Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E01: Week 1

DEL901
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

The new season begins

Did my eyes deceive me?  Did the editing?   Did that last guy bring a whole binder on how to get more airtime?

He sure did!  I’m not so sure I’m comfortable with Tayshia and Kaitlynn snooping through the guys’ rooms, though.

• Love 19

I love that the guy with the notes spelled it "Bachlorette" on his little folder. How convenient that the producers had them search the rooms for the first time ever when a guy brought in depth notes about how to strategize.

Has Kaitlyn done even more to her face since last season?! It looks like she can't properly open her eyes. So distracting. I really like Tayshia, but having the two of them as hosts judging all the men and gossiping with the lead felt a little Mean Girls to me last season so I hope the dynamic is better this time around. I don't really care who the host is, but I prefer when they have a bit more of a distance from proceedings. 

I would pick Nayte just to hang out with that pup. He also seems cool, but that dog! 

Michelle looks beautiful, I've always really liked her. She's classy and smart and funny and looks damn good in that gown! 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 14

I, too, am bothered with the co-hosts invasions of privacy.

I am also not a fan of the co-hosts interjecting themselves into Michelle’s journey.

So far, I am impressed with the impressive real jobs and smarts that a lot of these men have. As I typed this the yoga guru in the speedo(?) showed up. Just eww, yucky.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I am also not a fan of the co-hosts interjecting themselves into Michelle’s journey.

Same. I already watched their journeys. Why are we seeing so much of them here?

• Love 16
1 minute ago, SassyCat said:

I am tired of and not impressed with all these gimmicks the men are using in their introductions. It gets tired and most all of them are really dumb looking/sounding.

Like “I just want to show you what it would like waking up next to me for the rest of your life” 🤮

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

“I just want to show you what it would like waking up next to me for the rest of your life” 🤮

"And thanks for that experience because it will never happen again."

I HATE the invasion of privacy, that's was so way off base. Would it be okay for a man host to go through a woman's suitcase and underwear drawer? And maybe everyone made a notebook like that, only this guy got busted with his. Plus you know those two hosts are going to dish all about it because they can't keep their noses out of Michelle's (and everyone else's0 business. HATE it.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

"And thanks for that experience because it will never happen again."

I HATE the invasion of privacy, that's was so way off base. Would it be okay for a man host to go through a woman's suitcase and underwear drawer? And maybe everyone made a notebook like that, only this guy got busted with his. Plus you know those two hosts are going to dish all about it because they can't keep their noses out of Michelle's (and everyone else's0 business. HATE it.

The whole Brendan mess made BiP so talked about….trying to force it this time.  

• Love 6

I agree the "room searching" is all producer driven. I actually like having female hosts, although I don't think they need two. But the guys had Chris H. to talk to for all those seasons, and it's about time the B'ettes have a female to talk to or bounce thoughts off or just not feel like they're the only woman in the world. I think with the Covid situation, it's been an even more isolating experience for the B'ettes, so I'm fine with her having a female or two around. I'm neutral on Kaitlyn (except to feel sad about what she's done to a perfectly nice face), but I like Tayshia and thought she was one of the best Bachelorettes.

• Love 16
(edited)

US Magazine just posted an article… 5 things to know about Ryan.   Interesting reading.  I posted a link in the media thread.  

Since he was sent home, this isn’t a spoiler… the US Magazine stated he was part of Bachelor Live.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Useful 2

As much as I don't love Taysia and Kaitlyn sneaking through the contestants' belongings, I'm glad we got to dispose of Ryan early, instead of having his BS drag out over multiple episodes. Good riddance.

• Love 13

Love how Michelle handled that. She was calm and nice and gave him a chance to explain and show her the notes. Katie would have just screamed at him in front of the others and told him to get out (like she did with Thomas for admitting he'd thought about being the Bachelor). 

• Love 19
8 minutes ago, EllenB said:

. I actually like having female hosts, although I don't think they need two. But the guys had Chris H. to talk to for all those seasons, and it's about time the B'ettes have a female to talk to or bounce thoughts off or just not feel like they're the only woman in the world. I

I agree. I felt that at times on Katie’s season they crossed the line between being a sounding board and influencing Katie’s decisions. I hope that they don’t do it this season.

• Love 5

They need to move the RC to another location. Takes forever up/down the stairs. 

Damn, Rick and Brandon survive and I have to continue to listen to Rick’s boring commentary and Brandon’s cockiness.

I missed what happened with Joe because I’m at work. Someone please enlighten me. Thanks.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 2

I know they think they are building suspense but of course she will keep Joe…for now.   Not a spoiler, just my prediction.  

Of course they kept him for drama purposes. She also kept no pant yoga guru, and room service Rick.…

I know they think they are building suspense but of course she will keep Joe…for now.   Not a spoiler, just my prediction.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I really do not like the first episode on any season and this one was no exception. It’s boring, I don’t know people, and the cheesy entrances make me cringe,. I already think that Brandon dude is skeevy. Joe has gorgeous eyes. Rick looked better looking after getting out of his cart. I’m Italian and that Italian dude was a bit cringe too. Chill man. Best looking for me was the firefighter Daniel in the suspenders. That dude is hoooot. Overall good looking group. 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

They need to move the RC to another location. Takes forever up/down the stairs. 

