Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

The two cuts were TCCs. 

Gooodbye. 

Frankly, after last year and how boring this year is, I really don't care which TCC were cut as long as Ashlinn, Tori and Madeline S are still there.  I'm also hoping that Jalyn is still there and that, IF a vet is going to be cut, it will be from the among the girls (former rookies) going into their 2nd year.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 14
6 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I agree that there's definitely a large demographic of heterosexual men buying these calendars for the sex appeal.

Guilty. They're the only thing Cowboys-related that will ever enter my home LOL

Although I do think of the Cheerleaders as more than just sexy bots dancing for my entertainment.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, after last year and how boring this year is, I really don't care which TCC were cut as long as Ashlinn, Tori and Madeline S are still there.

I feel the same way, but add Kleine and Tyra to that list.

Honestly, I can't blame anyone who isn't invested in this year's or last year's rookie classes. I don't see how TPTB think it's a good idea to keep everyone in the dark. They probably think it'll make us more likely to tune in, but it's really just causing a lot of people, especially seasoned-watchers, to find something else to fill their interest.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

Honestly, I can't blame anyone who isn't invested in this year's or last year's rookie classes. I don't see how TPTB think it's a good idea to keep everyone in the dark. They probably think it'll make us more likely to tune in, but it's really just causing a lot of people, especially seasoned-watchers, to find something else to fill their interest.

Agreed!  This and other reasons that I’m not even exactly sure of have made me loose most all interest. I’ve only watched since season 6 and on but until last year always knew who every cheerleader was. Between last years rookies  and these tcc’s I can only name about two total! Even with all the drama with the TPTB obver the last several years I’ve still watched because at the end of the day I love dance but I just don’t feel any interest for the show at the moment and didn’t even finish watching last season. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

Not just thinking, but also a willingness to be innovative & embrace change. As for Kelli, I think she has brains, but lacks the willingness to use them to explore new ways of doing things. This could be for a variety of reasons such as maybe thinking there's no point in even proposing new ideas for fear they won't be supported in the organization. Or maybe she's just become complacent & thinks the time isn't right for new ideas. Whatever her reasoning, I think it's working for her less and less.

I could not agree more nobody knows whats better for this org than Kelli, or so she thinks. Does she realize we know pretty much every one of her stock lines and when she's going to say them? The org needs to have its windows thrown open to let some fresh air in. Dare I say young, fresh air & not with pink lipstick... any one of us could prob breathe the much needed life into the org hell I need a job, i'll do it... 

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

On Kitty's story, she's covered the rankings!

https://www.instagram.com/kcdfswag/?hl=en

I think it looks like Ashley at the bottom which would make me sad if so. Other than that Kitty didn't give us much. Wishing I could zoom in on the notes too but everything is blurry. 

On one of her ranking sheets I could read "good, okay and odd" LOL. Of course I can't see who is odd. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.08.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.09.19 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.15.27 AM.png

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Kitty's "Odd" ranking why do I feel like that could be geared toward Kristin? I just feel like they don't know what to make of her. She's always been one of my faves though she's losing me with her incessant sponsor posts... 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Ashley is one of the few I actually want to make it. I don't know a lot about any of the rookies but she has such a unique, fun look! 

I agree.  Here is a better screenshot.  Tyra, Presley and Amber  and Madeline S/I can see now are above the line (for now) and I like them too. Ava appears at #36

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 12.04.50 PM.png

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree.  Here is a better screenshot.  Tyra, Presley and Amber I can see now are above the line (for now) and I like them too.

The board that can be changed how ever they want to justify who to cut as long as it fits their story line 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
(edited)
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

The board that can be changed how ever they want to justify who to cut as long as it fits their story line 

I will become a lot more interested and invested in this year's squad if MTT gives us bios on the rookies (heck, I'd take bios on the returning 1st-year vets because I don't even really know any of them) and dancing. That's it. Bios and dancing. I'm down for the makeovers and GL/SG/Point announcements too.

But they can cut-out Melissa the Mentor, the build-up to Kitty Carter as a blunt speaker of truth, and the 847th sound byte from Kelli about tradition.

P.S. - I went off on my rant and forgot to mention why I was quoting Holly85's post! You totally nailed it. That board represents a storyline. They are writing a narrative. But I'd rather watch a documentary of the audition/training camp process.

Edited by SanDiegoGal
Added P.S.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Lol kitty knew what she was doing for sure 

such a tease! I do picture Kitty and Melissa coordinating these Instagram releases.  Melissa has snarked about the "fan pages" and said how she likes teasing secrets. Whatever floats I guess.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

such a tease! I do picture Kitty and Melissa coordinating these Instagram releases.  Melissa has snarked about the "fan pages" and said how she likes teasing secrets. Whatever floats I guess.

She can't handle what people say about her so she's playing a childish game... about what I'd expect 😂

• Love 11
1 hour ago, SanDiegoGal said:

(heck, I'd take bios on the returning 1st-year vets because I don't even really know any of them)

Especially since Gina and Lexie aren’t getting any younger and are probably on their last season, the 3rd-year vets can’t hang on forever and the 2nd-year vets only have HALF (half!!!) of their class left! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Lol kitty knew what she was doing for sure 

C5FD20A6-9E8D-4BB7-8DF7-C7AF487C2C59.jpeg

I think I counted 40 so just 4 more cuts? Still looks like a lot of blonde to me (I know the pic is blurry).

