Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, lemonbus230 said:

This is not rocket science. All of the following can be true-Gina was voted VOTY by her teammates, Gina is well liked by her teammates, several of those teammates care about her enough to be concerned about her weight and bring to leadership attention, and Gina’s in person weight and use of filters is not always a realistic/positive image for those who may look up to her. Not hard.

You are doing the Lord's work LB

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

This is not rocket science. All of the following can be true-Gina was voted VOTY by her teammates, Gina is well liked by her teammates, several of those teammates care about her enough to be concerned about her weight and bring to leadership attention, and Gina’s in person weight and use of filters is not always a realistic/positive image for those who may look up to her. Not hard.

Agreed, if there is concern about her weight her friends owe it to her to bring it to her attention. I'm always honest with my friends and expect the same of them. Sadly, most people would rather talk behind your back than to your face. It doesn't mean they don't like Gina quite the opposite they love/care for her...

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

well said!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If she's so tiny that her in-person weight is generating THAT much worry and concern, there's a good possibility that she's not a good role model for a group that's already targeted for body shaming, eating disorders, and other health issues. 

This is what I thought after reading "not a good role model". I don't think it is personal or related to character.  I agree there must be a general concern about her weight and an awareness that they cannot use her as a role-model because of that unhealthy skin and bones body type that will unintentionally convey the wrong message to young girls.

Fortunately, the world is slowly moving away from the idea that women have to be almost skeletal to be beautiful. More and more model agencies and companies use fuller models for that reason. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Haven't posted in month bc well life and this past year has made me realize i'm too old for petty drama especially with girls I don't really even know anymore.

But have to say that 1) Rachel W is point bc of looks. Her dancing is adequate and them short drumstick legs SMH, but she is a stunner. Watch that last video on the stage - don't ask me to post it bc it's a few up - she comes out of the gate with the WOW factor they want. She is prob the most photogenic DCC theyve ever had and yes, she is no Ashlee powerhouse, Gina technical, or Amanda fun to watch, but she's STILL better performer than Maddie, Amy, or Lexie. 

2) Tess that bitch is au naturale. No implants. Just straight homegrown Louisiana.

3) Gina. Oh, Gina. So that video I mentioned above. Rachel had the wow factor, but as soon as Gina and Rachel were side by side I was drawn to Gina. She outdanced her. Duh. Split the two with point, get your pictures and then your entertainment. I love split point.

4) Gina part 2. Her body and if she's a good or bad role model. Her body is naturally tiny, muscular and thin, but yes she has gone overboard with the photoshopping and it is not a good look. I think too that she is OCD and has to go to the extreme, competitive with herself more than otehrs, but she has gone too far and it is not a good look. It's just too harsh. I doubt she is unhealthy just looks that way. As for her being a role model, I don't for one minute think she is a bad moral role model or has bad personality traits. I do think her current stringy almost anorexic look is not ideal and it does set her back as an ambassador. 

5) I agree, Daphne has always from day 1 looked sickly and worse than Gina. She just has never looked healthy. I think she is a waist weight gainer and has to look anorexic to keep from looking like she carries a little less than DCC perfect there. Her face always looks tired, drawn, just not good. I do not know anything about her as a person except UCLA UCLA UCLA, but sort of glad she is stepping down for injury bc she always looks sick and miserable. 

6) Caroline. This one is the mystery to me. She looked like perfect cookie cutter point material. Fabulous technical dancer, as good as Gina, maybe better musicality. Perfect body. No weird personality issues. Basic as hell with her look but they seem to like that for point. Not ugly, just not a stunner, but approachable. Now is she even anywhere near the triangle? I know they have a lot of talent but dang. Was the lake incident that bad?

7) Would be shocked if Kat does not make show group just bc she's gorgeous and she can talk to a tree stump. We've seen worse on show group. 

8) Sad Amanda left, but not suprised at all. 

9) Don't get the Alora Rose hate with her looks, personality or dance ability. She's worked on a higher pro level than basically all these girls, looks are fine, and yeah comes off as a little fake, but like a working actress in antoher acting job, so doesn't bother me.

10) Not getting the Marissa hate. She's like an overactive puppy, kind of annoying but you still want play fetch and pat her on the head. Yeah I compared her to a Golden retriever. 

Agree with all of what you said. 

• Love 2
Just now, Holly85 said:

Dcc Armani 

I totally did not recognize her, but I feel like I could not pick out a single Rookie from last year if they all knocked on my front door. She is GOOD. Reminds me a little of Robin but better and that says a lot.

