Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Same As It Ever Was

secnarf
  • Start Topic

Max advises a young student at a science fair but encounters legal complications with her brilliant invention. Bloom encourages Dr. Shinwari to be more aggressive in the ED. Iggy gets a lesson in humility. Brantley has a surprise for the staff.

Original air date 10/05/2021

I’m really disappointed with the show. Do the writers not realize how inappropriate Bloom’s conduct is?  It seems like she bullying her girlfriend.

And why does Iggy want to force his students to self loathing like he does?  Being overwrought with feigned guilt seems rather overly indulgent, imo.  

Im familiar with actor who plays the new director,  I hope Max leaves it alone and goes on his way, instead of taking it as a challenge.  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m really disappointed with the show. Do the writers not realize how inappropriate Bloom’s conduct is?  It seems like she bullying her girlfriend.

And why does Iggy want to force his students to self loathing like he does?  Being overwrought with feigned guilt seems rather overly indulgent, imo.  

Im familiar with actor who plays the new director,  I hope Max leaves it alone and goes on his way, instead of taking it as a challenge.  

Agree with your first 2 paragraphs, and I'm so disappointed with this season so far.  Again, I have no idea what the showrunner/writers were thinking over the summer but currently, I'm not liking this direction.

Max & Dr. Fuentes - you know there HAS to be tension and drama🙄.  Not really looking forward to this "filler" arc until they decided when and duration of Sharpwin in London.

I said the same thing as the poster above me about Lauren pushing Leyla around. It’s so unfair to Leyla to not only be made the target of the residents’ bullying (at least the one worked nicely with her this episode), but to have Lauren keep publicly yelling at her at work. Like WTF? Seriously when they opened the supply closet I half expected Lauren to fess up about the bribe. 

The Floyd hallucination plotline was dumb too. My friend and I were watching together and were trying to decide if he had a brain tumor or had been drugged. (I was expecting him to collapse dramatically in the OR but I watch too much TV, clearly.) Like why not just keep the patient on the table the same the whole time and have Floyd say later that he is losing count of how often it happens? That storyline could’ve been done in a less absurd way. And leave his boring girlfriend out of it.

I seriously thought Helen was going to tell Max that she wanted to break up or that she needed to go to London alone and figure things out. I didn’t expect that she’d agree to move in after her talk with Karen and saying how she thinks it was all a mistake and she’s out of control, etc. 

I wish we’d get more of Iggy and Martin’s relationship. They’re the only couple on this show who seem even remotely realistic and sure of each other at this point and they respect/treat each other well.

I don’t like this new medical director. She’s too far ice queen for me. And it can’t be at all realistic that she starts wandering the ER taking notes with nobody telling the staff who she is. Can it? 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 9

IMO, I think the Luna "interruption" could have been handled in a more light-hearted manner instead of the perturbed look on Helen's face.  Helen could have simply said, "oh, there's our Miss Luna/looks like Miss Luna's up", etc.   It's not as if  she doesn't know Max has a child and she always seemed to be happy around Luna previously. She's been portrayed as being very fond of the "little munchkin", so again, imo, her reaction just seemed a little off/odd for someone who espouses to love children and wants badly to be a mum.   

Max has handled everything by himself for the last 2 years and yes, Helen is a single, jetsetting woman--no kids/parental responsibilities.   Max loves Luna and runs around work (and home) like a tornado/hurricane, so why would his housekeeping/parenting style be any different, LOL! Sadly, Helen's conversation with Lauren--meant to be humorous I'm sure--instead seemed nitpicky (lighten up Helen--period of adjustment) and reminded me of disapproving Gwen/Calvin when they came to Max's apartment and saw Luna eating her spicy breakfast, the messy house and no food.   So after all that, I was shocked and surprised that Helen would want to move in with him--especially after the Brantley conversation!! I figured she would sway, "we're moving into my place"!  but I guess she didn't want him to ruin her loft, LOL!!

