Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E08: Week 8

JenE4
  • Start Topic

This guy calling out Peter for his, “Buh-buh-buh-buh-buh-jornooooo!” was kind of funny. Bring up the Yelp reviews! The pool water review “was a little suspicious,” lol. For the First Time in Bachelor History, someone was served with a lawsuit on TMTA. But too much with the pizza guy, let’s move on. We got the guy with the Napoleon complex and the other one with the frosted tips to tear apart.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

This guy has to cram to learn how to pretend to be interested in getting to know someone.

“Word on the street” is Martin had a girlfriend. He made the fatal mistake of telling loud-mouth Peter.

Chris told Rick “that better looking women beep his beep.” Punch his face? Kick his balls?

Go, Olu, with your whole-ass masters degree! How fucking racist to assume he’s “low IQ”! Fuck you, Chris. Olu is the epitome of Black excellence, indeed! He’s certainly the fan favorite in this studio audience.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 21

All of these guys are tearing each other’s throats out, but Jamie had a be sequestered backstage because he’s an entirely different level of villain or something? Oh, because instead of fighting with 1-3 guys, EVERYONE hates him—aside from Romeo who was enamored with him. Casey has smack to talk about ALL of these guys! I don’t think we heard him talk once on the show. But he actually has some good comments, and I vaguely remember him as one of the two white guys with beards. Not sure what happened to the other one. Did he shave?

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jeez, why’d they make Tayshia talk about her engagement ending right in the middle of the show?! Poor woman had to rush off-stage. I guess it’s a good thing they have two hosts after all.

Edited by JenE4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10

They showed us two of the three women Clayton says I love you to?!? And he tells two women together he was intimate with both of them? They usually don’t make a mass announcement after fantasy suites, so did this happen before or something? This season does look pretty dramatic.

• Love 6
(edited)

Uh, Jamie, I think they want you to apologize to Michelle, not tell her that she carried herself well. What’s with all of this “coaching” talk? Why are Jamie and Michelle taking it upon themselves to coach the rest of the contestants? Okay, after a 5-minute dressing down, he apologizes.

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 3

So I folded and watched MTA. Michelle is definitely a class act. Wish we had spent more time with Casey and Romeo this season than all the other drama queens we had to endure. They’re really trying to sell Clayton to us and I’m not buying it. 

• Love 12

That one guy is like this pizza is pretty okay in the hopes that the defamation lawsuit will be dropped.

Okay, final 3 preview… ”I feel like we went from bros to foes.” That line was spectacular.

Taysha and Olu hugging. Is it too soon to ship them? Considering how quickly Katie moved on, I’m thinking it’s not?

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

That one guy is like this pizza is pretty okay in the hopes that the defamation lawsuit will be dropped.

Okay, final 3 preview… ”I feel like we went from bros to foes.” That line was spectacular.

Taysha and Olu hugging. Is it too soon to ship them? Considering how quickly Katie moved on, I’m thinking it’s not?

I was thinking the same thing!! OLU and Tay. Does Kaitlyn look pregnant to anyone? I don’t follow her on social media but she looks more filled out (not a bad thing).

• Love 2

I'm all in for Tayisha and Olu. He seems like a really good guy.

The beginning was like a Jerry Springer show. Very trashy. I was waiting for a few chairs to be tossed. 

I really like Michelle. She has been a great bachelorette.

Rodney would have been a fantastic bachelor. What a sweet guy!

1 minute ago, Kerbearjo said:

I was thinking the same thing!! OLU and Tay. Does Kaitlyn look pregnant to anyone? I don’t follow her on social media but she looks more filled out (not a bad thing).

Kaitlyn is going on tour with DWTS starting in January I think, so I doubt it. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8

I didn't watch the season but decided to watch TMTA.  As a result, I feel like I have seen the entirety of the dramatic moments of the season as well as who the designated villains were.  Although I could tell that Peter thought extremely highly of himself, I felt it was unfair that they only showed negative reviews of his pizza (and felt like Will definitely was behind those posts).  As Peter said, it's his livelihood so they should have included at least one better review (IMO).  They sure seemed to like piling on him.  And Will sure loved the limelight until he was served (real or not) and then acted all tough by throwing the papers on the floor-that'll show them!  Yea, super tough until called on it.

