Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I thought Kelli's excuse was "weak pom technique."

Sure but I didn't really think that was the real reason. Plenty of other people had pointed out Hannah's strength. I remember that there was some comment during one of the episodes that she looked soft and the expression on Hannah's face when Kelli got her on the Zoom call...I don't know. It just seemed like there was other stuff going on.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

With Hannah I thought there *was something going on with her size. She was never overweight of course but wasn’t she the one who could barely keep her backside contained in the shorts?

Same here. And of course to us in the real world her figure is amazing, but DCC standards are something else entirely. As for her Hannah not being able to keep her backside in her shorts, I never noticed that, but given that their uniforms are custom made for them, then that might be a design flaw.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Kelli would likely be intimidated by a cheerleader that is older, more mature, and wiser!  She likely picks the younger more naive girls since they are more likely to put up with her BS and drink the DCC koolaid with a yes mam, thank you mam.  KF doesn’t seem the type to appreciate women who know themselves and what they will and will not stand for.

Nailed it!

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

My own opinion for what it’s worth….

Hannah was disgusted by the false “covid bubble” touted by The Powers That Be and vocalized those concerns. Kelli is disgusted by anyone who challenges her. The End. 

I believe this definitely could’ve happened. I was just let go from my job bc I mentioned that our team was toxic & bullying & we needed to improve this before we start our next project. I thought being honest & working to fix the team dynamic would be a good thing, shame on me bc the two team members who behaved like mean girls are still there & one girl left without a job & I was released… so yeah could Hannah have been penalized for speaking her truth yep… 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Bellisima08 said:

Sure but I didn't really think that was the real reason. Plenty of other people had pointed out Hannah's strength. I remember that there was some comment during one of the episodes that she looked soft and the expression on Hannah's face when Kelli got her on the Zoom call...I don't know. It just seemed like there was other stuff going on.

7 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

My own opinion for what it’s worth….

Hannah was disgusted by the false “covid bubble” touted by The Powers That Be and vocalized those concerns. Kelli is disgusted by anyone who challenges her. The End. 

Yes, I know "weak pom technique" was not the real reason Hannah was cut (hence the use of the word "excuse"), but it is what I remember being said. Being "soft" could also apply to pom technique. It definitely had nothing to do with her weight (including her backside hanging out of her shorts).

As others have pointed out, there were also remarks about her looking pale, stressed, & unhappy, but I agree with @KnyghtRyder. The real reason (which Kelli & Co. will never admit to) is that Hannah called them out on their faux bubble & they didn't like it.

• Love 13
29 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I believe this definitely could’ve happened. I was just let go from my job bc I mentioned that our team was toxic & bullying & we needed to improve this before we start our next project. I thought being honest & working to fix the team dynamic would be a good thing, shame on me bc the two team members who behaved like mean girls are still there & one girl left without a job & I was released… so yeah could Hannah have been penalized for speaking her truth yep… 

Oh @TB12, I’m so sorry 😞. Those bitches! Nothing makes me madder than people without self awareness, who won’t swallow their damn ego for the greater good. They will be the architects of their own downfall eventually, it’d just be nice if it didn’t have to come to that.    

That and hearing people chew are my two big pet peeves. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, DCC93 said:

As much as I adore Hannah, you shouldn't base her weight off her Instagram pictures. You can tell she edits them with the Facetune app, the same app Gina uses. That said, I still don't agree that her weight was an issue! She was a smokeshow

What are some of the signs that she's editing her pics? Besides the swimsuit calendar pics (which obvi DCC is editing)

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Kat removed DCC from her IG profile a while ago, and she was photographed in TC. Personally, I think she knows people are paying attention & she's having some fun with people who are trying to guess.

She also posted either yesterday or today that she was back on social media after taking a break. Hmmmm

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Lona said:

Personally, I find her somewhat annoying. 

Only somewhat? 😝

10 hours ago, TB12 said:

could Hannah have been penalized for speaking her truth yep… 

Maybe the problem is that her truth wasn't the truth. There's a whole lot we don't know

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, KnyghtRyder said:

Oh @TB12, I’m so sorry 😞. Those bitches! Nothing makes me madder than people without self awareness, who won’t swallow their damn ego for the greater good. They will be the architects of their own downfall eventually, it’d just be nice if it didn’t have to come to that.    

That and hearing people chew are my two big pet peeves. 