• Love 15
(edited)

I believe Gina’s filters and her increasing weight loss is scary.   She seems to be a great DCC abd great role model except for the weight.  Sadly most women who develop an ED are in denial and good friends speaking to her may go in one ear and out the other.  My MIL is anorexic at 75 and if you say anything, she gets very defensive that she is the exact weight she is supposed to be and then gets louder to say no doctor has ever said anything.  As her son tried to tell her, her reaction told him all he needed to know.  .  If we catch her trying to sneak food, we have learned not to say anything

teammates telling Gina she’s too thin are not going to help the situation 

Edited by Lexusprincess
  • Love 3

If one has a personal issue with Gina’s weight, so be it. 

Bringing in other people’s confidential concerns to make a point is unwise and unkind. 

It can be masked as a show of concern. 

But it just creates hurt feelings. 

And drama. 

But then again maybe that was the purpose. 

Gooodbye. 

• Useful 9
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
15 minutes ago, Lona said:

Ahhhhhh so there ARE concerns???? 

I don’t think Dr. M was ever mad that there were “concerns” or that Gina is being discussed, he/she/they (??????) seem upset that other’s trust has been betrayed in order to get a “scoop.” 

I appreciate the info but I do feel LemonBus overstepped by bringing in Gina’s teammates. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

DCC Armani, and I was surprised that she did not make show group last year.  I think this is her year.

I thought she was one of the better rookies last year, I'm shocked she didn't make SG then.

• Love 16
(edited)

Just keep in mind that DCC/TCC are weighed weekly (I think, correct me if I'm wrong). So if Gina has dipped below a normal-for-DCC of her height, THEY KNOW. And I'm thinking it will be addressed, or has already been.

Edited by CrazyMoon
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Haven't posted in month bc well life and this past year has made me realize i'm too old for petty drama especially with girls I don't really even know anymore.

3) Gina. Oh, Gina. So that video I mentioned above. Rachel had the wow factor, but as soon as Gina and Rachel were side by side I was drawn to Gina. She outdanced her. Duh. Split the two with point, get your pictures and then your entertainment. I love split point.

I watched the video and was focusing on Gina. She had energy, was a natural with the dance steps and seemed to truly enjoy being there. Plus, as someone else noted, she had that extra sparkle (ala Kashara) that should be part of the point. 

Rachel looked like she was counting the steps in her head. “1,2,3,4, spin, spin, hip thrust, hip thrust, tilt the head, flip the hair, pageant smile, pageant smile”.  She had the steps but seemed to lack the flow between steps and continuity across the dance. In a circle with the whole team, or even aground level shot with the girls in this video, they’d be dancing circles around her (and not just because they’d be in a circle). The girls may like her, doesn’t justify her election as point.  Give that the Gina and any number of the equally qualified ladies. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, RayOnThree said:

I don’t think Dr. M was ever mad that there were “concerns” or that Gina is being discussed, he/she/they (??????) seem upset that other’s trust has been betrayed in order to get a “scoop.” 

I appreciate the info but I do feel LemonBus overstepped by bringing in Gina’s teammates. 

I don't have the energy to look up a fight. Were actual names named? bc unless they were not sure how that is overstepping.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Absolutely. I think the wording might be the issue here. It's admirable to express concern for someone's health. It's just as important to understand the incredible power of social media and DCC as they influence entire generations of girls. I think the discussion is vital. It's also so important to erase any type of stigma. There should be ZERO shame in talking about body image issues. 

That being said, yes - it shouldn't be a gotcha moment which is what Dr. M is likely reacting to. But I don't think lemonbus is really revealing it for that reason.

I totally agree! If someone is legit struggling with something, that struggle shouldn't negate any role model status they have achieved, particularly if that struggle is the result of extenuating circumstances or being in a certain environment. I mean, we see it happen all the time in the entertainment industry where young women, who often look like they have it all together, later reveal that they were going through or are still struggling with something, but are pressured to keep smiling, performing and acting like everything is all good.

