Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

On 7/12/2021 at 4:01 AM, RedDelicious said:

With all due respect, Dayton was not prepared (both times she auditioned), she was late and she had memory issues. Kelli expected her to be better prepared and she wasn’t and that is why she was so hard on her. VK’s passes for her behavior and weight gain were another issue. Still neither made the team that year. VK just made it further than she should have.

I know I know lol. I just wish she would try out again, but I understand the reason why she won't and honestly kudos for her. If I was in that same position I wouldn't try out either. 

• Love 11
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Social Media round up:

• everyone loves everyone with their whole heart

TCC: over the weekend

• Ashley, Presley,  Lea, Megan, Kylie, Kaydianna, Lea, Kelee, Kleine, Amber all ate together a few days ago
  • Ashley, Lea, Amber, Kylie and Megan went to the movies
  • Claire (DCC) and Tyra went out to dinner (Claire looks skinnier)(Claire, Tyra and Jensen live together)
  • Ava went home "on a break" and she is back to posting mirror selfies
  • I don't know where Ashlinn, Tory and Madeline S. are but they were part of the July 4th festivities as was Christina and Melanie
  • Has anyone seen Rebecca anywhere?

DCC: 

• if they are traveling and celebrating birthdays, they are busily "recovering" either dancer bods.
  • Actually there has also been DCC summer camp for the littles and so I think a lot of them are there. Maybe that's another reason training camp got a another break.

And the BEST NEWS /s(?) Marissa is back on youtube

Haven’t seen Rebecca or Jordann 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Social Media round up:

• Ashley, Presley,  Lea, Megan, Kylie, Kaydianna, Lea, Kelee, Kleine, Amber all ate together a few days ago
  • Claire (DCC) and Tyra went out to dinner (Claire looks skinnier)(Claire, Tyra and Jensen live together)
  • I don't know where Ashlinn, Tory and Madeline S. are but they were part of the July 4th festivities as was Christina and Melanie

DCC: 

• if they are traveling and celebrating birthdays, they are busily "recovering" either dancer bods.
  • Actually there has also been DCC summer camp for the littles and so I think a lot of them are there. Maybe that's another reason training camp got a another break.

WTF did I just watch? Do people…like…subscribe to get daily life updates from strangers? From non-famous people doing the most mundane shit? Can I film myself going to McDonald’s A Vegan Health Food Place? And post it online for people to subscribe and watch routinely? What a world, man. 

Also @Tuxcat you are awesome for putting this together. I don’t know any of those names other than Jensen due to its uniqueness. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • LOL 10
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

WTF did I just watch? Do people…like…subscribe to get daily life updates from strangers? From non-famous people doing the most mundane shit? Can I film myself going to McDonald’s A Vegan Health Food Place? And post it online for people to subscribe and watch routinely? What a world, man. 

Also @Tuxcat you are awesome for putting this together. I don’t know any of those names other than Jensen due to its uniqueness. 

Here are few pics to help:

Pic #1 Ashley, Lea, Kylie, Megan, Amber

Pic #2 Claire and Tyra

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.53.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.54.23 PM.png

Ava:

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.58.50 PM.png

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Social Media round up:

DCC: 

• if they aren't traveling and celebrating birthdays, they are busily "recovering" their dancer bods.

I am not impressed. I could have easily dropped 2 grand in 10 minutes

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Social Media round up:

DCC: 

• if they aren't traveling and celebrating birthdays, they are busily "recovering" their dancer bods.

@Tuxcat this post is everything I’m laughing so hard over here everyone loves everyone with their whole heart!!!!!!it’s true the ILYSM on every single post & the recovery posts from dancing I’m literally laughing out loud on my couch, thank you! And the best news I’ll sleep better tonight knowing Marissa is back on YouTube…

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Here are few pics to help:

Pic #1 Ashley, Lea, Kylie, Megan, Amber

Pic #2 Claire and Tyra

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.53.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.54.23 PM.png

Ava:

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.58.50 PM.png

Thank you!!!! Not sure about Ava’s photo but the rest of the girls are adorable. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Thank you!!!! Not sure about Ava’s photo but the rest of the girls are adorable. 

