Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Wake Up Call

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I disagree. Sander is a pain in the a--. He needs to stop getting all up in her business. She'll find her way, like we all do - clumsily, with many mistakes - and then getting back up off the ground. But the way Sander rails at her, the subtext is all "Be perfect, be perfect, be perfect."  That's the last thing Jazz needs to hear. The only thing you can ever shame someone into is more shame.

I like Greg. He has the most realistic and loving approach. The rest of them need to give Jazz room to breathe - which hopefully she'll get at college. I still wish she had gone to the other school, though.

Jazz specifically goes to Sander and demands that he help her, whether it's with her weight loss journey or organizing her many little events that she really can't handle putting together without having a mental breakdown. And everything he said to her was the truth. The only part of this I agree with is that they do need to let her fail because they've coddled her for too long and now she's literally incapable of even grocery shopping for herself. But I think the family has gotten used to having to "manage" her and especially Jeanette will never really "let go."

21 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Seriously! Are they all psychotropic drugs? I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist but it makes me think: No wonder she can't wake up naturally. And have they looked into how those drugs affect the appetite?

Many of them are likely related to her surgeries and her transition - lots of hormone replacements and stuff like that. Just because she had bottom surgery doesn't mean her endocrine system isn't still producing "male" hormones that she doesn't want and isn't producing female ones that she does.

8 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

As I stated above, I’m not a regular viewer but I am aware of the general outline of Jazz’s “journey.” From where I sit, it looks like everything in Jazz’s world was focused on transitioning and surgery and, because she and the people around her put so much emphasis on that, her emotional and psychological problems went unnoticed. She thought (maybe led to believe) that making the full transition was going to be the thing that makes her happy; however, once that was achieved, she could no longer fool herself into believing that after “the next thing,” life would be wonderful and all her problems would be solved. They weren’t. So now what?

I said something similar after one of the last episodes, the surgery was her "holy grail" but now that she's gotten it and her emotional issues haven't magically been all healed, she is floundering without a goal that's supposed to "fix" her issues and turned to binge eating to fill the hole. I think she probably expected that once she got her surgery she would feel a ton better but she still has anxiety issues and suffers from depression and her family has settled into unhealthy patterns over the years and those issues don't just go away with surgery. I know she's supposedly in therapy but I think maybe she needs to switch to a new one because her current one doesn't seem to be helping her emotional issues much.

And my biggest issue is that I think Jazz feels pressure to be this "beacon" for other trans kids like her and be completely open but also not put out anything too negative because it can come back not only on her but on trans kids everywhere and I think that's far too much pressure for anyone of any age, but especially a very young girl with mental health issues. She shouldn't be "required" to throw herself on the cross for the sake of trans kids everywhere but she seems to feel like she has to and I think she hasn't had a chance to really process everything she's been through and it's causing a lot of issues for her emotionally. I truly hope that she is able to work through her issues and become the happy woman she wants to be but I don't think her job as a "spokeswoman for trans kids everywhere" is helping her at this point in her life.

Edited by missnoa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

It's painful .. I get it!   as I'm the parent of 2 grown boys...men I should say, lol.  ( Secretly they'll always forever be my *boys*)  but they need to let Jazz go ..fly on her own.   Will she make mistakes and fail at things?  Yep, probably so.  Painful mistakes.   But that is how you grow and progress.   Like I said, I get it.   I still want to parent my boys a lot.   But then I remember....that will only stunt them .  And believe me, they've made mistakes.  I'm trying to be there for one going through a divorce.   I really have to bite my tongue sometimes.   To remind myself, he is a grown man.          ( He's 28)

Sorry to go on and on... I shouldn't have had that second, umm...3rd gin and tonic  😁 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, missnoa said:

Jazz specifically goes to Sander and demands that he help her, whether it's with her weight loss journey or organizing her many little events that she really can't handle putting together without having a mental breakdown. And everything he said to her was the truth.

Many of them are likely related to her surgeries and her transition - lots of hormone replacements and stuff like that. Just because she had bottom surgery doesn't mean her endocrine system isn't still producing "male" hormones that she doesn't want and isn't producing female ones that she does.

I'm pretty sure Sander started last night's argument. As far as I remember, she was just fixing food and he jumped on her.  You can empathize with someone without shaming them OR doing things for them. He's just bossy and a know-it-all; at least, he's edited that way.  

And she's only 20. I would have hated to have my 20s splashed across TV.

I think you're right about the hormones.