Science fair case - unrealistic (to sue) but interesting twist ending

Brantley conversation - she thinks it's a mistake for them to be together IF Helen can't handle Max's "idiosyncrasies" - WOW!  So once again, that promo may not have been so much out of context😉

Where the hell is Malvo's husband that she can spend the night(s) with Floyd?  He does work in the same hospital!!  And I was confused with Floyd - was he hallucinating or what?  Guess he was just overwhelmed with all the unnecessary shootings.

Fuentes - seems similar situation to the "renowned" doctor that Dr. Kao mistakenly & regrettably hired to replace Kapoor.  So now Fuentes (iron fist in velvet glove) will try to overturn/undo everything that Max has done/accomplished.   More unnecessary drama as a filler until they decided what to do with Sharpwin & London arc.

Edited by cathmed
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s Michelle Forbes. 
I’ve been watching a lot of Indian movies lately so I wanted to follow that guy going back to his daughter’s wedding! 😏 

I miss Dr. Kapoor. 😢

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Uh, wouldn’t the medical director of a hospital have a say in every staff member hired, especially his replacement?

You would have to ask that resident working with Dr Kapoor before he left. She was the one in charge of hiring and firing, remember? 

Where is she anyway? I liked her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

It’s just bizarre, silly…..idk.  Not good, imo.  I may just let this go.  What’s the thing with the writers writing stories that make you detest the characters?  

I think I may have...I've skipped the last two episodes, now. Reading the comments, I'm mildly curious what the science fair issue/lawsuit was, but that's about it.

Last week I literally forgot to turn it on, because there's nothing I'm watching on TV between Jeopardy and NA on Tuesday right now. This week I decided ahead of time I'd wait and see if the comments here made me curious enough to go catch up on demand. Not sure they have.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Helen is shocked that Max snores. Anyone else surprised they’ve been together as they long as they have and they haven’t spent the tonight with each other? 

I’m finding Helen’s flip flopping here really frustrating. I know that in show time, several hours probably lapsed between Helen’s conversation with Karen and then telling Max she’s moving in. But in real time, it’s like Helen can’t stand him one minute and the next she’s like I love you; let’s live together. 

I said this last week, but I feel like there are so many better ways the writers could have created conflict in this relationship instead of this London plot and Helen suddenly seeming like she wants no part of Max. Like where are the grandparents, especially Grandma Gwen? If the actors aren’t available it’s not as if Max or Helen can’t reference meeting Georgia’s parents, their impressions of Helen and concerns, etc. Where are Max’s parents? Does he even have family? We’ve never seen or heard of them. 

I’m tempted to give up on this show too. It’s just so poorly written and all over the place. I know on TV to expect some dramatic license but this is ridiculous. I feel like just starting another ER rewatch on Tuesdays at 10 instead of dealing with NA. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 8

Ugh this episode.  But at least the sound wasn’t an absolute  trainwreck  

Just have Max stay already.  I know it will wrench Hellen and Max apart (I do like them together), but leaving, especially with the clearly venomous replacement is awful.

Stop dragging this out, Show.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I’m finding Helen’s flip flopping here really frustrating. I know that in show time, several hours probably lapsed between Helen’s conversation with Karen and then telling Max she’s moving in. But in real time, it’s like Helen can’t stand him one minute and the next she’s like I love you; let’s live together. 

I said this last week, but I feel like there are so many better ways the writers could have created conflict in this relationship instead of this London plot and Helen suddenly seeming like she wants no part of Max. Like where are the grandparents, especially Grandma Gwen? If the actors aren’t available it’s not as if Max or Helen can’t reference meeting Georgia’s parents, their impressions of Helen and concerns, etc. Where are Max’s parents? Does he even have family? We’ve never seen or heard of them. 

I’m tempted to give up on this show too. It’s just so poorly written and all over the place. I know on TV to expect some dramatic license but this is ridiculous. I feel like just starting another ER rewatch on Tuesdays at 10 instead of dealing with NA. 

