Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Bean Town Wedding Throw Down

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

And Chris does need some help with his teeth in general. As my two front teeth are crooked, I notice this in others; Chris's look chipped off in the middle. Whitening wouldn't be a bad idea, either. 

I agree.  Being in real estate he should be more concerned with how his teeth look.  He does have some crookedness going on with his upper teeth and needs whitening.  Appearance matters in sales.

2 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Chris looks nice and Alyssa isn't as hot as she seems to think she is.

Alyssa reminds me of a less good looking Stacy London.

She is looking for a way out with Chris, making more of his comment and what his groomsmen said about him than she should.  She is shallow and too focused on appearance, but she doesn't want to admit that is the real cause of her dissatisfaction.  But that's why they matched her with him, I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

Did Chris' groomsmen actually meet Chris?  Because I don't get the impression he's a condescending jerk.  He seems very kind, thoughtful and gentle.  Alyssa on the other hand . . .  she's way too much into superficial things and all about looks.  Massive fail on the part of the "experts," as that should have been a big old red flag.  You know, like Lindsay seriously dating someone a year ago and Olajuan (I know that's misspelled, sorry) being a man-ho until COVID slowed him down.  

I have to admit I got teary when Michael's sisters gave Jasmina the breast cancer awareness pin and told her that their mother would now be watching over her.  I hope those two can make it.  Their bedtime cuddle gives me hope.  

I love Noi and Steve together.  They seem so perfect.  They were both so happy at their wedding and easygoing with each other - and very accepting of their new families.  I'm really rooting for them, along with Jasmina and Michael.  

Don't let me down, y'all.  

I like Mark the Shark.  He seems like a nice guy.  Sweet that Lindsay's father and brother welcomed him into the family.  I worry that Lindsay is going to exhaust him before the week is out.  She's just too much.  I hope she calms down now the wedding is over (and the open bar is closed) but I fear she likes the camera too much.  

Clearly Katina and O (can't spell it) are attracted to each other but I worry he's still very much a player.  That grinding at the wedding was trashy and unnecessary IMO.  Clearly Katina's mother thinks so too.  

Which couple will do the deed on the wedding night?  Any of them?  Has any MAFS couple that consummated the marriage on the wedding night survived?  

And just a note but if there hadn't been commercials every five damn minutes, this episode would have only been an hour long.  I guess MAFS wanted to stretch the weddings out as long as possible.  Bring on the honeymoons already!   

Spelled exactly how it's pronounced: O-la-ju-won.

Probably  named after the great NBA player:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakeem_Olajuwon

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 4

This is going to sound weird but there’s something about the lower part of Alyssa’s face that reminds me of quirky Henry from a couple of seasons ago. Something about her uptight demeanor also brought him to mind. The only difference was Henry was nice and Alyssa seems like a bitch. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't see anything wrong with Chris's teeth, I don't see any crooked or missing ones. 

Chris absolutely needs braces. His front teeth are way over-rotated. This is an easy fix. Alyssa's attitude and over-inflated ego...NOT an easy fix. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Can't stand listening to Katina.  That voice.

Her voice doesn't bother me. I think she sounds a little like myrla.

Noi's, however! Nasal baby-voice. Can't stand it. 

2 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

Are we losing Alyssa and Chris? She is already done. Oh never mind, the previews look ominous, but then again it could just be the editing monkeys at work. 

Hey, she wanted the honeymoon trip!

1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Spelled exactly how it's pronounced: O-la-ju-won.

Probably  named after the great NBA player:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakeem_Olajuwon

Katina's mom is now on my sh!tlist. She was rude about Olajuwon's name, "Who came up with that name?!" then she had the nerve to be bothered when he said Katrina.

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

I don't like all the What are your intentions with my daughter? Noi's brother was especially awkward during that line of questioning. He tried acting all tough and out of character, then changed it up with, well you're married so do whatever you want.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Katina's mom is now on my sh!tlist. She was rude about Olajuwon's name, "Who came up with that name?!" then she had the nerve to be bothered when he said Katrina.

I’m curious if that came before or after (in real time) the lap dance he performed on her daughter in front of her family. Wonder if he was still worried one of the women he did dirty was a guest?

Olajuwon’s a fuckboy crossed with a guy from the 20s. The 1920s! You’re my wife! I want my dinner on the table when I get home! Nice one, Pastor/Pepper/Princess/Producer. Run, Katina.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

He said in the elevator (paraphrasing here), that he was Alyssa’s side piece. She didn’t like that joke. 

