Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E18: Houston Reunion, Part 1

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I think Gil was too busy smelling himself to see the handwriting on the wall.  

Agreed. But, also if he'd seen the writing on the wall maybe he could have bought himself some more time. She said she choose to love him. He was so patient. He was more than she could ask for.  Maybe she was trying to speak what she wanted into existence. Maybe, just maybe she thought things would improve after he stopped performing for the cameras and instead HE was worse.

My initial impression was that neither of them liked the other. My later impression was that they were both playing us, the viewing audience. Maybe Gil is heartbroken not because he loved Myrla and she broke his heart but because she broke the deal they had. 

After all of this, I have no idea what is or was really going on.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

^^^Agreed. There is a lot missing from their stories. Myrla seemed to be very unwilling to discuss her change of heart. But she is telling lies - either she did love Gil (I choose to love my husband) and she was attracted to him (they kissed and had sex) - in which case she's lying NOW that she never loved him/felt attracted; OR she never did love him or feel attracted - in which case she lied repeatedly on camera during the season. So which is it? 

Personally, I think it's more about money. But again, we're not getting the full story. We still don't know how much each makes, how much they spend/save/send to relatives, or why it's been such a bone of contention. Where's Jose and his whiteboard when you need him?

Like I said before, I'm not surprised at all that they broke up, I just didn't expect it to be this way, and I didn't expect Myrla to be the instigator. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

How or why does a guy with all of Gil's options fall in love so quickly and deeply with a woman who is negative, who has forgotten where she came from, and whose values are so incompatible with his?  Myrla may be as terrible as some say. 

I don't think that Myrla has forgotten where she came from. In fact, I think it's with her constantly and it is what drives her ambition.

• Love 6
On 11/19/2021 at 7:28 AM, Lindz said:

I'm liking Zack's Zero Fvcks energy. 😂 He is NOT holding back! He said it was the worst relationship he's ever been in. He said he wish he would've left... Uh. Perfect opportunity to ask why he didn't!!! But no. KF basically said Zack played Michaela & it spiraled with Zack's BS & KF's countering. Meh. Too high emotion... I don't get Zack saying it's his fault, he abandoned her so that's why she acted a fool. It sounded sarcastic or was he looking for KF to say it wasn't? 🤔

I'm pretty sure the newly weds are pressured and threatened (yes! threatened) by production and the twisted help from the experts to stay to the end. That's why we get so many nonsense stories and nights not spent in the apartments. I really can't fault the cast for not leaving when we think the should but I do fault them for not treating the person they married to with respect. If not for human decency than for the fact they are on camera and I'd be afraid bad behavior would hurt my job.

• Love 4

Another side eye to Brett, like Johnny, for calling the experience war. Gimme a damn break! 😂😂 Bonus side eye to Zack for saying it wasn't a rollercoaster, it was up, then down.... like a rollercoaster... 😒😒 Is he one of those people that say no? 

• Love 1

I think Johnny only said he wanted to stay in the marriage so that he would look like the good guy. I'm glad Bao didn't fall for it. He was trashing her the whole Season and now he wants to stay? I didn't believe it.

2 minutes ago, antfitz said:

I think Johnny only said he wanted to stay in the marriage so that he would look like the good guy. I'm glad Bao didn't fall for it. He was trashing her the whole Season and now he wants to stay? I didn't believe it.

2 minutes ago, antfitz said:

Sooo 5 out of 5 are out.  You probably have better odds and a bar.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, antfitz said:

Brett needs to put her boobs inside. They are  big and saggy and they need to be held up with a bra.

I'd really be interested in Brett's thinking for presenting herself in this way because whatever her thinking is (assuming it's a conscious decision at her age to appear "sexy") it's obviously not working.

She desperately needs to work with some stylist (maybe in a department store) to address her inability to handle her cleavage in a more "supportive" way!

• Like 1
  • Love 8

I think you’d have better luck ending up in a healthy, long-lasting marriage by going on US Big Brother, than being on this show. At this point I think BB is now at six marriages between contestants plus a couple of engagements. No divorces. I guess meeting, living with and really getting to know your partner before you get married actually does help the longevity of a marriage! 

• Love 4

I've read all the posts about the type of man/relationship Myrla wants/should have (way too many to quote) and the most popular qualities seem to be "wealthy", "adoring her", "allowing her to be who she is while making few demands of her", "prioritizing her wants and needs".

I'm surprised no one has mentioned what I think would be the logical way for Myrla to get what she wants: marketing herself on a sugar baby website!

It's not true that all sugar daddies expect or want sex in exchange for financial support. Many of them just want a pretty woman who's able to carry on a conversation for occasional companionship (dinners/parties/trips/etc). 