THIS ^^   IMO, the first 3 seasons were excellent. But I have to agree, I don't know what the heck is going on inS4--especially wit Helen.  If you rewatch the other seasons, this season seems to be totally out of character for Helen.  I see on other sites that some fans seems to think this is a "realistic" portrayal of their relationship.  But I, and other fans, don't see it that way.   So far, whenever Helen prefaces a discussion with Max, I don't know what the hell is going to come out of her mouth.  By the puzzled look on his face (her moving in), he seemed as surprised as I. 

This was one of my favorite shows but will admit, I'm not as excited (now) as I thought I would be watching S4.  Maybe they changed writers over the summer?  Wonder whose idea it was to do this character assassination on Helen?   I wish they would return to the formula and storyline that worked or S5 will be the end of the series.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

Ugh this episode.  But at least the sound wasn’t an absolute  trainwreck  

Just have Max stay already.  I know it will wrench Hellen and Max apart (I do like them together), but leaving, especially with the clearly venomous replacement is awful.

Stop dragging this out, Show.

I think the showrunner is trying to gauge the fan reaction for S4.  From what I've read here and other sites, more people than not, aren't too happy with this London arc or Helen's behavior thus far.  So even though the showrunner (David S) said Sharpwin will go to London, it could be a week from now, 6 months from now or they could do a time jump.  So, Max may return (time jump/if he goes at all) due to Fuentes, and Helen will return shortly afterwards.  I expect this to occur for winter hiatus/sweeps in Nov/Dec.

• Love 2

Is it just me, or did Wandy have a much more professional attitude than Iggy? Seems to me she was right, if she let things get to her as Iggy seemed to want, it would interfere with her ability to treat her patients. (Wow, someone being more professional than Iggy… shocking! /s) I still like Iggy, but I think that’s more because of the actor than the writing.

Hey, writers, would you PLEASE give Casey his own storyline already?? Seems like he’s the best character in the show lately.

Does the one share of NovaCo stock actually count since it was bought after the science fair ended? I kept thinking the fine print would work out in the girl’s favor because it would turn out she was still 17 when she signed, or something like that.

Wow, Leyla is a true badass!

• Like 1
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, cathmed said:

Science fair case - unrealistic (to sue) but interesting twist ending

Was the girl even old enough to enter into a contract? And seriously, big pharma serves a half billion dollar suit against a high school kid??

16 hours ago, circumvent said:

Where is she anyway? I liked her.

I presume she promoted herself to a better run hospital. 

43 minutes ago, preeya said:

And seriously, big pharma serves a half billion dollar suit against a high school kid??

I was more impressed they put together a multi-million dollar lawsuit against this girl in what, like a couple hours after the contest?  I'm not wrong right?  This whole storyline, from contest winner to lawsuit to bright future elsewhere happened, in only a few hours, didn't it?  Though you are entirely right that the publicity from this lawsuit would be so horrible that the company would regret ever bringing it.  

22 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

Like why not just keep the patient on the table the same the whole time and have Floyd say later that he is losing count of how often it happens? That storyline could’ve been done in a less absurd way. And leave his boring girlfriend out of it.

Hey, one thing a surgeon in a busy urban public hospital would never see is multiple gun shot victims in one week.  It makes sense that Floyd basically had a mental, Iggy-style breakdown.  *eye roll* 

Also, Bloom needs to be fired.  Her behavior with her resident/girlfriend is just so inappropriate and wrong.

• Love 10

I tried to like this, but this season is just exhausting.  None of the characters make sense (squeaky clean Dr. Reynolds in an open relationship. Dr. Bloom with an intern she financially 'sponsored') .  Iggy is the only one as weird as ever. I just can't anymore.  Let them all move to London and let's start over

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I presume she promoted herself to a better run hospital. 

I was more impressed they put together a multi-million dollar lawsuit against this girl in what, like a couple hours after the contest?  I'm not wrong right?  This whole storyline, from contest winner to lawsuit to bright future elsewhere happened, in only a few hours, didn't it?  Though you are entirely right that the publicity from this lawsuit would be so horrible that the company would regret ever bringing it.  

