Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I totally agree, no matter what side you support, the other side will take offense. I only read the text message once but I didn't get the impression that John Legend told Kanye not to state his opinion. I think he was trying to have Kanye reconsider his opinion based on factors that I assume John Legend thinks that Kanye has not considered. I'm not a member of the black community, but it appears as though the overwhelming consensus of them speak out against the current President and his administration. Much has been done and said that has been taken as a means to continue to oppress and stereotype the black community and it's to the point where most won't compartmentalize racist behaviour and promises of jobs and a stronger economy.  There's definitely a moral stance that has been taken and given the out pour of opinions from the black community and black celebrities who have been critical of Kanye's comments, I think that there is an underlying sense of betrayal for his defense of Trump that goes beyond politics and I think that plays both into the reactions he's gotten and also John Legend's attempt to reach out to him privately. In this case, it doesn't seem like the discussion got out of hands and this wouldn't even be a discussion if one party hadn't released the private texts to the public.

I am Black and you hit it on the nail on why John Legend was telling Kanye, to reconsider, his public stance, of endorsing an administration, that is hostile to Black people. Kanye with his wealth will not be impacted by their policies.  Those of us who do not have his wealth, will be. 

• Love 19

Admitting to abusing opioids?  The insurance company that paid out might be interested in that.

he had lipo so he wouldn’t be called fat like Rob had been. 

Kept checking his phone, maybe Kim calling to say STFU?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Frost said:

TMZ Interview - Slavery was a choice

Thank God someone was willing to stand up and tell him he's full of sh&% to his face.

Holy shit, A CHOICE?????? How is Kim going to spin this one? This man is insane, he's not manic depressive, he's not on drugs, he's just fucking crazy. How any black person can support Kanye West now is beyond me.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

No wonder Kim just did an interview with Kylie about motherhood and their daughters - the K family needs a little distraction.

I think the opposite: The K-J family does not need distractions; they need a focus, and that focus should be on all the vulnerable little children --  daughters and sons --  they have brought into the world, into their parents’ messes and who are now growing up with this madness in public view. And to start with, these family discussions need to be private and not for page clicks and social media attention. So K-J family: Get naked, post selfies, go crazy, and hook up with all the most unsuitable partners in your orbit; but for god’s sake, protect your children from the consequences of your choices so that they can at least have some chance for a normal childhood and future. Or just continue to be self-absorbed and mercenary until you get to your sell-by date and age out of the public’s attention. But don’t have any kids (or anymore kids) while you’re at it. So then, when it’s all done, you can just lick your wounds while counting your millions and maybe think it was all worth it after all. And if not, no (or no further) generations will need hours of therapy to make sense of it all.

• Love 1
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Veronique Bette said:

I think the opposite: The K-J family does not need distractions; they need a focus, and that focus should be on all the vulnerable little children --  daughters and sons --  they have brought into the world, into their parents’ messes and who are now growing up with this madness in public view. And to start with, these family discussions need to be private and not for page clicks and social media attention. So K-J family: Get naked, post selfies, go crazy, and hook up with all the most unsuitable partners in your orbit; but for god’s sake, protect your children from the consequences of your choices so that they can at least have some chance for a normal childhood and future. Or just continue to be self-absorbed and mercenary until you get to your sell-by date and age out of the public’s attention. But don’t have any kids (or anymore kids) while you’re at it. So then, when it’s all done, you can just lick your wounds while counting your millions and maybe think it was all worth it after all. And if not, no (or no further) generations will need hours of therapy to make sense of it all.

It’s pretty clear that they’ll continue to create distractions when bad news comes out, and continue to be embarrassed by Kanye’s remarks or Tristan’s behavior rather than make the intelligent moves called for. And, most sadly, the kids will be monetized and sexualized asap - it’s what they see every day.

Edited by nexxie

But they have such fabulous work ethic!!

A few weeks ago Khloe and Kim were bitching because the story about Khloes pregnancy was going to hit the news and they “couldn’t control it” and how wrong it was that they couldn’t have their privacy. 

Now Kims on Ellen spilling the tea in their attempt to control the “poor Khloe storyline”

if they want privacy  and a modicum of a personal life, why not just keep your mouth shut? “No comment “ Have they ever used these words? Maybe they should try them sometime. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

But they have such fabulous work ethic!!

A few weeks ago Khloe and Kim were bitching because the story about Khloes pregnancy was going to hit the news and they “couldn’t control it” and how wrong it was that they couldn’t have their privacy. 

Now Kims on Ellen spilling the tea in their attempt to control the “poor Khloe storyline”

if they want privacy  and a modicum of a personal life, why not just keep your mouth shut? “No comment “ Have they ever used these words? Maybe they should try them sometime. 