Fell instantly in love with Rodney (how could she let him go?).  And, like others have stated "Don't do it Rodney-don't go to Mexico!".  Many formerly loved contestants have become unloved due to their appearances on BIP.

I have never seen them spoil a season like they did with Clayton and showing two of the last women standing in the preview.  Maybe it's that bad of a season that they think spoiling it themselves will somehow build interest?

• Love 11
13 hours ago, JenE4 said:

“Word on the street” is Martin had a girlfriend. He made the fatal mistake of telling loud-mouth Peter.

Martin swears IT'S NOT TRUE.  She wasn't his "girlfriend."                                                                                                                                               MAGICALLY, he NOW has a girlfriend he treats like a QUEEN!  Someone needs to interview HER!

• Love 1

I actually found this MTA interesting.  For the most part, this was a great group of guys but, unfortunately, Jaime, Chris S., Peter and Martin tainted the whole bunch.  I believe it was Chris G. who really explained Jaime and his gaslighting perfectly and said Jaime was dangerous.  I agree and hope Jaime is not allowed on BIP.  He's really scary and really smooth, too.  A dangerous combination for sure!  But despite all the drama, Rodney makes the whole mess delightful!

Both Tayshia and Kaitlyn handled the show reasonably well, I thought, and they both looked lovely.  I like both of them but think their pairing at the final rose ceremonies is silly.  For me, the duo hosting doesn't work and I think Tayshia is much more poised in front of the camera and would be a better host on her own.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, JenE4 said:

They showed us two of the three women Clayton says I love you to?!? And he tells two women together he was intimate with both of them? They usually don’t make a mass announcement after fantasy suites, so did this happen before or something? This season does look pretty dramatic.

I was confused by that too, as it seems a huge spoiler to show those making it to the end.  

• Love 5

I thought Martin was using a technicality- he didn't HAVE A GIRLFRIEND before going on the show - he knew someone, dated her, but they never said any official "I love you, be my girlfriend" thing, so technically he didn't have a "girlfriend".   It must be a generational thing.  When I was dating, people never made the relationship "official."   If you hung out with someone long enough, often enough, you just used "boyfriend/girlfriend"  to describe the other person.  He's a jerk. 

The reviews of Peter's pizza place could have been posted by people watching the show.  that happens a lot, when a "villain"  on a reality show has a business, the viewers go online to trash the business.  

Jamie seems to be a psychopath.  he stirred up gossip, then reported that he was hearing  the gossip.  Yeah, dude, you "heard" it when it came out of your mouth!  He would be the classic gaslighter, if there were no cameras around.  

• Love 11

Oh yeah, Kaitlyn- go ahead and ask Tayshia about her missing engagement ring and break up on national tv! Why not ask her which Goodwill has her monogrammed towels and which postal carrier she used to send Niel Lane back the ring while you're at it 😆

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Jamie seems to be a psychopath.  he stirred up gossip, then reported that he was hearing  the gossip.  Yeah, dude, you "heard" it when it came out of your mouth!  He would be the classic gaslighter, if there were no cameras around.  

He tried it with the cameras on. Can you imagine how awful he must be in real life.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Oh yeah, Kaitlyn- go ahead and ask Tayshia about her missing engagement ring and break up on national tv! Why not ask her which Goodwill has her monogrammed towels and which postal carrier she used to send Niel Lane back the ring while you're at it 😆

To be fair - nothing on the MTA is spontaneous.  Tayshia knew that was coming to segue awkwardly into the Rodney section.  I felt bad for both of them.  They don’t have enough clout yet with producers to say no. The whole MTA was the worst producer contrived show in a long time starting with the fake fight/making up between Will and Peter.  The only thing that felt real was Olu defending himself and Michelle talking to the men.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LBS said:

To be fair - nothing on the MTA is spontaneous.  Tayshia knew that was coming to segue awkwardly into the Rodney section.  I felt bad for both of them.  They don’t have enough clout yet with producers to say no. The whole MTA was the worst producer contrived show in a long time starting with the fake fight/making up between Will and Peter.  The only thing that felt real was Olu defending himself and Michelle talking to the men.