Hey, one thing a surgeon in a busy urban public hospital would never see is multiple gun shot victims in one week.  It makes sense that Floyd basically had a mental, Iggy-style breakdown.  *eye roll* 

Also, Bloom needs to be fired.  Her behavior with her resident/girlfriend is just so inappropriate and wrong.

I cannot stand how Lauren is treating Leyla on the job, and I enjoyed the Leyren ship last season. You can tell that Lauren is just over compensating to treat Leyla the same as everyone else. But even if Leyla weren’t her girlfriend why admonish her approach like that in front of another doctor and so loudly? I’d want to quit or transfer in that position. I feel like the whole relationship is a ticking time bomb now that Lauren paid the bribe and is trying to hold it together at work. 

16 minutes ago, judyri said:

I tried to like this, but this season is just exhausting.  None of the characters make sense (squeaky clean Dr. Reynolds in an open relationship. Dr. Bloom with an intern she financially 'sponsored') .  Iggy is the only one as weird as ever. I just can't anymore.  Let them all move to London and let's start over

I finished my ER rewatch in August and have been trying like hell to find a medical show I like just as much. NA was coming close for a few seasons but now it’s in Never-Never Land and erratically written. I couldn’t even make it through one season of Chicago Med either. The Resident has potential but now I have to watch that knowing a main character dies. I have never seen Grey’s and have no desire to. 

NA really shot itself in the foot last season with Max and all his crazy causes. Now they’ve been promoting “more joy” and “love heals” but where is the happiness? Iggy and Martin seem to be the only ones happy together. 

I feel like I’m only still here for Karen. 

Edited by Cloud9Shopper
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I think I may have...I've skipped the last two episodes, now. Reading the comments, I'm mildly curious what the science fair issue/lawsuit was, but that's about it.

Last week I literally forgot to turn it on, because there's nothing I'm watching on TV between Jeopardy and NA on Tuesday right now. This week I decided ahead of time I'd wait and see if the comments here made me curious enough to go catch up on demand. Not sure they have.

Well,  I skipped through the episode until the very end and I am "catching up" in the comments.  I turned the Good Doctor off after they let Nicholas and Chuku go...so this will be easy to give up as well if needed. So far this season is everything that is wrong with the show..

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, catrice2 said:

Well,  I skipped through the episode until the very end and I am "catching up" in the comments.  I turned the Good Doctor off after they let Nicholas and Chuku go...so this will be easy to give up as well if needed. So far this season is everything that is wrong with the show..

Never did get into The Good Doctor. I've seen an episode or two but that's it.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, Cloud9Shopper said:

I don’t like this new medical director. She’s too far ice queen for me. And it can’t be at all realistic that she starts wandering the ER taking notes with nobody telling the staff who she is. Can it? 

They had almost the exact same thing happen on the Good Doctor last week. A woman pretended to be a patient, wandered around the hospital asking people prying questions, then announced she was buying the hospital. 

So clearly it must be super realistic. If two TV shows do it, it must be true, right?

21 hours ago, Frisky Wig said:

Uh, wouldn’t the medical director of a hospital have a say in every staff member hired, especially his replacement?

I would think he'd have a say in medical staff members, but I'm not sure he'd get a say in his replacement. If he is leaving, why should his superiors have to consult him?

I am glad Max got a scholarship for the girl he convinced to rip up a check and almost got sued. It really sucks that the company that sponsored the science far wanted to sit on her work.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, CarpeFelis said:

Is it just me, or did Wandy have a much more professional attitude than Iggy? Seems to me she was right, if she let things get to her as Iggy seemed to want, it would interfere with her ability to treat her patients. (Wow, someone being more professional than Iggy… shocking! /s) I still like Iggy, but I think that’s more because of the actor than the writing.

