Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Houston Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Actually they needed to wait until after the decision day aired to take off their rings and publicly date anyone, so as to not spoil the results on tv.  Decision day was in April. The reunion was taped 4 months after that - so the end of July or later.  Decision day did not air on TV until last week ( November). That explains the rings  on their fingers at the reunion. 

Gil was not wearing a ring!!

• Useful 1

Oh STFU Johnny! He said Bao took his walking away wrong. That he was just taking a break from the conversation and not "walking away" from them. THEN SAY THAT YOU IDIOT!!!! Cuz what she SEES is your SILENT AZZ WALKING AWAY!!!! MY GOSH!!! TELL THE OTHER PERSON!!! I don't get it. I don't understand why this is so difficult to just explain what you're doing. Did he ever return to the conversations??? NO! So. He's FOS anyway! 😅😂

• Love 4

Um. How'd they just gloss over Ryan leaving because they had an "argument." ABOUT WHAT? WHEN? WHAT HAPPENED???? Guess they just threw that in there to show he left (proof) before saying Gil was the only husband that didn't leave. They were that insignificant a couple, they didn't bother to discuss it. 😅😂

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Interesting that Jose and Rachel split up but are trying to work on getting back together.   I don't think they'll make it.

Seriously? I watched their first segment on fast forward but they were all like "this person was such a good match!"

• Love 2

refuse to believe that myrla wasn't attracted to Gil! Being that she held out kissing and sex for so long, why did she eventually give in?! Nah, I hear you, but I don't believe you, Myrla.

That being said, I thought Gil looked extra attractive with the beard. During the season I thought he was average-looking. But last night, I was so mesmerized 😍🤩😘.

That being said, I was very sad to see they had broken up and especially sad to see that he was heartbroken. 

5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

About those red soles.  They looked like they were in mint condition and I noticed he and Myrla were already sitting on the couch when they were introduced (I remember for sure Jose and Rachel walking out, because I noticed her dress seemed tortured).  Maybe Gil's making sure they don't touch the ground so he can return them.

I did notice that they were already sitting and thought it was weird. After reading this, I expect him to remove his shoes during his walkout next week 😆

I bet myrla was mad she didn't get to walk onto the stage and showcase her pirate boots

5 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

And speaking of sartorial splendor, did anybody else crack up upon hearing that Jose's job at NASA is coordinating the astronauts' outfits?

That was hilarious. I think I might be qualified for that job. 

• LOL 5
13 hours ago, Vanderboom said:

Have all MAFS reunion sets looked like the Home Goods clearance shelves threw up on them?

Screenshot_20211118-045839-721.png

Looks even tackier than The Bachelor sets.

Clearly their set designer never heard of the adage to remove one accessory before leaving the house. In this case, remove fifty Big Lots bargains before turning on the camera.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

Last season Kevin was so hard on Jake while inexplicably letting Haley slide by as the poor little victim. Kevin rarely holds the women responsible but attacks the men. If he does that again this season and doesn’t attribute at least a portion of their troubles to Mikaela’s “hurricane K” blow ups, I think that will be the last straw for me. These reunions can’t be so one-sided. 

He seems to love Gil and hate Myrla. I'd prefer it if he were just objective.

Funny, I didn't understand why so many were going crazy over him; thought he was pretty average.  Until the beard.  Now I think he's smoking hot!

I think he looks better with the beard and I don't usually like facial hair. I liked his burgundy suit too. But I still don't love his personality. 

You are right.  She grew up poor and vowed never to be poor again.  So simple.  She wants a man with money to get the finer things in life.  Gil didn’t fit the bill.  She chooses money over love.  It’s done all the time.  There are many beautiful young women who choose money over love.  Some people can do it .. some can’t.  The picture of her as a kid with a boy’s shirt on speaks volumes.  Imo.

