Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Burning Down the House

• Start Topic

A new crew member arrives on Lady Michelle and Katie is left in a bind when she finds out some surprising new information. Chef Mathew faces his most challenging preference sheet yet but is presented with an even bigger hurdle when there is a dangerous incident in the galley. Meanwhile, the biggest storm of the season hits, leaving the crew scrambled and worried.

Bravo Airdate: 08/30/2021

This season the episodes will be airing a week earlier on Peacock Premium.  You can comment on the episode once it is live there.  Anyone waiting for the Bravo airing, be aware there will be early comments on the episode - so don't enter if you don't want to be spoiled!

Wow, what a cornucopia of turbulence and needless tension this episode was. I feel bad chef Matt burned his hand, but he's lucky he didn't set himself on fire. Look at that flaming piece of towel or parchment paper that landed on his back!

I'm also sick of Lexi's complaining and negativity. She's a born malcontent. She is the proverbial bad apple that festers and ruins the entire bushel. Finally , Captain Sandy should be ashamed of herself. She could have gotten Malia killed keeping her on the bow during that active lightning squall. She should have brought her inside while it passed and when safe...then reset the anchor. The ships engine and thrusters could have made any small corrections needed to keep the ship in a safe position and away from obstacles. I was frustrated the entire episode.

chefonfire.jpg

• Love 19

Matt damn near caught himself and the boat on fire!  This is the 2nd time he's had to put something out... he needs to be more careful.  Fire on a boat is disastrous!  Apparently his food is decent,  the guests seem to love it.  

So,  it's against the rules to do co-ed cabins?  I thought it was the standard if they are banging at least.... looking at you Malia. 

I'm not sure how to feel about the new girl.  I see how the crew feels, they have to switch cabins and share tips with someone who can only do laundry.  Sad part is this is Lexi's fault for not doing her job.  All she's doing is whining about no ranks. 

Oh and the new Stew talks like my son did when he was 4... interesting hearing it on a grown woman. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Oh and the new Stew talks like my son did when he was 4... interesting hearing it on a grown woman. 

I had that exact same speech impediment growing up and if it weren't for my parents insisting on literally years of speech therapy, I'd still be speaking like that.  I'll never forget having to say "the wed wed wobin flew away" a million times.  I must admit it's jarring hearing it from an adult.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

I had that exact same speech impediment growing up and if it weren't for my parents insisting on literally years of speech therapy, I'd still be speaking like that.  I'll never forget having to say "the wed wed wobin flew away" a million times.  I must admit it's jarring hearing it from an adult.

I don't want to make fun of her,  I try not to do that to people.  I worked with someone who had a terrible stutter,  I felt so bad for them. 

But she admits she did it on purpose and it stuck.  Lol

Edited by ihartcoffee
Typo
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

They ruled she can’t room with a man after she’d already moved in?

Sounds like manufactured drama, though the new stew isn’t a quitter, says she should have a chance.  She got teachers to change her grades?

They knew she wasn’t a stew but put her in anyways since it would only cause drama.  How about Sandy putting Katie on the spot in front of Delaney about keeping her.

Doing laundry all day is going to get old but humid weather and active crew and guests mean laundry all the time.

Then several crew have to move to different cabins to accommodate her.  Also they will allow couples to take up a cabin but not single people of the opposite sex.  What if the singles are gay or lesbian?  Seems arbitrary but maybe the rules set by the yacht owners are set in old ways.

OK the guests are playing for the cameras with the constant twerking and then the fat suit lap dance.  Who’s going to bother bringing a fat suit on a trip other than for a TV show?  Another indication that they’re casting the guests.

You’d think there would be fire extinguishers all over the boat but especially the galley?  Strange impulse, to grab something that was on fire like that.  I’d throw water on it on the stove before I’d touch it.

Edited by aghst
  • Love 5

I think they've brought the new stew on board to sex things up a bit. As it stands there have been a couple of make-out sessions between Courtney and Mzi and that's it. David tried to connect with Malia, but she's not going for it. So I'm guessing the producers were gnashing their teeth. What's a Below Deck season without insta-love, jealousy, clinginess, and sexy times in too small bunks?

