Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Sins of the Father

• Start Topic

Dexter and Harrison try to live a normal life in a place that they have discovered is not as normal as they thought it was. Will the two of them be able to live happily ever after, despite all the threats coming their way?

Original air date 1/9/22

I really hope they go on with the series! Its such a good story and well played I really hope they reconsider and have more seasons maybe a father son duo sounds cool! Like the first dexter series I was really bummed it was ending I hope this isn't the second ending it's way to good I was really excited that they did a spinoff I love this serie please go on!! If you agree let me know! They can do much more with this concept! We want more!!!

Well, it’s a better ending than the first series, but it was kind of… just predictable?  I mean it ended the way a lot of people thought it would when they announced Harrison would be on this season.

Lots of retconning, and not just of the original series, but even retconning things from this season.  So now Harrison’s Dark Passenger is, eh, not really so much to worry about?  I mean he stabbed a kid, broke another kids arm out of insane impulse, and now we’re meant to think that Harrison doesn’t share Dexter’s Dark Passenger after all, he really just did bad things because Daddy abandoned him?  Other than petty little things like basically everything else we’ve been watching this season that makes absolutely perfect sense. 

And I’m sure, you know, killing your own father is going to set Harrison on the road to healthy non-violent stability.  Of the three choices Dexter had there:  1) turn himself in 2) run away into the woods while Harrison fumbled with the safety 3) ask Harrison to shoot him— isn’t number 3 the cruelest and absolute worst for Harrison’s psyche?  Good parenting up to the end.

Also, c’mon, show, you really had Angela finally call Angel, something she should have done at least three or four episodes ago, then you have Angel pick up LaGuerta’s file and is all like “Ohmigod, I’m coming up there” and then….  Nothing?  Angel confronting Dex could have been a highlight of the season.  (I almost expected an after credits scene of Angel walking into the deserted Iron Lake police station and being like “where is everybody? Hello?  Helllllloooo?”)

I’m guessing MCH really wanted to be done with Dexter and leave with an ending that at least isn’t maybe the most notoriously bad in tv history, because my understanding is that the ratings have been good; I’m almost surprised they didn’t re-write the ending to let Showtime milk another season or two out of it.

• Like 1
  • Love 23

I mean, I’m glad they exposed Dexter as a selfish, gaslighting psycho right up until his very last breath, but eff him for goading his own son into killing him! And if Angela was going to take the rap, why would she tell Harrison to run? I mean, on the one hand, she’s saving him from media notoriety, but on the other … he’s a troubled teenager with no one and little money now!

Edited by lizzbert
  • Useful 2
  • Love 14

RIP Dexter 🕊 🕊 🕊 

If Harrison ever hurt or kill anyone moving forward, it will be on Angela!

Shitty writing:

• There's no reason for Dexter to kill Logan because the focus on him will be shifted to Kurt, in a matter of hours. If Angela is smart enough, she should anticipate that Dexter will try to escape.
  • The ketamine/M99 plot hole is not addressed.
  • The emotional connection developed between Dexter and Harrison in previous episodes has been thrown out of the window. Harrison suddenly has a change of heart and willing to kill his dad?
  • What's the point of bringing Batista in the finale when there's no f2f interaction with Dexter or Angela. A missed opportunity.

tumblr_mj7wieGdMW1qbrdf3o2_r1_500.gifv

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 21

I'm glad Harrison won't be prosecuted for shooting a serial killer fugitive trying to kidnap him.   But making him leave town seems more like 'get away from my daughter' then helping him.  He's what, 16 years old, no family, no place to live, few resources...how's he going to finish high school, find a legal way to get by, go to therapy?  It's sad, and I hope he truly isn't like his father in the end and can find healthy role models. 

• Love 9

I am no satisfied of this ending. I hope if they renew for a second season they make that all a dream. I wish there was more! I wish we would have seen angel come and see dexter. There should be a better ending then that!! I am shocked but it still wasn't a good ending. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

My main issue with the original ending of Dexter was that I wanted people to find out about him. Dead, arrested or escaped mattered less. So at least I got that. But I wanted to see the aftermath too, and we're not getting that. And what a shitty thing to do to Harrison. At first I thought it was a way to give Harrison a way out, "I found out what he did and tried to stop him leaving, he attacked me and I shot him in self defense" or something like that. But instead Harrison ends up all alone once again. 

