Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Journey Into Mystery

Message added by formerlyfreedom,

Posts in this topic should be about the episode. If your post is not primarily about the episode, please rethink where to post it. Posts that are primarily or only about the Marvel movies (or that quote such posts) will be removed without notice, and warnings may be issued. Thank you.

• Start Topic

I think Miss Minutes was working with Renslayer to stall Sylvie until the minutemen got there. Its the looks they exchange about the "prototype" and then when Renslayer asks how long, Miss Minutes says "Just a few more seconds" with another look. And then in comes the "rescue" party. I think she was pretending to look for files while actually signalling for help. So she's definitely shady I think. How shady and how connected are my only remaining questions about that part.

• Love 4

Sylvie suddenly being able to enchant an all-powerful giant smoke monster felt a little too deus ex machina for my tastes. If they had to do it that way, I wish they had a little scene of her enchanting it like they did with C-20. I could picture Sylvie sitting in a bistro sipping umbrella drinks with the smoke monster and it’s getting brain freezes where the smoke actually freezes.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Hook75 said:

Could Mobius be a Loki too?  

I started wondering the same thing a few minutes after he showed up in the episode! My alternate theory is that he’s actually the Timekeepers. Either way, I feel like there’s more to be revealed about his character. 🤔 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

A whole tons of easter eggs and references in this one, down to the title of the episode, which was also the name of the comic where Loki and the Asgardians are first introduced into the comic world. I saw the Thanos copter, frog Thor (!) a broken Avengers tower, the Red Skulls plane, and even a Polybius, the mythical 80s arcade game that supposedly served some sinister purpose before it disappeared, I guess from a timeline where it actually existed 

At one point the camera pans by a wrecked car and the license plate says "GRN WLD". Mark Grunwald was an editor at Marvel who was their resident continuity expert. When the TVA was created Mobius was designed to look like him.

1 hour ago, Rambler said:

Sylvie suddenly being able to enchant an all-powerful giant smoke monster felt a little too deus ex machina for my tastes. If they had to do it that way, I wish they had a little scene of her enchanting it like they did with C-20. I could picture Sylvie sitting in a bistro sipping umbrella drinks with the smoke monster and it’s getting brain freezes where the smoke actually freezes.

I bought it. She had centuries where she was basically alone, so lots of time to practice enchanting.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Do we think they are going to pull a Wandavison and have it be a Loki all along? 

I didn't watch Wandavision (tried and bailed) but I have been thinking it's a Loki for a few episodes now.

I really hope it's not a Loki. To me, it will undermine a lot of the theme of Loki learning that he doesn't have to be the center of everything if he ends up being the center of everything. 

I also still want an explanation for the different appearances of Loki. I know in myth Loki's a shapeshifter, but in the MCU, he's been more of an illusionist. Why would his baseline form change so much and how does the baseline form change so much? 

Also, Alligator Loki's nexus event being eating the wrong neighbor's cat suggests that somehow the Sacred Timeline includes an alligator Loki eating the right neighbor's cat. I need this explanation, preferably as a webcomic.

• Love 11
(edited)

I think the big bad will be a Loki as well.

I thought it would be Richard E Grant's version.

Variant Loki gave it away when he first stepped foot in the TVA and said "this isn't real, this  is an enchantment/illusion". 

And now this Loki has Sylvie teaching him enchantment and making a comment about him having a kingdom to rule. 

I think he was originally supposed to be The One, but something happened to change him.

God Bless Tom Hiddleston, Richard E Grant (I have loved him the longest), and Owen Wilson.

It's always a treat to watch good actors do their thing.

I don't understand why, with dozens of Lokis present, that Mobius couldn't take some with him.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

I am still slightly shocked that the Thanos Copter was made canon.

Owen Wilson showing up in that little car seems to have been a reference to a similar scene in a Luke Wilson movie, Idiocracy. I'll spoiler code it since it's mildly NSFW.

Spoiler

Luke Wilson ends up having to drive a similar tiny car except the accessory flopping around on it is a giant dildo.