Not saying that Delaney (?) will go for any of them, but I don't think she was brought on just because Lexi isn't doing the job. Lexi not doing her fair share is one of the kinds of conflicts they like, so they'll keep her as long as possible. But I do think 4th stew is being brought in to create more conflict - relationship with someone on board, or perhaps even just to irritate Lexi into doing another drunken tirade.

• Love 3

I think it's bullshit that they are putting all of this on Katie.  Yes, she's the chief stew, but still, it's making her be the bad guy.  The one who should be gone is Lexi.  I'd be pissed if I was everyone because of the lower tip.  

Some of the women were embarrassingly obnoxious. It's the theme of the show I guess, but still, have some dignity people!  It doesn't make you cool to be a drunkard walking around, ever, but especially when you're middle aged.  And I say that as a middle-aged woman.   My kids would be mortified if I went on TV and acted like an idiot.

So Delaney is brought on because Lexi sucks?  But then Lexi is the one to show her what to do?

I think it's good that Katie removed the '2nd/3rd' stew designations for the rest of the season, but she should have just promoted Courtney to 2nd stew and demoted Lexi.  I can't remember if anyone has ever been demoted, but I know others have been promoted.  Courtney really seems to know her stuff, this isn't her first boating season right?

Oh and you're telling me that Sandy didn't know that Delaney was not an interior person?  Come on!  Producers, we see you.  They must have felt this season would be too boring, so brought Delaney on.  It's not necessary, there is plenty of drama with Lexi and Matt.  How many times is Matt going to be putting out a fire?  It looks so painful, did they give him some pain meds?  

I also think that Lexi is faking being horrible so she gets more screen time.  She's gotta be, right?

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 5

"Interesting" is a generous description. Also, the first time they showed one of her interview segments I thought something was wrong with the camera lens. She looks like she's being stretched disproportionately vertical. 

What's a Below Deck season without insta-love, jealousy, clinginess, and sexy times in too small bunks?

Well, bringing on another woman isn't going to remedy the situation. They need a guy someone's willing to hook up with and none of the deck crew guys fit the bill. 

On an unrelated note, I wonder how much water is on board for cooking, washing, toilets and showers. There must be a simply enormous fresh water tank somewhere down below, right?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
56 minutes ago, Grrarrggh said:

Katie is starting to seriously annoy me. This is a JOB not Kindergarten. These people work under you, while you shouldn't bully and harass them, you're not there to be their best bud. 

They dumped this big decision on her.

First Sandy said "it's up to you" whether to take on Delaney, with Delaney right there in front of them.

Then, it was that she couldn't just room with Mat so in order to keep her, they'd have to move around several of the interior and deck crew members, who would also have to take lower share of the tip because of one additional crew.

So the whole plan is to stress Katie and the other stews, alos the deck crew, since they would have to move to different cabins to accommodate her.

So there may be resentment and conflict.

This is Bravo's idea of good television.

Edited by aghst
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
On 8/24/2021 at 6:29 AM, ihartcoffee said:

Matt damn near caught himself and the boat on fire!  This is the 2nd time he's had to put something out... he needs to be more careful.  Fire on a boat is disastrous!  Apparently his food is decent,  the guests seem to love it.  

So,  it's against the rules to do co-ed cabins?  I thought it was the standard if they are banging at least.... looking at you Malia. 

I'm not sure how to feel about the new girl.  I see how the crew feels, they have to switch cabins and share tips with someone who can only do laundry.  Sad part is this is Lexi's fault for not doing her job.  All she's doing is whining about no ranks. 

Vexy Lexi should never have been kept on if a new stew was going to be coming on board, because it's completely unfair to the rest of the crew that their tips should now be lower because of that effing C U Next Tuesday malcontent's (love your choice of words, aqusdealer) incompetence, bad attitude and all around shittiness.  This effing POS had the audacity to say if ranks are being done away with then why is Katie still chief stew.  Is this asshole really that obtuse as to not acknowledge her own shittiness?

I nearly lost my mind when they showed this asshole taking photos on the deck when she should have been attending to the needs of the drunken charter groups drink wants at breakfast time, and then you have Katie wondering what exactly it was that Vexy Lexi had done all morning long if not waiting on the guests.  I hope all of this is addressed at the reunion.  Every effing thing that twat has done, as well as NOT done each and every charter.