She's looking for reasons to justify ending the marriage & it be his fault when really she didn't even give it a chance. We all see right through it. To do it that way, instead of owning up to not liking his looks & not being able to get past it is horrible. If she was attracted to him, she probably wouldn't make herself upset over something as silly as that. I can't stand people who make themselves upset over BS! It's so stupid! I would've had her support her BS. WHAT'S PROBLEMATIC ABOUT WHAT YOU'VE HEARD????

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I don't like all the What are your intentions with my daughter? Noi's brother was especially awkward during that line of questioning. He tried acting all tough and out of character, then changed it up with, well you're married so do whatever you want.

BTW, it was mentioned on the aftershow that Noi’s interest in wigs is because her brother is a drag queen named Sasha Siracha!  

• Useful 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, buttersister said:

Wait, did Chris say he was a lot like his groomsmen or did I hallucinate that?🚩

I prefer to think that whole episode was a hallucination 🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Alyssa reminds me of a less good looking Stacy London.

Stacy London, that's it!! I couldn't think of who I thought she resembled.

5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Her voice doesn't bother me. I think she sounds a little like myrla.

Noi's, however! Nasal baby-voice. Can't stand it. 

LOL neither of their voices bother me. But I'd much prefer nails on a chalkboard over Alyssa and that nasal valley-girl/vocal fry thing she has going on.

• Love 7

Just a little advice for anyone planning to apply/participate in this "experiment" in the future:

If you find your match attractive/pretty/handsome, (maybe) tell them once.  Not continuously and during every one of your talking head segments.  Also, DO NOT ask everyone in your match's circle, "What did he/she think of me?".  "Am I their type?"  If you start off doing these things, you've already placed  yourself at a disadvantage.

Show some self worth and confidence.

This could apply to the non MAFS world as well.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 19
7 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Chris absolutely needs braces. His front teeth are way over-rotated.

He does have bad teeth. I’d guess his mom couldn’t afford braces - I think he said he grew up without much, and braces are expensive. I have an acquaintance who grew up poor & couldn’t afford braces, and then when he was able to (first in his family to go to college, then law school, and now runs a firm - he hasn’t been poor for a long time), he got them as an adult. It’s not just cosmetic; bad teeth can lead to health problems. Also I’d think someone who sells high-end real estate would want to present a certain appearance.

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

But I'd much prefer nails on a chalkboard over Alyssa and that nasal valley-girl/vocal fry thing she has going on.

Her friends have it too. Very annoying.

Chris’s friends were like “he’s a bossy know-it-all who talks about boring shit.” Damn, friends! But Chris’s vows and the note he gave Alyssa were very nice. Alyssa’s vows were all about her (and the stuff her friends and family wanted Chris to know made it sound like they didn’t like her very much).

What does Michael do for a living that has him up at 4? He mentioned clients.

I feel Jasmina on emotionally unavailable men - I’ve done that before. I hope Michael is able to focus on her. I thought the moment with Michael’s sisters and the breast cancer pin was lovely.

Noi Moy? Nah, I’d be keeping my name. That was the most awkward slow dance I’ve ever seen - why don’t people know how to slow dance?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Chris looks nice and Alyssa isn't as hot as she seems to think she is.

He gets matched hoping to find love.  Then, he gets humiliated around family and friends on his wedding night.  Couldn’t she just have went along the marriage a few days so he didn’t look like a fool?  She has no heart.  Who did she think she would get?  A guy who looks like a model?  I know some people aren’t for each other, but to make the guy look like who knows what is inexcusable.  A nice person would have played the role for a few days.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Pastor Cal said that they put Alyssa and Chris together because Chris is reserve and Alyssa is the life of the party, so she will bring him out of his shell.  Clearly, he hasn't met Alyssa. 

Keeping my fingers crossed for Lindsey/Mark and Noi/Steve.  

Some life of the party, lol.  Looks like her girlfriends don’t even like her, as she’s probably a kill joy.  Everything is about her.

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Why was Alyssa wearing and showing off her cowboy boots.  Boston is cowboy country?  Maybe.  Oh .. she likes horses.

I know, I don't get the cowboy boots, we didn't even see that in the Texas MAFS.  They would be out of place here in CT horses or not and definitely out of place in MA.  We have horse farms all over around me, I've never seen cowboy boots.  Around here equestrian boots would be the thing.

