Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So looks like there will apparently definitely not be a Calendar Shoot this year! But yay they are doing a cameo calendar - I've always thought that would be a great idea! 😊 And yay Amanda and Daphne are featured! 

IMG_20210714_203744.jpg

IMG_20210714_203802.jpg

IMG_20210714_203816.jpg

IMG_20210714_203836.jpg

IMG_20210714_203857.jpg

IMG_20210714_203910.jpg

The arm over the head…I just can’t anymore 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

Um, those Houston cheerleaders face tuning makes Gina look like a makeup free farm girl. It’s like the photographer was the one who took the “Hannah on crack” cameo. 😬

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

So looks like there will apparently definitely not be a Calendar Shoot this year! But yay they are doing a cameo calendar - I've always thought that would be a great idea! 😊 And yay Amanda and Daphne are featured! 

IMG_20210714_203744.jpg

IMG_20210714_203802.jpg

IMG_20210714_203816.jpg

IMG_20210714_203836.jpg

IMG_20210714_203857.jpg

IMG_20210714_203910.jpg

The background looks so 2000's. IMO this is just terrible lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I think that rookie class is one of the tightest they've ever had, considering there were 16 of them. Plus that was the year of the comeback girl: Erin, Madeline and Brennan had all made TC before. Plus Briana, Amber and Hannah had all auditioned before. That's one of the few rookie classes I've ever fully agreed with. They didn't take any fillers that year! (Taylor J is the weakest dancer but seems like a great ambassador and is good at DCC style)

I'm a sucker for Taylor J, so I'm hurt by this LOL.

I think when it comes to the Texans Cheerleaders, I'm thinking it's intentional and they may be going for that Red Lipstick to somehow gel with their team colors. They may think it compliments the uniform well. I'm not a girl, so IDK how all that works. Just tossing that out as a possibility of their line of thinking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I've noticed this with a lot of girls about their age on social media, I don't think it's a DCC-specific thing.  Someone posts a picture and all the comments are "OMG you are literally the best, I would die for you, *fire emoji* hawt mama!"  It's a little over the top for me, too, but it could be worse I guess.  

Hahahaha you're right, "you are literally the best" made me laugh! I think it seems so DCC to me bc those are the only ladies i follow on Insta that do that, Lord knows my friends are beyond that age... :-)

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

This pic where the cheerleader is framing the smaller cameos by t-posing and facing away from the calendar looks so awkward. It was a cool idea, but I think they should have at least had her look over her shoulder so that you can see her face. 

Any guesses who it is? Caroline? Jalyn? I actually hate it. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Kamal said:

I hate how all the girls smile with their teeth showing. They are all very beautiful but thier smiles looks awkward.

Agreed! I have always disliked toothy smiles because they just look like the person is trying too hard. You see smiles like that in beauty pageants also. It always makes me think of that movie "Miss Congeniality" and a moment when Sandra Bullock's character steps offstage and says "excuse me, I have to go unscrew my smile."  I've always preferred softer, more natural smiles to big grins.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlueBear2008 said:

I'm fairly confident Malia Morales from season 4 was a former Houston Texans cheerleader. 

She was! I can’t recall if it was before or after DCC (IIRC, they moved to Houston for her husband’s job). But she was one of my absolute favorites: smart, gorgeous, ambitious, successful. They need to do a Where Are They Now segment on her!

• Love 7
(edited)
On 7/14/2021 at 3:59 PM, Teriyaki Terror said:

This calendar is meh. I think they could have used old sideline and performance pics from vets and took photos of the rookies on an empty field.

And what about a swimsuit calendar? I am sure they could find a pool, waterpark or splashpad to shoot at.  

I agree that it's meh. I personally don't think their cameos are dynamic enough to rate being featured in a calendar (I mean there's no way you can make the old "arm over the head" pose any more compelling), but DCC wants to get fan money however they can. As for going on location, yeah they could have easily gone to some swanky hotel in Texas and rented out the pool area or sought out a marina or even gone to a beach on the coast at dawn or sunset to get those bikini shots.