Does anyone know if Captain asshat has ever commented on social media after having observed what a useless, dangerous, vile, inappropriate, lazy, incompetent, disrespectful vile POS Vexy Lexi has been?  Didn't Captain Lee usually state his opinions after each episode aired?  I would love to hear Captain asshat's backpeddling comments now in hindsight of how awful Vexy Lexi was for the entire duration of her time on that yacht.

With regards to the new non-stew, there's something about her that I do not like, and it's not because of her speech impediment, though I do find it to be horribly annoying listening to her W-R her way through a sentence.  She's like a human cartoon character that I just want to laugh at nonstop.  I know that makes me a massive beyotch because it's a disability to a certain extent, but the moment she said that she can control it and exacerbated how bad it is when she was a child just so as to keep herself out of her classes, all my empathy was gone because as a grown woman she should be able to control it the other way and have it not be so pronounced, if as a 7-year-old in second grade she was able to deliberately worsen it.  I kind of sense a good deal of pretentiousness about her.  I think it's all an act that she doesn't mind doing whatever the ship needs her to do.  She just wanted to be on TV.  I loved how both Malaria and Katie in their own ways addressed the fact that if you're NOT or NEVER HAVE BEEN a stew, DON'T put it on your resume that you were!  And while she seems like she should be attractive, she's NOT.  She's just to gawky and awkward to be considered attractive.

While I do understand how frustrating it will be to have to move everyone around to accommodate Elmer Fudd now being on board, I also think Matt is the last person who should be pissed off and complaining, in light of how much trouble he caused, multiple times, because of his own shitty behavior.

Edited by Xebug67
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

Katie’s horrible management and communication skills make me want to throw plates against the wall. She’s so clearly afraid to give orders, or offer guidance or set rules. She can barely look at her stews in the eyes when she meets with them.

Katie, these chicks make beds and do laundry for a living. You’re not cutting a huge finance deal with corporate sharks. Grow a pair. 

Edited by TV Glotzer
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 8/24/2021 at 8:19 AM, KLJ said:

I think it's bullshit that they are putting all of this on Katie.  Yes, she's the chief stew, but still, it's making her be the bad guy.  The one who should be gone is Lexi.  I'd be pissed if I was everyone because of the lower tip.  

Some of the women were embarrassingly obnoxious. It's the theme of the show I guess, but still, have some dignity people!  It doesn't make you cool to be a drunkard walking around, ever, but especially when you're middle aged.  And I say that as a middle-aged woman.   My kids would be mortified if I went on TV and acted like an idiot.

So Delaney is brought on because Lexi sucks?  But then Lexi is the one to show her what to do?

I think it's good that Katie removed the '2nd/3rd' stew designations for the rest of the season, but she should have just promoted Courtney to 2nd stew and demoted Lexi.  I can't remember if anyone has ever been demoted, but I know others have been promoted.  Courtney really seems to know her stuff, this isn't her first boating season right?

Oh and you're telling me that Sandy didn't know that Delaney was not an interior person?  Come on!  Producers, we see you.  They must have felt this season would be too boring, so brought Delaney on.  It's not necessary, there is plenty of drama with Lexi and Matt.  How many times is Matt going to be putting out a fire?  It looks so painful, did they give him some pain meds?  

I also think that Lexi is faking being horrible so she gets more screen time.  She's gotta be, right?

Francesca demoted Elizabeth on the original Captain Lee Below Deck.  I don't know if that's the only demotion to ever occur though.

I really don't think that Vexy Lexi is faking her nastiness.  She has a terrible reputation in the pageant world as far as being a horrific beyotch.  I read about her on quite a few of their forums.  Nasty there, nasty here, Vexy Lexi's just nasty everywhere!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/24/2021 at 12:11 PM, Grrarrggh said:

Katie is starting to seriously annoy me. This is a JOB not Kindergarten. These people work under you, while you shouldn't bully and harass them, you're not there to be their best bud. 

I too was super-annoyed with how gently she's handling Vexy Lexi, too afraid to rock the boat with her and set her off again.  As much as I've loved her throughout this season, she's handling Vexy Lexi all wrong.  That beyotch isn't going to like you or respect you either way, whether you're kind to her or obnoxious to her.  This is a circumstance that requires ORIGINAL Kate.  She'd put that POS in her place for good.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

Demotions, firings, it's all fake drama.