Myrla seems to be doing just fine getting herself the finer things. I don't think that she needs or even particularly wants a man to get them for her. I think that she will always be one to provide for herself as I think she would be really wary of being financially dependent on anyone. I agree that she doesn't want to be poor again - I can't blame her. It's HARD to be poor. No one wants to be hungry or to have to choose between paying the rent or the electric bill. I don't think that she chose money over love though. I think she just didn't love Gil. She thought he was a nice guy and a fine person but she didn't fall in love with him and she didn't see it happening. 

Also, plenty of young men also choose money over love. It's not just a girl thing.

Looks even tackier than The Bachelor sets.

Yeah, but weirdly I sort of like the purple balloon animal thing...

• Love 3

I wonder why they didn't show Bao & Johnny and showed the guys instead. I guess it's on par with last season... Saving the 2nd worst couple for last. 😅 Speaking of being like last season... It pains me that they've left the cliffhanger on the upset Black husband... like last season. 😫 Zack isn't acting as bad as Chris, but not much better. Quite similar, except he was attracted to Michaela. Still misled & strung her along & used her when he was done though.

To me, Zach was the most attractive guy, but I never could figure out what was his deal. I may have tuned out when he was tossing the word salad and dressing it with tears.

Thought Johnny had possibilities until his personality turned him ugly.

The only hope I have left for this season is that when Gil walks out on Myrla and Johnny, he comes back hand-in-hand with his new girlfriend and it is   the   most   shocking   reveal   ever.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Also, plenty of young men also choose money over love. It's not just a girl thing.

In real life, I've seen more women supporting or out-earning their sons/boyfriends/husbands than the other way around. Not counting STAHMs because they are not getting a free ride whatsoever. Small sample size though, I admit.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Myrla seems to be doing just fine getting herself the finer things. I don't think that she needs or even particularly wants a man to get them for her. I think that she will always be one to provide for herself as I think she would be really wary of being financially dependent on anyone. I agree that she doesn't want to be poor again - I can't blame her.

I think Myrla is very "street smart" and competitive.  She "sized-up" Gil and gave it a whirl regarding physical intimacy with him.  Then, she thought through the odds of sticking it out with him.

In the end, she made a calculated decision that Gil would not be the one she would want to spend the rest of her life with and, mostly, have children with in the future.

Myrla has a lifestyle and a sense of herself that brings her confidence and contentment.  When she senses she's getting "in too deep" and doubts creep into her mind about how she's going to fare continuing in a certain direction, she immediately seems to make a counter-move and choose a different course.  This has apparently  worked for her so far in her life.

I don't think Myrla was looking forward to being Gils "cheerleader" and "life coach" (as he admitted she was career wise).  I think she is seeking someone who will treat her success as a genuine reflection of her talent and skill and not be intimidated by it.  

I also don't think she particularly appreciated Gil's relationship with his mother who lives in another Country and who depends on her son for financial support.  That would include projecting that his mother would come to live with their family in the future.

Finally, I think Myrla defines herself as a "go-getter" who is proud to know she will never, ever, in 1 million years be poor.  She likes to control her money and she likes to spend on whatever she enjoys and definitely invest her money as she sees fit.  

If that means that she never marries, I think she understands that's a trade-off that she's willing to make.  

P.S.  About the SHOES (Louboutan(sp?)  I think BOTH PAIRS of shoes (hers and Gil's) were LENT to the show by the vendor just like all the jewelry is LENT to the movie stars by Harry Winston (and others) for the evening of the big award shows.  I think when the cameras were turned off the shoes were returned.  (Both were particularly ugly IMO)

Edited by pdlinda
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

Oh man, I agree with Myrla's makeup.  It's horrendous.  I also think the fillers she has in her face at such a young age don't look good.

Can't they get her bronzer? or foundation with color? and  blush? She looked so pale.

They got her that bizzare eye shadow  for decision day.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lindz said:

Poor Gil. He's now insecure because of Myrla. Hopefully, he remembers that they were matched & it wasn't his or her choice, but I can see how that can shake someone's trust. She kept choosing to be married to him & "loving" him. Totally misled him. She played him. She played us. She played everyone. Now we see how heartless she is. Disgusting & shameful.

Was nice of her to inject that she ended the marriage because she thinking of him. She was just being valiant and noble. 

