Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

No spoilers.  Only discuss things shown in the episode or known prior to when the episode was filmed.  Do not bring in information from current media, social media, WWHL or other shows. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Fig Newton said:

Black Shabbat was offensive to me. It could have equally been called "Bitch Shabbat" or "Non-Jew Shabbat" or here's a novel idea.....Just SHABBAT. Why insert segregation between individuals by coloring your title of a religious tradition and purpose. In this instance, it had no value.

Well it seemed part of the point of it was to discuss relations between the black community and the Jewish community. Of course this made no sense when they invited a bunch of white non-Jews. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14

I've suspected it for a long time, but now I feel confident that Ramona is a true racist, not to mention raging narcissist and elitist. The signs have been there all along. That protracted, insistent display at the dinner table was chilling. I'd love to see her gone. Stop rewarding her racist behavior.

• Love 19
On 8/12/2021 at 11:49 AM, FancyNancy said:

I’m sure Sonja would trade “active” to be able to get out of that townhouse and into a high rise lol. 

I think that "near-death-barely-moving" is Sonja's type.

As long as he's rich.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

I think that "near-death-barely-moving" is Sonja's type.

As long as he's rich.

All the men at her hangouts in the City know she’s a slob.  The Hamptons too.  She’s good for a quicky, but not marriage.  She’s done.

• Love 7
On 8/12/2021 at 5:08 AM, weaver said:

LuAnn has always disappointed me with her wardrobe.  My take is that she is frugal and doesn't want to spend any money on clothes.   She probably doesn't have a lot of ready cash and there are many years ahead for her with no obvious source of income other than the show.  The show isn't guaranteed.    She's worn the same jean jacket and suede jacket on casual outings since the beginning of RHoNY.  She wears the same black top and black pants on other occasions.  Course she looks great because of her body.   I too suspect that she has a deal with Jovani for any occasion remotely called "formal."   The Black Shabbat  wasn't such an occasion but she thought oh well, I have nothing  else.   Those horrible faux fur throw on shrugs or jackets she owns in various colors reek of Jovani to me also.    

I remember reading that after the exposure on housewives the demand for Jovani product was beyond their ability to keep up.  So, I would imagine Jovani is more than happy to supply LuAnn with whatever she wants as long as the free advertising continues.  Dorinda could have ridden on the Jovani train too, I just don’t think she cares to wear the same brand as Lu.  Dorinda also made a comment to Lu at BSM about Jovani being inexpensive $400 dresses.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5

Lu once wore beautiful, tasteful, expensive fashion. Many of us noticed that around the time of her drunken downfall she began to appear in regular clothes. She repeats wearing some items (the horror). I've assumed that she no longer has the income.

Luckily she looks fabulous in anything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/11/2021 at 10:33 AM, sistermagpie said:

Talking about Ramona telling Eboni to shut up about her being messy or whatever would be one thing, but the main thing Ramona seemed to take as an attack was, once again, somebody bringing up the fact that racism and bigotry exists.  She seems to becoming more and more self-righteous about her white grievances. It's not just that she doesn't like being lectured to like it's about boredom. She really seems to resent the topic.

Ramona is five minutes away from bloviating about the plight of the white man - the one, true oppressed group in the United States. 

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, kristen111 said:

All the men at her hangouts in the City know she’s a slob.  The Hamptons too.  She’s good for a quicky, but not marriage.  She’s done.

She showed a lot of chemistry with the fishing guide several episodes ago. I think plenty of guys would marry her, consider her a prize. The problem is those guys aren’t rich. 

• Love 12

Well it seemed part of the point of it was to discuss relations between the black community and the Jewish community.

And possibly the discrimination many Black Jewish people face from within the Jewish community...though as said, it would have worked better had more people from within the Jewish community been invited.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 8/11/2021 at 5:09 PM, sistermagpie said:

She reacts when the subject of white supremacy is brought up, it seems to me, because she correctly recognizes her attitudes in it and is threatened when they're called out.

That’s Bravos fault .. adding fuel to the fire.  Everyone should just get along, in fact they probably do.  So sick of this nonsense.

• Love 1

The Black Shabbat was a joke. Eboni may have set it up and invited three of her black friends but the minute Ramona and Sonja were included most likely at the behest of Bravo she should have known the inevitable outcome. These two women ruin every event they attend.  Sonja with her sloppy drunk antics that she thinks is cute and Ramona with her argumentative attitude and disgusting behavior. I would have liked to see a real Shabbat dinner with some discussion between the three balck guests and a few more Jewish guests. Where were the Jewish guests??  But Bravo makes everything about excess drinking, screaming and fighting. It is so tiring, same thing week after week. The only good thing about Black Shabbat was that Leah was not there in person. 

• Love 7

Ramona's reaction to the race discussions may be partly because she suspects the other housewives are trying to get her removed from the show. She smells a set-up. Ramona's life will be meaningless without this how.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 8/11/2021 at 11:10 PM, Bluesky said:

The most bizarre and nonsensical thing that came out of Ramona’s mouth was her claim that she wished she was born Jewish and was very upset that she wasn’t.  WTF?   After she said someone wanted her to convert before marriage and she ended because he had poor manners and didn’t say thank you.   She’s lost her mind.  