I think Ava will be cut she is fresh out of high school I feel like she is trying to act way to grown up 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Holy freaking Oompa Loompa Batman!

sorry I can’t unsee it

I actually think that pic is somewhat decieving and the pose she's going for is deliberately  Kim Kardashianesque. That being said, I bet she looks amazing in the uniform TBH.

28 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think Ava will be cut she is fresh out of high school I feel like she is trying to act way to grown up 

agree (and maybe she's already been cut?)

8 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

The question about Ava being cut with her answering "home on a break" on her latest instagram photo is no longer there..... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRM7zPolcgy/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

hmmm the plot thickens

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I actually think that pic is somewhat decieving and the pose she's going for is deliberately  Kim Kardashianesque. That being said, I bet she looks amazing in the uniform TBH.

agree (and maybe she's already been cut?)

hmmm the plot thickens

She might have been cut and just not allowed to say anything 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/12/2021 at 7:53 PM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

What are some of the signs that she's editing her pics? Besides the swimsuit calendar pics (which obvi DCC is editing)

First example: https://www.instagram.com/p/B5tOBj5FpQO/ 

You can see in the original photo (with the Getty Images logo) vs the one she posted.

Side note: I'm not hating at all, just making y'all aware that all these girls heavily edit their photos. The Facetune app lets them cinch their waist, detail their abs, whiten their teeth and smooth down anything they want.  I'm not going to pinpoint the differences one by one when it comes to these photos, but it's noticeable.

There's other examples but for some reason this website keeps saying they're too large.

Screen Shot 2021-07-13 at 8.57.18 PM.png

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

Side note: I'm not hating at all, just making y'all aware that all these girls heavily edit their photos. The Facetune app lets them cinch their waist, detail their abs, whiten their teeth and smooth down anything they want.  I'm not going to pinpoint the differences one by one when it comes to these photos, but it's noticeable.

I'd say the majority do it for sure. Some edit much more heavily than others. We've seen Gina take hers way too far just in terms -"does she think that looks good?"  

As a generation I really do wonder what these kinds of things do to our minds. Scrolling on social media all day looking at edited images of happiness and FUN!!!! It helps to know it's not real.  But it's still gotta mess with the mind some.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Branmuffin said:

Couldn’t find what page the last rookie chart was on so I am posting this one from Reddit, which I think shows the most recent cuts. Unless anyone here knows of more cuts please do tell!

F7168FBA-671E-406C-B668-3926E9C29864.jpeg

Is anyone else surprised by Kya? Going just of looks she's a stunner and def seems dcc

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She might have been cut and just not allowed to say anything 

She's been accepted to transfer to the university of Minnesota after having done a year at Arizona State so if she has been cut she's got other things going for her.

• Useful 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Houston have announced their finalists and there are some familiar faces, I think. Very diverse group. And interesting to compare to DCC and their candidates 

https://www.houstontexans.com/cheerleaders/voting?elq=79aaa79cff744f458403ed44c90f5962&elqCampaignId=969&elqTrackId=749D6C58F78C80E4916FECD623AF9CF2&elqaid=1471&elqat=1

I hate how all the girls smile with their teeth showing. They are all very beautiful but thier smiles looks awkward.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Houston have announced their finalists and there are some familiar faces, I think. Very diverse group. And interesting to compare to DCC and their candidates 

https://www.houstontexans.com/cheerleaders/voting?elq=79aaa79cff744f458403ed44c90f5962&elqCampaignId=969&elqTrackId=749D6C58F78C80E4916FECD623AF9CF2&elqaid=1471&elqat=1

The makeup and especially the ruby red lipstick on everyone is terrible.  Whose aesthetic could that be? It’s garish. 
 The eyelashes on some of the women are so awful. It’s not flattering to have obviously synergetic eyelashes brushing your eyebrows and cheeks. 
A lot of them look like their makeup was done by someone with a performing arts background. Makeup to be seen rather than makeup to enhance.

fail. Blech. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

She's been accepted to transfer to the university of Minnesota after having done a year at Arizona State so if she has been cut she's got other things going for her.