The funny thing is, nobody cares about Klawey! Sure, they talked about Tristan f*cking around a bit, but that died off quickly. No one is interested in Klawey now, or in her baby. There are no paps trying to catch a shot of either of them and no one talks about them.

• Love 1

I can appreciate Kim does her best to defend her husband no matter how cray he sounds. I even tolerated this eye roll worthy tweet

But, if she can feasibly defend the idiotic remarks he dropped today then I'll really believe she damn near lost her mind.

• Love 1

The Kardashians are D list AT BEST.   Which is why no one is staking out Khloe's haunts for pap shots of the baby.   Or really gives a damn that her latest fuck toy cheated on her.   They don't "support" Kanye.   They are hanging on to his coattails for dear life.    If he goes, they are back to DList.   No more Vogue parties.   No more semi-respectable Oscar after parties.   So they put up with whatever insane thing he does to protect their own status.   

The family knows they are on borrowed time.   The end date of their fame is fast approaching.   They are doing literally everything they can to stay famous.   Barely 18 year olds having babies.   Naked selfies.   Being seen with Kanye.   ANYTHING.   Because that is all this family has.   Without fame, they literally have no life.   And they won't be counting their millions when its all over.   They spend it as fast as it comes in trying to look like real money.

• Love 5

Did I hear right, that Kanye blames the public for his decision to get liposuction?  And that he married into a family that basically keeps every plastic surgeon in LA busy had nothing to do with it?

he may have been abusing opioids, but I still think he suffers from mental illness on top of that.  Opioids don’t typically cause mania, but they can if you’re already bipolar.  How does he explain his behavior now?  

• Love 4
(edited)
15 hours ago, GaT said:

Holy shit, A CHOICE?????? How is Kim going to spin this one? This man is insane, he's not manic depressive, he's not on drugs, he's just fucking crazy. How any black person can support Kanye West now is beyond me.

I have no respect for this man, none. If something is wrong with him, then get help, don't utilize the spotlight to keep yourself relevant when it's this very industry that has fucked you up. God bless that staffer who stood up and spoke out. I will say that I don't think Kanye's words are often intended to be malicious but it's often the byproduct of his lack of consideration, thought and appreciation for the real world outside of his multi-million dollar lifestyle. Kanye thinks he's a free thinker because he's some philosophical woke person. No, he's been afforded the ability to think the way he does because he's been able to remove himself from the world that the communities of blacks and minorities live in. His opinion isn't unique or 'free' it's an opinion that ignorant white people have been saying for as long as I can remember. Kanye, your free thinking opinions is a result of you not educating yourself on history and real life. Must be nice sitting up in that big ass house of yourself with your plastic wife and your bodyguards thinking that you're some hero and legend because you dare to be different. No, you dare to be stupid.

His follow up comments were just adding insult to injury. Suggesting that slavery continued because blacks were mentally enslaved and therefore couldn't leave. All of that was to defend his free thinking and likening himself to true social justice warriors who stood up to because of real life experiences, not deluded theories they conjured up in their head behind their protected fortresses. I can't stand ignorant people. Kanye is both ignorant and narcissistic. My worst nightmare.

Edit: And just to add to this absolute hypocrisy that I see going back and forth online about this because I need to vent - if my criticism (or any criticism) of Kanye is an attempt to oppress his freethought then your criticism of my criticism is also considered an attempt to oppress my free thought? You see how that works? Freedom of thought and speech is not defined by simply getting to say what you want unchallenged. It's the freedom of saying it without persecution from your government. The fact that you can say whatever you want and still have a forum to continue to say whatever you want regardless of how many people you anger or surprise by your ignorance is the very truth of what freedom of thought and speech is. And maybe people need to look up what free thought is. It isn't defined by thinking outside of the norm but truth based on logic and reason. It's not about the end result but the process in which you get there. Do you believe something because it's traditionally acceptable to believe so or do you believe it because of reason, logic, contextual and factual? It's very possible that there are some thoughts that are traditional in nature that are based on logic, reason and facts. To believe and agree with them doesn't make you anti-free thought.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 18

Van has long been my favorite TMZ staff member because he routinely calls out nonsense and gets into political discourse (I only watch TMZ Live) but he was at his finest yesterday. I was even yelling at Kanye and Candace Owens. And Kanye, you can't just take your meds whenever you feel like it. It doesn't work like that. After he said he wasn't regularly taking his meds, it all clicked into place for me. I definitely felt like I was witnessing manic behavior.

