Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E05: Wild Card #2 ; Nominations #2

• Start Topic

(edited)

Kyland is handsome. 

Claire really, really, really reminds me of someone.  Julia Stiles?

I have a personal issue with Sarah Beth's voice.

Frenchie to Slaughterhouse:  I'M OUT.

Frenchie 5 minutes later:  I HAVE NEVER QUIT ANYTHING IN MY LIFE.

It would be hilarious to see Britni on Survivor.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new and improved DR. Finally, we're back to normal human people telling us their actual thoughts, instead of shouty, cliché-spouting robots. 

Ky did say "blood on my hands" near the end but the rest was fine. 

It was just a fun episode. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Frenchie's family must be having a tough time of it sitting in their living room watching him toast his own game...storming through the house saying I'm out!

Equally sad is production I'm sure. It's too early to lose your 'buzzworthy' character and without him there is no clear cut villain to root against.

Tiffany is a fave of mine right now but she lost points in that she would EVER trust Frenchie with a secret when she knows he can't keep his mouth shout. I just don't understand that.

The Travis blowing up Frenchie's game was much a do about nothing because Frenchie did that all on his own.

Not getting where this vibe is coming from that  Whitney is some big power player. Not seeing that...or Hannah seemingly ever moving off the couch.

The girl with the afro seemed genuinlly upset about her team mates going up on the block.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Someone here pegged it. She looks so much like a blonde Megan Fox. 

Oh, and it was hilarious when Tiffany and Azah were having their fake grieving session. I totally bought it too! 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

So…Frenchie's upset that Kyland doesn't seem to be 100% dedicated to this "Slaughterhouse" alliance that's pretty much bs?  Aww, too bad.

Or, in the words of Buffy Summers: "Let me take this opportunity to not care".  I can't wait for him to go…and apparently neither can most of the House, given that they were all pretty much openly rooting against him while watching the comp.

Way to charm the crowd, genius.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new and improved DR. Finally, we're back to normal human people telling us their actual thoughts, instead of shouty, cliché-spouting robots. 

Ky did say "blood on my hands" near the end but the rest was fine. 

It was just a fun episode. 

What about Frenchie?  Something about snakes in the grass and he's starting his lawnmower 😄😄😄

But he always talks like that!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

Frenchie's family must be having a tough time of it sitting in their living room watching him toast his own game...

Frenchie toast!

Sorry. Actually, I bet they’re used to his, let’s say, idiosyncrasies. 

Tiffany and Azah with the fake crying bit was the BEST. I love Tiffany so much.

Kyland to Britini: “You don’t ask questions. I ask questions.” When did Ky become Judge Judy?

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Colbie Caillet? And Hannah looks like Meghan Markle. Frenchie looks like someone at my work who I hate, which isn’t helping. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Frenchie is such an idiot with his hinky votes.

You don't tell people you know something and refuse to tell them.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.  He thinks he's a Super-fan?  Pfffft!

I'm glad he's on the block and hope he goes.

Tiffany is a hoot!

The WC was fun.  Nice job SB!  Tricky decision.  I think she made the right call.  Leave well enough alone.

They need more subtitles.

Britni needs to chill.

Frenchie is hilarious.  He's only one person that no one can stand so how much damage could he do?

• Love 8
(edited)
59 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

Frenchie toast!

Sorry. Actually, I bet they’re used to his, let’s say, idiosyncrasies. 

Tiffany and Azah with the fake crying bit was the BEST. I love Tiffany so much.

Kyland to Britini: “You don’t ask questions. I ask questions.” When did Ky become Judge Judy?

Ky said it to Frenchie too. I kind of like it. The hoh has the power, he dosen't need to answer questions.  Now if only he'd say "They don't keep me here because I'm pretty, they keep me  here because I'm smart"😄 . He is pretty though.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 6

I really like this group.  I like that there are not 2 sides of the house, but a group of individuals, who have teams and alliances and friendships, and we don't really know where they stand with each other. 

I really didn't like Britini's reaction to being nominated.  she thought she was being targeted for being loyal.  No, Ky was afraid if she was NOT nominated, she could win POV and take frenchie off the block.  he couldn't risk that. 

I kind of loved that frenchie was muttering about the slaughterhouse alliance.  They aren't loyal to him?  The nerve!  The narcissist expects loyalty even though he doesn't give it.  

• Love 15
55 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I know this is a stretch, but Hannah kiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda reminds me of Nicki Minaj.

I think she looks like Jennifer Lawrence. Wow! Looking like other people must be her superpower 😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Maya said:

And Hannah looks like Meghan Markle. Frenchie looks like someone at my work who I hate, which isn’t helping. 