A current example is that tennis player Naomi Osaka, who recently revealed that she gets very bad anxiety from having to do mass interviews and that impacts her ability to focus, but some competitions still make her do them & trot her out like a show pony to answer a barrage of questions (some of which are not even related to the game or are bungled by reporters that might not know a lot about the game). If Gina is in fact having unhealthy issues with her weight, that doesn't mean we should now question her status as a role model. Perhaps instead we should question what environment she's in or pressures she's being put under that helped those issues to fester.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, RayOnThree said:

When Kelsey Bond was a TCC, Kelly said during her cameo shoot that some of the girls had asked her if Kelsey was anorexic.  Concerns by teammates have been brought out before. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

I totally did not recognize her, but I feel like I could not pick out a single Rookie from last year if they all knocked on my front door. She is GOOD. Reminds me a little of Robin but better and that says a lot.

Same. Maybe I actually like someone from this class now.

• Love 4

Who's talking mad s**t about Gina?? Someone's gonna get these hands. 

Beast Mode Fighting GIF by Holly Logan

Naaaaaahhhh I am just kidding. But I will say this, is Gina a little too skinny for my liking? Yes. Does this mean that she has an eating disorder? No. Do we still want her as point? HECK YES!!!! #Ginaforpoint2021

You guys almost scared me to death though. I come back to the forum and see that it went from 24 to 27, saw the name Gina and automatically thought "OMG DID KELLI HAVE THE SHEER AUDACITY TO CUT HER??!!!!" Thank god that's not the case lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, SnowHamster1313 said:

What is your theory? I'm very fascinated!

I’m thinking fellow DCCs feel threatened by Ginas skills and pizazz, and want to knock her down a few pegs!  I’m beginning to like Gina even more if this BS is something she has to put up from her DCC sisters!  Who are her TRUE friends?? Hope they comfort those who are trying to throw Gina under the bus to eliminate nte competition!  I could see lexie being worried about being knocked down a peg?  Any others with a jealousy or vindictive streak?  Lisa maybe?  Did she pull that stunt with the Mavs dancers?

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

If one has a personal issue with Gina’s weight, so be it. 

Bringing in other people’s confidential concerns to make a point is unwise and unkind. 

It can be masked as a show of concern. 

But it just creates hurt feelings. 

And drama. 

But then again maybe that was the purpose. 

Gooodbye. 

I completely understand why you disagree with the original post but this feels a little personal. I don’t want any much appreciated insiders including yourself to be deterred from posting! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

9) Don't get the Alora Rose hate with her looks, personality or dance ability. She's worked on a higher pro level than basically all these girls, looks are fine, and yeah comes off as a little fake, but like a working actress in antoher acting job, so doesn't bother me.

I think Alora Rose has one of the best looks and dance ability in her Rookie year and from social media it seems like she is a great person as well. But I don't know, she just seems unrelatable to me.

• Love 4

I’m curious why Ginas cameo picture wasn’t used last year, and they reused an old one. Any chance this is related to all of the scoops above?  Or possibly a reason why she is extra self conscious?!

• Useful 11
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

I’m thinking fellow DCCs feel threatened by Ginas skills and pizazz, and want to knock her down a few pegs!  I’m beginning to like Gina even more if this BS is something she has to put up from her DCC sisters!  Who are her TRUE friends?? Hope they comfort those who are trying to throw Gina under the bus to eliminate nte competition!  I could see lexie being worried about being knocked down a peg?  Any others with a jealousy or vindictive streak?  Lisa maybe?  Did she pull that stunt with the Mavs dancers?

But, K & J like them skinny. The only way Gina is being demoted/kept off the field for being too skinny is if she is so thin that it is making her unable to perform (no evidence of that yet). 

If it is true, true friends should be concerned about her & be getting her help -- not out of jealousy, but because you care about your friend.

On the other hand, if it is true & you are jealous & want her to be demoted/gone, you don't report it to K & J, but encourage her on that path in the hopes it will hurt her performance.

And if it isn't true, telling K & J that you think Gina is too skinny (and thus not a good role model for young girls) isn't going to win you any brownie points with K & J or get Gina demoted. That is just a stupid move that is going to backfire on you. As I said above, there are much better rumours (harder to prove false) to spread if you're really trying to take her down/get rid of her.

• Love 6
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Stee said:

I’m curious why Ginas cameo picture wasn’t used last year, and they reused an old one. Any chance this is related to all of the scoops above?  Or possibly a reason why she is extra self conscious?!

35 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Madeline M's. photo was also not switched to her 2020 shot - and still hasn't been fixed - might be a simple oversight, but who really knows...

Might be my faulty memory, but I think @ShellyB said they got to choose which one to use because of the COVID mess not allowing them to have their makeup & hair done by professionals, but had to do it themselves, etc?