Sylvie made me raise an eyebrow when she said the blanket wasn't very snuggly. So we're snuggling then?

Classic Loki was an amazing character for what little he had to do in this episode.

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

I am still slightly shocked that the Thanos Copter was made canon.

The TVA have been purging non-canon stuff and throwing it into the Void at the end of time, so technically the Thanoscopter is withdrawn canon.

a lot like Classic Loki, whose method of fooling Thanos and escaping death was (I’m told) a big fan theory after Infinity War. Fanon that got purged.

Edited by arc
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

I really hope it's not a Loki. To me, it will undermine a lot of the theme of Loki learning that he doesn't have to be the center of everything if he ends up being the center of everything. 

Perhaps - if that is the case - our Loki will see the version of himself who's achieved all the power he could ever want, and then ultimately reject that path for himself. So much of what we've seen in the show thus far is about whether we have choice and free will . For Loki, learning that there's a timeline where he DOES win, but being able to turn away from the version of him that acquires all that power and control, would be a huge character moment.

• Love 4
(edited)
7 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Also, Alligator Loki's nexus event being eating the wrong neighbor's cat suggests that somehow the Sacred Timeline includes an alligator Loki eating the right neighbor's cat. I need this explanation, preferably as a webcomic.

I would like to think that all cats are protected in the Sacred Timeline and therefore, everytime someone tries to harm one, that timeline gets variant-ed. I mean, I would join the TVA under those conditions, all other moral dilemmas be damned. 

Wait, what do you mean by "priorities"?

Edited by JustHereForFood
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Really good episode.  They built up a pretty epic final action scene.  While I wish he could have been in the series longer, Richard E. Grant was a highlight.  

One issue though that Caroline Siede at the AV Club pointed out.  I'm going to include her quote from her review...

"Especially because I still have a bit of whiplash from the fact that Loki was so firmly introduced as a buddy cop show only to suddenly and unexpectedly make the swerve into a high-concept romantic comedy. Indeed, given how much the Loki/Sylvie dynamic is emerging as the core of the show, I find it strange that this six-episode series didn’t even properly introduce her until its third episode. Those first two episodes got me so attached to the Loki/Mobius relationship that I’m now finding it hard to pivot to the idea that Loki and Sylvie are the pairing I’m really supposed to invest in. It doesn’t help that Sophia Di Martino, while engaging, can’t quite match Wilson when it comes to the spark of her performance or her chemistry with Tom Hiddleston. Though Loki and Mobius’ hug is a wonderfully sweet moment for them, I would’ve loved to have spent more time this week on Loki’s reunion with the man who ostensibly knows him better than he knows himself."

I understand why the Loki/Sylvie relationship is central but it's nowhere near as interesting as the Loki/Mobius relationship.  That relationship has been the best thing about this show and the hug between the two was the emotional highpoint of this series so far, something that Loki's relationship with Sophie hasn't come close to matching.  The show wants us to believe that Loki's reunion with Sylvie is the most important thing but it was the reunion with Mobius I believe more people were interested in seeing. That is a legitimate issue with this series.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 18
(edited)
15 hours ago, Dame sans merci said:

Perhaps - if that is the case - our Loki will see the version of himself who's achieved all the power he could ever want, and then ultimately reject that path for himself. So much of what we've seen in the show thus far is about whether we have choice and free will . For Loki, learning that there's a timeline where he DOES win, but being able to turn away from the version of him that acquires all that power and control, would be a huge character moment.

Why can't it be both ?

"Our" Loki has grown.

The one behind the curtain, has not. I am just speculating, but I don't see how they are going to take down the TVA and get out of the void with less than an hour left. I think when Loki discovers the truth and refuses to bow to himself, the Loki in charge will reset the timeline and send another Loki to Mobius, who will either not remember, or will know what's happening and not be able to stop it. Meanwhile Sylvie and Loki are stuck with the other Lokis in the void.

Or they rush the ending and everyone gets a HEA. Both possible.