I also think the daily weigh-in is a bad idea. Weight doesn't drop that fast unless you're sick or starving, and the lack of discernible progress can make someone feel defeated. Too frequent picture-taking can be discouraging, too.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 6

Jazz has been exhibiting this lazy behavior for years.  She’s slept late, spent her days in bed or on the couch covered in a blanket.  I agree with others upthread that Jazz, as well as the rest of the family, believed that once her bottom surgery was performed, she would be complete, ready to move on with her life as the person she always knew she was.  Unfortunately this hasn’t come to fruition.  She must be going to a psychiatrist for her mental illness meds, why isn’t she discussing her inability to get out of bed and stop over eating with this person?  There are some primary care doctors that prescribe some antidepressants but in Jazz’s case that would be a travesty.

It’s clear that the entire family is tired of Jazz and her delusions of change.  The parents marriage is suffering. No one knows how to fix this.  It can only be done by Jazz.

They are paying this nutritionist and then we see her buying frozen Mac & Cheese!   Making green juuce and eating salads isn’t the answer.  After she drinks that green juice she’s heading out for some donuts.  It’s just a mess all around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, all4mom2 said:

She appears to have multiple emotional support cats.

The full tabby seemed supportive but the tabby & white one seemed to be tired of her.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9

I think maybe their entire dynamic was demonstrated in a single scene.  Jeanette yells for Jazz to come into the bedroom and points out her dilation gel.  Jazz goes to grab it and Jeanette says something to the effect that she didn't need to remove it right now.  Okay, then why have her come into the bedroom to ask what it's doing there?

As they're talking Jeanette and Greg are lying on their bed and between them is a blanket with a full size image of Jazz on it.  What's more they have it wrapped around a body pillow or something to give it dimension.  Which is kind of weird.

But not as weird as Jazz using their bed to lie on and dilate while watching tv.  I'm almost positive she has her own bed and her own tv.  But she chooses to go to her parents' room?

Meanwhile, Jeanette needs a break from Jazz and to get some "me time" this week, so she goes to get sexy pictures while drinking with her friends.  As opposed to last week, when she needed some "me time" to go get shitfaced with her friends while postulating on her son's sex life.  Or the previous week when she needed some "me time" to go out with three other women to go to a class with a naked male model.  And wine.

Jeanette seems to need a lot of me time and it seems to always involve sex, alcohol and having other women around to validate her.

Edited by Sile
fixing syntax
  • Useful 3
  • Love 20

I think it's important to remember Jazz was bullied throughout her life. Didn't someone call up and leave a message that he was going to kill her? Probably not the first such call since she went public. She may be able to speak very positively, but her muscle memory is probably "it's dangerous out there." She doesn't know anyone at school yet. She probably needs what are called corrective experiences, or something like that - not tough love or being shamed, but good experiences in the world. 

I had a very hardworking roommate when I was about that age, a lawyer - but she, too, was someone who just could not wake up in the morning. I would have to go into her room and shut off her blaring clock radio, which was right next to her head - she slept through it. I can sleep through almost anything (and I have) except my alarm clock.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Sile said:

As they're talking Jeanette and Greg are lying on their bed and between them is a blanket with a full size image of Jazz on it.  What's more they have it wrapped around a body pillow or something to give it dimension.  Which is kind of weird.

But not as weird as Jazz using their bed to lie on and dilate while watching tv.  I'm almost positive she has her own bed and her own tv.  But she chooses to go to her parents' room?

Meanwhile, Jeanette needs a break from Jazz and to get some "me time" this week, so she goes to get sexy pictures while drinking with her friends.  As opposed to last week, when she needed some "me time" to go get shitfaced with her friends while postulating on her son's sex life.  Or the previous week when she needed some "me time" to go out with three other women to go to a class with a naked male model.  And wine.

Jeanette seems to need a lot of me time and it seems to always involve sex, alcohol and having other women around to validate her.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who found the Jazz face blanket extremely odd. And not the only who could do without all the weird "'old' women do things involving sex, isn't this somehow weird/funny??" parts of the show. I feel like everyone is floundering this season...except Greg who is barely around compared to the last seasons for whatever reason.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Sile said:

I think maybe their entire dynamic was demonstrated in a single scene.  Jeanette yells for Jazz to come into the bedroom and points out her dilation gel.  Jazz goes to grab it and Jeanette says something to the effect that she didn't need to remove it right now.  Okay, then why have her come into the bedroom to ask what it's doing there?