I can see turnover on real charters, where people are let go between charters or seasons.  But unless the performance or behavior is really egregious, it seems unlikely that the people who run charters are always looking to bring in new people.  Maybe there's an agency which supplies workers so it's relatively easy to get people in and out?

But on BD, of course these questions about who will be fired or demoted hangs over seasons for several episodes, so they have some story which can drive the show for awhile.

Also the casting people for these BD shows must read things like pageant forums and social media, looking for people who are going to cause drama.  They probably have people they think will get fired in a season and there must be a quota of those that they need to recruit.

Obviously they read Delaney's CV where she may have embellished her resume about performing stew functions.  Like we haven't seen BD-universe cast members embellish their resumes before?  Or what about that racist Russian chef they hired who put out awful food?  None of that was an accident, they hoped and prayed she'd make awful food as well as start fights with her racist/homophobic opinions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

I too was super-annoyed with how gently she's handling Vexy Lexi, too afraid to rock the boat with her and set her off again.  As much as I've loved her throughout this season, she's handling Vexy Lexi all wrong.  That beyotch isn't going to like you or respect you either way, whether you're kind to her or obnoxious to her.  This is a circumstance that requires ORIGINAL Kate.  She'd put that POS in her place for good.

I agree. I still love Katie as a person, but she commands no respect. She looks like a deer in the headlights every time she talks to Sandy and she lets Lexi walk all over her. She wants to make everyone happy and that is working against her as chief stew. The original Kate understood that pleasing the guests was always more important than pleasing the crew.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Jsage said:

I agree. I still love Katie as a person, but she commands no respect. She looks like a deer in the headlights every time she talks to Sandy and she lets Lexi walk all over her. She wants to make everyone happy and that is working against her as chief stew. The original Kate understood that pleasing the guests was always more important than pleasing the crew.

I agree. She had the opportunity to suggest firing Lexi again instead of adding staff when Captain Useless asked if she needed help. She was too busy making sure Lexi wasn’t threatened. Frustrating indeed to watch Lexi get away with her atrocious behavior and extreme lack of professionalism. And to have Worst Captain Ever pretend she is doing anything but sabotaging her Chief Stew again. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
On 8/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, aghst said:

Demotions, firings, it's all fake drama.

I can see turnover on real charters, where people are let go between charters or seasons.  But unless the performance or behavior is really egregious, it seems unlikely that the people who run charters are always looking to bring in new people.  Maybe there's an agency which supplies workers so it's relatively easy to get people in and out?

But on BD, of course these questions about who will be fired or demoted hangs over seasons for several episodes, so they have some story which can drive the show for awhile.

Also the casting people for these BD shows must read things like pageant forums and social media, looking for people who are going to cause drama.  They probably have people they think will get fired in a season and there must be a quota of those that they need to recruit.

Obviously they read Delaney's CV where she may have embellished her resume about performing stew functions.  Like we haven't seen BD-universe cast members embellish their resumes before?  Or what about that racist Russian chef they hired who put out awful food?  None of that was an accident, they hoped and prayed she'd make awful food as well as start fights with her racist/homophobic opinions.

Was that Russian chef also racist?  I only remember her being homophobic.

• Love 1

In defence of Katie, she has twice tried to get Lexie fired and both times she was thwarted by Captain S and actually made to feel like it was her job to fix the situation…and make it work.  I’ve never worked on a boat but it is team work so you absolutely need to work together for the common good.  Lexie being a horrid narcissistic bitch could never achieve that concept let alone put it in action.  She needed to be fired at the beginning when Katie first knew she wouldn’t work out.  Katie has been put on the spot a few times by Sandy in very uncomfortable positions and it’s not like you can stand your ground with the Captain. She is literally being undermined at both ends.

• Love 21

It comes down to casting decisions.

Why did they have Delaney, who only has deck experience, in quarantine to be the only one available to come on the yacht when they were having a problem with a particular stew?

You can imagine why they chose Delaney, with her bikini pics on Instagram and her used to getting her way.

She works hard but she's learning so it's not even clear if it would be much better to replace Lexi with her, because Katie or the other stew would have to tell her what to do.

They apparently have an alternate chef in quarantine, to replace Mat.  It wouldn't be surprising if this replacement is also going to cause some drama.