Thank you I appreciate it!!! Hope everyone has a great day and maybe we get some tea today... :-)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Only somewhat? 😝

Maybe the problem is that her truth wasn't the truth. There's a whole lot we don't know

For sure, but even the broadcasted version showed half-ass regard for Covid protocols, IMO.  A bubble-ish, masked-ish, etc.  Tho the only reality show I've really noticed that did a bubble like the NHL was the Great British Baking show.  I'm not surprised, and Hannah probably wasn't either, but I wish they had just called her out for a bad attitude and left it there.  As mad as many people were about Tara's dismissal, just as many people noticed she wasn't at her best and hadn't been for a bit, so could make sense of reasons to release her from camp.  

Questioning Hannah's dance was just weird and felt contrived to me.

• Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Only somewhat? 😝

Oh I totally agree with this also. Everyone’s version is their own authentic version.  There could have been a number of ways this played out, and everyone could have been in the right  and everyone coulda been in the wrong. But the optics are just suspect even with creative editing. Hannah has poor pom technique? After 2 years on show group? She’s pale? 

Since I wasn’t in the 2020 TC bubble and don’t have first hand-knowledge, I can’t really say how safe/unsafe it was to know whether or not Hannah’s feelings were justified. I can tell you my employer did less than shit to keep us safe.  Threw a couple of masks and tubs of Clorox at us and then shamed anyone who wanted to work from home.   

To keep it 2021 TC related: do they usually have so many long weekends/days off? I feel like we’ve been beaten over the head with “YOU WILL HAVE NO TIME OFF TO GET MARRIED/RELINQUISH YOUR CROWN/GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE!” for so many years it’s weird there been no nightly news. 

Edited by KnyghtRyder
  • Love 8
44 minutes ago, KnyghtRyder said:

To keep it 2021 TC related: do they usually have so many long weekends/days off? I feel like we’ve been beaten over the head with “YOU WILL HAVE NO TIME OFF TO GET MARRIED/RELINQUISH YOUR CROWN/GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE!” for so many years it’s weird there been no nightly news.

Justice for Daphne. She should have been allowed to fly home for graduation

• Love 24
1 hour ago, KnyghtRyder said:

o keep it 2021 TC related: do they usually have so many long weekends/days off? I feel like we’ve been beaten over the head with “YOU WILL HAVE NO TIME OFF TO GET MARRIED/RELINQUISH YOUR CROWN/GRADUATE FROM COLLEGE!” for so many years it’s weird there been no nightly news. 

They had off for July 4th holiday and they just had another 4 day weekend so slow going for TCC. I really do think that their "old formula" for training camp is now outdated.

They don't need this much time to get a team together anymore.

Along with that, Kelli's old formula for her reality show isnt really working either.

Old Formula: 

• prelims (make snarky comments about "bad" or "fat" dancers
  • semis (make comments about low kicks but take them into camp anyway)
  • find a pet project or two or three. Take girls who can't dance and "mold them"
  • take girls into camp who need to lose weight and focus on them losing that weight
  • Makeovers - because these girls don't know what a DCC is supposed to look like
  • Teach them the kick line and jump split because they've never done that

New Formula:

• claim that the applicants are the worlds best technically trained dancers from all over the world. If true then-->
    • they already show up looking like DCC
    • they already know how to dance
    • they are already uniform ready
    • they already know how to kick and jump split
  • Camp can be done in just 2 weeks. One week for vets. 
  • Love 16
9 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

They had off for July 4th holiday and they just had another 4 day weekend so slow going for TCC. I really do think that their "old formula" for training camp is now outdated.

I agree, and I think one of the reasons for this is that they've changed the way they recruit women and changed the type of women they recruit.

Early on, it wasn't inconceivable that a woman could make it to TC, and maybe even onto the team, with very little dance experience beyond a few classes. No D1 pom, no dancing since they could walk. They seemed to be mainly recruited and pushed through TC based on physical attributes. So, those few weeks of TC were more necessary to not only teach girls the dances, but teach girls HOW to dance.