It could also be Mobius who causes the time reset. He literally takes a match to the place, and when it doesn't burn because of the enchantment, The One(I believe he's called He Who Remains) will reset time again.

13 hours ago, benteen said:

Really good episode.  They built up a pretty epic final action scene.  While I wish he could have been in the series longer, Richard E. Grant was a highlight.  

One issue though that Caroline Siede at the AV Club pointed out.  I'm going to include her quote from her review...

"Especially because I still have a bit of whiplash from the fact that Loki was so firmly introduced as a buddy cop show only to suddenly and unexpectedly make the swerve into a high-concept romantic comedy. Indeed, given how much the Loki/Sylvie dynamic is emerging as the core of the show, I find it strange that this six-episode series didn’t even properly introduce her until its third episode. Those first two episodes got me so attached to the Loki/Mobius relationship that I’m now finding it hard to pivot to the idea that Loki and Sylvie are the pairing I’m really supposed to invest in. It doesn’t help that Sophia Di Martino, while engaging, can’t quite match Wilson when it comes to the spark of her performance or her chemistry with Tom Hiddleston. Though Loki and Mobius’ hug is a wonderfully sweet moment for them, I would’ve loved to have spent more time this week on Loki’s reunion with the man who ostensibly knows him better than he knows himself."

I understand why the Loki/Sylvie relationship is central but it's nowhere near as interesting as the Loki/Mobius relationship.  That relationship has been the best thing about this show and the hug between the two was the emotional highpoint of this series so far, something that Loki's relationship with Sophie hasn't come close to matching.  That is a legitimate issue with this series.

Yes, yes, and yes !!

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, swanpride said:

To be honest, most of the fun of this episode was in the background stuff. I got a really good laugh out of the Thanos-copter. Though I am still trying to figure out what was written on the destroyed alternative Avengers Tower (maybe a hint to Oscorb?), it was just fun paying attention to the details. 

This CinemaBlend article noted that the beginning of this episode 5 revealed that what we thought was the destroyed Avengers Tower in NYC was actually the destroyed Qeng Tower - see screenshot below...

Less than 30 seconds into Loki's penultimate episode, as the camera is soaring over the completely destroyed New York City that was teased in Episode 4, there's another glimpse of what we had previously assumed was Avengers Tower. However, the building is revealed to actually be Qeng Tower, which is either a massive hint that the time-traveling Kang is coming in the season finale, or it's just a blink-and-you'll-miss-it-until-you-get-on-Twitter alt-timeline easter egg that won't have any real bearing on either Loki or ....

899bb37da4e633f51a52bef6be18bcc359a53889

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
(edited)

Kang references do seem to be showing up a lot (kind of like Thanos did).

Re: a Loki Variant as the TVA head - literally anything is possible in the MCU (whether it makes sense or not!! LOL), but probably the biggest thing that leads me away from that possibility is that one of the main, defining characteristics of a Loki is that they are undisciplined.

They are survivors (which is a defensive stance, not an offensive, organized one), not leaders (even President Loki didn't fare well). And while Sylvie seems different, even she is more of a survivor than an activist. She's obviously been hiding a long time (like Classic Loki), but the TVA would have caught her and neutralized her when she made her attack if it wasn't for the existence of our Loki and Mobius changing the playing field. 

So whoever is behind the TVA, they are methodical and focused. Those really aren't Loki traits.  

Spoiler

And the purpose of this show really isn't about Loki, it's about setting the playing field for Dr. Strange 2 and as far as I know, Loki isn't part of that movie, only Wanda.

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Kang references do seem to be showing up a lot (kind of like Thanos did).

Re: a Loki Variant as the TVA head - literally anything is possible in the MCU (whether it makes sense or not!! LOL), but probably the biggest thing that leads me away from that possibility is that one of the main, defining characteristics of a Loki is that they are undisciplined.

They are survivors (which is a defensive stance, not an offensive, organized one), not leaders (even President Loki didn't fare well). And while Sylvie seems different, even she is more of a survivor than an activist. She's obviously been hiding a long time (like Classic Loki), but the TVA would have caught her and neutralized her when she made her attack if it wasn't for the existence of our Loki and Mobius changing the playing field. 

