Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E03: Bean Town Wedding Throw Down

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

Welp, looks like Chris drew the short stick this season. Wow. If one off hand jokey comment sends her running, just save yourself the time and give up now. She was just looking for an excuse to bolt at that point in the evening. She is unpleasant in the extreme, and she's not exactly a beauty queen either. From where I sit, they are pretty evenly matched looks-wise. And in my experience, everyone I know that is that into animals and says things like "I prefer animals to people" tend to not be that great with humans (my daughter is one of these people). I realize this is a generalization, but it's been pretty true in my life, and if the shoe boot fits.........And this girl needs to realize his teeth can be fixed; her bitchy personality not so easily.

I won't quote your entire post but I agree with everything you said.

Being an animal rescuer doesn't automatically make you a good person, as you said. My sister is a long-time dog rescuer, but she is very prickly personality-wise along with being extremely high maintenance. I feel bad for Chris.

• Love 10

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris called himself her sidepiece after she talked about liking dogs and horses better than people (which she had already mentioned) and he was just joking about being lower on the pecking order than animals.  I agree with others that Alyssa is looking for a way out and will make herself a victim in that they didn't give her what she wanted.  However, if Chris "plays" this right, he may meet tons of women after the show (by being a 'nice' guy).

Just like when Shawniece gave a lap dance during her reception, I really didn't like the lap dance in this episode.  Way to make an impression with your new wife's family (and I guarantee that he made an impression, albeit maybe not the one he intended).  I get it that he thinks he is all that, but how about some respect for your wife, her friends, and her family?  They are really presenting him as self-centered; they did the endless talking montage last week (when he first met his wife after the ceremony) and this week with her mom.

Okay, I admit it-I like Steve and Noi together (well, so far...).

And I think Mark is trying desperately to like Lindsey but she is just too much for him.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, gwen747 said:

Chris absolutely needs braces. His front teeth are way over-rotated. This is an easy fix. Alyssa's attitude and over-inflated ego...NOT an easy fix. 

From what I've seen so far they still don't look bad.  They look small, that's all.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Retired at last said:

What does Chris actually do? His groomsmen made it sound like he was in some kind of professional coaching/teaching type thing.

They said he's like a teacher because he likes to correct people and comes across as condescending.

33 minutes ago, MyTwoCents said:
7 hours ago, ByTor said:
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Alyssa reminds me of a less good looking Stacy London.

Stacy London, that's it!! I couldn't think of who I thought she resembled.

Who is Stacy London?

Co-host on the show What Not to Wear.

image.png.907817f1822198edb317f68d724549c8.png

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, spunky said:
  Reveal spoiler

MAFSFAN  posted in her Instagram stories a few days ago, that Chris purchased a house with his ex in November 2020. He broke up with her soon after and signed up for MAFS about 3 months later.

If this is true, it's a little suspicious.  Maybe this is what Alyssa was picking up on.

Even if true, I don't see anything suspicious about it and I don't think Alyssa would've minded anyway if he looked like Chris Hemsworth or Henry Cavill.

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Chris is average looking at best and the teeth take him down a peg or two from there.  Sorry not sorry, his two front teeth look like diamond shape as opposed to square or rectangular, that's how crooked they are.  There's just no excuse these days for an adult professional to have teeth like that.  When I was a kid back in the early 70s I had a huge space between my two front teeth, but my parents could not afford braces for cosmetic purposes.  When I got my first job at 18 yrs. old the first thing I did was go to an orthodontist and get on a payment plan.  I didn't have much else going for me looks wise so I had to make the best of everything I had. 

