Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Sins of the Father

• Start Topic

On 4/3/2022 at 8:19 AM, 30 Helens said:

(Side note: Anyone who thought the series was crap probably never read the books. Imagine Dexter’s dark passenger as an actual entity— an Aztec spirit who possesses him and makes him kill; or picture Astor and Cody as budding psychopaths who force Dexter to teach them how to murder; and after you throw the book across the room like I did, you might appreciate the storytelling approach of Clyde Phillips a little more.)

Wait? Seriously? Aztec spirit? 🤨Hmm... now I'm wondering how much different are Longmire books from the TV series Longmire...

On 1/12/2022 at 3:51 PM, Proclone said:

As a side note it actually doesn't bother me that Angela figured out Dexter was the Bay Harbour Butcher when Miami Metro couldn't.  She had the information that Dexter faked his own death, fled Miami and abandoned his son, and has been living under an assumed name for the last ten years.  He's not a big leap to conclude that he might be a really shady character.  Miami Metro only knew him as a mild mannered family guy and coworker.  Her being suspcion of him does not make her some super cop or make it a plot hole.  Miami Metro (as a whole) not being suscpious doesn't make them all dumb.  Nor does Angel coming around quickly to Dexter being the BHB after finding out he faked his death seem out of character.  Imagine you found out that about a former friend?  You might be willing to believe they were a serial killer all of a sudden too.

Finally finished to have some thinky thoughts about this. I know I am super late to the party.

I found it odd that Angela went to "He's the Bay Harbour Butcher" simply because its a solved case with very very little suggestion that anyone other than James Doakes was the killer.

I also found it hard to believe that there's a woman doing a lurid podcast about murders who didn't latch on to all the creepiness of the Morgan siblings. Debra Morgan dated the Icetruck Killer and was almost murdered by him. Dexter Morgan her brother was assaulted publicly by James Doakes and was covered by bodyguards from the FBI due to the threat. Dexter is also best pals with Miguel Prada, a well known victim of the Skinner. Dexter Morgan's wife is killed by the Trinity Killer, while Debra Morgan is shot by Trinity's daughter. Debra ends up dead due to the Brain Surgeon and Dexter disappears with her body into a storm.... Thats a whole lotta serial killer action for two siblings not in the FBI's BAU. Not to mention that it would really only take a little bit of digging to find out that Dexter was the Ice Truck Killer's brother - everyone who knew or cared thinks Dexter is dead so why wouldn't that tidbit slip out?

And this is a weird hill to die on but.... I found it really strange that Clancy Brown aka the rich serial murderer somehow had a massive underground shelter built without half the townies knowing he had one hell of a bomb shelter built in the woods. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1