• LOL 7
8 minutes ago, pdlinda said:

P.S.  About the SHOES (Louboutan(sp?)  I think BOTH PAIRS of shoes (hers and Gil's) were LENT to the show by the vendor just like all the jewelry is LENT to the movie stars by Harry Winston (and others) for the evening of the big award shows.  I think when the cameras were turned off the shoes were returned.  (Both were particularly ugly IMO)

I think so they were borrowed also.

The soles of Gil's shoes were completely solid red, no scuffs or signs of wear.  I checked the Louboutin website and didn't find anything similiar.

There are no words for Myrla's boots. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I must have missed what Johnny does for a living. Somebody please enlighten me. How is he supposed to have so much money? All the money in the world would not attract me to that sniveling, dorky, skinny, whiney, mean mother fu**er with a Tesla and a townhome. 

I don't think Myrla is interested in Johnny. That's all for show and to get people talking. If she wouldn't have sex with Gil why in hell would she let Johnny touch her? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9

I don't think they were loaned, at least, not by the designer. No one on this show is a big enough celebrity nor do I think the show targets the demographic that the high-end designers are seeking. Those shoes may have been borrowed, or brand new, or unknowingly loaned by the shop that sells them (e.g. Gil is planning to return them after wearing them to the reunion) but I don't think they were product-placed.

If she wouldn't have sex with Gil why in hell would she let Johnny touch her? 

I can see that Gil is conventionally more attractive than Johnny, but everyone's individual tastes and attractions are different. Somewhere out there are women who would have sex with Johnny but not Gil. Somewhere out there are women who would have sex with Gil but not Johnny. And somewhere out there are women who would reject them both and some who would choose them both as a sexual partner. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Maybe he moved into her place.

It didn't sound like Gil moved in with Myrla.

He said after he knew it wasn't going to work he was going to move out and then said Myrla said she was going to move out.  Then he did move out.

She wouldn't have said she would move out of her own place.

• Love 1

Myrla - wow, she is cold-hearted. I don't love Gil, and I thought he was too harsh on calling out her diva-ness, but come on, she chose to stay married on Decision Day, and then does an about-face a couple weeks later? When Kevin asked her why, first she says financial stability, and after both Kevin and Gil point out that he has a good job with a decent salary and excellent benefits, she pivots to the lack of attraction. Which one is it? Girl, you knew on day one that he wasn't your type but you chose to get intimate and stay with him when you could've pulled a Ryan. My initial impression of her was that she was shallow (from the early preview of her complaining about her wedding ring), and while I did warm up to her throughout the season, I realize that my first impression is the right one. There's nothing wrong with wanting financial stability but I think she's on the wrong show. She wants to be able to spend her money how she wants, AND have a husband to take care of the bills. Good luck, Myrla. She really does have a high opinion of herself, but I'm not seeing what she has to offer to a partner. Shallow note from me: I want to burn those boots of hers. Those were seriously fugly.

Gil - I feel bad for him. He is taking this breakup pretty hard, it seems. He's not my favorite person, but he deserved better. I really wish I knew the true financial situation, but regardless, he seems to know what he wants out of life. I think he'll do fine. There are plenty of women who will find him attractive and appreciate his lifestyle.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I must have missed what Johnny does for a living. Somebody please enlighten me. How is he supposed to have so much money? All the money in the world would not attract me to that sniveling, dorky, skinny, whiney, mean mother fu**er with a Tesla and a townhome. 

Johnny is an IT Project Manager for an energy corporation that focuses on renewable energy.  Looks like this was a recent promotion from his prior job with the same company, where he's been for over 6 years.

I can't stand the way he treated Bao, which made him less attractive to me.  But successful, yes he is.

• Useful 2

Talking about Myrla looking pale I think that she is the type of Hispanic that wants to look as white as possible.  that’s why no bronzer and stringy straight hair. The straight hair is from over processing it or over straightening it.  It’s just another hang up.  She thinks that she seems prettier that way.  She just looks a bit unhealthy that way.  There is a lot of colorism in the Latin community.