Thank you!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance between Hannah and Meghan Markle.  Frenchie looks like a thinner, less buff, less hot version of Tim McGraw.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Thank you!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the resemblance between Hannah and Meghan Markle.  Frenchie looks like a thinner, less buff, less hot version of Tim McGraw.  

When I read this my mind seemed to want it to be Tim's father Tug you were talking about.  Anyway keeping up with my baseball references, I think Frenchie looks like former Yankees player/manager/Mickey Mantle drinking buddy Billy Martin.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

When I read this my mind seemed to want it to be Tim's father Tug you were talking about.  Anyway keeping up with my baseball references, I think Frenchie looks like former Yankees player/manager/Mickey Mantle drinking buddy Billy Martin.

Hmmm, not bad.  I think I might plop for noted caffeine addict/chainsmoker Jim Leyland, though.  (Managerial success with Pittsburgh, the Marlins [WS] and Detroit.)  Billy was more combative, where Frenchie just comes off as whiny, IMO.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

The history of Big Brother is littered with players who came into the house and started playing HARD from Day 1, creating multiple, overlapping alliances, ratting out said-alliances, trying to bully the "weaker" players, deciding who's a pawn and who's a true player, and going on massive power-trips, only to fall into fits of paranoia and confusion.  The house inevitably turns on these "power players" and usually votes them out by Week 2 or 3.  They burn brightly and then burn out.  Frenchie is definitely one of "those guys". haha

I'd love to see a version of Big Brother where a bunch of these past players are brought back and put into the house together.  If all 16 houseguests are super-alpha power (trip) players, what happens when they all clash?  Would the eventual winner be the least obnoxious of the group, or would he be the ONE TRUE ALL-TIME ALPHA DOG of Big Brother? :)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Kyland is crying over a letter from his mommy and he's only been gone a couple of weeks. Good grief! This isn't Survivor where he's been food deprived and bug bitten for weeks on end. And even then I roll my eyes. 

I'm not a fan of drenching paint or glop or slime or whatever on the Houseguests like this is some kind of Kids Choice awards show. I don't mind if they get messed up during comps like Otev but just randomly dousing them with paint for laughs seems childishly stupid.

I finally figured out who Christian reminds me of: Matt Dallas, the kid who played Kyle XY. Different hair but same face. 

image.png.232bb3093f4ac110116c678b4c8a5739.png

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Kyland is crying over a letter from his mommy and he's only been gone a couple of weeks. Good grief! This isn't Survivor where he's been food deprived and bug bitten for weeks on end. And even then I roll my eyes.

I can go weeks without talking to my parents.  Probably has something to do with going to college on the other side of the country back when long distance calls were still a luxury that you paid for.  But, I digress.  Some people talk to their mom or dad every day.  More than once a day even.  Maybe Kyland is one of THOSE people. 

I'm with you, get a grip and grow up.  But, some of THOSE people I know are well into their 30s or 40s, so who the hell knows? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

The music change when Azah and Tiffany were speaking normally and then when Derek came into the room so they quickly went back to crying was just *chef’s kiss*.

Shut up, Britni.  That was actually a good reason to nominate you.

Whitney was wearing a cape, and also a crop top, and I can’t quite figure out why.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

I didn't watch this show for about 10 seasons between 12 and 21. However, if Frenchie is a "super fan," I'm a friggin "super-dee-duper, extreme, abso-friggin-lutely ultra fan." The man is a bumbling twit that could walk outside in the middle of a drought and still find a way to face plant in a mud puddle.

And Britini. For the love of everything, please just shut the hell up. Apparently she thought she shouldn't be put up for any reason? 

Outside of Brent, Tiffany and Azah, I really can't stand anyone in this house. 

• LOL 5
20 hours ago, PaperTree said:

You don't tell people you know something and refuse to tell them.

I know, I was thinking wow, dumb AND reckless is no way to live in the BB house!!

It seems like a pretty chill group with the exception of the two people currently on the block. Can we have a twist send them both home?

Also with the (non fake) crying after the noms?? The hell? It's like just barely begun and you already can't keep it together?

• Love 3

New drinking game on eviction night.

Every time someone says, "I sadly vote to evict _____________" you do a shot. It's the only way to cope with the blatant bullshit associated with that statement. You don't "sadly" vote to evict anyone who is standing between you and 750K. Get out of here with that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

OK.  Sarah Beth is growing on me.  Initially, in her intro stuff she just seemed too twee for me, but all that looks like it was maybe amped up for the promotional materials because she hasn't seemed too much too much in the house so far.  I also cracked up at her humorous poses as she waited for the paint gun.  She might have won me over with those.