Alyssa is cute and I'm sure she gets lots of attention because she is petite.  She was turned off at the altar but put on a brave face.  The more she found out about this guy, from him bragging about his frisbee-throwing ability to his nerd friends talking smack, and him asking everyone in the room if she liked the way he looked, she was looking for an excuse to bolt.  After all of her lifetime hopes and dreams (10 dresses!) being shattered and a long, long, long day of keeping her smile frozen and her thoughts racing, it all blew up when she was faced with the thought of climbing into bed (on TV) with this guy.  I think that if Alyssa had found one small positive to latch onto she may have stuck it out (her face lit up when she asked him if he was going to buy her a horse), but it was just one disappointment after another.  No, she is no prize and far from perfect, but I blame the experts for this one.  Just like they had no business matching Myrla with a bald man after she told them it was a deal breaker, they blew it by matching Alyssa with a man with messed up teeth.  Some woman can look past that but Alyssa said loud and clear up front that it was important to her.  If they aren't going to listen, then they need to stop asking the question.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
46 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris called himself her sidepiece after she talked about liking dogs and horses better than people (which she had already mentioned) and he was just joking about being lower on the pecking order than animals.  I agree with others that Alyssa is looking for a way out and will make herself a victim in that they didn't give her what she wanted.  However, if Chris "plays" this right, he may meet tons of women after the show (by being a 'nice' guy).

Just like when Shawniece gave a lap dance during her reception, I really didn't like the lap dance in this episode.  Way to make an impression with your new wife's family (and I guarantee that he made an impression, albeit maybe not the one he intended).  I get it that he thinks he is all that, but how about some respect for your wife, her friends, and her family?  They are really presenting him as self-centered; they did the endless talking montage last week (when he first met his wife after the ceremony) and this week with her mom.

Okay, I admit it-I like Steve and Noi together (well, so far...).

And I think Mark is trying desperately to like Lindsey but she is just too much for him.

That's exactly how I took his comments.  Basically, self-deprecating.

• Love 12
53 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

IJust like when Shawniece gave a lap dance during her reception, I really didn't like the lap dance in this episode.  Way to make an impression with your new wife's family (and I guarantee that he made an impression, albeit maybe not the one he intended).  I get it that he thinks he is all that, but how about some respect for your wife, her friends, and her family?  They are really presenting him as self-centered; they did the endless talking montage last week (when he first met his wife after the ceremony) and this week with her mom.

I agree but I'll bet a ton of money it is producer driven.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I haven’t watched the last 10 seasons of this show, so I was surprised that they are now apparently casting people who they think would make good TV as opposed to boring, nice people who might actually have a stable life together. It was telling that practically ALL of the friends and family members were like, watch out for this one—your new spouse is highly dysfunctional and no one stands a chance with them!

Olajuwon was the one person who came off a bit better this episode than the previous ones. He (seemingly at least so far) backtracked on his “a woman’s place is in the kitchen” attitude real fast and seemed genuinely smitten with Katina. I don’t know whether these two will fall in love, but the newly reformed party people are definitely in lust and have the most initial chemistry between them.

Lindsey…really?! I don’t but for a second that these professionals believed that she’s sweet and loving and would make a great little wife. She certainly was “cast for TV” not chosen as a wife. Mark the Shark thought HE was the outgoing one in the relationship! This poor guy. He’s trying so hard to pretend that he likes Lindsey’s “fun” persona. But she hasn’t dropped it at all and is just a mess, and he’s hopefully asking dad and brother about Lindsey’s soft side and they’re all just like, well, she’d hide a body for you…and I do not think this is a euphemism!

Alyssa, yikes! She’s so dour and has been through this entire process that it’s obvious that she was only cast to be the drama this season of wanting out of the relationship before it even started! Likewise, Chris doesn’t deserve this!

The other two couples, Noi and Steve, and Mike and Jasmina are the only two couples that I believe were genuinely cast as the potential “love stories.” Nothing bad to say about any of them—they’re all sweet and precious and adorable—and I’m rooting for them.

All that being said, the drama was enough to hook me back into the show and want to see seasons that I missed now that this show is more entertaining than I recall it being.(Taking recommendations in small talk as to not get off topic here.)

• Love 11

she ‘won’t bend to peer pressure’ by the clinking glasses to kiss.

Honestly, I hate that "tradition." My husband and I didn't play along either but we did tell people that they could sing a song with the word "love" in it and we would kiss AND make a $10 donation per song to a dog rescue. The rescue cleaned up!