It's sad to talk about breakups and although Tayshia veered from the script, it made her more relatable in that moment when her eyes welled up with tears and she ran off of the stage.  You're right about the contrived/scripted nature of this show- the naked streaker talking about Rodney, the fake fights and the defamation notice entrance were over the top.  I'm just glad that there wasn't a scripted surprise make out this year like with the cat guy from Katie's season and the fan in the audience! 

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
spelling
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I thought Martin was using a technicality- he didn't HAVE A GIRLFRIEND before going on the show - he knew someone, dated her, but they never said any official "I love you, be my girlfriend" thing, so technically he didn't have a "girlfriend".   It must be a generational thing.  When I was dating, people never made the relationship "official."   If you hung out with someone long enough, often enough, you just used "boyfriend/girlfriend"  to describe the other person.  He's a jerk. 

The reviews of Peter's pizza place could have been posted by people watching the show.  that happens a lot, when a "villain"  on a reality show has a business, the viewers go online to trash the business.  

Yes, this is de rigeur for any business when the owner is an ass on TV. People flood Yelp with bad reviews from all over, it's usually people 10 states away claiming the business sucks and taking a jab at the person. It's dumb, but it happens all the time. Yelp typically has to suspend the business's account for a week or so because of the increased publicity.

That being said, Willy did seem a bit shifty during that scene, it wasn't an immediate "hell no, that wasn't me" response. So I feel like he was responsible for at least one or more of the reviews.

Jamie is genuinely frightening. He is too smooth with the gaslighting parsing of words, even when he couldn't weasel out of it, he'd just change the direction of the conversation to avoid taking any responsibility. I can only imagine what he'd be like one-on-one without a gang of guys holding his feet to the fire. Hopefully this appearance puts a dent in his dating life, could save someone a lot of bullshit.

I actually found this MTA interesting.  For the most part, this was a great group of guys but, unfortunately, Jaime, Chris S., Peter and Martin tainted the whole bunch.  I believe it was Chris G. who really explained Jaime and his gaslighting perfectly and said Jaime was dangerous.  I agree and hope Jaime is not allowed on BIP.  He's really scary and really smooth, too.  A dangerous combination for sure!  But despite all the drama, Rodney makes the whole mess delightful!

On the flip side, I hope his appearance boosts Rodney's prospects enormously. He was quite charming, his joviality was less forced than it sometimes was on the show. on the show, it seemed like he recognized his hook was the "fun guy" and even in the lamest, hotel-bound made up dates, he tried REALLY hard to be the entertainer. He was much more natural on the MTA and it came off very well. 

I haven't been following along with the news of how the Bachelor was chosen, but I guess Rodney made it too far and filming had to start? He seems like the tailor-made, heartbroken contestant who everyone loves (until he comes the lead and everyone turns on him, lol). 

This whole season. I've been trying to figure out who Rick reminds me of. He always looks like he's wearing eyeliner. 

Finally figured it out.

Tape face, from America's Got Talent.

Haha, I'd been calling him Robert Smith the whole time, but Tape face is pretty apt too. It's all about that eyeliner-under-the-eye look, which I think may just be natural on Rick. I find it such an interesting choice that a guy with that face would go for the head on the platter entrance because he kinda has a naturally Halloween-y look, like something you'd see in a haunted house attraction.

600full-robert-smith.jpg

• Love 10

I wish more people, including Michelle, had taken Chris to task for his overtly racist comment about Olu's IQ.

It seems like poor Romeo had initially admired both Jamie and Martin (he even got the dye job to match the latter). Dude needs to be less gullible.

I call BS on the pizza having been flown in from Florida. That's at least 10 hours in transit (6 hours flight plus going to and from the airports), plus however many hours it took to film the show. It wouldn't have been safe to eat anymore, not to mention the taste and texture.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxhpPJPZ2k

It sounds like Rick got rid of his vocal fry 😄!  Maybe he was nervous or he was losing his voice during filming of The Bachelorette and that caused the vocal fry or his voice was some bizarre vocal affectation that he thought would sound moody and mysterious to win Michelle over.  Either way, I'm glad that his voice is a lot clearer and nicer in this recent interview. 

