE”   As in “ the best, she thinks.  “ How do you like my boots”.  She thinks she’s so everything.   Alyssa and Lindsey are both big problems.  Chris has to dump her, and Mark will always have to fight for Lindsey.  It can never last.  In one episode, the show brought out the worst in all of them so far.  Katina is no one to mess with either.  By now, we know they match for drama, so there’s something to talk about.  That’s why Alyssa is still there.  Her stomping out every minute is so juvenile tho.  Plus, she’s no Elizabeth Taylor like she thinks.  Far from it.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Yeah, he does act like a trip down the East coast in the US makes him the next Magellan  or Columbus.  It’s not like he backpacked through Northern Korea.  He drove down the coast and probably stayed at some Motel 6’s or slept in his car.  I like him but he is making this trip a way bigger deal than it is. 

Also, Alyssa with her “he is just yes’s me to death”.  No, he’s trying to appease you.  You are supposedly such a  fun, active person.  So he mistakenly thought you might want to have some adventures in PR.  But no, all you like to do is lay on the beach.  So he says he’ll do that with you and you somehow find fault with that.  She is insufferable! 

I also don’t think she is just “unattracted” to him.  I think she is actually repulsed by him.  Like the thought of him even holding her hand makes her want to vomit.  And she is mortified that the experts thought he was in the same league as she is.  She feels completely humiliated by this whole process. 

I’m wondering how many boyfriends she’s had in the past.  Why did she come on tv to walk away every five minutes?  Who does she think she is?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Matty said:

If this were real life instead of a fake, scripted reality show Alyssa would never give Chris the time of day. I'm not in her camp or making excuses for her. I'm just saying she doesn't find him physically attractive. That's her right. She doesn't want anything to do with him and it's not because they don't have the same interests or the same values. She doesn't like his teeth, his physique, his face, his voice. I could go on and on.

We all know this. She should just tell him instead of repeating her BS LIES!! She just doesn't want to look bad for being so superficial TO HIS FACE, which makes her look worse. She'd still get dragged if she was honest because she's violating the spirit of the experiment, but then she'd be applauded for exiting the experiment & not wasting any more time. 😂😂

• Love 7