• Love 3

Delaney is desperate for attention.  Why would you opt for a speech impediment that she can change even as an adult?  And to take a job you have 0 experience but then complain when given instruction on laundry?  I did laugh when on the prior episode Lexi stated that she likes to inform the guests of her rank and now she has no rank.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, mytmo said:

I did laugh when on the prior episode Lexi stated that she likes to inform the guests of her rank and now she has no rank.

She can still say she's second stew, it's just a 3-way tie now.  Then she whines how Katie shouldn't be chief any more.  That's just dumb.

Co-ed bunks were never a problem before.  Production did this "musical cabins" bit for drama.  And hey Sandy, if you don't ask, they can't say no.  

• Love 11

They knew she wasn’t a stew but put her in anyways since it would only cause drama.  How about Sandy putting Katie on the spot in front of Delaney about keeping her.

I find it hard to believe Sandy "just found out" that Delany was not an experienced Stew.  And to drop that bomb on Katie IN FRONT of Delany.  What she supposed to say?  This was a conversation that should have happened prior to sending for Delany so Katie could make a decision without Delany standing right there.  Time and again Sandy puts Katie on the defensive in front of the person in question.  Never should Sandy have invited Lexy in the room when Katie was trying to tell how bad it was the night before.  People criticize Katie for no backbone and I agree but I wonder if it is because HER boss will not back her or even just listen to her when she has issues.  

Sandy is either the worse Captain ever or just stupid.  Take your pick or both....

• Love 16
On 8/24/2021 at 3:02 PM, iMonrey said:

"Interesting" is a generous description. Also, the first time they showed one of her interview segments I thought something was wrong with the camera lens. She looks like she's being stretched disproportionately vertical. 

Well, bringing on another woman isn't going to remedy the situation. They need a guy someone's willing to hook up with and none of the deck crew guys fit the bill. 

On an unrelated note, I wonder how much water is on board for cooking, washing, toilets and showers. There must be a simply enormous fresh water tank somewhere down below, right?

Desalination?

8 hours ago, mytmo said:

Delaney is desperate for attention.  Why would you opt for a speech impediment that she can change even as an adult?  And to take a job you have 0 experience but then complain when given instruction on laundry?  I did laugh when on the prior episode Lexi stated that she likes to inform the guests of her rank and now she has no rank.

I just don’t believe Delaney’s story. She deliberately kept and worsened a speech impediment for a couple of Cheerios. Cheerios!  I think she says it to look better because she’s embarrassed - kind of like I meant to do that!

And as a previous poster pointed out, it can be very difficult to change a speech impediment in adulthood. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I felt slightly bad for the replacement stew even though she was annoying and later defensive She may have been fine doing laundry but can you imagine her taking care of drunk guests? 
Lexi should have been fired and a proper interior stew should have been dispatched episodes ago. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 8/31/2021 at 2:47 AM, endure said:

In defence of Katie, she has twice tried to get Lexie fired and both times she was thwarted by Captain S and actually made to feel like it was her job to fix the situation…and make it work.  I’ve never worked on a boat but it is team work so you absolutely need to work together for the common good.  Lexie being a horrid narcissistic bitch could never achieve that concept let alone put it in action.  She needed to be fired at the beginning when Katie first knew she wouldn’t work out.  Katie has been put on the spot a few times by Sandy in very uncomfortable positions and it’s not like you can stand your ground with the Captain. She is literally being undermined at both ends.

Sandy may be able to dock the yacht backwards at night with one hand tied behind her back but she is a terrible manager, she says teams are only as strong as their leader, well what does that say about Sandy, Katie needs a strong leader and Sandy has shown herself to be a bad one indeed.

Lexi had no problem telling Delaney how to do her job, pointing out all the things that have to be done, etc...if she knows what and how things are to be done then why can't Lexi actually do those things properly?

The crew should not be upset at Katie or Delany for having to change cabins, they should be mad at Lexi for putting them in that position because she cannot do her job.

That group of women who had 27 different dietary restrictions or requests were lucky Mat could feed them food that tasted good, looked good and was ready on time, the one that wanted her entree plated would complain about anything even if she got her own plated meal.