17 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

So, now let’s talk about the five million commercials.  I could have cooked ten dinners and made a cake in between.

That's why I record these shows on my DVR.  Life's too short.  I give it 20-30 minutes and then start watching so I can FF through the commercials and by the end I've caught up to the show in real time.

• LOL 2
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

He said in the elevator (paraphrasing here), that he was Alyssa’s side piece. She didn’t like that joke. 

That wasn't on the show, was it?

Did he say it when she with him or did someone tell her?

• Useful 1
8 hours ago, buttersister said:

I’m curious if that came before or after (in real time) the lap dance he performed on her daughter in front of her family. Wonder if he was still worried one of the women he did dirty was a guest?

Olajuwon’s a fuckboy crossed with a guy from the 20s. The 1920s! You’re my wife! I want my dinner on the table when I get home! Nice one, Pastor/Pepper/Princess/Producer. Run, Katina.

The Big O has some maturing to do.

So! Instead of calling each by name or title, we can now refer to Pastor Cal, Dr. Pepper, "Princess" Viviana, and the producers as....

P4! 

Used in a sentence:  "P4 are idiots."  😄

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

He does have bad teeth. I’d guess his mom couldn’t afford braces - I think he said he grew up without much, and braces are expensive. I have an acquaintance who grew up poor & couldn’t afford braces, and then when he was able to (first in his family to go to college, then law school, and now runs a firm - he hasn’t been poor for a long time), he got them as an adult. It’s not just cosmetic; bad teeth can lead to health problems. Also I’d think someone who sells high-end real estate would want to present a certain appearance.

Chris’s friends were like “he’s a bossy know-it-all who talks about boring shit.” Damn, friends! But Chris’s vows and the note he gave Alyssa were very nice. Alyssa’s vows were all about her (and the stuff her friends and family wanted Chris to know made it sound like they didn’t like her very much).

I feel Jasmina on emotionally unavailable men - I’ve done that before. I hope Michael is able to focus on her. I thought the moment with Michael’s sisters and the breast cancer pin was lovely.

Noi Moy? Nah, I’d be keeping my name. That was the most awkward slow dance I’ve ever seen - why don’t people know how to slow dance?

Re: Chris's teeth.

As I posted above, I have crooked (overlapping too much) two front teeth. I also have crooked and jammed bottom front teeth. 

My dental hygienist tells me every single visit that she looks forward to me because my teeth (and gums) are so healthy that I'm an easy-peasy appointment. I'm 72.

My point: Crooked teeth are not synonymous  with "bad teeth [that] can lead to health problems." 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, Rightside said:

That wasn't on the show, was it?

Did he say it when she with him or did someone tell her?

It wasn’t shown but she said he said it when they were in the elevator together, so he said it in her presence. I can see how that could be off-putting if you don’t like sarcastic senses of humor, which he has. But I don’t think that’s the deal-breaking thing. To be blunt, I think she thinks he’s ugly and she’s too good for him. Every word she uttered was about her; I think she’s very self-absorbed and incredibly conscious of appearances (she said a couple times that she “didn’t want this on camera”), and Chris doesn’t fit the mold she’s imagined for herself.

And look: if she doesn’t like him, she doesn’t. I don’t think he’s that good-looking either (and I do like a straight white smile - I noticed Chris’s teeth right away because a smile is one of the aesthetic things I look at first). I don’t think the men this season as a whole are that attractive, to be honest (I would describe Mark as unattractive), particularly next to some of the women - I think Jasmina is gorgeous. It’s that Alyssa is an asshole about it. It’s the same as Zach & Mindy from the DC season - he’s allowed not to be attracted to her, but he treated her badly. That’s what I see in Alyssa.

• Love 12

In the preview for next week, on the balcony, she seems adamant about not even trying.  If I were him, I would not kiss harass, and just go home, if he can by contract.  Or, will we have to watch them destroying each other for the rest of the time.  The experts knew this from the beginning.  Drama.  There’s always one in the bunch every season.

• Love 3

It’s becoming clearer and clearer why Alyssa’s boyfriend came home and dumped her “ out of nowhere .” She has a terrible personality and everyone including her says she goes for asshole guys ( as if she’s a nice ,sweet girl .) the girl is such a boring downer . The photographer is asking you to twirl for a picture . Why is that an issue ? It seems she has a problem with everything . When a person starts the season off saying they don’t like to be affectionate or be touched , the marriage is doomed . Why not give the guy a chance ? If you don’t like him because you’ve gotten to know him then that’s one thing . But to reject someone you just met ( and married ) because of something their friend said is ridiculous . Why do people like Alyssa get married at first sight ?

