Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Houston Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

So help me, if Kevin fully blames Zack for the problems between Zack and Michaela (the previews show Kevin saying he played her) I think I will have a full on Mikaela-style explosion. 

Last season Kevin was so hard on Jake while inexplicably letting Haley slide by as the poor little victim. Kevin rarely holds the women responsible but attacks the men. If he does that again this season and doesn’t attribute at least a portion of their troubles to Mikaela’s “hurricane K” blow ups, I think that will be the last straw for me. These reunions can’t be so one-sided. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

A shout out to Brett.  She was pretty nice even tho Ryan’s sister threw her under the bus when telling the world she was dating during the marriage.  What about her Brother on the dating site?  And his Sourpuss demeanor?

Well, if you knew your brother's new wife was exchanging phone numbers with someone and then watched they hypocrisy of her being upset about the dating app, you're probably going to throw her under the bus.

She collected an enormous amount of public sympathy with the doe-eyed crying about mens that always leave her and turns out she went one step farther than Ryan apparently did.  Brett was perfectly happy having Ryan be the bad guy and fully downplayed the inappropriateness of her actions.

• Love 12

If Myrla really is trading Gil for Johnny, she is trading way way way down. As Kevin mentioned numerous times, Gil will have no shortage of options, once he is ready. But, I hope the new ladies realize that, apparently, he likes a bit of a challenge. And chocolate chip cookies. I wonder how many cookie deliveries will show up at the fire station?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
52 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Johnny is a better match for Myrla, so I can see it.  He owns a great townhome in a really cool part of town, he drives a cool Tesla, he has a good career, and he probably likes all the bougie restaurants.  Heck, he lives within 5 miles of most of them.

It would surprise me if she genuinely found him attractive, although that may be my bias talking (I don’t find him attractive at all; IMO he’s the least attractive of them). Myrla is so image-conscious, it seems like she’d want a pretty boy, which Johnny is not. Like, she seems like she’d want someone with gym muscles - someone who looks like he works out. Gil, Ryan, and Zach have those body types. Johnny is slight.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Adeejay said:

can't get over Myrla allowing Gil to sell all his worldly possessions knowing how she felt.  That is cold.  So, I guess all that crying to Dr. Pepper and thanking the experts for giving her exactly what she wanted was a lie.  Given that she didn't want a bald guy, I had to side eye her performance.  

What if Gil could grow his hair back.  Would she want him then?  Doubt it.  Looks like she is money driven.  Johnny has lots of money, I think.  He has a good job.  From Gil to Johnny?  I don’t get that at all.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lindz said:

WHY the discrepancy in why José & Rachel are apart? She said he was pushy about her moving in & she had too much stuff & Johnny said she didn't want to be at home so much. Huh??? 

Um, you just called Jose Johnny. I'm shutting the deadbolt on you and going to bed lol

• LOL 21
30 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

If Myrla really is trading Gil for Johnny, she is trading way way way down. As Kevin mentioned numerous times, Gil will have no shortage of options, once he is ready. But, I hope the new ladies realize that, apparently, he likes a bit of a challenge. And chocolate chip cookies. I wonder how many cookie deliveries will show up at the fire station?

From Gil to Johnny?  No effin way.  Johnny is a crying machine, baby and nuts.  Is she kidding us?  Besides his house, car and money, what attracts her to him?  Curious minds want to know.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

From Gil to Johnny?  No effin way.  Johnny is a crying machine, baby and nuts.  Is she kidding us?  Besides his house, car and money, what attracts her to him?  Curious minds want to know.

Not to mention there's ZERO chance Johnny isn't a pencil dick.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18

I think Gil was/is a smug know-it-all who was/is so far up in his own ass that he couldn't sense what Myrla was really feeling about him, so I can believe he was caught by surprise.   Not knowing what went on off camera, but to her credit, I do think she handled things well with him on camera.   I don't doubt that Gil will have women lined up to meet him but just wait until he starts "teasing" when he sees traits he doesn't like.

Interesting about Myrla and Johnny but I wonder if they're just friends, or if it's something more.  

Spoiler

There's also speculation in the spoiler thread about Bao and Zack dating.  I wonder if that's true and if it will be revealed next week.  