• Love 8
On 5/1/2018 at 6:25 AM, ByTor said:

Yet Kanye gets criticized for exercising that right (not saying criticized by you, @RHJunkie).  John Legend (I have no idea who he even is TBH) is pretty much telling Kanye to not state his opinion because it offends people...is he so arrogant that he doesn't think there are people offended by his opinion?  That his opinion is the one and only correct one to have?  Politically, if you are especially vocal about what side you support, you are going to offend people on the other side.  Perhaps both of them should stay away from discussing politics.  I'm a CPA and work for a consulting firm...you damn well better believe that the partners would not look kindly upon me if I started throwing my political opinions around on social media.

I’ll help you. John Legend is the guy married to that annoying fat cheek Chrissy Teigen.  That’s the only way I can describe it. He always looks like he’s going to bust out crying, and she looks like she’s storing nuts in her cheeks for the winter. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I’ll help you. John Legend is the guy married to that annoying fat cheek Chrissy Teigen.  That’s the only way I can describe it. He always looks like he’s going to bust out crying, and she looks like she’s storing nuts in her cheeks for the winter. 

LOL!  Is he a musician?  Is that how he & Kanye are friends?  Or is it through their wives?

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

The funniest thing about this is that your description isn't at all wrong, haha.

46 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL!  Is he a musician?  Is that how he & Kanye are friends?  Or is it through their wives?

It may be through the wives. I think Kim and Chrissy met and became friends before Kim began dating Kanye. But it's entirely possible that John and Kanye were also friends before their wives were in the picture since they're both in the music industry and would have crossed paths several times.

• Love 4

John is a really talented guy. He was a multiple Grammy winning singer/musician long before he even met Chrissy. IIRC he also has an Oscar and Tony. Unfortunately he and Kanye and their accomplishments have been overshadowed by their famewhore wives.

• Love 9

Kanye never would have made that slave statement standing on the street corner of the neighborhood he grew up.  He was totally comfortable saying that in a room full of mostly white tabloid journalists who work for Harvey who essentially works for Kris Jenner.  Kanye can shout whatever into the wind and he has zero interest in what his legion of fans, supports think or feel.  But if you tweek his nipples the wrong way, this is all your fault!  My poor wife!  You all made me get liposuction! Haterz!  Please download my album, but you could have used the thousands of dollars you spent on my yeezys to go to college and then drop out or something....if I can do it everyone can!  FUCK YOU.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, merylinkid said:

The Kardashians are D list AT BEST. 

Unfortunately, nope, Kim is considered an A list celebrity. In fact, if you Google "hollywood a list celebrities" & look at the images at the top, Beyonce is the first picture, but Kim is the second.

7 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Did I hear right, that Kanye blames the public for his decision to get liposuction?  

Yep, watch the video, he actually gets up & yells at everyone that he got liposuction because he didn't want them to say he was fat like Rob. I guess diet & exercise never occurred to him.

3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Not my type of music, but John Legend is a much awarded singer in his own right, he has actual talent.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

She really is a butterface.

1 hour ago, GaT said:

Unfortunately, nope, Kim is considered an A list celebrity. In fact, if you Google "hollywood a list celebrities" & look at the images at the top, Beyonce is the first picture, but Kim is the second.

I thought "A List" referred to actors, and how producers go to the A List first, then B, then C, etc. when casting.   I think the Kardashians are well-known celebrities, but I have to disagree with Google (I know, I will never get anywhere with that), they are not A List.  

• Love 4
(edited)

HA! Kanye got “Donkey of the Day” from Charlamagne tha God for his slave comments - also said Kanye talks like a rich man, and likes Trump cuz he reminds Kanye of himself. (Just on msnbc)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

Bipolar I is a condition that is known to have a strong genetic component.  If that is what Kanye has, they will need to keep an eye on their children, as its very possible that one or more of them could end up having it. Hopefully they are aware of this risk and would seek intervention as early as possible.  It does make you wonder how this bunch would deal with something like that.

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Bipolar I is a condition that is known to have a strong genetic component.  If that is what Kanye has, they will need to keep an eye on their children, as its very possible that one or more of them could end up having it. Hopefully they are aware of this risk and would seek intervention as early as possible.  It does make you wonder how this bunch would deal with something like that.

Considering the way Kim is trying to pass it off as  “Just Kanye being Kanye”

i suspect she either doesn’t talk or listen to him very much.

as far as genetics.... I’ve always wondered why she went for a third kid after he was diagnosed. Especially since it seems Rob might have some mental issues also. 

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Kardashian blood will overpower any undesirable genetics from the non Kardashians.

1 hour ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Kardashian blood will overpower any undesirable genetics from the non Kardashians.

Rob gots something going on mentally. So the Kardashian’s haven’t escaped and Kris has a whacky sister too. 