Also?  There's a Hannah in the house?  🤣

• Love 6
8 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Britni reminds me of Hannah Horvath. Or maybe just Lena Dunham in general.

I don't even like Britini and I feel bad for her being compared to Lena Dunham (Lena just skeeve me out, she is just a gross person.  Especially after she admitted to doing to her sister what she did.).

Because I'm old, I kept thinking "70s TV, 70s TV" whenever I saw Claire, and I finally realized that to me she looks like Melissa Sue Anderson of Prairie days (a show I never watched because I was a strong devotee of the books at the time and the idea of a beardless Pa was too much to bear).  

Christian's facial structure is too different from Matt Dallas' to make him look similar in my eyes, but they do have the same skin tone and eye color.  What I think of when I see Christian from afar is a colorized old-timey picture where they dotted in the eyes with an impossible blue.  They really do stand out!

Not that keen on Whitney, but Frenchie just barging in and making the cut gesture and saying "I'm out" randomly in front of a lot of people was strange.  Why would she take it as "I'm out of the Slaughterhouse" in general, which he thinks it meant, rather than what she assumed, which was that he was cutting any ties with her specifically?  

Brent being over Frenchie means that there is still only one Brench* duo, though!

msg.jpg

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Frenchie just barging in and making the cut gesture and saying "I'm out" randomly in front of a lot of people was strange. 

This reminds me, Brandon has been very impulsive in the house and this was the perfect example. The big problem being he follows his every impulse, from the way he changed 'targets' as HoH to this stomping around the house telling everyone he was 'out'. He never gets any perspective on what's going on because he's acting on everything in the moment following one whim after another. IT's a dangerous play that will get him booted, soon.

I also laughed as I was saying "Wait why does Brandon's hat have pink splotches on it in the DR??" So, yeah, we knew these were all recorded after the comp and that he won at least one of the questions. Interesting nobody in production noticed that.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Jobiska said:

Because I'm old, I kept thinking "70s TV, 70s TV" whenever I saw Claire, and I finally realized that to me she looks like Melissa Sue Anderson of Prairie days 

I can see it.

I was thinking Claire looked like a grown Anna Chlumsky from My Girl, but your comparison might be better.

6 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

This reminds me, Brandon has been very impulsive in the house and this was the perfect example. The big problem being he follows his every impulse, from the way he changed 'targets' as HoH to this stomping around the house telling everyone he was 'out'. He never gets any perspective on what's going on because he's acting on everything in the moment following one whim after another. IT's a dangerous play that will get him booted, soon.

I can't imagine being married to someone like that, or being their child.  Hopefully he's not always this tightly wound and impulsive. 

• Love 1
On 7/19/2021 at 12:18 PM, HighQueenEB said:

I can go weeks without talking to my parents.  Probably has something to do with going to college on the other side of the country back when long distance calls were still a luxury that you paid for.  But, I digress.  Some people talk to their mom or dad every day.  More than once a day even.  Maybe Kyland is one of THOSE people. 

I'm with you, get a grip and grow up.  But, some of THOSE people I know are well into their 30s or 40s, so who the hell knows? 

I can do you one better! Although I don't think they give out prizes. I went through the pandemic without a single person from my family bothering to check in on me for 20 weeks. I had to sit here, reading very passionate pleas between family members, all over the Internet. No one in my family would have known if I had died from COVID. I would have just been another statistic, another number.

No phonecalls, no emails, no texts, nothing. It was like I had simply ceased to exist for them, from just after Mother's Day to (Canadian) Thanksgiving. I can tell you now, that really does a number on your psyche.

31 minutes ago, HeShallBMySquishy said:

No phonecalls, no emails, no texts, nothing. It was like I had simply ceased to exist for them, from just after Mother's Day to (Canadian) Thanksgiving. I can tell you now, that really does a number on your psyche.

I'm so sorry. That must have felt awful. Many times during the pandemic I thought about people stuck all alone, or with difficult people. Having no family contact you would make a painful, lonely experience even worse. 

• LOL 1
On 7/18/2021 at 10:44 PM, Maya said:

Hannah looks like Meghan Markle. Frenchie looks like someone at my work who I hate, which isn’t helping. 

I think Hannah looks similar to Kamala Harris. Her hair reminds me of Meghan Markle or likens her to Meghan Markle… especially the way she parts it when it’s up with the two sides pulled down around her face. I did not see Nikki Minaj at all and was like whaa? And now I totally see it and get it a bit too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1