Edited by Kira53
  • Useful 7
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

It didn't sound like Gil moved in with Myrla.

He said after he knew it wasn't going to work he was going to move out and then said Myrla said she was going to move out.  Then he did move out.

She wouldn't have said she would move out of her own place.

When Gil was looking at the apartments in the same apartment complex that they were living in temporarily it was because his lease was going to be up at the same time as the decision and he wanted to secure a nice living situation for the two of them. Apparently he sold everything as he said and just had his dog and his blender to move in together. Two weeks later she said she didn’t want to continue the marriage.  Gil was all in and Mryla made out that she had fallen in love with Gil Is everything she had wanted.  I suppose she was just acting the way she thought she should but she’s not such a great actress.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

When Gil was looking at the apartments in the same apartment complex that they were living in temporarily it was because his lease was going to be up at the same time as the decision and he wanted to secure a nice living situation for the two of them. Apparently he sold everything as he said and just had his dog and his blender to move in together. Two weeks later she said she didn’t want to continue the marriage.  Gil was all in and Mryla made out that she had fallen in love with Gil Is everything she had wanted.  I suppose she was just acting the way she thought she should but she’s not such a great actress.

So are you saying that Gil signed a lease in that luxury bldg where show was filmed?  Did Gil sign the lease with Myrla?  

I wonder what the term of the lease is as someone (probably both) is/are definitely responsible for paying what I can only assume is a hefty rent in that luxury building for whatever the term of the lease is.

• Love 3
On 11/17/2021 at 9:48 PM, mythoughtis said:

Myrla’s picture is in the dictionary next to the definitions of  diva and high-maintenance.  

In that picture is she doing a cartwheel in a bikini? 😄. I haven't got over the fact that that's how she decorates her apartment.

16 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

I think sadly out of the two, I believe Michaela. 

I know - crazy, but I believe her more than I believe Brett!

16 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I think some people really don't know how a lot of the opposite sex thinks but they THINK they do. Can't speak for every man. I wouldn't want to. I can just say that this is a fixation right now that I've never heard a guy complain about after 40 years on this earth. Her boobs are the least of Brett's problems.

The men I know - I don't think they'd object to her boobs.  I do think they'd object to how she presents them 😄

14 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Johnny is not tall, dark or handsome. He will likely be bald at some point.  He is a diva and high maintenance just like her.  He doesn’t like adventure.  The paragliding and skydiving were Bao’s  idea. He’s really not Myrla’s idea of a man. He comes with relatives that will expect Myrla to show up at the potlucks etc.   What he is - he makes more money than Gil. He’s got what Myrla thinks of as a classy occupation.  He’s probably happy to be her weekly brunch date.  I guess that’s all she needs.  

What I thought of was what Johnny liked about Bao:  first that she was hot in her bikini; second that she's interested in trying everything.  Which Myrla is the exact opposite of (on both counts 😄 ). He also claimed to want someone who would hang all over him.  Of course I don't think Johnny has any idea about what he wants, and in the initial episodes when he came off as a fun, friendly guy I thought he was adorable.  So maybe that's what Myrla is seeing; maybe Johnny goes to brunch in stupid looking overpriced clothing; if they're a match they can stay home or go to brunch together and spare Houston their company!

11 hours ago, Spectator said:

If this is indeed what happened (we’ll know next week), then both Myrla and Johnny really are really really awful.

Haha and we already know that Johnny is awful! 😄

10 hours ago, Empress1 said:

It would surprise me if she genuinely found him attractive, although that may be my bias talking (I don’t find him attractive at all; IMO he’s the least attractive of them). Myrla is so image-conscious, it seems like she’d want a pretty boy, which Johnny is not. Like, she seems like she’d want someone with gym muscles - someone who looks like he works out. Gil, Ryan, and Zach have those body types. Johnny is slight.

If he's taller than her and can afford expensive brunch restaurants and likes spending money on overpriced clothes and never expects anything from her - I think Myrla has found her winner!

