Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

On 7/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, aimeelou625 said:

Guys I’m sorry, as much as I loved Hannah on the team, there were so many clips of her where she looked awkward when she was dancing last season.  And only so much of that can be contrived.  And we talk about Gina’s facials, but… umm… Hannah’s facials just as bad or worse.

K & J cannot make her dance poorly, and neither can CMT.

please don’t hate me

I don’t hate you and agree with 100%!! 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, 3nglishhornist said:

Is this the third year in a row where Rachel W. ended up on the cover of one of the calendars? I get that she’s super photogenic but I was kinda hoping they would switch things up and give some other girls a chance to shine

I’m really surprised that that they didn’t somehow find a way to fit VK into it!  I know she didn’t return this year, but still, she’s the one and only bestest DCC in Kelli’s eyes!  Maybe that’s what the VK/KF conversation was about...she was told if she “took leave” or even retired , she’d be out of the calendar, which I could see would result in a petulant or ticked off VK.  

• LOL 7
7 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I also think they need to bring in new photographers. It seems like they've used the same older guys for the last few years and it might be time to bring in someone with fresh eyes, a new perspective and more innovative ideas.

Except Kelli is such a control freak, I'm not sure how much new photographers would help. Kelli knows best, after all.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, LilyD said:

I know it sounds awful but that red lipstick and the huge (unflattering)toothy smile reminds me of The Joker... Ruby red lipstick is tricky; few can actually pull it off and wear it with grace, so that choice is just plain stupid. A good makeup artist looks at complexion, eye colours and facial features when determining the colours and will enhance those or tune them down a little for the occasion in mind.

Some of those girls could do with a visit to a good hair salon! I'm pretty sure that the DCC jury would have sent a lot of them for a huge make-over if they had been auditioning for the DCC!

Its like they have their field performance make-up on for studio photos. Not a good look at all, I cringe at most of them and they’re prolly stunning irl. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Trixi said:

Its like they have their field performance make-up on for studio photos. Not a good look at all, I cringe at most of them and they’re prolly stunning irl. 

I think that this might be the reason but some did manage to photograph rather well!

PHOTO.jpg.be8228eec71873bbf2825e013aa035c5.jpg

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

I actually wouldn't mind if they moved away from doing swimsuit calendars. What if they did photos of the girls at various locations around Texas? They wouldn't even have to be limited to being at just well-known places. Maybe doing something like horseback riding, checking out a museum, a wine tasting at a local vineyard or an elegant night out at a performing arts center. Being in a bathing suit on a beach isn't the only way to look sexy. I also think they need to bring in new photographers. It seems like they've used the same older guys for the last few years and it might be time to bring in someone with fresh eyes, a new perspective and more innovative ideas.

I volunteer myself. That way, I'd be able to become an insider too 🧐

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 7/14/2021 at 10:45 PM, Fwcowboysfan said:

Is this in Dallas? Looks like a FW/Dallas combo pic? 

On 7/15/2021 at 9:58 AM, kalibean said:

For sure looks like a combo, like they photoshopped the Stockyards in FW.  It's been a minute since I lived in Fort Worth, but I legit don't recognize half of those buildings and some of the other ones don't look like they belong where they should.

That said, there are some amazing locations that could work for a calendar shoot within an hour drive of DFW.  And there are plenty of gorgeous sunrises and sunsets to be had too.  And on top of that, it's not like Texas has many covid restrictions at all, and I've had multiple friends that have traveled to the Bahamas and Mexico both from DFW this year (they're nuts, but YOLO I guess.)  So this seems like pure optics but they're shooting themselves in the foot too IMO. 

This is definitely Dallas - specifically downtown (Main St District/Farmers Market) at the intersection of Commerce & Cedar Chavez, facing West. It appears both DCC and cattle/cowboys were all photoshopped in - neither group's light source matches that of the buildings, objects in the background. Google Street View link for those interested:

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.7816534,-96.7908851,3a,75y,258.67h,90.99t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sBXqxn80lhfKD9zb5wArDqg!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 6/25/2021 at 5:21 PM, Planet X said:

Does anyone else feel like you should be forced to vaccinate in order to be on the team?

NO!  That shouldn’t be required especially of people who’ve had the virus and several girls on the team had it.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/17/2021 at 12:24 AM, Lynnbo said:

It sounds like makeovers are this Monday and Mel was definitely cut. 

That’s what is being said on Reddit, I wonder if we will get to see the rookies from 2020 get makeovers too or if it will just be the 2021 rookie tc candidates. That would be interesting to find out! Anyways here is the updated chart Aytol posted on Reddit showing Mel’s cut. 

21695526-2A1E-40EC-BA23-ACC0AB41BA14.jpeg

Edited by Branmuffin
Changed wording from 2021 Rookies to candidates
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Wow, Madeline really reminds me of Lily in these photos!

IMO...I actually think she looks more like Victoria🧐 she has that same high lipped gum baring smile.  I know she's a sentimental fave, and in the beginning she was for me... but she just doesn't appeal to me anymore.  

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Wow, Madeline really reminds me of Lily in these photos!

1 hour ago, mizzhyer said:

IMO...I actually think she looks more like Victoria🧐 she has that same high lipped gum baring smile.  I know she's a sentimental fave, and in the beginning she was for me... but she just doesn't appeal to me anymore.  

