Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

I go to the library ( I LOOOOOVE libraries) and I also buy books for my kindle.

i also borrow audio books from the library on two apps called overdrive and hoopla.

It still counts.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1

I remember the first book I read from the list of “independent reading” books my AP English teacher allowed us to read. It’s now on a list of banned books in a certain places. 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 3
55 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Not really. I use Italian breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese. After it's been in the oven at 375 for 30 minutes, I cover it with tomato sauce and Italian seasoning and bake for 25 more minutes or until it's done all the way in the middle. 

Yum! 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JennyMominFL said:

I haven't been in a bookstore in a decade but i read almost every day

I buy all my books on ThriftBooks.com now. 

And yesterday? We went to the Book Swap at the Senior Center. Everyone in town donates books and CD's and DVD's and greeting cards. Then they throw open the doors on a Saturday morning and you can just go and fill bag after bag for FREE. We found some real treasures. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

I buy all my books on ThriftBooks.com now. 

And yesterday? We went to the Book Swap at the Senior Center. Everyone in town donates books and CD's and DVD's and greeting cards. Then they throw open the doors on a Saturday morning and you can just go and fill bag after bag for FREE. We found some real treasures. 

Mine are all on my Kindle because they are easy to travel with.

• Like 4
Just now, xls said:

What she on about? You can find plenty of modest clothing in America -she must only look in hooker shops 

Mormons have to dress modestly too.

So the clothes are available. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I just started rereading Behind the Scenes at the Museum. I read it when it first came out and it was time. What a fantastic book.

I LOVE Kate Atkinson and I've read all her books. I recommend "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" to all my book loving friends. What a writer, I just love her.  I should read it again, I'm due. I just read her new one "Shrines of Gaiety", fabulous. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Why don t Egyptian women wear hijab?

The government does not dictate what women wear, but women face social pressure to both wear and not wear the hijab. Some upscale restaurants ban veiled women, while those who forgo the scarf may be subjected to abuses from friends, family or even strangers.

GOOGLE

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 5

So she's Islamic now but doesn't even do the prayers? I don't think she knows what this actually entails.  Sorry, girl, you need a pamphlet or something.  Your husband isn't going to help.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Mormons have to dress modestly too.

So the clothes are available. 

Walmart has just released a modest clothing line to appeal to the American religions that require modest dress. They're pretty cute, too.

• Like 4
  • Useful 3
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I just read “The House in the Cerulean Sea.” What a sweet book. 
maybe we should form a Book Club to discuss when the episodes get dull? 

Ooh, that's in one of my "to read" piles! Yes I have several, and they are all about two feet tall. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I LOVE Kate Atkinson and I've read all her books. I recommend "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" to all my book loving friends. What a writer, I just love her.  I should read it again, I'm due. I just read her new one "Shrines of Gaiety", fabulous. 

I love her Jackson Brodie series, but you have to read it from the beginning.   I love how she has separate storylines that all come together in the end.   

I've been getting books almost exclusively on Kindle for years now, I only buy ones in hard copy or paperback that I want to keep and reread.  

I love that I can get them as soon as they're published, instead of waiting a long time for them to come out in paperback.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

remember the first book I read from the list of “independent reading” books my AP English teacher allowed us to read. It’s now on a list of banned books in a certain places. 

Oooh, what’s the title?

5 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Nicole is auditioning for Project Runway.

That show would make way more sense for her!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Just now, charmed1 said:

I think you guys are right. I think Dutch Paint Boy is wearing a wig. I see no scalp. So technically, her hair is covered, Uncle Fester.

Last week it was wet after her shower.

So I dont think it's a wig.

• Like 2
Just now, charmed1 said:

I think you guys are right. I think Dutch Paint Boy is wearing a wig. I see no scalp. So technically, her hair is covered, Uncle Fester.

It was wet last week...I was trying to see if it was a wet wig or wet hair.  I'm stumped. 

• Like 1