Edited by Bellisima08
spelling error
  • Love 10
(edited)
49 minutes ago, ShutterbugCAM said:

I'm a sucker for Taylor J, so I'm hurt by this LOL.

I think when it comes to the Texans Cheerleaders, I'm thinking it's intentional and they may be going for that Red Lipstick to somehow gel with their team colors. They may think it compliments the uniform well. I'm not a girl, so IDK how all that works. Just tossing that out as a possibility of their line of thinking.

For the lipstick complimenting the uniforms, I agree that’s what it seems like the intent was. I think all those girls are about a thousand times prettier than I am right now. I think some of them are posed at really awkward angles in these photos and they almost seem almost distorted in a way. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I agree that it's meh. I personally don't think their cameos are dynamic enough to rate being featured in a calendar (I mean there's no way you can make the old "arm over the head" pose any more compelling), but DCC wants to get fan money however they can. As for going on location, yeah they could have easily gone to some swanky hotel in Texas and rented out the pool area or sought out a marina or even go to a beach on the coast at dawn or sunset to get those bikini shots.

Didn't they film at the Gaylord last season? They have a pool and lakes. They could have driven down to South Padre for a beach shoot and just photoshopped the water haha. 

• Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Didn't they film at the Gaylord last season? They have a pool and lakes. They could have driven down to South Padre for a beach shoot and just photoshopped the water haha. 

The coast of Texas isn’t all that it smells I think they are moving away from doing swim suit calendars 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

The coast of Texas isn’t all that it smells I think they are moving away from doing swim suit calendars 

I think they could have gone to Florida. The Covid restrictions are loose there. I mean they just had Miss Universe at the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood and they did swimsuit photo shoots. They looked decent in my opinion. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO9nm0TLtva/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I think they could have gone to Florida. The Covid restrictions are loose there. I mean they just had Miss Universe at the Seminole Hard Rock in Hollywood and they did swimsuit photo shoots. They looked decent in my opinion. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO9nm0TLtva/?utm_medium=copy_link

No restrictions here I just think they are either moving away from it or it’s we can’t go to Mexico so we aren’t doing a swim calendar until we can 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Ok quoting myself because I saw this pic a while ago, and I just think a calendar full of shots like this would be so much more interesting than a swimsuit calendar. (Link for the pic below)

20210714_215137.thumb.jpg.6c8ac58b974162c0ee9dbdf52852c2bc.jpg

Yes yes loved this shot 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think Kat is a shoo-in to make the team again this year, along with Ashlee, Rachel, Taylor, Dani, etc. I don’t think Kelli would put a girl on the cover of a calendar if she was ‘on the bubble’. Of course anything could happen (Holly, Erica come to mind) but those would be out of the ordinary circumstances. As it stands, I bet Kat makes the team. Which I love cuz I am TeamKat 150%. 

Edited to add - shame about Amanda. She was obviously a fave (with Kelli, and also with this board) but the tides turn quickly. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 11

Is there anyone who isn't in either calendar? I think Amber and Alora-Rose look like they miss out, yet some get two pics and/or a cover! I definitely prefer the shots with the poms, they're more like stills following dancing and look much more natural!

• Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Ok quoting myself because I saw this pic a while ago, and I just think a calendar full of shots like this would be so much more interesting than a swimsuit calendar. (Link for the pic below)

20210714_215137.thumb.jpg.6c8ac58b974162c0ee9dbdf52852c2bc.jpg

This image makes me giggle as it looks like the DCC are doing "sexy hips" for the cattle!

Edited by Agent Gully
It's early/late.
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, An Offt said:

It was the same clip, shown on different episodes and at different times, in order to convince you she deserved her cut.

Reality TV should never, ever be trusted. 