I think that is the ideal place for Myrna to look for the kind of man and relationship she seems to want.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I think would be the logical way for Myrla to get what she wants: marketing herself on a sugar baby website!

I think I saw an episode on "Dateline" or another reality TV "news" show that highlighted that organization (Sugar Baby). 

I don't think Myrla would be appropriate for that organization because from what I recall, the targeted women were very young (none older than 25) AND Mryla is not in need of anyone financially "supporting her."  

I agree that she would probably enjoy going out for dinner (maybe dancing) from time to time with someone who found her attractive and interesting, however, I think her best bet would be sticking to her family/friends/work colleagues who would no doubt expect nothing more from her than she was ready to provide.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, pdlinda said:

I think I saw an episode on "Dateline" or another reality TV "news" show that highlighted that organization (Sugar Baby). 

I don't think Myrla would be appropriate for that organization because from what I recall, the targeted women were very young (none older than 25) AND Mryla is not in need of anyone financially "supporting her."  <snip>

There isn't a "sugar baby organization" AFAIK.

There are multiple sugar baby websites that operate similarly to dating websites. Any woman of any age can create a profile - and it's free. Men are charged a fee to post their profiles. When a man contacts a woman on the site, if she's Interested they can arrange to meet in person. If they're still both interested at that point, they'll discuss expectations, frequency, and money.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

There are multiple sugar baby websites that operate similarly to dating websites. Any woman of any age can create a profile - and it's free. Men are charged a fee to post their profiles. When a man contacts a woman on the site, if she's Interested they can arrange to meet in person. If they're still both interested at that point, they'll discuss expectations, frequency, and money.

Somehow, I don't see Myrla participating in that type of website (of course I may be wrong).

What I was thinking is that Myrla is going to team up with Rachel (presuming her "honeymoon" period with Jose fizzles and she leaves him) and both of them go on some foreign trips (maybe cruises) and wind up meeting a # of eligible men some of whom they pursue after the trip is over.  

The prominent feature of Myrla's status after appearing on the show is that she considers herself (probably with good cause) a "minor celebrity" and, despite her poor reviews for dumping Gil so unceremoniously, there are still a # of eligible prospects out there interested in dating her.  Whether she acts on her newly-found "status" or not is, of course, up to her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/17/2021 at 6:48 PM, mythoughtis said:

Rachel managed to get a college degree?  Exactly How? 

Myrla’s picture is in the dictionary next to the definitions of  diva and high-maintenance.   How can she not see it?
Gil said he makes $100 more every two weeks than Myrla.  Which means she doesn’t make all that much 

why did she say yes at decision day? Why did she let him give up his lease and sell his stuff?  He probably spent the money on her too.  To say she never loved him, and was never happy, then her last month on the show was a lie.  She was all over him at the ranch.  Now we know why Gils’ best man  said she was awful. 

It was stupid of Gil to sell his stuff and get rid of this lease, but Myrla should have stopped him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Yes - but Myrla has claimed to want a husband and I don’t think many men who want sugar babies end up marrying them.

On 11/19/2021 at 10:35 PM, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that Myrla has forgotten where she came from. In fact, I think it's with her constantly and it is what drives her ambition.

Agreed. She’s said as much on the show many times.

• Love 1

Somehow, I don't see Myrla participating in that type of website (of course I may be wrong).

Myrla likes expensive things and somehow from that she has been presented as someone who only wants a rich man to take care of her (even though she has supported herself very nicely thus far), doesn't care about love and left Gil because he didn't make enough money.

I don't buy any of that. I don't think that she was falling in love with Gil and perhaps part of it was that they have different philosophies on finances. That happens with plenty of couples and it doesn't mean that the more financially driven person will marry a rich person, love be damned. I don't see Myrla with someone who sees her as an employee (albeit perhaps a well-compensated one), which is how sugar daddies view the relationship. I think she does want a partner but absent one she is over the moon about, she prefers to stay single. I don't blame her.

It was stupid of Gil to sell his stuff and get rid of this lease, but Myrla should have stopped him. 

Perhaps she tried and he did it anyway. Perhaps he did it without telling her first. Gil is an adult and he made the choices he made. Myrla isn't responsible for that.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Sycophant4Lease said:

I wonder what Gil is doing for money these days.  He's let his beard grow, and firefighters are required to be clean shaven.