• Love 1

I think the Gil, Myrla, Johnny triangle is simply a story about egos. 

GIL: Gil seems really confident and is probably very used to women throwing themselves at him. On the contrary, Myrla made him work for it and I think he found that change of pace very attractive.

MYRLA: Myrla has some insecurities and wants to be spoiled and adored, not challenged the way Gil did, so ultimately she kicked him to the curb. Johnny, on the other hand, probably puts Myrla on a pedestal so she’s willing to keep him around, platonically, simply for the ego boost. But she’ll likely just lead him on ad infinitum since he does not match her well-defined ‘suitable suitor’ profile whatsoever.

JOHNNY: Much the way Gil was attracted to the challenge of Myrla, so is Johnny, but not because Johnny is used to women throwing themselves at him (he wishes!) but because he probably thinks Myrla is out of his league so he likes that people might think that Myrla might actually have an interest in him (even though, in all likelihood, she doesn’t). It’s a big ego boost for him. He seems quite focused on what people think of him, thus he seemed to light up when Kevin insinuated there might be a relationship between him and Myrla. Bao, on the other hand, was a girl Johnny had already known and had already passed over, so he presumably considered that being with her was “settling”.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

I'll join you at your table.  

He looked better without a beard. He's at least as good looking as Johnny and Ryan. Myrla is a tad above average but not without spending hours primping. Looks aside if Myrla was serious about wanting to be married, have a permanent sexual partner and have children she couldn't have asked for a better husband. He's a better man than me. Myrla is a classic case of a person who thinks her excrement doesn't stink. Her I'm better than everyone haughty airs would cause me to innerly seethe mostly at the people who made this match. I would be so angry at them for saddling me with this snob. I wouldn't' say she's a narcissist I'd say she has no sense of empathy or humanity for other people.

For Gil their patience and then there's stubbornness. I try to keep this in the context of you married someone and this person has become your wife. You took your vows seriously. You accepted what you got and tried to make lemonade out of lemons. Admirable. She wasn't worthy of falling in love with. She laid out a carpet of red flags and they served as a path to the booby prize. She doesn't have lovable qualities. She let it be known often she's going to do what she wants to do. I'm confident this is how she has broken up in the past. Decision gets made and the victim only gets informed of it. If you cry and moan broken heart she will tell you to man up. I hope you get her out of your system before you look who's in line to meet you...

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Gil was/is a smug know-it-all who was/is so far up in his own ass that he couldn't sense what Myrla was really feeling about him, so I can believe he was caught by surprise.   Not knowing what went on off camera, but to her credit, I do think she handled things well with him on camera.   I don't doubt that Gil will have women lined up to meet him but just wait until he starts "teasing" when he sees traits he doesn't like.

Interesting about Myrla and Johnny but I wonder if they're just friends, or if it's something more.  

Reveal spoiler

There's also speculation in the spoiler thread about Bao and Zack dating.  I wonder if that's true and if it will be revealed next week.  

Friends?  I don’t think she’s a friend person.  More a $$$ person.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

Um, you just called Jose Johnny. I'm shutting the deadbolt on you and going to bed lol

I didn't though. Johnny was talking about giving José tips on how to get Rachel back & what she wanted. 😂😂😂😂

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

He looked better without a beard.

Funny, I didn't understand why so many were going crazy over him; thought he was pretty average.  Until the beard.  Now I think he's smoking hot!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Bet those boots were about a thousand bucks.  Maybe more.

She still looks like a Dollar General J Lo to me. She may be able to afford couture, but she doesn't have the eye for anything other than the price tag. Just because it's expensive doesn't mean some finesse isn't called for.

LOL! Myrla and Johnny? Yes, please!!! As a couple, they'd be too good to be true, though. Good for torturing each other.

They do deserve each other, and they won't be making anyone but the other miserable. Go for it!

Not to mention there's ZERO chance Johnny isn't a pencil dick.

No worries, she can probably put off interacting with THAT for at least a year.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I was surprised how deeply in love Gil had fallen in. I thought for the most part he was aloof and patient and just waiting to see if things would work out.

This was a surprising couple all along. I didn't think they'd even make it to decision day. She probably did genuinely like being with Gil but I don't believe she is capable of falling in love. To her falling in love is like having leverage and she doesn't want anyone to have leverage.

