Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Dr. Donna said:

The only reason I'm interested in certain reality shows is because of the spoilers. To go all marketing-speak, these other shows understand that part of their staying power is a multi-platform community. They officially condemn leaks but understand that the podcasts, vlogs, and fandoms that result from leaks and rumors are a main aspect of their popularity and they adjust the show editing accordingly. It's not just about the show, it's about building and encouraging a community centered around the show.

Agree with everything here, but just wanted to touch on that bolded part. One of the main frustrating things for me these past years/seasons is that there really HAS been a community centered around the show. Most (I hope at least lol) of us here want to see these ladies succeed and be built-up, not teared down (Hannah, Brennan, Lily) or belittled (Kristin).

To the editors of the show: If you spend a whole season, or seasons in the case of some (Ex. Brennan) showing us how "classy, mature and well-educated" these women are, then we will assume that they ARE "classy, mature and well-educated" women. Therefore, if you treat them horribly and try to make us believe otherwise? Yeah, we don't want to see that. And thus the "community" will turn against it. 

Hope I'm making sense.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Even sillier, there are ALWAYS complaints on DCC social media that they spoiled the season if there are any pictures from games.

It's really, REALLY simple:  If you don't want to be spoiled, stay the heck off social media.

Why folks can't understand this, continually blows my mind.

(Disclaimer:  NOT aimed at you @ByTor 😘)

• Love 19
20 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Gina looks great in this performance.  I do not find her too jokery.  At. All.

IF they must have (2) points, I hope TPTB give Gina the meatier, 2nd point.  She will do a stellar job and Girl has earned it. 

💯PERCENT !!!  I totally agree !!!!

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, go4luca said:

IF they must have (2) points, I hope TPTB give Gina the meatier, 2nd point.  She will do a stellar job and Girl has earned it. 

They need to get back into the rhythm of things. A few obvious mistakes (Rachel W. wrong arm). Rachel's expressions compared to Gina's expressions. Hmm. Somewhere in the middle of the two prototypes would be perfect. 

Kickline looked tough but probably the floor was shaky or slippery or something. Caroline seemed to struggle much more than I remember seeing before. 

Lastly I really think the shorts would look less like diapers if they just lengthened the hem a touch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
33 minutes ago, go4luca said:

It's really, REALLY simple:  If you don't want to be spoiled, stay the heck off social media.

Why folks can't understand this, continually blows my mind.

(Disclaimer:  NOT aimed at you @ByTor 😘)

I know...I'm not one of them who like to complain 🤗

• Love 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Gina does those extra little head pops and things that Kashara used to do. She looked awesome!

And Lord have mercy does Kelsey have some long legs.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 16
36 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Wow, Ashley has great kicks! Gina over the top sure but that's bc she's dancing next to Rachel---pretty vacant, there is something so dull in her eyes even when she's performing but she's pretty so there's that...

• Love 12
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I know the rumor is that Jordan and Leah were cut - but I sort of feel like Leah may have been saved for a "makeover helped her" story.  Complete guess though.

I know it’s reaching, but maybe Jordann has confirmed…

0C5327ED-9DF2-4190-A1D6-DC37D3E78316.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Yup or the girls themselves will post on their personal page that they made group leaders and people get on there and yell at them for pushing a spoiler 

I say we start a Go Fund Me to buy Holly season tix and she can go take pics for us of everything and we can say F those who don't want to be spoiled.  That is just stupid.

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
36 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I will and promise to write my 300 word essay to go along with it lol 

If it's 299, you'll have some explaining to do! 😂

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

As for now on the field but things could change 

I would love to see the ladies perform again on the field.  But the current variant spikes are concerning.  I'm sure the ladies would love a season on the field.  Especially those who haven't yet experienced it.  Even though I understand why they were used last season, the touchdown decks just don't compare.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I would love to see the ladies perform again on the field.  But the current variant spikes are concerning.

Yeah I just heard the Olympics may not happen because of all the athletes testing positive. I wouldn't be shocked if DCC went back to what they did last year.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Dr. Donna said:

The clamp down seems especially silly since the show's premiere is after the start of football season. Anyone interested in spoilers will easily figure out the roster regardless of leaks.

The only reason I'm interested in certain reality shows is because of the spoilers. To go all marketing-speak, these other shows understand that part of their staying power is a multi-platform community. They officially condemn leaks but understand that the podcasts, vlogs, and fandoms that result from leaks and rumors are a main aspect of their popularity and they adjust the show editing accordingly. It's not just about the show, it's about building and encouraging a community centered around the show.

Season 14 was a ratings success for DCC and CMT. I'm curious what the ratings were like for season 15 when the online community was so unhappy. 

It would be nice if they'd do the show in semi-real time, as in airing a week or two after it really happens. I understand Kelli wants to control the narrative too much (and can't go back & change things to fit her preferred narrative) if it was airing as camp was happening, but come on, airing it starting in late August is just stupid. The season is half over before the show reveals the team (and people complaining about spoilers when they're already out performing -- just . . . "no words.")

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah I just heard the Olympics may not happen because of all the athletes testing positive. I wouldn't be shocked if DCC went back to what they did last year.

