Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

Just now, lemonbus230 said:

Will not be sharing, only confirming, any new information moving forward. This is fun for me, never serious enough to start accusing other posters. Hopefully others will be able to provide their information. 🙂

Your good just asking no biggie 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, lemonbus230 said:

Will not be sharing, only confirming, any new information moving forward. This is fun for me, never serious enough to start accusing other posters. Hopefully others will be able to provide their information. 🙂

Speculation has listed various names.

Can you confirm Mel, Lea, or Jordann as cut? 

2 hours ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Quite a hurtful thing to say with no evidence.  

Gooodbye. 

omg who would've thought our sources would be going at each other's throats! THE DRAMAAA

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

🙄

1 hour ago, lemonbus230 said:

Thank you. 

expose each other, you won't 👀🤣 lmaooo jk jk.. but am I 😩

• LOL 11
7 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

omg who would've thought our sources would be going at each other's throats! THE DRAMAAA

The boards are so painfully slow. The insiders are creating drama since it's a drama desert here. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

The boards are so painfully slow. The insiders are creating drama since it's a drama desert here. 

Eh. They’ve been right one too many times for me to believe they’re fabricating out of boredom. 

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, MeeMee2 said:

Gina looks amazing in this!! I could literally feel her excitement from the screen. I'm happy that she's having her moment in the sun. I think she deserves it. She's given so much to DCC...and this is coming from some who didn't even like Gina at first! I also would of bet good money that Gina was a one season and done TCC. Now I'm rooting for her to be point. 

Ugh!! We need names of the resent cuts! A hint! At least a hair color?!  Fingers crossed for team come back girls! 

Can’t help but wonder if the girls who reportedly reported Gina being so thin, was jealousy rearing its ugly head?  Or are the girls all besties? 😆 they wouldn’t throw their sister DCC under the bus!  LOL!  K and J would only use it for drama!  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, evasworld123 said:

Eh. They’ve been right one too many times for me to believe they’re fabricating out of boredom. 

I don't think you read my comment right.

Gina has looked scary thin to me, for years. It is quite obvious in her pictures. It doesn’t matter how nice you are, being that thin is not something to look up to. I hope she gets the help she needs. 

• Love 6

Gina clearly used to Photoshop her images as we've seen by side by sides posted here before. I think she then lost a lot of weight to reach the size of what she Photoshopped to. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Speculation has listed various names.

Can you confirm Mel, Lea, or Jordann as cut? 

Mel was "confirmed" cut over on reddit. I mean as much as a confirmation can mean on forums.

41 minutes ago, Kitty Sharter said:

While the concern expressed may be coming from a place of compassion, to call Gina a poor role model is uncalled for and frankly untrue.  Gina is a great role model; she's an incredibly hard worker and makes it a point to treat EVERY fan with warmth and respect.  

Thank you. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

Thankful for you lemonbus!

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

While the concern expressed may be coming from a place of compassion, to call Gina a poor role model is uncalled for and frankly untrue.  Gina is a great role model; she's an incredibly hard worker and makes it a point to treat EVERY fan with warmth and respect.  

Being a good role model is not a black & white thing. You can be an excellent role model in many ways while not so much in others. Everyone has strengths & weaknesses.

Excellent role model (strengths): hard work & dedication; treatment of fans.

Not so good role model (weaknesses): over photoshopping/filtering pictures on social media; IF she has lost too much weight or is doing unhealthy things (diet, etc), not maintaining a healthy weight or healthy behaviours.

No one is 100% perfect. Everyone has flaws. It doesn't make them any less worthwhile or take away from their goodness.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

Jalyn is probably the thinnest DCC in person, but again, she has a very narrow frame and her body does not look unhealthy, just skinny and fit. 

Is Jalyn the thinnest? She just looks regular to me which says that is her body naturally. I would have never picked her as the smallest DCC. They're all tiny to me!

• Love 3
(edited)

I watched the video.  I think it is the perception that makes Gina appear thinner.  If you were to shrink Rachel's height down to Gina's she would appear just as thin.  Rachel's legs are virtually the same size.  There's just more length.   Some people also are just small waisted no matter what.

Also, I don't know who those intro dancers are, but all the DCC look too thin compared to them.  That may have something to do with it?   My niece who is 40 something weighs 84 pounds and is very healthy.  She is just tiny.

Marissa is also a very tiny person isn't she?

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 4

Just a theory…Gina must’ve been given point if they announce it at practice last night and “LB” is a 4 yr vet who… #1 doesn’t like their position in the triangle… #2 trying to cause waves of negative discussion about Gina so people aren’t happy about it when it airs.  I think I know who LB is by looking back at all comments starting with the night the vets were cut in the bubble.  Just a theory.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Just a theory…Gina must’ve been given point if they announce it at practice last night and “LB” is a 4 yr vet who… #1 doesn’t like their position in the triangle… #2 trying to cause waves of negative discussion about Gina so people aren’t happy about it when it airs.  I think I know who LB is by looking back at all comments starting with the night the vets were cut in the bubble.  Just a theory.  