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think I counted 40 so just 4 more cuts? Still looks like a lot of blonde to me (I know the pic is blurry).

Well considering the fact that the are only 9 blondes on the vets side, it is safe to say that Kelli wants more blondes on the team. Personally I don't care as long as they are good dancers and are decent individuals. But from the picture it is safe to say that Ashley is still there and maybe Tyra as well

Now what I want to know is if we are getting any dramatic makeovers where a blonde goes brunette or red. I feel like the last time we had that was with Loren. 

Hopefully none of the girls listed below have been cut. This is my rookie class of 2021 based solely on looks alone. 

1. Ashley
2. Ashlinn
3. Christina
4. Jordan
6. Kaydianna
7. Madeline
8. Megan
9. Tori
10. Tyra
11. Klein or Jensen (still can't decide)

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Ashley is one of the few I actually want to make it. I don't know a lot about any of the rookies but she has such a unique, fun look! 

They did makeovers today....I hope they don't change Ashley's hair. 

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, mizzhyer said:

She can't handle what people say about her so she's playing a childish game... about what I'd expect 😂

Well, then MRS is not gonna wanna read that she needs to lay off the fillers and Botox. I didn’t even recognize her at first in Kittys picture. Her skin is stretched and shiny. She just looks unnatural. This is coming from someone who gets fillers and Botox and someone who doesn’t mind her in the “Mentor” capacity. I was actually more critical of her when she was on the team, she was such a goofball and never took anything seriously. I think I’m one of the few who likes her better now. 

Kitty looks exactly the same as she did 16 years ago. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
Edited to clear up ambiguity
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
On 7/18/2021 at 9:12 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I do wonder how many calendars get sold to family and friends. Also, I wonder how marketable the sideline calendar, as a more family friendly alternative to the swimsuit calendar, is to young dancers/cheerleaders. 

I hope this doesn't sound naive but just based on this forum (where it seems to me that most people are interested in the cheerleaders as dancers and as people) I think DCC would benefit by acknowledging that there are also a lot of fans interested in the cheerleaders for reasons besides sex appeal. 

That doesn't sound naive to me at all. I for one enjoy hearing about what the cheerleaders are doing in regards to their activities (school, charities, ect), dance background and their backstories. I can appreciate their beauty and do think it's fun to watch their makeovers or see their calendar shoots, but I don't think their physical beauty should be the only things that are worthy of people's attention. Focusing the calendar on their dance skills or even their interests would certainly be a family friendly alternative & inspiring to young dancers to let them know that they have more value then just how they look.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 13
45 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Well, then MRS is not gonna wanna read that she needs to lay off the fillers and Botox. I didn’t even recognize her at first in Kittys picture. Her skin is stretched and shiny. She just looks unnatural. This is coming from someone who gets fillers and Botox and someone who doesn’t mind her in the “Mentor” capacity. I was actually more critical of her when she was on the team, she was such a goofball and never took anything seriously. I think I’m one of the few who likes her better now. 

Kitty looks exactly the same as she did 16 years ago. 

Kitty needs a makeover desperately her hair has always been a sight but now it’s baaaaaaaaad…

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
14 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 11.15.27 AM.png

Row 1: Caroline, Claire, Elli, Gina, Rachel, Armani, Jalyn, Kelsey

Row 2: Erin, Tori, Jada, ___, McKenzie, Lexie, Ashlinn, Kat

Row 3: Tyra, Madeline S, Kylie, Amber L, Presley, Kleine, Rebecca, Ava

Row 4: Ashley W

Edited by Kitty Sharter
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6

1. Caroline

2. Claire

3. Name appears to be Elli

4. Name appears to be Gina

5. Rachel

6.  Armani

7. Jalyn

8. Kelcie

9. Erin 

10. Tori 

11. Jada 

(2 in the middle unable to guess) 

12. Lexie

13.  Ashlinn 

14. Alora Rose

15. Tyra

16.  Madeline S

17. Kylie

18. Amber

19. Presley 

20.  Name appears to be Kristin

21.  Rebecca 

22.  Name appears to be Ava

Below the top 36 🙁

23. Ashley (TCC) 

To figure this out I looked at the headshots of the DCC, the headshots and outfits of the TCC Kelli had in her IG which are a bit different than the ones members here posted.  

I may definitely be wrong about some (like Rachel could be Daphne) but I think I got a bunch of them. 😊

C3B8C2F7-6601-4CE3-9337-14A98B2EB9F5.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

1. Caroline

2. Claire

5. Rachel

6.  Armani

7. Jalyn

8. Kelcie

9. Erin 

10. Tori 

11. Jada 

12. Lexie

13.  Ashlinn 

14. Alora Rose

15. Tyra

16.  Madeline S

17. Kylie

18. Amber

19. Presley 

21.  Rebecca 

Below the top 36 🙁

23. Ashley (TCC) 

To figure this out I looked at the headshots of the DCC, the headshots and outfits of the TCC Kelli had in her IG which are a bit different than the ones members here posted.  