Nothing worse to be in love have deep feelings for someone and then they decide the relationship is over. No negotiation, no inclination to salvage it, no discussion or meeting of the minds. By the time they announce the relationship is over its already been decided. Whenever your involved with someone you really need to check how emotionally involved they are becoming. Clearly she liked Gil but was never in deep emotionally. That's called being unequally yoked.

What I don't think she anticipates is how despised she is going to be over the next few months. The doorman will give her dirty looks. Even her co-workers are going to be disgusted.

I have a fridge magnet that would fit Myrla's opinion of the opinions of others: "Do I look like a people person?" 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

If I continue watching this show, it'll be strictly as fictional entertainment. Which is what it appears to be--the producers chose people who'd naturally clash, weren't screened properly for psychological issues (or worse, were)and were willing to sign up . The hotter the mess, the more eyes on the screen(s). The "experts" read teleprompters.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

He looked better without a beard. He's at least as good looking as Johnny and Ryan. Myrla is a tad above average but not without spending hours primping. Looks aside if Myrla was serious about wanting to be married, have a permanent sexual partner and have children she couldn't have asked for a better husband. He's a better man than me. Myrla is a classic case of a person who thinks her excrement doesn't stink. Her I'm better than everyone haughty airs would cause me to innerly seethe mostly at the people who made this match. I would be so angry at them for saddling me with this snob. I wouldn't' say she's a narcissist I'd say she has no sense of empathy or humanity for other people.

For Gil their patience and then there's stubbornness. I try to keep this in the context of you married someone and this person has become your wife. You took your vows seriously. You accepted what you got and tried to make lemonade out of lemons. Admirable. She wasn't worthy of falling in love with. She laid out a carpet of red flags and they served as a path to the booby prize. She doesn't have lovable qualities. She let it be known often she's going to do what she wants to do. I'm confident this is how she has broken up in the past. Decision gets made and the victim only gets informed of it. If you cry and moan broken heart she will tell you to man up. I hope you get her out of your system before you look who's in line to meet you...

You are right.  She grew up poor and vowed never to be poor again.  So simple.  She wants a man with money to get the finer things in life.  Gil didn’t fit the bill.  She chooses money over love.  It’s done all the time.  There are many beautiful young women who choose money over love.  Some people can do it .. some can’t.  The picture of her as a kid with a boy’s shirt on speaks volumes.  Imo.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

I have a feeling that Gil finally took his comments too far when he kept "joking/not joking" to criticize Myrla. I couldn't believe how patient she was, considering how much he tore into her. And she never, ever attacked him back. She was clearly in love with him, and now she's pissed and punishing him. She is not someone you cross, and I think Gill found that out. I feel like Gil isn't entirely the victim here. I'm wondering what he said to send her over the edge.

1 hour ago, Spectator said:

So help me, if Kevin fully blames Zack for the problems between Zack and Michaela (the previews show Kevin saying he played her) I think I will have a full on Mikaela-style explosion. 

I didn't get the impression that Kevin was blaming Zack, it sounded like he was trying to make sense of what Zack was word salading and crying about wanting to get divorced yet wanting to continue the relationship.  

And I don't even like Kevin all that much, lol. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

You are right.  She grew up poor and vowed never to be poor again.  So simple.  She wants a man with money to get the finer things in life.  Gil didn’t fit the bill.  She chooses money over love.  It’s done all the time.  There are many beautiful young women who choose money over love.  Some people can do it .. some can’t.  The picture of her as a kid with a boy’s shirt on speaks volumes.  Imo.

The irony is I could see Gil being tapped to do something that would pay well on TV.  It would not surprise me if Gil ends up being far more successful in terms of money earned in the future.

I'm not the biggest fan of Gil but he does have a fan base and the way he conducts himself almost as though he's an interviewer tells me he may end up being a Jamie Otis-like personality of moderating some reality show segment.  Or take over Unfiltered from her.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I have to say I did a 180 on Myrla from the start to the decision, then whoa - nellie....  Right back to the original opinion.  She actually had me fooled for a while.  Shallow note, for all her 'diva pretty pretty princess' BS,   I think she needs some serious makeup tips, she always looks vaguely like a Wayans in White Chicks.  She has no color at all on her face.     And the boots...  Chile!  Money does not buy taste.   Not sure what Gil was going for either.  If you can't beat them join them?  Oddness all around.