I saw different clips from different days, in different outfits and dances. More than one shot of her rushing or behind, with other ladies hitting the correct timing.  First field practice, show group auditions, practice room in small groups.  We can agree to disagree, but her usually fierce dancing looked weak and at times boring.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/14/2021 at 10:56 PM, Opine said:

Have we ever had an ex-Texan make DCC?  Some of these girls are kinda "non-photogenic" and some would give Rachel W and Kat a run for their money!

She was definitely on my come on over list!

Fairly certain one of the current DCC or only recently retired was a Texans cheerleader 

edited to add - ignore me 😂 I was thinking of Briana but she was previously a Titans cheerleader 

Edited by Manc.UK.DCCfan
Correction
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

This image makes me giggle as it looks like the DCC are doing "sexy hips" for the cattle!

It's one of the silliest things I've ever seen.  If stuff like this is necessary, pose them at the Stockyards or wherever.  The mere suggestion they're dancing alongside a cattle drive is so very beyond ridic, why go to the trouble of the editing work? 

• Love 8
56 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Fairly certain one of the current DCC or only recently retired was a Texans cheerleader 

edited to add - ignore me 😂 I was thinking of Ashlee but she was previously a Titans cheerleader 

Briana was the Titans cheerleader 🤗

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Is this in Dallas? Looks like a FW/Dallas combo pic? 

For sure looks like a combo, like they photoshopped the Stockyards in FW.  It's been a minute since I lived in Fort Worth, but I legit don't recognize half of those buildings and some of the other ones don't look like they belong where they should.

That said, there are some amazing locations that could work for a calendar shoot within an hour drive of DFW.  And there are plenty of gorgeous sunrises and sunsets to be had too.  And on top of that, it's not like Texas has many covid restrictions at all, and I've had multiple friends that have traveled to the Bahamas and Mexico both from DFW this year (they're nuts, but YOLO I guess.)  So this seems like pure optics but they're shooting themselves in the foot too IMO. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, MrsNiniG said:

Vanessa Jenkins

8931A0B6-0D14-4008-BFB6-E4758ECBFD54.jpeg

Malia Morales from the 2009-10 squad (same season as Vanessa) is a former Texans cheerleader as well. She and Vanessa were both on the 2005 & 2006  squads. 

image.png.015c0073ff53ee3be760581c41d530db.png

image.png.b13bdc9777e1c6f331aba89a76530648.png

• Love 14
9 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Is there anyone who isn't in either calendar? I think Amber and Alora-Rose look like they miss out, yet some get two pics and/or a cover! I definitely prefer the shots with the poms, they're more like stills following dancing and look much more natural!

Dang that sucks! To feature everyone but two girls when some are featured multiple times just seems wrong. 

• Love 13
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Dang that sucks! To feature everyone but two girls when some are featured multiple times just seems wrong. 

Very wrong 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Dang that sucks! To feature everyone but two girls when some are featured multiple times just seems wrong

26 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Very wrong 

Wrong is Kelli's middle name.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
20 hours ago, PhoebeKelly1992 said:

IMG_20210714_203816.jpg

I'm probably wrong but my first take was that this is Lisa in the "T" pose.  Regardless, I hate this hokey as heck attempt at a calendar. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm probably wrong but my first take was that this is Lisa in the "T" pose.  Regardless, I hate this hokey as heck attempt at a calendar. 

Yeah, not a fan of this calendar at all its like they took stock photos to make it happen without any thought or effort...

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm probably wrong but my first take was that this is Lisa in the "T" pose. 

I agree, I think the hair looks most like Lisa's.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

For sure looks like a combo, like they photoshopped the Stockyards in FW.  It's been a minute since I lived in Fort Worth, but I legit don't recognize half of those buildings and some of the other ones don't look like they belong where they should.

That said, there are some amazing locations that could work for a calendar shoot within an hour drive of DFW.  And there are plenty of gorgeous sunrises and sunsets to be had too.  And on top of that, it's not like Texas has many covid restrictions at all, and I've had multiple friends that have traveled to the Bahamas and Mexico both from DFW this year (they're nuts, but YOLO I guess.)  So this seems like pure optics but they're shooting themselves in the foot too IMO. 