ETA: found @ShellyB's answer I was referrung to:

Screenshot_20210721-205030_Chrome.jpg

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, TorProc said:

I’m now very curious if Dr M and Lemon know each other. There seems to be some saltiness. 🧂🧂🧂

1 hour ago, Agent Gully said:

I appreciate the info that both of our insiders have shared. We are obviously going to interpret what we read according to our own personal mindset.  I don't want to make either one feel bad and no longer wish to post.

IMO, nothing that Lemonbus shared suggests anything but concern from Gina's peers, and certainly nothing was given away about who those peers were, so again IMO no harm, no foul. Perhaps Dr. Manhattan being closer to the situation than we are read something into that, that we "outsiders" wouldn't understand. I think both have always meant well and kept us interested when nothing is being shared (at least that we know of, lol) by TPTB.

Hugs and thanks to both of you!

I’m just hoping that these two can learn to get along. And do so quickly. I’m MUCH more interested in DCC drama than insider drama. Maybe they can agree to just disagree and be mature adults about it. 

Edited by Lona
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Just a theory…Gina must’ve been given point if they announce it at practice last night and “LB” is a 4 yr vet who… #1 doesn’t like their position in the triangle… #2 trying to cause waves of negative discussion about Gina so people aren’t happy about it when it airs.  I think I know who LB is by looking back at all comments starting with the night the vets were cut in the bubble.  Just a theory.  

I read all the comments as well which started exactly when the last 3 vets were cut last season in August. Whoever our mystery poster is, they are in Brennan's and Hannah's corner for sure. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Ohhhhh I hadn't even thought of that! If you recall the first time Gina was called in as a rookie she said she did have girls talk about her bc they were jealous of her dancing. Then the next meeting she was going to the zoo with Tara and Savannah, haha! But you may be on to something. I will always assume there are mean girls on the team. You can't have 36 top dogs not trying to outdo each other. 

Unpopular opinion but Lexi has never been a fave of mine. And she prob assumes she should be point as well bc of her seniority... 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Same.

Not to be a jerk, but when y’all referred to a certain someone having an “ED”, well…I’m a 54 y.o. guy & that has a completely different meaning to us (NOT to ME, of course!)

I just want to know who’s been cut & if one of my favorites is still in TC.

Carry on…

I love that a 54 y.o. guy enjoys this show enough to be on the forums! I watch with my dad on occasion who is a few years older than you and we’ve had a lot of fun with it. He knows zero about dance but Maddie was his favorite. I even bought him a sideline calendar as a funny Christmas gift this year. Thanks for sharing :)

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, evasworld123 said:

I love that a 54 y.o. guy enjoys this show enough to be on the forums! I watch with my dad on occasion who is a few years older than you and we’ve had a lot of fun with it. He knows zero about dance but Maddie was his favorite. I even bought him a sideline calendar as a funny Christmas gift this year. Thanks for sharing :)

I am dying. 

These boards bring the funny and the drama. I appreciate both. 

• Love 9

In looking at Gina’s photos, we need to look at her entire body, not the torso only. Photoshopping her photo will change her torso & her face but look at her arms. Are they skeletal? Same with her legs. It seems a case of photoshop gone overboard. She does not look like those Daphne as it is hard to photoshop your ribs etc.  Let’s see how this plays out in real like.  I am a plus size lady so perhaps I should get my photo DCC ready!

• LOL 1
21 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

I'm thinking they called the team yesterday based on what Kat said.  In hashtags:

SideNoteVeryExcitedAboutThisSeason#LetsJustSay#GreatgroupOfFriends

As much as I want to hope that this is true, I have feeling that at least 1-2 more vets will be cut before they announce the final squad :(

I know SG auditions were the other day though, so maybe this is Kat’s cryptic way of announcing that she made it????? Who knows man

• Useful 3
13 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I have a theory that LB is Kitty Carter and DM is Melissa Rycroft 👀 

I would say a definite no on LB being KC.  LB's opinion of Victoria differs from KCs opinion - remember the LB story about the stolen phone case vs the KC opinion of giving Victoria the respect and time to lose weight.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, lexie3248 said:

I just looked through the comments of the first photo link. 

14CD3860-97A1-4142-AD64-425BA3D69042.jpeg

I find her answer a little concerning. I could be reading too much into it or the wording could be red flags. I would feel better if she had said something along the lines of, "nothing to worry about -- my weight is in the healthy range" or "I haven't lost weight."

The vague "I'm always trying to be my physical best" worries me a little because, given her driven personality, it makes me wonder what she considers "physical best." Something doctors consider healthy or something she has come up with on her own? 