So it was good to see Dexter again and I appreciate getting at least *some* kind of closure. But eh, overall it was quite unsatisfactory. 

• Like 1
  • Love 16

This was a terrible ending and also, very sloppy series. Every week the smart people of the internet would point out all the failures. I suspect the Clyde just wrote the ending and left it up to some woke kiddies to write the rest.

And the ending was done so that Michael C Hall wouldn't have to come back. I am sure that was his reason for doing it. 

This thing was very poorly written and ultimately several subplots just meant nothing.. Olson, Kurt, nothing. 

Showtime, fool me once... well. 

• Love 10

[Interior: Showtime meeting room]

Exec: WTF??!! Dexter dies??? We need another season just to break even...

Intern: We could do a Sopranos ending...cut to black while Harrison aims the rifle...but use Foo Fighters instead of Journey.

Edited by paigow
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

There’s an interview with Clyde Phillips.  He pitched it to Hall and to Showtime as Dexter dying and they were all on board.

He even said he’d continue with a Harrison spinoff if Showtime green lighted it.  The worse outcome for most fans because the character and actor aren’t compelling.  Teen vigilante serial murderer?  Give me a fucking break …

🙄

Would be a surprising move because the Showtime demographics skews not much younger than 40-45.  Actor hasn’t shown anything to suggest he can carry a show.

As for this season, Angela is the one who figures it out?  Dexter gets caught at Iron fucking Lake?  Why did she spend Christmas with him, after she saw the weal marks?  I can buy Angel figuring it out or some FBI guy but not her.

Also she arrested him for the titanium screws but that wasn’t going to be enough to convict him.  Dexter is sloppy with the ketamine but would that have been enough to get him convicted for all those deaths?

For sure it would have been a bad outcome for Dexter even if they released him because now he’d be on the radar of law enforcement everywhere and there would be a million Molly Parks or true crime detective wannabes all up in his case.  There wouldn’t just be podcasts but all kinds of books and documentaries.

They didn’t point out that most of Dexter’s  victims were far worse people or at least it seem to register very little with Angela.  Not that she would have let him go but she had far more energy, far more revulsion, to Dexter than to Kurt.

Was that because she’d been intimate with him?  But it seemed like it was a little fling, which hadn’t been going on too long.  They play acted to add spice to having sex in his truck, so was she in love, thinking Dexter was going to be the guy for her for the foreseeable future?

Instead the runaway cases seemed to be a much bigger emotional investment for her.  She recognized Kurt’s victims by face and name.  If Dexter escaped without killing Logan, she might not have cared too much since she is getting closure in a major part of her life.

Maybe even let Dexter go for breaking this case, which is going to make her nationally and internationally famous.  She’d be a horrible cop and person for doing so but she has no case for convicting Dexter on Matthew Caldwell and her case for the Bay Harbor Butcher isn’t ironclad either.  So Dexter shot up two guys with ketamine, does it prove he killed all those people in Miami?  Like I said, Dexter would be fucked if they prosecuted the case because his name would be out everywhere.

Dexter realizing this would be a more believable reason for killing himself or letting Harrison shoot him, not this whole he finds true love for the first time and decides to let his son not get burdened with his sins reasoning.

Or Dexter finds a clever way to fake his death again.  Or Angela just letting him go.  Yeah Harrison is young and “innocent” so she lets Harrison go, but it’s really inconsistent, is she strict law and order or is crime and punishment a gray area for her?

(I would also think the ballistics would not back up her story.  How did she end up with Harrison’s rifle and use that rather than her service revolver?  Dexter was shot at a distance, no signs of struggle or forcing her to kill him.  Harrison would have been in trouble because it was an execution, with Dexter’s cooperation, so again, Dexter doing it for love would have put Harrison in trouble with the law and Dexter surely knows that.  But Angela would also have to answer questions as well because state police and FBI are going to be on this shooting as well)

• Like 1
  • Love 8

This was worse, IMO, than the original ending. I'll just erase this from my memory and leave Dexter as a lonely lumberjack! 

And I would never watch a spin-off with horrible Harrison. I hated him and him killing Dexter didn't change that! LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

Welp. That's that. My last post about this show is a shitpost. How apt. 

I like how Angela solves in 5 minutes what Miami Metro couldn't do in 10+ years. 