9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

From Gil to Johnny?  No effin way.  Johnny is a crying machine, baby and nuts.  Is she kidding us?  Besides his house, car and money, what attracts her to him?  Curious minds want to know.

It seems you already do know 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, princelina said:

If he's taller than her and can afford expensive brunch restaurants and likes spending money on overpriced clothes and never expects anything from her - I think Myrla has found her winner!

The thing is that Johnny expects a lot! Nothing Bao ever did was enough for him. Myrla is not a giver so there is no way that relationship would work. Nobody is enough for Johnny. He wants to sit back and have his ass kissed. Miss Myrla is not about to be the one to do that.   

• Love 11
Just now, bichonblitz said:

The thing is that Johnny expects a lot! Nothing Bao ever did was enough for him. Myrla is not a giver so there is no way that relationship would work. Nobody is enough for Johnny. He wants to sit back and have his ass kissed. Miss Myrla is not about to be the one to do that.   

Oh no question about that!  But I do think that he already thought he was better than Bao because he hadn't liked her 15 years ago.  With Myrla he thinks he's "dating up" so he'll give her a break for a while.  But like I said - one of the only things he liked about Bao was her willingness to try things - that's not Myrla.  Also he wants a gal to hang all over him - not Myrla.  One might predict that he'd not be into her - but Johnny is kind of a nut case who doesn't seem to know what he wants - so who knows?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Jose is an angry, bitter, little man. Johnny is an angry, bitter, gawky man. They will be very happy together.

But didn't Johnny say that Jose is the light? and he needs to be in the light?  maybe it is really the light of burning suppressed rage!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, princelina said:

The men I know - I don't think they'd object to her boobs.  I do think they'd object to how she presents them 😄

That is fair. She puts them out there but what she wears isn't always flattering to her look and build.

• Love 6

Pretty pointless of KF to ask if they're ready for marriage. Uh. Ask WHY!!!! DUHHH!!! Zack always says he's been ready since he was 17. I mean, whaaa?!!! HOWSO?!! He most definitely was NOT!! That's some weird BS!! He should've been disqualified from that statement alone. 😅😂

Edited by Lindz
10 hours ago, pdlinda said:

So are you saying that Gil signed a lease in that luxury bldg where show was filmed?  Did Gil sign the lease with Myrla?  

I wonder what the term of the lease is as someone (probably both) is/are definitely responsible for paying what I can only assume is a hefty rent in that luxury building for whatever the term of the lease is.

That is the same question I have. Is this right?

-Gil and Myrla moved in to an apt in the same lux building. he sells everything and I guess all her furniture is kept.

-14 days later she wants out. He says she would move out but they stay another. He is thinking maybe they will still work.  After that he moves out.

-That leaves Myrla and all her stuff in the lux apt.

I wonder if the lux apt worked out something for them since the show was filmed there. 

• Love 1

Oh boy. Again. Michaela's complaint is Zack's complaint. He didn't show her forgiveness, grace, or compassion when she behaved badly... Just like she didn't show to him when he made mistakes. 🤔 However, her craziness was DELIBERATE. She KNOWINGLY acted a damn fool!!! 😅😂 She was stressed because he was waiting til she freaked out again... He was stressed because he had no idea when she'd freak out again!!! HELLO!!!! 😂😂 She really doesn't see it, huh? She's the cause!!!

• Love 4

Michaela gave Zack the green light to go multiple times??? Oh yeah? WHY DIDN'T SHE JUST LEAVE?!?!!!! Like. Ya know. You can leave! 😅😂 WHERE was her self-worth, self-respect, self-love??? "Ready for that divorce? I see you as a co-worker. This isn't going to last long." Uh. How about responding, "EFF this, I'm out!" He gave her relationship anxiety... she went back for... Over & over & over again. Girl, BYE! 😂

• Love 2

I'm liking Zack's Zero Fvcks energy. 😂 He is NOT holding back! He said it was the worst relationship he's ever been in. He said he wish he would've left... Uh. Perfect opportunity to ask why he didn't!!! But no. KF basically said Zack played Michaela & it spiraled with Zack's BS & KF's countering. Meh. Too high emotion... I don't get Zack saying it's his fault, he abandoned her so that's why she acted a fool. It sounded sarcastic or was he looking for KF to say it wasn't? 🤔

15 hours ago, kikicat said:

The only hope I have left for this season is that when Gil walks out on Myrla and Johnny, he comes back hand-in-hand with his new girlfriend and it is   the   most   shocking   reveal   ever.