Totally agree- it would be cool to showcase some of the unique landscapes Texas has to offer! I think the SI swimsuit edition did some photoshoots in Wyoming in recent years that could be good inspiration. 

I found this video that makes it look like the bulls and cheerleaders were all together- they may have edited the skyline though (I’m not from Dallas)  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, kalibean said:

I never really cared about the calendars since I never buy them but I totally agree.  I think they missed a really good opportunity to capitalize on the “Texasness” of Texas for a new calendar. It doesn’t need to technically be a “swimsuit” calendar, but I’m sure they can come up with “girl next door slutty sexy” outfits and locales for a Texas themed calendar shoot . 

Eh I’ve been to both the Bahamas and Mexico (and plan on going back to both in the next month), and everything was all good COVID precaution-wise. No issues at all. In fact, I felt safer in the Bahamas than I have in some parts of the US since some Covid restrictions are still in place there.  I wouldn’t take a team full of cheerleaders, photographers, makeup and hair, plus support staff for a photo shoot. That’s a logistical nightmare.  But a personal vacation over there with my husband was fantastic. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 13
On 7/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, Duffer said:

The makeup and especially the ruby red lipstick on everyone is terrible.  Whose aesthetic could that be? It’s garish. 
 The eyelashes on some of the women are so awful. It’s not flattering to have obviously synergetic eyelashes brushing your eyebrows and cheeks. 
A lot of them look like their makeup was done by someone with a performing arts background. Makeup to be seen rather than makeup to enhance.

fail. Blech. 

I know it sounds awful but that red lipstick and the huge (unflattering)toothy smile reminds me of The Joker... Ruby red lipstick is tricky; few can actually pull it off and wear it with grace, so that choice is just plain stupid. A good makeup artist looks at complexion, eye colours and facial features when determining the colours and will enhance those or tune them down a little for the occasion in mind.

Some of those girls could do with a visit to a good hair salon! I'm pretty sure that the DCC jury would have sent a lot of them for a huge make-over if they had been auditioning for the DCC!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

I know it sounds awful but that red lipstick and the huge (unflattering)toothy smile reminds me of The Joker... Ruby red lipstick is tricky; few can actually pull it off and wear it with grace, so that choice is just plain stupid. A good makeup artist looks at complexion, eye colours and facial features when determining the colours and will enhance those or tune them down a little for the occasion in mind.

Some of those girls could do with a visit to a good hair salon! I'm pretty sure that the DCC jury would have sent a lot of them for a huge make-over if they had been auditioning for the 

You are right, a lot of God awful hair is in those pictures 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I actually wouldn't mind if they moved away from doing swimsuit calendars. What if they did photos of the girls at various locations around Texas? They wouldn't even have to be limited to being at just well-known places. Maybe doing something like horseback riding, checking out a museum, a wine tasting at a local vineyard or an elegant night out at a performing arts center. Being in a bathing suit on a beach isn't the only way to look sexy. I also think they need to bring in new photographers. It seems like they've used the same older guys for the last few years and it might be time to bring in someone with fresh eyes, a new perspective and more innovative ideas.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

I saw different clips from different days, in different outfits and dances. More than one shot of her rushing or behind, with other ladies hitting the correct timing.  First field practice, show group auditions, practice room in small groups.  We can agree to disagree, but her usually fierce dancing looked weak and at times boring.

I still only see one mistake. Being demoralized and worried about COVID protocol probably did make her less precise, but nowhere near enough to justify her cut.

Except that this is the DCC we're talking about, and they like to cut people purely for the drama it creates on camera.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, An Offt said:

I still only see one mistake. Being demoralized and worried about COVID protocol probably did make her less precise, but nowhere near enough to justify her cut.

Except that this is the DCC we're talking about, and they like to cut people purely for the drama it creates on camera.

Im wondering also if they ladies themselves were doing stuff they weren’t suppose to when they had their personal time example going into each other’s rooms and hanging out ! 

• Love 2