The Mollie trophy looked so much like Audrey to me that I almost thought that was why Angela's face cracked.

I did enjoy the season (minus Deb) but this show could not nail an ending with a nail gun.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, Glade said:

glad Harrison won't be prosecuted for shooting a serial killer fugitive trying to kidnap him.   But making him leave town seems more like 'get away from my daughter' then helping him

That was my biggest issue with the ending. There was no reason Harrison had to run. I actually hoped Harrison would turn around and basically show how different he was from Dexter. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

That was my biggest issue with the ending. There was no reason Harrison had to run. I actually hoped Harrison would turn around and basically show how different he was from Dexter. 

I don't know, he may have to change his identity.  Get rid of that Iron Lake jacket, change name.

Dexter is going to become very famous as the actual Bay Harbor Butcher.  Not good for Harrison to be associated with him.

Even if they don't blame him or persecute him for what Dexter has done, he'd be constantly answering questions about Dexter, how it was like to live with him, etc.

He will become famous, at least for awhile.

He has to disappear, even if he isn't prosecuted for executing Dexter.

From Angela's POV, she didn't even ask questions why Harrison would shoot Dexter from a distance.  She decided immediately to make up a false story (for which she's going to have to answer a lot of questions).

So while she did Harrison a big favor, doesn't mean she wants this teen killer to date her daughter or stepdaughter or adopted daughter.

• Love 2

I think whether you like the finale or not will depend heavily on what you expected from the show.  If you wanted this to be a new multi season series then of course you are going to be let down.   Personally I never expected it to be anything other then a single season story arc to correct the horrible finale of the original.   And for the most part it did. 

All Dexter’s secrets were laid bare.  He was found out with nowhere left to hide.  Batista was on his way and by morning he would be discovered as the Bay Harbor Butcher at last.   All Dexter had left was Harrison.   Now even Harrison who last episode saw him as a vigilante hero realized that Dexter was no such thing.   That his dark passenger wasn’t going along for the ride but instead driving the car.    

I think during the original run I wanted Dexter to get caught and all his secrets discovered for Dexter to finally realize what he had done so Harrison’s line “Open your eyes and look at what you’ve done.” Is how I have always wanted the show to end.

i am fine with Harrison driving away.  It is a shred of hope that Harrison can resist whatever darkness is inside of him.  I am fine with it being over now.   I don’t need a spin-off.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1
  • Love 18
Spoiler

It was at least a more fitting death than book Dexter got, which was basically accidental.

Really disappointed we never got the face to face confrontation between Angel and Dexter we were set up to expect.

How would Angela explain why she was out there in the woods with Harrison’s shotgun? Her shooting Dexter would be plausible enough but only if her own gun was used.

• Love 9

I have to laugh at Molly calling Matt overprivileged (he was of course) while she walked around with the biggest self entitlement in the whole town.   

I was kind of rolling my eyes at the return of snippy Harrison - 3000 miles away from my friends and Audrey. Because Los Angeles wouldn't have 40 million Audreys and no friends. 

Angela is a crack detective now because Dexter scratches his chin and she listened to a podcast. The evidence against Dexter is massively circumstantial. tbh, Dexter framing Kurt was way more logical. Especially in light of Kurt looking like he fled. Wouldn't Dexter be given a chance to pay bail to get out than be stuck in the cell? I'm just having a hard time after nine episodes that Angela is actually effective at this point. I could see if she was actually investigating the case of the missing girls and we ended up here, but it's like, 'oh a screw. You're the bay harbor butcher.' She's not good at crying either. 

tbh, Logan is a better detective figuring out Dexter offed Logan. The actor did a great job with the 'your passenger is driving' monologue. I wish they didn't write him so whiny for so long because the last two episodes he's been very good. Not that being angry isn't believable. 

14 hours ago, bobbyjoe said:

I’m guessing MCH really wanted to be done with Dexter and leave with an ending that at least isn’t maybe the most notoriously bad in tv history, because my understanding is that the ratings have been good; I’m almost surprised they didn’t re-write the ending to let Showtime milk another season or two out of it.

That's the only reason I could think of. He might have even agreed to do the season with that stipulation. I can't fault the actor for wanting to hang the character up, but I'm surprised too. 

Killing Logan was the final straw, but it's also kind of garbage too because Dexter could have just put him in the sleeper and got the keys. Or even thrown Logan in the cell to buy time. Or lied to Harrison flat out. 

