Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

I would like to invite Ella to visit the floor my husband was on for 6 weeks. He had an Impella which was a heart pump. The floor also has the second biggest ECMO unit in the world. There are patients up there who had covid a year ago and they are on ECMO still.  One has been on it for 300 days.You are meant to be on ECMO 2 weeks. i watched a man get a double lung transplant because his lungs were destroyed by covid. I watched him walking the halls after his transplant. It was brutal. Half of the patients who need ECMO die

There are still covid patients up there waiting for heart, lung or heart/lung transplants. Fun fact. 95% of the covid patients they have had were unvaccinated.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think it’s next week. They realize that if they give us any downtime, we might have a chance to reconsider our priorities.

The new season starts on Easter? There has to be some symbolism there. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The Whitney Thore Walmart commercial doesn't do anything for Walmart.  Somebody at the ad agency that thought it would was wrong.  

Walmart is cheap. Full of junk food and can be pretty dumpy…sounds like a good fit to me.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

I would like to invite Ella to visit the floor my husband was on for 6 weeks. He had an Impella which was a heart pump. The floor also has the second biggest ECMO unit in the world. Their are patients up there who had covid a year ago and they are on ECMO still.  One has been on it for 300 day. You are meant to be on ECMO 2 weeks. i watched a man get a double lung transplant because his lungs were destroyed by covid. I watched him walking the halls after his transplant. It was brutal. Half of the patients who need ECMO die

There are still covid patients up there waiting for heart, lung or heart/lung transplants. Fun fact. 95% of the covid patients they have had were unvaccinated.

Holy shit, this is scary.

Good for your husband that he survived the heart surgery!

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

To be fair, one time I went without sex for 11 months and everybody I came into contact knew about it, to the point I had a WhatsApp group devoted just to get updates on whether I had finally gotten laid or not.  I kind of get it (though, I wasn't on TV).

Hell, I'm coming up on 11 YEARS!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I celebrated my birthday alone again. Came down with a bug that I thought was Covid. No cake or anything for me til I felt better. No guest, no nothing.

Happy Birthday, FrozenDiva! 🎂🎉🎁

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

It's okay. I was crying the whole ride home from the mountains but I'm fine. I just need a little spirit!

We're here to lift your spirits! 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, OoogleEyes said:

Hell, I'm coming up on 11 YEARS!

About the sameish. One guy came in to my life on Twitter. He said he had two failed marriages and was finding himself. On paper, he might be okay. See his tweets and we don't have much in common. He 'asked me out' - sort of - well after Covid. I said maybe. Until I get a decent job and pick up my life a bit, I don't want to see anyone. I also see my familiar pattern of a guy wanting to date me, I realize we have little in common, and I don't want to change myself yet again to make something work.

• Love 16

Lordy.  What a shitshow.  Ella just needs to give up on Johnnie and find some Asian guy here in "Murica.  

Benzo talking about being a "counselor" is really making me howl with laughter.  Talk about NEEDING counseling!!! Look in the mirror old man!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Angry Moldovan said:

Shut the fuck up all of you, especially cyclops

There are a minister and a psychiatric nurse on that panel, as well as a volunteer firefighter and home health aide.  Yet, none of them shows any type of compassion or support.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 11