Now, DCC scopes out the D1 pom teams to recruit technically talented dancers, and end up pulling women from other professional teams too. The candidates have reached a certain caliber of dance ability already. Sometimes they need help with the specific DCC style, but they (should) have the basics down and pick up choreo quickly because of their prior experience. Because of this, TC really can be done in a shorter amount of time, focused on style and learning choreo-- they could even feasibly provide the dances ahead of time like last year to make it even shorter.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Justice for Daphne. She should have been allowed to fly home for graduation

By any chance, was that graduation from UCLA? Cause I wasn’t sure. 😝 

Not even joking you guys, she said UCLA 7 times in a 75 second span during her introduction.  That’s at least where I stopped counting. 

1 hour ago, Tuxcat said:

Along with that, Kelli's old formula for her reality show isnt really working either.

Old Formula: 

• prelims (make snarky comments about "bad" or "fat" dancers
  • semis (make comments about low kicks but take them into camp anyway)
  • find a pet project or two or three. Take girls who can't dance and "mold them"
  • take girls into camp who need to lose weight and focus on them losing that weight
  • Makeovers - because these girls don't know what a DCC is supposed to look like
  • Teach them the kick line and jump split because they've never done that

New Formula:

• claim that the applicants are the worlds best technically trained dancers from all over the world. If true then-->
    • they already show up looking like DCC
    • they already know how to dance
    • they are already uniform ready
    • they already know how to kick and jump split
  • Camp can be done in just 2 weeks. One week for vets. 

They could probably cut at least 6 days out of TC and filming if they eliminated just the crying from the one-on-one talking heads interviews. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

For sure, but even the broadcasted version showed half-ass regard for Covid protocols, IMO.  A bubble-ish, masked-ish, etc.  Tho the only reality show I've really noticed that did a bubble like the NHL was the Great British Baking show.  I'm not surprised, and Hannah probably wasn't either, but I wish they had just called her out for a bad attitude and left it there.  As mad as many people were about Tara's dismissal, just as many people noticed she wasn't at her best and hadn't been for a bit, so could make sense of reasons to release her from camp.  

Questioning Hannah's dance was just weird and felt contrived to me.

Guys I’m sorry, as much as I loved Hannah on the team, there were so many clips of her where she looked awkward when she was dancing last season.  And only so much of that can be contrived.  And we talk about Gina’s facials, but… umm… Hannah’s facials just as bad or worse.

K & J cannot make her dance poorly, and neither can CMT.

please don’t hate me

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

No hate here! I love that we all have different perspectives about the  show.

But from what I remember they used the same clip of Hannah stumbling over her athletic shoes (not typically worn by lyrical dancers, or even the DCC since they dance in boots) during one 8-count on repeat? I don't remember "so many clips" at all. 
I have to agree with the other commenters, It looked contrived. 

Notice how they didn't even really show her during the "dance off." All we saw were brief glimpses of awesomeness.

• Love 16
(edited)
54 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I just tend to support a two year show group veteran who's getting her masters in counseling from Northwestern vs. an already proven to be contrived reality show on CMT.

I personally don't really care what the exact truth is. Hannah herself said she didn't really know what happened specifically.

But I do know what bothers me. The decisions DCC/MTT made in 2020 deliberately capitalized on the  mental and physical health of the girls (as well as the publics). It was the wrong call. They could have used those resources to uplift a community and the girls who were struggling during such an unprecedented global event. They missed they mark. in so many ways.

Your points are well made, and I agree with you.  Here’s the other side of this… Hannah, and the others, could have made the decision to remove themselves from the situation.  But they didn’t.  They stayed, knowing they were going after a performance job.  They stayed knowing the expectations.  They have to perform and perform well, no matter what else is going on in their lives.

At what point do you continue to blame TPTB when each one of these ladies is responsible for her own decision to stay and try to be a DCC.

Reality TV is not about taking care of the people who are part of the show.   Reality TV uses the people on the show for ratings.  Unfortunately that is mostly what the DCC are now, reality TV.

All of this bothers me, your points and mine.  The only way the DCC will ever be world class again and the stuff little girls aspire to be is for there to no longer be a reality TV show about DCC.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Love 10
(edited)
4 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Your points are well made, and I agree with you.  Here’s the other side of this… Hannah, and the others, could have made the decision to remove themselves from the situation.  But they didn’t.  They stayed, knowing they were going after a performance job.  They stayed knowing the expectations.  They have to perform and perform well, no mater what else is going on in their lives.

At what point do you continue to blame TPTB when each one of these ladies is responsible for her own decision to stay and try to be a DCC.