Sandy asking what was wrong with the ski doo before Malia knew was stupid, Malia wasn't going to know if it was a plug or a plastic bag that got caught up in it until she knew for sure but Sandy was demanding answers, okay if Malia said the caps were not on and water got in it then what? Sandy was not going to fire anyone, somebody made a mistake, there is always a crew person that makes a mistake and Sandy herself talks about making mistakes and learning to do better, this was exactly that so what is the problem?  Two charters to go and up till now it has been really going smoothly for the deck crew why start shit now?

• Love 7

The producers don’t want toxic crew members gone right away.

they want them on the show for awhile to stir up drama.  They didn’t get rid of Rhylee though she wanted to get into screaming matches all the time, for instance.

Lexi’s hot tub meltdown was like honey to them, television gold.

So they kept her around and in previews for next episode, looks like she’s going to lose it again, which they probably prayed for.

she may figure it’s close to the end anyways so they probably won’t fire her and if they do no big deal.  Plus she knows Delaney can’t do much on her own, though it looks like she’s in the background of one of the shots at a restaurant where she goes after Mat.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

As a trainer, I love this kind of episode, because I can use it in class. It illustrates so many bad management moments without being a cheesy training video. Working around the problem of Lexi instead of dealing with it, having conversations with subordinate employees you probably shouldn't, being in a management position without the will to make decisions, the impact of a leader who checks out but won't let go (that's how I see Captain Sandy- she half-knows a lot and tries to manage from that perspective)- such a wealth of "what not to do." 

I also sort-of enjoyed the clunky way they inserted Delaney to create drama with a crew that had basically handled most of their issues. I'm petty as hell, though, because the way she talks makes me unable to take her seriously as a grown-up human being. I guess it's mostly not her fault, but...I can't.

9 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That group of women who had 27 different dietary restrictions or requests were lucky Mat could feed them food that tasted good, looked good and was ready on time, the one that wanted her entree plated would complain about anything even if she got her own plated meal.

I'm recently lactose intolerant and was hoping to hear more about he accommodated that specific issue. I think he's creepy, but he seems to be pretty good at the actual cooking part of his job (fire aside).

• Love 11

catching up, but they were making such a big deal that the new stew couldn't stay with Matt for even one night, but they were still talking about whether she's staying or leaving in the millionth meeting in the bridge between Katie and Sandy, the NEXT MORNING. How did they solve things during the night?

12 hours ago, dleighg said:

catching up, but they were making such a big deal that the new stew couldn't stay with Matt for even one night, but they were still talking about whether she's staying or leaving in the millionth meeting in the bridge between Katie and Sandy, the NEXT MORNING. How did they solve things during the night?

During that charter, Mat had to room with the first officer (I think that's his rank, but I could be lying) Marten, and Delaney got Mat's cabin to herself.

• Love 1
On 8/31/2021 at 4:24 PM, gaPeach said:

I find it hard to believe Sandy "just found out" that Delany was not an experienced Stew.  And to drop that bomb on Katie IN FRONT of Delany.  What she supposed to say?  This was a conversation that should have happened prior to sending for Delany so Katie could make a decision without Delany standing right there.  Time and again Sandy puts Katie on the defensive in front of the person in question.  Never should Sandy have invited Lexy in the room when Katie was trying to tell how bad it was the night before.  People criticize Katie for no backbone and I agree but I wonder if it is because HER boss will not back her or even just listen to her when she has issues.  

Sandy is either the worse Captain ever or just stupid.  Take your pick or both....

Watching this ep on the marathon today.

Sandy is an absolute shit manager. She micromanages stuff that she shouldn’t worry about, and lets crew issues fester. She loves to pit people against each other, and loves to criticize people in front of their peers. I cannot stand her. Give me Lee, or Glenn, or Mark any day.

She’s the exact opposite of what a good manager should be. This gig feeds her ego. Period.

On a side note, I guess whoever owns the yacht can set the rules about how the crew is quartered? Hmm…the more you know…. I can’t remember one BD or BDM boat that didn’t have men and women sharing a room. Sometimes it’s unavoidable. 

People who embellish or lie about their experience should be fired, just like in the real world. Hannah had to put up with Casey, who thought being a barista was knowing how to work a Keurig. People who can’t live up to their resumes are liabilities, not to mention major time sucks in terms of getting them up to speed.