Type keyword(s) to search

2021 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp

Uk-Eve
  • Start Topic

5 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Am I the only one who would have been really interested to see BTS of how they could've navigated a season with the vets? We could've got to know them better, seen how they've managed in the pandemic, focused on those who've worked throughout it (teachers, medical staff etc). I don't think they'd have lost viewers at all, nobody had anywhere to go last year, that's why all TV figures were up!

Exactly! That would have been a big change to the format so people wud b interested. It wud b the 1st time ever and they cud talk about the season for years to come. But we all know Kelli is never gonna give up her ‘I’m the only one who has ever just walked on to this team’ crown. 

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, Mmkk said:

So I think I count 44 left? 19 rookies and 25 vets?

I was relieved to see the 25 vets in the photo! I don't know how they are going to find 8 more cuts.  I don't want to see anyone's dreams crushed, but I hope they do at least 3-4 cuts this week from the TCC - it's better to cut it off early than drag it out way too long!

• Love 3
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Stee said:

Ashley and Tyra stand out for me because there are no others that look like them!

Who would have thought we'd miss Maddie's curls!  or Amandas, but Kleine is like a younger, cuter, more vaccinated version of Amanda so no loss there!

I did notice the absence of Amanda as well. I If I had to pick rookies based solely on this photo (I have watched barely any dance clips) Ashley, Tyra, Tori, and Jensen stand out to me.

Is that Madeline S. to the right of Kelli?

Edited by StellaCL
spelling error
  • Love 4
Just now, StellaCL said:

I did notice the absence of Amanda as well. I If I had to pick rookies based soley on this photo (I have watched barely any dance clips) Ashley, Tyra, Tori, and Jensen stand out to me.

Is that Madeline S. to the right of Kelli?

Yes that’s her 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Is this correct, I will fix if not…

A3819082-FC13-4067-AD42-7C63ADDD4517.jpeg

The gal you have labeled as bre is Kylie and the gal you have Klein is Christina and the lady you have labeled as Kylie is Klein 

• Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

The gal you have labeled as bre is Kylie and the gal you have Klein is Christina and the lady you have labeled as Kylie is Klein 

Thank you!!!  Better?

C76E7F51-D2B1-408E-A44C-7FD72B5952C9.jpeg

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

Sorry adding photo without post 

11770C59-A714-46C7-883E-8E1FAD90B00B.jpeg

Did all the vets go spray tanning as a group bonding exercise lol? The vet side of the pic looks noticeably more bronzed than the rookie side

Also, does the makeup seem more subtle than in past seasons? I feel like I'm noticing less intense eye makeup on most of the DCC/TCC. For example, Lexie and Kristen both seem to have lighter makeup than normal

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Stee said:

Ashley and Tyra stand out for me because there are no others that look like them!

Who would have thought we'd miss Maddie's curls!  or Amandas, but Kleine is like a younger, cuter, more vaccinated version of Amanda so no loss there!

Do we know for a fact that Amanda left for vaccination reasons? Seems wrong to keep repeating that if it’s not known for sure.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, Dr. Donna said:

Do we know for a fact that Amanda left for vaccination reasons? Seems wrong to keep repeating that if it’s not known for sure.

I'm already preparing myself for how the show will present Amanda's exist if they do show one. She was my favourite!

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Thank you!!!  Better?

This is awesome, thank you!

for the vets... is that Armani between McKenzie and Kelcey?? That does not look like her but she’s the only one I can’t find that we didn’t already know was gone

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, PepperM said:

This is awesome, thank you!

for the vets... is that Armani between McKenzie and Kelcey?? That does not look like her but she’s the only one I can’t find that we didn’t already know was gone

Yes it’s Armani

• Love 3
(edited)

Thank you!!!  Better?

I don't see Ashlee in the photo. Am I blind?

I only counted 24 vets (not 25). And no Ashlee.

Edited by SanDiegoGal
Added to post
Just now, aimeelou625 said:

Bottom row next to Erin

Thank you! I AM blind! Still only counted 24 vets, so now I gotta figure out who I'm neglecting to count. This getting old stuff isn't easy.

• LOL 4

Thank you!!!  Better?

Kylie is super tall! 

I think some of the vets could do with a haircut, their longer hair looks a little flat, especially Lexie, Jalyn and Rachel W. I've always thought it was harder to dancer with longer hair!

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Lynnbo said:

Was Alora Rose cut or is this a filter and I am reading too much into the headshot comment on IG? 

92EB6F20-4328-46A6-8F0E-4E48BE427E78.png

11AC2A86-E269-4858-9201-FDA2C1DABC4A.png

It’s a filter. She posted this photo before TC started in the evening. She is still around 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, TB12 said:

I'll cosign this as I've posted a few times, I wouldn't know last years rookies if they were sitting next to me on the subway. As far as this years class, little to no interest as well. Good job TPTB you are essentially flushing your "world class" team down the toilet...