Hey, writers, would you PLEASE give Casey his own storyline already?? Seems like he’s the best character in the show lately.

Does the one share of NovaCo stock actually count since it was bought after the science fair ended? I kept thinking the fine print would work out in the girl’s favor because it would turn out she was still 17 when she signed, or something like that.

Wow, Leyla is a true badass!

I too was thinking she would turn out to have been a minor when the contract was signed. I also agree about the stock because it was bought after the science fair.  Doesn’t make sense to me that a post hoc purchase would disqualify her. 🙄

• Love 6
Just now, LittleIggy said:

I too was thinking she would turn out to have been a minor when the contract was signed. I also agree about the stock because it was bought after the science fair.  Doesn’t make sense to me that a post hoc purchase would disqualify her. 🙄

Yeah, that came across as just plain lazy writing!

• Love 2

It's time for WORST DOCTOR OF THE WEEK (and the commentary as I watch)

oh god were these people up all night talking about how great Max is

oh my god Iggy's husband is the only reasonable person, "it's not like he's dying"

I was just about to say "and everyone except Iggy is getting some" - but he gets to make out

oh my god i didn't think they could find more annoying music but they did, that kids music soundalike is so horrible

that is a very dinky and small auditorium for a science fair covering all five boroughs

oh no turnip girl is mini-max

Sharpe says Max is messy? did he ever clean up that pool of blood from Luna being born

max you cannot expect the turnip sutures to be made right away even if it weren't being shelved. also 35,000 sounds like a small amount

wait so the gunman only shot legs and shoulders? that's.. uhhh... well he missed center mass

oh no where does floyd know him from, will it be dragged out over the entire episode?

max that might just pay for a year of undergrad, maybe two if she is super lucky

at least she can get a replacement check if she decides she wants the 50k to at least do something like fund a new idea

thanks rational nurse (Casey?), you are usually one of the most sane characters on the show, this time acknowledging that Bloom dating a resident is weird. can we get a spinoff about Casey and the rest of the New Amsterdam ER? I want to learn more about the chief resident

um I think this doctor (resident?) who had a patient commit suicide is a bit of a psychopath, she should feel *something* about losing a patient

um I think the company suing turnip girl for $500 mil would be seen as irrational by any judge and I bet if it were to go to trial their legal team would be ripped a new one for suing a high schooler for that much. wait, how did they put together that lawsuit and file the paperwork in, what, 3 hours?

um

DID FLOYD LIFT THAT PATIENT WITH ONE HAND

I rewound and it looks like his left hand is at his side

oh no reynolds hallucinated that the patient was someone else

ok this alternate universe is something - I cannot think of what our equivalent of Banneker Medical School would be, though. I mean it might just be something entirely made up.

wait how is she supposed to get into medical school straight from HS

iggy why are you discussing things like your nurse to patient ratio with a random person in the elevator

um iggy you should not reassign probably-psychopath's patients for the day unless you see her acting in a manner that concerns you

or ask her if she wanted her patients taken for the day

max why are you following this 18 year old around all day

I hope they laugh at max's speech because they are lawyers, not doctors

oh thank god the lawyers did all but laugh at him

why does reynolds see this patient differently

oh hey they still have the bouncers

max I am sure that rule about having stock in the company only applies to before a winner was declared so unless you have a time machine and bought her stock before she won the science fair...

hopefully Bloom punishes her girlfriend for endangering the patient and good thing the patient wasn't conscious to hear that argument

um reynolds you should just tap out of the operation since yeaaah you are not in a good spot

oh hey iggy made the resident feel emotions with one breathing exercise

but my first thought was "why is the resident wearing a necklace when working in a psych ward" followed by "aren't pearls expensive? how did a resident afford those"

oh ok so Reynolds' patients are just blurring together

iggy thought he had all of the answers? uhhhhh

so this guy can just offer her a scholarship right on the spot? well that's certainly something

no bloom, making out in a closet is not how to punish your resident even if you give her a little talking to

damnit sharpe you should've just broken up with him

sharpe why don't you hire a maid to clean the place

why are we getting slo-mo hug sequence

does this mean something is going to happen

uh oh it's board woman

um, she's not the medical director until max leaves

THE WORST DOCTOR OF THE WEEK IS...