So whoever is behind the TVA, they are methodical and focused. Those really aren't Loki traits.  

Replying in the comics and movies thread.

(edited)
5 hours ago, benteen said:

I understand why the Loki/Sylvie relationship is central but it's nowhere near as interesting as the Loki/Mobius relationship.  That relationship has been the best thing about this show and the hug between the two was the emotional highpoint of this series so far, something that Loki's relationship with Sophie hasn't come close to matching.  The show wants us to believe that Loki's reunion with Sylvie is the most important thing but it was the reunion with Mobius I believe more people were interested in seeing. That is a legitimate issue with this series.

I don't know how to know what relationship has been most interesting to the general audience. Personally, I don't see the show as about either relationship. I watch the show for Hiddleston Loki's character growing within the realities of his character flaws.

In terms of the relationships, I like Loki/Mobius, but I don't find their relationship particularly compelling now that the arc of trick-to-trust is done. I think there's more room for ongoing interesting dynamics with Loki/Sylvie, but I didn't love the way they were written this episode. I felt they sparked in the previous two episodes with a deliciously twisted/sweet vibe, and then this episode, it was like kittens and flowers. 

In general, I'm worried that the final episode will go too much into kittens and flowers, tbh. Classic Loki's story was moving. His sacrifice was moving. But Loki is interesting to me because of his trickster nature. I don't need or want him to stay evil; he never really was evil at the core (at least in MCU version). But I need both him and Sylvie to stay as embodiments of "mischief." I don't want them to simply use force--be it magical or physical--to solve their problems. I want them to always be one step ahead of what I can guess at, and I want there always to be that mischievous amorality.

And if Loki/Sylvie do end up with more on-screen romance, IMHO, it shouldn't be like two damaged teens finding love in a sweet YA book. It should be twisted. It should be a narcissistic expression of self-love through self-acceptance between two adults who have seen some shit, done some things, and can only connect with each other because the only person they can trust is themself.

Edited by Zuleikha
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Also, Alligator Loki's nexus event being eating the wrong neighbor's cat suggests that somehow the Sacred Timeline includes an alligator Loki eating the right neighbor's cat. 

Remember that Asgardians might not have the same definition of "cat" as Midgardians do... Gator Loki could have eaten something dramatically different...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, paigow said:

Remember that Asgardians might not have the same definition of "cat" as Midgardians do... Gator Loki could have eaten something dramatically different...

Several of them don't seem to know the difference between a racoon and a rabbit.

As for Gator Loki I hope we see him again because I want to know if he was born a Gator or got turned into one by magic and can't turn back.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, paigow said:

Remember that Asgardians might not have the same definition of "cat" as Midgardians do... Gator Loki could have eaten something dramatically different

My head canon is that Goose was on Asgard at one point and was the wrong cat that Gator Loki ate. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I have no idea how they are going to wrap this up in one episode. I can't believe there's only one left. 😢

I kinda hate the idea of Loki and Sylvie being in a romantic relationship, just because they are essentially siblings, if they share similar DNA and have the same parents. But I also don't understand how all the variants can be Loki. If they look so different, then their DNA would be different, and therefore they would not be the same person. And if they did have the same parents, how can one be an alligator?! I didn't get the impression that they were using magic to change their appearance. Sylvie doesn't even know how to use that kind of magic, does she?

Although I do like the idea of Loki bonding with someone, and their scenes were sweet, I have to think of them as completely separate, unrelated people in order to get over the ick factor.

The bowling alley was a cool, creepy set. I liked that kid Loki decked out his throne in giant candy cane decorations, since we know they didn't have candy on Asgard. lol I would have liked to have seen more versions of Tom's Loki. The one that got his hand bit off was so much fun. When I first heard about the show, I thought it was going to be about Loki causing havoc in different time periods. We've really only gotten a few tastes of that. But I can't complain, this show has been pretty amazing.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I kinda hate the idea of Loki and Sylvie being in a romantic relationship, just because they are essentially siblings, if they share similar DNA and have the same parents. But I also don't understand how all the variants can be Loki.