Damn, Rick and Brandon survive and I have to continue to listen to Rick’s boring commentary and Brandon’s cockiness.

I missed what happened with Joe because I’m at work. Someone please enlighten me. Thanks.

Michelle had an Internet (I don't  know all the sites or terms!) "dating" acquaintance with Joe that he let go poof, no explanation (she called him out on it, too). 

• Useful 1

I’m sorry, but the notion that Ryan having notes was worthy of immediate excommunication is a bit much.  Aside from the comment about seeming to be interested in teaching what exactly did his notes say?  He didn’t want to be cast as a villain; imagine that happening.  And he should remember to listen his friend who told him that he appears arrogant 🤯.

I mean who could imagine that the way people appear is affected by editing?? Or that producers create villains?  How outlandish.  I think they set him up to be able to act as if this is a spontaneous process that doesn’t obey genre rules.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

He sure did!  I’m not so sure I’m comfortable with Tayshia and Kaitlynn snooping through the guys’ rooms, though.

Normally, I'd agree but it was clearly producer driven.  There is no privacy on the bachelor/bachelorette.  Ironically, if he had done a little bit of research before he left, he'd know that the producers or production assistants comb through everyone's things to make sure there isn't anything "forbidden" like a phone or a camera...etc. being hidden.

4 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I would pick Nayte just to hang out with that pup. He also seems cool, but that dog!

That. Dog! He (or she) got my first impression rose.

3 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Joe is also from MN.  He and Michelle had been exchanging some DMs via Instagram, I believe, a while ago.  He then stopped responding to her.  She asked him why.  He said he had some properties near where George Floyd was killed and he was distracted/ wasn't in the right frame of mind to date.  Or something like that.  

I don't think the issue is that he stopped talking to her but rather the fact that he had a chance with her pre-The Bachelorette, chose to stop communicating with her and now that she's the bachelorette, he wants to date her? 

26 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

I’m sorry, but the notion that Ryan having notes was worthy of immediate excommunication is a bit much.  Aside from the comment about seeming to be interested in teaching what exactly did his notes say?

Let's face it, she probably saw "bachlorette" and made her decision then and there.  It's not that she'd automatically boot someone with poor spelling but putting it all together may have been too much.  I don't think notes by themselves are terrible.  But there was something in the notes that said "you come off as mean and vindictive so bury that part of yourself."  And this is either a self-assessment or an assessment from a friend saying this about him. It also said things like "share a fact about a teacher" and "share a tragic backstory to guarantee a rose."  These are all very true things if you want to get screen time as a contestant but I don't blame Michelle for feeling like she's not going to get an authentic experience with him. They were practically scripts for episodes.

One of my favorite moments from the night was when she grilled apple guy on his choice of apple and he chose one of the few non-red apples. 

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

Well, if we're getting down to brass tacks, the show's PTB didn't have to allow Minnesota Joe on, did they? And why didn't he tell Michelle straight up that they "knew" each other? Instead, he's walking away and she calls out his last name. I would look to Joe as an underhanded weasel  along with Notebook Ryan.

Previews look like there's lots of fun in store. Michelle seems like a good sport! 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 3

Production really bent over backwards to make it look like they had this fun room-searching stunt and WHOOPS discovered that notebook. I think the reverse is what really happened.  Sort of like the "Demi and Katie sleuths out the guy with the girlfriend from the spy van" schtick in Hannah B's season.

• Love 10

The Game of Roses podcasters have written a book which will be out in January called “How to Win The Bachelor.”  They binge-watched every season so they really did a lot of research.  I wonder how many future contestants will be hiding that in their luggage.   Lol

• Love 3

My feet hurt just from watching her go up and down those stairs. 

A few notes is one thing -- Ryan looked like he had a whole dossier as if he was getting instructions on a mission from Fearless Leader.  Too much, dude.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

He also had sections labeled strategy with brief attributes of former contestants that got them far. 

Those stairs are too much. Props to Michelle for making it through night 1 with no incident. 

image.jpeg

Edited by dizzyd
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

so did anyone else notice there was ZERO mention of her on the last bachelor, ususally they show the whole love story and heart break?? either he is on the outs or noone wanted to see the open eyed kissing lol.

I looked at Kaitlyn carefully and her face has gotten even more distorted--one of her eyes pop out and her cheeks look overly hard. I really wish she would go to a cosmetic surgeon and see if she can undo this stuff. I actually feel sorry for her....

Edited by nlkm9
add
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I had something else I had to watch last night, so  today, I  got all set to watch it on the website while eating my lunch.  The first words I heard were from a commercial saying, "This is your vagina." I almost gagged on my sandwich.  For one thing I happen to know there are no blonde models in my vagina. Did they show that on network TV?

