Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

• Start Topic

I loved Chock and Bates. The Astronaut/Alien theme is unique and edgy and this is one of the few ice dance couples that nailed the costumes, music and choreography. It was a cohesive performance.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16

Me just now:  Did they win?  THEY WON!  Yaaaaaay!!!!!!!

Okay, Karen, it's on you.  STAND UP!  (No pressure, though).  <3

So nice to have a good moment in a tough evening!

Edited by SophiaD
  • Love 5
Just now, SophiaD said:

Okay, Karen, it's on you.  STAND UP!  (No pressure, though).  <3

Karen JUST has to beat the Chinese skater, and even if she doesn’t, so long as Russia holds onto first for ladies, it’s over. 

• Love 2

I am thrilled. I absolutely loved that--I can't believe how much I've come to enjoy this program. They really sell it, and create an atmosphere. 

I loved how you could hear the Americans scream when they hit their twizzles. 

So, so happy for Evan and Madi. What an amazing Olympic moment for them. Not to get ahead of ourselves, but if the team does win the silver, it'll be because of their amazing grace under pressure. They delivered under really stressful circumstances.

Obviously the Russians had some mistakes they'll try to clean up for the individual event but I think it's clear the Canadians aren't in the mix for the bronze to the extent it was predicted they might be. 

Edited by Jillibean
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Love that program from Chock and Bates. It's different, they had a specific theme, and they actually embodied it. Well done y'all.

6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I loved Chock and Bates. The Astronaut/Alien theme is unique and edgy and this is one of the few ice dance couples that nailed the costumes, music and choreography. It was a cohesive performance.

I thought their routine was super cool! An astronaut and an alien--I love it! So proud they delivered!

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Karen JUST has to beat the Chinese skater, and even if she doesn’t, so long as Russia holds onto first for ladies, it’s over. 

Thanks for the reminder, @absnow54.  Hopefully, that takes some of the pressure off of her and she can enjoy herself.

I am just so delighted for Chock and Bates!  It's nice seeing the Americans continuing to excel in Ice Dance.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's rare to max out on an element.

They did on the final element.  It was just making me angry.  I love that program and I loved it even more tonight.  Maddie really lived it.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, specialj67 said:

I’m just not digging Piper and Paul’s FD this season. It’s schmaltzy and boring (to me), whereas their Vincent and Both Sides Now programs were schmaltzy but also interesting (to me).

I like her costume and it's a beautiful shade of blue. I'll say that...

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Ok I like Chock and Bates but she isn;t a strong of a skater as him and it's kind of obvious.

He's incredible.  He's like a ballet dancer on ice.  From what I understand, Madison's greatest strength is her detailed movement with her arms and torso.  They compliment each other so well.  I hope that they continue this momentum in the rest of the competition.

Edited by nittany cougar
  • Love 11

This poor girl looks so petrified.  I wish she wasn't making her debut on home ice at a home Olympics.  She has a lovely quality.

ETA:  I would love to give her a hug and take her out for tea.

Edited by SophiaD
  • Love 6
Just now, SophiaD said:

This poor girl looks so petrified.  I wish she wasn't making her debut on home ice at a home Olympics.  She has a lovely quality.

She really does. I wish the media wouldn't rip her apart. Does she still live in LA cause I think we can organize a support group for her.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, SophiaD said:

ETA:  I would love to give her a hug and take her out for tea.

Me too.  I also want to start a go-fund-me to help pay for her therapy bills/and or a ticket out of Bejing, because I am sure she's devastated from all the criticism she has been getting.

Edited by KittenPokerCheater
  • Love 4