Do we know enough to know that? Is it possible that Sylvie is Odin and Frigga's biological child? Even as a kid she didn't look like a Tom Hiddleston Loki so it is not like she decided to identify as Sylvie once she became an adult and used magic to change her appearance.

43 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Do we know enough to know that? Is it possible that Sylvie is Odin and Frigga's biological child? Even as a kid she didn't look like a Tom Hiddleston Loki so it is not like she decided to identify as Sylvie once she became an adult and used magic to change her appearance.

She said she was adopted. And the TVA files list her name as Slyvie Laufeydottir. So she's a frost giant like Loki. The dottir part makes it seem like she was born female.

Odin is the one that changed them from a frost giant to look more like they are from Asgard. From the Loki's we saw in this he changed their race as well. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

On Lamentis, Sylvie and Loki discussed how they were both adopted (Sylvie was told; Loki wasn’t).  I have never read a Marvel comic, so I don’t know any lore about this timeline/ multiverse stuff, but the impression I got from this show is that  they are not all DNA-identical Lokis and changing their appearances via magic or otherwise.  (Sylvie referenced last episode that she was born a woman.) Rather, they are all kind metaphysically related through having the same soul, even though their physical bodies differ and are not necessarily related.  I could be wrong though.

I think for me, this also ties into what @benteen said above (and in the quoted A.V. Club article) about Sylvie and Loki not being quite as compelling as Mobius and Loki.  Sylvie and Loki may not be genetically related, but if they have the same soul, then they are not as interesting of a contrast (to me) as seeing Mobius (an outsider who has only studied Lokis) and Loki bring some odd couple energy to their interactions.  Now watch the theories of Mobius being a Loki variant come true and my whole point be garbage, lol!

• Love 5

I just figured that they would have to have the same parents in order to both be Lokis. But I think I am looking at it too much in a real world, scientific way. I like the idea of them not having the same DNA, but instead only sharing the same metaphysical soul. It reminds me of the pixar movie Soul, where the soul exists before the body does, and the soul just drops down into a random body. lol That way you can have the same soul existing in different body types in different timelines, and experiencing different lives. Actually, this is kind of an a-ha moment, and the theory I am going with. It makes the whole Loki/Sylvie romance more palatable. 😆

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

Do we think they are going to pull a Wandavison and have it be a Loki all along? 

That’s my theory.   I think the big boss is another Loki.  

• Love 4
(edited)

So I'm back to thinking IF it is a Loki, it is REG's version.

His death could be a classic misdirect.

I just don't think they'd bother getting him for one show like that. And, they put special emphasis on his ability to do illusions. 

As far as why he'd need another Loki to basically be groomed to take over the TVA, well, Lokis do DIE. They are not immortal. So Old Loki keeps ordering them pruned until the right one comes along. 

The Time Keepers did say to Sylvie "you are a child of the Time Keepers too" or something like that.

Edited by IWantCandy71
(edited)
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

She said she was adopted. And the TVA files list her name as Slyvie Laufeydottir. So she's a frost giant like Loki. The dottir part makes it seem like she was born female.

Good to know I couldn't remember that part. And when Sylvie was first revealed I thought she might actually be Loki who had changed her appearance.

6 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

In general, I'm worried that the final episode will go too much into kittens and flowers, tbh. Classic Loki's story was moving. His sacrifice was moving. 

I wonder if we will find out how much of a sacrifice it was. Like did the smoke monster kill him? Or does he go somewhere else. I find it interesting that the TVA knows that pruning seems to send people to the end of time, but they don't really know what is there, and that a Tempad can't take you there but it can bring you back. I wonder if anyone has tried to prune themselves before Sylvie.

Edited by Kel Varnsen
  • Love 2
(edited)

Was it just me or were there two classic Lokis in the Loki fight? One sneaking our group out and I saw a gold cloak like his and horns still swirling in the battle.