If this happens, while I don't like being played, I would LOVE it!

14 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

No one on this show is a big enough celebrity nor do I think the show targets the demographic that the high-end designers are seeking. T

Shhhhh. I totally agree with you, but don't tell Jamie O.

13 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

There's nothing wrong with wanting financial stability but I think she's on the wrong show.

Is that Marrying a Millionaire show with those rich men who are the scariest creatures I have ever seen still on? LOL maybe she is too old for them.

Edited by Retired at last
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

That is the same question I have. Is this right?

-Gil and Myrla moved in to an apt in the same lux building. he sells everything and I guess all her furniture is kept.

Was the luxury apartment furnished? Maybe all Myrla took to the apartment was her clothes, shoes, and items from the wall of Myrla.

Last season I said that I resorted to viewing this show like I might view a scripted night time soap opera. Some of the character arcs are wild. 

At the point when he sold his stuff, Gil knew Myrla all of eight weeks. She was a bratty, bougie, high maintenance, princess who looked down on people. At the time of the reunion, they had been apart longer than they were together. How did Gil fall in love and remain in love months later?

I also don't quite get all the talk of Myrla "letting" Gil, a grown ass man, sell all of his stuff.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rae Spellman said:

I also don't quite get all the talk of Myrla "letting" Gil, a grown ass man, sell all of his stuff.  

I think it's more the idea of letting him think she really wanted to make it work when she really didn't. Without that information he took the action of getting rid of his stuff. Cruel of her.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, cinsays said:

I think it's more the idea of letting him think she really wanted to make it work when she really didn't. Without that information he took the action of getting rid of his stuff. Cruel of her.

Got it. 

Interestingly enough, I wonder if at 34, she actually planned to make it work for a year or two. They could film a season of Couple's Cam, have a child, use their MAFS success story to earn extra cash or change careers and then break up. Then, after Gil sold his stuff, something happened and she decided it wasn't worth it to continue the relationship even in the short term.  The fact that he was compelled to sell his stuff could have even been the last straw. Perhaps she decided a 35 year old dude who had to sell his stuff for a woman he met eight weeks ago wasn't the business partner she wanted.

Basically, I believe that she wan't attracted to him as a person for a long term relationship, but she was absolutely willing to continue the relationship a bit longer if there were other ways she could benefit. That's also cold and calculating. But not quite "I'm going drop this dude who deeply loves me a couple of weeks after he sells his stuff."

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Got it. 

Interestingly enough, I wonder if at 34, she actually planned to make it work for a year or two. They could film a season of Couple's Cam, have a child, use their MAFS success story to earn extra cash or change careers and then break up. Then, after Gil sold his stuff, something happened and she decided it wasn't worth it to continue the relationship even in the short term.  The fact that he was compelled to sell his stuff could have even been the last straw. Perhaps she decided a 35 year old dude who had to sell his stuff for a woman he met eight weeks ago wasn't the business partner she wanted.

Basically, I believe that she wan't attracted to him as a person for a long term relationship, but she was absolutely willing to continue the relationship a bit longer if there were other ways she could benefit. That's also cold and calculating. But not quite "I'm going drop this dude who deeply loves me a couple of weeks after he sells his stuff."

I myself have always found adults who are able to "move in" in a heartbeat, with no stuff to get rid of, suspicious.  If any of these couples stay together, doesn't that mean at least one person will have to get rid of a lot of their stuff?  I mean like sofas, dining tables, etc.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He seems to love Gil and hate Myrla. I'd prefer it if he were just objective.

I think he looks better with the beard and I don't usually like facial hair. I liked his burgundy suit too. But I still don't love his personality. 

