Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Houston Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

Rachel managed to get a college degree?  Exactly How? 

Myrla’s picture is in the dictionary next to the definitions of  diva and high-maintenance.   How can she not see it?
Gil said he makes $100 more every two weeks than Myrla.  Which means she doesn’t make all that much 

why did she say yes at decision day? Why did she let him give up his lease and sell his stuff?  He probably spent the money on her too.  To say she never loved him, and was never happy, then her last month on the show was a lie.  She was all over him at the ranch.  Now we know why Gils’ best man  said she was awful. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 14

I initially couldn’t stand Myrla , then inbegan to like her a little because I liked her banter with Gil .. but the things she was saying in the reunion about the wedding being terrible and her ring being ugly were pushing me back to my initial reaction . And after hearing what happened with her and Gil , I’m thinking she has a personality disorder . She seems like a lunatic diva bitch . 

• Like 1
  • Love 20

Called the 0/5.

And now we see that every time it looked like Myrla was letting Gil's digs roll off her back, they were rolling into a big dish of revenge served cold.

Gil's Louboutins better be a lovely parting gift from Myrla and not him trying to woo her back!

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I agree with Michaela that Zack was giving off mixed signals, and I do think he was having downlow sex with her.  

Michaela truly is batshit crazy, but Zack truly is a sniveling coward.

5 minutes ago, buttersister said:

And now we see that every time it looked like Myrla was letting Gil's digs roll off her back, they were rolling into a big dish of revenge served cold.

Yes!  She played his ass like a fiddle.

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, CSunshine76 said:

Hi! Old single lady in Houston here! Gil, call me! 😉

I had him first.  I’m borrowing Michaela’s dress.  And Myrla’s boots.   Kidding.  I’m married.

Edited by kristen111
  • LOL 6
1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Manipulative too, unless the "coming up" promos are misleading. She demands to be onstage alone, first, to present her side of the story unchallenged, then when Zack gets the same opportunity, she barges in so he can say it to her face.

Two words, Zack - restraining order.

But I think he shares some of the blame.  Yes, Zack, you should have left.  Get on his ass Kevin.   

• Love 12
35 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Not surprised about Gil and Mryla, I always felt they were talking the talk for the cameras. 

She fooled me .. big time.  Is that why she never responded to him when he said something ?  After every jab he gave her, she just looked at him and said nothing.  She was probably just waiting for the end.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think Michaela is sincerely awful, but I do put a little blame on Zack for not dumping her crazy ass after the first time she went ballistic. He kept sending her mixed signals all season with the "We'll divorce but then we'll date; we'll say no on Decision Day but keep sharing a bed in the meantime" - he should've manned up and told her that her behavior was unacceptable. But I also blame the experts for coddling Michaela and encouraging Zack to keep giving the marriage another chance.

They were just a train wreck of a couple. Seriously, if Zack meets with foul play at any point in the future, I know where to look first...

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

I'm already confused by Micheala's outfit and her segment hasn't even come on. Is she attending a waltz after filming?

Now I see what you mean.  She looked like she raided Carmen Miranda’s closet.  All she needed was the fruit on her head.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

They were just a train wreck of a couple. Seriously, if Zack meets with foul play at any point in the future, I know where to look first...

I'm laughing, but she IS that wacko. If she has no problem slamming doors and breaking glasses, it's not a far step to hitting a partner (or even more scarily, a child). I really hope she gets therapy.

• Love 8

Michaela still can’t take any responsibility.  I’m so over her. 

41 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I think Michaela is sincerely awful, but I do put a little blame on Zack for not dumping her crazy ass after the first time she went ballistic. He kept sending her mixed signals all season with the "We'll divorce but then we'll date; we'll say no on Decision Day but keep sharing a bed in the meantime" - he should've manned up and told her that her behavior was unacceptable. But I also blame the experts for coddling Michaela and encouraging Zack to keep giving the marriage another chance.

So.  I was in an eight year relationship with a narcissist tornado like Michaela.  I got really good at soothing, deflecting, and agreeing even if I didn’t want to.  I still lost. My ex also came storming in, didn’t let me sleep, told me to go many times….when I did I was so punished.  PTSD for real. I feel bad for him, I see me in his shoes and my ex in hers.  Abuse takes many forms. 