Edited by Ailianna
(edited)

Man, that was excellent!  I love the swings this show takes, and generally, they make it work! 

I loved all the versions of Loki.  Classic Loki (and Richard E Grant) did so much in such little time. I almost instantly cared about him, which is a testament to the actor.  He really made it all work even in that costume. I loved his story of how we got away from Thanos (lots of Loki fans have wanted that to be true since IW), and the tragedy of missing Thor.  His possible sacrifice at the end was badass.  I also really liked Kid Loki (he killed Thor...BRUH) and his gifting of the sword for no gain, and, of course, the amazingness of Alligator Loki.  But, I wasn't ready for President Loki.  This is where Tom wins for me all the time...he takes the look we know and in a matter of a costume change and excellent acting, I forgot for a moment it was the same dude playing OUR Loki.  And I'll be that simp...if Episode 4 Loki kneeling set the interwebs on fire, then Episode 5 President Loki scorched earth.  The low growl to his voice and BDE...dayum. Hiddleston has to know, right? Then, following up with the best comedy of his hand getting eaten and the high-pitched scream.  GOLD. 

So many Easter Eggs for comic fans! I watched by myself and my cousins and I were blowing each other's phones up so much that we ended up rewatching together so we could pause and talked more uniformly (like the nerds we are!). Thanos-copter!  Qeng!  Ronan's Destroyer! Frog Thor (with what we think is the actual audio from The Avengers movie when Loki trapped Thor in the glass prison)! Mjlinor!  Alioth!   

I love the theme we continue to see playing out:  This Loki (our Loki) has quickly learned some lessons about himself by exasperatingly watching his variants act how he acts - selfishly, mischievously, stabbing others in the back ad nauseum.  Sometimes, there is nothing like a mirror to yourself to see clearly where you have fucked up and gain some self awareness.  I appreciate that he has quickly begun to apply to lessons. 

I agree with you guys that the killer team of Loki and Mobius (who I wish we had longer as a detective duo) undercuts Loki and Sylvie.  I was SO pleased to see Mobius back with Loki and their little hug, and such.   And, I too am thoroughly unsure how I feel about Loki and Sylvie as a romantic pairing. I think they have packed a lot into this show very quickly, and letting Loki and Sylvie grow into who they want to be without resorting to their old, backward selves feels like the right path forward.  I think they like each other, but haven't the experience to tease apart what kind of "like" and if it could be "love" (it's too quick to go there now, IMO).  That said, their blanket scene was so damn sweet!  Tom plays the Loki dichotomy of extreme bravado and quiet, awkward insecurity so beautifully.  I see the start of it with the blanket scene, and the scene where Loki is telling the other Lokis about the female variant and how great she is; you can feel his pride at talking about his friend and how amazing she is and his glorious purpose may be helping her.  Personally, I want them to grow a trusting friendship longer than 2 days that is built on not just in moments of extreme danger, but the smaller moments that truly define relationships.  I want them to earn the love story a little more, but I think I would like a more platonic route even more.  Plus, I want to see the team-up of Mobius, Loki, and Sylvie.  I would have sacrificed some of the Lamentis episode for pushing to more time with the 3 of them.  The breakneck speed is really leaning into the actors to create brilliant moments (which they are) instead of letting the narrative and pace build those character moments more foundationally, IMO. 

I'm already sad that the season is almost done!  WHAT?!

My spec, but in spoiler tags just in case:

Spoiler

So so many signs point to Kang, especially now with Qeng on the Avengers building and Aolith. But, since we know that Jonathan Majors is Kang and we don't see him until the MCU Antman 3 in 2023, I don't know we get to meet him on Loki.  Like many of you, I think it has to be another Loki, which may be a real letdown for folks.  The only Loki we haven't met from the sizzle reel trailers is the one regally standing in a throne room with their arms out in the classic King Loki pose.  So, I believe our baddie will be him, but the twist is that is connected to Kang somehow.  Additionally, fans have pointed out that there is shot of a piece of wall architecture that looks like the one next to the elevator Hulk is standing next to at Stark Tower in The Avengers.  Many wonder if that means, Loki goes back to his own timeline in 2012.  Some very reaching, but maybe clever fans, have pointed out a clip of Tom saying that he loves all of this and on his 40th bday was playing Loki and that brought him joy.  Tom's 40th bday was in Feb of this year, and Loki was believed to wrap principle filming in December.  So, the speculation is that Loki is in Dr Strange 2 which was the production filming at the times of his birthday  (which makes sense b/c it is about the Multiverse and Loki has opened that world up in this show).  Tom has been adamant that he isn't in Thor 4, but hasn't commented on anything else.  I also wonder if Kid Loki and Sylvie find their way to the MCU via other vehicles as Loki variants.  Certainly, there is room for Kid Loki in the Young Avengers and we've seen lots of those guys pop up. 

I'm hopeful that they don't flub the landing in this last episode.  Wandavision was SO GOOD, but that last episode left a lot to be desired, IMO.  TFATWS was similar in rushing to its conclusion without having a bigger MCU impact (being the only Avengers to be there against global terrorists against their UN in NYC just didn't work for me).  I hope Loki doesn't have the same fate, but it has certainly taken my expectations for a glorious ride so far. 

P.S. The Marvel ppl should have had a link at the ready b/c I would have bought 5 vote for Loki buttons and cute plush or Funko Alligator Lokis right the hell away.  I see in the episode merch drop such things are coming!!!

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Ailianna said:

Was it just me or were there two classic Lokis in the Loki fight? One sneaking our group out and I saw a gold cloak like his and horns still swirling in the battle.

One was real, the other a projection

4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The Time Keepers did say to Sylvie "you are a child of the Time Keepers too" or something like that.

They are fake, so they [programming] are likely lying... 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

I find it interesting that the TVA knows that pruning seems to send people to the end of time, but they don't really know what is there, and that a Tempad can't take you there but it can bring you back. I wonder if anyone has tried to prune themselves before Sylvie.

The one thing Ravonna is probably telling the truth about is that the end of time "is still being written." They don't know what's there because it's the end, and the end hasn't happened yet. Alioth is there to clean up the things that have been pruned, whether it's a ship or the people on the ship. Those poor bastards on that military boat were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time, couldn't jump into the water or whatever fast enough. The only thing beyond the Void is the Time Keepers themselves, and that isn't really where, it's a who. I guess. It might be a what instead.

10 minutes ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I agree with you guys that the killer team of Loki and Mobius (who I wish we had longer as a detective duo) undercuts Loki and Sylvie.  I was SO pleased to see Mobius back with Loki and their little hug, and such. 

I might be an outlier here, but I think Loki has needed Sylvie in a way he doesn't need Mobius, if this is going to make sense. His first taste of looking at himself from the perspective of an outsider was with her; how exhausting and obnoxious and needlessly aggressive he can be. She never had people around her with infinite patience and tolerance because it was taken away from her without her even knowing why, and it turned her more than a little feral. If she really is a psychopath, it's because Renslayer's a remorseless asshole who destroyed her life with no more thought than turning off a light, and she was right to zing Mobius with her comment about thinking the ends justify the means. I don't think it is romantic, at least not yet. Both she and Loki are still pretty unformed, for different reasons, and I would even posit that Mobius lacks much identity of his own, separate from that of a TVA agent. If he seems more together emotionally, that's probably due to the actor more than anything to do with the character. By all rights, he should have some jagged edges at this point, but he doesn't.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, paigow said:

One was real, the other a projection

They are fake, so they [programming] are likely lying... 

But they spoke to her directly when she was standing there, as if they saw her. I know they aren't real, but a prerecorded  message would not explain that.

I think this show might have a bit of Dr. Who Disease: confuse people, don't explain things, pretend it means you're clever and call the viewers stupid if they don't get it.

But, in for a penny.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:46 PM, Hook75 said:

Could Mobius be a Loki too?  

I’ve seen this speculation in a few places but what makes more sense to me is him being a Thor variant.  He’s invested in the rules and order of the TVA until he realizes that it’s hurting people, and he has that kind of brotherly concern about what all the Lokis are up to.