Spelled exactly how it's pronounced: O-la-ju-won.

Probably  named after the great NBA player:

He told Katina's mother that his mother chose it because it was a Nigerian name.

Is Alyssa the life of the party

Not any party I'd want to attend.

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Because they make good drama. She didn't want anyone other than a model with glowing white teeth and figured that if she couldn't land one herself, maybe the show could do it for her, because that is who she deserves, doncha know?

She kills me. I agree with the observations about Chris' teeth needing -- for his own purposes in business, if nothing else -- aesthetic (if not functional) work. 

But for Alyssa to think she's all that with an entire extra neck -- at her young age, no less -- is practically delusional. If she's that particular about others' appearance, at least her thinking would be congruent if she had corrected the significant imbalance nature left her with. Not her fault, just like Chris' teeth, but very correctable. I think she'd be stunning with a neck lift and jawline sculpting. Evidently she's wearing rose-colored glasses that work their magic on only her.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

Wow, Alyssa. What a bitch. My red flag with her was "I like animals more that people."  Translation: I hate people and can't relate to anyone on a normal basis, only animals who love me unconditionally.

I mean, you signed up to be married to a stranger, you can't give him 24 hours before walking off?! I get it, he's very "real estate guy",  plus the disc golf, his friends' comments, the teeth--all not great, but jesus. You're no prize, honey.

I didn't see much interesting with the other couples.  Lindsey seems to have some major issues, I can't tell if she's really drunk, or if she's got some kind of manic thing happening. MTS is looking unsure.

I must be the only one who is not too hopeful for Noi and Steve.  I think Noi is being very nice, and is loving the idea of all this, but I see trouble ahead if he's unemployed for much longer.  That shook her.

I think K&O do it on the wedding night :)

• Love 7

There's just no excuse these days for an adult professional to have teeth like that.

People have different priorities and orthodonture and other cosmetic dentistry is expensive. For whatever reason, Chris hasn't prioritized making his teeth prettier. There's nothing wrong with him although it doesn't make him much of a match for someone who values nice teeth so highly.

bragging about his frisbee-throwing ability

I have a friend who played Ultimate Frisbee. It's harder and more physically demanding than people think that it is. I'd say it at least requires as much athleticism as Alyssa's horseback riding.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Katina’s hair is fake, right ???  

I would think so but when she put the wrap on for the night it didn’t poof out like all that hair was under it!  Looked pretty flat to me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

First impressions usually change, but Alyssa is probably the least likable of all the females on every season.  What a pill.

Chris seems like a decent, nice guy - a bit dorky, but adorable.  I said about 15 minutes in "Hold on pal, this will be bumpy as all hell, but in 6 months you will be divorced and the right one will find you."  God, she is a miserable cur.  For someone who does rescue she has the personality of moldy drywall.

So far the MVP of the episode was that sweet little vintage Chevy Truck A&C left in.  Hi cutie!!  What a gem.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, qtpye said:

I was ready for Olaj to start spitting some serious game that was going to make my eyes roll to the back of my head.

I think Olaj's "game" boils down to one thing: him pulling up his shirt and showing his abs.......

• LOL 8
  • Love 6

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jasmina expressed some conservative views about sex?  I can't remember whether she was the bride who speculated "maybe 30 days" to consummate?

In any event, Olajawon has expressed multiple times that he plans to accommodate his new bride by going along with whatever freaky-deaky chandelier-swinging fuckapalooza she's into.  He was talking about it at the strip club; he was talking about it to his buds at the wedding reception.  He's clearly prepared to be an ardent and sexually adventurous partner and I think he's about to be disappointed.

I can totally see the matchmaking-for-ratings team put together this kind of mis-match.  "Hey, you know what would generate a ton of viewer chit chat?"

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, candall said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jasmina expressed some conservative views about sex?  I can't remember whether she was the bride who speculated "maybe 30 days" to consummate?