What is your theory? I'm very fascinated!

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

Being a good role model is not a black & white thing. You can be an excellent role model in many ways while not so much in others. Everyone has strengths & weaknesses.

Excellent role model (strengths): hard work & dedication; treatment of fans.

Not so good role model (weaknesses): over photoshopping/filtering pictures on social media; IF she has lost too much weight or is doing unhealthy things (diet, etc), not maintaining a healthy weight or healthy behaviours.

No one is 100% perfect. Everyone has flaws. It doesn't make them any less worthwhile or take away from their goodness.

If this post were on Reddit I would give it an award! Gina is talented, seems to have a warm and lovely personality and like Holly85 said, a valued contributor to the DCC camp. 

She might also struggle with getting enough calories to maintain the active lifestyle she has, whether it’s a factor of no time or because she heavily controls her intake. Who knows, and that’s her business. But if others have noticed, some of the campers might have as well, and I hope those close to her talked to her about it before expressing their concerns to leadership. 

ED is nothing new in the dance world, so hopefully she has the support she needs to get back on track in a healthy way, the same way they do the ladies that are continually on WW. Which makes me wonder, other than the blunt conversation on camera with Kelsey several seasons ago (which was poorly done,) why they don’t talk about nutrition in a holistic way.  Being uniform ready means maintaining a healthy weight on both sides of the spectrum.  It takes a lot of calories to maintain the stamina required and still fill out the uniform nicely. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Interesting perspective. This sleuthing is a lot more fun than the TV show. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

Lemonbus has been posting since before all this and they have made comments about a couple of the 4 year vets, or they have liked posts about the 4 year vets

• Useful 8
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

I agree with you that Gina is a fantastic role model. She's gracious to everyone she meets and she's clearly a good teammate (you don't win VOTY for no reason).

Is it possible that "poor role model" in the original post by LemonBus was just a bad choice of words? Could it be that some DCCs expressed concern about Gina's tiny frame being an unrealistic body image for young girls, but they meant no judgment or criticism to Gina's character? I'm just wondering if the rift between LemonBus & Dr. M. is more about word choice and miscommunication than any real drama among the DCCs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Note: For anyone who may be triggered by photos of very thin women, please skip by this post.

An unedited photo from 2018 that was posted to facebook early one morning by DCC and then was removed (after numerous horrified comments) within 30 min. was this photo of Daphne. The second photo shows Daphne and Gina on a gameday.

I recall seeing that photo of Daphne and saying, "OMG." It reminded me of my struggles with an ED in college. I was so surprised it was posted to begin with and that anyone in charge there at DCC would approve that.  I am definitely not trying to shame either lady, as I have been that thin in my life, and I do not know the reason for their appearance. Who I AM upset with (if these ladies appear to look unhealthy in real life) is Kelli, Charlotte, and Judy IF they have overlooked/encouraged this look as being desired.

IMG_2501.JPG.839be980dc39e1452c9a9b864c8b4a21.jpg

g53z4w33s7r51.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
13 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Can’t help but wonder if the girls who reportedly reported Gina being so thin, was jealousy rearing its ugly head?  Or are the girls all besties? 😆 they wouldn’t throw their sister DCC under the bus!  LOL!  K and J would only use it for drama!  

If you're going to start a rumour about someone out of jealousy, there are "better" things to start rumours about. Weight is too easily verifiable by K & J. Start rumours about things that aren't so easily verifiable -- like she's saying bad things about K & J (or whoever), go back to the supposedly snotty attitude she supposedly had as a TCC, or other questionable behaviours that aren't easily verifiable.

2 hours ago, BossKeyBlessed said:

I didn't take LB's comment as meant to cause "waves of negative discussion" about Gina. More just sharing info as to what is going on. I also don't see it as being negative towards or "casting aspersions" on Gina's character as Dr. M & some others seem to be taking it. LB reported some girls are concerned about her weight & how it might influence young girls -- nothing in that is saying that anyone thinks she is a bad person. Gina's weight (and her photoshopping/filters) is already mentioned quite a bit on here. She does seem to have body image issues given the amount of photoshopping/filters she uses, so it would not surprise me if she has developed an ED. Is that saying something bad about her? No, just that she's dealing with something (and if young girls (and us older ones, too 😆) don't recognize it for what it is & try to aspire to be like her in that way, then, yes, that can also mean she's a poor role model in the healthy body image/maintaining healthy habits area) and can hopefully get the help she needs in that area (if it's true).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 12

Are there non-photoshopped pictures of Gina as a TCC? I keep reading posts that she just has a tiny frame, but IIRC, she looks significantly smaller now than she did as a rookie (when she was already in shape), so this doesn’t appear to be just a “small frame” issue.  However, I haven’t watched her rookie season in a while, so it’s possible that my memory is jumbled, and she was smaller than I’m remembering. Regardless, It’s not like EDs are uncommon in the dance world, and the DCCs are uber-focused on looks and body. It’s not hard to see how anyone could slide down the path of having unhealthy habits in pursuit of the DCC requirements, no matter how lovely or likeable they may be otherwise.