I may definitely be wrong about some (like Rachel could be Daphne) but I think I got a bunch of them. 😊

Daphne isn’t in tc 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
Just now, Holly85 said:

Daphne isn’t in tc 

Oh lord, I totally forgot. So busy comparing pictures I forgot she wasn’t going to be there.  (Did remember to not include Amanda when comparing.)

thanks 😊

• Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Oh lord, I totally forgot. So busy comparing pictures I forgot she wasn’t going to be there.  (Did remember to not include Amanda when comparing.)

thanks 😊

Your so welcome it’s so weird to see Lexie as a past season gl at that lower  spot I figured she would be farther up but we do know k and j and company liked to mess with the board to justify cuts 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

1. Caroline

2. Claire

5. Rachel

6.  Armani

7. Jalyn

8. Kelcie

9. Erin 

10. Tori 

11. Jada 

12. Lexie

13.  Ashlinn 

14. Alora Rose

15. Tyra

16.  Madeline S

17. Kylie

18. Amber

19. Presley 

21.  Rebecca 

Below the top 36 🙁

23. Ashley (TCC) 

Actually I think another poster has it right re 14 being Kat, not Alora Rose 

• Love 6

Just guessing here, but I think if they stick to a team of 36 they will cut Jensen, Christina, Megan, Kelee and Ava.  (I believe Jordann and Lea were cut before show group judging.) 
Although Ava appears to be in the top 36, my guess is they might do what they did to Tori and cut her because she’s yet another blonde.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I agree.  Here is a better screenshot.  Tyra, Presley and Amber  and Madeline S/I can see now are above the line (for now) and I like them too. Ava appears at #36

it’s a rookie candidate next to Jada but I can’t work out who yet

5 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

Row 1: Caroline, Claire, Elli, Gina, Rachel, Armani, Jalyn, Kelsey

Row 2: Erin, Tori, Jada, ___, McKenzie, Lexie, Ashlinn, Kat

Row 3: Tyra, Madeline S, Kylie, Amber L, Presley, Kleine, Rebecca, Ava

Row 4: Ashley W

Brill thank you! 

3 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

Just guessing here, but I think if they stick to a team of 36 they will cut Jensen, Christina, Megan, Kelee and Ava.  (I believe Jordann and Lea were cut before show group judging.) 
Although Ava appears to be in the top 36, my guess is they might do what they did to Tori and cut her because she’s yet another blonde.  

Noooooooo I really wanted Jordann to make it she’s stunning!

• Love 3

I know the rumor is that Jordan and Leah were cut - but I sort of feel like Leah may have been saved for a "makeover helped her" story.  Complete guess though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hmmm I'd be shocked if Marissa weren't top 36, she must be one of the ones who can't be discerned.

Yes!  Ashlee is not mentioned either. I am guessing this is their ranking after the finals audition and since they’ve been in training camp, so this doesn’t mean top 16 will make show group. 

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hmmm I'd be shocked if Marissa weren't top 36, she must be one of the ones who can't be discerned.

Even though it's not going to happen, I'd be ecstatic if Marissa was gone.

So far, with the clamp down this TC, I have little to no interest.   Pretty sad considering I've seen every season & have been a fan since the beginning.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

I know the rumor is that Jordan and Leah were cut - but I sort of feel like Leah may have been saved for a "makeover helped her" story.  Complete guess though.

Leah reminds me a bit of Jinelle whose makeover changed her look from so-so to awesome.  I also have been thinking she would be the “makeover” target.  I guess we will have to see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

So far, with the clamp down this TC, I have little to no interest.   Pretty sad considering I've seen every season & have been a fan since the beginning.

The clamp down seems especially silly since the show's premiere is after the start of football season. Anyone interested in spoilers will easily figure out the roster regardless of leaks.

The only reason I'm interested in certain reality shows is because of the spoilers. To go all marketing-speak, these other shows understand that part of their staying power is a multi-platform community. They officially condemn leaks but understand that the podcasts, vlogs, and fandoms that result from leaks and rumors are a main aspect of their popularity and they adjust the show editing accordingly. It's not just about the show, it's about building and encouraging a community centered around the show.

Season 14 was a ratings success for DCC and CMT. I'm curious what the ratings were like for season 15 when the online community was so unhappy. 

Edited by Dr. Donna
  • Love 24
12 minutes ago, Dr. Donna said:

The clamp down seems especially silly since the show's premiere is after the start of football season. Anyone interested in spoilers will easily figure out the roster regardless of leaks.

Even sillier, there are ALWAYS complaints on DCC social media that they spoiled the season if there are any pictures from games.

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Even sillier, there are ALWAYS complaints on DCC social media that they spoiled the season if there are any pictures from games.

Yup or the girls themselves will post on their personal page that they made group leaders and people get on there and yell at them for pushing a spoiler 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Does anyone know if group leaders first and seconds have been chosen ? 

Yeah, could we at least get that??? If I had to guess I'd think they were.

• Love 7