Edited by Meowwww
Spelling of her name. I hate her.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Crashcourse said:

Myrla's boots look ridiculously hideous. 

Sockless, bearded Gil looks like he's wearing his audition wardrobe to take Kevin's place.  It ain't working Gil.  

Bet those boots were about a thousand bucks.  Maybe more.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

WTF did I just watch between Michaela and Zack? Sorry Michaela, but I’ve seen Hurricane K…I think I’m leaning toward believing Zack.

How do these “experts” continue to bring people on this show that are clearly in need of counseling and possibly medication?! Wow.

Edited by CSunshine76
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17

I can't get over Myrla allowing Gil to sell all his worldly possessions knowing how she felt.  That is cold.  So, I guess all that crying to Dr. Pepper and thanking the experts for giving her exactly what she wanted was a lie.  Given that she didn't want a bald guy, I had to side eye her performance.  

Zach was right about one thing, he should have left earlier on.  But then again, I don't think the experts would have allowed it.  When it comes to Zach and Michaela, I really don't know who to believe. One is loony and the other is screwy.

Ryan said something that I find rather interesting. He seemed to imply that Myrla doesn't want Rachel to get back with Jose and was working on keeping them apart.  

Edited by Adeejay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Ryan said something that I find rather interesting. He seemed to imply that Myrla doesn't Rachel to get back with Jose and was working on keeping them apart.  

Jose agreed to that and some of the other guys nodded too. She probably  needed a drinking buddy 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, gingerandcloves said:

I'm laughing, but she IS that wacko. If she has no problem slamming doors and breaking glasses, it's not a far step to hitting a partner (or even more scarily, a child). I really hope she gets therapy.

What a season.  Violence and lying.  I don’t know what and who to believe.  Some slept together and denied it, and verse versa.  Why are there experts then.  They are 0 for 5.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Michaela still can’t take any responsibility.  I’m so over her. 

So.  I was in an eight year relationship with a narcissist tornado like Michaela.  I got really good at soothing, deflecting, and agreeing even if I didn’t want to.  I still lost. My ex also came storming in, didn’t let me sleep, told me to go many times….when I did I was so punished.  PTSD for real. I feel bad for him, I see me in his shoes and my ex in hers.  Abuse takes many forms. 

I'm sorry, and I hundred percent feel for you. I guess, in my heart, I was wishing for Zack to dump her early on, because I think the mixed signals made it even worse in the long run. But I don't blame him for reacting the way he did, because I can imagine that either he had no clue how to handle someone like her, or that he was scared to death and just wanted her to not freak out on him. And we saw that she could be fun and charming on occasion. I honestly put more blame on the experts. And I'm glad Zack is free.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Myrla's employer currently has openings for education coaches. The listed salary range is $93,600 - $140,400. Is Gil currently doing something more lucrative than fighting fires in the Houston area for $46-$55K?

Gil is also a trainer. Don’t know how much he makes doing that. 

13 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Bet those boots were about a thousand bucks.  Maybe more.

Doesn’t she buy second hand on Poshmark?

Oh Brett I couldn’t stop looking at her saggy breasts in that horrible green dress. 

How in the world did they get so saggy???  And why in the would would she let anybody see them?

I don’t believe much in plastic surgery but that girl really needs a lift!

Yes Mryla wants Rachael to be her buddy. I think Rachael likes it both ways and will stay on her own until Jose says no more. 

Wouldn’t you love to know the inside skinny on all of them!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Ryan said something that I find rather interesting. He seemed to imply that Myrla doesn't Rachel to get back with Jose and was working on keeping them apart.  

Hmmm … I wonder why.  Myrla and Rachel like to spend money.  Jose does not.

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, Rae Spellman said:

Myrla's employer currently has openings for education coaches. The listed salary range is $93,600 - $140,400. Is Gil currently doing something more lucrative than fighting fires in the Houston area for $46-$55K?

He did say ‘he takes home $100 more per week’—maybe Myrla’s just spending hers faster?