• Like 1
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Katina’s hair is fake, right ???  

Yes. She wears too much, in my opinion. She’s beautiful but her hair is a little overpowering.

18 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

In the preview for next week, on the balcony, she seems adamant about not even trying.  If I were him, I would not kiss harass, and just go home, if he can by contract.  Or, will we have to watch them destroying each other for the rest of the time.  The experts knew this from the beginning.  Drama.  There’s always one in the bunch every season.

I’m fairly confident they can end the marriages early - it’s been done … three times now, I think, in the seasons I’ve seen. I think they just have to be available to film. That’s why they had Mindy having a divorce party with her friends, etc. Also since they integrate the casts now, they can show each person with the rest of the groups. I think the contract is about filming, not marriage. Seems legally dicey to force people to stay married, but I’m not a lawyer.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Why do people like Alyssa get married at first sight ?

Because they make good drama. She didn't want anyone other than a model with glowing white teeth and figured that if she couldn't land one herself, maybe the show could do it for her, because that is who she deserves, doncha know?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So after hearing the stories of strip clubs and going by 10 different names to fool all the women in Boston, I was ready for Olaj to start spitting some serious game that was going to make my eyes roll to the back of my head.

Imagine my surprise when he acted like a dorky 12 year who is talking to his crush for the first time. He even had lines like "look how strong how I am...I can lift you".

It was annoying but also kind of endearing.

I just hope he is still interested in his gorgeous wife once the lust wears off.

Also, I hope he learns about microwaves and air fryers (or just learns to cook simple meals) since he can not survive without his wife doing all the cooking.

Alyssa thinks her dude is a dud and wants to bail. I think she would have left him at the alter if she could.

I heard that in the Taylor and Brandon season, they were a last-minute replacement for a couple where both people said, "No" at the wedding. 

It is surprising that this does not happen more often on this show.

I did feel bad for Chris.

Noi and Steve are adorable together. They both seem like nice people. Both of them have siblings with crazy hair.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Chris's teeth are fixable, I doubt that Alyssa's personality is. 

Katina's voice is nails on chalkboard to me. 

I believe Michael is a personal trainer. His schedule sounds crazy. These two are going to be ships that pass in the night, I fear.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yes. She wears too much, in my opinion. She’s beautiful but her hair is a little overpowering.

I’m fairly confident they can end the marriages early - it’s been done … three times now, I think, in the seasons I’ve seen. I think they just have to be available to film. That’s why they had Mindy having a divorce party with her friends, etc. Also since they integrate the casts now, they can show each person with the rest of the groups. I think the contract is about filming, not marriage. Seems legally dicey to force people to stay married, but I’m not a lawyer.

Right.  Guess they are staying together for now.  In the preview, they are on the honeymoon in the water.

What does Chris actually do? His groomsmen made it sound like he was in some kind of professional coaching/teaching type thing. Alyssa said he looked like a realtor, but is that what he really does? There are lots of comments about him selling, but is that what he does or just responding to Alyssa's perceptions? And where does frisbee golf fit in - just a hobby? Imagine that - an activity that COULD be fun, so of course, that is beneath her. And, I must say, his groomsmen did him no favors and sure did present the worst things about him. I would be nervous, too, but would want to see for myself. I felt horrible for him, sitting in the hall on his wedding night.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Nothing.  She's going completely off what his groomsmen said about him and has decided he's unacceptable.  But we know it's really all about the fact that she's not attracted to him.  She's just looking for an excuse.  

ETA:  Guess he said something about being her side-piece in the elevator and she was disgusted.  She has a stick up her ass.  

I think Alyssa made her mind up as soon as she saw Chris at the altar.  She was very specific about what she hoped her groom would look like -- after crying over his thoughtful, lovely note.  (And unless they edited it out, Chris was the only groom who sent his bride anything before the wedding.)  

I understand that we all have a type or types.  And sure, you want to immediately be attracted to your MAFS spouse at first sight -- but when you sign up you should realize that in all likelihood, you aren't going to be matched with what you consider your type.  