Even if they did I’m sitting right in front of the touchdown decks so I can still see I picked those seats for that purpose 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

As for now on the field but things could change 

Jackie O. would be proud. 

• LOL 16
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I know the rumor is that Jordan and Leah were cut - but I sort of feel like Leah may have been saved for a "makeover helped her" story.  Complete guess though.

what are Jordan and Leah's instas?

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, DCCOracle said:

***screams in Dutch***

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

But was it God's plan? 😂

1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

If it's 299, you'll have some explaining to do! 😂

11 minutes ago, Pj3422 said:

Jackie O. would be proud. 

4 minutes ago, dbell1 said:

Doing the Lord’s work. 😂

Y'all are killing me today.

Many thanks for all the laughs! 😂🤣

• LOL 11
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Olympics should never have been a go ahead, bringing how many people from how many countries into a country with only 20% vaccination rates? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Hopefully because there isn’t such travelling happening (I would assume?) for home games and safety precautions are taken then they can be on the field. 

• Love 10

There has been another cut.

Many on the team have vocally expressed concerns regarding Gina’s weight. Her in person weight is frightening. And they don’t believe she is a good role model for young women.

• Useful 15
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Many on the team have vocally expressed concerns regarding Gina’s weight. Her in person weight is frightening. And they don’t believe she is a good role model for young women.

Do you know who made show group? I am dying to know if Jalyn got back on

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Wow. Thank you for the info. I don't know how Gina performs, and performs so well, at her current weight. I hope she gets some help. 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

I really hope Gina is okay.  I hate seeing this happen to anyone.

• Love 22
11 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Rookie or vet ?

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/20/2021 at 2:31 PM, Lona said:

Agree with everything here, but just wanted to touch on that bolded part. One of the main frustrating things for me these past years/seasons is that there really HAS been a community centered around the show. Most (I hope at least lol) of us here want to see these ladies succeed and be built-up, not teared down (Hannah, Brennan, Lily) or belittled (Kristin).

To the editors of the show: If you spend a whole season, or seasons in the case of some (Ex. Brennan) showing us how "classy, mature and well-educated" these women are, then we will assume that they ARE "classy, mature and well-educated" women. Therefore, if you treat them horribly and try to make us believe otherwise? Yeah, we don't want to see that. And thus the "community" will turn against it. 

Hope I'm making sense.

You are making total sense! If you look at the seasons where the show was really taking off, TPTB were really making much more of an effort to establish a community & to court our interest. I mean that's why they were doing the fan favorite vote and showing the solos on the DCC social media platforms. They liked that we were invested, but once we all starting noticing things that were not consistent (both for the rules and for their standards) and started calling them out for it, all of a sudden the level of sharing from TPTB started to drop. And of course there's also the issue of how they build up and claim to want girls like Brennan, Lily, Jalyn who give their all & work hard only to tear them down or throw them away at a whim. Personally I think Kelli would rather we all just watch & keep quiet.

Edited by Bellisima08
  • Love 9
20 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

is she at risk of being cut from the team? 

• Useful 3
22 minutes ago, lemonbus230 said:

Many on the team have vocally expressed concerns regarding Gina’s weight.

I just commented elsewhere that after watching a recent video with Gina, I could now see that she doesn't photoshop her waist so small, she really is that tiny. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So I grabbed the screenshot to look at hem length on the shorts LOL. But the first thing I noticed was how tiny Gina was compared to the others. That being said, she has a naturally small build and works very hard - she doesn't look (to me anyway) to be sickly.  

I do understand the concern though. DCC has to be very careful about the messages it sends. I hope she's okay and I think it's very brave of the other girls to speak up. They absolutely should. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 2.31.17 PM.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Dr. Manhattan said:

Quite a hurtful thing to say with no evidence.  

Gooodbye. 

must say i think everyone’s forgot she was voted veteran of the year by her team mates not long ago… interesting 

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, grapeDCC said:

must say i think everyone’s forgot she was voted veteran of the year by her team mates not long ago… interesting 

i mean, in theory, adoration/fondness can coexist with concern, no?

• Love 19
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

I mean, “fondness” to me is saying something positive on an Instagram picture or something like that. Being voted “Veteran of the Year” and then saying she’s “not a good role model” would be quite bizarre. Something isn’t right here. 🤔

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

oh no im not saying they can’t be concerned that it just shows how much they care about her but the role model part is what im trying to come across with it 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, vanillagum said:

Absolutely. I think the wording might be the issue here. It's admirable to express concern for someone's health. It's just as important to understand the incredible power of social media and DCC as they influence entire generations of girls. I think the discussion is vital. It's also so important to erase any type of stigma. There should be ZERO shame in talking about body image issues. 

That being said, yes - it shouldn't be a gotcha moment which is what Dr. M is likely reacting to. But I don't think lemonbus is really revealing it for that reason.