Reality TV is not about taking care of the people who are part of the show.   Reality TV uses the people on the show for ratings.  Unfortunately that is mostly what the DCC are now, reality TV.

All of this bothers me, your points and mine.  The only way the DCC will ever be world class again and the stuff little girls aspire to be is for there to no longer be a reality TV show about DCC.

Another point that also can be made is if the girls themselves were doing stuff behind the scence they weren’t suppose to be doing aren’t they just as much as fault for making it un safe like hanging out in each other’s room at night etc when they weren’t suppose to be 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
(edited)

Couldn’t find what page the last rookie chart was on so I am posting this one from Reddit, which I think shows the most recent cuts. Unless anyone here knows of more cuts please do tell!

F7168FBA-671E-406C-B668-3926E9C29864.jpeg

Edited by Branmuffin
Typo
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

I think it needs to be clear that Hannah's Instagram post did not ever say she was cut for speaking out.

Hannah didn't even know what she was being cut for during her cut because she mentioned her solo and Kelli said it wasn't the solo but it was the pom technique. I rewatched the season 3 times and noticed the only time they showed Hannah mess up was the same dance. If it was pom technique, you'd think they'd show more her messing up for more than one dance. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

please don’t hate me

I certainly don't, I was never a fan. Didn't think she had the look & always felt there was something off-putting about her.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I think it needs to be clear that Hannah's Instagram post did not ever say she was cut for speaking out. She also did NOT say the specific protocols were not up to snuff.  She questioned why DCC/MTT chose to do this reality show - in this way during a global crisis. What she experienced was a perspective shift. We did even hear that on the show itself.

When you realize that your employer - or in this case - an organization that professes to be about female empowerment, community involvement, and charitable support - is really only just looking out for their profitable reality show -- well that stings. And I agree with you. Absolutely maybe that showed in her performance. More likely it just detracted from her overall "happy cheerleader love DCC" image. Recall she was the one who used to "believe in the power of the star" her rookie year. Remember, "its incredible to see the power of the star in action."

Yes, she went anyway. Yes she pursued it because her whole life had been built around it.  Yes, she was also unmasked in the hallway. But none of that really is the point. Her speaking out after the fact is from the perspective of someone who cares deeply and passionately as an advocate for others. Her family is in healthcare. She's developing a career based upon speaking out and helping others do the same.

And FWIW I have no problem with them cutting her. Tell us her 'performance face' was off.  Tell us she no longer believed in the sta. Tell us she struggled to understand why DCC would do this. Tell us the backstory. Tell us the why. Do NOT try to create some "weak pom technique" or "pale and disinterested" or worse "mentally weak" crap.  It didn't work.

Right like I want the whole picture was there stuff being done off camera ect was hannah complaining abt stuff being done off camera by k and j and other ladies  and group leader over heard and went and told 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

Couldn’t find what page the last rookie chart was on so I am posting this one from Reddit, which I think shows the most recent cuts. Unless anyone here knows of more cuts please do tell!

F7168FBA-671E-406C-B668-3926E9C29864.jpeg

If this chart is up to date that means 8 cuts to go (if only taking a team of 36 -and if I have my math right on the current amount of vets remaining) with 3 weeks left to go. I won’t be surprised if they do between 2 and 3 cuts or more per week and I would bet there will be a “weaker” vet cut (my money would be on Alora rose or Kristin) in the last week again if they are having trouble letting go of any of these rookies. 

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

As viewers, we are told repeatedly that the DCC is so exclusive that to become one not only do you have to have the look, professional dance ability, but also an excellent content of character. Once a DCC, these women continue to be held to these standards of excellence. The only ones getting a pass on these standards with contradictory, manipulative, and dream-killing behavior are the TPTB and the producers of MTT.  Sure we could shrug this off as "they know what they signed up for" but the huge contradiction of expectations for the DCC versus the TPTB's own blatant, soul-selling behavior shouldn't get a pass so easily. I have to digress that removing the "reality tv" part from the DCC would change anything as far as the quality of the candidates,  all it would do is remove the motivation of TPTB to demonstrate such poor behavior of selling themselves and others out for the sake of a show.  

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 17
16 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

If this chart is up to date that means 8 cuts to go (if only taking a team of 36 -and if I have my math right on the current amount of vets remaining) with 3 weeks left to go. I won’t be surprised if they do between 2 and 3 cuts or more per week and I would bet there will be a “weaker” vet cut (my money would be on Alora rose or Kristin) in the last week again if they are having trouble letting go of any of these rookies. 