Chris' groomsmen should have taken a page from Alyssa's bridesmaids, who surely know what a holy pain in the ass she is but were very courteous in talking about her to Chris.  

12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Pastor Cal said that they put Alyssa and Chris together because Chris is reserve and Alyssa is the life of the party, so she will bring him out of his shell.  Clearly, he hasn't met Alyssa. 

Ha!  Right.  Is Alyssa the life of the party like Molly was seasons back?  Yeah, I can believe that Lindsay is the life of the party but not Alyssa.  Look at how she was at the bachelorette party.  

And frankly, putting someone who is very outgoing and extroverted with someone who is reserved and introverted doesn't always work.  

2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

So, now let’s talk about the five million commercials.  I could have cooked ten dinners and made a cake in between.

Right?  I mentioned that in my first post.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who was annoyed.  I always wait at least half an hour to an hour before I start watching MAFS so I can fast-forward but I felt like all I was doing last night was fast-forwarding through commercials.  

MAFS either needs to just go ahead and start the honeymoons or make the episode an hour.  

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, qtpye said:

So after hearing the stories of strip clubs and going by 10 different names to fool all the women in Boston, I was ready for Olaj to start spitting some serious game that was going to make my eyes roll to the back of my head.

Imagine my surprise when he acted like a dorky 12 year who is talking to his crush for the first time. He even had lines like "look how strong how I am...I can lift you".

It was annoying but also kind of endearing.

I just hope he is still interested in his gorgeous wife once the lust wears off.

Also, I hope he learns about microwaves and air fryers (or just learns to cook simple meals) since he can not survive without his wife doing all the cooking.

Alyssa thinks her dude is a dud and wants to bail. I think she would have left him at the alter if she could.

I heard that in the Taylor and Brandon season, they were a last-minute replacement for a couple where both people said, "No" at the wedding. 

It is surprising that this does not happen more often on this show.

I did feel bad for Chris.

Noi and Steve are adorable together. They both seem like nice people. Both of them have siblings with crazy hair.

To go on this show I think you have to be prepared to be humiliated or made fun of.  Already, Chris looks like a jerk, and Alissa looks like a real Bitch.  Apparently, they don’t care.  Do they tell everyone they know it was all a farce?  I would be shocked if they wind up together.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, spunky said:

Alyssa does come across as superficial.  However his friends basically told her, he's a condescending jerk. I would have second thoughts too, if I were in her position.

I agree what the friends said was a potential red flag.  Although I wouldn't be surprised if the friends didn't also say a ton of positive things about Chris that the show didn't include.   I thought they were trying to warn he can come across condescending, but they've learned as his friends that it's not coming from bad place.

What I found interesting that before the wedding.  Alyssa loved the note Chris sent.  And thought his personality was kind and the note was exactly what she needed to hear from her husband at that time.  She also said she hoped her husband was tanned (check), dark haired (check), scruffy beard (check), with nice teeth/smile (☹️).   During her tantrum after the wedding with the producer, she claims he is nothing that she told the show she wanted.   Nope....not true.   I also didn't like that she alluded that she didn't feel safe to stay in the hotel with him based on the elevator comment he made about being her side-piece.  Very Karen-esque.

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 18
6 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

What does Chris actually do? His groomsmen made it sound like he was in some kind of professional coaching/teaching type thing. Alyssa said he looked like a realtor, but is that what he really does? There are lots of comments about him selling, but is that what he does or just responding to Alyssa's perceptions?

He is a real estate agent, and I think he sells high-end real estate. He mentioned Newbury Street, which is posh, and he also mentioned “multi-million-dollar deals.”

7 minutes ago, psychoticstate said:

And frankly, putting someone who is very outgoing and extroverted with someone who is reserved and introverted doesn't always work. 

It’s also often predicated on the idea that the introvert needs to be more outgoing, which is wrong. I’m an introvert; I’m happy to be one. It doesn’t mean I hate people or that I’m socially awkward and have no friends and never go out; it means (for me; there are different kinds of introversion) that I recharge by having alone time. That’s it! And I like that alone time. The experts often say that one person will bring the other person out of their shell without considering that the person may not want or need to be brought out of their shell.

9 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

To go on this show I think you have to be prepared to be humiliated or made fun of.