Now, on the dance side of things, I’ve been calling for Gina to be point for a few years now, so I’m thrilled that it looks like she actually may be point. She is by far (IMO) the strongest dancer on the team. 

• Love 17

Slipping into "too thin" for a period of time doesn't mean someone has disordered eating the same way slipping into "too fat" doesn't...and of course it's okay to be thin.  Obviously in America we have a huge problem with obesity, and that gets talked about all the time.  We probably all know a million women who haven't lost their baby weight, for example, and there's the freshman 15, or any number of lifestyle changes that cause a lapse in our normal routines and we pick up weight.  It happens quite often with the younger DCC in particular as they get out on their own and adjust to their new life.  But it's certainly possible to be too thin, and that can cause just as serious of health issues as morbid obesity.

I think the concerns around Gina possibly having ED are centered around the extensive photoshop/filters in the past two plus years AND her sinewy appearance.  Most of the concern is probably coming from a good place, especially since she's grown to be a team favorite based on her dance skills.  I suspect a lot of us (including me) are uncomfortable talking about it in a way we might not if a DCC was showing some muffin top.  Could be completely subconscious on her part and it might take a friend going "hey, I've noticed you've lost some weight lately.  Are you feeling okay about that and do you want to talk about it?"  And for all we know, she might respond with - "I'm on a cut for a bodybuilder show!  Or yikes, I've been so busy lately and noticed my pants are a little looser lately!  Definitely gotta find more time to meal prep!"  Or maybe she has some issues with body dysmorphia. Who knows?  Just look at the Kardashians - all the money, stylists and make up artists in the world and most of the time their pictures are photoshopped beyond recognition.  I would like to see concern about being too thin normalized the same way we seem to normalize being too thick.  

Gah, it's such a touchy subject and at the end of the day, hopefully we all wish all of the TCC/DCC good health and much happiness.

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Does that mean I can start calling myself big-waisted? Because that has a nice ring to it!

I've been calling myself that for years 😂

Uh oh...

image.thumb.png.0dfa202fc253a449d0d267b092edfff7.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Lemonbus has been posting since before all this and they have made comments about a couple of the 4 year vets, or they have liked posts about the 4 year vets

I'm lost. Who do yall think it could be?

• Love 2
(edited)

I will say this. Gina is most definitely thinner now than she was her rookie year. Go back and watch her rookie season if you disagree. However, the girl seems to have a very active workout schedule and maybe just cleaned up her diet some after college. I hate to speculate on EDs because such a sensitive topic. She’s absolutely an A++ top tier performer and I hope all is well behind the scenes!

I also think she got a bad edit her rookie year. I admit I deemed her arrogant and feel guilty about that because she has seemed so humble and positive towards her teammates in all the later seasons. Love to Gina!

Edited by evasworld123
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I've been calling myself that for years 😂

Uh oh...

image.thumb.png.0dfa202fc253a449d0d267b092edfff7.png

I really hope not!  She reminds me a bit of Bridget (looks only). Cannot compare her dancing because I haven’t seen it. 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Kitty Sharter said:

Have always shied away from discussing appearance/weight on forums, but feel compelled to jump in here to defend Gina.  In person she's definitely thin and very fit, but she has a petite frame in general.  To say that any of the girls on the team are "frighteningly" thin is definitely a stretch.  Jalyn is probably the thinnest DCC in person, but again, she has a very narrow frame and her body does not look unhealthy, just skinny and fit. 

I couldn't agree more ~ VERY well said !!   Gina is an amazing young lady on so many levels!!!   And yes, I too agree that she's a wonderful role model !

Have always shied away from discussing appearance/weight on forums, but feel compelled to jump in here to defend Gina.  In person she's definitely thin and very fit, but she has a petite frame in general.  To say that any of the girls on the team are "frighteningly" thin is definitely a stretch.  Jalyn is probably the thinnest DCC in person, but again, she has a very narrow frame and her body does not look unhealthy, just skinny and fit. 

• Love 2

your username has me crying lmfao

• LOL 11
  • Love 1