• Useful 8
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, DaWezl said:

I’ve seen this speculation in a few places but what makes more sense to me is him being a Thor variant.  He’s invested in the rules and order of the TVA until he realizes that it’s hurting people, and he has that kind of brotherly concern about what all the Lokis are up to.

I love this possibility!

• Love 3

I don't think Mobius needs to be a variant of anyone.

It takes away from the fact that he's a unique character in a unique universe that Loki has never encountered before.

Plus, since he has no memory of his life, he's a wonderful blank slate that can go anywhere.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, DaWezl said:

Great, now I want Luke Wilson to show up as a Loki.

I love Alligator Loki. I have so many questions. Is he from a universe where the Asgardians are animals? Was he magicked into being one? Was he always an alligator this whole time amongst humanoid Asgardians and they still never told him he was adopted?

Favorite little thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned - while the Lokis were drinking boxed wine, Kid Loki had a Hi-C. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed all the lokis and their interaction. Even when the wild bunch showed up. I think the key is that they kept it short. Just enough to make it crazy funny instead of dragging and annoying. Alligator Loki eating President Loki's hand? Loved it.

Richard E. Grant KILLED IT as classic Loki, which may not come as a surprise for those acquainted with his talent. But playing a character whose soul has been pretty much the craftmanship of another talented actor like T.H., I think Grant found the right note. I´d like to see them work together in other projects. 

Is it strange that I´m finding an alligator cute? Even when going after Boastful and President Loki´s hands, lol and straight after jumping into Kid Loki´s arms for safety, Alligator Loki was the cutest. Steve Irwin would be so happy (sob).

Wathever happens next episode, I want Mobius, C-15 and Alligator Loki to make it out alive.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, minamurray78 said:

Is it strange that I´m finding an alligator cute? Even when going after Boastful and President Loki´s hands, lol and straight after jumping into Kid Loki´s arms for safety, Alligator Loki was the cutest. Steve Irwin would be so happy (sob).

I used to do a bit of clay sculpture, haven't touched it in years. Since seeing Alligator Loki, I've had an all-encompassing NEED to try to fashion one from Sculpey. Picked some up and some paint yesterday. Just waiting for a minute to sit down.

I don't personally understand the urge. But dang yes, I found him too cute and funny.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, FierceCritter said:

I used to do a bit of clay sculpture, haven't touched it in years. Since seeing Alligator Loki, I've had an all-encompassing NEED to try to fashion one from Sculpey.

If you build it, he will come.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, paigow said:

If you build it, he will come.

LOL.

By the way, there is already a Funko Alligator Loki. I'm trying to not look at it because I don't want it to influence my clay version. But I'll certainly be adding it to my comparatively small Funko collection eventually.

I think it became glaringly obvious that Sylvie dies next week.  She has to. Loki can't have true happiness, even if they decide to treat him as a hero. 

8 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I don't think Mobius needs to be a variant of anyone.

It takes away from the fact that he's a unique character in a unique universe that Loki has never encountered before.

Plus, since he has no memory of his life, he's a wonderful blank slate that can go anywhere.

There is indeed no utility to shoehorning him into the role of squashed nose Loki or squashed nose Thor. Why?

On 7/7/2021 at 8:57 PM, Ailianna said:

I think Miss Minutes was working with Renslayer to stall Sylvie until the minutemen got there. Its the looks they exchange about the "prototype" and then when Renslayer asks how long, Miss Minutes says "Just a few more seconds" with another look. And then in comes the "rescue" party. I think she was pretending to look for files while actually signalling for help. So she's definitely shady I think. How shady and how connected are my only remaining questions about that part.

No thinking about that.  They made it clear that was what was happening. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bettername2come said:

Favorite little thing I noticed that I haven't seen mentioned - while the Lokis were drinking boxed wine, Kid Loki had a Hi-C. 

And not just any Hi-C, but green Ecto-Cooler Hi-C! I loved that little touch.

• Love 7