5 hours ago, aghst said:

For sure it would have been a bad outcome for Dexter even if they released him because now he’d be on the radar of law enforcement everywhere and there would be a million Molly Parks or true crime detective wannabes all up in his case.

That's actually a better ending. Even though Dexter gets away with it, he's still figuratively imprisoned and can't kill again. With dying, he actually does kind of get away with it. I'm not sure they will have enough without his own testimony to convincingly pin the bay harbor butcher on him or without the resources of an exhaustive trial. It's not like Angel is going to pick up the 100s of cold cases. 

• Love 6

But, wait! What if he arises from the snow? What if snippy son carries it all on and is the new Dexter??

But I have to agree that the writing layout for this season was kind of lame. I watched all the previous seasons on three different binges and wasn't bored not once.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Open Your Eyes and Look at What You've Done! - Perfect Eppi 1 call back.

I didn't hate it.  I felt like they filled in as many holes as the swiss cheese they left us with that they could - And...if MCH wants to come back if they greenlight a spin off, then Harrison's Dark Passenger is MCH. 

OK - one thing I was confused about - the girls in the boxes - did Kurt actually put them in the boxes?  I thought he just dumped them in the cave?  (Which also brings up a very interesting point - when the Highway Patrol, State Cops, etc., roll up in there...aren't they going to look at the unreal amount of bodies in the cabin and in that cave, the deputy, Dexter, and be all 'Girl...what do cops actually DO up in Iron Lake?')

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

For someone haunted by the disappearance of her friend 25 years ago, Dexter did more work to crack the case in less than a week. 

Yeah she's been trying to find the killer for 25 years.  Dexter figured it out in like 10 minutes.

But we're suppose to believe she's the crack detective who figures out Dexter is the BHB.

BTW, she gives a lot more damn about the runaway victims than the drug dealers that Dexter injected with ketamine.  

So why did she have such a hard on to punish Dexter?

She also seems more happy to let Harrison go because he killed Dexter than to finally find out what happened to all those runaways.

• Love 5

Wtf?  The death of Logan was completely unnecessary.  I’m done with the show, if they plant to continue, and Showtime.  Why did they bother with a reboot?  Ridiculous and insulting.  Finally, it’s over for me.  What an embarrassment!  You put that on your son!  Ridiculous. I’m done! 😠 I would have much preferred the lumber jack ending.  What has happened with the producers of tv shows lately?  Must have lost their minds! Total BS!  I hope they aren’t planning on a show with the son 🤣 Pitiful.   I’m embarrassed for Michael C. Hall. First they run a show into the gutter, then they bring it back to rub it in excrement.  Farewell, Dexter.  😒

• Love 5

While I think it's reasonable that LaGuerta would be skeptical of Doakes being the Bay Harbor Butcher, Angel leaping right to Dexter is a bit of a stretch too. They just dropped that right at the end. I would have liked a scene with him up there.

• Love 6
Just now, DoctorAtomic said:

While I think it's reasonable that LaGuerta would be skeptical of Doakes being the Bay Harbor Butcher, Angel leaping right to Dexter is a bit of a stretch too. They just dropped that right at the end. I would have liked a scene with him up there.

Oh did that come up on the original show, what LaGuerta thought of Doakes as the BHB?

Or what Angel thought back then?

Angel said it in this episode. I barely remembered when the show ended. I think it was just 'it's Doakes' and that's it. I was only talking about the scene here - Angel said LaGuerta was skeptical, and then he was heading right up to Iron Lake. It seems a little much to me that all of a sudden Dexter is the prime suspect. Of course, Angel learning Dexter faked his own death is alarming, you'd think they'd have a scene talking about it. 

• Love 2

I think this was a better ending compared to the last one. Dexter either died or he went to jail. So I'm fine that he died and frankly that is what should have happened in the S8 Finale. Lumen is truly the only one who probably was better for having met Dexter.  Everyone else was mostly screwed.  This was one of the better episodes this season. That being said I don't care for them teasing a Dexter/Angel reunion and not actually doing it. It was cool seeing him again but I wanted him to have a confrontation with Dexter. So in typical fashion this show dropped the ball again. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, lala2 said:

This was worse, IMO, than the original ending. I'll just erase this from my memory and leave Dexter as a lonely lumberjack! 