A TIE between Dr. Bloom (horrible unprofessional conduct) and Dr. Reynolds (recognizing he was impaired and not telling everyone else in the OR, endangering the patient)!

Edited by bros402
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Cloud9Shopper said:

I finished my ER rewatch in August and have been trying like hell to find a medical show I like just as much.

Did you ever watch Chicago Hope? It started the same year as ER, and while never as popular or long running, I enjoyed it. A big plus is Mark Harmon was in it!

• Love 5

Like everyone said, what a mess.

I Bruce Greenwood watch The Resident. Very bad show, with an absurd super resident doctor who does all the things and bosses everyone and runs the hospital because he is super. Well, when a totally cliche episode full of fake tears and martyrization of a character is better than yours, that's not good. Now we will have to wait half the season for Max to decide to stay in NY or whatever they will do to try to come out of the mess they created (the writers, I mean)

What is the ting with Helen and children? For someone who was desperate to get pregnant and have children, she surely doesn't show much of her maternal side with Luna. Has she ever met a toddler? What did she expect? The kid to sit quietly for her waffles while dada and girlfriend get their rest and their morning sex? 

• Love 4
On 10/6/2021 at 8:37 AM, ams1001 said:

I have missed the last 2 episodes too and after reading all the comments I don’t think I want to watch them.  The show lost its heart I think and without Dr. Kapoor I just don’t want to bother with it. 

• Love 2

Helen doesn’t seem like she likes having Luna around so that doesn’t bode well. Bloom acts irrational all the time, especially around her girlfriend. No one outside of Casey notices this? Iggy is always over the top but I thought his resident was rude to him with her “is that it? “ and her impatience with him. She can’t be a good therapist and feel absolutely nothing when a patient dies by self harm. She also can’t learn if she thinks she is superior to her teacher/supervisor. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Helen doesn’t seem like she likes having Luna around so that doesn’t bode well. Bloom acts irrational all the time, especially around her girlfriend. No one outside of Casey notices this? Iggy is always over the top but I thought his resident was rude to him with her “is that it? “ and her impatience with him. She can’t be a good therapist and feel absolutely nothing when a patient dies by self harm. She also can’t learn if she thinks she is superior to her teacher/supervisor. 

I’m starting to wonder if the writers hate women. They have Helen waffling so much it could give us whiplash, coming across as a complete flake who doesn’t have a clue what the hell she wants. Likewise Floyd’s married girlfriend (in whom I am so little invested as a character that I can never recall her name). And Bloom, as you said, being irrational, not to mention generally annoying—though I did enjoy her telling off Dr. Fuentes when she randomly showed up in the ER. As for Fuentes, she comes in acting like the stereotypical ice queen.

As to Iggy’s resident, “is that it?” was rude, but she didn’t feel nothing, as shown when she finally gave in to Iggy’s insistence on “close your eyes”. And frankly, the way Iggy’s been treating his residents, he’s not exactly earning anyone’s respect. She was handling this in a more professional manner than he was. (But again, the writers chose the “ice queen” stereotype… and I have to wonder if they would have had Iggy badger a male resident as he did with her.)

• Love 3

I got distracted by the bad writing, but what was up with Reynolds mixing up his patients? Was there a reason (ha!) for that? I got at the end he knew someone from the neighborhood buying groceries?

58 minutes ago, judyri said:

I got distracted by the bad writing, but what was up with Reynolds mixing up his patients? Was there a reason (ha!) for that? I got at the end he knew someone from the neighborhood buying groceries?

My understanding of this plotline was that it turned out to be a commentary on the gun violence epidemic in the U.S.. All of the GSW patients began to run together. That we are almost becoming immune to shootings because they happen so often. (As an aside, I've read that gun ownership in the U.S. skyrocketed in 2020).