• Love 7
Just now, Lona said:

I mean, “fondness” to me is saying something positive on an Instagram picture or something like that. Being voted “Veteran of the Year” and then saying she’s “not a good role model” would be quite bizarre. Something isn’t right here. 🤔

I guess I'm just taking 'not a good role model for girls' less negatively than others, haha. I'm not reading that as, like, dissing someone's character, but just being like, 'My friend isn't fulfilling this important, super public role the way they should right now, and I'm concerned about the effects that might have on young, impressionable fans.'

2 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Absolutely. I think the wording might be the issue here. It's admirable to express concern for someone's health. It's just as important to understand the incredible power of social media and DCC as they influence entire generations of girls. I think the discussion is vital. It's also so important to erase any type of stigma. There should be ZERO shame in talking about body image issues. 

yes, agreed :)

• Love 15
(edited)
40 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

I guess I'm just taking 'not a good role model for girls' less negatively than others, haha. I'm not reading that as, like, dissing someone's character, but just being like, 'My friend isn't fulfilling this important, super public role the way they should right now, and I'm concerned about the effects that might have on young, impressionable fans.'

I’m of the same mind, @vanillagum. I’m kinda like: Eh. Real friends, mature women, will have a private conversation with her. Especially if they are taking their roles as DCC as role models for the littles in Junior DCC , they need to have that mature serious conversation. And if those who think she isn’t a good role model aren’t having that conversation with her, then it’s being said by girls who aren’t her real friends. And those girls are going to say shit behind her back anyway. 

However from the video, Gina really is scary skinny. She seems like she is one of those types of people that just goes to 11 with everything ( for non-Spinal Tap fans, that means she over does everything). She decides she’s going to dance? She going to be the best, most highly trained, highly decorated dancer out there. She decides she’s going to lose weight? She’s going damn near disappear.  But can you even have a conversation with someone that driven? I dunno, I don’t know Gina. Maybe this look appeals to her and nothing they say will resonate. 

I mean, I have some very close friends that do stuff that I just dont agree with. (It’s more middle aged people stuff though 😆 like one not being serious about saving for her retirement and another who maintains a relationship that’s going nowhere with a boyfriend she doesn’t even like very much because she’s tired of being alone.) I don’t love or respect them any less. They just frustrate the hell out of me. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, vanillagum said:

I 100% hear you. Thanks so much for explaining. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

You are making total sense! If you look at the seasons where the show was really taking off, TPTB were really making much more of an effort to establish a community & to court our interest. I mean that's why there were doing the fan favorite vote and showing the solos on the DCC social media platforms. They liked that we were invested, but once we all starting noticing things that were not consistent (both for the rules and for their standards) and started calling them out for it, all of a sudden the level of sharing from TPTB started to drop. And of course there's also the issue of how they build up and claim to want girls like Brennan, Lily, Jalyn who give their all & work hard only to tear them down or throw them away at a whim. Personally I think Kelli would rather we all just watch & keep quiet.

TPTB should WANT us more invested, more engaged with the show.  Maybe even LISTEN to the fans when they point something out instead of ignoring it because it's not what they want to hear.  Instead, it's more like the bolded part, they want us to sit down. shut up, and turn off our brains so we don't think about the things they show us, even when it doesn't make sense.

2 hours ago, lemonbus230 said:

I think they have every right to be concerned about her weight.  On a group of tiny women (multiple people have said that the girls are SMALL/TINY/etc. in person), she's often described as even smaller than they are and I'm not just talking about their height.  If she's so tiny that her in-person weight is generating THAT much worry and concern, there's a good possibility that she's not a good role model for a group that's already targeted for body shaming, eating disorders, and other health issues.  I'd rather they look up to Gina because she's an amazingly talented dancer, not because she's smaller then might be healthy for her or for others.  THAT'S probably the reason that people think she's not a good role model.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Gina does those extra little head pops and things that Kashara used to do. She looked awesome!

And Lord have mercy does Kelsey have some long legs.

Gina looks AMAZING!!  Even in her most altered photos, she looks better than Daphne or Tess, whose skinny bodies gave them the lollipop effect (large head on teeny tiny body).  Frail or haggard comes to mind looking at them.  Tess’ implants look unnatural, like natural flotation devices!  Put Gina next to them, and she’s proportional and healthy, lithe, looking!!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Gina looks AMAZING!!  Even in her most altered photos, she looks better than Daphne or Tess, whose skinny bodies gave them the lollipop effect (large head on teeny tiny body).  Frail or haggard comes to mind looking at them.  Tess’ implants look unnatural, like natural flotation devices!  Put Gina next to them, and she’s proportional and healthy, lithe, looking!!

Tess is not surgically enhanced.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Gina looks amazing in this!! I could literally feel her excitement from the screen. I'm happy that she's having her moment in the sun. I think she deserves it. She's given so much to DCC...and this is coming from some who didn't even like Gina at first! I also would of bet good money that Gina was a one season and done TCC. Now I'm rooting for her to be point. 

Ugh!! We need names of the resent cuts! A hint! At least a hair color?!  Fingers crossed for team come back girls! 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

This latest cut was it a rookie ?

Will not be sharing, only confirming, any new information moving forward. This is fun for me, never serious enough to start accusing other posters. Hopefully others will be able to provide their information. 🙂

• Love 18