Yes! What the f*** was with the blanket with Jazz’s face on it?! On their bed!🤢🤔😳. They also need therapy! 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

Ari looks especially done with the whole mess. She barely looks and Jazz and seems to barely tolerate being on the same room with her. Honestly,  it would be hard to be the sibling of such an attention hog as Jazz. It seems the whole focus of the entire family for decades has been All About Jazz. Sander is desperately trying to turn attention to himself. Ari is just checked out. 

I have no doubt the siblings were neglected their entire lives to some degree, by their mother especially. It’s sad really. What a dysfunctional family. They should have all been seeing a therapist from the beginning.  

• Love 10

I feel this episode pieced together a bunch of different clips.  There were some when Jazz was really heavy (like when she and Griffen were making the smoothies) and then others where it was clear she had lost some weight, maybe 30 pounds or so.

They really don't have any other storylines and just filmed and hoped for the best and now have to put together all of the episodes.

• Love 4

I don't see how Jazz can recover from her childhood, as far as how Jeanette coddled her.  I think Greg knows it, but doesn't want to admit it.  Two scenes that really jumped out was Jazz talking to Ari about being a nutrition buddy, and as Ari was talking about how she will give opinion, but if you don't listen, I'm not going to waste my time and energy.  To which Jazz is dancing around and doesn't even hear what was being said.  She is living in a world Jeanette created, and the world will pass her by.  The 2nd scene of course was grocery shopping.  I don't remember which twin mentioned Jazz hasn't been shopping since little, but you have Jazz trying to prove they are responsible by going to store to buy "healthy" food.  No plan, No list, no budget, eye balls hazelnut spread, cupcakes, chips etc.  has no idea what to do, so has to call mom.  All of this at 20 years old.  Crazy.   

• Love 11

No one needs daily weigh ins in front of the family. How humiliating that Jeanette expects Jazz to weigh in every day so the family can rag at her about it. No legitimate nutritionist would insist on daily weigh ins and many them don’t get involved at all in actual weight because their job is teaching healthy eating. If Jazz was my daughter I would not focus on weight at all but focus on her job and encouraging her to do things she enjoys. Her medications combined with depression have a lot to do with her weight. A mother should never talk about hating her child’s body, how about hate it that she is depressed and unhappy. The obsession some people have with looking a certain way even if it is impossible due to circumstances, makes me sad. Jazz was bullied as a teen and continues to be bullied by her family. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 14
On 1/4/2022 at 11:20 PM, Katie111 said:

How did Jazz get into Harvard?  I know she is an activist and a TV Personality but she honestly does not seem that brilliant.   She doesn’t seem to have many basic life skills.  I do know some Ivy League grads who seem to be lacking in common sense but she seems to just be lacking in brains in general.  

Harvard (and some other highly competitive colleges) are known for their "celebrity admits."  They have tons of kids applying with perfect GPAs, perfect SATs, 5s on every AP test possible, as well as SGA president/editor of student news/all around athlete, and most of those kids don't even get in!  A college like Harvard can pick and choose, so they go for people who might make life interesting or colorful for everyone else. It's no mystery how she got into Harvard -- she is a minor celebrity with an interesting life story, and her grades from her online school were good enough to suggest she could muddle through.  That's their prerogative, and it is their way of balancing out the brainiacs. 

That said, I don't think Harvard, Pomona (a VERY rigorous school in California), or any other super competitive school would have been the right choice for someone with her mental health issues, and I worry for the kid that she will end up feeling like a failure. 

A few years ago, I had a student go to a school in Florida called New College of Florida. It was small, kind of offbeat, and filled with homeschool kids. That would have been a far better place for her and, since it is a Florida State College, would have allowed her to declare independence and break free from the fam if needed. I would still love to see her check that out.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Luchy said:

A few years ago, I had a student go to a school in Florida called New College of Florida. It was small, kind of offbeat, and filled with homeschool kids. That would have been a far better place for her and, since it is a Florida State College, would have allowed her to declare independence and break free from the fam if needed. I would still love to see her check that out.

Don't most home-schoolers tend to be rather religious and conservative?  Jazz comes from a family that's quite liberal -- not to say libertine.  Not sure how well she'd fit in there, with all her proselytizing.  But nothing wrong with starting out at the local community college...  She could then transfer to either the state college that was good enough for her three siblings OR her heart's desire, Pomona.  Why isn't this "Plan B," Jeanette?  Probably because that Harvard Mom bumper sticker.