Depending on how quickly his beard grows and/or how much vacation he gets maybe he was just off from work long enough to let his beard grow and will shave the morning he goes back to work. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Gator Stud said:

Myrla just should have been honest with Gil that she didn’t see a future with him. He would’ve stopped himself from selling everything.  Two weeks after moving in she told him it wasn’t working out.  I think she had a clue long before that. She’s a smart enough cookie to have known that she just didn’t have that sexual thing for him. She showed it from the beginning.   I just think that she lead him on to think that they could continue to work on the marriage and she wasn’t interested and she knew that she just wanted to get past the filming so she wouldn’t look bad to her clients. I know if I was a client I’d be side eyeing at her at the lack of integrity.   Pretty much of the time she acted as Gil had the cooties so she knew she wasn’t going to be able to stay in it. I think that she started kissing him and trying to be affectionate because it seems so unreasonable either you like somebody and are attracted to them or you’re just not. 

Edited by Kira53
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I for one will not miss Jamie O on Unfiltered. I also unfollowed her on IG. I just couldn't stand the constant TMI and half naked pictures of herself. Good Riddance.

I almost wish they would hire someone that was not a former participant, like a Kevin Frazier. Although, he bugs me too sometimes - I hate that he takes sides and badgers people. It's too much and sometimes looks like bullying to me.

If I had to pick a replacement from the participant pool, I would say Woody and Amani, or Ashley and Anthony. Or shoot, even rotating people would 

Kevin Frazier takes sides.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2021 at 3:58 PM, gingerandcloves said:

I noticed the unattractive boobage right away too. I do think she's a cute girl though. I'm not holding out hope for these matches any more. Even the preview is saying the new season is "Drama, drama drama". Great. SMH. I might hang on for the San Diego season just to see if it's any better but if it's still as bad, I think I'm done with this show.

I feel the same. I mostly skipped this last season after seeing the spoilers that none of the couples stayed together. I made it to through the weddings. I didn't want to slog through another shit show like the one prior to this one - it went on for almost six months! The minute I hear the show bragging about "drama drama drama" I am immediately on alert that it's another garbage season. I really don't expect all of the couples to stay married, but 1/10 in the last two seasons is pathetic. And if you look back the last four seasons, there are only four couples out of 20! It's even more frustrating when we can tell in two episodes that the people are mismatched or worse, that the people they have chosen are terrible people who should never had made it past the first round. I am not here for "drama drama drama."

Edited by Ilovepie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Myrla baffles me. She seemed to become genuinely fond of Gil, and she certainly expressed to Dr. Pepper, complete with authentic-appearing tears, that she was happy with him as a husband. She never struck me as a cruel person, but her post-show treatment of Gil sure makes her look like one. Even if she quickly realized they were just not compatible for the long haul, there was no need for her to be so abrupt about leaving him or to say she never had feelings for him. And it looks like she and Johnny kind of rub their rumored relationship in his face on the upcoming second part of the reunion. (I realize this may all be scripted, but if I dont take it at face value to some extent, there would be no point in watching at all.)

Edited by bref
  • Love 4

During the interview process I believe she told Dr. pepper that she was a very sexual person but at the altar she was Lady Madonna, the virginal bride who couldn’t even kiss at the altar.

... for a virginal bride, she was practically naked at the altar. Sort of a virginal faux pas there (to say nothing of incredibly bad taste). She loves attention, but inside she's as cold and dead as Luke was after sex with Kate. While I feel bad for Gil, in the end he dodged an enormous, tacky, overpriced bullet.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
On 11/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Crashcourse said:

Well, he had on his pimp outfit complete with pimp shoes for the reunion show, so......who knows? 🙄

Pimp outfit? Are you just not used to men dressing nicely in bold colors? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, Crashcourse said:

Well, he had on his pimp outfit complete with pimp shoes for the reunion show, so......who knows? 🙄

What about Gil suggested “Pimp?”  Implicit bias?

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

What about Gil suggested “Pimp?”  Implicit bias?

To me he looked like he was intentionally trying for the 1970's villain in a cop movie look.  And that's not based on implicit bias, just having lived through that era and having seen many such movies.

Edited by Yeah No

I felt for Gil.  What I don't understand is why Myrla kept taking his abusive comments in stride.  If they were bothering her that much she should have said something at the time, not continue to lead him on and then drop a bomb on him at the end.  I don't think she wanted the "bitch" edit so she kept her mouth shut and just continued to take it and take it, all the while building up resentments for him that in the end were too great to get over.  Gil is another one that the experts are too soft on.  It's no wonder to me why Myrla didn't see him as for her in the end.  I don't understand why none of them could see his role in that happening.  They probably have it set in their heads that it's all about Myrla and her picky diva persona and they're blinded to what effect Gil's constant criticism was having on her.