The only one I really have any interest in is Kleine and maybe Ashley.  Other than that, IDC. 🤪

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Thank you! I AM blind! Still only counted 24 vets, so now I gotta figure out who I'm neglecting to count. This getting old stuff isn't easy.

I count 25. There are 3 rows of vets, but Kristin is kind of in her own row between the back and middle row. Also, Armani and Kelcey have their heads touching, it would be easy to count them as one person. Are you seeing Madeline to the right of Rachel and Judy or is she cut out?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sara 1 said:

I'm already preparing myself for how the show will present Amanda's exist if they do show one. She was my favourite!

We've accepted Amanda's resignation .....

• Love 7

Thank you!!!  Better?

At least Madeline and Ashlinn are still there to keep things somewhat interesting for me. I still don't care for Tori but she deserves to be a DCC after they robbed her so...rooting for her too. 

I am going to make a prediction and say we won't be seeing any more surprise vet cuts (unless someone f's up MASSIVE) since we have 11 spots for the rookies. In terms of who I think will make it, I'm expecting a lot of blondes to make it although I am rooting for Tyra and Ashley to make it (especially Ashley) Also I think Megan has the DCC look. Based on looks alone, this is who I would choose.

1. Ashley
2. Ashlinn
3. Christina
4. Jordan
6. Kaydianna
7. Madeline
8. Megan
9. Tori
10. Tyra
11. Klein or Jensen (still can't decide)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

Kylie is super tall! 

I think some of the vets could do with a haircut, their longer hair looks a little flat, especially Lexie, Jalyn and Rachel W. I've always thought it was harder to dancer with longer hair!

I agree about the hair.  It has always surprised me that the corporation has access to a salon for hair and make up, but they give everyone similar colors and styles. I don't understand why there isn't a larger variety of colors, lengths and styles. IF they're going to stick with similar styles then they should allow pony tails, headbands and the like to give differing styles. 

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, vanillagum said:

It's kind of sad how girls who simply want to be DCC have to be on a TV show as well lol. The vast majority of them seem so uninterested in that aspect. But at least it seems they can be lowkey if they try really hard

Most are there because they want to dance (for the NFL) and not everyone is happy to be on national tv. I also believe that a lot of  serious dancers decide not to audition just because of the tv show. In its current format, it might do more harm than good to their careers with the way drama is created and the lies that are told over the backs of the girls. You don't want to be humiliated on tv.

There are of course exceptions: People who are happy with all the attention and hope it might lead to something. But I wonder whether the DCC and a minor tv show on CMT is the right way to fame... It hasn't brought much to Holly's dancing and Jenna's BB has it?

Edited by LilyD
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

I count 25. There are 3 rows of vets, but Kristin is kind of in her own row between the back and middle row. Also, Armani and Kelcey have their heads touching, it would be easy to count them as one person. Are you seeing Madeline to the right of Rachel and Judy or is she cut out?

Ah-hah! I skipped Kristin. She's never been that memorable to me, so I guess that's why I missed her.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, Jazzhands said:

I'm probably alone in this opinion, but this should be Gina's third year at point.

I think Rachel is gorgeous, but her dancing bores me.  I'd have her in a prominent position but not at point. 

Sooo I’m a long time lurker, and it took this post for me to finally sign up so that I could comment and tell you that you will not die on this hill alone *Gina 4 Point* 

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
(edited)
4 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Thank you!!!  Better?

I just realized if this goes a certain way, DCC 2021 is poised to have:
3 Ash's (Ashlee, Ashley, Ashlinn)
2 Madelines
2 Ambers

That seems like it may just be a record on duplicate names in one season. 

Potentially they also could of had 3 Mads (Madisyn), 2 Amandas, and 2 Erins, but that is no longer.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, StellaCL said:

That seems like it may just be a record on duplicate names in one season. 

On top of that one of my grandsons is named Asher...

Think very carefully when naming your children...never opt for trendy

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

On top of that one of my grandsons is named Asher...

Think very carefully when naming your children...never opt for trendy

Yeah, most of these women were born in the late 90s or in 2000. Seems like Madeline was a very popular birth name then. I am surprised at the ever popular Ashley and Amber though. And then you have the classic hold-outs like Christina and Rebecca. 

Soon future auditions and training camps will be flooded with the Emmas, Madisons, Olivias, Hannahs, and Isabellas. Followed by the Sophias, Avas, Evas, and Mias 😄 The Jennifers are done! And probably the Rachels, Kelseys, Melissas, and Nicoles. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Emchammy said:

Is anyone else finding themselves losing interest this year? Possibly due to the lack of spoilers/information but also could be because I have very little attachment to last years Rookies and obviously the show didn’t feel ‘normal’ last year. I feel like them airing the show later in the season is really the icing on the cake. IMO It really takes away from the excitement of the season because isn't dancing at games (and fans all over the world getting to see pics/vids of their ‘world class’ talent) really the point of being a DCC?! Seems so unfair on the girls. 