I think both Madeline and Lily are prettier then Victoria.  I know I said at one point that Lily was probably one of the plainer girls on the squad, but looking at her now with the Broncos, I think the fact that she looked so "plain" was because of the stress and pressure of Training Camp and the added stress and pressure of a SECOND Training Camp and having to prove herself for the SECOND time.  Not only prove herself, but prove that she has improved enough to be on the squad.  I think she should have made it the first time, but was cut for drama, not because of anything SHE did (or didn't) do.

Both Madeline and Lily have more of a natural beauty while Victoria has more of an over-processed (both hair and makeup) look to her that is more reminiscent of the 80's and 90's.  I've seen pictures of Victoria where everything is toned down and she looks very fresh, very pretty and a LOT younger then she did while on the squad.  She actually looked her age instead of older.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 16
On 7/16/2021 at 2:17 AM, hannahbanana said:

Except Kelli is such a control freak, I'm not sure how much new photographers would help. Kelli knows best, after all.

Well then that becomes a question of if it will take the threat of Kelli having control wrestled from her for her to embrace change. Because there will probably come a time when her views might not align with the organization and if she's not willing to change things, then I doubt they would keep her. If she's smart, she would keep an eye on the winds of change & show a willingness to be flexible. In any big organization you work for, if the higher ups say that they are moving in a new direction, you don't want to be the holdout stamping your foot going "this is how we've always done it."

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Lynnbo said:

I thought we weren’t discussing this anymore? 

I haven’t read this board for a while and was catching up.  Responded before I got to “we are not discussing this anymore”.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Kelli put on her IG story about her dog and even did a close up of the chart she has of TCC’s 

they’re teasing us 😂😭 none of them were crossed off 

Some of those ladies were already cut 

(edited)
2 hours ago, Manc.UK.DCCfan said:

Kelli put on her IG story about her dog and even did a close up of the chart she has of TCC’s 

they’re teasing us 😂😭 none of them were crossed off 

TPTB use a lot of the same headshots for their chart!

C5638F66-F107-4ED8-A285-256CD140A84C.jpeg.631500b564f77a2e2389748738963e7c.jpeg

E23F481D-DDC8-4D90-90AE-894D2E5DDB11.thumb.jpeg.bbc1c122c12fe77a9b9bf1da0b044923.jpeg

Edited by Pau84
Extra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Some of those ladies were already cut 

I know. 

1 hour ago, Pau84 said:

TPTB use a lot of the same headshots for their chart!

C5638F66-F107-4ED8-A285-256CD140A84C.jpeg.631500b564f77a2e2389748738963e7c.jpeg

E23F481D-DDC8-4D90-90AE-894D2E5DDB11.thumb.jpeg.bbc1c122c12fe77a9b9bf1da0b044923.jpeg

Just saying - she could’ve at least crossed out those who’ve been cut so we can work out the two latest 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
(edited)

You know what would've been awesome for calendar, pictures of DCC doing some of those amazing dance shots (you know,  the ones with those gravity defying leaps, kicks, and twirls) in all of the iconic locations in Dallas.  That would be a cool calendar that even I would buy......oh well.

Edited by SMP637
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, SMP637 said:

You know what would've been awesome for calendar, pictures of DCC doing some of those amazing dance shots (you know,  the ones with those gravity defying leaps, kicks, and twirls) in all of the iconic locations in Dallas.  That would been a cool calendar that even I would buy......oh well.

That would require some thinking on their part... 

Seriously, they could've done a million great things for calendar, Kelli just doesn't have the brains to think of something new. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Seriously, they could've done a million great things for calendar, Kelli just doesn't have the brains to think of something new. 

That and she doesn't want to break with "tradition".  We all know how Kelli is about her beloved "tradition" even if it's to the detriment of the organization.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, SMP637 said:

You know what would've been awesome for calendar, pictures of DCC doing some of those amazing dance shots (you know,  the ones with those gravity defying leaps, kicks, and twirls) in all of the iconic locations in Dallas.  That would be a cool calendar that even I would buy......oh well.

Oh that would have been awesome for sure. Showcasing the dance skills of the girls would have been a fresh take versus the previous calendars that were more about showing their bodies.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, JayDKay said:

Not just thinking, but also a willingness to be innovative & embrace change. As for Kelli, I think she has brains, but lacks the willingness to use them to explore new ways of doing things. This could be for a variety of reasons such as maybe thinking there's no point in even proposing new ideas for fear they won't be supported in the organization. Or maybe she's just become complacent & thinks the time isn't right for new ideas. Whatever her reasoning, I think it's working for her less and less.

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Oh that would have been awesome for sure. Showcasing the dance skills of the girls would have been a fresh take versus the previous calendars that were more about showing their bodies.

I think they are very aware of their calendar-buying demographic and those guys don't give a flip about dance skills.  They buy the calendars for the bodies and sexy poses.

JMHO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

41 minutes ago, TeacherWoman said:

I think they are very aware of their calendar-buying demographic and those guys don't give a flip about dance skills.  They buy the calendars for the bodies and sexy poses.

JMHO.

I agree that there's definitely a large demographic of heterosexual men buying these calendars for the sex appeal.

However, I do wonder how many calendars get sold to family and friends. Also, I wonder how marketable the sideline calendar, as a more family friendly alternative to the swimsuit calendar, is to young dancers/cheerleaders. 

I hope this doesn't sound naive but just based on this forum (where it seems to me that most people are interested in the cheerleaders as dancers and as people) I think DCC would benefit by  acknowledging that there are also a lot of fans interested in the cheerleaders for reasons besides sex appeal. 

• Love 10