I'm not convinced there is anything wrong. She's tiny to begin with & it's too hard to tell what is real vs. filters in pictures. Her face doesn't look overly thin, so I'm leaning more toward the naturally tiny camp, but her personality & the reported concerns (and the fact the camera is supposed to add ten pounds!) has me on the fence.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, TB12 said:

Ohhhhh I hadn't even thought of that! If you recall the first time Gina was called in as a rookie she said she did have girls talk about her bc they were jealous of her dancing. Then the next meeting she was going to the zoo with Tara and Savannah, haha! But you may be on to something. I will always assume there are mean girls on the team. You can't have 36 top dogs not trying to outdo each other. 

Unpopular opinion but Lexi has never been a fave of mine. And she prob assumes she should be point as well bc of her seniority... 

I always interpreted her “girls are jealous of me” as something that happened to her historically. Either back in San Diego or in college at Cal Poly. And so when KelFine was questioning Gina’s attitude and relationship with the other TCCs, she immediately thought “well if they are talking shit, it’s cause they are jealous,” because that was her previous experience. (Maybe you are saying that too, but I’m interpreting it incorrectly). 

I think KelFine did a good job of explaining that, yes this is an audition - a competition - but not at the expense of your reputation and your relationship with the other TCCs. So many who don’t make onto the squad still remain such close friends with those that do become DCC, that the competition aspect shouldn’t get in the way of the friendship. I think that once Gina realized that and was able to relax, she opened herself up to forming close bonds with the other girls. It much have been refreshing to realize those girls werent her enemies (for lack of better term).

I don’t know Gina’s situation. For me, looking at her pictures and videos, Gina seems unnaturally skinny. Whether it’s natural or not, it starting to not look attractive. I still love her as a performer, and by all accounts she’s a lovely girl.

Edit: Totally forgot to add that I 💯 agree with the bolded part of your post.   

For me, Lexi is difficult to figure out. She seems to have Resting Bitch Face, just unapproachable. Even when she smiles, she has one of those “I’m Better Than You” smirks.

But then when I really looked at her, it actually seems like the right side of her mouth droops down, giving her that smirky appearance. And she seems so sweet when she’s interviewed. But it could just be for the cameras. Or she could be super sweet to some people, and a nightmare to others. I don’t know how to feel about her. I do wish they give her hair some style though. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 11
41 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

I always interpreted her “girls are jealous of me” as something that happened to her historically. Either back in San Diego or in college at Cal Poly. And so when KelFine was questioning Gina’s attitude and relationship with the other TCCs, she immediately thought “well if they are talking shit, it’s cause they are jealous,” because that was her previous experience. (Maybe you are saying that too, but I’m interpreting it incorrectly). 

I think KelFine did a good job of explaining that, yes this is an audition - a competition - but not at the expense of your reputation and your relationship with the other TCCs. So many who don’t make onto the squad still remain such close friends with those that do become DCC, that the competition aspect shouldn’t get in the way of the friendship. I think that once Gina realized that and was able to relax, she opened herself up to forming close bonds with the other girls. It much have been refreshing to realize those girls werent her enemies (for lack of better term).

I don’t know Gina’s situation. For me, looking at her pictures and videos, Gina seems unnaturally skinny. Whether it’s natural or not, it starting to not look attractive. I still love her as a performer, and by all accounts she’s a lovely girl.

Edit: Totally forgot to add that I 💯 agree with the bolded part of your post.   

For me, Lexi is difficult to figure out. She seems to have Resting Bitch Face, just unapproachable. Even when she smiles, she has one of those “I’m Better Than You” smirks.

But then when I really looked at her, it actually seems like the right side of her mouth droops down, giving her that smirky appearance. And she seems so sweet when she’s interviewed. But it could just be for the cameras. Or she could be super sweet to some people, and a nightmare to others. I don’t know how to feel about her. I do wish they give her hair some style though

The juxtaposition of small town overprocessed blond vs Dallas blond expressed by Kelli, doesn’t give me much hope for a better style for Lexi!

Great insight though, your analysis on Lexi. We all are different persons to others, who all push our buttons and look at us so very differently.

I think that it takes a couple of seasons for new girls to get to know Lexi, being one of the leading vets. The older Lexi gets, the longer it takes to know her, so for girls like Elli, Dani or Alora-Rose, interaction must end at shallow friendliness, which is no one’s fault ofcourse.

• Love 3