Wow I seem to have woken up pretty cranky, sorry for the negativity! 

I totally agree with you on both counts. Last year, between the masks and the fact that TC was so short, there was really very little chance to get to know the rookies so that made it hard to form attachments so I really didn't get invested in them. Alora Rose is pretty much the only one I can name from memory & recognize on sight (and for me, that's only due to the focus she was given, not because I became attached to her). As for this year, the lack of spoilers/info is not really encouraging my engagement. It's annoying that we didn't get many pics of auditions or solos like in years past. Those were my favorite things to see at the start. Really at this point, the only reason I have any interest in watching this season is so that I can chat about it with ya'll after the episodes air.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

“Jenna’s BB”?
Sorry, I’m old…thanks!

BB=Big Brother sorry! I referred to her failed attempts to get casted for Big Brother...

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Am I the only one who would have been really interested to see BTS of how they could've navigated a season with the vets? We could've got to know them better, seen how they've managed in the pandemic, focused on those who've worked throughout it (teachers, medical staff etc).

Now that would have been interesting to see! From a public relations standpoint, it could have been good to see what America's Sweethearts were doing to help stop the spread of Covid and have the vets setting good examples. Looking back on it now, it seems like a missed opportunity. And yes it would have been nice to get to know the vets better. It's always bothered me that once a rookie becomes a vet, you don't always hear much about them unless they are named a group leader, are rooming with/mentoring a rookie or they are one of the popular vets. I mean I know the show is called "Making the Team", but the vets are part of the team and there are people who still want to see them & how they are doing.

• Love 13
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Now that would have been interesting to see! From a public relations standpoint, it could have been good to see what America's Sweethearts were doing to help stop the spread of Covid and have the vets setting good examples. Looking back on it now, it seems like a missed opportunity. And yes it would have been nice to get to know the vets better. It's always bothered me that once a rookie becomes a vet, you don't always hear much about them unless they are named a group leader, are rooming with/mentoring a rookie or they are one of the popular vets. I mean I know the show is called "Making the Team", but the vets are part of the team and there are people who still want to see them & how they are doing.

Technically, they have to try out each year, so they still have to "make the team" just like the rookies. Yes, they supposedly have a better chance, but there have been many vet cuts (just ask Hannah & Brennan). I want to get the chance to know everybody -- not just those they choose to spotlight (especially since at least one or two they feature each year end up getting cut). It wouldn't hurt to spend a few minutes each episode introducing people -- old and new. Just a 30 second blurb, "Hi, I'm so and so, I'm from wherever. This is my whatever year trying out/being on the team. I like to do such and such" would help a lot.

Edited by hannahbanana
Fat fingers can't type!
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, LilyD said:

BB=Big Brother sorry! I referred to her failed attempts to get casted for Big Brother...

REALLY?!?! Apparently I wasn’t in class when this was discussed…

I used to watch Big Brother religiously, until I found DCC:MTT, of course 😁

Thanks again.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

REALLY?!?! Apparently I wasn’t in class when this was discussed…

I used to watch Big Brother religiously, until I found DCC:MTT, of course 😁

Thanks again.

I'll take my answer to your question to former DCCs  topic ok?

• Love 2
(edited)

Madeline has a unique look 🤔 I feel like they could glam her up to be a Pamela Anderson/Anna Nicole Smith type of beauty 🤔 not the raunchiness but u know what I’m saying about the edgy kind of pretty 🤔 Let me emphasize I don’t mean the raunchiness 😂 I would also be surprised if they kept all of Kristin, Christina, and Kaydianna. They have a similar look. I wonder if there’s a secret judging battle between those three 🤔 I have firsthand experience with NFL cheerleading and I know that you are always competing with your type. Example Hannah and Claire being curvier, pale, lighter shade of red heads  Claire was a stronger dancer so they looked for a reason to cut Hannah. This isn’t always the case because if you’re stunning and have the look, they will make an exception. But for the most part it’s very common in this industry 

Edited by dfwxo
Spelling
  • Useful 8
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, dfwxo said:

Madeline has a unique look 🤔 I feel like they could glam her up to be a Pamela Anderson/Anna Nicole Smith type of beauty 🤔 not the raunchiness but u know what I’m saying about the edgy kind of pretty 🤔 Let me emphasize I don’t mean the raunchiness 😂 I would also be surprised if they kept all of Kristin, Christina, and Kaydianna. They have a similar look. I wonder if there’s a secret judging battle between those three 🤔 I have firsthand experience with NFL cheerleading and I know that you are always competing with your type. Example Hannah and Claire being curvier, pale, lighter shade of red heads  Claire was a stronger dancer so they looked for a reason to cut Hannah. This isn’t always the case because if you’re stunning and have the look, they will make an exception. But for the most part it’s very common in this industry 

Like the Melissa Wallace, Amy Trader years? They were both DCC in season 10 and 11. I had the hardest time telling them apart.

amymelissa.jpg

• Love 11