In any event, Olajawon has expressed multiple times that he plans to accommodate his new bride by going along with whatever freaky-deaky chandelier-swinging fuckapalooza she's into.  He was talking about it at the strip club; he was talking about it to his buds at the wedding reception.  He's clearly prepared to be an ardent and sexually adventurous partner and I think he's about to be disappointed.

I can totally see the matchmaking-for-ratings team put together this kind of mis-match.  "Hey, you know what would generate a ton of viewer chit chat?"

I think it’s Katina who said she’d wait a month, and her friends were like “seriously?” And Olajuwon doesn’t seem like he’d be down to wait - I think he’s the only one who was like “yeah, I’d have sex tonight if she wants.” The other men who mentioned sex at all said they didn’t even plan to broach the subject the first night, if I remember right.

(I don’t think waiting a month is that long outside of this experiment, but it does seem longer when you live with someone. A month with someone you’re seeing could be 3-4 dates.)

Katina is the one who said she’d been the party girl, had worked in and been in the club scene but was no longer about that life (a 9-5 for the state is pretty far from the club scene!), so my guess is she’s put “sex the same day you meet someone” in her rear view too. (No judgment.)

I think Katina is also the one who’s been cheated on a lot so pairing her with somebody who basically only stopped his fuckboi ways because of COVID is maybe not the best, but I could actually see them doing OK if he really has left that behind him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Alyssa mentioned at dinner that they can only live in Scituate.  The median house price in Scituate is $879,000.   Does she make that kind of $$ as a social marketing person?  And she’s complaining that he’s a real estate agent?  Well, if you want someone to buy a $879k house, they need to have a job that pays well.  Like someone said upthread, I think she was looking for a male model or something similar.   They both seem rather boring to me but she seems to think she is so fun (she’s not).  

I am also a teeth person so I get that the experts screwed her over on that.  It’s like when Myrna said she hated dogs and they gave her a spouse with a pit bull.  I’m sure there were some people who applied that had nice teeth.  I would have loved to have seen her matched with a really good looking guy who wasn’t attracted to her to take her down a notch.  

Chris’s friends are assholes.   They were all unattractive and had personalities to match.   I didn’t like them in the scene before the wedding either, they just didn’t seem nice.  I do think you can tell a lot about a guy by his friends and those friends would have me running.  

is Alyssa and/or Chris Jewish?  Thinking she may be and he’s not, which could be another strike against him. 

Overall, she is just unpleasant.  She thinks wearing cowboy boots and rescuing dogs makes her so “interesting and unique”.  It doesn’t help her miserable personality. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 15
21 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I think it’s Katina who said she’d wait a month, and her friends were like “seriously?” And Olajuwon doesn’t seem like he’d be down to wait - I think he’s the only one who was like “yeah, I’d have sex tonight if she wants.” The other men who mentioned sex at all said they didn’t even plan to broach the subject the first

I think Katina is also the one who’s been cheated on a lot so pairing her with somebody who basically only stopped his fuckboi ways because of COVID is maybe not the best, but I could actually see them doing OK if he really has left that behind him.

I think when Katina met the other wives she said she’s not into any crazy type of sex.   That seems like it’s going to be a major problem with O.  I thought her sex conversation with her bridesmaids was hilarious, they seem like a lot of fun. 

I think Jasmina had been cheated on, in fact I think her ex had another girlfriend and got her pregnant.  I think she really likes Micheal but was really disappointed with his schedule.  I can see why he would get MAFS, but why would the experts match him if he has no time in his life for a wife?   She’s a teacher who is probably home everyday by 3 or 4 and he doesn’t get home before 7.   Plus he works Saturdays as well.   If he’s a trainer, couldn’t he cut down on his hours if he wanted to? 

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Katie111 said:

It’s like when Myrna said she hated dogs and they gave her a spouse with a pit bull.

AND she specifically said, "No bald men." Myrla, meet Gil, your new bald husband with a pit bull.

ETA - I do think Alyssa might be Jewish, but I think if that were very important to her, she would have mentioned it when she was going down her list. It seems like they are usually matched with important things like that (although not so much with Clara and Ryan) or if not the same religion, matched with someone who is flexible (like Bennett and Amelia).