Edited by all4mom2
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Jazz has been exhibiting this lazy behavior for years.  She’s slept late, spent her days in bed or on the couch covered in a blanket.  I agree with others upthread that Jazz, as well as the rest of the family, believed that once her bottom surgery was performed, she would be complete, ready to move on with her life as the person she always knew she was.  Unfortunately this hasn’t come to fruition.  She must be going to a psychiatrist for her mental illness meds, why isn’t she discussing her inability to get out of bed and stop over eating with this person?  There are some primary care doctors that prescribe some antidepressants but in Jazz’s case that would be a travesty.

It’s clear that the entire family is tired of Jazz and her delusions of change.  The parents marriage is suffering. No one knows how to fix this.  It can only be done by Jazz.

In my experience there are 2 kinds of therapists - ones who tell you what you need to hear, and ones who tell you what you want to hear.  I would guess, and actually seem to remember that we have seen, that Jazz only puts up with the second type. 

And I don't think Jazz has the experience, knowledge or ability to change her entire family dynamic.  People can only change themselves.  Clearly Ari has had it with their crap and is getting out.  Jeannette could let Jazz "prove" she's got things under control by leaving her be.  Jazz could follow through with what she says she's going to do.  I don't think Jeanette will let go of anything because she likes being the one in control, AND I think she loves being on tv more than any of them.

The thing that was irritating me with Jeanette and Sander were their THs about how Jazz always "gets their hopes up" and then they are "so let down" by her.  They need to find their own things to get excited and happy about.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, all4mom2 said:
1 hour ago, Luchy said:

Don't most home-schoolers tend to be rather religious and conservative?

Not necessarily. A lot of homeschoolers have kids who parents thought would be damaged/crushed by formal school -- the kids whose parents thought they were brilliant, creative, often LD or unusual for other reasons (like being trans). Similar population to the virtual school where Jazz ended up. That's the population of New School. It's a little island of nonconformity on the west coast of Florida. But yeah, anywhere less stressful would be better, especially if the kid could live on her own for a while.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, princelina said:

The thing that was irritating me with Jeanette and Sander were their THs about how Jazz always "gets their hopes up" and then they are "so let down" by her.  They need to find their own things to get excited and happy about.

Spot on with this Princelina.  

• Love 9

I'm no doctor, but wouldn't blocking puberty severely affect Jazz regarding stuff other than sexual characteristics? Wouldn't this make Jazz more similar to a 12 year old than the average 20 year old, even excluding all the transgender issues?

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Wizardpatch said:

I'm no doctor, but wouldn't blocking puberty severely affect Jazz regarding stuff other than sexual characteristics? Wouldn't this make Jazz more similar to a 12 year old than the average 20 year old, even excluding all the transgender issues?

I’m not sure that anyone, doctors included, really know all the side effects of puberty blocking. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, princelina said:

I don’t watch the show anymore because I am simply fed up with it.  What an awful thing to say, and on national television. Then they wonder why Jazz has issues.  Her mother created this situation, in my opinion. 

And to comment on a post above at the grocery store, ANY 20-year-old knows that hazelnut spread, and chips, and cupcakes, is not healthy food. They do not need to call their mommy.  Those are the things she wants. She is not mistaking them for healthy alternatives.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:
4 hours ago, Wizardpatch said:

I’m not sure that anyone, doctors included, really know all the side effects of puberty blocking. 

This has been discussed a LOT on these threads and the show. They don't know all the side effects of blocking but if you go back to the seasons before and during her bottom surgery there is much talk about why Dr. Bowers wanted her to go off blockers for a short time to make her surgery easier.

2 minutes ago, Kid said:

I don’t watch the show anymore because I am simply fed up with it.  What an awful thing to say, and on national television. Then they wonder why Jazz has issues.  Her mother created this situation, in my opinion. 

And to comment on a post above at the grocery store, ANY 20-year-old knows that hazelnut spread, and chips, and cupcakes, is not healthy food. They do not need to call their mommy.  Those are the things she wants. She is not mistaking them for healthy alternatives.

I'm old and sometimes look longingly at things in the supermarket that I can't get.

People in AA call their sponsors when they get an urge to drink, so what's so bad about Jazz calling her mom?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I'm old and sometimes look longingly at things in the supermarket that I can't get.

People in AA call their sponsors when they get an urge to drink, so what's so bad about Jazz calling her mom?