Brett....  oh, Brett...    I know a lot of ladies hate bras.  I get it.  I am barely an A- so I can go without, but still I don't.  However, they make these awesome reusable nipple covers now - some even with a tab that will help hold those girls in a perky and upright position.  My humble opinion is that some of those could be her best girl's friend!  I do wonder a bit about her mystery man.  She got kind of oddly bitchy about the whole thing.  She seemed so open and cool throughout the show, her change in personality and tone there was jarring.  I wish if she was seeing someone she would have just owned it and said "Hell yeah, I have someone!"  instead of continuing to martyr herself as the long suffering wife of a giant bump on a log.

The less said about Z and HurriKay the better.

What a waste of a season.  Seems each one gets worse than the last.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Oooh! I was about to go in on Zack for saying he thinks, "something can always be better," because that can be taken as, "nothing is good enough." But, he said he learned that's NOT the way to be. GOOD! 😅😂

• Love 1

Poor Gil. He's now insecure because of Myrla. Hopefully, he remembers that they were matched & it wasn't his or her choice, but I can see how that can shake someone's trust. She kept choosing to be married to him & "loving" him. Totally misled him. She played him. She played us. She played everyone. Now we see how heartless she is. Disgusting & shameful.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Stella Rose said:

I have to say I did a 180 on Myrla from the start to the decision, then whoa - nellie....  Right back to the original opinion.  She actually had me fooled for a while.  Shallow note, for all her 'diva pretty pretty princess' BS,   I think she needs some serious makeup tips, she always looks vaguely like a Wayans in White Chicks.  She has no color at all on her face.     And the boots...  Chile!  Money does not buy taste.   Not sure what Gil was going for either.  If you can't beat them join them?  Oddness all around.

Brett....  oh, Brett...    I know a lot of ladies hate bras.  I get it.  I am barely an A- so I can go without, but still I don't.  However, they make these awesome reusable nipple covers now - some even with a tab that will help hold those girls in a perky and upright position.  My humble opinion is that some of those could be her best girl's friend!  I do wonder a bit about her mystery man.  She got kind of oddly bitchy about the whole thing.  She seemed so open and cool throughout the show, her change in personality and tone there was jarring.  I wish if she was seeing someone she would have just owned it and said "Hell yeah, I have someone!"  instead of continuing to martyr herself as the long suffering wife of a giant bump on a log.

The less said about Z and HurriKay the better.

What a waste of a season.  Seems each one gets worse than the last.

Oh man, I agree with Myrla's makeup.  It's horrendous.  I also think the fillers she has in her face at such a young age don't look good.

On Brett, for some reason, I just wasn't on her team from the get go.  I think she puts on a good face and most people would meet her and think she's a great, nice, normal girl, but I just had this feeling she's not being genuine and we aren't seeing her true personality.  

And those boobs...yikes.  It's pretty clear that she thinks they are her best feature.  I'm' sure they gave her the most attention throughout her teen and college years.  But if she really wants a man, most aren't going to want to have their GF/wife with her tits out like that all the time.  I mean, she won't even be demure on her wedding day -- the bodice of the dress was almost cut to her navel.

• Love 4

I changed my mind about thinking Brett was pretty cool.   Her sitting there in that green dress with those flapjacks hanging out and trying to play victim just turned me off.

I still like Johnny so I could have a drink with him though, lol.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

Also, Rachel looked bad to me during the reunion with her styling.  The I Dream of Jeannie hairdo wasn't working for her, nor was the outfit.

I thought the outfit was too tight, or she could have used some spanx.

7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Rachel has a pretty bad complexion I’ve noticed in some angles. She puts me to sleep. 

I noticed from the beginning that she had a bad complexion.   And she puts me to sleep, too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Boo Boo said:

Was Brett honest with Ryan about it when she collected a man's phone number?

Personally I don't really give a shit that both of them were done and were prepping for dating life.  The show is an absolute farce and they obviously weren't going to make it.