Edited by JudyObscure
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, nlkm9 said:

so did anyone else notice there was ZERO mention of her on the last bachelor, ususally they show the whole love story and heart break?? either he is on the outs or noone wanted to see the open eyed kissing lol.

Both. Matt who? 

2021 is now the year of bachelor world making a point to call out/make examples contestants that are "wrong reasons". First Thomas (bachelor goals - though it didn't work out too bad for him), then Brendan/Piper, now whatever his name is. I rarely side with production but they have a point, which is, just hide it better. People are getting sloppy. Two binders with loose pages of typed and hand labelled notes with misspellings? Dude. How bad is your reading comprehension that you can't just remember the basic content. It is literally not rocket science. 

Maybe I'm nuts but there's something about Clayton's mouth / nose shape &  ratio remind me of Bill Clinton. It's very disconcerting. But if they were related it wouldn't shock me.

Michelle seems lovely and most of her guys are pretty cute, so I'm looking forward to this season. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I had something else I had to watch last night, so  today, I  got all set to watch it on the website while eating my lunch.  The first words I heard were from a commercial saying, "This is your vagina." I almost gagged on my sandwich.  For one thing I happen to know there are no blonde models in my vagina. Did they show that on network TV?

I've definitely seen it on network tv.  

Edited by greeneyedscorpio
I actually can't be sure it was on network
5 hours ago, janeyjay said:

A few notes is one thing -- Ryan looked like he had a whole dossier as if he was getting instructions on a mission from Fearless Leader.  Too much, dude.

I agree, it's "too much, dude," but is there NO privacy?  Would something be brought up "to Legal," if TWO MEN went through a female contestant's luggage?

It was interesting and enlightening to note the extent of the information he was "researching.  STILL...I think it was an invasion of privacy.  I wonder if the franchise's contracts are ironclad enough to abolve them of this invasion of privacy AND humiliation on national television?  His PRIVATE luggage!

P.S.  I'm glad he's gone, but still.....

11 hours ago, phlebas said:

Production really bent over backwards to make it look like they had this fun room-searching stunt and WHOOPS discovered that notebook. I think the reverse is what really happened.  Sort of like the "Demi and Katie sleuths out the guy with the girlfriend from the spy van" schtick in Hannah B's season.

This might have to be defended in court.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I agree, it's "too much, dude," but is there NO privacy?  Would something be brought up "to Legal," if TWO MEN went through a female contestant's luggage?

It was interesting and enlightening to note the extent of the information he was "researching.  STILL...I think it was an invasion of privacy.  I wonder if the franchise's contracts are ironclad enough to abolve them of this invasion of privacy AND humiliation on national television?  His PRIVATE luggage!

P.S.  I'm glad he's gone, but still.....

This might have to be defended in court.

Yes, it has been confirmed by previous contestants that contracts give production the right to search.  Mostly, the are looking for electronics which are banned and drugs.  I am sure when 5hey found their files, the planning went 8th overdrive on what would be the best way to “discover” it on camera. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Refresh said:

Both. Matt who? 

2021 is now the year of bachelor world making a point to call out/make examples contestants that are "wrong reasons". First Thomas (bachelor goals - though it didn't work out too bad for him), then Brendan/Piper, now whatever his name is. I rarely side with production but they have a point, which is, just hide it better. People are getting sloppy. Two binders with loose pages of typed and hand labelled notes with misspellings? Dude. How bad is your reading comprehension that you can't just remember the basic content. It is literally not rocket science. 

Maybe I'm nuts but there's something about Clayton's mouth / nose shape &  ratio remind me of Bill Clinton. It's very disconcerting. But if they were related it wouldn't shock me.

Michelle seems lovely and most of her guys are pretty cute, so I'm looking forward to this season. 

Wait, yes to Clayton looking like Bill Clinton!! I thought he reminded me of someone, but I couldn’t think of who. It’s def Bill Clinton. 

I think Clayton is a lot more attractive on camera than he is in his headshot they’ve been showing when saying he’s the next bachelor. 

• Love 3

I thought the "playbook" was at least in part producer manipulated, like maybe Ryan mentioned during one of his auditions that he'd been studying the show, so the producers egged him on to create a binder and bring it with him. He doesn't seem like someone who's a natural strategist.

I like Michelle's assertive, no-BS way of dealing with the men, so much better than shrill Katie. Michelle's wardrobe is a million times better too. The jumpsuit and booties look she wore when she arrived at the hotel is really hard to pull off, but she looked great in it.

Lots of handsome guys there, but nobody really stood out personality-wise. Hope that changes soon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

The first time I saw this commercial was during a Wreck It Ralph movie on Freeform. I still can’t believe they showed it during a kids movie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Reality Steve seems to think that Ryan guy was in on the joke of his "playbook" a bit with producers. He certainly is closer to the franchise than he said, as he was one of the Bachelors for that weird Bachelor Live Tour they did a year or two ago. 

• Useful 7