• Love 1

This episode made me question my initial impression of Zack & Gil. Zack is probably just a “fuck boi”. I think he’s attracted to Michyla but doesn’t really like her very much.I think he couldn’t care less about marriage but he likes the occasional roll in the hay. I don’t think Gil is as heartbroken as he wants us to believe.  I definitely think he wants another season & I think Myrla agreed to stay till the end so they could pull this off & he could be the poor guy who deserves another chance.

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Real4real said:

He did say ‘he takes home $100 more per week’—maybe Myrla’s just spending hers faster?

Gil also mentioned he had really good benefits at his job, so I took his statement about taking home more than Myrna to mean she spends  more on retirement and insurance than he does.  She might also contribute to savings directly from her check, technically resulting in her net check being smaller even though she makes much more than him.

My issue with Myrla is that if economic stability was so important to her, then this was not the show for her.   Most of the guys cast are pretty average professional earners.   And she seemed to be looking for someone who made significantly more than her.  

Edited by After7Only
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

Myrla's employer currently has openings for education coaches. The listed salary range is $93,600 - $140,400. Is Gil currently doing something more lucrative than fighting fires in the Houston area for $46-$55K?

Could be. But also, he worded it very specifically, "every two weeks" he made more than she did. Does she get paid monthly and he bi-monthly? Or should I just go to sleep?

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, endure said:

I seriously think there’s something wrong with this generation, they’re all so self centered.

I think these days there is combination of things going on. One is not wanting to settle. By that I mean, their mate MUST have specific qualifications to be worthy of their love. No bending. I'm all for knowing your worth and what you want. It's just that there will always be some things about someone you don't like. I say value some things and bend on others. Be realistic. Too many options. All these dating apps and stuff make dating like an all you can eat buffet. People rather keep searching for the one than settling down with one. Lastly, people are just too damn busy these days. Constantly working, side hustles, always on the go. You even look at people like Myrla and Rachel. They don't really want a spouse. They want a traveling buddy or an accessory to their lives. 

There is way too much judgment on what people make these days too. Talking about Gil like he's a broke boy. Even if his take home is 56k. Do people just not understand how many people give anything to make that much a year? Most people won't touch 6 figures a year in their life. That doesn't mean they are hurting for money. At all. Most things people spend money on, they truly do not need anyway.

I also don't understand all the focus on Brett's boobs. The girls were out but it wasn't even THAT bad. Also, as a straight man, i can guarantee you most men would not give a damn that her breast sag. They are big. That would be a selling point for many many guys. I've watched this season with plenty of dudes at work. None of them have anything about her chest other than how big her boobs are. Not in a negative way at all. She could use more support for herself and her body. It won't scare most dudes away.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16

Very Unpopular Opinion: Gil is the least attractive husband this season.

Gil told his mother Myrla that makes almost twice as much as he does. He told Kevin he makes $100 more a week than she does. Maybe his income increased after decision day. Otherwise, why would he tell his mother on camera that he made less? Also, if he made a little more than Myrla before decision day and spent a lot less, how did Gil have significantly less savings than Myrla? 

A school of thought says Gil is better looking than Myrla, a nicer person to be around, and an all around amazing dude who cares more about saving the citizens of Houston than wearing expensive shoes. Therefore Myrla should thank her lucky stars that the often inept experts matched them. Maybe a very small part of Myrla wondered ever so briefly if she could be happy enough with Gil. If they could earn enough on Couple's Cam to pay for a mommy makeover. 

Eventually, they consummated their marriage and said yes on decision day. Then Myrla realized that there are other ways to earn enough money to buy luxury goods. They were ultimately incompatible and would be unhappy if they stayed together. 

While Myrla may enjoy spending time with single Rachel, she's in good company with the opinion that Rachel and Jose probably shouldn't be together long term. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TheBride said:

Right??? They're not nice and perky....the girls are hanging around her waist!!! I bet it's a real turn-off to most men.

I'm not a man but Brett's were the most unattractive and cringeworthy display of boobage I've ever seen on TV or just about anywhere in my life.  And I've seen a lot of boobage displayed in my 63 years.  

4 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Old Lady Boobs.  No offense.  I am one.

My boobs are perkier than hers and I'm 63, LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TheBride said:

Well, it looks like this entire set of couples was a big bust. 