And I would never watch a spin-off with horrible Harrison. I hated him and him killing Dexter didn't change that! LOL! 

I just can't get over Harrison last week calling Dexter a hero for saving thousands and within seconds deciding to kill him -- KILL HIM -- KILL HIS DAD - because his dad killed Coach without any idea of the circumstances. 

I mean Harrison was longing to be with his dad from the start of this series and now they are close and wammo.. Harrison is happy to shoot his dad in a matter of minutes?

Nope not buying that.

For me the only way to save this is to have the parts with Logan's death and after all be a "waking dream" that we have seen Dexter have before -like when he imagined Deb shooting him - but I am guessing Michael Hall is done.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, BooBear said:

I just can't get over Harrison last week calling Dexter a hero for saving thousands and within seconds deciding to kill him -- KILL HIM -- KILL HIS DAD - because his dad killed Coach without any idea of the circumstances. 

That must have been one great jacket. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

For someone haunted by the disappearance of her friend 25 years ago, Dexter did more work to crack the case in less than a week. 

She has a full time job's worth of other duties/cases to attend to in this small town and surely limited funding.  Unlike Dexter, who apparently hasn't been at his job for many weeks and can spend all day llegally stalking/recording people and randomly breaking into their houses based on a whim. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Glade said:

Unlike Dexter, who apparently hasn't been at his job for many weeks and can spend all day llegally stalking/recording people and randomly breaking into their houses based on a whim. 

Dex killed his best customer, so he has lots of free time.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I need help overthinking this.

This whole season felt sloppy and sort of hastily thrown together. I guess we were supposed to take the "Hannah died of cancer" explanation at face value, but ...

We end the episode with Dexter reading aloud the letter he sent to Hannah, explaining his "death." This letter, in part, says (to paraphrase) "unless Harrison starts showing dark tendencies, let me stay dead." Then Hannah dies and Harrison is alone. So:

1) We are to believe that Hannah died of cancer, which could have been quick but probably didn't happen overnight and she made no provisions at all for Harrison's care?

2) Did Hannah keep the letter and Harrison found it, and then learned Dexter was still alive, so he came looking for him?

OR...

3) Did Hannah see some darker tendencies and told Harrison that Dexter was still alive, but didn't have time to reach out to Dexter before Harrison killed her/she died of cancer?

I'm just trying to resolve what I think is a pretty loose end in terms of Hannah. I'm having a hard time believing that newly orphaned, teenaged boy goes through all his mother's personal papers (boring) after her tragic death but without the letter, Harrison has no reason to seek out Dexter because he should believe that his father is long dead... unless Hannah had some reason to tell him that his father had faked his death all those years ago. And then, said teenaged boy tracks down his father, who has legally changed his name to something not totally uncommon AND makes his way to the middle-of-nowhere upstate New York, all on his own (no matter how book- and street- smart this kid is supposed to be).

It's all just sort of sloppy storytelling, right? Not some grander storyline we were supposed to get?

• Like 1
  • Love 11

No way any BHB victims have tox reports. Most of the blood will have gone into the water but even with bodies that go into the water whole (like a drowning victim), the water gets into the body's fluids and tissues and dilutes things so much you can't get any reliable toxicological readings. Also, the bodies would not be in such pristine condition that a needle mark would remain, even if some magic "police database" allowed her easy access to the decade old records of an agency in another state. The threat to send him to Florida was laughable. They have even less evidence against him than she does, and she had a clean titanium screw she couldn't prove he even knew was in his arsoned house. 

All he really needed to do was sit tight. She had nothing on him. If this were Law & Order, they would still be stuck in the first act. But since the audience knows he did those things, they super shortcut the evidence to act like he was in danger. His best bet was to ride it out with puzzled patience and continue to aim people toward Kurt.

And, most of all, how dumb is Angela? She found those bodies in a warrantless search of Kurt's home. They are so illegally obtained and no court would ever let him be tried, much less convicted, on those bodies. Dexter was essentially trading himself for them, but since she can't follow the tiniest bit of procedure, it's a good thing Kurt is mysteriously vanished. Even TV lawyering should show she's still as horrible as she seemed when pulling Jim over to have sex on duty.