Edited by Retired at last
  • Love 3

Not sure how others feel about this, but I was sad that Alyssa's dad didn't walk her down the aisle. I wonder whose idea that was, hers or his. If hers, what a b!tch!

9 hours ago, Empress1 said:

What does Michael do for a living that has him up at 4? He mentioned clients.

My guess is physical training.

8 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Why was Alyssa wearing and showing off her cowboy boots.  Boston is cowboy country?  Maybe.  Oh .. she likes horses.

I thought they looked too big and clunky. I'm surprised she thought it was a good look.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Not sure how others feel about this, but I was sad that Alyssa's dad didn't walk her down the aisle. I wonder whose idea that was, hers or his. If hers, what a b!tch!

Didn't she say he couldn't walk that far because of his back?

• Love 7

I think Alyssa said that her father couldn't walk her down the aisle because he had back problems.  She still comes across as a bitch though, and those boots looked ridiculous with that gown.   

Michael is a personal trainer.

@ByTor beat me to it! 😊

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If that was me, her Father could of been in the front row and stood up for a minute to hand her over to her new husband to be.  That is a Fathers privilege, and made him very happy.  She wanted to be the center of attraction walking down alone.  Fathers deserve respect too.   She probably grew up a spoiled brat.

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

Wow, Alyssa. What a bitch. My red flag with her was "I like animals more that people."  Translation: I hate people and can't relate to anyone on a normal basis, only animals who love me unconditionally.

A lot of people say this though (or write it on forums). I always side-eye them. Sure, puppies are adorable, loving, and loyal, but I don't think they take precedence over A HUMAN BEING! 

15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What I mean is...did he say "sorry honey. Can't do it because of my back."

Or...

Did she say "I'm just gonna walk on my own, dad. Because your back...you know how it bothers you so."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

those boots looked ridiculous with that gown.   

She sure was proud of those, wasn't she? She also yammered about them when she was trying on wedding dresses.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

My point: Crooked teeth are not synonymous  with "bad teeth [that] can lead to health problems." 

For a real eye opener, look at some color movies from the 1970s and notice how dingy people's teeth are compared to today's blinding white standards. 

6 hours ago, Retired at last said:

What does Chris actually do? His groomsmen made it sound like he was in some kind of professional coaching/teaching type thing. Alyssa said he looked like a realtor, but is that what he really does?

He's a realtor, but also does online real estate videos where he calls himself The Professor, which the groomsmen said was appropriate because he's very much into (paraphrasing here) showing people the correct way to do things.  His condescension comes from his knowing that he knows more than other people, and he's in a unique position to explain it until they get it.  Maybe this was on the after-show?

And where does frisbee golf fit in - just a hobby? Imagine that - an activity that COULD be fun, so of course, that is beneath her.

It's more than just a hobby--he competes on a local professional level.  

6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

(And unless they edited it out, Chris was the only groom who sent his bride anything before the wedding.) 

I'd bet my bottom dollar everybody sends something to their intended before the wedding, and I'm real sure there's prompting from the producers.  More fodder to edit from.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

If he’s a trainer, couldn’t he cut down on his hours if he wanted to? 

Yes, but then he would earn less money.

I know several personal trainers and the schedule is hell. You work when your clients have time to train, which means outside regular business hours. The ones I know who have left that business have done so largely because of the wonky schedule; it can make dating/family life difficult.

I really like Michael and Jasmina together thus far and I see the schedule thing as challenging but it doesn't necessarily have to be a deal breaker. I can see it becoming one more thing if there are other issues though...

I'd bet my bottom dollar everybody sends something to their intended before the wedding, and I'm real sure there's prompting from the producers.  More fodder to edit from.