There is such a thing as Overeaters Anonymous and I think it would help Jazz greatly. A sponsor is different than your mommy.  In addition to giving you support when you’re weak and about to eat a cupcake, a sponsor makes you look at what’s causing you to want that cupcake, propose things that you can do that can take your mind off of that cupcake, They show you ways to own up to your life and take responsibility for your life and your decision making,  they have no vested interest in keeping you dependent. Until you get to the cause of the addiction, you can’t fix yourself.  In addition, a sponsor is not going to go on national TV and say how disappointed they are in you all the time. A sponsor is dealing with an addiction themselves and they understand your thinking process and can help you to change that thinking process.  

By the way, a good therapist will do the same thing as a sponsor.

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Kid said:

There is such a thing as Overeaters Anonymous and I think it would help Jazz greatly. A sponsor is different than your mommy.  In addition to giving you support when you’re weak and about to eat a cupcake, a sponsor makes you look at what’s causing you to want that cupcake, propose things that you can do that can take your mind off of that cupcake, They show you ways to own up to your life and take responsibility for your life and your decision making,  they have no vested interest in keeping you dependent. Until you get to the cause of the addiction, you can’t fix yourself.  In addition, a sponsor is not going to go on national TV and say how disappointed they are in you all the time. A sponsor is dealing with an addiction themselves and they understand your thinking process and can help you to change that thinking process.  

By the way, a good therapist will do the same thing as a sponsor.

I agree.

• Love 4

From what I’ve read, Jazz was identified as gifted and talented at an early age and her graduating GPA was a 5.4. It’s easy to assume otherwise based on her lack of maturity (and scenes edited for entertaining purposes) — but I do believe she’s intelligent. At the same time, academic intelligence isn’t the magic wand society makes it out to be. Intelligence standing alone amidst a dumpster fire of familial abuse, mental health challenges, medical and surgical issues, maternal enmeshment, early exploitation  — won’t be enough to guarantee success at Harvard. I can’t see how adding Harvard to an already complicated equation could be any good here. I just don’t see how it could work.  Unless I’m missing something and she’s applied for disability accommodations and a reduced courseload under her mental health diagnoses.

This episode made me so sad. Her family is so toxic. Her mother acts like a child tossing away a doll that’s no longer fun to play with. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I don't think Jazz really evens wants to go to Harvard.  I wonder if that is why she overeats. I think she feels everyone expects this of her but she is feeling she won't be able to handle Harvard.  She needs to be honest with herself and her family and break the chain connected to her overbearing mom.  What exactly does Sander do all day?  Maybe the mom needs to get on him.

• Love 11
On 1/8/2022 at 10:20 AM, Kathy said:

I don't think Jazz really evens wants to go to Harvard.  I wonder if that is why she overeats. I think she feels everyone expects this of her but she is feeling she won't be able to handle Harvard.  She needs to be honest with herself and her family and break the chain connected to her overbearing mom.  What exactly does Sander do all day?  Maybe the mom needs to get on him.

Well he chats up transgender women so that his mom can speculate about his sex life on tv!  Isn't that enough? 😳

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

Don't most home-schoolers tend to be rather religious and conservative? 

New College of Florida is a state university so there's a mix of all different students.  And as a HS parent, I've run into all kinds of HS families - some of my old HS friends were hippie-types that were more into "unschooling" and not the religious kind. 

IMHO New College would be a better fit for Jazz - it's probably three hours away from family by car - close enough to drive over in an emergency, but far enough away for her to learn independence.  And the whole grocery store shopping debacle was ridiculous.  She's 20.  She went to the nutritionist.  She should have some kind of list of "healthier" foods or at least Google it before going. 

Back in the day, I went to Weight Watchers and lost a good amount of weight, and they advocated weighing every day. They also let us know that weight can change from day to day and not to get hung up on a pound up or down here and there. Does Jazz go to therapy? She could even do something like Noom which addresses emotional reasons for weight gain.  Anything except having her family harangue on her.  That doesn't seem to be working too well.  

• Love 1
On 1/4/2022 at 7:30 PM, Yokosmom said:

She is in no shape to go to a competitive place like Harvard.

Harvard wouldn't have considered this candidate for an instant. Jazz never applied to college, obviously.

On 1/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Katie111 said:

How did Jazz get into Harvard?  I know she is an activist and a TV Personality but she honestly does not seem that brilliant.   She doesn’t seem to have many basic life skills.  I do know some Ivy League grads who seem to be lacking in common sense but she seems to just be lacking in brains in general.  