• Love 3

Looks like Yelp has removed the negative reviews, so Peter's restaurant has 58 Yelp reviews, overall almost 5 stars, plus over 220 google reviews, average 4.7.  The comments, going back 2 years, are almost all extremely positive.

And yes, it's possible to fly pizza in, lol.  My family moved from NYC to Texas when I was little, and my dad used to bring back NY pizza every trip.  Entire pizzas, yes.  Along with pastrami, rye bread, and bialys.  My aunt would wrap it all up for him, and he'd bring an extra suitcase, and we'd have a field day when he returned.  That was the days before airport sniffing dogs, lol.

I don't believe for one minute that was a real subpoena.  First of all, the way Peter said to Will "That's what you could look forward to", and secondly, I can't believe ABC would allow that.  Makes for great theater though.

I also believe that Tayshia's emotional croco-tears were all planned, including her "heartbreaking" walkout.  We have to set up that Tayshia is so broken hearted over Zack, so that we can then cheer for Tayshia + Olu, or Tayshia + Rodney, or Tayshia + whoever on BIP.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raxhpPJPZ2k

It sounds like Rick got rid of his vocal fry 😄!  Maybe he was nervous or he was losing his voice during filming of The Bachelorette and that caused the vocal fry or his voice was some bizarre vocal affectation that he thought would sound moody and mysterious to win Michelle over.  Either way, I'm glad that his voice is a lot clearer and nicer in this recent interview. 

I noticed that, too.  I wonder if some of the cast sounds like that when they're trying to speak softly during one-on-one conversations.  When trying to speak really quietly for an extended period of time, I've noticed that my throat starts to tense and my voice changes a bit.  Does anyone else experience that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Recyclorette said:

I noticed that, too.  I wonder if some of the cast sounds like that when they're trying to speak softly during one-on-one conversations.  When trying to speak really quietly for an extended period of time, I've noticed that my throat starts to tense and my voice changes a bit.  Does anyone else experience that?

Great points!  I experienced that all the time when I used to work as a designer handbag sales associate - I would talk for hours every day selling purses and having fun talking with customers and once or twice a month my voice would morph into a hoarse whisper and then I would completely lose it for two or so days.  I remember I sold a purse in complete whispers to a tourist- I was pretty embarrassed and apologetic because my voice detracted from the special experience of buying a luxury handbag, but I put the customer at ease, made her laugh joking about my predicament and found her a great purse 😄.

• Love 3

Boooooooooooring!!!!  The Men Tell All only had enough content for 30 min. Everything else was filler so they could add more commercials.  Tayshia and Kaitlyn come across as Michelle's immature middle-school, gossipy best friends as opposed to hosts.  TPTB please find a good host for this show!      

• Love 6
2 hours ago, LindaT said:

Boooooooooooring!!!!  The Men Tell All only had enough content for 30 min. Everything else was filler so they could add more commercials.  Tayshia and Kaitlyn come across as Michelle's immature middle-school, gossipy best friends as opposed to hosts.  TPTB please find a good host for this show!      

I actually don’t mind Tayshia by herself. However! I do agree with you. I feel like the co-hosts got too involved with Katie’s “journey” but they were better with Michelle, but I still found them to be too emotionally involve. This may say a lot about their warm, empathic personalties, which I find real and refreshing. However, in their role as “hosts” they need to learn to separate things. It’s hard. It’s not unlike supervising a group of employees, where there is a sort of separation.

• Love 3
On 12/9/2021 at 11:56 AM, Recyclorette said:

clinically when you whisper, you do more damage to your vocal folds which causes the hoarseness. I am so over all the vocal fry its so freaking annoying!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 12/6/2021 at 7:03 PM, JenE4 said:

Jeez, why’d they make Tayshia talk about her engagement ending right in the middle of the show?! Poor woman had to rush off-stage. I guess it’s a good thing they have two hosts after all.

So distracting. I hate having former contestants be the hosts. I hate having two hosts. I wouldn't confide in either one if I was on the show. They tend to draw attention from the star, too. I get why she took off, but it was pretty unprofessional, the entire sequence.

• Love 5