I disagree. I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect basic decency from people, on TV or off. I don’t expect to be humiliated and made fun of when I start seeing someone new, and if they treat me that way, I end it. That’s what I mean when I say that people can not be into you all day long, but there are ways not to be an asshole about it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

I just saw when Alissa was talking to her bridesmaids, she was saying what she needed.  A good looking guy with nice teeth, then said “is there a dentist in the room?”  That was before meeting him.  Btw, he could always have his two front teeth straightened out.  No biggie, especially if you have a good guy there.  It will be hard to find a decent guy.  At the Alter, she asks him “ did you see my shoes”?  Who gives a shit about her boots.  I hope she smells like horse from her pores, lol.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I just saw when Alissa was talking to her bridesmaids, she was saying what she needed.  A good looking guy with nice teeth, then said “is there a dentist in the room?”  That was before meeting him.  Btw, he could always have his two front teeth straightened out.  No biggie, especially if you have a good guy there.  It will be hard to find a decent guy.  At the Alter, she asks him “ did you see my shoes”?  Who gives a shit about her boots.  I hope she smells like horse from her pores, lol.

So true.  My ex was an incredibly handsome, good-looking man.  And he verbally and emotionally abused me.  Looks only go so far and a kind, decent, and funny person is much better.  

I understand not being overwhelmed with attraction at first sight, but Alyssa signed up for this show.  She should have at least acted like a human being with a functioning heart.  She should get to know Chris and give him a chance.  NOT leave him sitting on a bench in the hallway while you go behind closed doors with production to complain about him and something he reportedly said.  Evil heifer.    

• Love 20
Just now, kristen111 said:

What kind of friends do these people have?  They all tell what’s wrong with the bride or groom.  Wth?  Even in jest, that’s not right.

And certainly not when you're first meeting the person.

I have to wonder if it's producer shenanigans.  Like maybe they were told to say something positive and then something more critical and the positive discussions were edited out.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
Spoiler

MAFSFAN  posted in her Instagram stories a few days ago, that Chris purchased a house with his ex in November 2020. He broke up with her soon after and signed up for MAFS about 3 months later.

If this is true, it's a little suspicious.  Maybe this is what Alyssa was picking up on.

Welp, looks like Chris drew the short stick this season. Wow. If one off hand jokey comment sends her running, just save yourself the time and give up now. She was just looking for an excuse to bolt at that point in the evening. She is unpleasant in the extreme, and she's not exactly a beauty queen either. From where I sit, they are pretty evenly matched looks-wise. And in my experience, everyone I know that is that into animals and says things like "I prefer animals to people" tend to not be that great with humans (my daughter is one of these people). I realize this is a generalization, but it's been pretty true in my life, and if the shoe boot fits.........And this girl needs to realize his teeth can be fixed; her bitchy personality not so easily.

I think the admission that Olajawon has ADHD explains a lot about him. And Fuck MAFS for editing him like a joke. He might not realize he is talking so much. And fuck Katina's mom for making fun of him too. "Oh look, a rabbit." and running away when he looked. You are a grown ass woman acting like a jr. higher to your new son-in-law. I really hope he's a Woody and is putting his playboy ways behind him. He reads pretty immature to me, so we'll see. The dirty chones on night one were cringe....Olajawon - you are on tv! Get some clean undies please!!!!!

Production needs to stop telling the new in-laws to ask the grooms their "intentions with my daughter". What exactly are they supposed to say? I would love one of them to say "Um, my intention is to get laid and get some internet fame from this. Cool?" It's just stupid.

How long until MTS gets tired of Lindsey? Till the end of the honeymoon? Two weeks after that????? Someone start a betting pool.......He wants this to work out so badly he might be willing to take her crazy for longer, but he's going to snap at some point. That gal needs therapy, not a tv marriage.

I want to like Michael and Jasmina, but I can't decide. Hoping he can loosen up and give her some of his time. Why sign up for this if you can't compromise? Working 15 hours a day is a recipe for failure here.

I was skeptical about Steve and Noi, but dang, they are the best.  I would put my money on these two at this point. They just seem so natural and comfortable with each other - what a pleasant surprise!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, psychoticstate said:

I understand not being overwhelmed with attraction at first sight, but Alyssa signed up for this show.  She should have at least acted like a human being with a functioning heart.  She should get to know Chris and give him a chance.  NOT leave him sitting on a bench in the hallway while you go behind closed doors with production to complain about him and something he reportedly said.  Evil heifer.    

Exactly!

Start out by being polite and become friends with the guy. 

Didn't he ask if he could kiss her at the alter?  I can't remember.

• Love 3