If her parents were born Jewish, Ramona probably wouldn’t  even be here. Her parents were probably born around the start of WW2.  Her mother was born in Hungary where Jews were murdered during the Holocaust and her father in Ukraine where Jews were also slaughtered.  Ramona could have discussed her parents emigrating from Eastern Europe and maybe what they witnessed with Jews being rounded up and how scary it must have been.  But no, it had to be about her.  She is so ignorant and narcissistic.  

Ramona has to learn to listen before speaking.  She’s quick on the draw, then gets in hot water.  No tact.  I don’t know how she was a business woman.

• Love 4

Late to the party; I had to brace myself to watch this episode.....I want to echo those upthread who were completely appalled at Ramona's behavior.  I couldn't believe it.

Do you think it was a producer's suggestion that she act like a total boor while a guest in a stranger's home?  Excuse me, to act like a boor while having the privilege of being a guest at a dinner with religious significance?  If not, I'm speechless.  Rather than Eboni speaking to Leah in the other room, she should have asked Ramona to speak with her in private to explain this was an important dinner for her and she needed Ramona to cooperate.

We'll see what happens but I would have shown Ramona the door after she went in the kitchen in search of protein.  Perhaps with a "go bag?" That was so over the top I can't believe it was real.

• Love 7

I’m watching the end of this and realized that I was misreading the large letters previously as

SHAB

HAT

when in fact they do show up as

SHAB

BAT

Geez I need an eyeglass prescription or cataract surgery or something 

😐

apologies!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, albarino said:

Late to the party; I had to brace myself to watch this episode.....I want to echo those upthread who were completely appalled at Ramona's behavior.  I couldn't believe it.

Do you think it was a producer's suggestion that she act like a total boor while a guest in a stranger's home?  Excuse me, to act like a boor while having the privilege of being a guest at a dinner with religious significance?  If not, I'm speechless.  Rather than Eboni speaking to Leah in the other room, she should have asked Ramona to speak with her in private to explain this was an important dinner for her and she needed Ramona to cooperate.

We'll see what happens but I would have shown Ramona the door after she went in the kitchen in search of protein.  Perhaps with a "go bag?" That was so over the top I can't believe it was real.

I’ll bet they were told to lay in on thick as the ratings have dropped.  This show is not working anymore.  I watched all repeats today with Bethenny, Jill, Simon, Bobby and the old gang.  No comparison.  There is nothing to work with that’s interesting.  Covid didn’t help.

• Love 6
On 8/11/2021 at 12:35 AM, dosodog said:

I do not remember what season or episode, but!  Luanne was wearing a floral Little House on the Prairie dress, with white boots that were "go go" like.

I swear, tonight, when she got on the bus, with the high slit, blue sequin dress? Those white boots she was wearing?  Looked very familiar....

She lacks footwear game. I say this as a LuAnne fan.

This is the only image I could find, but I could immediately picture what outfit you meant.  This was it, right?  😄

09005415952674644269_thumb.jpg

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2021 at 8:39 PM, albarino said:

I don’t think there is a line that Ramona won’t cross.  Jewish dinner?  Ramona has to interrupt to claim she was almost Jewish! (earlier she claimed her fiancé broke it off because she refused to convert.   

And then when we finally get to some substance, the woman telling her story of being denied treatment because of her race, Ramona has to yell, I was denied too and I’m white!   That killed any possibility of any conversation of substance.  

They weren’t even able to civilly discuss studies that show Black people are routinely under treated for pain. Or how Jewish people were some of the first northern people to go and fight with Black people for civil rights.   So really Leah?  You all are discussing serious things?   They must edit the intelligent conversations out. 

• Love 6
On 8/11/2021 at 8:21 AM, GussieK said:

I can't see Jacques's circle going there either--like Katz's deli?  I just can't see it.  This is hard to explain but it's my gut feeling from living here as a Jewish person my whole life.  These delis have become almost extinct in NYC now, where there used to be one every few blocks.  This kind of food is no longer as popular as it once was.  So you have the big tourist attractions like Katz's or Second Ave. Deli. 

