Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E03: Bianca's Journey LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, OoogleEyes said:

Me too! It really worked....until it murdered you.

Sheeh. I wonder sometimes how I made it through the 80's 

You are both still alive, so it worked and DIDN'T murder you! I am so jealous!

I used to use Dexatrim in the 80s, when it was made of Phenylpropanolamine and Pseudoephedrine. Man, that stuff was like appetite-killing rocket fuel. I could clean really well on it, too. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

Anybody seen Dr. Now's book?

It's on amazon. It's a little expensive. If you read the sample, he has a lot of background info on obesity and emotions/attitudes that make for successful weight loss. I bet it's not bad if you've never heard any of this before. It's not just a calorie count book. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

I feel like we are not the target audience for this commercial for going to church...

a commercial for going to church? I am behind and FFing thru the commercials.  I will have to go back and see that one.

• LOL 3
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

She's another one, though, who equates eating healthy with "never eating anything good again". She's going to have to learn to love salad. 

Spinach salad is one of the most delicious foods, but I've loved spinach since I was a child.

• Love 5

month 1 604, month 3 (?) 558 (down 46 lbs.)     I'm getting hope again.    

I hope she can qualify for the surgery again.   I'm wondering how the endoscopy will go?  

I don't like the head front and back exercise, that will be hard on the neck, and blood vessels. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's another one, though, who equates eating healthy with "never eating anything good again". She's going to have to learn to love salad. 

You know...I do, too. 
I lose best on strong stimulants and diet shakes. I have to pretty much quit food cold turkey (mmm, turkey...with ranch dressing) or I just can't manage to stick to anything. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yup, me thinks she's "cleaning up" the kids dinners after they're finished.  She's off to a good start.....too good in fact.  I'm skeptical, for her kids sake I hope I'm wrong. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, LEILANI2 said:

I think this every episode but why can't she just keep doing this, lose 20 pounds a month til she's at a a reasonable size.

These people don't need this surgery.

Most will never diet long enough to lose all the weight they need to lose. They have physical problems that will kill them before they lose the weight. Many can't move very much and need to lose significant weight quickly so they can add exercise to their program and live long enough to meet their goal. It's complicated. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, LEILANI2 said:

I think this every episode but why can't she just keep doing this, lose 20 pounds a month til she's at a a reasonable size.

These people don't need this surgery.

The 20 pounds a month would decrease to around 10 pounds a month, and it would probably take 2-3 years.  That would be extremely hard to maintain.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, aliya said:

It's on amazon. It's a little expensive. If you read the sample, he has a lot of background info on obesity and emotions/attitudes that make for successful weight loss. I bet it's not bad if you've never heard any of this before. It's not just a calorie count book. 

I saw it on Dr. Now's website, at one point he was selling signed copies.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 7EasyPayments said:

Spinach salad is one of the most delicious foods, but I've loved spinach since I was a child.

I love spinach and I eat it at least twice a week. I eat salad almost every day now, since my doctor read me the riot act this summer and told me I was too fat. So I've been dieting  pretty strictly since. And its been fine. I miss buttered toast but that's the price. If I can manage to dump any tonnage I'll revisit. I just gave up stuff like toast and butter and chips and sandwiches, and eat salad and plain chicken or fish. Every once in a while, an egg. Shrug. If I go out for a meal, which is not often, I have what I want. 

• Love 5

So, she needs a full gastric bypass, because she ate through the first gastric sleeve.   

I hate that moving to Houston should give them a chance to clean out the stuff we all have but don't really need, and everyone packs everything they have and get rid of nothing.       Romonte is doing the right thing, but Bianca will have start doing that for herself.   

Is the parent on Priceline the same as Dr. Rick on Progressive commercials?    The don't turn into your parents one, if I have the company wrong.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4