Myrla seems to be doing just fine getting herself the finer things. I don't think that she needs or even particularly wants a man to get them for her. I think that she will always be one to provide for herself as I think she would be really wary of being financially dependent on anyone. I agree that she doesn't want to be poor again - I can't blame her. It's HARD to be poor. No one wants to be hungry or to have to choose between paying the rent or the electric bill. I don't think that she chose money over love though. I think she just didn't love Gil. She thought he was a nice guy and a fine person but she didn't fall in love with him and she didn't see it happening. 

Yeah, but weirdly I sort of like the purple balloon animal thing...

I was talking about Myrla here, not young men.

I wouldn’t speculate whether they signed a lease in that building but just that Gil was ready to close out his lease and move forward together if they both agreed on decision day.  She said “yes” so Gil was all in.  He was looking for a special apartment,something very nice, much nicer than what Myrla had herself.   It’s hard to imagine that she didn’t know that two weeks before they moved in that she wasn’t wanting to stay or able to stay. Did she think somehow it was going to look better for her if she said yes and dumped him two weeks after they moved? I think she’s just should’ve gone with the I take time to get physically closer or even better “you’re nice but just not nice for me,“ communication.  I know production would have pushed her to make as if she was falling in love but she is supposed to be such a Tough woman.  did she really crumble under production’s thumb?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

I know production would have pushed her to make as if she was falling in love but she is supposed to be such a Tough woman.  did she really crumble under production’s thumb?

I don't think so. I think this was her revenge plot all along - make him fall in love and then slam the door and tell him she was never attracted to him, ever. That is some serious payback for calling her "Princess." She only seems to have one flat emotion, but she got her revenge. At least she didn't tell him that for the first time on the show - she has a modicum of decency, apparently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I find Michaela's monthiversary story very strange. They, "kissed and touched and other," and he said not to tell anyone and if she does, he'll deny it. SAY WHAT??? That's oddly thorough to say he'll deny it, like she's saying that for when he denies it. 😂 WHAT DOES IT EVEN MATTER ANYWAY?!?!!! Like they hadn't had sex between her first freakout & then. Makes NO difference!! GIMME A BREAK!!! He's trying to deny he sent mixed messages, but he can't deny his words & actions. So he's trying to say his words meant something else. Gross! & he needs to calm down. He acts crazy in his own emotional way too. Again. Throw both of them away! 😂

• Love 1

On 11/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, Kira53 said:

It’s hard to imagine that she didn’t know that two weeks before they moved in that she wasn’t wanting to stay or able to stay. 

This is one of those YMMV things. It's quite possible to be open to continuing a relationship with someone after eight weeks and absolutely over them two weeks later.

Serious questions: How or why does a guy with all of Gil's options fall in love so quickly and deeply with a woman who according to him is negative, has forgotten where she came from, and whose values are so incompatible with his?  Myrla may be as terrible as some say. But, if she is how did Gil fall for her?  Is the reason he would up on MAFS that he is just like Zach, drawn to toxic women and/or toxic relationships?

Edited by Rae Spellman
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I don't think so. I think this was her revenge plot all along - make him fall in love and then slam the door and tell him she was never attracted to him, ever. That is some serious payback for calling her "Princess." She only seems to have one flat emotion, but she got her revenge. At least she didn't tell him that for the first time on the show - she has a modicum of decency, apparently.

Very interesting speculation. I don’t see Marla signing a lease because she knew that she wouldn’t be able to stay in a relationship. I do see her convincing him that he could move in and Gil wanting to start a new just got rid of whatever he had. 

Myrla said very little in front of the camera so I couldn’t see her saying that it was suddenly over while the cameras were looking.  She has plausible deniability.  She was aware of  protecting her reputation as a leadership coach. During the interview process I believe she told Dr. pepper that she was a very sexual person but at the altar she was Lady Madonna, the virginal bride who couldn’t even kiss at the altar. I think it was all about her reputation. And if she had found her groom hot it would’ve been a whole different it’s OK to kiss at the altar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1