Ok 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Duffer said:

The makeup and especially the ruby red lipstick on everyone is terrible.  Whose aesthetic could that be? It’s garish. 
 The eyelashes on some of the women are so awful. It’s not flattering to have obviously synergetic eyelashes brushing your eyebrows and cheeks. 
A lot of them look like their makeup was done by someone with a performing arts background. Makeup to be seen rather than makeup to enhance.

fail. Blech. 

I'm only barely impressed with about 6 of them🤓

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 4

If Ashley doesn’t make DCC I will seriously be sad. And they better keep her gorgeous hair. 

also, just looked at the Houston finalist and how diverse and gorgeous is that group. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

RE: Ava, ummmm forget it, my momma always said if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all... 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Do these photos look odd to anyone else? The proportions are freakishly off when on mobile, like they are being stretched to fill the screen. I’m guessing no one cross checked the coding from other devices. That or there was some very bad Photoshopping.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, Dr. Donna said:

Do these photos look odd to anyone else? The proportions are freakishly off when on mobile, like they are being stretched to fill the screen. I’m guessing no one cross checked the coding from other devices. That or there was some very bad Photoshopping.

sadly, there are a few girls listed that are (hopefully) just very unphotogenic

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

There’s some genuinely stunning ladies in there. 

Also, one of the finalists was a TCU Showgirl who just graduated so would’ve danced with the DCC TCC’s, I tried to find it from their story but it’s gone

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

I hate how all the girls smile with their teeth showing. They are all very beautiful but thier smiles looks awkward.

Like this poor girl? I'm sure she's very pretty but you're right, awkward smile:

image.png.e724de893659d65e1fc4fd7b1b45eae6.png

Another social media update it was Erin's bday yesterday celebrations and love abound! Apparently she's everybody's best friend. No disrespect to her but am I the only one who wonders if they really do like each other? I know the Alanna, Bri, Lily, Chandi and Brennan squad is genuine and tight, but do these ladies all just adore each other the way they profess over social media? If they do that's really nice I just find it hard to believe...

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, itsweird said:

sadly, there are a few girls listed that are (hopefully) just very unphotogenic

Figured it out. They didn't take height into account when cropping the photos, meaning some girls are more zoomed in than others. It's making some look bigger than they really are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

I am REAL READY for this current eyelash trend to die out. Good grief. I’m all in for a nice set of falsies with stage makeup, but 80% of these gals got done dirty.  A variety of closed mouth smiles or even smirks like Gina’s would work better with the bold lip too. Not everyone is born a beauty queen but I genuinely think many of these women are more attractive than their makeup or pose would indicate.  

Do better, Texans. Sheesh. 

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Another social media update it was Erin's bday yesterday celebrations and love abound! Apparently she's everybody's best friend. No disrespect to her but am I the only one who wonders if they really do like each other? I know the Alanna, Bri, Lily, Chandi and Brennan squad is genuine and tight, but do these ladies all just adore each other the way they profess over social media? If they do that's really nice I just find it hard to believe...

I think that rookie class is one of the tightest they've ever had, considering there were 16 of them. Plus that was the year of the comeback girl: Erin, Madeline and Brennan had all made TC before. Plus Briana, Amber and Hannah had all auditioned before. That's one of the few rookie classes I've ever fully agreed with. They didn't take any fillers that year! (Taylor J is the weakest dancer but seems like a great ambassador and is good at DCC style)

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Like this poor girl? I'm sure she's very pretty but you're right, awkward smile:

image.png.e724de893659d65e1fc4fd7b1b45eae6.png

Rachel is the TCU girl, and had a very DCC look.