20 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Rob gots something going on mentally. So the Kardashian’s haven’t escaped and Kris has a whacky sister too. 

Rob Kardashian Sr blood overpowered Chyna’s.

Dream is an Armenian baby in the image of Rob Sr.  

Can’t wait for season 15

2 minutes ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

Rob Kardashian Sr blood overpowered Chyna’s.

Dream is an Armenian baby in the image of Rob Sr.  

Can’t wait for season 15

Let’s see what she’s like in 16/17 years, North, P and True also.  That pimp gramma is one powerful influence.

2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I love the Onion. 

16 minutes ago, ByTor said:

He kinda IS a rich man :)

Yeah, I should’ve mentioned the context - Kanye said racism wasn’t a deal breaker for him, or he wouldn’t be in this country. Charlamagne was pointng out that being rich allows Kanye to live anywhere, but he wasn’t empathetic toward those who have to deal with racism and can’t leave.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, I should’ve mentioned the context - Kanye said racism wasn’t a deal breaker for him, or he wouldn’t be in this country. Charlamagne was pointng out that being rich allows Kanye to live anywhere, but he wasn’t empathetic toward those who have to deal with racism and can’t leave.

Oh, I understood what you were getting at, I was just teasing about the wording :)

• Love 1
On 5/1/2018 at 5:38 PM, iwasish said:

he had lipo so he wouldn’t be called fat like Rob had been. 

He was blaming the public and the media for fat shaming Rob. Wasn't it Kim who always got all over Rob and was extremely cruel to him about being fat? Look at your wife, Kanye. He can see no wrong with anything she does, can he? 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He was blaming the public and the media for fat shaming Rob. Wasn't it Kim who always got all over Rob and was extremely cruel to him about being fat? Look at your wife, Kanye. He can see no wrong with anything she does, can he? 

Who says Kim hasn’t told Kanye to lose a few pounds? She’s the kind that’s all about looks and not just her own. We can only imagine how she pressured Rob. She also was annoyed about Kylie’s hair color and Caitlyns  ponytail. Once  Rob bailed I think she left Kylie and Caitlyn alone for fear they’d bail and their absence would draw attention from the tabloids. 

On 5/3/2018 at 12:26 AM, GaT said:

So the doctors want him to take 3 pills a day, but he's only taking 1 or 2 a week? Yeah, this is going to end well.

My aunt, who is a know it all and a skinflint except when she’s getting pedicures and massages decided to take her Paxil every third day.  Paxil withdrawals happen after missing one dose, so she’s constantly been in Paxil withdrawal for awhile now.   Too cheap to take it daily, too ignorant to try other meds or control mechanisms.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

My aunt, who is a know it all and a skinflint except when she’s getting pedicures and massages decided to take her Paxil every third day.  Paxil withdrawals happen after missing one dose, so she’s constantly been in Paxil withdrawal for awhile now.   Too cheap to take it daily, too ignorant to try other meds or control mechanisms.

I missed something here.  Is Kanye on a long term medication regime, or is this more short term opioids for 2018 liposuction?  Why did Kim tweet it wasn’t fair to conjecture that Kanye may be dealing with mental health issues, if the fam will now put this info out there?  

• Love 1

I think he’s blaming opioids which he may well have been abusing. He must not have a very hi pain tolerance cause the whole K family is having plastic surgery and lipo and I doubt they take much in the way of pain pills. Maybe he used some bootleg doctor instead of someone on the K payroll.

opiods aside I think he has mental issues and won’t admit it to himself.

• Love 1
50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's crazy Kanye would undergo lipo after what happened to his mother. Does anyone lose weight the old fashioned way anymore by eating healthy and working out? 

He’s just as vain as  the rest of the K klan. I’m sure Kim has poked fun at his gut and maybe even told him he needs to lose a few. Living in Kris’s house all that time with the jars of candy and display cases of cake and pastry it must have been  easy to gain weight. He sees the family trotting to their appointments and coming home looking thinner and more atttactive without side effects and no will power needed, Kim might’ve even made him an appointment... sooo.

His mothers death was sad, but from what I’ve read recently, it was because she was left unattended while recuperating. Not by her doctor or his facility but by a relative of hers who had   agreed  to take care of her but left her alone and she choked on her own vomit.  So his vendetta against the doctor has been misdirected.

• Love 3
(edited)

Kris has a lot of grandkids so I don't have a problem with her keeping a lot of sweets around, that candy and cake they probably eat a ton of. From what I understand with Kanye he's a big fan of fast food, especially Taco Bell and McDonalds. Eating enough of that stuff will cause excessive weight gain.

ETA: forgot to add this gem, for anyone that missed SNL last night

https://youtu.be/q2sI-T69sjs

Edited by howmanywords