There used to be more of it and I always liked it. I don't know Steph (of Steph and AJ, Philadelphia) sent AJ a bunch of her favorite beers. And I think it was Brandon (who turned out to be the devil in a tux) who sent a lovely Tiffany heart pendant with "Mrs Whatever-His-Last-Name-Was" to his bride to be; perfect gift for the most disastrous husband. Oh - and of course, last season Johnny sent a sports-themed gift that sent Bao into a tailspin...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Honestly, I hate that "tradition." My husband and I didn't play along either but we did tell people that they could sing a song with the word "love" in it and we would kiss AND make a $10 donation per song to a dog rescue. The rescue cleaned up!

He told Katina's mother that his mother chose it because it was a Nigerian name.

Not any party I'd want to attend.

The NBA's Olajuwon was part Nigerian, so the name likely is a normal Nigerian  one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Why was Alyssa wearing and showing off her cowboy boots.  Boston is cowboy country?  Maybe.  Oh .. she likes horses.

She said she's from Scituate which is about 25 miles south of Boston on the ocean.  Since I am from Boston, I'm not sure if there are farms down there.  I'm curious to know if any of these folks are from Boston.  Maybe they should call it MAFS Massachusetts. lol

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

If that was me, her Father could of been in the front row and stood up for a minute to hand her over to her new husband to be.  That is a Fathers privilege, and made him very happy.  She wanted to be the center of attraction walking down alone.  Fathers deserve respect too.   She probably grew up a spoiled brat.

I was thinking the same thing . I don’t think it was about the dads back problems . If my dad couldn’t walk well , he would sit in a wheel chair going down the aisle . Or her mom could have walked with her . She seemed like it was more about her being the center of attention and wanting all the focus on her . 

Edited by Jax7917
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Stella Rose said:

So far the MVP of the episode was that sweet little vintage Chevy Truck A&C left in.  Hi cutie!!  What a gem.

That was adorable... too bad, it was transporting the most miserable bride.

• Love 5

I hate to judge someone so quickly but Alyssa seems very superficial.  It's horrible how Chris's groomsmen dogged him the way they did. She completely believed them eventhough Chris hadn't been that way to her. Maybe he is all they said but she didn't give him a chance and was ready to abandon ship quickly. As we all seen from the very first Season ever Jamie did not like Doug at all in the beginning and look at them now happily married with kids. So she could have a change of heart. 

Noi and Steve seem sweet together so far. 

Jasmine and Michael seem sweet together so far. 

Olujuwan and Katina I dont have an opinion on yet. They definitely are attracted to each other.

Lyndsey and Mark crack me up. She's very funny and a take me as I am type woman and I think Mark can handle her. I like them so far.

• Love 6
23 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

So what did Chris say or do to piss Alyssa off?  What did I miss?

He didn't say anything. His groomsmen told Alyssa Chris is over bearing, a know it all, someone who will try to teach you, someone who basically thinks he's always right. He's someone who likes the sound of his own voice and will monologue. So yea they scared the mess out of her. She was already not 100% into him and after hearing all that she was ready to run for the hills.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Leschele said:

I hate to judge someone so quickly but Alyssa seems very superficial.  It's horrible how Chris's groomsmen dogged him the way they did. She completely believed them eventhough Chris hadn't been that way to her. Maybe he is all they said but she didn't give him a chance and was ready to abandon ship quickly. As we all seen from the very first Season ever Jamie did not like Doug at all in the beginning and look at them now happily married with kids. So she could have a change of heart. 

Noi and Steve seem sweet together so far. 

Jasmine and Michael seem sweet together so far. 

Olujuwan and Katina I dont have an opinion on yet. They definitely are attracted to each other.

Lyndsey and Mark crack me up. She's very funny and a take me as I am type woman and I think Mark can handle her. I like them so far.

Jamie and Doug are married and have kids but I don’t know how “happily.” They have had a lot of ups and downs. 

28 minutes ago, Leschele said:

He didn't say anything. His groomsmen told Alyssa Chris is over bearing, a know it all, someone who will try to teach you, someone who basically thinks he's always right. He's someone who likes the sound of his own voice and will monologue. So yea they scared the mess out of her. She was already not 100% into him and after hearing all that she was ready to run for the hills.