Screenshot_20210715-064454_Instagram.jpg

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I think that rookie class is one of the tightest they've ever had, considering there were 16 of them. Plus that was the year of the comeback girl: Erin, Madeline and Brennan had all made TC before. Plus Briana, Amber and Hannah had all auditioned before. That's one of the few rookie classes I've ever fully agreed with. They didn't take any fillers that year! (Taylor J is the weakest dancer but seems like a great ambassador and is good at DCC style)

Agree with you completely they were a great rookie class. I was more talking in general bc the ILYSM, you're my best friend... a lot of DCC post regardless of rookie class makes me wonder is it genuine? With the talk of mean girls I have to wonder how much of it is just for yes ma'am? If it truly is a sisterhood that is wonderful but it has to be so exhausting especially if one gets on your nerves. Or perhaps i'm just a jaded northeast lady who has strong opinions and sometimes questions if people are genuine or not...

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, TB12 said:

Agree with you completely they were a great rookie class. I was more talking in general bc the ILYSM, you're my best friend... a lot of DCC post regardless of rookie class makes me wonder is it genuine? With the talk of mean girls I have to wonder how much of it is just for yes ma'am? If it truly is a sisterhood that is wonderful but it has to be so exhausting especially if one gets on your nerves. Or perhaps i'm just a jaded northeast lady who has strong opinions and sometimes questions if people are genuine or not...

I am also a jaded northeast lady who thinks it's all malarkey! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, itsweird said:

I am also a jaded northeast lady who thinks it's all malarkey! 

Thank you! I worked in an office with all but 2 women & there were some I adored but some were so fake you know they were stabbing you in the back but sooooo sweet to your face... 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So looks like there will apparently definitely not be a Calendar Shoot this year! But yay they are doing a cameo calendar - I've always thought that would be a great idea! 😊 And yay Amanda and Daphne are featured! 

IMG_20210714_203836.jpg

IMG_20210714_203910.jpg

If it wasn’t for Kat and Dani, I would have been devastated by the big loss of Amanda.

She should have left after she was point, VOTY and Pro Bowl cheerleader. Not like this.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, TB12 said:

I've noticed this with a lot of girls about their age on social media, I don't think it's a DCC-specific thing.  Someone posts a picture and all the comments are "OMG you are literally the best, I would die for you, *fire emoji* hawt mama!"  It's a little over the top for me, too, but it could be worse I guess.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I am REAL READY for this current eyelash trend to die out. Good grief. I’m all in for a nice set of falsies with stage makeup, but 80% of these gals got done dirty.  A variety of closed mouth smiles or even smirks like Gina’s would work better with the bold lip too. Not everyone is born a beauty queen but I genuinely think many of these women are more attractive than their makeup or pose would indicate.  

Do better, Texans. Sheesh. 

Have we ever had an ex-Texan make DCC?  Some of these girls are kinda "non-photogenic" and some would give Rachel W and Kat a run for their money!

3 hours ago, Jezlyn said:

Rachel is the TCU girl, and had a very DCC look.

Screenshot_20210715-064454_Instagram.jpg

She was definitely on my come on over list!

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Opine said:

Have we ever had an ex-Texan make DCC?  Some of these girls are kinda "non-photogenic" and some would give Rachel W and Kat a run for their money!

Kasharas pro bowl sister from the Texans did try out after she was cut from the Texans that year she made it to finals but not training camp 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Opine said:

She was definitely on my come on over list!

I'm fairly confident Malia Morales from season 4 was a former Houston Texans cheerleader. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So looks like there will apparently definitely not be a Calendar Shoot this year! But yay they are doing a cameo calendar - I've always thought that would be a great idea! 😊 And yay Amanda and Daphne are featured!

IMG_20210714_203816.jpg

This pic where the cheerleader is framing the smaller cameos by t-posing and facing away from the calendar looks so awkward. It was a cool idea, but I think they should have at least had her look over her shoulder so that you can see her face. 

2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

This calendar is meh. I think they could have used old sideline and performance pics from vets and took photos of the rookies on an empty field.

And what about a swimsuit calendar? I am sure they could find a pool, waterpark or splashpad to shoot at.  

I think it would be cool if instead of a swimsuit calendar they did an old-west themed photoshoot around different landscapes in Texas in their uniforms. I think it would be a cool way to highlight their Texas pride while minimizing travel risks

• Love 19