It's sadly true that NYC delis have "become almost extinct."  Perhaps even sadder would be if none of these ladies has yet to sample a Katz's Hot Pastrami sandwich. 😋  (Tho they'd probably be kicked out for their rude dining behavior.  YES!  Even Katz's has its standards!)  For those who've never enjoyed this treat, go on YouTube and savor some fun videos of the world's best pastrami sandwich!  (Back during WWII, this deli was known for its hanging sign that said: "Send a salami to your boy in the army!"  The sign is still there. And YES they did send food overseas!  Hmmm, wonder if they deliver to the Upper West Side?!?)  Bon Appetit! 🥪

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

It's sadly true that NYC delis have "become almost extinct."  Perhaps even sadder would be if none of these ladies has yet to sample a Katz's Hot Pastrami sandwich. 😋  (Tho they'd probably be kicked out for their rude dining behavior.  YES!  Even Katz's has its standards!)  For those who've never enjoyed this treat, go on YouTube and savor some fun videos of the world's best pastrami sandwich!  (Back during WWII, this deli was known for its hanging sign that said: "Send a salami to your boy in the army!"  The sign is still there. And YES they did send food overseas!  Hmmm, wonder if they deliver to the Upper West Side?!?)  Bon Appetit! 🥪

Do you live on the UWS too?  I do.  I haven't been to Katz's in a while, but I love it.  Last December I ordered from Second Ave Deli using Doordash.  It was a little expensive, but we were sick with Covid and needed their matzoh ball soup.  Probably can use Doordash for Katz's as well. 

Or maybe Uber Eats.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, GussieK said:

Do you live on the UWS too?  I do.  I haven't been to Katz's in a while, but I love it.  Last December I ordered from Second Ave Deli using Doordash.  It was a little expensive, but we were sick with Covid and needed their matzoh ball soup.  Probably can use Doordash for Katz's as well. 

Or maybe Uber Eats.

Yup!  West End at 79th - a block away from Riverside Park.  I LOVE the area, but wish the dining options were more varied. Thanks for the suggestions of Second Ave Deli for matzoh ball soup & Doordash for Katz's.  So sorry you had to deal with Covid. 😓 Hope the Second Ave Deli matzoh ball soup speeded up your recovery!  Am embarrassed to say I never had their soup.....but it will now definitely be in my culinary future  😋

• Love 1
16 hours ago, TzuShih said:

It's sadly true that NYC delis have "become almost extinct."  Perhaps even sadder would be if none of these ladies has yet to sample a Katz's Hot Pastrami sandwich. 

My loyalty was to the Carnegie Deli (RIP).  

Can you just picture this group in any of the delis?  I can only imagine what Sonja carrying on with the pickles, Ramona going on and on about the unhealthy fats and carbs, Eboni making micro speeches about the connection to the Black community in Harlem, and Luanne pretending to be above it all.  Not involving Leah because in my scenario she couldn't film that day.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ichbin said:

My loyalty was to the Carnegie Deli (RIP).  

OMG!  The BEST!  On Thanksgiving Day, my friends & I were never that into a traditional turkey meal, and after the Macy's Day parade, we'd head over to the Carnegie Deli and get these humongous hot pastrami sandwiches 'to go.'  That was our annual 'Save-A-Turkey' celebration!  I miss the Carnegie Deli soooo much.  (I can imagine Sonja going thru about ten baskets of the complimentary pickles!) 😜

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, TzuShih said:

OMG!  The BEST!  On Thanksgiving Day, my friends & I were never that into a traditional turkey meal, and after the Macy's Day parade, we'd head over to the Carnegie Deli and get these humongous hot pastrami sandwiches 'to go.'  That was our annual 'Save-A-Turkey' celebration!  I miss the Carnegie Deli soooo much.  (I can imagine Sonja going thru about ten baskets of the complimentary pickles!) 😜

The pastrami wars between them and The Stage was epic.

Peak NYC ridiculousness at its finest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Ramona is so inappropriate and problematic in many ways. However, in rewatching these episodes, Ramona’s first reactions to both the woman who was denied pain medicine and medical access when she was pregnant and when the woman from the Fortune Society described why she was was sent to prison was “that is so awful” and both obviously upset her. Her face showed so much concern and compassion.
Unfortunately, she then went on to be Ramona with interrupting and then talking about her own experiences. It’s like she doesn’t know how to relate to anyone without trying to find a similar example with her own life. She is beyond old enough to know better and should have learned by now when to shut up and just listen and to understand that sometimes there isn’t a comparison to one’s own life. 

In reflecting on her many years on RHONY, her actions on and off screen shows that she really cares about her friends and is there when they need her. Sonja deflecting all her anger and nastiness on Ramona was awful. Most people would have said, “I’m done with you, you have a abused me and used me as your punching bag one to many times” but Ramona continues to puts up with it and is genuinely concerned about Sonja’s continued downward spiral.

I continue to be puzzled about how Ramona’s brain works. Ramona is her own worst enemy. Her inappropriateness is what is aired, not her compassion.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

Between the three of Ramona, Lu, and Sonja I think there is only one functioning synapse and depends on who is using it you get the insanity from the other two.

And I say that as someone who still enjoys the RHONY Cerberus.

Edited by bosawks
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

Black people pointing out that they're Black is not being divisive. 

On 8/13/2021 at 4:26 PM, pasdetrois said:

I've suspected it for a long time, but now I feel confident that Ramona is a true racist, not to mention raging narcissist and elitist. The signs have been there all along. That protracted, insistent display at the dinner table was chilling. I'd love to see her gone. Stop rewarding her racist behavior.

Agree

• Useful 1
  • Love 1