Jazz didn't get into Harvard, obviously. The whole thing is a fabrication and Harvard is disgusted and not responding. I doubt Jazz ever applied to any college.

• Love 1
On 1/6/2022 at 1:36 PM, Luchy said:

Harvard (and some other highly competitive colleges) are known for their "celebrity admits."  They have tons of kids applying with perfect GPAs, perfect SATs, 5s on every AP test possible, as well as SGA president/editor of student news/all around athlete, and most of those kids don't even get in!  A college like Harvard can pick and choose, so they go for people who might make life interesting or colorful for everyone else. It's no mystery how she got into Harvard -- she is a minor celebrity with an interesting life story, and her grades from her online school were good enough to suggest she could muddle through.  That's their prerogative, and it is their way of balancing out the brainiacs. 

No Harvard is known for the opposite. Jazz clearly was never admitted. And online high school is bullshit for parents too lazy to drive their kids to school a block away.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Onefineday said:

If she wasn't going to go to Harvard they would have dropped the storyline and said she needs time alone to focus on her mental health and never mentioned it again.

Ah there's still time for that 😉

• Love 2
On 1/7/2022 at 10:54 PM, Raven314 said:

From what I’ve read, Jazz was identified as gifted and talented at an early age and her graduating GPA was a 5.4. It’s easy to assume otherwise based on her lack of maturity (and scenes edited for entertaining purposes) — but I do believe she’s intelligent. At the same time, academic intelligence isn’t the magic wand society makes it out to be. Intelligence standing alone amidst a dumpster fire of familial abuse, mental health challenges, medical and surgical issues, maternal enmeshment, early exploitation  — won’t be enough to guarantee success at Harvard. I can’t see how adding Harvard to an already complicated equation could be any good here. I just don’t see how it could work.  Unless I’m missing something and she’s applied for disability accommodations and a reduced courseload under her mental health diagnoses.

This episode made me so sad. Her family is so toxic. Her mother acts like a child tossing away a doll that’s no longer fun to play with. 

I think it's important to point out that a lot of people get high grades and are identified as "gifted" through their regular school years but then find when they transition from the K-12 school environment and into college/more of the "real world" they kind of flounder a bit. The transition can be really hard and for kids used to be "gifted" and excelling all the time, when they start to falter or outright fail it can wreak havoc on your self esteem. A lot of people kind of stop trying because if you don't even start, then you don't have to deal with "failing." I wonder if maybe that has happened to Jazz, who already has a ton of pressure outside of transitioning into adulthood to deal with.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:50 PM, Ucross said:

Harvard wouldn't have considered this candidate for an instant. Jazz never applied to college, obviously.

Jazz didn't get into Harvard, obviously. The whole thing is a fabrication and Harvard is disgusted and not responding. I doubt Jazz ever applied to any college.

If Jazz was lying about getting into Harvard, I seriously doubt Harvard wouldn't speak up about it, especially since if it seems to the public that they are not "accommodating" a trans kid's mental health needs. They had her decide between Harvard and another college as a whole storyline too, they likely would have spoken up then that she hadn't applied or gotten in if that was the case. It makes zero sense for them (or TLC) to risk lying about it.

• Love 4
On 1/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, jacksgirl said:

Yes times 1000. They obviously got lots of help from medical professionals when Jazz told them as a young child she was a girl. Time now to stop filming and invest in some serious mental health help. She may need inpatient care, it seems that serious. Greg,  Jeanette and fam are not equipped to handle Jazz' mental health issues. 

I believe Jazz was coached by Jeanette as a young child . Jeanette is the cause of how awful Jazz’ life is currently . And Jeanette can’t have Jazz go into intensive therapy and realize all that . The family blaming Jazz and bullying her for her situation is just sad .  I hope Jazz can break free one day but that may never happen , she was stunted at a young age and will never experience what most young women do in life. It’s sad to watch. 

• Love 7

I quit watching after last season. I think I mentioned New College in one of the threads.  I still think it would have been a better choice for her than Harvard which she almost certainly chose to please the parents.  One of my younger cousins went there; he is a trans man. It was a great fit. 

• Love 1
On 1/5/2022 at 12:32 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

I caught some of the show and I am not a usual watcher so maybe I’m out in left field, but wouldn’t they all be better off sending Jazz off to some 90 day rehab/weight loss place/somewhere she could get some therapy while learning some life skills while she’s there? It seems like such an obvious option to me.

Calling DR NOW!!!!!