The problem I have is with the dramatic confrontation with Ryan and her willingness to let him be the fall guy when she was doing the same thing, if not worse.  Where is the film of her admitting the part where she was delving into the dating scene while married?

I may be mistaken, but when Brett went on the dating scene, wasn’t it after Ryan slept in another room and was done with her?  It seems like her going on was in the end of this farce.  He smiled in the very beginning, then all of a sudden changed.  It was clear  he was done with her.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I thought the outfit was too tight, or she could have used some spanx.

I noticed from the beginning that she had a bad complexion.   And she puts me to sleep, too.

Yes, I think she put on a little weight too.

• Love 3

Yikes! 0-5!

My theory on Gil and Myrla's monetary discrepancies is that he sends too much back to his family and wasn't going to stop. She wasn't kind, but he was playing a role IMO. Oh poor Gil, so in love, such a victim. Nah, not buying it. He's playing to the all the girls lining up to comfort him ;)

Rachel gained back all the weight she lost, and lost the loser husband too--I think she came out ahead. She needs a makeover though, and a good facial.

We knew Brett wouldn't let us down with her boobie display! They are a disgrace, but I can't blame her for dating or whatever happened. Ryan and his sis trying to act all victimized, give me a break.

Can't wait for the end of Z&M. I believe Zack, as we've seen Micheala straight up lie and rewrite history, but his world salad does him no favors.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, glitterpussy said:

Yikes! 0-5!

My theory on Gil and Myrla's monetary discrepancies is that he sends too much back to his family and wasn't going to stop. She wasn't kind, but he was playing a role IMO. Oh poor Gil, so in love, such a victim. Nah, not buying it. He's playing to the all the girls lining up to comfort him ;)

Rachel gained back all the weight she lost, and lost the loser husband too--I think she came out ahead. She needs a makeover though, and a good facial.

We knew Brett wouldn't let us down with her boobie display! They are a disgrace, but I can't blame her for dating or whatever happened. Ryan and his sis trying to act all victimized, give me a break.

Can't wait for the end of Z&M. I believe Zack, as we've seen Micheala straight up lie and rewrite history, but his world salad does him no favors.

I agree on all of this with the exception of Brett.  She played the victim the entire time while she was okay with collecting phone numbers.  She could've admitted her role in not waiting until decision-day to start macking on other men.

• Love 3

During one of the later episodes on the show,  Gil and Myrla were talking about moving into an apt together. She wanted a high rise with all the amenities. Last night Gil said, he sold everything but his blender, clothes and his dog.

I guess they moved in to a new place together? Is that right?

On the show, Myrla's apt was fine but the furniture/stuff wasn't all that great or wasn't anything that couldn't be sold. Did they keep all of her stuff?

It wasn't clear where they moved and lived for two weeks. Did I miss something? I was distracted looking a Gil's shoes.

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 2

Actually they needed to wait until after the decision day aired to take off their rings and publicly date anyone, so as to not spoil the results on tv.  Decision day was in April. The reunion was taped 4 months after that - so the end of July or later.  Decision day did not air on TV until last week ( November). That explains the rings  on their fingers at the reunion. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, kristen111 said:

There should be a rule.  No getting up and leaving during an interview.

The producers need to follow that rule.

I'll bet they are instigating the walk outs for drama!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 5
48 minutes ago, Rightside said:

During one of the later episodes on the show,  Gil and Myrla were talking about moving into an apt together. She wanted a high rise with all the amenities. Last night Gil said, he sold everything but his blender, clothes and his dog.

I guess they moved in to a new place together? Is that right?

On the show, Myrla's apt was fine but the furniture/stuff wasn't all that great or wasn't anything that couldn't be sold. Did they keep all of her stuff?

It wasn't clear where they moved and lived for two weeks. Did I miss something? I was distracted looking a Gil's shoes.

Maybe he moved into her place.

1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

I may be mistaken, but when Brett went on the dating scene, wasn’t it after Ryan slept in another room and was done with her?  It seems like her going on was in the end of this farce.  He smiled in the very beginning, then all of a sudden changed.  It was clear  he was done with her.

If she started getting numbers after he moved into the spare room, why would she care about download of a dating app?

Again, that's my problem with this.  She has zero leg to stand on but was happy playing the victim never admitting she also stepped out.

• Love 7