It’s up to date as of July 3rd !! They went on a four day break had tc Tuesday Wensday Thursday went on another 4 day after that 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

So just had to catch up and read pages 17-20 and no new scoop😩. Thank God y’all r interesting, funny and compile great stats or this wud b a yawnfest!

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

It’s up to date as of July 3rd !! They went on a four day break had tc Tuesday Wensday Thursday went on another 4 day after that 

Ah! So for all we know there could have been a bunch of cuts last week that we haven’t heard about (although prob not since we saw the photo with the guest choreographer criscilla last last week, but usually we always see a cut on MTT after Travis Wall teaches, can’t remember if he choreographed after or before criscilla?) adding the Instagram photo from criscillas guest choreograph day as a visual reference. Hopefully one of the insiders can clue us in about any spoilers from last week as to if any cuts happened after the guest choreographers!

FB5FC012-F62A-4D9A-BCE9-7A3C38033704.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

Ah! So for all we know there could have been a bunch of cuts last week that we haven’t heard about (although prob not since we saw the photo with the guest choreographer criscilla last last week, but usually we always see a cut on MTT after Travis Wall teaches, can’t remember if he choreographed after or before criscilla?) adding the Instagram photo from criscillas guest choreograph day as a visual reference. Hopefully one of the insiders can clue us in about any spoilers from last week as to if any cuts happened after the guest choreographers!

He was day after her but he didn’t post anything 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Branmuffin said:

Here’s the photo with the TCC names on it

3B9B1B2B-A4AA-4626-9750-9DBFC35DBA39.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I was a Hannah fan the first two years even though I did think her looks were attractive to some and not to others and personally thought she was the girl that I would say sometimes she was wow and other times her hair looked "stringy" and her features were harsh and made her look older.  Someone mentioned eyebrows on this forum once and I realized that Kelli Q and Hannah draw on fierce high eyebrows that age them.  They always look younger with less makeup and I personally believe prettier.  I know H's dancing was fierce and was first shocked she was cut until I watched the show.  

IMO she looked "Pissed off" and "unhappy" in the bubble.  Perhaps when you lose your sparkle, the fierceness in your dancing looks pissed off.  I know it was a pandemic but these girls are hired to be performers and whatever is going on in their life needs to be left outside the door of the stadium or studio.    I don't believe she was forced to go to the training camp and if she personally thought it was unsafe she should have sat out a year.  I am sure they would have understood since it was a pandemic and she was living at home in Chicago.

As to the debate on Hannah's weight, her dress during the media day training was too tight.  It was the very slim fit that if a girl has a booty and she gains a pound it's going to look too tight.  I know in work clothes that kind of dress when I gained a few pounds Mae me look like I needed a size bigger because that's where my weight went.  Scott mentioned it on Melissa's podcast and I went back and yep....too tight which means she did not look as good as she could have and then you take in losing her sparkle, she really did not look as good.  Her hair etc.  Hannah's hair needs some product to look fuller and it just did not look like a lot of effort.   Similar to  Tara (who I loved) Hannah lost her sparkle.  Personally, I have tried cases when my world was falling apart and the judge did not care.  You put on your big girl panties and carry on.  

I wish Hannah well.  She had so much stress going on with her master's program and COVID, that sometimes you have to know yourself.  School should have always been more important than DCC and IMO they would have understood if she sat out a year.  The reality is once she has her degree, she may not have gone back.  People should always know their limits and priorities.  

I will never buy the argument they forced the girls to do this and risk their health.  If professional ball players can sit out a year and not get paid millions because of concern how COVID would impact the family, these ladies could sit out a year.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On 7/12/2021 at 2:26 PM, ByTor said:

I'm with you there, and I don't think Dayton was "treated horribly." After bombing the interview the 1st time, I don't think she deserved to go beyond finals. And when she DID get into TC, she was late for makeovers & wasn't so great in the "power-pom" style. I simply don't think memory was her problem, I think it was nerves that made her lose her memory.

I feel like her heart wasn’t in it. Kelli was very hard on her and she got such an unflattering edit. 
I feel like it reflected a lot on Shelly too - by sticking with the organization. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Branmuffin said:

I wish one of them would so we can  get this topic back on track !!

Edited by Holly85
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13