I think that ACE was looking for a way out from the minute she poked her head around the floral arch and saw Chris. I don’t think the friends really scared her; I think they just gave her a convenient excuse to hang her hat on.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I don't like all the What are your intentions with my daughter? 

Good grief.  What is UP with that?  I'm thinking back to my younger sister's marriage (many moons ago), and I KNOW that my parents were very 'concerned' about her husband-to-be (his big-shot attitude, snide "humor," etc).  But they got through it all with grace and remained classy throughout.  The LAST thing they would have said to this sad sack of a son-in-law was: "What are your intentions with my daughter?!?!"  😟

As the cliché goes: "Who DOES that??"

• Love 8

AND she specifically said, "No bald men." Myrla, meet Gil, your new bald husband with a pit bull.

But she did stay married to Gil on decision day, and their eventual breakup had nothing to do with his bald head (or physical attraction) or the pit bull.   In fact she learned to like Hype and later got her own dog.  Myrla is actually a decent example of why it may be better to ignore some of the more superficial preferences when matching couples.   

Alyssa likely had a laundry list of must haves for a husband.   There’s no way the show would find a guy that met all of them AND would do this show.      

Edited by After7Only
  • Love 6

Alyssa and Chris held hands awkwardly as they walked away from the altar.

Steve and Noi are the only couple that didn't hold hands.

Lindsey basically told Mark he's not attractive. She was telling him how the other brides are foolish for expecting/wanting a muscular good-looking husband, but he's lucky because she know it's not all about looks. Gee, thanks.

Edited by Blissfool
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Lindsey basically told Mark he's not attractive. She was telling him how the other brides are foolish for expecting/wanting a muscular good-looking husband, but he's lucky because she know it's not all about looks. 

Last season, Rachel basically said the same thing to Jose.  And we all know how that worked out. 

• Love 3

It did sound like a backhanded compliment coming from Lindsey, but she also did state that she found him handsome and was attracted to him in her ITMs. So I think it just came across poorly when she was speaking to him.

I can see why Alyssa was still single. She's shallow, judgmental, and dour. The experts should never have picked her, and I feel sorry for Chris.

• Like 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

Katina's mom was soooo rude.  When he said his name she said something to the effect of "who came up with that?"  Bitch.

It was rude, I agree. I also didn't like when he told her he has ADHD, she immediately asked if he's on medication. That's  not really your business, lady. She could've asked him other questions, like when he was diagnosed, what are the positives of it, does he find it hard to manage at times, how does it manifest, etc. It just sat wrong with me.

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Did she say "I'm just gonna walk on my own, dad. Because your back...you know how it bothers you so."

Actually, what she probably said was "I'm just gonna walk on my own, dad. Because your back...you know how it bothers you so. And speaking of walking, did you see my boots...."

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

There used to be more of it and I always liked it. I don't know Steph (of Steph and AJ, Philadelphia) sent AJ a bunch of her favorite beers. And I think it was Brandon (who turned out to be the devil in a tux) who sent a lovely Tiffany heart pendant with "Mrs Whatever-His-Last-Name-Was" to his bride to be; perfect gift for the most disastrous husband. Oh - and of course, last season Johnny sent a sports-themed gift that sent Bao into a tailspin.

My Darling husband of over fifty years sent me nothing.  Being I did EVERYTHING to plan our wedding, I should have sent myself something like a necklace from Tiffany’s.  Lol.  ( he gets away with murder).

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Lindsey basically told Mark he's not attractive. She was telling him how the other brides are foolish for expecting/wanting a muscular good-looking husband, but he's lucky because she know it's not all about looks. Gee, thanks.

This was funny to me because before the weddings she was the bride most focused on physical features - constantly talking about D size and chiclet teeth.

I think Alyssa is a huge ass for not going down the aisle with her dad.  Her dad wasn’t watching the wedding on zoom from a hospital bed, he was seated at the end of the damn aisle so he had to get there somehow.  Plenty of brides are escorted by dads in wheelchairs or walkers, or the brides supporting their dad during the walk.  It was a bitch move for her to be the center focus and “star” of her own wedding.

• Love 7