I also hate the ending for Harrison and that it makes no sense, but everyone else has that part covered so I thought I'd go over some additional territory.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, paigow said:

Logan is dead because Angela does not share information. Dex was secured, Logan could have gone to the cabin with her. Alternatively, all 3 of them could have gone.

There would have to be someone in the police station at all times when someone is in lockup. There's a danger of fire, medical emergency (e.g. heart attack), and suicide, just for starters.

There's probably protocol about taking a suspected violent criminal out on some sort of expedition, too. Two cops would not be considered enough. And there was no reason for Angela to take Dexter anyway. He gave clear and specific directions.

Logan's death isn't on Angela. Of course the guilt is all Dexter's. Logan did fail to be properly cautious. Not telling Dexter to back up, just leaving his hand right there for Dexter to grab? (Which goes to show that a Logan/Angela/Dexter expedition to the cabin would have been a similarly bad idea.)

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Ailianna said:

Also, the bodies would not be in such pristine condition that a needle mark would remain, even if some magic "police database" allowed her easy access to the decade old records of an agency in another state.

How would they know the Bay Harbor Butcher injects his victims? Did that come up in the original show?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

How would they know the Bay Harbor Butcher injects his victims? Did that come up in the original show?

Angela deduced it from magic autopsy photos and impossible tox reports. Dexter didn't originally use ketamine.

• Love 10

I'm sure this will all be nitpicking to death but fuck it.

I think they fucking nailed it.

Angela and Harrison saw Dexter for who he really is.

They showed all of Dexter's stripes in the end. At the end of the day, he wants to kill more than anything else. Nothing or no one would ever be able to stop him from doing that. 

I didn't want Logan to die but that was the last step to show how much Dexter is full of shit when it comes to his code.

He is also 100 percent poison to those close to him. 

I hate that Harrison had to kill to be rid of Dexter. But, that is also how far gone Dexter truly is. He could never turn himself in. He could never just fold. It's his last selfish act coded as love.

• Love 11

The only good thing is that at the end they showed Dexter in unfiltered, full-on psychopath mode. Gaslighting Angela, Killing Logan, and doing yet more heinous injury to his son as his final acts. I believe Dexter's last high was manipulating Harrison into his first kill. It is what Dexter was looking forward to, not what was best for Harrison. I'm sure Dexter didn't see Harrison's first kill being himself, but I think Dexter felt successful in that moment and gave Harrison a "good job" as his last words. Dexter could have just as easily taken the truck and ran, killed himself later, or charged Harrison so it would be a clear self-defense shooting.

There was a better story in there somewhere, with Logan gradually showing Harrison what a true father figure might be, while Dexter ignored Harrison's reluctance to be his sidekick, and Harrison's growing horror about what Dexter really is.

PS. Dexter having to face Angel, and Angel getting to speak his piece, would have been so satisfying. So thanks for depriving me of that, show! 

• Like 1
  • Love 11

That was awful. 

That said, people really think Dexter is dead? Didn't he even say in the narration at the end "if I'm really dead"?

If there is interest and budget, he will be back. Not sure if there will be interest though. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

The only good thing is that at the end they showed Dexter in unfiltered, full-on psychopath mode

Yep. The manipulative, lying monster came out, the one who could talk his way out of anything - sacrifice, use or eliminate anyone so as not to get caught. I think he might have this time too, had he not panicked at hearing about Angel. But at least he managed to ruin one final life before departing this Vale of Tears. Now Harrison is a murderer too, with his father's death on his hands. He was never like Dexter. He just wanted "a normal life", as his mother did. What they got was Dexter and neither of them ever had a chance.

"Open your eyes and look at what you've done!" Clever, working in the words Dexter said at the first murder we saw him commit in the OS.

Dex, you should never given that "Police Work for Dummies" book to Angela, although her coming up with him being the Bay Harbour Butcher had me saying, "Oh, come on!" How exactly did she link him to those murders? Stop saying "Ketamine" Angela. There is no goddam ketamine That pissed me off.

As for Angel, he never believed Dexter was the BHB, even after Maria arrested him. I'm sure he still wouldn't believe it and now there is way less proof than there ever was, like - zero proof.

I wanted Dexter to die at the end of the OS, but I never thought he would and I have to admit I got a little emotional when Deb held his hand.

Ding, dong, the monster's dead.

1 hour ago, DoctorAtomic said:

No one knows that.

• Love 3