Whoever spilled the tea early on that they had it on good authority that none of them were together by the reunion was right.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, buttersister said:

The whole time that was happening I was thinking that she probably doesn't get mad, she gets even.  I was just being hopeful that she was sincere about how she said she felt about him, but apparently even that was part of the revenge.  Truly scary.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Rae Spellman said:

Yeah he was full of shit.  He probably makes $100 more every two weeks than she makes in ONE week.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
38 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I also don't understand all the focus on Brett's boobs. The girls were out but it wasn't even THAT bad. Also, as a straight man, i can guarantee you most men would not give a damn that her breast sag. They are big. That would be a selling point for many many guys. I've watched this season with plenty of dudes at work. None of them have anything about her chest other than how big her boobs are. Not in a negative way at all. She could use more support for herself and her body. It won't scare most dudes away.

If Brett wants to find a man for more than sex she should think about presenting herself so a man might be able to think of something other than her boobs to like about her.  Ryan has said that he actually refrained from having sex with her because he didn't want to lead her on that there was hope of anything more than that between them.  He actually did the right thing, but not every guy would do that when faced with those breasts.  They may find them attractive but for what?  Just sex, nothing more.  She is just asking to be used.

And yes, it was THAT bad.  Sure, a whole lot of guys would find them attractive but most of them are certainly not thinking about having a relationship much less a marriage with her, and those breasts might even be scaring nice guys looking for marriage and family.  The poor girl doesn't know how she is sabotaging herself. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, buttersister said:

Could be. But also, he worded it very specifically, "every two weeks" he made more than she did. Does she get paid monthly and he bi-monthly? Or should I just go to sleep?

LOL, go to sleep.  😉

He said he made $100 dollars more than her every two weeks, but he didn't specify whether he was comparing that to two weeks of her salary.  He could make $100 more than her in TWO weeks than she makes in ONE.  Which would kind of square with what he told his mother, actually.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, TheBride said:

Well, it looks like this entire set of couples was a big bust. 

That's what Brett said! 😉

Apparently red-soled Gil isn't above being "bougie." And Myrla meant it when she requested "no bald men"! 

Vaya con Dios, Jose. 

Ryan and his sister are not only doppelgangers, but are also boring in speech. Thanksgiving with the family must be a laugh-riot. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, kristen111 said:

OMG .. Bretts outfit.  Way too much.

7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Brett’s outfit is hideous. The color is good but everything else is awful. 

No, color not good too vivid, just like her hair.  Breasts on display were Not for sitting.

6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Is she going to take flight with those boots?  They look like propellers.

Puss and Boots.  Not for sitting down interviews.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Gil is also a trainer. Don’t know how much he makes doing that. 

Doesn’t she buy second hand on Poshmark?

Oh Brett I couldn’t stop looking at her saggy breasts in that horrible green dress. 

How in the world did they get so saggy???  And why in the would would she let anybody see them?

I don’t believe much in plastic surgery but that girl really needs a lift!

Yes Mryla wants Rachael to be her buddy. I think Rachael likes it both ways and will stay on her own until Jose says no more. 

Wouldn’t you love to know the inside skinny on all of them!

Myrla: Poshmark was just a guess I made. But it would make sense!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I think these days there is combination of things going on. One is not wanting to settle. By that I mean, their mate MUST have specific qualifications to be worthy of their love. No bending. I'm all for knowing your worth and what you want. It's just that there will always be some things about someone you don't like. I say value some things and bend on others. Be realistic. Too many options. All these dating apps and stuff make dating like an all you can eat buffet. People rather keep searching for the one than settling down with one. Lastly, people are just too damn busy these days. Constantly working, side hustles, always on the go. You even look at people like Myrla and Rachel. They don't really want a spouse. They want a traveling buddy or an accessory to their lives. 

There is way too much judgment on what people make these days too. Talking about Gil like he's a broke boy. Even if his take home is 56k. Do people just not understand how many people give anything to make that much a year? Most people won't touch 6 figures a year in their life. That doesn't mean they are hurting for money. At all. Most things people spend money on, they truly do not need anyway.

Your "plenty of dudes" would've loved my grandmother! 📉  😆

• LOL 3