When I find I have no characters to root for in a show, I stop watching. I really don't like any of the main characters here anymore. Floyd is my favorite, but now that he's involved with a married woman (whose husband seems to be MIA) I just can't with him. It's a poor choice. Iggy has become virtually unwatchable.

Edited by Jillybean
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jillybean said:

My understanding of this plotline was that it turned out to be a commentary on the gun violence epidemic in the U.S.. All of the GSW patients began to run together. That we are almost becoming immune to shootings because they happen so often.

What horrible writing.  I get the message, but it made Reynolds just look ridiculous. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
14 hours ago, gibasi said:

I have missed the last 2 episodes too and after reading all the comments I don’t think I want to watch them.  The show lost its heart I think and without Dr. Kapoor I just don’t want to bother with it. 

Dr. Kapoor was the heart of the show. ☹️

• Love 6
On 10/7/2021 at 3:41 AM, LaylaGirl said:

I finished my ER rewatch in August and have been trying like hell to find a medical show I like just as much.

I know this is going WAAYY back, but how about St Elsewhere?

Edited by HerkyJerky
Missing word
  • Love 7
On 10/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, judyri said:

What horrible writing.  I get the message, but it made Reynolds just look ridiculous. 

It was just dropped there, without any context. Giving the producing team the benefit of the doubt, maybe they had more to the story that  got tosse din the editing room. It is the only acceptable explanation for such a clusterfuck

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, circumvent said:

It was just dropped there, without any context. Giving the producing team the benefit of the doubt, maybe they had more to the story that  got tosse din the editing room. It is the only acceptable explanation for such a clusterfuck

That is the only thing I can imagine - I mean even a shot of a clock rapidly spinning would've helped make that story make more sense (Since it could show he was working for so long, someone could think he was tired before the reveal, etc.)

or at least show in the ER how many shootings there were

Edited by bros402
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, SilverLake0315 said:

Y’all, I think I officially hate this show. 

It seems that every show I watch is suffering from mediocrity in the writing department. Maybe the writers are badly paid to which I say: strike. Join IATSE and demand better working conditions/pay. If it is not the reason for the mediocrity, then find another job because entertainment is not your industry.

• Love 2
On 10/7/2021 at 12:47 PM, Jillybean said:

My understanding of this plotline was that it turned out to be a commentary on the gun violence epidemic in the U.S.. All of the GSW patients began to run together. That we are almost becoming immune to shootings because they happen so often. (As an aside, I've read that gun ownership in the U.S. skyrocketed in 2020).

When I find I have no characters to root for in a show, I stop watching. I really don't like any of the main characters here anymore. Floyd is my favorite, but now that he's involved with a married woman (whose husband seems to be MIA) I just can't with him. It's a poor choice. Iggy has become virtually unwatchable.

I must be dense since I did not understand what they were trying for. Thanks for the explanation! 

On 10/7/2021 at 12:57 AM, bros402 said:

can we get a spinoff about Casey and the rest of the New Amsterdam ER? I want to learn more about the chief resident

I wish they'd done that. I've always felt that focusing only on the Dept heads was leaving me wanting to know more about the very interesting secondary characters. I realize an ensemble can only bee so big, but they did a very good job of making the other players intriguing enough that I really wnat to know more about them and their daily lives.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, possibilities said:

I wish they'd done that. I've always felt that focusing only on the Dept heads was leaving me wanting to know more about the very interesting secondary characters. I realize an ensemble can only bee so big, but they did a very good job of making the other players intriguing enough that I really wnat to know more about them and their daily lives.

Yup

Also, you are really bingeing this show. It must be so much easier bingeing this instead of watching week by week and getting bored around this point

I like to binge shows. I'm too tired to do much lately, so this is an absorbing distraction. I find that I experience shows differently when I binge them vs when I wait a week or more between episodes. Some shows seem better, others worse.